+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idiocracy

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Default Idiocracy

A few weeks back, my wife and I stumbled across this movie called "Idiocracy". After just a little while of watching it, it became very evident that this is one of those films that is basically shoving in our faces what has already been done, and what still is being done to us, by telling a little story. It was rather entertaining, like a combination of Orwell's "1984", and "Beavis and Butthead". Ever since then, whenever I see the media and political clowns on t.v. being worshipped as brilliant minds that we should follow, I think damn, we are truly living in the future land of "Idiocracy". Here's the trailer:

So anyway, what inspired me to bring that up, was hearing about this new moveon.org ad on Alex Jones today. At first watch I thought it was a just a cute little spoof ad with potty mouther seniors, but if you follow the link at the end, you are invited to join forces with your local branch of moveon.org.

So then realizing it was actually a serious ad, I watched it again with different eyes. And what do you think came to mind this viewing? You guessed it, "Idiocracy". Are "we" really getting this dumbed down? Really???(LOL)

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,798 times in 2,657 posts

Default Re: Idiocracy

i saw this movie quite a while back and all i can say is that it is a fair representation of how i see the world. too many chiefs, not enough indians, and a whole lotta b.s. thanks Fred.
    warmest, corson

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Bluegreen (15th June 2021), Flash (1st November 2012), Fred Steeves (1st November 2012), GCS1103 (1st November 2012), nurgle (1st November 2012), Star Tsar (1st November 2012), WhiteFeather (1st November 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,693 times in 8,940 posts

I truly enjoyed that movie a while ago, I thought is was quite near reality (sadly)

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

crosby (1st November 2012), Fred Steeves (1st November 2012), GCS1103 (1st November 2012), nurgle (1st November 2012), WhiteFeather (1st November 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Do you even know what electrolytes are?!

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member GCS1103's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 times in 585 posts

You're so right, Fred, about the movie. As to George Soros, his mouthpiece Michael Moore, and his moveon.org group - I think these ads are outrageous, vile and utterly contemptible. I'm finding it hard to believe that the "creators" of these ads thought they would actually influence anyone's vote. Just like you, I thought they were some kind of a joke. It's more insulting that they're for real.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Post:

crosby (1st November 2012), EsmaEverheart (2nd November 2012), Fred Steeves (1st November 2012), kathymarie (2nd November 2012), modwiz (2nd November 2012), WhiteFeather (1st November 2012)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

Idiocracy is one of my all time favorite movies.

It'd quite depressing to see so much in real life that reminds me of the film. When visiting the supermarket at the small town where I grew up, I see many families whose interactions and mindset is simply not conductive to a better world, and they pass it on to their kids. Some of those kids may grow up to change their mindset...but many wont. That kind of cultural miasma is more significant than genetic IQ even.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Bluegreen (15th June 2021), crosby (1st November 2012), Fred Steeves (1st November 2012), GCS1103 (1st November 2012), lookbeyond (2nd November 2012), Referee (1st November 2012), WhiteFeather (1st November 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)
    Is this ad for real? If so, wow. Just wow.

Idiocracy is a classic. And also prophetic. It is one of those movies I like to watch again and again, both laughing and crying. This movie is gallows humor at its best.

The only issue I take with this movie is the premise of why we as a species are moving in this direction. It subtly advances a Malthusian/eugenic argument (see the first five minutes of the movie). To the filmmakers: no, we don't need to sterilize certain people of the population or control or forbid breeding, or even more sinister, liquidate those with low IQs... we need to eliminate fluoride from the diet, aspartame, GMOs, vaccinations, processed foods, and a whole host of neurotoxins in our food, water, and air. We need to take our education back from the elitist authorities whose deliberately-dumbing down objective is to create a subservient class of operant-conditioned, and trained animals.
    Last edited by T Smith; 1st November 2012 at 23:07.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Fred Steeves (1st November 2012), GCS1103 (1st November 2012), Heartsong (1st November 2012), modwiz (2nd November 2012), PurpleLama (2nd November 2012)

13. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

But Gatorade has electrolytes!!!!!!!!

That movie was hilarious. ........ and sad.
    Hi, I will look you directly in your eyes and tell you wholeheartedly that I love you.

Will you run, or reciprocate?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DeBron For This Post:

T Smith (2nd November 2012)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Idiocracy is the most blackest of black comedies from mike judge, creator of beavis and butthead, office space.
    when the distributor (fox) got a gander, they shut down production (some cgi was never completed),
    rushed into theaters and then dumped it into dvd.

the first half hour is pure genius.
    the first 5 minutes is sad, but true.

16. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,031 times in 1,347 posts

I might have known that there would have been a thread about this film, you guys were on it! Not having been to the cinema for a very long time, it passed me by.

It's only come to my attention through the YT channel Mind Unveiled. They focus in their channel on Tartaria, but even if that topic doesn't appeal to you, that's not the focus of the analysis in this video. It's about the film's message with some interesting discussion on how Fox seemed to sabotage its release.

Seeing as I grew up with an older generation who were born at the end of the 19th century and knowing their skills, mindset and common sense, the scenario of the future in Idiocracy seems to be approaching at a frighteningly rapid pace.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bluegreen (15th June 2021), mountain_jim (15th June 2021)

18. Link to Post #11
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

Watch Idiocracy and WALL-E back to back - sums up where one of the major timelines is heading !
    Hopefully not the one or one of the ones that I seem to lurch between !

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bluegreen (15th June 2021), Brigantia (15th June 2021), mountain_jim (15th June 2021)

20. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,209 times in 10,116 posts

Get the popcorn

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    Hanh Mai

Idiocracy (2006) Full Movie w/ Luke Wilson, Maya Rudolph, Dax Shepard

Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes five centuries in the future and discovers a society so incredibly dumbed down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

(1:34:59)
    . . . . . .

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Brigantia (15th June 2021), mountain_jim (15th June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread