Thread: The Reset Button Movement

1. Link to Post #121
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Default Re: The Reset Button Movement

- I woke up this morning to find this thread added to the Priority thread list! Excellent discernment (IMO) - Dennis rocks and I love the Reset Button concept and that someone cared (and still cares) enough to put together the site like he did and maintain it like he does is aces to me.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (1st March 2013), Limor Wolf (18th February 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), Marianne (18th February 2013)

3. Link to Post #122
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

I am honored and appreciative that The Reset Button thread was moved into the new "Priority Threads" section.

News:
    The Reset Button document is getting another revision. Many little typos getting repaired, but primarily a switch from the use of the term "Phase" (as in, "Phase I and "Phase II.") As it is currently, almost every hurdle with getting ordinary folks to get behind the effort has had something to do with something written in "Phase II" - as if everything in Phase II would happen just as written, simply because Phase I is accomplished.

What had been called "Phase II" is not the Reset Button, but rather a set of essays that candidates would be mandated to address. The previous revision clarified that somewhat - but not enough.

Phase I is the Reset Button. It really is all of it. The idea is a concrete goal, plan, and strategy for ordinary citizens to finally gain the power of self-governance - you know, that marvelous phrase that Abraham Lincoln used in the Gettysburg Address, "a government of the people, by the people, and for the people" (which he was saying as if we already had it.)

Anyone who lives on planet Earth (not just US citizens) should want this with all your hearts and souls. The USA spills-out over the planet: The most powerful military force on the planet (with over 1000 foreign bases large and small, and bases of operation, and black prisons), home base for the nefarious international bankers weapon of mass destruction - the Federal Reserve, home port for many of the most nefarious multinational corporations in the world, control over the UN, control over a great deal of international law... Yes, The Reset Button may seem "Americentric" at first blush, but its benevolent implications are indeed global. Perhaps it may also spur some ambitious, passionate, and compassionate persons in other nations to put something similar together - that the citizens in your country may gain self-governance and throw-off the malevolent ruling elite.

Though I am terribly disappointed that The Reset Button did not make a huge impact before the 2012 US election cycle, there are still no activist organizations even proposing anything that would take the power away from the sociopaths and psychopaths assembled together as the US federal government. The activist organizations seem content to settle on hacking at the branches, rather than going for the root. Even if the Reset Button is never implemented, there needs to be at least one concrete signpost in the nebulous storm - something foundational to build from. And so I will continue to make it available, and hope that it is helpful.

A new website is also coming soon. Same basic website, different domain name (without 2012 or any year.) I'll supply that link here.

Please continue to send people to the current site, with the aim to be thought-provoking and providing food for thought as to why a comprehensive solution, (attacking the root of the biggest issues from all critical angles), is the only possible real solution.

Thanks,

Dennis

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

CdnSirian (22nd March 2013), Chester (21st March 2013), Freed Fox (21st March 2013), Hermite (21st March 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), meeradas (21st March 2013), sandy (22nd March 2013)

5. Link to Post #123
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

yes Dennis, election reform , the first step... the second is a salary cap on politicians, 50 grand a year is plenty, and they pay for their own healthcare, transportation, etc... billionaires, millionaires should not be able to use their own money for their election , how about if want to be a senator in a state you must be living there and have at least twenty years living in that state at some point in your life ... I say local government is best... a bunch of rich people miles away in secret meetings passing bills they have not read , this way of doing business is over ...The people should be able to read it, and if they like it, then let the conversation begin in the debate room, and if they belive so strong about their pet projects , let them foot the bill ... amazing rich people need money from the poor for the ideas of the rich that always screws the poor ... If a canidate is found to be lying about his opponent, he is banned from any public service office for his or her lifetime... two year term limits for eveyone... no career politicians anymore ... once you have served in any capacity you are out of politics ... everyone does two years ... then the entire public would understand how it all works ... it would truly be of the people and for the people and by the people ... No more foreign aid... period... No one gives us their money... conflict of interest should be above all current matters, ceo's of corporations lose their influence on government ...someone lobbying for war, while sitting on a board of directors for a corporation that makes tanks, missles, ammo, etc it dealt with swiftly and harshly ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Chester (24th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (24th March 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014)

7. Link to Post #124
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    yes Dennis, election reform , the first step... the second is a salary cap on politicians, 50 grand a year is plenty, and they pay for their own healthcare, transportation, etc... billionaires, millionaires should not be able to use their own money for their election , how about if want to be a senator in a state you must be living there and have at least twenty years living in that state at some point in your life ... I say local government is best... a bunch of rich people miles away in secret meetings passing bills they have not read , this way of doing business is over ...The people should be able to read it, and if they like it, then let the conversation begin in the debate room, and if they belive so strong about their pet projects , let them foot the bill ... amazing rich people need money from the poor for the ideas of the rich that always screws the poor ... If a canidate is found to be lying about his opponent, he is banned from any public service office for his or her lifetime... two year term limits for eveyone... no career politicians anymore ... once you have served in any capacity you are out of politics ... everyone does two years ... then the entire public would understand how it all works ... it would truly be of the people and for the people and by the people ... No more foreign aid... period... No one gives us their money... conflict of interest should be above all current matters, ceo's of corporations lose their influence on government ...someone lobbying for war, while sitting on a board of directors for a corporation that makes tanks, missles, ammo, etc it dealt with swiftly and harshly ...
    Hi Ghostrider,

If you check out the Reset Button document, you'll see many of these ideas in one form or another, but it has become apparent (after talking with a lot of people), that of the trio of "goal, plan, strategy", I was not very good at expressing the importance of the "goal" piece. What becomes obvious is that every sincere person that wants change has different ultimate goals. So, the common goal has to be a subset of all goals, the subset that would be the gray zone on a Venn diagram - plus, (and this is critical) to simply focus on getting minions of corporatocracy out of power and ordinary citizens in power. Whatever is the simplest and least complex way to do that is critical. That means the most people (the highest percentage of all citizens combined) can support it.

Two examples: If something is written as a goal that appears to favor the goals of Libertarians, then those opposed to some Libertarian goals will reject it. If something is written as a goal that appears to favor the goals of "Zeitgeisters", then those opposed to some Zeitgeist Movement goals will reject it. Those ultimate, secondary and tertiary goals (no matter how closely someone holds them to their heart) need to be discussed later, when citizens are actually empowered. Until then, all discussion is moot - no one in power cares at all. There is no citizen representation in US federal government - none. All Senators and all Representatives currently in power represent corporations, not citizens.

As it turns out, the common goal is, in itself, a game-changer, a paradigm-changer. The simple goal of getting ordinary citizens into all elected (and appointed) positions is a huge goal, and a required first step toward any other reforms.

Once that singular, common goal (a literal government of the people, by the people, and for the people - that is, ordinary citizens with no corporate ties in every elected and appointed seat in government) is realized, then (and only then) can we citizens work out what our other agreed-upon goals are.

Visualize 535 new individuals in Congress:
    • None of whom has any ties to banks or corporations (not even stock ownership.)
    • None of whom can use their own money or accept any money from anyone else - private, business, or corporation - for the election (elections become strictly publicly funded)
    • All of whom are mandated to have equal time and prominence in all media (negating corporate media's power)
    • All of whom have had to express, in writing, their positions on a couple of dozen major issues (no fluff)
    • All of whom are subject to recall if they are found to betray those written positions (positions that got them elected)
    • None of whom were pre-selected by political parties (all candidates would be non-partisan)
    • All of whom would have their positions for a single term, and then out (no career politicians)
    • An element of random chance (like jury selection) would be incorporated to keep the number of candidates manageable and prevent the Financial Elite from knowing in advance who is even going to be on the ballot
    That would be amazingly powerful. It would, in fact, be exactly the opposite of what we have now (535 corporate representatives.)

The initial Law and Amendment would set specifics necessary to (truly) reform the electoral system, preventing the rich and powerful from controlling elections. Only those specifics need to be included that create that reality - anything else added would cloud the issue and complicate the goal. This has to work for very simple minded people and very sophisticated people that simply know they don't want want to be ruled by the rich any more.

Dennis

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Chester (25th March 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), sandy (24th March 2013)

9. Link to Post #125
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Something that Wade Frazier said today ("... None of the advances happened in isolation...") careened off a couple of neurons in my brain and this thought popped out: Maybe The Reset Button general concept (a way to take governance away from the Elite and put it into the hands of citizens), which is sorely needed in almost every country in the world, not just the US, will spur someone in another country to ignite a movement to unite their country's citizens and gain self-governance.

