+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 148 FirstFirst 1 10 20 60 110 148 LastLast

Thread: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

1. Link to Post #181
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

Thank you TH! Your experiences and knowledge are very inspiring. I have spoken to some "healers" on the subject of OBEs and "they" have always steared me away from that by claiming that you have to have 'special gifts' to do it. So imagine my surprise when you so humbly explained the nature and motions of OBEs that I realized I am actually experiencing OBE!

The HS grounding exercise is absolutely wonderful and works like a charm!
    I have directed ppl to this thread because its full of information. Thank you.

I have a question. Is "life between lives" regression a form of OBE?

Thank you,
    Aleksandra

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OOO For This Post:

AwakeInADream (5th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (7th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), lookbeyond (6th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013), TraineeHuman (5th January 2013)

3. Link to Post #182
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 times in 540 posts

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    Does that answer all of those questions enough, AwakeInADream?
    Yes! Thank's TH!
    That more than satisfies my curiosity! Fascinating stuff!

I'm still wondering about the Moon though, since Jake said he couldn't get there as a voice warned him off.
    Have you noticed anything unusual about the Moon?
    Like, are there psychically protected human/ET bases there?
    Also, is it possible that by raising your vibrations high enough up through the D's that that you could bypass the psychic barriers put up by lower entities?

I mean, it wouldn't be snooping if it were in the interest of humanity at large, to reveal if something untoward were going on up there, would it?
    (or on Earth for that matter)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Caren (8th January 2013), Deneon (6th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), lookbeyond (6th January 2013), TraineeHuman (5th January 2013)

5. Link to Post #183
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Quote Posted by AwakeInADream (here)
    ... I'm still wondering about the Moon though, since Jake said he couldn't get there as a voice warned him off.
    Have you noticed anything unusual about the Moon?
    Like, are there psychically protected human/ET bases there?
    Also, is it possible that by raising your vibrations high enough up through the D's that that you could bypass the psychic barriers put up by lower entities?

I mean, it wouldn't be snooping if it were in the interest of humanity at large, to reveal if something untoward were going on up there, would it?
    (or on Earth for that matter)
    I've been to the moon but the only thing I noticed was that there was something like slavery there, but the slaves weren't human, but some other apparently intelligent species. The slave-masters weren't human either. There seemed to be a mixture of types of beings there, and the rest -- apart from the slave-masters -- seemed benevolent or OK actually. I don't know whether there are any human bases there at present, though there have been not long ago. But I am aware that quite a lot of ET "interference" is actually ET races ensuring that there won't be a major nuclear war or other such things that would kill off most or all of the population. That includes protecting the planet from solar flares, asteroids etc if such would be sufficiently harmful. But I don't think Kettler's claims are true either.

Of course it's possible to bypass psychic barriers by going to higher Ds. By the time you get to 6D there are no barriers as we think of them. However, being able from such a vantagepoint to view what's in 3D is a skill that I haven't developed. This question reminds me of how some people go to clairvoyants for a reading and they start by demanding that the clairvoyant tell them what all their questions are in advance. They don't realise that with the amount of effort it would take the clairvoyant to do that accurately, the clairvoyant may be too drained to be able to get accurate answers. (Not that I'd deny that close to 90% of so-called professional clairvoyants are frauds in the sense that they haven't developed their skills to be accurate most of the time.)

Just because somebody develops some psychic skill in some way, that doesn't mean they've developed all their skills in all ways. I guess partly there's some transferability, rather like if you become fluent at playing one musical instrument it will take you much less time to become fluent at playing another. But there are so many different psychic skills, and they all take hard work to hone, and practice to keep them sharpened.

I don't have the accuracy to say for sure if something very untoward is happening on the moon that affects our planet. I guess I'm just not strongly motivated to do the very hard work to sharpen my skills in that area, and I may not have the natural talent for that particular skill anyway.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 5th January 2013 at 22:59.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (5th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (6th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), KiwiElf (5th January 2013), lookbeyond (6th January 2013), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (6th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

7. Link to Post #184
    Thanks

Quote Posted by OOO (here)
    ... I have spoken to some "healers" on the subject of OBEs and "they" have always steared me away from that by claiming that you have to have 'special gifts' to do it. So imagine my surprise when you so humbly explained the nature and motions of OBEs that I realized I am actually experiencing OBE!

