+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 3 13 53 103 148 LastLast

Thread: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

1. Link to Post #41
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

Wow, I also have to take the time to thank you for offering a visit. I too will grant you permission, and with great pleasure! Any help would be grab and it is not everyday you find somebody that would take the time to actually assist me in my own goals!!

Thanks again and love to all!
    Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.
    -Maynard James Keenan

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gdelisle For This Post:

Caren (23rd November 2012), Chester (23rd November 2012), Eram (23rd November 2012), kintun (11th February 2013), TraineeHuman (23rd November 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

I'll be happy to visit everybody who's requested it and do around twenbty minutes' healing or "fear processing" work on/with each of you. But it still depends mostly on you. All that a healer can ever do is find a way to facilitate the client's self-healing. In a way they can often influence the client to pick up the ball, but then it's up to the client to follow through and keep going.

I won't have time to make posts for four plus days, but I'll be back here after that.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Caren (23rd November 2012), Chester (23rd November 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (23rd November 2012), gdelisle (23rd November 2012), kintun (10th February 2013), Libico (30th November 2012)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

[update] ive been falling asleep instead of staying awake...this is proving a bit difficult but i'm working through it.
    as i've been previously known to hibernate.... ...lol so this may take some serious will power.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

Caren (3rd December 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (28th November 2012), gdelisle (27th November 2012), Libico (30th November 2012), TraineeHuman (28th November 2012)

7. Link to Post #44
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Thanks

Well I have yet not only to find time as I have been barraged with work to do, but my problem is trying to not get so excited when the vibrations come, maybe we can switch places
    Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.
    -Maynard James Keenan

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdelisle For This Post:

Eram (28th November 2012), kintun (12th February 2013), Libico (30th November 2012)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

There's a greatdreal of misunderstanding about how to obtain psychic protection. Let me hopefully dispel a little of the widespread misunderstanding.

The only way you can know whether your supposed protection works is to see if a reasonably experienced and skilled psychic person can break through it easily. That's how I know that the only thing that really works, except maybe help from guardian angels, etc, is as follows. You have to become conscious of all your body cells together, united together energetically, and then bring in a healing energy (or life energy) around yourself and your cells. I appreciate you may not be a psychic healer, but you can still do it.

The main thing is to feel the (psychic) energy around you and your cells. Also, to have the intention that this will protect you. Each body cell itself has a tiny amount of awareness and consciousness, extending into the 4th and 5th dimensions. But when they are combined energetically, that creates such an impenetrable thought-wall and energy-wall. Strangely, that protection works not only while you are in your body but also continues during OB travel in both 4D and 5D.

"Just trusting your HS" may not be effective for you. Let me explain. When you're travelling in 4D, your astral/etheric body is your 4D HS. It itself has HSs in 5D, 6D, and so on. Though from 6D on we are in formlessness, so the 6D HS doesn't really have an identity at all, nor a 6D "body".

The question is, are you able to hear or know the extremely good advice that your 6D HS is trying to tell you? Our dreams each night occur primarily at just below 6D, as I've mentioned earlier. The problem is, nearly all of us don't want to listen to the wonderful advice contained in them. That's why on waking up, within one minute we alter the memeory of what was in our last dream in such a way as to lose that precious advice.

A popular supposed method of psychic protection is to create a bubble of some kind of energy around you. Psychic people will be able to see it around you all day long. It may include healing energy or positive energy or whatever. It may have a reflective outer surface that -- supposedly! -- selectively filters out all negativity and returns it to Source, or to sender. I'm sorry to tell you that kind of "protection" doesn't really work. It just makes a "positive" victim out of you, but a victim nonetheless. It can be bypassed within seconds.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 28th November 2012 at 02:21.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Caren (3rd December 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (28th November 2012), fifula (6th July 2014), kintun (10th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (30th November 2012), lookbeyond (29th December 2012), Peace in Oz (26th April 2021), Reinhard (28th November 2012), Shamz (13th October 2015), sheddie (17th February 2013)

11. Link to Post #46
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 times in 145 posts

Thought I’d share a recent experience (last night):

Towards the end of a long string of dreams, suddenly I realized I was dreaming and became lucid. I thought at first OK what cool s tuff can I do now, then thought about going OBE. Immediately had strong vibrations, with sharp pains* (see below) on my right hip. I managed to “will” the pains away and thought about how to go OBE. I closed my eyes so all went black n the dream and tried to visualize my bedroom as Buhlman suggests to go there. No go, so I visualized my old bedroom in my parent’s house. I had a clear image in my mind now and “rolled” out of my body.

I’m standing in my old bedroom and everything is black and white and very hazy (similar to other experiences), but I am fully conscious. I look down at my bed and see myself sleeping there , but my physical body seems to fade in and out. It’s like watching a movie frame by frame and one frame my body is there, next it’s just a bed, with a frame switch every second or so. Was very strange, but I didn’t want to get stuck on that.