Maybe I won't see it happen in the US in my lifetime, even though the US (massive global controllers and destructive force that we are) changing to citizen-governance would be the most significant to humanity.

Anyway, it was a heart-warming thought. :~)

Dennis

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Chester (25th March 2013), mactiegre (28th June 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), meeradas (13th January 2014), sandy (25th March 2013)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	green book reset button.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	20959

oO

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th January 2014)

13. Link to Post #127
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,263 times in 2,725 posts

Hi Dennis
    I just took a second look at the reset button singed in.

In our country my proposal during election is that no candidate will be allowed to campaign. The commission on election will undertake the introduction of candidates and their platform via TV that will run whole year prior to election; airing 1 to 3 hours election time daily program in one of the major TV stations. All candidates will be given fair share of air time to voice whatever he wants to. Does the idea resonates?
    Next is Transparency, which calls for the creation of Gov. information center which will be available online; Information to be publish includes public officers activities of the day and planed activities for the next few days so that citizens can follow whoever wishes to. Money matters; where the money goes or intended to go. Project bidding dates. Who are the contractors etc.
    Once the correct people is elected and the activities are monitored then every problem is solved.
    Although I have not gotten more than share this thought to a few friends because to me it ultimately boils down to support which in my own calculation is impossible to get. At least for the moment. I commend you for having taken the step although you might be well aware of the real score. As my father said “if we don’t do it, who will”.
    I have thought of a number of ways where to start, including building a small off grid money less community near the big city. The community will be highlighted as a park where people can go on their weekend leisure. And share whatever they wish to the community. Guest cottages will be available for any family who wishes to stay for a certain number of days. Guest will be required to participate in whatever activity of the OG community which will include farming daily socials education etc. This will be a form of education that will hopefully make people look and question the status quo. Which will be the start of awakening among them.
    But the fact is we can make all the brilliant suggestions but without support it will remain as mere clatter. So to me it is; education first. In other words making people to consider a look into the present belief system.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Chester (1st July 2013), Dennis Leahy (30th June 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014)

15. Link to Post #128
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by nature (here)
    Hi Dennis
    I just took a second look at the reset button singed in.

In our country my proposal during election is that no candidate will be allowed to campaign. The commission on election will undertake the introduction of candidates and their platform via TV that will run whole year prior to election; airing 1 to 3 hours election time daily program in one of the major TV stations. All candidates will be given fair share of air time to voice whatever he wants to. Does the idea resonates?
    Next is Transparency, which calls for the creation of Gov. information center which will be available online; Information to be publish includes public officers activities of the day and planed activities for the next few days so that citizens can follow whoever wishes to. Money matters; where the money goes or intended to go. Project bidding dates. Who are the contractors etc.
    Once the correct people is elected and the activities are monitored then every problem is solved.
    Although I have not gotten more than share this thought to a few friends because to me it ultimately boils down to support which in my own calculation is impossible to get. At least for the moment. I commend you for having taken the step although you might be well aware of the real score. As my father said “if we don’t do it, who will”.
    I have thought of a number of ways where to start, including building a small off grid money less community near the big city. The community will be highlighted as a park where people can go on their weekend leisure. And share whatever they wish to the community. Guest cottages will be available for any family who wishes to stay for a certain number of days. Guest will be required to participate in whatever activity of the OG community which will include farming daily socials education etc. This will be a form of education that will hopefully make people look and question the status quo. Which will be the start of awakening among them.
    But the fact is we can make all the brilliant suggestions but without support it will remain as mere clatter. So to me it is; education first. In other words making people to consider a look into the present belief system.
    Hi Nature,

At first, the Reset Button concept was a pile of critical, but unrelated, issues. The more I thought about it, the more it became apparent that NOTHING would change until the electoral system is changed. So it became the primary issue. Then with a bit more thought (as will be apparent in the next revision), it became obvious that all of the secondary issues (no matter how life-and-death critical they are), provide an easy route for disunity, so those issues need to be clearly shown to be issues yet to be dealt with... beyond transforming the electoral system.

I do not know anything about politics and political parties in the Philippines, but in the US, there are really only 2 political parties that can possibly win enough seats to pass even a single law. Both of those parties are controlled by Big Money and highly influential Old Power. So, it should be obvious to most US citizens that Big Money and Old Power run elections. They are so good at what they do, that they control the entire group of candidates* and so they always win. (The candidate Ron Paul has been one exception; the political party structure was not able to stop or else allowed Ron Paul to remain prominent - but then they used their other mighty hammer - the complete control of mass media, which they conveniently also own and control, to make sure Ron Paul was marginalized to the sidelines. The same was done with billionaire presidential candidate Ross Perot a couple of decades ago.)

So (as I read in a Wikipedia article), it appears that the Philippines has two major political parties, but that a smattering of the other parties are represented in your Congress. If your 2 dominant parties are controlled by Big Money and Old Power, then you have the same problem as US citizens do, and need to completely transform your electoral system to specifically exclude Big Money and Old Power and only allow citizens with no ties to Big Money and Old Power to run for office.

This is a huge task, it will take a lot of energy and a lot of unity (behind the idea that the citizens are sick of Big Money and Old Power running the Philippine government.)

So, if you are asking the opinion of this outsider, I'd say concentrate ALL of your efforts on getting the electoral system changed. Save the other big issue you mentioned (transparency) for the newly elected representatives (that will be representing citizens, rather than Big Money and Old Power.) Trust that they will deal with the issue. You know the ones in power now will not EVER really deal with that issue.

In the US, the land of television (where the camera angle changes every few seconds) and fast food reigns supreme, and - most notably - the Elite are in complete control of Education and Mass Media - we cannot wait for education (though you are right, the people need to at least know about the plan, so they need at least to be exposed to the new idea. I'm afraid that in the US, it has to be reduced to a meme that is understandable and repeatable in about ten seconds to twenty seconds.

I congratulate you for thinking about this problem. The US may be the most critical nation for citizens to stand up (because we have the largest military, and the international bankers and many huge corporations use the US as a staging area for world conquest), but ultimately, the citizens in each and every nation on Earth need to stand up and take control of their own government.

Dennis

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Chester (1st July 2013), Freed Fox (30th June 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), risveglio (30th June 2013)

17. Link to Post #129
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,263 times in 2,725 posts

Halo Dennis,

Political parties in our country could be as many the most I remember was five political parties and then independent candidates are allowed. Anyways the important fact here is the REFORM OF THE ELECTORAL PROCESS, as far as I understand we do not differ in that angle

Yes of course we must can congratulate ourselves because this means that we are bless with more time, energy and perhaps talent than we need for ourselves and our family that we are able to think of the betterment of all.

So, if you are asking the opinion of this outsider, I'd say concentrate ALL of your efforts on getting the electoral system changed. Save the other big issue you mentioned (transparency) for the newly elected representatives (that will be representing citizens, rather than Big Money and Old Power.) Trust that they will deal with the issue. You know the ones in power now will not EVER really deal with that issue.

Thanks for the opinion Am really in to sharing opinion particularly with people who have proven to possess honest and superior intellect.

What you said however is true to the extent only of the moral standard of the community. What I mean is the number of good government official that will be elected is proportional to the moral standard of the community. Meaning we cannot avoid electing puppet GO’s

And this is where transparency comes in. If you understand carefully my post in this regard you will understand that government officials will be subjected to watchers every single minute of their term of office. This means that the more corrupt the GO the earlier he will be caught and impeach from his office. This process will repeat until the gov organization is rid of every single corrupt. Now let us look in a system where there are no watchers. On the context of “nobody is perfect” which is of course true, a good GO can be subjected to espionage and be endangered of being blackmailed, coerce, bribe and finally tempted.
    The most important part of the transparency strategy is the selection process of the transparency commission. I have worked out the detail however the situation here is different from yours so I will not mention it. I just want to stress the importance of Transparency, which is in my opinion, is more important than reforming the electoral process.

Your opinion is not only welcome but more so requested.