I have a question. Is "life between lives" regression a form of OBE?

Thank you,
    Aleksandra
    To respond to this question, let’s do a little unpacking of the general concept of “OB experience”.

Firstly, the term “OB” (along with similar terms) is used to refer to higher-dimensional experience where the individual is in some sense directly aware of having the experience.

On the other hand, traditional astral travel involves, at least initially, merging with that clattering, buzzy, shaky energy field that is your astral 4D body. But what is the latter, exactly? Well, it’s what I call the personality, or the ego, or maybe the psyche. I use those terms pretty much interchangeability. It’s made out of accumulated electricity (the 3D/4D “body” of all thoughts) and accumulated magnetism (the 3D/4D “body” of emotions). And that’s all it’s made of. When you die, it disconnects from you, much like your physical body does. Personally, if I can avoid it I prefer to wait for the express train rather than jumping into that old clattering, twisted, rattling energy field. In fact, as I say, I prefer to experience phenomena in higher Ds where no vehicle is required.

So, Aleksandra, if you or I are carrying out psychic healing on somebody across the world or across the street, if we see or feel images or whatever in our minds, and it turns out those images are accurate and do apply to whoever we’re healing, then yes, we’re consciously experiencing some OB scenery. At the same time we’ll probably be experiencing some sensations or whatever in our physical body. But what I believe the shaky-body travelers don’t seem to appreciate unless they’re very experienced is, while they’re traveling they’re also experiencing sensations from their physical body.

Turning now to life-between-life regression experiences, I guess these are experiences of certain memories. Those memories are of times when the individual was in effect in the same space as some level of OB because they didn't have a physical body at such a time. The interesting question is, can we recover such memories now without ourselves going OB now? As far as my experience goes, the answer to that is no. But maybe we could do it without realising we were OB at the time. I've directly observed people do that.

The trouble is, when people use the term "OB" they normally mean "consciously OB". Everybody goes almost to 6D every night while they are dreaming and in REM sleep, and to a higher D than that when they are in delta sleep every night. But they don't seem to be conscious of it at the time. Or are they? Do they just forget? These are questions I'm still pondering, at the moment.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (6th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), lookbeyond (6th January 2013), meeradas (6th January 2013), OOO (6th January 2013), psydney (19th August 2013), Reinhard (6th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

9. Link to Post #185
    Thanks

I did the Christos Experiment (post#10) over and over last night (for over an hour) and whilst I didn't 'see' anything,
    I did get the sense of what it felt like to inhabit all sorts of different bodies which was a great experience.
    (In one of these bodies I could feel the shape of my head was very different from the one I have now
    and I didn't seem to have much of a neck)
    AIAD, I suspect you would probably get further if you started by taking your time and getting really, really grounded, then fully relaxed. At night may not be the best time to do this exercise either, because your ego may exploit your body's tiredness to compromise how strongly you can concentrate. It would also be good if you can do the exercise without expectations, so that every time it would be fresh. You might need to vary some parts to make this happen. E.g., imagine standing outside your next door neighbour's door rather than your own, and so on.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), Deneon (6th January 2013), Eram (6th January 2013), Reinhard (6th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

11. Link to Post #186
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

every had your eyes closed but still you can see all around your bedroom at night ??
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), Deneon (7th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), TraineeHuman (6th January 2013)

13. Link to Post #187
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 times in 552 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    every had your eyes closed but still you can see all around your bedroom at night ??
    Hi Ghostrider, no, but often times i see a couple of very small black points which may or not go away

lb

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), Deneon (7th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013), TraineeHuman (6th January 2013)

15. Link to Post #188
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

I'm hopelessly behind in this thread.
    Trying to catch up...

I tried to learn going astral from about June till half October and then stopped with a sort of astral burn out.
    I tried too hard and found out that I lost the will to do it in the process.

Now I am slowly building up again.
    Trying whenever I feel like it, which is not often at the moment, also due to a busy daily life.

I have had some minor successes in those months of 'trying' in the summer though.
    One of the first days that I tried, in June.... I kept on repeating to myself... 'I am now out of body'.
    I fell asleep though, but I woke up immediately and found myself sitting up straight in my bed. It was too dark to see and I realised that I was out of my body with my upper part of the body. Then I swoopt back into my 3d body and woke up.
    Promising start eh?
    Well... after that, the blood sweat and tears came into the game and it brought me one new experience in September or close to that.

Then it was at daytime on my sofa.

I again, fell asleep (there is no sleeping pill like trying to go OB for me) and began dreaming of swimming in the ocean.
    I realised that I could not see the shore and I panicked a little bit.
    Immediately... an air mattress appeared in front of me and it felt to me that someone with great love for me put it there (I really sensed a loving entitiy that I could not see, but was there nonetheless). I began to wake up in the dream and remembered that I was trying to go astral. I immediately shouted that I was going to my higher self... felt a pull in the solar plexus or near there and started to spin into a tunnel of some sort.
    This sensation was too much for me and I woke up in 3D.
    Afterwards I believe that it was already my higher self that put the air mattress there and I didn't need to go anywhere. Ahh well... there will be a next time

Lately I am clearing my body of all sorts of toxins. Liver flushes, removal of amalgam fillings together with an homeopathic therapy to break the spirit of amalgam in me, chi machine etc. Also your generous visit in the astral world might have removed some blockage.
    When I do meditation or an attempt to go astral now, everything feels different.
    It feels like everything is easier now, but I have to get used to the new settings a bit.

The other night I tried to go astral and I felt like some people explain when on LSD (I never tried). There was a great sense of speed and there where lots of colours, shapes and forms. I was aware of the 3D body, so I don't kow how to interpret this exactly. It felt nice though.

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    The following comments of mine would be part of how I would suggest this dream can be interpreted.

Quote I found myself in a home. The home had several rooms. I was in the home because I was welcomed there. It was a large home that appeared to have only one floor.
    According to me, there are only a few dream symbols that have universal meanings. Home is one of them. A home = your mind.

Quote Strangely the next thing I knew I was driving an old, blue station wagon. I knew the car was given to me by this team.
    You’re making this dream easy to interpret. One of the very few other universal dream symbols I recognize is that of a vehicle. A vehicle always stands for the course of your life.
    about dreams and interpreting them.
    Maybe you (TH) know what these might mean:

For as long as 20 years minimum, I dream a good percentage of my dreams being in a house. Mostly my house, or my grandparents. But it is always a house that feels like I am staying there, not as a guest, but as a resident.
    There are 2 things that are always present in those dreams.
    1) In the course of the dream, I discover new rooms that I wasn't aware of. This always feels kind of exciting and in the dream I start planning how to make use of the extra space.
    2) There are always people intruding in my private space in those dreams.
    -rooms that suddenly connect to rooms of neighbours that walk in freely
    -people that just barge in my house with an attitude that they have every right to do so, leaving me unsure what my rights are.
    -rooms that where mine before in the dream, now suddenly belong to someone else, who made claim with furniture etc. of his.

Quote Strangely the next thing I knew I was driving an old, blue station wagon. I knew the car was given to me by this team.
    You’re making this dream easy to interpret. One of the very few other universal dream symbols I recognize is that of a vehicle. A vehicle always stands for the course of your life.
    For as long as 20 yeas also, I have dreams about flying in air planes which are about to crash down, or I dream about being in a neighbourhood where planes start crashing down.
    I had lots and lots of those dreams when I started to learn to go astral.
    After such a dream, I wake up, feeling very connected with my emotions, feelings and loved ones.
    It seems that these dreams are about grounding wouldn't you say? And that my attempts to go astral are leading my to more of these dreams, because I need to get more grounded in order to master this astral thing.
    Last edited by Eram; 6th January 2013 at 18:55.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), Deneon (7th January 2013), lookbeyond (7th January 2013), Reinhard (7th January 2013), Swan (6th January 2013), TraineeHuman (7th January 2013)

17. Link to Post #189
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    I tried to learn going astral from about June till half October and then stopped with a sort of astral burn out.
    I tried too hard and found out that I lost the will to do it in the process.

Now I am slowly building up again...

I began dreaming of swimming in the ocean. I realised that I could not see the shore and I panicked a little bit.
    For as long as 20 yeas also, I have dreams about flying in air planes which are about to crash down, or I dream about being in a neighbourhood where planes start crashing down.
    I had lots and lots of those dreams when I started to learn to go astral.
    After such a dream, I wake up, feeling very connected with my emotions, feelings and loved ones.
    It seems that these dreams are about grounding wouldn't you say?
    And that my attempts to go astral are leading my to more of these dreams, because I need to get more grounded in order to master this astral thing.
    Hi again, Wakytweaky. As far as I understand, dreaming of a plane that you are in, or that is yours, crashing means making a plane wreck of your life. Fortunately, your dreams have been about planes which are about to crash down but actually never do. That suggests to me that for 20 years you've had fears that you might be making a plane crash of your life, but it seems this has never happened, so far. Well, apart from when you had the dream that you swam so far out you nearly drowned.

What I also get is that recently, after 20 years, you're overcoming your fear of making a disaster of your life. I take it you had at least one parent who had very high standards and expected -- or should I say almost kind of demanded? -- that you meet those standards of success and achievement. Anyway, your dreams suggest you've been making a major breakthrough on overcoming fear in general. That's impressive, and congratulations. I don't know if grounding yourself necessarily had so much to do with it, or not on its own.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 7th January 2013 at 01:25.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (7th January 2013), Deneon (7th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (7th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

19. Link to Post #190
    United States Avalon Member trenairio's Avatar
    Thanks

[edit][edit][edit]
    Last edited by trenairio; 23rd May 2022 at 16:08.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trenairio For This Post:

AwakeInADream (7th January 2013), Deneon (7th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), Reinhard (7th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

21. Link to Post #191
    Thanks

One member has recently told me they and their family members have been experiencing what I would call mild psychic attack at nights. Psychic attack can happen sometimes. Proper protection and grounding should normally be enough to stop it. I’m still investigating this. But in the meanwhile, I would recommend saying something like the following at night before going to sleep. (This is framed in terms of “God”, but some – including probably myself – might prefer other terms.)

PROTECTION

I call on God and the light of God and the power of God to protect me and all the cells of my body in every way.

(Picture in your mind and heart that you, and the room you are in, are being put under protection now.)

HEALING

AFFIRMATION
    I stand in my own power and in the power of God. I claim full control of this body and this life, and I say to you, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, now that I know I have the full rights to this life and this body, and to enjoy and use my free will as I see fit. I do not agree to allow you to control or manipulate me or my body in any way, now or at any time. I do not permit you to interfere with this life or this body in any way, at any time.

I call on God and the light of God and the power of God to heal me and all the cells of my body against any curse or spell or voodoo that anyone or any being or entity may have placed on me, or tried to place on me, including _ _ _ _ _ _ _ by any of his names.

(Picture in your mind and heart that you are being healed of anything evil, and that it is losing its ability to have any effect on you.)

PROTECTION

I call on God and the light of God and the power of God, and on my guardian angels, to protect me and all the cells of my body in every way, now and all the time, and especially with regard to _ _ _ _ _ _ _

It’s also useful to sit down every day for a week, ground oneself, and deliberately say the paragraph headed AFFIRMATION.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (7th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (7th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), Joe Akulis (21st February 2013), lookbeyond (7th January 2013), Reinhard (7th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013), soleil (25th January 2013)

23. Link to Post #192
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    The other night I tried to go astral and I felt like some people explain when on LSD (I never tried). There was a great sense of speed and there where lots of colours, shapes and forms. I was aware of the 3D body, so I don't know how to interpret this exactly. It felt nice though.
    At the very least you were travelling fast and with confidence, and in a higher D than the fourth.

Quote For as long as 20 years minimum, I dream a good percentage of my dreams being in a house. Mostly my house, or my grandparents. But it is always a house that feels like I am staying there, not as a guest, but as a resident.
    There are 2 things that are always present in those dreams.
    1) In the course of the dream, I discover new rooms that I wasn't aware of. This always feels kind of exciting and in the dream I start planning how to make use of the extra space.
    2) There are always people intruding in my private space in those dreams.
    -rooms that suddenly connect to rooms of neighbours that walk in freely
    -people that just barge in my house with an attitude that they have every right to do so, leaving me unsure what my rights are.
    -rooms that where mine before in the dream, now suddenly belong to someone else, who made claim with furniture etc. of his.
    You keep discovering new "rooms" in your mind. Great. You keep expanding your horizons, and you never lose your curiosity.
    People just barge into your house, without respecting you. I think your dreams are saying you're too nice or polite a person. Sometimes you should probably be more willing to be tough. But they've been saying that for 20 years, and still you've evidently stayed too nice at times.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (7th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), Deneon (7th January 2013), Reinhard (7th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

25. Link to Post #193
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 times in 540 posts

Thank's for the above advice TraineeHuman!

Your right! I need to mix it up a little and I probably don't ground myself enough.

Can you give me a little more advice on grounding more fully, aside from the thumb on the belly button thing?

Like should I do the linking of the base Chakra to the centre of the Earth by a chord?

Are there any other grounding methods that I might not know about?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Deneon (7th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013)

27. Link to Post #194
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Thank's for the above advice TraineeHuman!

Your right! I need to mix it up a little and I probably don't ground myself enough.

Can you give me a little more advice on grounding more fully, aside from the thumb on the belly button thing?

Like should I do the linking of the base Chakra to the centre of the Earth by a chord?

Are there any other grounding methods that I might not know about?
    Hi AIAD,

If I may...

I must admit that I am a bit confused about what grounding precisely means in some situations, but stumbling and trying, through the years, I have found some exercises that bring me more in the 'here and now' and in connection with this reality.

One is to bring your attention to your hands and feet (hands works best for me). This enables you to come in direct contact with whatever you feel at that moment and pulls you in the here and now quite dramatically.
    It does wonders when you are talking with a person and you feel that you have difficulty to be there fully.
    You become aware of all that goes on.
    (This is an exercise that <8>, a member here on Avalon suggested to me)

Another one is to use your feelings and emotions as an entrance to be more grounded.
    I scan myself for the more gnawing and not so nice feelings and emotions that often dwell in the twilight of our consciousness and I make a choice to allow these emotions and feelings to be there. I don't have to do anything with them, just allow them to exist. I found out that trying not to feel these (like so many people do imo) and suppress them, makes me more un-grounded.
    Sometimes it helps me even to picture my family members and that I need to be here for them to accept these emotions and feelings.
    I don't know if I explained this right. Let me know if I am making sense ok?
    It is about making a choice to be here fully and accepts all that it brings with it.... this works grounding (for me anyway).

Quote Like should I do the linking of the base Chakra to the centre of the Earth by a chord?
    I don't know why, but stuff like this never seems to do the trick for me.
    Last edited by Eram; 7th January 2013 at 09:12.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

AwakeInADream (7th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), Deneon (7th January 2013), lookbeyond (7th January 2013), Reinhard (7th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013), TraineeHuman (7th January 2013)

29. Link to Post #195
    Thanks

I believe a number of the grounding methods I’ve mentioned so far in this thread would be similar to what Wakytweaky has described. Here are a few more, although Wakytweaky’s are all particularly good, in my opinion.

Most types of physical exercise will ground a person quite strongly – certainly such things as walking, running, cycling, swimming, team sports, aerobics, weight training, and so on.

Earthing of any kind certainly increases one’s degree of grounding. However, I understand that some people with certain types of heart conditions or heart irregularities may be adversely affected, but for the great majority of people it seems to be perfectly OK healthwise. Dawn discusses it in her “Breatharianism …” thread I think around posts #150 to #160 and maybe a little earlier than that too.

Almost anything that people call “centering” will at least decrease your ungroundedness, if you are ungrounded. DeDukshyn’s description in the second and third paragraphs of post #123, of how he got back into his body, is also a grounding technique. What I mean is, doingthings such as: in your mind/spirit “feel” the solidity of the walls and the floor around you, and focus on exactly where your body is located in physical space and on “entering” fully into it and taking full control of it.

Eating meat will ground you, though at least a dozen different experts have told me it grounds one in the wrong way. Certainly, on any occasion when I eat meat I feel some heavier energies. But lately I consider that’s OK and useful (not that I eat meat very often) if I’m engaging in mundane types of work, or activities like cleaning, shopping for basics, or washing or ironing clothes. Such activities themselves will also ground you at least somewhat.

Nature will ground you, though paradoxically it will also help put you in touch with the stillness which is the gateway to all higher dimensions.

I’m sure there’s plenty more. Let’s make it clear that reading, discussing, watching movies or videos or TV, and using the computer all unambiguously unground you.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (7th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (8th January 2013), Eram (7th January 2013), lookbeyond (7th January 2013), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (7th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

31. Link to Post #196
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Im so pleased i found this post, im sorry i dont have the health to actually read through all the posts as i would love to read everybody's viewpoint, however id just like to let people know my experiences of OBE'S.

Was a few years ago now, i started having sleep paralysis that used to scare me to death, as i didn't know what was happening to me, i decided to start looking into and researching it, but this was years later, i was quite traumatized of what kept happening to me at the time, i also experienced alien abduction experiences & exploding brain syndrome, however im still none the wiser as why i keep having these experiences.

I was an outcast in school for being psychic, i kept telling people what things were going to happen to them, & would predict crazy things about to happen, i never wanted 'The Gift' so eventually over the years and age, ive managed to un-learn it somewhat, however i still have a crazy intuition, & get a feeling about somebody whenever i meet them, i beleive they call this now a 'sensitive' well im definitly a very sensitive person.

The sleep paralysis ive manged to overcome somewhat & dont tend to get that anymore, but it was always felt like somebody was in the room with me, i would be ice cold, & could feel how ice cold my breathing was, & i really felt like something was trying to interfer with me, at one point i remember waking up, & i was literally being raped by an un-seen force, i was pinned to the bed, but i remember i could move my head a bit, and my legs somewhat, i can remember just kicking and kicking like crazy, trying to get this force away from me, i have considered hypnosis to try and re-call the whole events, as this kept having over a period of a bout a year. Im still traumatized by it, & dont really know whats happened to me, i feel like so much has happened to me, ill have strange re-call of things, especially in dreams, but ill wake up not knowing whether its actually happened to me or not, even though whilst im in the dream, i know it definitly has, it sort of soothes my soul to know all these things have happened to me, but the re-call on waking goes away so quickly, and again im left with just sketchyness- its awful- any tips would be most helpful.

I think im put off by hypnotisim as its expensive, you need to find somebody who knows what they are doing, & also im not sure i would be easily hypnotised, although i find meditation at home quite nice and peaceful, im not very relaxed with others, especially in a one-to-one setting, i get very nervous so im not sure this approach would work for me xxx

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nf857 For This Post:

AwakeInADream (7th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), Deneon (8th January 2013), Eram (8th January 2013), lookbeyond (7th January 2013), Reinhard (9th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013), TraineeHuman (8th January 2013)

33. Link to Post #197
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 times in 552 posts

Hello nf857, welcome, it sounds like youve had a tough time. Have a read around Avalon, there are people here who have had all sorts of experiences, i find we all learn from sharing and there is support in knowing you are not alone,

Kind Reguards lookbeyond

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

AwakeInADream (7th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), Eram (8th January 2013), Reinhard (9th January 2013), TraineeHuman (8th January 2013)

35. Link to Post #198
    Thanks

I’d like to discuss some of the differences between the 3D world and the 4D world. Hopefully this will more fully answer Deneon’s question regarding whether ones sees the 3D world when astral traveling. It should also help clarify any confusion that may have arisen from the latest Veritas Radio show.

The 4D world, as I use the word “dimension”, is not a physical world. It’s not just that it’s a world where there is no such thing as gravity at all, or that one instantaneously travels to anything or anyone anywhere that one focuses on strongly. It’s just not a physical world, even though our minds will try to view it, initially, as if it were one.

It’s also the case that probably the most basic core unit in undergraduate physics courses – the unit that teaches “dynamics” -- teaches that, and how, the physical universe/multiverse – which I call “the 3D world” – has at least ten dimensions. “Dynamics” is also an indispensable unit of any undergraduate major in applied mathematics. Sometimes it is known as “three-dimensional dynamics”, or “three-dimensional mechanics”. But it involves using ten-dimensional vectors or matrices. The label “three-dimensional” is only there for the purpose of making it clear that the subject matter goes beyond Newton’s (or “classical”) “two-dimensional” mechanics or dynamics.

At a more advanced level an eleventh physical dimension is added. This is made necessary ultimately because of “paradoxes”. Of course, a “paradox” is what you get whenever your theory is too limited to cope with some aspect of reality at all. As I would describe it the eleventh physical dimension is there to “explain”(even though it doesn’t at all, really) various physical effects caused by phenomena (or beings) which are in what I call a higher D. (It has nothing to do with what I call 11D. It is part of what I call 3D.)

If anybody is wondering what the ten physical dimensions for undergraduates are, they are as follows.
    The physical world as we know it has three dimensions of extension (height, width, and breadth), plus three further dimensions of movement (one corresponding to each of the previous dimensions), plus three further dimensions of acceleration or of angular momentum (again, each of them corresponding to each dimension of extension). Added to that we have the physical dimension of what physicists call “time” (which is totally measurable, and hence has marginal similarity to real time, which is largely unmeasurable, and which does not “flow” because it is the eternal Now). That takes us to ten dimensions.

The theory of how all that works was developed mostly by the mathematicians/astronomers Lagrange and Laplace (in the eighteenth or nineteenth century), building on Newton’s mechanics.

I’ve seen several senior professors of cosmology or physics proclaim that they’ve discovered that string theory needs at least ten, and preferably eleven, physical dimensions to explain the physical world. They’re forgetting that their whole presupposition about what “the physical world” is is based on the course on the above topic which they did as undergraduates. I suggest they need to be some extremely large dunces’ hats.

(Please see also post #55.)

In my next post on this I’ll move on to discussing what’s going on when an astral traveler experiences what looks like a 3D landscape.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (8th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (8th January 2013), Eram (8th January 2013), lookbeyond (9th January 2013), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (9th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

37. Link to Post #199
    Thanks

nf857, I’m very sad indeed to hear of your experiences.

It’s quite true that some men who develop astral travel/projection abilities do rape women’s astral bodies. Such men are totally lacking in decency and in the kind of ethical commitment that it’s assumed every member of this Forum promises to live by and totally uphold.

Often they have been influenced or misled by some type of black magic, or the “teachings” of individuals like Aleister Crowley and everyone such individuals influenced. They are probably also victims of the social conditioning that every adolescent lad is bombarded with in our society. That conditioning goes on for a number of years at an impressionable age. It assures him that his manhood, if not his real worth as an individual, is measured by his ability to have sexual conquests, and even many of them.

A big problem in your case, most unfortunately, is that you have been taking medication which obviously affects your consciousness and makes you sleepy and groggy sometimes. My experience in psychic healing is that I often can do little to help someone whose consciousness is being chemically half put to sleep. I try to link to their consciousness and I just get groggy and sleepy myself, making it pretty hard to concentrate and to elevate my level of awareness.

I’d like to suggest saying something like what’s in post #191 before you go to sleep, combined with conscious drawing on the psychic healing energy I’m sure you can draw on for yourself. Also, at the same time consciously calling on your guardian angels for protection and help, even if you can’t see or feel them at all. They are still there. And it makes quite a difference if you ask them to help.

Maybe you could tell us if that helps, when/if you have the energy to tell us.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (8th January 2013), Caren (8th January 2013), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (8th January 2013), Eram (8th January 2013), lookbeyond (9th January 2013), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (9th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

39. Link to Post #200
    Thanks

More often than not, the first time someone finds themselves astral travelling they don’t at first realise they’re not in the physical world. Consider how gdelisle has described trying to rest his head on his pillow and falling right through the bed, for instance.

In the 4D world, and absolutely anywhere OB, whatever you expect or focus on is what you’ll get. Because of this, nearly everyone’s initial astral travel experiences, or part-experiences, involve seeing a fairly accurate copy of the physical world (maybe with some different colors), maybe with a little fantasy tinkering thrown in.

Even in that space – one that’s as close as you can make it to the physical world we know --, it’s impossible to deny you can float or fly anywhere, for instance. That’s because there is no such thing as gravity there. Though your mind may try to forget or ignore this part of the time, particularly when you recall the experience later. I happen to know that this complete absence of gravity is the major difference most people take notice of -- and joyfully celebrate by "joyriding" everywhere -- in the first day after they die.

Another of the most noticeable differences is the faster than light-speed travel to any target of your imagination that you care to focus on. It may not be clear to the traveler that this is what is happening, though. Quite often a person’s first proper experience of astral traveling well beyond their ceiling involves thinking “Up!” and instantly then finding themselves – as their mind sees it – miles above the earth’s surface. At that point they’ll think “Earth!” and go plummeting at incredible speed towards a “crash” into the earth’s surface. They don’t realise they have been the ones willing this rapid travel all along, so they then find themselves crashing through the earth’s surface and seeing its interior. Then they realise they haven’t died, because there was no “crash” at all when they broke the earth’s surface. Hopefully, in this way or through something similar, the astral traveler will come to realise that in all their astral traveling experiences they are completely in control of choosing their destination at every point.

There are many other ways even the 4D world – let alone anywhere higher – differs from the physical world we know. But the mind will try to fill in the blanks with details that come from the physical world, when that isn’t what you actually experienced while travelling.

What makes each dimension higher than the one before is that there are fewer natural laws. For example, in going from 3D to 4D you lose not only gravity but a whole lot of other things I haven’t even mentioned so far. And that’s only going from 3D to 4D. Can you imagine?

Although I haven’t taken LSD, I take it the five minutes or so of very dynamic optical illusions and many colors near the end of the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey is typical of an LSD experience. That’s not unlike some types of OB travel I experience. It also sounds something like a dream that Wakytweaky recently described briefly. But can you imagine how much fun it is flying at incredible "speed" through the very essence of time itself, in the sense of "time" that physicists and our clocks use?

In my experience, OB travel in higher dimensions eventually doesn’t involve visuals if you go high enough. It does involve feelings, or sensations of a non-physical kind.

Also, the higher you go, the less there is such a thing as the specific, at all. I don’t know if it’s too hard to imagine a level of reality where everything that exists is universal.

And how about a (high) level of reality where it’s obvious that everything is in a kind of craziness – and that craziness filters down into absolutely all lower levels of reality?
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 9th January 2013 at 02:26.

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (9th January 2013), Caren (9th January 2013), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (9th January 2013), Eram (11th January 2013), Ikarusion (17th November 2014), lookbeyond (9th January 2013), meeradas (9th January 2013), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (9th January 2013), Shamz (29th January 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 148 FirstFirst 1 10 20 60 110 148 LastLast