Initially I felt groggy and almost immediately shouted “I want to meet my higher self!” I felt a small rush of energy, but nothing really happened. I shouted “Clarity now!” and things got a bit clearer. Not as clear as I wanted, so I shouted much louder “CLARITY NOW!”. Nothing happened and I laughed out loud to myself that it was as clear as it was going to get and I shouldn’t go around screaming like a spoiled child.

I decided to try flying to see if this really was an OBE, and I floated up through the ceiling, through the attic, and through the roof. Everything was very very dark outside I floated about 15 meters above the roof before returning to the room. I was high enough to see city lights everywhere, but felt like I’d prefer to stay in my room for the time being.

Since calling out to my higher self didn’t work I asked my guardian angels to come and assist me. What followed was the highlight of this experience. I immediately began to hear music in my head, similar to the harp-like music I felt in another experience. I had a mental image in my head of three entities and they told me their names too (I can’t remember them now, but if I hear them it might trigger my memory. One started with an R and was the longest of the three names). The harp music continued and I sat down and closed my eyes absorbing it in. Soon I heard another melody join in and it was pure bliss. That continued for a little while with my eyes closed as I drifted away and shortly thereafter woke up.

I know the 4th dimension is very much open to being molded by our mind; is it possible that this was really an OBE even though I wasn’t in my parent’s house? I suppose it’s possible my mind created this space to be my comfort space as I grew up there, but in the physical world my body was half way around the world and I saw my physical body flickering in and out. Interestingly enough, this is my third potential OBE that have all had some sort of connection to that house, and all three experiences seemed a very different “reality” than my standard lucid dreams.

*Just something else I’d like to touch upon – the sharp pains I feel when dreaming have been recurring as early as I can remember. The pain is almost exclusive to my back (the exception being last night) and usually occurs during nightmares, or during sleep paralysis as I am waking up. I’m not sure if sleep paralysis is correct term to define this, but it happens where I am still heavily groggy/sleepy but am half awake – I’m not fully conscious but not asleep either, so it’s an in-between state where I am in my bed/on the couch.

Lately it’s been happening more often (past year or so); less so in dream states and more during sleep paralysis. To describe the pain would something like a sharp object poking my back strongly, not piercing the skin but pushing it in with the pressure. In my mind, it causes me to twitch/spasm with the pain, and eventually I wake myself up. There have been a few times where I’ve tried fighting it (in my mind making it into a foreign entity), and once challenging it and taunting it to “do its worst”, and to see how much of the pain I can stand. The only time I did this was roughly 6 months ago and the pain got to be very intense. I held out as long as I could (which to me felt much longer than I usually last before waking up) but eventually gave in and woke myself up. That time I woke up feeling slight physical pain for a minute or so after waking up.

My last two lucid dreams, last night and a few days before, I immediately felt attacked by this pain the moment my lucidity happened. The first time it immediately became sharp pains as I started to request to have an OBE, and it was bad enough to force myself to wake up. This time, it started and I managed to control the pain enough where it became quite bearable and feel transition into what I believe was an OBE.

I’m not scared over this as it is something I’ve been dealing with for some time – when I’ve asked about it I was always told that since this occurs during nightmares it is my body’s way of conditioning me to wake myself up when I need to which always sounded nice on paper but never really satisfied me. I’m not adamant that this is some sort of parasite or foreign entity that has attached itself to me, but I’m open to hear opinions on this as I’ve asked around about this several times and never heard of anything similar, although admittedly I can’t go into as much detail as I do here.

Has anyone heard or experienced something similar to the above? I’d love to get this to stop somehow – this latest time I instinctively dug in my proverbial feet and challenged it but instantly changed my approach to send it positive thoughts, and thoughts of love. It didn’t seem to have any effect. I’m very curious to get a better understanding if this is something internal or external.
    Last edited by Libico; 30th November 2012 at 22:12.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

AwakeInADream (24th December 2012), Caren (3rd December 2012), Eram (1st December 2012), Jake (16th December 2012), kintun (12th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), nimmer (1st December 2012), Reinhard (3rd December 2012), soleil (24th January 2013), Swan (30th November 2012), TraineeHuman (1st December 2012)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Libico, your problem regarding the pain in your side seems to me to be undoubtedly connected to cording. The "hitchhiker" phenomenon that Bill R. has started a thread about is also real. But as you say, that doesn't seem to obviously fit your experience here. So, let me start by saying a little about what cords are, in my experience and in what I have observed regarding other people.

Cords are the 4D -- i.e., energetic -- manifestation of attachments. As we know, what most of us like to call "love" for a partner or family member is actually in part strong attachment, in nearly all cases -- as soon as you or they think of the other as "mine". Let's also remember the flipside of attachment: whoever or whatever you strongly hate or dislike or resist, you're also strongly attached -- and therefore corded -- to. Everybody acquires very strong cords from their family members (especially their parents), and then secondarily from their siblings, their serious romantic partners, and then also others, like their bosses.

A cord is a means of subconscious control that the other person is using. Because you're "theirs", they use the cord to try to force you to stay within the "box" that they know. How do they force you to do this? By (quite subconsciously) making you feel discomfort or pain that's strong enough to get you to pull your head in and "behave". The pain will be in the part(s) of your physical body where they energetically attached their cords. In the 4D body, these look sort of like electric wires, that are permanently connected and permanently switched to "on", 24/7.

Libico, it seems clear that you yourself have a strong cord to the place that is your childhood home. When a person goes OB, they are a little closer to their true heart. And obviously, in your heart that childhood home is what feels like true home. No matter that it's halfway around the planet.

Having very briefly tried to "read" you intuitively, what I get is that one of your parents was very possessive and therefore has some unusually strong cords into your 3D body. Some very possessive parents will also even cling to such cords up to decades after their death -- and that's a real nuisance for their unfortunate offspring, I can tell you! If you go OB travelling, then --shock! horror! -- you might get some distnace from that cording situation and you might see what is really going on. So, of course you're likely to feel some strong pain along that parental cord.

The subject of how to cut cords has been discussed in this Forum in the past. It's not easy to do fully. In my experience, you need to get lots of insight into your childhood relatiionship with that parent. If you kind of obsessively keep asking yourself "why" am I the way that I am as a result of crucial childhood incidents with that parent, eventually you'll get insights, both into what you've blocked from your own memory and into their interests and needs at that time, and also how to re-interpret what happened now that you have an adult understanding. It sure helps to be ruthless about not stopping asking yourself what is the real truth about your past. One onion layer after another.

Libico, the fact that the pain is so sharp, plus in your back -- the master-slave location, where you are the slave -- strongly suggests to me that that parent subconsciously so hates what you are doing. Are you supposed to be weak and dependent and to know your place, perhaps?

Incidentally, here's something else I came across when I was starting out at 4D travel. Suddenly I discovered that there's petty psychic warfare going on everywhere in 4D. This is because most of what is going on in a person's mind and heart is normally subconscious. It's subconscious because the person finds it too painful to face that that is what they're partly like. So, there's all sorts of negative and unfriendly and manipulative thinking and gameplaying going on all the time. But you soon rise above that level in 4D.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 1st December 2012 at 04:57.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Caren (3rd December 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (1st December 2012), kintun (12th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (1st December 2012), lookbeyond (29th December 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th September 2013), nimmer (1st December 2012), Orph (10th May 2013), Peace in Oz (26th April 2021), Reinhard (3rd December 2012), Shamz (13th October 2015), soleil (25th March 2013)

15. Link to Post #48
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Very interesting post TraineeHuman and definitely a lot of food for though - thank you for your insights!

What you explain about cording, and what is likely my connection to one of my parents can definitely apply to my relationship with my father. He was a very domineering figure during my early years, which is essentially when this started to occur during my childhood nightmares. Nowadays age and experience have taken their toll on him and he is a much calmer and happier individual, but he was an extremely stressed person when I was growing up and prone to over-exaggerate his negative reactions as a way to blow off steam (if I did something wrong, or got bad grades at school he would get absolutely furious and was a scary guy to be around, even for my friends). Being a physically big and strong man, he in my opinion unknowingly used that to intimidate his children into doing what he thought was right... and me being the curious and rebellious kid I was definitely had me venturing outside the "box" of what he thinks his son should be doing He is and always was a good and kind person, but he has his own personal demons that cause him to lose control in certain situations based on issues from his own childhood (he has a lot of anger towards his mother and vice-versa).

I can definitely see him as being the more over-protective of my parents emotionally (and hence I would be heavily corded to him), simply because his emotional investment in all things in his life were extremely intense - he could stay angry at someone cutting him off hours later when I was younger, and would often mutter profanities to himself when he was in "high stress mode" (which was quite often). When it comes to his kids who he loved to death but had extreme difficulty expressing it physically and verbally, I can see this potentially being the situation here with what I've been experiencing.

I like to think that I have a lot of insight into my childhood and the reasons behind things that have happened, but maybe it's time to revisit some of those incidents. I have talked about it with my father (briefly, as he is embarrassed to talk about it at length), but it's something I've forgiven as I have a better understanding as an adult how his mind is hard-wired. It's possible and likely that maybe he hasn't forgiven himself - would that be a reason for the unusually strong cording still being present? Again, this is something I've learned to deal with for the most part but if dealing with this can give him some peace of mind than all the better.

