+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hyperthyroidism - Overactive Thyroid

1. Link to Post #1
    Ireland Avalon Member Poly Hedra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 times in 349 posts

Default Hyperthyroidism - Overactive Thyroid

I was kind of trying to avoid posting a thread in PA about this but I feel I must help myself, look for info from a more natural, holistic perspective. Hopefully this may help some one else with the same problem.
    I have spent the last couple of days trying to get informed about hyperthyroidism. So far every forum I have found is full of people discussing their list of tried and failed attempts of dealing with anti-thyroid medication, not to mention the side-effects.
    I have been diagnosed with an over-active thyroid.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/hype...active-thyroid
    "What is hyperthyroidism?
    Cross-section diagram of the neck showing the thyroid gland

Thyroxine is a body chemical (hormone) made by the thyroid gland. It is carried around the body in the bloodstream. It helps to keep the body's functions (the metabolism) working at the correct pace. Many cells and tissues in the body need thyroxine to keep them going correctly.

Hyperthyroidism means an overactive thyroid gland. When your thyroid gland is overactive it makes too much thyroxine. The extra thyroxine causes many of your body's functions to speed up."

Dental Problems with hyperthyroidism
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3169868/
    "Oral manifestations of hyperthyroidism

The oral manifestations of thyrotoxicosis, includes increased susceptibility to caries, periodontal disease, enlargement of extraglandular thyroid tissue (mainly in the lateral posterior tongue), maxillary or mandibular osteoporosis, accelerated dental eruption[8] and burning mouth syndrome."

The Celiac/Autoimmune Thyroid Connection
    http://thyroid.about.com/cs/latestresearch/a/celiac.htm
    "According to research reported on in the medical journal Digestive Diseases and Sciences, a significant number of patients with autoimmune thyroid disease also have celiac disease. Celiac disease is a disorder that causes the intestines to react abnormally to gluten, a protein found in wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, kamut, and other related grains. "
    There is a distinct lack of info regarding natural, diet, holistic or alternative treatments.
    Last edited by Poly Hedra; 15th January 2013 at 00:33.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Poly Hedra For This Post:

Draco (15th January 2013), Kristin (15th January 2013), Marin (15th January 2013), Operator (15th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2013), thepainterdoug (26th May 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Re: Hyperthyroidism - Overactive Thyroid

I think broccoli and fenugreek are two plants used to treat that.

Broccoli has to be either cooked or not, i can't recall!!!!

BUT ask a doctor/herbalist.

I screwed up mine real bad.

If you want it to just stop working, get some vaccines and soon you will have hypothyroidism. XD

I take it you are losing weight? Maybe even some diarrhea when you are not stressed out and stove up?

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

I have suffered from a Thyroid gone wild a little more than 15 years ago. It kept on going for weeks
    and I was losing weight like several pounds a week. I had to sleep on a couple of towels because
    everything was soaking wet each next morning (due to high fever). I was completely exhausted and
    could hardly stay awake during the day. When they finally decided to give it a better look I had to go
    the hospital and drink radioactive Iodine so they could follow it in my body.

As a kind of miracle there was no need for treatment afterward. I recovered in a couple of days.
    Well perhaps it wasn't such a big miracle because a thyroid is in high need of Iodine. Now I have
    only a partial functioning thyroid left. I take a kelp tablet every day to add more Iodine in the most
    natural way. When you regularly eat seafood then the kelp isn't necessary. But you may have
    guessed it, seafood is not my thing.

One of the reasons a thyroid might stop working properly is radio-active Iodine saturation from
    nuclear fallout etc.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Draco (15th January 2013), Lunesoleil (26th May 2023), Poly Hedra (15th January 2013), sigma6 (7th May 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Here is a link to some info regarding thyroid and nutrient supplementation. I h ave used Lugols iodine for hypothyroidism for years, and I have read several articles suggesting using it also for hyperthyroid, . Of course, find a good Doctor (natural) to guide you.

http://curezone.com/faq/q.asp?a=13,281,2962&q=571

I get my lugols solution on ebay from canada as you can get the stronger solution. In the US you can only get 2%

If you google hyperthyroidism and iodine you can find plenty of information.

I am not a Dr. any and all information in this post is for entertainment only. Please see a dr before taking any advice on the internet, and don't sue me, because you won't get much. LMAO

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Marin (15th January 2013), Operator (15th January 2013), Poly Hedra (15th January 2013), selinam (15th January 2013), sigma6 (7th May 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I have Found, in the last few years how utterly insane it is for us to not know how our bodies work, to leave our lives - in another persons hands. I swear every time that I will never go to a regular GP again.
    I had been a regular fixture at the doctors for a few months now. I was constantly complaining about headaches. I spoke about the fact that my whole body was shaking. I was starting to think it was the beginning of Hodgkin's disease.

I was at home in Ireland for xmas and I was told to go to the doctor by my boyfriends mother and my best friend told me I looked tired. This time I told the doc that I was tired all the time, in constant pain, she finally put two and two together and did a blood test. I used to get really annoyed at getting the new student doctor, straight out of college, consulting books etc. In actual fact it's much better, they have the latest knowledge and they are keen to do thieir best, not jaded by the whole affair. I really dont want to be taking tablets for the rest of my life. Thanks for the info, will get stuck in.
    Last edited by Poly Hedra; 15th January 2013 at 03:06.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poly Hedra For This Post:

Marin (15th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2013), thepainterdoug (26th May 2023)

10. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

https://www.drbrownstein.com/homePage.php An M.D. thyroid expert. Check the blog and other areas. Lots of info!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)
    Here is a link to some info regarding thyroid and nutrient supplementation. I h ave used Lugols iodine for hypothyroidism for years, and I have read several articles suggesting using it also for hyperthyroid, . Of course, find a good Doctor (natural) to guide you.

I get my lugols solution on ebay from canada as you can get the stronger solution. In the US you can only get 2%

I am not a Dr. any and all information in this post is for entertainment only. Please see a dr before taking any advice on the internet, and don't sue me, because you won't get much. LMAO
    http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-...l%27s+Solution

Better than ebay? Or maybe not...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Marin (15th January 2013), Poly Hedra (15th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

from what i've learned iodine (lugol's) helps with both hypo- and hyperthyroidism. worth a shot i'd say. keep in mind that symptoms may get worse at first until the thyroid has adjusted so start slowly. with hyperthyroidism it's overactive, probably in order to use up every little bit of iodine that comes in with food so the amount should be increased little by little (up to 12.5-50mg / 2-8 drops as maintenance dose, depending on what feels best)
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

Marin (15th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Thanks for the links guys. I also have an overactive thyroid along with a couple of extended family members.

I tried everything to gain weight, from eating more tjan I could afford, to protein powders. I was using most of my food energy for heat, and sweated a lot at night. All the other symptoms listed above effected me to some degree. Has anyone had success with balanving their iron/copper levels?

Thanks.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream by night

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueGem For This Post:

Marin (15th January 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (15th January 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

I am a clinical herbalist and these are my suggestions for either hyper or hypo thyroid. Both conditions are from exhausted and imbalanced thyroid gland and usually also adrenal glands. Your thyroid is (generally) either over or under compensating in trying to repair and heal itself.

Kelp . . . . high quality and from cold water. Provides proper iodine the throid needs to function and balance

L-Tyrosine . . . .a non-essential amino acid and acquired through many foods but mostly dairy products, meats (red), fish, wheat and oats. Many with thyroid conditions are low in L-Tyrosine and usually because of high stress, adrenal exhaustion, anxiety and depression. Supplement L-Tyrosine is highly recommended

B vitamin balanced complex . . . . especially B-6 and B-12 . . . . .if your urine doesn’t turn bright green or fluorescent yellow it is not a good product.

Adrenal Gland support supplement . . . . .your adrenal glands are more than likely exhausted and imbalanced. Find a quality adrenal gland supplement.

Stay on the regime until your thyroid and adrenals are balanced and then maintain a daily diet that includes foods with the above vitamins and amino acids. Pick the supplements back up during times of high stress and difficult emotional periods.

17. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

One of you mentioned night sweats!

I had night sweats two summers in a row that would have made Iron Maiden cry.

It was in 2008-2009 I think, waking up SOAKED and I mean TOTALLY SOAKED around 5:00 or 6:00am.

horrid huh?

it doesn't happen now but Jeez! anytime i get damp in bed it's fear time... omg it's coming back! I bet trying to run from Fukushima radiation the first weekend or two and getting caught in a blizzard didn't have anything to do with the symptoms decreasing LOL

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)
    https://www.drbrownstein.com/homePage.php An M.D. thyroid expert. Check the blog and other areas. Lots of info!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)

http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-...l%27s+Solution

Better than ebay? Or maybe not...
    That is a great price.That is a product I would purchase. Good find, and I saw that the distributor has good reviews.

19. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Lugols iodine can help with hyperthryoidism.

I suggest that you get the DVDS from Dr Bernstein. A google search will bring you to them. He is he master of iodine therapy.
    You can also call Dr. A. Haskell ND in Salt Lake City. He is a master on treating thyroid conditions and he has developed a workable solution to hashimotos disease and he as written a book about it. I think hyperthryodism would be a sinch for him and he may be able to direct you with a phone consultation. I'd give him a call and see what he says. Have all your lab work ready.

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for the info, much appreciated.

21. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

well, I have been diagnosed with Graves disease. I have thought about the simple fact that we create all these diseases ourselves and I've been thinking about the Thyroid, it's location, in the throat. So obviously I have to look at the throat chakra.

I believe that there is a blockage with this chakra. I have felt unable to express myself creatively over the last couple of years.
    I came to the conclusion that my inability to express myself caused graves disease.
    I started to research this and the website i have quoted from was the first information I found. It describes me to an absolute T. Bang on! I'm actually a bit shocked at how accurate it is.
    Not being able to express who I am, my beliefs. I'm sure people here can relate to that with the beliefs we have here.
    Anyway I wanted to post my findings here as others have said they had thyroid problems.
    It might help someone else.

"Did you know that you created your thyroid problems? It may sound strange, but it's true. I'm not talking about eating too much sugar, or not getting enough iodine. I'm talking about the thoughts, emotions and energy you aren't releasing! As a worldwide Energetic Healing practioner, I've seen hundreds of people with dramatic issues with their throat chakras. These people commonly have thyroid issues as well. It's so common in fact that when I see people with these throat chakra issues, I will almost always be told that the person has been diagnosed with, or suspected, thyroid issues.

Almost all the clients that come to me with thyroid issues have the same unhealthy tendencies in common.

1. First of all, they tend to be shy, timid, and insecure. It can be very hard for them to express themselves with others, without worrying what that person will think.

2. Second, they tend to avoid conflict at all costs. They don't feel safe or comfortable in arguments and feel easily overpowered by others.

3. Third, even when they try to confront others, they are either so choked up or blocked that they can't, or they tend to come across far too aggressively.

4. Fourth, they often feel isolated from others, even family. They often feel that there are things they cannot share about themselves, such as their beliefs or life choices, and they have to hide who they really are.

5. Fifth, they often have been influenced to keep secrets. They may have experienced abuse or felt embarrassed by family members and felt they had to keep things hidden from others.

6. Sixth, they tend to be too talkative and drain their energetic reserves. These people often crave attention and need to feel listened to, appreciated, and understood. They pour massive amounts of energy into communication, often explaining themselves and reiterating to an absurd degree. They often push others away with their incessant need to have attention and be understood.

7. Seventh, they tend to feel very angry and resentful towards others because they cannot confront them and they feel like they don't have a voice. This is often held in the throat chakra and this energy is rarely ever released on it's own."

Source: http://www.completelifehealing.com/a...s/show/3476155
    Last edited by Poly Hedra; 6th May 2013 at 12:37.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poly Hedra For This Post:

Lunesoleil (26th May 2023), Unicorn (26th January 2014)

23. Link to Post #15
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: Hyperthyroidism - Overactive Thyroid

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Harmony (27th May 2023), Seeclearly (26th May 2023)

+ Reply to Thread