+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 soup can/ pine needle stove/not for handgrenades( those are for fishing)

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default 2 soup can/ pine needle stove/not for handgrenades( those are for fishing)

Behold, rocket scientist scrambled eggs, shame its this mans only video, i LOLLED my head off, he explains the science behind it too.

This means you can cook a meal on a pack of toothpicks, though pine needles will work better.

ENJOY.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Default Re: 2 soup can/ pine needle stove/not for handgrenades( those are for fishing)

this is what I call practical help, interesting

Most very knowledgeable scientist have some things like that in their pockets they could share with the population.

would be neat if the all do.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (13th January 2013), Dennis Leahy (29th July 2014), Eram (28th December 2012), Sunny-side-up (29th July 2014)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Joe Sustaire's Avatar
    Shipwrecked in the Sea of Plenty, surrounded by the unknowing.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 131 posts

Default Re: 2 soup can/ pine needle stove/not for handgrenades( those are for fishing)

Very cool! Reduced to it's most simple level. It's amazing how long it burns with that small amount of pine needles. I'm sure it could easily be improved to make it more practical for real use. Pot stand etc. so you don't have to hold the pan while cooking. Great demo.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe Sustaire For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (29th August 2014), Billy (29th July 2014), Dennis Leahy (29th July 2014), Sunny-side-up (29th July 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member zen deik's Avatar
    Thanks

Google zen stoves,,,,,great ideas,,,

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zen deik For This Post:

JRS (25th February 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

This is a really neat idea for camping. I hope people do as this guy suggested and translate this for people living in other countries, especially poorer urban areas. Hell, there are homeless people in this country who could benefit from this idea.

+ Reply to Thread