Regarding my childhood home, the home I frequently return to is actually the house my parents moved to when I was 14-15. I know I wrote that I grew up there, but in my mind it does feel more like "home" than any of my earlier childhood homes, and since I've been bouncing around apartments for the past 8 years it makes sense that I subconsciously still think of it as home.

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    Libico, the fact that the pain is so sharp, plus in your back -- the master-slave location, where you are the slave -- strongly suggests to me that that parent subconsciously so hates what you are doing. Are you supposed to be weak and dependent and to know your place, perhaps?
    Regarding the above, I've never shared what I'm doing with him directly as I'm not sure how open he is to this. I'm very open with my mother about this and it's likely that they talk about it. I know that dropping everything and moving halfway around the world was a big shocker to my father as it goes against everything he thinks to be the correct "path" (i.e. good grades, degree, good job), but he was envious that I was able to do what I felt was right for me - this could also be subconscious feelings of resentment on his side for going against his wishes, and for doing something he always wanted to do but was too afraid to - these are things I've spoken about with my mother, so I'm not just shooting in the dark with this.

Regarding the OBE, I have a few things that I'm wondering about:
    • To see my physical body flickering in and out - does that have significance?
    • When I called for my guardian angels and 3 entity's appeared - is there any significance to them sending me a mental image of their names?

I will search for some older threads about de-cording - as always very much appreciate your posts TraineeHuman!
    Last edited by Libico; 2nd December 2012 at 09:31.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

Caren (3rd December 2012), Eram (1st December 2012), kintun (12th February 2013), nimmer (1st December 2012), Reinhard (3rd December 2012), TraineeHuman (3rd December 2012)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Libico, one observation I would make is that generally people are deeply and secretly (from themselves) attached to -- "in love with" -- their miseries and their unhappinesses. It sounds very likely, as you say, that your father has not forgiven himself -- and hence wants you to stay in your place, energetically speaking, within his "empire". And that he subconsciously feels highly uncomfortable when at some level you rock his boat extensively by rising up ever so high to where you get a birds-eye view and see everything in proportion, so to speak.

In reply to one of your questions: when I used to astral travel I'd often see the physical body flickering -- but probably that's just a sign of being absorbed in the pulsing of an energy from a higher D.

Some of the other things you describe suggest you have been getting to 6D or at least borderline 6D. To me these are wonderful places. The borderline between 5D and 6D is where we all go not only in most of our dreams, but also every night as we are falling asleep. So, I believe it's somewhere that's one of our true homes as a species. It's a wonderful place because it's the birthplace of all forms. The 6D world is full of intuitions and (unworded) ideas and creative inspirations. But it's only when these come down into 5D that they take on precise expression. I guess many don't appreciate, though, that meaning and meanimngfulness most certainly exists into 6D and beyond -- and how!

That borderline area of symbols and so on is also the material that creative artists work with and become masters of (in their spirits). And also true clairvoyants. For that reason, I strongly suspect that some creative artists -- the true ones -- learn to travel in that world without a higher body. And also into the 6D world, from which they draw their "inspiration". And I'll bet they get there without needing to learn how to travel in 4D first.

In my next post I'll describe some of the extraordinarily pleasurable and wonderful things I have experienced when travelling in 6D and 7D.

But let me add that even to master that borderline world of 6D/5D you have to learn to make your conciousness very, very subtle. That makes you hypersensitive. In other words, it make you feel pain much more intensely and easily than any "normal" person. You have to really open yourself up and strip away all your shields. You don't really need them at that level anyway. It's no accident that many (but not all!) of the most famous creative artists became alcoholics or drug addicts. They could not continue to bear the pain day and night, even though it brought them to living with extreme beauty and fineness day and night. The only way out is to drop clinging to the self -- or, at least, the personality, because the self is the source of all our inner pain.

Actually, a complete dropping of self -- a complete psychological death --doesn't come up as the "guardian of the threshhold" until we come up to the 13th Dimension. But even to discuss this more limited dropping of the need to possess a "body" to travel about in brings us to the world of 6D, which I'll discuss in my next post.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 3rd December 2012 at 04:56.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Caren (3rd December 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (3rd December 2012), kintun (18th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (3rd December 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th September 2013), Peace in Oz (26th April 2021), Reinhard (3rd December 2012), Shamz (13th October 2015), soleil (24th January 2013)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    Quote Posted by Shamz (here)
    I think the intent to go out of body is absolute necessary - like in any other work here... if you are only half hearted in trying to do that... you will only experience as much...
    so every night or day... whenever you practice... believe-- actually not believe.. but know you can do it 100%... then you should be able to do...

There are many other external things which might help you go astral... but whats natural.. and whats really you... is absolute beautiful experience...
    concentrate and know you can and you shall...
    I guess this is a good point at which to describe the traditional method for astral travelling -- with apologies for no doubt repeating material most of which has already appeared elsewhere. Here goes:

Lie flat on your back, with your palms by your side and facing the ceiling (because that's the most relaxed position for your arms). Your body should be aligned with the north-south direction (it doesn't seem to matter if it's south-north or north-south).Relax deeply. Traditionally this is done by silently repeating a mantra to yourself over and over. Almost any mantra will do, but if you like you can use "Aumm".

Focus quite strongly on the OB phenomenon. But don't try to use your will to kind of force it, as Shamz has suggested. (Sorry, Shamz. But "knowing you can do it 100%" doesn't necessarily work, because maybe you won't quite master it on the first attempt. Also, force is a form of ego, and here we need to totally let go, which you can't do if you use any ego.) The trick is to relax very deeply but not fall asleep. It may take a few attempts before you learn how to not fall asleep!

What you are waiting for is a vibration in the air. I know I always seem to hear it, but if you don't hear it you'll certainly feel it. It's a kind of electric buzz that comes through the air. Don't be frightened. Actually, what it is is your 4D self -- or, if you like, the 4D part of your Higher Self; or, if you like, it's the incarnation into 4D of your HS. It will come toward you, and will recharge your physical body. Totally surrender to its vibration. This 4D part of your Higher Self is almost identical to you, the only exception being that it will have some of the negative things about you missing or toned down. (People who like to ponder multiple timelines could have a field day with this. Multiple "you"s, one a 3D version and one a 4D version but the same person? And you, in your body, are almost the same as that buzzing field? But ... on with the exercise.)

You should now see a bright orange ring. If you stay surrendered and relaxed, you'll notice yourself floating through it. Then you'll probably see a pale blue ring, and similarly you'll go through it.

Once you're through there, welcome to the 4D world, friend. It's a world with no gravity. Also, whatever or wherever or whoever you put your attention on, there you will fly in the twinkling of an eye.
    hi trainee, i'm just popping in to say that i was just looking for this quote above from you. i've been committed now (100% with out fear) for the past 2 nights. however, i have had a hard time with bringing on my vibrations.. which is very important! looking forward to making it happen soon! (as long as i dont fall asleep first, i'm reaaaally working on staying awake/aware/&clarity now).
    unite, alright

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

Caren (3rd December 2012), Eram (7th December 2012), Libico (3rd December 2012), Reinhard (3rd December 2012), TraineeHuman (4th December 2012)

21. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Keep at it teradactyl! I'll never forget one of my first experiences - I didn't go into this with any real fear (mainly excitement) but the vibrations I felt were pretty intense. I found that breathing deeply and audibly seemed to keep me relaxed enough to experience the vibrations. It took me a few times to do anything other than experience the vibrations, but even that was enough to make me a believer and know I had found all the proof I needed that this was real - the vibrations are so unlike anything I've experienced that I had no doubt of what I was experiencing.

What I found worked for me was that once the slight vibrations started I tried to focus on them and keep my breathing steady - I didn't try to "will" them to get stronger (well, I did a few times since and it never worked) but try to feel them spread throughout your body, almost like you are floating in a stream letting it take you where it will. Be sure to write down everything the moment you wake up too, as things can slip away very quickly upon waking and writing it will solidify it in your memory.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

Caren (3rd December 2012), Eram (7th December 2012), kintun (18th February 2013), Reinhard (9th December 2012), soleil (3rd December 2012), TraineeHuman (4th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

trainee, i have a question for you that has been boggling my mind while i am awake and im sure affects my attempts when i go to bed.

how do we know what kind of thoughts about our physical body will return 'the new traveler' to their body? or inhibit us from leaving our bodies? i've read (in books/threads) of where our 'consciousness' realizes the body is paralyzed and there fore cannot move it (prior to exit). does a thought like this stop us from leaving the body?

essentially, what kind of body thoughts keep you back and what ones allow you to move ahead?
    unite, alright

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

Caren (5th December 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (7th December 2012), kintun (12th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (4th December 2012), Reinhard (4th December 2012), TraineeHuman (4th December 2012)

25. Link to Post #53
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi everybody,

Early this afternoon, I dozed off into a nap at around 3 pm. After sleeping for awhile, I "woke up," grabbed my guitar, and walked downstairs and started playing only to suddenly realize I was back in my bed. This false awakening, as I thought it was due to the fact that I saw friends of mine in my house during the "dream state". After the realization, I suddenly felt as if my head was falling through the bed (I was lying on my side). I heard rushing sounds, and felt pretty vulnerable as I became aware of what was going on. I tried leaving the body by will, but I failed. I also tried creating a psychic barrier around me to protect against negative entities. Finally, I was sucked back up from my fall through the bed into my body, and woke in the sleep paralysis state. I could see my room, but it seemed as if I had more than 2 arms and legs (I saw multiple). I tried calling out, as I have done before, and as expected with no answer. I couldn't move, but could see everything and could talk, but I don't think anyone could hear me. Finally, I managed to shake myself out of the paralysis, only to come downstairs and begin to write this.

This was a truly exhilarating experience and I would appreciate any type guidance as to what I can do the next time I am encountered with this situation!

Thanks again and love to all!!
    -Maynard James Keenan

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gdelisle For This Post:

Benimal (22nd February 2013), Caren (5th December 2012), Eram (7th December 2012), kintun (13th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (4th December 2012), lookbeyond (29th December 2012), Reinhard (4th December 2012), TraineeHuman (4th December 2012)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by teradactyl (here)
    trainee, i have a question for you that has been boggling my mind while i am awake and im sure affects my attempts when i go to bed.

how do we know what kind of thoughts about our physical body will return 'the new traveler' to their body? or inhibit us from leaving our bodies? i've read (in books/threads) of where our 'consciousness' realizes the body is paralyzed and there fore cannot move it (prior to exit). does a thought like this stop us from leaving the body?

essentially, what kind of body thoughts keep you back and what ones allow you to move ahead?
    Hi again Teradactyl,

I can only tell you what I have learned based on my own experiences and from those of other people I have known. The biggest thing that stands out for me is that the people who can OB travel easily are the ones who are comparatively free of their conditioning. It seems to take most people years of intensive self-psychotherapy or intensive personal development, plus usually years of intensive meditation, before they break free of all the fog and the darkness and the heaviness. It does happen to some rare people much quicker than that. But it really does seem to come down to what is the person's overall "level" of liberation from their conditioning in certain or many ways.

The quest for such liberation is the most important thing there is. It requires total dedication. It's not a matter of what thoughts you think. To the extent that your thoughts are important here, they'll all be just right provided your quality of being is right. The question is, how much are you willing to give of your very deepest self, of your all? If you know there is a priceless great diamond buried deep underground at a certain location, the question is, are you 100% unreservedly willing to dump everything else and search for and begin to dig for that diamond? If you are, then maybe you can lose much of your baggage in a year or two, if you're lucky. But you must be so dedicated to that project. You must thirst for success in it, no matter what. Be ruthless. Give no quarter. Watch everything you are thinking and feeling, nonstop, always. How much are you willing to give? If not absolutely everything, then it may well not work out. (I'm not saying to resign from your job and divorce your partner, but to learn to "be in the world but not part of it".) I don't want to discourage you, either, because as I say, nothing else is as important as this anyway.

I've also mentioned the importance of meditation, and how similar OB travel is to that. In all my understanding, meditation is all about becoming a "professional"-level master at letting go (pardon that cliche). Going with the flow, letting it (everything) be, surrendering to your deeper consciousness that you can't control. So, as far as I understand it it's not about thinking this or thinking that. It's about learning to detach as if you were miles away and miles above, and still stay with whatever is going on, but from that "very cool" vantagepoint.

As far as paralysis goes, as far as I'm aware that only happens when somebody who's already OB tries to rush back into their physical body too quickly. Personally, I always saw the silver cord of energy that connected me to my physical body's belly. I learnt that just by putting attention on that cord I could get back into the physical body very safely and very quickly (but as I've said, psychic protection before you start). When I'd travel further, such as to another planet, it would be violet in colour with a bright silver star every few meters, but it was extremely elastic.

You seem to keep trying to figure everything out. (Better to figure the puzzle that is you out. OB travel doesn't need to get analysed -- it's already a natural process.) Unfortunately, the whole mechanism by which attachment is formed involves thought. Specifically, attachment gets formed by repeating the same thought over and over, combined with some strong feeling. But as I say, what we need here is detachment. As "Jesus" says in the Bible, you're not going to make yourself an inch taller by doing lots and lots of thinking about it.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 4th December 2012 at 06:03.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Caren (5th December 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (8th December 2012), gdelisle (4th December 2012), kintun (18th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (4th December 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th September 2013), Peace in Oz (26th April 2021), Reinhard (4th December 2012), Shamz (4th December 2012), soleil (4th December 2012)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Before we begin to talk about 6D and 7D, let me point out that while sleeping at night every one of us goes into what is known as delta wave sleep. During such “death-like” sleep is when nearly all the physical body’s self-healing goes on. But if you read a little about studies of delta brainwave states, it’s quite clear that they occur probably in at least the 7D world. So we do all go there every night, however unlucidly.

I must confess that for me the delightful worlds of 6D and beyond have meant a number of important things. For one thing, they have always felt like what I have sometimes thought of – rightly or wrongly – as the Buddhist Void. Basically, they remind me intensely of the worlds of 13D and higher (the universal or divine worlds). In 13D, there is an unimaginably beautiful and joyful yet profoundly cool “hollowness” that pervades everything. It penetrates through the walls of buildings and of everything else in 3D and higher. Somehow, just by going into 6D I get reminded so much of the 13D “hollowness” that it often sends me into intense joy which is far more powerful and satisfying (non-physically) than any sexual experience -- though admittedly different in character from the latter.

Even in its own right, the 6D world is a most exhilarating place to visit. “Wait a minute,” some may be thinking. Didn’t he say early in this thread that once one has crossed into 6D, there are no more pictures or symbols, as these are replaced by something which he claims is much more real? “Yet, in a formless world,” you may be thinking, “isn’t there just a kind of grey soup where every being is so interconnected with every other that it’s all just kind of one great blob?” Well, no, it isn’t like that at all. Not at all.

If I may go conceptual/ analytical for a moment, let me say that the 6D world is made up not of particles but of things such as (to give you one option) fields. You may be aware that quantum physics uses concepts such as that of a field – but there is an attempt at every point to “particle-ise” everything. Take away the obsession with particles, however, and you suddenly lose, or solve, all the quantum paradoxes. A field is infinite, for example, and is therefore in effect, in its reach, just as big as the universe. You could say it contains the universe as much as the universe contains it. (For more about quantum physics in a readable and easy to understand form, see Gary Zukav’s book The Dancing Wu-Li Masters.)

The 6D worlds and higher are just very different kinds of worlds than what we are used to imagining a “world” is like. Can you, reader, throw away all your presuppositions about what a “world” is supposed to be like, and feel like? Because these worlds aren’t like some kind of gluey, grey soup at all. They’re just very, very different. And they’re where the human species will eventually be living in the far distant future.

Incidentally, the 13D world is the world of time. Not the 4D world, as your physics teacher or Stephen Hawking may try to tell you. The “time” that physicists know is only a tiny – and very distorted -- fragment of what time truly is. (True time doesn’t flow, at all. It exists as the eternal Now. Western philosophers worked this out around a hundred years ago. Ancient Eastern philosophers worked it out thousands of years before.) The physicists' "time" is the fragment which is totally measurable. But that’s not what time really is. Real time is roughly the same as pure existence, or being. The “time” of the physicists is a little like the US dollar. Maybe not totally worthless, and very widely used, but really, in the end, just a kind of label rather than a reality that has true worth. And an artificial creation that can only exist as long as nearly everybody is deluded into believing it’s the real thing. Don’t be fooled by the conditioning regarding what time is, folks.

I have experienced OB travel through worlds of time of two quite different kinds. Extraordinarily interesting. But it wasn’t primarily travel into past or future dates, as far as I noticed.

We are all infinite beings, on a long journey of gradually disentangling ourselves from the physical world and from the 4D astral world and so on. If not in this lifetime, then in the future.

Finally, I want to make it very clear that the 6D world is formless. It absolutely doesn’t have six dimensions of form, as, say, Ashayana Deane would like to and does claim. The number of dimensions of form that would be required to cope with the lowest of the formless worlds – if that would even begin to be possible -- would be infinite. Think about it. A world defined by six physical dimensions like length, width and breadth would contain lots of forms. These forms would have measurements such as a certain height, width and length, and so on. Because such a world would be made up of such forms, it cannot be a formless world, by any stretch. End of story.

Quite apart from anything else, I have personally experienced physical worlds that have six dimensions where we have three. I can assure you that these worlds (or planets) are much the same as our world, and quite unlike the formless worlds I know and love in just about every way.

Secondly, let’s assume that faster-than-light travel occurs by warping space at stargates – as is generally believed by most members of this Forum, I assume. To warp 3D space you have to have at least a 4D physical (not astral) world to “bend” the 3D space in, if not a 6D physical world. That’s a mathematical fact, much like one plus one equals two. You may have seen an educational TV program or whatever where the expert physicist bends a flat sheet of paper and then moves the paper so that point A is now touching point B. Bending, or warping, space, the physicist explains, enables instantaneous travel because two otherwise distant points then get brought together, just as the demonstration with bending the piece of paper shows.

If there seems to be interest, I’ll try to explain at least a little more about formlessness in some later posts. I appreciate it’s hard to get your head around it, but it sure isn’t some sort of “emptiness” – not unless you mean an “emptiness” which is far more aware and alive than the world we know.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 5th December 2012 at 08:45.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Caren (8th December 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (8th December 2012), Ikarusion (10th November 2014), kintun (18th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (5th December 2012), lookbeyond (29th December 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th September 2013), Peace in Oz (26th April 2021), Reinhard (7th December 2012), Shamz (29th January 2013), soleil (24th January 2013)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

“True love detaches,” said C. S. Lewis.
    Not only that. Our whole capacity to love truly depends on how completely we can detach.

Why? Because whenever we engage with somebody else, we instinctively dive into their world. But only as deeply as we can without getting stuck there. Their world is their world, and our world is ours.
    “Sympathy” means getting stuck in the same puddle as the other person. We need empathy instead.

So, for professional counselors, psychotherapists, social workers, nurses, teachers, and so on, detachment is a required skill. They are expected to master it by the second year of professional practice, if not sooner. Otherwise, they won’t cope, because they’ll take all their clients’ problems home with them at night.

It seems like quite a few doctors, and maybe some nurses, desensitize themselves from their natural bodily reaction to things like human blood. That’s not detachment, though. It’s switching off. There’s not nearly enough caring then.

What I’m trying to do in this post is shed some light on why detachment is absolutely central and crucial to every aspect of spirituality, to your evolution.

Really its importance extends into every part of our life. It applies equally to how we relate to ourselves as to how we relate to others. And, how we relate to ourselves determines how we behave with regard to everything else anyway. It’s not important just for counselors etc.

My understanding of what spiritual liberation means is as follows. The truly free person is someone for whom nothing and no-one can really blow his or her “cool”. It doesn’t matter what problems or sufferings certain work tasks or people or life situations may bring up. The free person is the one who doesn’t get brought down and “made” unhappy by any such thing. The free person doesn’t mind, and continues to feel OK regardless. At least OK, fine, despite the impact of the unpleasantness. And that’s all about having an inner detachment.

So, one thing which I would suggest that anybody interested in OB should work to develop is their detachment. It doesn’t matter what “stage” of success at OB travel you might be at. Certainly, for me, learning to be experienced at astral travel was one of the things that taught me about what such detachment feels like, and how to help get into it.

For a number of years while going about various daily activities I would frequently “hover” from a vantage point well OB, but with my eyes open. I could not do this all the time, for example it would have been very dangerous for me to even attempt to drive while in this state. On the other hand, I soon discovered that if I was engaged in counselling or psychic healing or creative work, for example, going into and staying in this state while my eyes remained open made me much more effective at doing those things.

In probably my next post I’ll describe more of the kinds of skills I was developing at that time, and what sorts of things I felt. Although preferred ways of going OB are unique to each person, I hope such a description may be of use to somebody.

This has a lot of connection with the world of 6D as I know it. That's because that world is a place where you can wander free, unencumbered. Any burden you might have seems so light there, you don't even carry it while you're there. You become a watcher, a witness.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 7th December 2012 at 09:11.

32. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Caren (8th December 2012), Eram (8th December 2012), Gardener (26th August 2015), Ikarusion (10th November 2014), kintun (18th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (9th December 2012), lookbeyond (29th December 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th September 2013), Orph (10th May 2013), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (7th December 2012), Shamz (29th January 2013), skyflower (23rd April 2013), soleil (24th January 2013)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Thanks a lot, Traineehuman, for sharing your deep in-sides. Your humble and clear advice will help me to "get there", I'm sure.
    The very moment the caterpillar thought the world would end, it turned into a butterfly.
    Laotse

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reinhard For This Post:

Eram (8th December 2012), Libico (9th December 2012), lookbeyond (29th December 2012), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), TraineeHuman (7th December 2012)

35. Link to Post #58
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

The answer is extremely simple...

OBE's are not only the 'Gateway' to the other side, they are the 'Gateway' to our 'Own' reality...

Personally, I feel greatful we (ALL) get a chance to go back home...

36. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

I agree with you, Jackovesk, that the point of the OB exercise is ultimately to dwell in whatever is truly our own world. I guess that world ultimately, but that is ultimately, turns out to be Source itself, but from our unique perspective. And you’ve made a good point. Be true to your own true heart, and that’s where you’ll find God.

I agree it’s very simple, but that doesn't make it easy, for most people.

Any OB point of view enables a person to see who they truly are more clearly. Often people are so caught up in whatever they are doing, they might have little or no accurate idea just who/what they are really being or behaving as at the time, or why.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 8th December 2012 at 05:37.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Caren (14th December 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (8th December 2012), kintun (18th February 2013), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (9th December 2012), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (8th December 2012), Shamz (13th October 2015)

38. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Just an update to those who’ve agreed to let me visit them to attempt a little remote healing or “processing” work with them:

I’ll be visiting most of you in the next week or week and a half. I’ve been super-busy up till now with work commitments and also with handling the consequences of moving house, unfortunately.

I did visit one of you already. But that individual wasn’t so good at holding their own energy body – their 4D and 5D bodies – steady. So I spent the time trying to help them not to “wobble”. This problem happens with everyone who is new to “energy” work and who is also fairly new to meditation.

In around two weeks I’ll PM all of you and try to organise a time for a “group flight” also, for those interested.

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Caren (14th December 2012), chocolate (27th February 2014), Eram (8th December 2012), gdelisle (10th December 2012), Laura Elina (14th June 2013), Libico (9th December 2012), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (8th December 2012), Shamz (13th October 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 3 13 53 103 148 LastLast