+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1 5 15 55 95 LastLast

Thread: How Jimmy was able to Fix it !!!

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: How Jimmy was able to Fix it !!!

Quote Warning i will not post the interview as there is swearing involved that may offend.

Apparently, this was actually recorded during the last series of "Have I Got
    News For You" when Jimmy Saville was a guest on Paul Merton's team.
    Incredibly, it didn't make our screens. (It seems that Mr. Merton doesn't
    like Mr. Saville very much)

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rogerb/jokes/HIGNFY.txt

Part Quote:
    Out-take 3:09'36
    During the headline round:
    DEAYTON: You used to be a wrestler didn't you?
    SAVILLE: I still am.
    DEAYTON: Are you?
    SAVILLE: I'm feared in every girls' school in the country.
    (Audience laugh)
    DEAYTON: Yeah, I've heard about that.
    SAVILLE: What have you heard?

Read more here: http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rogerb/jokes/HIGNFY.txt
    Thanks Billy J unfortunately this is not true..........Paul Merton explains this in post #27 of this thread..........

Its explained here....

He was on the show 12years ago and the audiance laugh at Savilles quip !!

Not realising its significance , and obvious meaning 'NOW' !!
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 28th October 2012 at 16:35.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Lisab (1st November 2012), mahalall (29th October 2012)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks

DAILY MAIL on Line....

PUBLISHED: 22:57, 27 October 2012

BBC’s Sally Jones: ‘Pervert’ Savile groped me in lift – and Jill Dando warned me of ‘unwelcome advances’ at Breakfast Time office
    Sally Jones' 'close encounter' with Jimmy Savile remains one of the worst 'Eeee-eww!' moments of her life
    'Acrid taste of cigar smoke almost made me retch and I froze, cringing, as he ran one hand up from my waist and fumbled for my breast'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Ad4JXgTd
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

As growing numbers of Jimmy Savile's victims come out of the woodwork with increasingly shocking stories of the abuse and intimidation they suffered at the hands of him and other celebrities, a picture is emerging of a climate of routine sexism at the BBC during the Seventies and Eighties.

Already, well-known journalists and presenters including Liz Kershaw, Miriam O'Reilly and Vivien Creegor have told of their experiences of sexual harassment and discrimination, while the upper echelons of BBC news desperately attempt to close ranks and claim, (unconvincingly, given the natural curiosity hard-wired into most top journalists) to have shown absolutely no interest in the nitty-gritty of potentially explosive allegations made against one of their most celebrated talents.

I have my own Savile story – a story with a difference, as I was not some impressionable 14-year-old at the time, but an experienced TV journalist in my early 30s who had already reported on some dangerous situations including the Brixton and Handsworth riots.

My 'close encounter' with Jimmy Savile, however, remains one of the worst 'Eeee-eww!' moments of my life – leaving me teeth-suckingly embarrassed rather than mentally scarred.

Newly arrived at BBC TV Centre in the late Eighties as a sports presenter on Breakfast Time, I found myself alone in a lift with him. We had met previously in Leeds while I was covering cricket for Channel 4 News, and when I helped out on one of his charity walks. But he was not a close friend and I had always found him a weird, self-conscious attention-seeker, even creepier than the rest of his fellow DJs.

I exchanged uneasy banter with him out of politeness, only to find him snuggling up for a smooch, complete with oddball sunglasses and wreathed in cigar smoke.

'It's our Sal,' he crowed. 'How about a kiss for Uncle Jimmy?' Bemused and a bit embarrassed, I proffered my cheek in gingerly fashion, only for him to grab my chin and thrust his tongue into my mouth.

The acrid taste of cigar smoke almost made me retch and I froze, cringing, as he ran one hand up from my waist and fumbled for my breast. Anger took over.

'Don't be so absolutely ridiculous,' I hissed. 'Take your hands off me and don't you ever touch me again!'

I peeled him off and pushed him away. He backed off grumbling that it was just a bit of fun, that I couldn't take a joke and was probably frigid.

I bolted out of the lift furiously, wiping my mouth, trying to rid myself of the taste of him. I felt dirty, as though I had somehow 'asked for it' and replayed the admittedly slightly smutty conversation in my mind.

Yes, it was laden with innuendo, but on a fairly innocent level and no worse than any of the joky exchanges that were commonplace in most workplaces, particularly television in that era.

I dashed into the Breakfast Time office and confided what had happened to my friend Jill Dando, herself a recent arrival and already a popular newsreader.

'Of course you didn't ask for it,' she reassured me, admitting that she had had to fend off plenty of unwelcome advances herself. 'He's just a dirty old perv – half the DJs are like that.'

I decided to keep quiet for the sake of my career – Savile was then one of the biggest names in showbiz. I regarded myself as a serious reporter and I certainly didn't want to be stereotyped as casting-couch fodder or a namby victim who could not stand up for herself.

There was quite a divide in the late Eighties between the TV presenters and reporters who were university-educated trained journalists – Kate Adie, Kirsty Wark, Sally Magnusson – and the 'old guard' of former actresses and beauty queens such as Jan Leeming, Debbie Greenwood and others who had been picked for their winsome looks.

Sally Jones, left, with BBC Breakfast Time presenters Frank Bough, Francis Wilson, Bob Wilson, Jeremy Paxman and Sally Magnusson in the eighties

The latter, however capable they really were, tended to be patronised and treated like airheads by the thrusting young Turks then running the newsrooms. This was why, when I started in TV, as a sports-mad, relatively prudish single woman from a no-nonsense, God-fearing family, I had deliberately portrayed myself as straight-laced and head-girlish.

In the late Eighties and early Nineties, attitudes to women seemed to be changing rapidly, but yes, there were superstar 'dinosaurs' like Savile (whose paedophile tastes I was unaware of) and for some, John Peel in particular, it seemed a matter of pride to sleep with as many willing and naive girls and women as they could get their hands on.

An older, established presenter at the BBC was known for groping women he considered less than his equals.

I believe that it is important not to demonise the BBC root and branch, by equating the horrors of Savile's criminal and manipulative targeting of young, vulnerable children over 40 years, with the sort of low-level, undignified harassment suffered by professional women such as Kershaw, O'Reilly and me. There is no comparison between the two.

Despite the humiliation and annoyance of our treatment, we adults were essentially capable of looking after ourselves.

When the hysteria has died down and the requisite number of broadcasting mandarins have fallen on their swords, the furore should, with luck, ensure that throughout the media, there is no longer any room for either paedophilia or sexual harassment – however famous the perpetrator.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Ad5irPMS
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 28th October 2012 at 20:57.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Lisab (1st November 2012)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Radio Ulster: Text to station with an "alternative view on the Jimmy Savile story" which the presenter actually read out!
    Only 30 seconds, but an absolutely must-listen-to clip. You couldn't make it up. Priceless!!

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/tele...joke-0029786-1

Another BBC staffer gets sent off to re-education camp...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th October 2012), Kiforall (28th October 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012), mahalall (29th October 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (29th October 2012)

7. Link to Post #84
    Great Britain Avalon Member Kiforall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 times in 526 posts

Just had a thought when Jill Dando's name was mentioned.

Could her death be something to do with her about to go public?

Zoe x
    Experiencing pain and suffering is the gateway to joy and happiness.
    It's chronic pain that prevents the gateway opening.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiforall For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th October 2012), DevilPigeon (30th October 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

9. Link to Post #85
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

SCOTLAND YARD LAUNCH OPERATION YEWTREE, A FORMAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION INTO BBC DJ JIMMY SAVILE

Why call the investigation Yewtree?

Yewtrees are well known for their mystical association within Celtic and Druidic culture, but it's one legend from Scotland that is related to the yew that reads: -

“If a Clansman held in his left hand a piece of churchyard Yew, then as he confronted his enemy in battle to denounce him or threaten him, the enemy would hear nothing. All around would hear however, enabling the Clansman to swear afterwards that he gave clear warning of his intention and was thus not guilty of treachery.” (Wilks 1972).

