+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avelox, Cipro, and Levaquin have been named in over 2,000 drug injury lawsuits

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

Default Avelox, Cipro, and Levaquin have been named in over 2,000 drug injury lawsuits

Gut Bacteria Can Affect Fat Absorption, and Act in Accordance to “Social Structures”
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...1001_DNL_art_1

These are all fluoroquinolones, a class of fluoridated antibiotics associated with a number of serious side effects, such as potentially blinding retinal detachment, kidney failure, and permanent tendon damage. Fluoroquinolones do carry a black box warning for tendonitis, ruptured tendons, and its potentially detrimental effect on neuromuscular activity, but many patients simply do not read the warning labels before taking the drug. Other serious injuries linked to fluoroquinolones include:

Injury to central nervous system
    Injury to your heart
    Liver problems
    Gastrointestinal problems
    Injury to musculoskeletal system
    Injury to renal system
    Injury to visual and/or auditory system
    Altered blood sugar metabolism
    Depression
    Psychotic reactions and hallucinations
    Phototoxicity
    Disfiguring rashes
    Staphylococcus aureus infection
    C. difficile infection
    Severe diarrhea
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), crosby (1st October 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (1st October 2012), genevieve (1st October 2012), Referee (1st October 2012), WhiteFeather (1st October 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Default Re: Avelox, Cipro, and Levaquin have been named in over 2,000 drug injury lawsuits

Seems to me that doctors dont even read the warning lables. They prescribe this stuff like candy.
    Acutally 2,000 lawsuits is a pitance compared to how frequently it is prescribed,,, statistically almost nothing... except of course to those who suffer the injury.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), crosby (1st October 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (1st October 2012), WhiteFeather (1st October 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,796 times in 2,657 posts

Default Re: Avelox, Cipro, and Levaquin have been named in over 2,000 drug injury lawsuits

years ago, i became ill and my doctor prescribed avalox - which made me very ill. the doctors told me that i had an allergy to this drug. then, this past summer i caught some kind of bug, and they gave me cipro, which made me sicker, again. so when i went back to the doctors, they told me that cipro has some of the same properties as avalox. when i asked him why he would prescribe a drug that carries similar properties of one that i had a serious reaction to, he had no answer. i did not pay my bill.

what i am thinking is that i did not have an allergic reaction, but just had plain serious side effects from both of these drugs. since the summer episode, i have had some nearly debilitating visual problems and now, i am understanding better why. thank you sigma6 this is very informative for me.
    warmest regards, corson

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), Darla Ken Pearce (1st October 2012), sigma6 (2nd October 2012), WhiteFeather (1st October 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

People would do well to understand what an allergic reaction is. If you dont have these types of symptoms then the reaction you are having is a toxic reaction. your liver is not coping with the detox of the drug. Clearly the reactions ot leovoquin and cipro are generally toxic reactions, not allergy. Ive not really seen an allergic reaction to these drugs but thats not saying its impossible.

a side effect is always a TOXIC REACTION.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/allergy-symptoms

many times patients will report a reaction to a drug as an allergy but it isn't. Its a toxic reaction which is a different state of affairs. this is why some docs will try related drugs, because they dont really believe you had an allergy but just a toxic reaction, so they are tempted to try something similar in hopes that your body can cope with it better.... but in general if you react negatively to cipro or levaquin you will react negatively to others in this same class of drugs..

Next time go for the MMS

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), conk (1st October 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (1st October 2012), sigma6 (2nd October 2012), WhiteFeather (1st October 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

cipro left me with lumps all over my face and head and chronic pain in my legs a nd arms........
    There is no theory of evolution...
    There is just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris allows to live

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Setras For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), Darla Ken Pearce (1st October 2012), WhiteFeather (1st October 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

What are these drugs usually prescribed for?

I know they are antibiotics...but are they used for specific infections?
    Last edited by Lettherebelight; 1st October 2012 at 13:47.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), Darla Ken Pearce (1st October 2012), WhiteFeather (1st October 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,346 times in 21,472 posts

Quote Posted by Lettherebelight (here)

My impression, from a sample space of one (watching my sister go through some conventional medical treatment last year) is that such "broad spectrum" antibiotics are essentially used as a "bigger hammer." I found most doctors to act rather like poorer than average carpenters in technique, though far better trained in how to manage a profitable business ... like a not so good carpenter, they tend to hit things harder, with a bigger hammer, if the first attempt doesn't work, or even on the first attempt if they are being more impatient. When more patient, they will first try a more specific antibiotic that they associate in their minds somehow with the specific complaint, before falling back to the "bigger hammer" of a broad spectrum antibiotic.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), Lettherebelight (1st October 2012), noprophet (1st October 2012), WhiteFeather (1st October 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

i was given them for a bladder infection........... i did suggest an alternative but the dr insisted.... was a few years ago and a different Dr....
    There is no theory of evolution...
    There is just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris allows to live

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Setras For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), Lettherebelight (1st October 2012), WhiteFeather (1st October 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,970 times in 5,651 posts

Perhaps the Food and Drug Cartel here in America needs to be investigated. As with with The IMF and Monsanto.
    I sure hope this gets its due exposure in The Lame Stream News Circuit.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

18. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Actually this is a fairly well known issue with these drugs these days... its been going on for years. What is requried is patient awareness to just say NO! cause the docs wont do it. They are repeatedly confronted with resistant infections and it becomes a catch 22. Damned if you use them and damed if you don't

Levaquin is typically given for urinary track infections, especially if the doc is lazy or cheap and doesnt bother doing a urine culture.

Cipro is typically given for gastro intestinal infections and acute diarrhea, like montezeumas revenge and irritable bowel and crohns... anything with the gut.

Either of them may be given for other types of infection.
    They are very broad spectrum and can lead to resistant infections and further problems.
    always insist that your infection be tested for culture and sensitivity so the doc can select the least dangerous and least broad spectrum antibiotic.
    With that being said, choose MMS.

Im not familiar with avelox.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 1st October 2012 at 18:25.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)

My impression, from a sample space of one (watching my sister go through some conventional medical treatment last year) is that such "broad spectrum" antibiotics are essentially used as a "bigger hammer." I found most doctors to act rather like poorer than average carpenters in technique, though far better trained in how to manage a profitable business ... like a not so good carpenter, they tend to hit things harder, with a bigger hammer, if the first attempt doesn't work, or even on the first attempt if they are being more impatient. When more patient, they will first try a more specific antibiotic that they associate in their minds somehow with the specific complaint, before falling back to the "bigger hammer" of a broad spectrum antibiotic.
    that sounds more like a marketing technique... they know the first antibiotic is very likely not to work, which only guarantees the return of the 'sucker' (patient) which is another opportunity to make another residual commission... and so on... I haven't been using Drs, or pharmacology or Dental assistance for almost 10-20 years now, and have never looked back... you will never, ever, ever find an answer there... your supporting population reduction and criminal syndicates every pill you buy

the best books to start on are Earl Mindell's vitamin Bible, then any of the Home Remedy Health Care books, and get a subscription to Mercola and Health Ranger... make an investment in yourself ... and start practicing urine therapy, it does take several weeks and months to mentally 'condition' yourself I am finding... but it will serve you the rest of your life, start treating this as a lifetime investment program

Urine Videos - post #38
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=urine+therapy

Urine ebooks - post #54
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=urine+therapy

Direct 4shared file location
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/nvUiiTFn/...led_Water.html
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    [, if the first attempt doesn't work, or even on the first attempt if they are being more impatient. When more patient, they will first try a more specific antibiotic that they associate in their minds somehow with the specific complaint, before falling back to the "bigger hammer" of a broad spectrum antibiotic.
    Well a more specific antibiotic is generally (but not always) a bigger hammer. It is not pennicillin nor a sulfa drug. Bigger hammers are required in this paradigm because the germs are bigger, more powerful in resistance to the drugs in many cases, but of course not all. No doctor can be sure which type of specific hammer to use unless he does culture and sensitivity tests on the infection. without its just a shot in the dark which they prefer to call an educated guess... I have seen many an educated guess go wrong bringing forth untold woe and expense.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), ThePythonicCow (2nd October 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Antibiotics are a guaranteed statistically reliable method of breeding more resistant germs and viruses, using humans as the incubators... and "they" know it... financial news articles were discussing the 'fortunes' that would be made over 10 years ago on pharmaceutical companies dealing with "super viruses"

When investment companies are giving you the goods on the health industry you know we're in trouble...
    Last edited by sigma6; 2nd October 2012 at 20:47.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,478 times in 2,544 posts

Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 12th May 2021 at 03:39.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2021), Harmony (12th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread