Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Lack of Thorium Reactors is Evidence of a Global Agenda

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

Default Re: Lack of Thorium Reactors is Evidence of a Global Agenda

1st Meltdown-Free Nuclear Power Plant In China 2017

https://www.rt.com/news/332254-china...-free-reactor/

hmm.... we know they are also pouring major research into Thorium Reactors... I wonder if this is a stepping stone technology?

Quote China says it is planning to bring a safe nuclear power plant that will not suffer from meltdowns online in November 2017. It would be the world’s first high-temperature, gas-cooled pebble-bed nuclear plant built on an industrial scale.
    China’s Nuclear Engineering Construction Corporation wants to introduce a high temperature, pebble-bed, gas-cooled nuclear reactor, in the Shandong Province, south of the capital, Beijing. The company is planning to bring twin 105-megawatt reactors online that would be immune to meltdown. It is hoped that the power station will start working by November 2017.

The Chinese are using a design developed in Germany, though the nuclear reactor which is being built in Shandong will be the first commercial-scale atomic power plant of its kind to be constructed.

“This technology is going to be on the world market within the next five years,” said Zhang Zuoyi, director of the Institute of Nuclear and New Energy Technology, Technology Review reported. “We are developing these reactors to belong to the world.”

There's two angles on this that come to my mind just off the top...
    1) There may be some technological hurdle that hasn't been properly addressed in "Large Scale" Thorium Reactors that needs to be perfected, I remember there was an issue with the caustic nature of liquid thorium.... but the main gist, according to Kirk Sorenson, is that they would be way cheaper to build... since like this reactor, what they both have in common is the high temperature aspect and I am assuming lower pressure as well, although that wasn't mentioned... and it does sort of remind of the Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor... i.e. there may be some a material science technological issue that needs to solved to build long term stable reactors... (Although one would think, in this day and age, that would be a no brainer...)

The other is: (Something like 1)
    2) The basic premise that if the technology is sophisticated enough and the cost is prohibitive enough, then China would gain a technological edge in the market place... as the first in the market of what is essentially a new and unique design, the safetly aspect, if accurate, will guarantee untold billions in guaranteed sales... And... ALL the PTB always want to maintain... "CONTROL OF DISTRIBUTION"...

i.e. Perhaps the technology (on Thorium Reactors) isn't the issue and Sorenson is 100% transparent (as he seems) ...and they did have a perfectly working prototype running in the late 60's after all... and on a relative shoestring budget at that!... In that case, it could be argued that if Thorium Reactor technology was TOO easy, and became TOO commonplace... then EVERYONE would eventually be able to get around the patents and start building their own... and that might be too much freedom.... High technology and High Cost equals the "necessity" of "Government Intervention" and controls entry into the market from competition and keeps the CONTROL OF DISTRIBUTION .... centralized in the hands of Government...

So the question remains... what happened to the LFTR Thorium Reactors? Where do they fit in?
    Last edited by sigma6; 28th June 2016 at 01:25.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th June 2016), DNA (27th June 2016), ExomatrixTV (10th December 2021), Foxie Loxie (27th June 2016), KiwiElf (18th October 2017), Limor Wolf (28th June 2016), TargeT (18th October 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

You can very easily use the argument that there is mass corruption in the nuclear waste game. That being said, I do not think this can account for the entire world falling prey to this kind of corruption. I think it possible that the secret space program has it's roots in the 50's, and as such I also think it is possible that our nuclear power plants may act as a spacecraft fuel refining facility.
    This fuel may be in use by the secret space program, or it may have value in trade to "other" civilizations.

Quote This article is about the 1950s nuclear propulsion project. For other spaceflight vehicles called Orion, see Orion in space.

An artist's conception of the NASA reference design for the Project Orion spacecraft powered by nuclear propulsion.

Project Orion was a study of a spacecraft intended to be directly propelled by a series of explosions of atomic bombs behind the craft (nuclear pulse propulsion). Early versions of this vehicle were proposed to take off from the ground with significant associated nuclear fallout; later versions were presented for use only in space.
    The idea of rocket propulsion by combustion of explosive substance was first proposed by Russian explosives expert Nikolai Kibalchich in 1881, and in 1891 similar ideas were developed independently by German engineer Hermann Ganswindt. General proposals of nuclear propulsion were first made by Stanislaw Ulam in 1946, and preliminary calculations were made by F. Reines and Ulam in a Los Alamos memorandum dated 1947.[1] The actual project, initiated in 1958, was led by Ted Taylor at General Atomics and physicist Freeman Dyson, who at Taylor's request took a year away from the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton to work on the project.
    The Orion concept offered high thrust and high specific impulse, or propellant efficiency, at the same time. The unprecedented extreme power requirements for doing so would be met by nuclear explosions, of such power relative to the vehicle's mass as to be survived only by using external detonations without attempting to contain them in internal structures. As a qualitative comparison, traditional chemical rockets—such as the Saturn V that took the Apollo program to the Moon—produce high thrust with low specific impulse, whereas electric ion engines produce a small amount of thrust very efficiently. Orion would have offered performance greater than the most advanced conventional or nuclear rocket engines then under consideration. Supporters of Project Orion felt that it had potential for cheap interplanetary travel, but it lost political approval over concerns with fallout from its propulsion.[2]
    The Partial Test Ban Treaty of 1963 is generally acknowledged to have ended the project. However, from Project Longshot to Project Daedalus, Mini-Mag Orion, and other proposals which reach engineering analysis at the level of considering thermal power dissipation, the principle of external nuclear pulse propulsion to maximize survivable power has remained common among serious concepts for interstellar flight without external power beaming and for very high-performance interplanetary flight. Such later proposals have tended to modify the basic principle by envisioning equipment driving detonation of much smaller fission or fusion pellets, although in contrast Project Orion's larger nuclear pulse units (nuclear bombs) were based on less speculative

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (10th December 2021), Foxie Loxie (18th October 2017), sigma6 (4th November 2017), TargeT (18th October 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 332 posts

Because all tha was expose above I think the furry hand of the dark energy cartel is on this , preventing any new ideas to came up to the surface. Thinking any other country would do it , , hmmm I doubt it because the dark cabal own the central banks of every country in the world !

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yetti For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (10th December 2021), Foxie Loxie (18th October 2017), sigma6 (15th April 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Oak Ridge National Laboratory - The Molten-Salt Reactor Experiment

Could this be any more straight forward? If anything they were being way too modest... This proof of concept design went live on June 1st 1965!... 1965! (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away from over-hyped, politically motivated marketing "alien planet" we live on today... '; P )

This is really an excellent primer before looking at Kirk Sorenson's stuff... what he based his model on...

I keep hearing and seeing more about this... (maybe cause I keep looking it up on the internet : D ... but it's starting to sound like the US might be involved somewhere in the background with the Chinese efforts at building a pre-fabricated modular design (I'm guessing...) i.e. what else could be taking so long?

Everything's been done and proven, from design to working model, etc... back in 1965 for God's sake!... The only thing left really is for the Chinese to build a modular design amenable to mass factory production... and voila... no more (fake) "energy crisis"...

edit: I guess technically, if you watch it, you can see they were just discussing the idea of the fast breeder near the end of the video... but as they were saying throughout, Thorium as nuclear energy worked almost according to prediction and flawlessly and was 'self balancing' or 'self homeostatic' which was addressed and confirmed in Sorenson's interviews with the original engineers. If anything with the additional applications/innovations including with his LFTR design, i.e. using the radioactive by product for beneficial commercial applications, and using the excess heat to power something else (free heat) like desalinating water, the efficiencies are freaking endless... off the chart really...

i.e. it would be so ridiculously safe and low maintenance... and there would no country in the world that couldn't afford to not have it... whoever gets it to market first... wins... end of story (and happily ever after... ?)

(oh wait... I think I just asked my question and answered it... (dohhh!!!)
    Last edited by sigma6; 15th April 2019 at 13:02.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (18th October 2017), Ewan (18th October 2017), ExomatrixTV (10th December 2021), Foxie Loxie (18th October 2017), JRS (5th November 2017), KiwiElf (18th October 2017), norman (18th October 2017), TargeT (18th October 2017)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    You can very easily use the argument that there is mass corruption in the nuclear waste game. That being said, I do not think this can account for the entire world falling prey to this kind of corruption. I think it possible that the secret space program has it's roots in the 50's, and as such I also think it is possible that our nuclear power plants may act as a spacecraft fuel refining facility.
    This fuel may be in use by the secret space program, or it may have value in trade to "other" civilizations.
    In a nutshell... as I begin to see the technology and the 'big picture'... the money the Rockefeller oligopolists make from refining Uranium and supplying is why no one can break into the market... apparently ever since they 'fired' Alvin Weinberg... who was the inventor and patent holder for BOTH designs and he clearly wanted to go with the Thorium, as the more efficient, safer model...

The Bureaucratic blockade that Milton Shaw put in place against Liquid Molten Salt Reactor is still the NUMBER ONE reason blocking this technology... it protects the BILLIONS that the Rockefeller controlled interest (just saying Rockefeller...) have in the old technology... side by side competition with MSR would wipe them out... financially, engineering wise, by-product wise (because by products of Thorium have non military commercial application), ecologically, i.e. 100 hundreds of times less waste, etc, etc ad nauseum...

This tells me they KNEW VERY WELL what the MSR technology represented... they just wanted plutonium... That was then... This is now... These protectionist regulatory regulations that are killing the US economy and sucking billions and billions unnecessarily are killing MSR...

And the sense I am getting these boys (Kirk, et al...) are brilliant scientists and technologists... but I am starting to see they are not promoting this right... (They need marketing consultation...) and they are not tackling the regulation issue head on... They need to educate the public better to get social momentum... I have been following this thing for how long now? and I am just starting to really appreciate what he is talking about and it is blowing my mind even more... The plutonium FAST BREEDER is a TOTAL ROCKEFELLER SCAM...

.07% efficiency vs over 95% efficiency? High Pressure Reactors 10,20,30 times more expensive to build? the hundred atmospheres of pressures makes it totally unsafe.. at the scales they are building them... it's only 'plus' was creating plutonium for the military... the US has had literally decades to perfect MSR... which was already 90% done!... in retrospect... Alvin should have laid low... and just let it go... and maybe they wouldn't have buried it in so such a huge pile of regulatory restrictions... (someone was clearly trying to cover their arses...) the bias and prejudice was 100% unjustified... 100%...

This is similar to the William Randolph Hearst story all over, who single handedly bought the government to block Hemp growth which would have been in direct competition with his pulp and paper investment in forestry... the result: he became a multi billionaire and deface our continent of millions and millions and millions of trees... (thank you William Randolph...) This is exactly what is happening with Plutonium Fast Breeders vs Thorium liquid Molten Salt Reactors... it's a no brainer...

And if the public doesn't wake up it will continue bleeding billions into the Rockefeller bank accounts until China and India perfect and mass produce it... (in the next 10 years...) and the public can't wake up until they understand (REALLY WELL) what Kirk and others are explaining here... Once you see it... it's enraging... I can't believe how polite Kirk and the others are (they are engineers...) and I think this is a mistake... it's just way too polite to the point of being misleading...
    Last edited by sigma6; 4th November 2017 at 14:56.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (10th December 2021), Foxie Loxie (4th November 2017), Jayke (4th November 2017), JRS (5th November 2017), Reinhard (4th November 2017)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Energy From Thorium: A Nuclear Waste Burning Liquid Salt Thorium Reactor

From 2009... I think this one gives a clearer picture of what Kirk was trying to say, watch as many of his videos to get as many angles on what he is saying... including the alternative visionaries... each one is suggesting a different way to get Thorium into commercial production in their own way... I think Kirks is the most idealistic... what it could be in a 'perfect world' with government support, private investment, full regulatory support, etc..

of course this won't happen until, we the people put a fire under the governments arse... (as always, the same story eh... ) : (

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (10th December 2021), Foxie Loxie (4th November 2017), JRS (5th November 2017)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Kirk Sorensen (CEO of Flibe Energy) has finally broken through the proverbial "Glass Ceiling"...
    ...Has found an ally in the "Major Corporation" Arena... After 7 Years of Fighting the Good Fight

LFTR (Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor) Defended by Kirk Sorensen @ TEC2018

2018-07-10:
    Flibe Energy Awarded 2.6 Million to Develop NF3 Fluorination with Pacific NorthWest National Labs

2019-04-01:
    Flibe Energy and PNNL Contract For NF3 Fluorination Awarded By Department Of Energy

2019-04-04:
    Flibe Energy Awarded $500,000 To Assess LFTR Safeguards with Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Congratulations to Kirk Sorensen... He is finally on his way... and is creating the best most practical hope for the future of truly safe, clean, affordable, sustainable and unlimited energy... amazing! '; D
    Last edited by sigma6; 15th April 2019 at 12:42.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

CurEus (21st April 2019), ExomatrixTV (10th December 2021), Zanshin (15th April 2019)

15. Link to Post #48
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,715 times in 20,824 posts

• Thorium Reactors - Is Nuclear Making a Comeback?
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Alecs (9th December 2021), Franny (9th December 2021)

17. Link to Post #49
    Language
    Thanks

• Energy Future Unveiled! THORIUM Molten Salt Reactors 2023 Update:

⚡ Welcome back to our channel! Join us as our Co-founder and Chairman of the Board takes the main stage at the Energy Tech Summit in Poland to deliver his latest keynote speech. ⚡

During his presentation, Thomas dives into our company's groundbreaking vision for how our innovative nuclear technology will provide an abundance of low-cost, green energy. He highlights how mass manufacturing of our innovative thorium molten salt reactors will disrupt the energy sector making energy production more cost-effective than ever before.

Want to help? Consider sharing our videos, subscribe to our channel and turn on the notification bell to stay updated on the latest developments on the Copenhagen Atomics waste burner. It helps us grow our business and technology if the channel keeps growing.

Correction: In the video, the reactors are described to have a lifespan of 50 years. However, it is the nuclear plant that will operate for 50 years, whereas the individual reactors within the plant will run for a period of 5 years. After this period, the reactors will undergo decommissioning, recycling, and be replaced with new reactor units.

00:00 - Introduction
    00:30 - A new category of commercial nuclear energy
    02:29 - The energy source of the future
    03:19 - The goal
    03:51 - Visualisation of a 1GW power plant
    05:27 - Energy input vs. output
    06:37 - Thorium vs. Uranium
    09:06 - What are the safest energy sources?
    10:52 - Recycling
    12:35 - When is it ready?
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (25th June 2023)

19. Link to Post #50
    Language
    Thanks

• New Type of Nuclear Reactor! Safe Nuclear Energy For 1200 Years!?

A lot is currently happening in research and development when it's about nuclear energy. The demand for zero-emission, base-load capable power generation without political dependencies is in high demand worldwide. Hence also the urge to research new, safer nuclear power technologies.

439 nuclear reactors are currently operational worldwide, 108 more are planned or under construction and will supply the grid by 2030. While the western countries are concerned about nuclear power, Nations like China, Russia and India are leading the list for new nuclear reactors. In this context Thorium reactors are mentioned particularly often.

China's first liquid-salt thorium reactor is coming online soon, and India even wants to shift its ENTIRE nuclear economy on Thorium. This Technology could also be able to solve the energy crisis with clean and safe Nuclear energy

We took a closer look at the nuclear Thorium technology. It promises more energy with less fissile material, less nuclear waste and greater safety. Can the reactors really deliver what they promise? How advanced is the state of the art and are the predictions about the miracle reactor correct?

20. Link to Post #51
    Language
    Thanks

• The POWER of Product-First: Advancing Thorium Molten Salt Tech

⚡ See how knowledge gained from molten salt tests, built in a garage, sort of looking like beer kegs, has become a full-scale test platform for Copenhagen Atomics ⚡

In this video, join Ben, one of our brilliant Loop Engineers at Copenhagen Atomics, as he unveils the culmination of rapid innovation cycles and knowledge gained from designing, building, testing and breaking molten salt nuclear technology. Bringing us rapidly closer to a full-scale molten salt reactor.

Want to help? Consider sharing our videos, subscribe to our channel and turn on the notification bell to stay updated on the latest developments on the Copenhagen Atomics waste burner. It helps us grow our business and technology if the channel keeps growing.
    Correction: The video mentions that 6.1 is classified as a full-scale molten salt test reactor. However, it is a full-scale molten salt test reactor prototype.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th June 2023 at 12:06.

21. Link to Post #52
    Language
    Thanks

• Unbelievable Breakthrough: Forget Nuclear Fusion, We Have THIS!

Unearth the intriguing history of thorium as a nuclear fuel, from Edward Teller's visionary statement to Alvin Weinberg's pioneering work. Learn about the Molten Salt Reactor Experiment and why thorium reactors were sidelined in favor of uranium. Discover how recent concerns about climate change have sparked renewed interest in thorium. Dive into the cutting-edge research and development by companies like ThorCon and Flibe Energy. Will thorium power our future? Watch now and find out!
    • Can Thorium Nuclear Energy Make A Comeback?

Nuclear energy gets a pretty bad rap – for good reasons. But thorium, a weakly radioactive element, is hailed to fix all its problems: no meltdowns, less waste, no bombs. We developed a molten-salt reactor to unlock its potential decades ago – but then turned our backs on it. Was that a huge mistake?
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th June 2023 at 12:13.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Vangelo (25th June 2023), Vicus (25th June 2023)

23. Link to Post #53
    Language
    Thanks

• THORIUM: World's CHEAPEST Energy! [Science Unveiled] 2023 Update 2:

Thomas will give a brief introduction on a "popular science" level to our thorium molten salt reactor, the Copenhagen Waste Burner and in some technical detail, explain how we are able to achieve such a cheap price point on delivering an abundance of affordable and green energy from thorium and nuclear waste.

🌍 Learn more about our company: copenhagenatomics.com
    📣 Follow us on Linkedin: linkedin.com/company/copenhagen-atomics

00:00 - Introduction
    01:09 - Why We Are Doing It
    01:58 - The Goal: Mass-Manufacture Molten Salt Reactors
    02:32 - The Nuclear Power Plants
    03:35 - The History of Energy
    04:50 - Classical Nuclear
    06:15 - Radiation
    07:00 - The Physics of Nuclear Energy
    07:46 - The Thorium Fuel Cycle
    08:40 - Uranium vs. Thorium
    09:52 - Nuclear Waste
    11:53 - Our Reactor Core: The Onion Core®
    13:37 - Corrosion
    15:02 - The Three Key Takeaways
    16:27 - Conclusion
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th September 2023 at 21:58.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (27th September 2023)

25. Link to Post #54
    Language
    Thanks

• Nuclear 4.0: NEW Thorium Reactor Burns NUCLEAR WASTE for 1000 Years!:

Germany, a nation known for its groundbreaking technological feats, is now at the forefront of a #nuclear revolution that could completely change the future of our entire planet! The fact that Germany was the first country to abandon #nuclearenergy has led to an unexpected yet enlightening outcome. The ongoing war in Ukraine and sanctions against cheap Russian gas have pushed the country into a severe energy crisis, posing challenges to the country's economy and calling into question its nuclear phase-out. However, though Germany is phasing out nuclear power, the nation is still leading in nuclear technologies. And now, it is witnessing the dawn of next-generation nuclear technologies with its latest thorium reactor breakthrough. Introducing the Dual Fluid Reactor - a groundbreaking new #Thorium ämoltensaltreactor design that is game-changing for several reasons. While traditional nuclear plants use a more than 50-year-old Technology based on uranium, the next generation of nuclear reactors is harnessing #Thorium, an element much more powerful and abundant than #uranium. With only one ton of Thorium, it is possible to generate the same amount of energy as with 200 tons of Uranium, and a dangerous meltdown is physically impossible! But what makes this new reactor truly amazing is the fact that it can burn nuclear waste. By untapping this resource and commercializing nuclear waste, this new #thoriumreactor could supply our entire world with clean and safe nuclear energy for up to 1000 years!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

leavesoftrees (12th February 2024), Vangelo (11th February 2024)

27. Link to Post #55
    Language
    Thanks

• Good News: Small Nuclear Thorium Reactors are Coming to Europe:

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Arcturian108 (20th February 2024), Dreamer148 (21st February 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3