1. Link to Post #2941
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,303 times in 1,185 posts

Arrow Re: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    The Spirituality section of this Forum primarily presents, inevitably, of course, just ideas or thoughts or descriptions about spirituality, rather than any actual direct spiritual experiences.
    I just saw that you were born under the sign of Pisces, his modern master entered Pisces definitively in 2012 the year of the beginning of this discussion, there is no coincidence, well done

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (17th February 2023), gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (18th February 2023), Reinhard (17th February 2023), TraineeHuman (28th January 2023), Wind (27th January 2023)

3. Link to Post #2942
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

I consider Whitehead's 'process' as half the reality of our experience. I call it the 'transitional' phase: the part of the Now that seems to 'move' towards a 'new' moment. But in terms of the Mind, there is no movement - so it is a contradiction.

The other half of the situation I describe as the 'state'.

We seem to flicker between the transition and the state, creating the illusion of movement. This illusory movement I call the 'fundamental momentum'. It is what seems to impart the movement to every phenomena in this reality.

Yet what I believe is actually happening is this: Our 'state' is our natural environment, given us by our Creator. The transition, in this context, is our mistaken belief that reality can be explained and results in our inability to remain still...and whole.

But since we cannot move, because movement is not in our repertoire, we have learned to 'see'. Seeing is a result of 'wanting to understand', instead of simply being content to 'know'.

Understanding is impossible because of our incorrect premise: that we move through a world we don't understand but it must be understandable because it exists.

Thinking is our bane. Thinking takes time, and time is our creation, not God's. The illusion of time allows us to 'move' away or towards ideas and situations in order to give the illusion of choice.

But God gave us a reality, and it is not our prerogative to choose otherwise. There is no choice in the reality we were given, yet we choose contrarily. That choice, that we have no business making, forces us into delusion.

And so the ancients have correctly maintained that humanity went to sleep a long time ago, and has never awoken since...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (18th February 2023), onevoice (26th February 2023), Reinhard (17th February 2023), Wind (18th February 2023)

5. Link to Post #2943
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Ernie, here's Thich Nath Hanh's translation of most of the Heart Sutra. I hope it gives you some notion of why (from my experiences) I value emptiness (and hence the "fluidity" and "unfixedness" and so on of process).

"The Insight that Brings Us to the Other Shore
    Avalokiteshvara
    while practicing deeply with
    the Insight that Brings Us to the Other Shore,
    suddenly discovered that
    all of the five Skandhas are equally empty,
    and with this realisation
    he overcame all Ill-being.

“Listen Sariputra,
    this Body itself is Emptiness
    and Emptiness itself is this Body.
    This Body is not other than Emptiness
    and Emptiness is not other than this Body.
    The same is true of Feelings,
    Perceptions, Mental Formations,
    and Consciousness.

“Listen Sariputra,
    all phenomena bear the mark of Emptiness;
    their true nature is the nature of
    no Birth no Death,
    no Being no Non-being,
    no Defilement no Purity,
    no Increasing no Decreasing.

“That is why in Emptiness,
    Body, Feelings, Perceptions,
    Mental Formations and Consciousness
    are not separate self entities.

"The Eighteen Realms of Phenomena
    which are the six Sense Organs,
    the six Sense Objects,
    and the six Consciousnesses
    are also not separate self entities.

"The Twelve Links of Interdependent Arising
    and their Extinction
    Ill-being, the Causes of Ill-being,
    the End of Ill-being, the Path,
    insight and attainment,

"Whoever can see this
    no longer needs anything to attain.

"Bodhisattvas who practice
    the Insight that Brings Us to the Other Shore
    see no more obstacles in their mind,
    and because there
    are no more obstacles in their mind,
    they can overcome all fear,
    destroy all wrong perceptions
    and realize Perfect Nirvana.

“All Buddhas in the past, present and future
    by practicing
    are all capable of attaining
    Authentic and Perfect Enlightenment.

“Therefore Sariputra,
    it should be known that
    is a Great Mantra,
    the most illuminating mantra,
    the highest mantra,
    a mantra beyond compare,
    the True Wisdom that has the power
    to put an end to all kinds of suffering...."
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 24th February 2023 at 09:03.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Docim369 (24th February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (24th February 2023), Ewan (1st May 2023), gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (24th February 2023), Ioneo (24th February 2023), onevoice (26th February 2023), Wind (24th February 2023)

7. Link to Post #2944
    Thanks

When contemplating 'process', I like where my mind ends up.

Because it gives a rare insight into a pet concept of mine, the 'unfinished business'.

Could it be that humans in this world are not yet born into reality. Instead, the human condition on earth is in gestation - yet to be born.

And that when we die - we will be born to our true reality - finally fully formed and created as Source intended.

Here we are just zygotes growing, evolving, and becoming in the universal womb of creation...the vesica piscis.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 30th April 2023 at 17:52.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Delight (30th April 2023), Docim369 (18th May 2023), Ewan (1st May 2023), George (20th May 2023), gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (1st May 2023), onevoice (30th April 2023), Pam (18th May 2023), Wind (30th April 2023)

9. Link to Post #2945
    South Africa Avalon Member arwen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,495 times in 653 posts

Apr 30, 2023

Podcast guest 787 is Darius J. Wright, prolific OBE explorer, delving into different dimensions and unlocking the secrets of the unseen realms through the out of body state. With deep insights into the nature of reality, Darius teaches and speaks publicly about accessing the other side and awakening dormant abilities within all of us.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to arwen For This Post:

Carlitos (1st June 2023), Ernie Nemeth (4th May 2023), George (20th May 2023), gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (6th May 2023), Merkaba360 (10th May 2023), Orph (4th May 2023), Pam (18th May 2023)

11. Link to Post #2946
    Thanks

Quote Here we are just zygotes growing, evolving, and becoming in the universal womb of creation...the vesica piscis.
    Just like a zygote, the human condition is not completed. Until it is, the zygote, like the human condition, is a fetus of its future self. It does not exist as a fully formed functional unit. Were it not for the womb it rests in, it would cease to be.

The sophistication of the human condition is built up from simplistic models that are scalable, much like is the case with the zygote. The cells are differentiated according to function, as are humans.

The human condition is a state. It is not yet ready because human beings have not yet taken on their functions.

Much like the cells in the body of the zygote, human beings are cells that compose the human condition.

Just like the universe of the zygote empties itself of the embryo, and the fetus becomes a functional unit in a totally novel reality, so too does the human being, once the human condition is complete.

The story diverges at this point.

There are two levels to consider: the personal and the interpersonal.

The personal story is the pertinent one because it is the story of you!
    The interpersonal one is the exciting one because it is the story of the human family.

The human architecture is an efficient hierarchical structure fully capable of simulating any experience in any realm of existence. It is not the only architecture capable of doing so.

For sake of brevity let's skip to the punchline.

The personal story ends (actually it only truly then begins) when the individual learns the secret of their condition. The human body is a template: head, hands, feet, heart, brain, lungs, etc. These templates are the components required to navigate the realms of reality and experience what is there. The templates have no physicality, but they can have, as they do here on the earthly plane.

We learn to manifest in accordance with our natures but also according to our design parameters. In the physical world we learn with a real body, so as to learn how the component templates interlink and interact.

Once life on earth is complete, we carry with us the memory of physicality and remember how to control our component parts.

With the knowledge of our function and the intimate experience of form, as lifeforms on earth, we can navigate the true reality and all the realms it contains.

Some realms cannot be navigated by a single entity. In those realms we will need to have a body of many souls to endure the hostile environment. This is what the human condition is working toward. A body ensouled by a multitude!

Because the nature of time is such that all things happen at once, these two stories happen at the same time.

Does it sound familiar? It should.
    We are both the One and the Many.

P.S. OBEs are another way of getting acquainted with this concept of the 'architecture of the human form'. The body is an idea first. Only after that can it flesh itself out. And only after that can it learn to control the idea of being human and learn how to manifest with intention.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Carlitos (1st June 2023), George (20th May 2023), gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (6th May 2023), Pam (18th May 2023)

13. Link to Post #2947
    Thanks

Hello, folks. I've been in hospital for a few weeks and haven't managed to post ant of my responses.

A [B]process always absorbs and incorporates, and goes with and gets changed by, anything that tries to control it. But on the other hand an object's basic action is to resist being controlled, resist it just as much as it possibly can. For that reason (among others), a process normally retains an openness to true reality that a corresponding or comparable object can never equal, not at all. A subtle difference, but deep as a canyon. In this way also, an object's very essence is to cling, more and more over time, to its (solitary) ideal, in opposition to all comers.