Julian

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Chester (1st July 2013), Dennis Leahy (1st July 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014)

19. Link to Post #130
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Great job on the website. Wish yous the best of luck on your goal.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThresholdRising For This Post:

Chester (1st July 2013), Dennis Leahy (1st July 2013), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014)

21. Link to Post #131
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Reset Button document, revision 3
    and
    new website (ResetButtonMovement.Org)
    were launched today.

I'll start a new thread about it, because the changes were significant.

Dennis

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (12th January 2014), Kristin (12th January 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014)

23. Link to Post #132
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

Nice job Dennis!!! Thank you for all your hard work!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (12th January 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014)

25. Link to Post #133
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The new website, http://www.ResetButtonMovement.Org/ has been launched.

The Reset Button document, revision 3, is completed and is available on the new website.

All that I would initially ask is for people to read the revised document, check out the website (including the FAQ page), and share the site. That's all, just share it, and allow others to read the information.

What is new:
    The Reset Button (before this version) was seen by too many people as overwhelming and impossible to achieve. It seems that no matter how much I tried to divide the document up into the initial goal (which was called "Phase I") of electoral paradigm transformation, and the 'laundry list' of major problems that the US faces as a nation (that had been referred to as "Phase II"), people automatically blended the two together. The problem that created was that readers who had any disagreement with anything in "Phase II" simply would not support "Phase I."

So, the document was split into two documents:
    The Reset Button
    and
    Candidate Position Issues

and now The Reset Button "reads" as strictly election reform/electoral paradigm transformation. Period. Just one issue - self governance. (And self-governance is the gateway to solving the other major issues.) The only way any of the other issues will ever get addressed is if the primary goal (passage of one law, the Election Reform Act, and ratification of one amendment, the Election Reform Amendment) is completed.

The tie-in (between those 2 documents) is that candidates in elections would have to address, in writing, the Candidate Position Issues. No hiding from the big issues.

People are asked to sign The Reset Button document - as a declaration, not as a petition. This should make it clear that you are simply declaring your support for a new electoral paradigm that prevents the Elite from controlling elections.

If you are a US citizen, signing the document makes you a "signer."
    If you are not a US citizen, signing the document makes you a "supporter."

An optional form that US voters could fill-in and submit at election time allows voters to express their degree of agreement with or disagreement with the essays included in the Candidate Position Issues (that candidates are mandated to supply.) This would provide a "pulse" from the citizens/electorate, and newly elected officials would be aware of their constituent's opinion. This would also provide a benchmark to use in measuring the newly elected official's compliance with the electorate's desires (though one of the issues, "Representation Reform" clearly asks the candidates if they intend to perform their job completely autonomously or with the full weight of democratic inclusiveness, but this does NOT create direct democracy.

Mandated, Direct Democracy would be a major change in the form of the US federal government's current method (constitutional republic) of governance, would require its own constitutional amendment, and that should not occur without extensive dialog and debate that are not even considered within the Reset Button or the Candidate Position Issues. So, to anyone who is frightened of/by Mandated Direct Democracy, realize it is not a part of this document - clearly beyond the scope of this work. (I have heard fear of "mob rule" cited by people who fear direct democracy, should it ever come about. As far as I'm concerned, the US has "Mob rule" right now - the Elite Mafia control the elected officials.)

The new website also has better coding for the functionality for people to sign (the older way seemed to take too long at times, to send out the activation email.)

What happens next is in the hands of the citizens of the US, certainly not just me. If you actually want the Elite - money and non-monetary influence - out of US elections, and a way to finally create a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, then you will embrace it as if the outcome IS up to you and your efforts. How badly do you want self-governance and shaking off the rule of the Elite? How many way can you think of sharing this: http://www.ResetButtonMovement.Org

Dennis

26. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

aranuk (12th January 2014), cfho83 (5th September 2014), Conchis (12th January 2014), Curt (12th January 2014), Debra (13th January 2014), dianna (12th January 2014), ElfeMya (11th May 2014), Flashlight (19th June 2015), grampah (22nd April 2014), GreenGuy (12th January 2014), heretogrow (12th January 2014), Isserley (12th January 2014), Joseph McAree (12th January 2014), kfm27917 (2nd December 2019), learninglight (13th January 2014), Lefty Dave (12th January 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), meeradas (12th January 2014), Nat_Lee (19th December 2014), PumpkinSeed (7th August 2015), PurpleLama (13th January 2014), Robin (12th January 2014), Sean Cullen (13th January 2014), Shezbeth (12th January 2014), Spirithorse (12th January 2014), Tesseract (12th January 2014), turiya (12th January 2014), ulli (12th January 2014), unearth9 (27th May 2014)

27. Link to Post #134
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kristin (here)
    Nice job Dennis!!! Thank you for all your hard work!
    Thank you, my friend! I did get the new thread posted.

Dennis

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), unearth9 (27th May 2014)

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Perhaps you could get a skype interview on TPV to talk about your ideas, although I'm not sure the US audience is that large right now.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Conchis (13th January 2014), Curt (12th January 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th January 2014), Joseph McAree (12th January 2014), learninglight (13th January 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), Robin (12th January 2014), ulli (13th January 2014), unearth9 (27th May 2014)

31. Link to Post #136
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Tesseract, I am not much of a public speaker, but I agree that video is powerful and is an element missing from presenting this material. I have been mentally scripting several very short (under 5 minute) videos to put the major concepts of The Reset Button into a quickly-digested format, and am assembling the physical pieces (video camera, tripod, lights, background screen) to do the videos so they are not too amateurish. So, yes, video is coming. Maybe after I do those videos, I would be more confident to do a "Skype interview" type of presentation as well. I was able to begin honing my skills yesterday, as a speaker at a "political progressive" symposium held in my town. Right now, as a public speaker, I'd award myself about a "C+", as I only noticed one person falling asleep.

But I think you're correct that The People's Voice may not be a good venue for an Americentric issue (even though "what happens in America doesn't stay in America.")

Dennis

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Curt (12th January 2014), learninglight (13th January 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), meeradas (13th January 2014), Robin (12th January 2014), sandy (13th January 2014), Sean Cullen (13th January 2014), Tesseract (12th January 2014), ulli (13th January 2014), unearth9 (27th May 2014)

33. Link to Post #137
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Hey Dennis,

I'm currently reading over all of your material and will give you a detailed analysis when I am done. This is so very important and I encourage everybody (especially U.S. Americans) to do the same.

Sam
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Conchis (13th January 2014), Debra (13th January 2014), Dennis Leahy (13th January 2014), learninglight (13th January 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), Sean Cullen (13th January 2014), unearth9 (27th May 2014)

35. Link to Post #138
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

You're a true pioneer, Dennis.
    Americentric? Born there, yes. But this is way bigger.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

learninglight (13th January 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), PurpleLama (13th January 2014), Sean Cullen (13th January 2014), ulli (13th January 2014), unearth9 (27th May 2014)

37. Link to Post #139
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks Samwise and Meeradas.

Well, the implications are beyond Americentric, that's for sure. Having the ordinary citizens of the US take control of the US government would change the world - for the better.

First, the information needs to spread, it needs to be spread by anyone that thinks that the idea of US citizens actually creating a government of the people, and throwing off the corporatocracy, is a good idea. Wade Frazier understands that, if the number of people supporting an idea raches a threshold, the idea will take hold. He got this from his "knowing", from his intuition (I assume.) And now, a scientific study backs it up. The threshold is 10%. Once 10% of a population accepts an idea, the idea takes root. (Here's a link to the study: Minority Rules: Scientists Discover Tipping Point for the Spread of Ideas)

After seeing the gigantic crowds in Egypt, and Spain, and Greece, and other countries, I started to think that it would be great if those outside the US (non-US citizens) would sign The Reset Button - encouraging their US brothers and sisters.

Dennis

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Gardener (14th February 2014), Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), risveglio (13th January 2014), Robin (13th January 2014), sandy (14th January 2014), ulli (13th January 2014), unearth9 (27th May 2014)

39. Link to Post #140
    United States Avalon Member Conchis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 times in 273 posts

So I see the idea there that we take the corporations out of politics. The Supreme Court has ruled that Corporations use of campaign money is the equivalent of free speech. Felons are not allowed to vote. Maybe if we convict come corporations of the corporate crimes they commit (we NEVER try corporations criminally) we could take their "free speech" right away, since they don't actually get a vote to take away. Just a thought.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conchis For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th January 2014), Rufs (18th January 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 7 14 LastLast