Wilks, J.H., 1972 Trees of British Isles in History and Legend
    http://www.ancient-yew.org/mi.php/trees-in-mythology/79
    http://www.factmag.com/2012/10/19/sc...-jimmy-savile/

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahalall For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th October 2012), Ellisa (29th October 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Quote Radio Ulster: Text to station with an "alternative view on the Jimmy Savile story" which the presenter actually read out!
    Only 30 seconds, but an absolutely must-listen-to clip. You couldn't make it up. Priceless!!

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/tele...joke-0029786-1

Another BBC staffer gets sent off to re-education camp...
    I heard that joke in work last week, its doing the rounds on the mobiles !! with some others thats what happens there are always D--- heads who make jokes
    out of anything ...9/11 , 7/7 infact any disaster !!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Lisab (1st November 2012)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Definitely the best one hour sypnosis of the children trafficking, the involvement of the psychopaths in power and the role of the church of Scientology. So clear, succinct and easy to understand, corresponding to what I had read scattered everywhere.

This video should be part of a thread by itself and discussion on the linkings of organisations and people discussed. imo

Quote Posted by mahalall (here)
    The density of darkness is dissolved with equanimous awareness. Drip by drip, patient diligence will result in the light dissipating this darkness. But if we react with aversion ( as is a natural response to such abhorrent behaviour) we enslave ourselves to the ego of the controllers.

This is not a suggestion to hug a Satanist (although helpful such acts of compassion just get eaten up) just taking time to smile at the stupidity of humanity.

In understanding this peadophilic illness in humanities collective psyche a vision arose, a senior member of the church of Scientology was seen with a young boy.

This lead to this documentary, oh how to stop the games.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th October 2012), Kiforall (29th October 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012), mahalall (29th October 2012), math330 (1st November 2012)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

I put this post on another thread but it will be of use here as well.
    The more I look into the legal system and it's members it becomes obvious who are 2nd tier puppeteers.
    I'm going through QC's who look to e doing a lot of private handshaking.

Judge Dame Janet Smith who will be leading the BBC case is treasurer to the Honorable Society of Lincolns
    Inn. She led an investigation into the abuse of autistic children in Lancaster. I cannot find any news that reports the outcome.

This place is weird. It has a library with ancient manuscripts. It's own chapel. Get on the site and look at the list of benchers!

A lot of members are in some way related to Unilever and some can easily be traced back to Jesuits and the society of Jesus.
    A lot have been educated at Jesus college Oxford.

Lincoln's Inn is related to Harvard's Phi Delta Phi.

Ronan Keane QC who was Chief Justice of Ireland is another name on the benders list.( my phone keeps wanting to put bender instead of benches, must be for a reason)
    He was chief justice of Ireland and led the tribunal into the Stardust Fire 1981, which found the owners legally exonerated as the fire was found to be arson.
    There was a second enquiry which said there was no evidence of arson.
    One family received the enormous amount of £7500 for each of her daughter's killed in the fire. The club hadn't been inspected by the fire department so the fire brigade were unaware of the location of fire exits and fire extinguisher's etc. The roof had been lined with floor tiles which were not allowed due to the fire risk.

The owners were let off and now have a business park on the land.
    Keane was a student at:

The Trinity college in Dublin, which was formally The College of the Holy and undivided trinity Queen Elizabeth.

This has ancient manuscripts The Book of Kells, The four Gospels and original New Testament.

Another name is Lord Lester of Herne Hill he is a member of The American philosophical society. They have lotscof manuscripts.
    1st edition Newton Pricipia and Darwin's origin of a species. Benjamin Franklin's paperwork and American Indian texts etc.
    The Web is huge and it all must be related.

Some more names listed on the Lincolns Inn are, Tony Blair, Cherie Booth, Thatcher. Lord Cameron of Lochbroom
    who looks to have been dead for a loooong time. John Knox is another oddly given name.
    The Duke of York who has been mentioned in the abuse claims and Duke of Kent are on the top of the list.

Sorry there are no links I was whizzing through last night taking notes and before I knew it was totally lost.

I have sent the info to UK Column. They probably know already it's so bloody obvious. The Whole System is crooked beyond belief.

Zoe x

I

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Another name is Sir Jeremiah Harman he's seems a nice character.......

http://bankruptcyandinsolvency.blogs...rman-some.html

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kiforall For This Post:

avid (31st October 2012), Cidersomerset (1st November 2012), Flash (30th October 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012), mahalall (31st October 2012), math330 (1st November 2012)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Nelson Mandela is on the list of benchers with a QC after his name, I can't find anywhere where he studied Law.
    I didn't know he had royal African lineage.

Queens Counsel (QC)
    The history of QC is interesting. In the 1830's the QC was restricted to only represent the Queen, if they were asked to work for the defence they had to be issued a license and have a junior barrister overseeing them. They couldn't be trusted to uphold a civil law then. We are under the Queens Law, the Queens law allows people who follow the Common Purpose and are a use to the Common Purpose, to maintain their Status in the community without loosing face.

It looks like the top QC's have a proven track record in cases that are high profile and suddenly disappear by the now obviously contolled media.

Ronan Keanes wife Terry Kearne's son was found dead in his Dublin flat. Terry, his wife had been having a 27yr affair with Charles Haughney who was Irish Prime minister when Qc Keane was chief justice of Ireland.
    They're all screwed up!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2004...ishing.uknews1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2004...ishing.uknews1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Counsel

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiforall For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st November 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 times in 256 posts

I grew up in north Leeds in the sixties when Jimmy Saville was making his name ligthing cigars with a five pound note. Everybody knew what kind of person he was. Hard, cruel and completely ruthless. And everybody knew about his habits with the girls- particularly the hole-in-the-heart girl (a big scandal at the time). Also he picked his victims carefully (girls from childrens homes, and hospital patients) so he knew what he was doing. However, mostly he protected himself so well by creating the illusion of being a caring person who ''did so much for charity", so even though the authorities undoubtedly knew about his sexual proclivities, no-one had the balls to challenge him. And if they had, he would have steamrollered them for sure.
    However, I would balance all this with one note of realism. This was the sixties. Many girls frequently had sex before the age of 16, and many would have sought out Saville as a prized scalp. So even though sex with a 14 year old may be statutory rape, its not wuite the same when this 14 year old turns up at your dressing room in a micro-mini skirt with no knickers on!!
    One lasting memory I have of him is an interview with him in his heyday when the frankly stated to the interviewer that he hated children. he said, I think that's why I work with them so well, because I can't stand them actually.
    Oh and by the way, LGI is not ''Jimmy's" this refers to the largest hospital in Leeds, St. James's and it was named Jimmy's long before Saville entered the scene, in deference to the other St. Jimmy.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bram For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st November 2012)

21. Link to Post #91
    UK Avalon Member angelahedgehog's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesn't this smack of something ritualistic? Gold coffin? 45 degree angle? What do you think?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ree-angle.html

I haven't been able to shake the feeling that this exercise in 'smearing' his name is somehow linked to his soul getting some sort of long term recognition in some kind of afterlife ... Or some kind of a "sacrifice" ... You know how a person like Mother Theresa would perform after death miracles before beatification (sainthood). That image of the dark evil creature above the children's NHS beds during the Olympic opening ceremony could just as we'll have been creepy Jim.

Maybe I'm just being melodramatic. I hope that this unexpectedly opened a much larger can of worms. It would be cathartic for a few more disgusting lying, charity working, cheats to be exposed.

Oh an on the subject of his charities .... Whatever money is there should be given back to the donors and what remains to go onto the victims, though personally I wouldn't want anything that has the energy imprint of that vile, disgusting, rat.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to angelahedgehog For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st November 2012)

23. Link to Post #92
    UK Avalon Member angelahedgehog's Avatar
    Thanks

"Nelson Mandela is on the list of benchers with a QC after his name, I can't find anywhere where he studied Law.
    I didn't know he had royal African lineage."

He studied law via a correspondence course through the university of London while on Robben Island.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...obel_laureates

Where were you looking? Curious why you'd say that ....