So, we all need to discover and be alarmed by the contradiction between what an object actually is (i.e. thought-ridden) versus what the (virgin) process that most closely corresponded to it is.
    To paraphrase T S Eliot: " Between the idea occurring naturally in real life as an embedded and natural process , and its objectification, falls the shadow." Beware that Shadow, folks. Beware the fixed and frozen and intellectualized idea. It will cost you your life.
    [To be continued soon]
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Docim369 (18th May 2023), Ernie Nemeth (18th May 2023), George (20th May 2023), gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (18th May 2023), Orph (18th May 2023), Pam (18th May 2023), Reinhard (19th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

15. Link to Post #2948
    Thanks

There is a huge gap between an idea of a process-as-existing-totally-embedded-in-actuality versus the (frozen and ridigified and "politicized") c o n c e p t that supposedly "corresponds" to that idea . But making that "correspondence" is how the thinking mind and language works.
    So we all need to discover and be alarmed by the contradiction between what any object a c t u a l l y is (i.e., thought-ridden) versus what the process that most closely corresponded to it is. With primal contradictions like that comes great misery and fear and the killing of love.
    Is that your life, perhaps? Your marriage? Your family? Your workplace? PLease, always, bend with those processes, for your own sake!

You yourself have to BE a process. You have to live dying to your misery every day, every moment. There is no other way, if you're serious about spiritual liberation. There is no other way.

Only a process can and will stay embedded in reality.. Reality is too big. No-one can capture it. Each moment bring in the bliss, the joy of being alive.
    Don't get unhappy, but let the process let you get happier instead, in every moment, always keep dying to your misery.

That's the solution you've been waiting for. Action without an idea, but as part of a process instead.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (25th May 2023), George (20th May 2023), gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (19th May 2023), onevoice (25th May 2023), Orph (20th May 2023), Pam (1st June 2023), Reinhard (19th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

17. Link to Post #2949
    Thanks

Two things I should clarify about "being a process" are as follows. Firstly, it doesn't mean bending so much that you sabotage your own integrity. Bend only in order to die to some piece of misery within yourself, but not to completely sabotage what you have already been doing constructively over all. Absorbing your environment doesn't mean getting totally overwhelmed by it. Every process has its own overall direction of flow that is uniquely its own.

And another thing by way of explanation. A process i simply pure energy. Nothing more. Whatever is the (pure, free) action is the process -- there's no difference between the two. (Pure, wordless) action is the thing that creates energy!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (25th May 2023), gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (22nd May 2023), onevoice (25th May 2023), Orph (24th May 2023), Pam (1st June 2023), Wind (22nd May 2023)

19. Link to Post #2950
    Thanks

I hope you are on the mend, my friend.

Recently, I've been stuck in the mantra: I am the witness.

The Witness watches the process, realizing its essence is 'other'. Yet if it is another, who is driving the bus? When confronting this quandary in meditation there comes a point when the witness looks upon the other. In that moment, a 'separation' occurs, and the two lock in an infinite regressive dance - like looking at an image in a mirror in front of another mirror.

The conclusion: there is no other.

After deeper contemplation even the witness disappears. This is because the witness, like all other such labels, is an identity. To identify cannot happen in the present because it is a secondary consideration requiring time to 'form' an opinion. In the moment, in the present, there is only pure consciousness. Awareness without objectification.

What is left is just Presence.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (26th May 2023), onevoice (25th May 2023), Orph (25th May 2023), Pam (1st June 2023), TraineeHuman (31st May 2023), Wind (25th May 2023)

21. Link to Post #2951
    Thanks

This Presence. This ground of being.

This Process, to which the 'I am' is but a processor.

To stay still enough to grasp the answer, to be quiet enough to hear the question, to 'be' enough, to merely allow, to surrender to Presence ... is to not know ... there is only Presence and nothing else.

Presence is everywhere. Presence is everything.
    It cannot be avoided but it can be ignored.

The effort is not in the being, it is in the doing.
    Don't 'Just do it' - STOP DOING IT!
    Just Be.

Presence is fully and completely natural.

Presence is what 'I am' is.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (1st June 2023), Pam (1st June 2023), Wind (1st June 2023)

23. Link to Post #2952
    Thanks

Breaking news...

Intuitive Solipsistic Philosophical Rebel Engages Emergent Meditative Presence, Terminates Selfhood Ironically, And Matriculates.

IS PREEMPTS I AM

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

gnostic9 (12th June 2023), Harmony (13th June 2023), Wind (14th June 2023)

25. Link to Post #2953
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 times in 308 posts

Love peace and joy to all!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gnostic9 For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (14th June 2023), Harmony (13th June 2023), Orph (14th June 2023), Wind (14th June 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst 1 48 98 138 148