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelahedgehog For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st November 2012), learninglight (1st November 2012)

25. Link to Post #93
    England Avalon Member learninglight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 times in 315 posts

FYI

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...x-scandal.html

Lots of info here, blows this whole affair wide open imo : http://www.aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk/...1_archive.html

Sharon

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to learninglight For This Post:

avid (1st November 2012), Cidersomerset (1st November 2012), Kiforall (1st November 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012), mahalall (1st November 2012)

27. Link to Post #94
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

Several decades ago, Sir Cyril Smith, the former Liberal Party member of parliament for Rochdale, reportedly informed the authorities about Jimmy Savile's high level pedophile ring (1)

Such abuse occurring in the mill towns in England brings to mind William Blake's poem Jerusalem with reference to Satanic Mills
    Jerusalem, England's informal national anthem seen as a hymn of protest of the injustice within the Country and to some known as an evocation of ancient druidic culture (2) Known in Arabic, Jerusalem is most commonly known as القُدس, transliterated as al-Quds and meaning "The Holy" or "The Holy Sanctuary (3)

"And did those feet in ancient time
    Walk upon England's mountains green?
    And was the holy Lamb of God
    On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
    Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
    And was Jerusalem builded here
    Among these dark satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
    Bring me my arrows of desire!
    Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
    Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,
    Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
    Till we have built Jerusalem
    In England's green and pleasant land" (4)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=4yIWB...eature=related

Makes one wonder? if the full extent of the depth of Saville's abuse ring is not exposed what type of holy land is being creating?

(1) http://www.aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk/...1_archive.html
    (2) https://youtube.com/watch?v=i6G0yoLfLlE
    (3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem
    (4) http://www.famousliteraryworks.com/blake_jerusalem.htm

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mahalall For This Post:

avid (1st November 2012), Cidersomerset (1st November 2012), Kiforall (1st November 2012), learninglight (1st November 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Quote Posted by learninglight (here)
    FYI

Lots of info here, blows this whole affair wide open imo : http://www.aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk/...1_archive.html

Sharon
    The problem I have is I don't believe we have independent QC's the Queen Counsel is exactly as it says.
    Until the law is upheld following the constitution, where humanity out ways the immoral path of Common purpose, I don't think the truth will be truly disclosed.

The big question is who can we trust to represent us?

Zoe x

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiforall For This Post:

avid (1st November 2012), Cidersomerset (1st November 2012), learninglight (1st November 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Quote A lot of members are in some way related to Unilever and some can easily be traced back to Jesuits and the society of Jesus.
    A lot have been educated at Jesus college Oxford.
    I have been on the William Dean Garner w/Kerry Cassidy Interview and that has alot about how the Jesuits running the world.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...582#post577582

Also I have wondered for years how a high proportion of our polititions are ex Lawyers ? and the Robert Green/Holly Greig case
    highlited something very wrong with the scottish legal system .

Quote Nelson Mandela is on the list of benchers with a QC after his name, I can't find anywhere where he studied Law.
    I didn't know he had royal African lineage.
    It seems he was made a honorary QC in 2000, not sure why. Other than he studied
    alot in prison , maybe law related?

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 1st November 2012 at 15:39.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

learninglight (1st November 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

33. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

Quote I would balance all this with one note of realism. This was the sixties. Many girls frequently had sex before the age of 16, and many would have sought out Saville as a prized scalp. So even though sex with a 14 year old may be statutory rape, its not wuite the same when this 14 year old turns up at your dressing room in a micro-mini skirt with no knickers on!!
    Hi Bram this is somthing i thought about when you see film of all those screaming young girls and boys caught up in the hype of the Pop scene when sexually you
    are vulnerable, with hormones ,peer pressure and confusion flying all over the place. At the end of the day Saville and others were middle aged men and knew exactly
    what they were doing. Exploiting young vulnerable adults/minors/children for sexual satifaction ! Even if a any were willing , they were still victims.

The culture was confusing as I was growing up, the bawdy Carry on films , The Confession films and the one that sticks in my mind was 'Stardust' with David Essex
    I was in my early teens and saw it in the cinema with my mates.We said at the end concerning the drugs aspect this must be rife and if you think of the stories
    of Elton john, David Bowie, Rod stewart , The Who ,Rolling Stones Beatles and all the others then you see how some this could be camoflaged in the media.

It seems this has been rife in the elites for thousands of years , so I'm not saying pop culture is to blame, it just deflected it away from the real culprits imo..
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 1st November 2012 at 16:31.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

learninglight (1st November 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

35. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

Thanks Learninglight worth highliting the article I think !!

Jimmy Savile: Secret of BBC’s first sex scandal
    Top disc jockeys and executives at the BBC were caught up in a sex scandal more than 40 years ago.

By Robert Mendick, and Laura Donnelly
    9:00PM BST 20 Oct 2012

It was a sex scandal that engulfed the BBC and epitomised the “swinging” times.

More than 40 years ago, the corporation’s top disc jockeys and executives were caught up in the most tawdry of allegations — that in return for playing their records, music companies hired prostitutes for them.

Orgies were arranged involving BBC staff, call girls and others at the house of a brothel-keeper in Kensington in west London. From behind a two-way mirror, other executives and celebrities looked on.

Prostitutes were also provided at hotels and other locations in the West End.

The claims, dating back to 1971, shocked the public, and the police launched an investigation into what became known as the “payola” scandal.

The word is derived from the Victrola, an early brand of phonograph, and has been used in America since the early days of radio in the 1920s to describe payments or favours offered by music promoters in return for airtime.

The BBC launched an independent inquiry led by a QC.

The conclusions of that inquiry have remained locked away for four decades.

However, The Telegraph can disclose that Jimmy Savile was questioned by a legal team over the allegations but refused to co-operate.

He even made fun of the solicitor, according to a senior BBC source, prompting a complaint to BBC bosses that was seemingly ignored.

It was a time when pressure was growing on Savile, already one of the BBC’s biggest stars.

Top of the Pops, which he hosted, was the subject of a separate but related police inquiry in 1971, led by the same detectives, into claims that a 15-year-old dancer on the programme had been “used” by disc jockeys and other celebrities.

The girl, Clair McAlpine, subsequently committed suicide. She had named Savile in her diary as one of those abusers, according to her family.

The payola scandal was just what Savile would not have needed. The BBC inquiry was led by Brian Neill, a brilliant young QC, with interviews conducted by James Crocker, an outside solicitor.

The Neill report has never been made public, and it is not known whether Savile was named in its final written version, but a source said: “Savile was one of a number of DJs asked about the payola scandal. Savile came before Crocker but just made fun of him.

“He sent Crocker up, and Crocker complained bitterly to the BBC. He went to the head of the BBC’s legal team, Richard Marshall, who had set up the inquiry, but there was nothing he could do about it. This all remained private within the BBC.”

The suggestion that Savile was under investigation — although nothing was ever proven — raises difficult questions for the BBC. It will inevitably prompt further concerns that the behaviour of Savile and other executives and DJs was allowed to continue unfettered and effectively covered up.

It had long been rumoured that Savile, who at the time was in his mid-40s, was taking advantage of under age girls on the Top of the Pops set and elsewhere. But he was also one of the BBC’s biggest draws.

The Metropolitan Police have launched a fresh criminal inquiry into claims that Savile raped and assaulted women and under age girls at a series of locations including BBC changing rooms, hospitals and children’s homes.

But in an email to staff two weeks ago, George Entwistle, the director-general, insisted that having carried out “a thorough search of our written records … crucially and regrettably, it appears no complaints were made at the time — and we have found nothing at this stage to suggest any known wrongdoing was ignored by management.”

The payola scandal blew up in the BBC’s face after an undercover exposé by the News of the World in February 1971. Clair McAlpine committed suicide three months later.

BBC executives and disc jockeys were accused by the News of the World of rigging the pop charts in return for sexual favours, cash and free holidays from record firms.

The result was a widespread police investigation and charges two years later against a number of people, among them a record company executive, a BBC producer, a theatrical agent and several record promoters.

The pop singer Dorothy Squires, who had once been married to Sir Roger Moore, was also arrested after her songs began inexplicably to gain airplay on Radio 1. The case against her was subsequently dropped.

Janie Jones, a singer who ran sex parties at her home in Kensington, was jailed for three years in 1974 after becoming snared in the scandal.

She was found guilty of controlling prostitutes and trying to pervert the course of justice. After being tracked down by The Telegraph, Miss Jones told how she was summoned to meet Savile on her release in 1977.

It was a bizarre encounter in which Savile accused her of siding with Myra Hindley, whose release she campaigned for after meeting the killer in jail, while expressing his own desire to have sex with under age girls.

Savile, according to Miss Jones, was an apparently keen supporter of Ian Brady, Hindley’s accomplice in the Moors murders.

Miss Jones, now 75, said: “Savile just kept saying that he could not understand why people went on about 13-year-old girls because they were 'gagging’ for it. I told him that anybody who wants to go with a 13-year-old is a paedophile.

"Then he was bragging that he had met Ian Brady. He said it was disgraceful that I was siding with Hindley against Brady. At the time he was doing Jim’ll Fix It, but he was interested in 13-year-olds.”

Savile was intrigued, Jones says, by her parties at which women — she insists they were always over the age of consent — had dressed as schoolgirls. She insisted that Savile had never been to her parties but that other disc jockeys had.

The BBC has now launched a new investigation into the DJ, headed by an independent judge. It will look at claims that young girls were raped or assaulted on BBC premises and what the corporation knew at the time.

A BBC spokesman said last week: “Following a series of allegations against the BBC and Top Of The Pops in the 1970s, the BBC commissioned Brian Neill QC to carry out an independent investigation.”

The spokesman was unable to say whether the report was ever made public or whether Savile was interviewed for the inquiry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote The problem I have is I don't believe we have independent QC's the Queen Counsel is exactly as it says.
    Until the law is upheld following the constitution, where humanity out ways the immoral path of Common purpose, I don't think the truth will be truly disclosed.

Zoe x
    I agree they are all mainly from the same social class, and it would not
    surprise me if they are from the same blood lines . Like all the US Presidents bar
    one being related to the British royal family...LOL..
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 1st November 2012 at 16:13.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (1st November 2012), learninglight (1st November 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

This was on David Ickes site yesterday...The story is from mondays Guardian...

Jimmy Savile, who is said to have acted as a kind of marriage counsellor between Prince Charles and Diana. Photograph: Gary Calton for the Observer

A former senior royal aide has revealed that Jimmy Savile's behaviour when he visited Prince Charles's official home at St James' Palace was a cause for "concern and suspicion".

Dickie Arbiter, who handled media relations for the Prince and Princess of Wales while spokesman for the Queen between 1988 and 2000, said the suspected paedophile TV presenter used to rub his lips up the arms of Prince Charles's young female assistants as a greeting.

Savile is understood to have visited Prince Charles's official London residence several times in the late 1980s when he was acting as a kind of marriage counsellor between Charles and Princess Diana. A spokesman for the Prince of Wales confirmed the prince and Savile formed a relationship in the late 1970s after coming together through their work with wheelchair sports charities. Charles led tributes to Savile when he died a year ago.

"He would walk into the office and do the rounds of the young ladies taking their hands and rubbing his lips all the way up their arms if they were wearing short sleeves," Arbiter said of Savile. "If it was summer [and their arms were bare] his bottom lip would curl out and he would run it up their arms. This was at St James's Palace. The women were in their mid to late 20s doing typing and secretarial work."

Arbiter did not raise his concerns formally and there is no suggestion Savile committed any crimes while on royal premises or when he was with Prince Charles on numerous occasions from the 1970s onwards. But the concern over his behaviour expressed by a senior aide will raise questions over how Savile, who is now under investigation in relation to child abuse involving 300 potential victims, managed to develop such a long-standing relationship with the heir to the throne.

Asked about Savile's behaviour with the royal assistants or whether Prince Charles had taken any action to find out if anyone in his family or staff might have suffered any abuse or have any information relating to the criminal investigation into Savile's alleged paedophilia, a spokesman for the prince said: "We have no record of anyone making a complaint."

"The prince first met Savile through their shared interest in supporting disability charities [the prince became patron of the British Wheelchair Sports Foundation in the late 1970s] and it was primarily because of this connection that they maintained a relationship in the years that followed," the spokesman said.

Arbiter said he thought the women might have thought Savile's greeting was "rather funny", but he said it was a cause for concern and he struggled to understand why Savile was granted such access to the royal family.

"I looked at him as a court jester and told him so," said Arbiter. "I remember calling him an old reprobate and he said 'not so much of the old'."

Concern about Savile's behaviour at the palace emerged as Sir Roger Jones, former chairman of the BBC's corporate charity Children In Need, said he had been so uncomfortable about Savile that he did not allow him to have any association with the cause. Jones, a BBC governor from 1997 to 2002, said he had "no evidence" that Savile was up to anything but "we all recognised he was a pretty creepy sort of character".

"When I was with Children In Need, we took the decision that we didn't want him anywhere near to the charity," he told the BBC.

Prince Charles met Savile on numerous occasions. In 1999 he accepted an invitation to a private meal at Savile's Glencoe home which was this week daubed with graffiti reading "Jimmy the beast". Savile asked three local women to dress up in pinafores emblazoned with the letters HRH and Charles subsequently sent the television presenter a Christmas card with the note: "Jimmy, with affectionate greetings from Charles. Give my love to your ladies in Scotland."

Charles reportedly sent him a box of cigars and a pair of gold cufflinks on his 80th birthday with a note that read: "Nobody will ever know what you have done for this country Jimmy. This is to go some way in thanking you for that."

Savile used to boast of his royal connections, made sure to be photographed with Charles on numerous occasions and ingratiated himself once telling the Daily Mail the prince was "the nicest man you will ever meet".

"Royalty are surrounded by people who don't know how to deal with it," Savile said in an interview. "I have a freshness of approach which they obviously find to their liking. I think I get invited because I have a natural, good fun way of going on and we have a laugh. They don't get too many laughs."

The day after the meal in Glencoe Savile persuaded Charles to join him for a photo opportunity at his local post office where he went to pick up his pension money.

"The post office photo opportunity was definitely [down to] him [Savile]," said Coleen Harris, Prince Charles's press secretary. "You always think that other people are getting more out of these things [than the prince] but on the whole it is for a good reason, for the charities and it is a positive thing."

She added: "Personally I always thought he was slightly eccentric, but beyond that I had no idea. He was a slightly odd bloke, but not in a cruel way."

Arbiter said that despite Savile's unusual behaviour with the royal administrative staff there was no evidence of any other cause for suspicion.

"There was a limit to what he could get away with in the royal household," he said.

He also said palace advisers felt the prince's charities might benefit from a connection with Savile, at the time one of the country's most famous TV stars.

Perhaps Savile's most unlikely role was that of personal counsel to Prince Charles in the late 1980s at a time when the royal family was in deep trouble. The marriages of Charles and Diana and Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson were disintegrating. Around new year 1990 Charles asked Savile to help the Duchess of York with what Savile later said was keeping her profile down.

Princess Diana was recorded telling James Gilbey on the so-called "squidgygate tape": "Jimmy Savile rang me up yesterday, and he said: 'I'm just ringing up, my girl, to tell you that His Nibs [Prince Charles] has asked me to come and help out the redhead [the Duchess of York], and I'm just letting you know, so that you don't find out through her or him; and I hope it's all right by you.'"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...prince-charles

Arbitors quote...We have heard this before in a earlier # post

Quote "I looked at him as a court jester and told him so," said Arbiter. "I remember calling him an old reprobate and he said 'not so much of the old'."
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 1st November 2012 at 16:25.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (1st November 2012), learninglight (1st November 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

39. Link to Post #100
    England Avalon Member learninglight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 times in 315 posts

Quote Posted by Kiforall (here)
    Quote Posted by learninglight (here)
    FYI

Sharon
    The problem I have is I don't believe we have independent QC's the Queen Counsel is exactly as it says.

Zoe x
    Agree totally but til then we get as much of this out there as possible, it's the only way imo

I can't spend much time on line as connection on campsite ****e but i will contribute as much as possible

Cidersomerset

i take my hat off to you for starting this thread and keeping it up to date

Sharon

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to learninglight For This Post:

avid (1st November 2012), Cidersomerset (1st November 2012), Lisab (1st November 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1 5 15 55 95 LastLast