+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 9 19 34 LastLast

Thread: The Technological Revolution: Artificial Intelligence and the Invisible Plague

1. Link to Post #161
    Canada Avalon Member Richard S.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 times in 309 posts

Default Re: The Technological Revolution: Artificial Intelligence and the Invisible Plague

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

I've recently taken to turning my laptop off at night (completely shut down). I never used to do that: I used to keep it closed but 'asleep', and often kept it in my bedroom.

The difference is marked, and I'm sleeping far better. To all those reading this, try it -- you may be very surprised.
    Unless you a have SSD hard drive, I wouldn't recommend it, you'll kill your hard drive faster...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard S. For This Post:

Jeffrey (9th February 2013), SilentFeathers (7th February 2013)

3. Link to Post #162
    United States Avalon Member 4evrneo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 492 posts

Default Re: The Technological Revolution: Artificial Intelligence and the Invisible Plague

I have a question for anyone here,

I have an ipod that is only used for meditative purposes. I put binaural beats, chanting, chakra meditation etc. on the ipod but what I am wondering is if I use
    it to listen to schumann resonance before going to sleep, would it have a positive effect and how do I know if these meditations are accurately using the schumann resonance? Does anyone know sources of accurate representations of Schumann resonance? Any advice with this is appreciated.

I am also thinking I need to make sure the wifi is off on my ipod when using it.

sorry if I went off topic a bit

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Christine (9th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), Jeffrey (9th February 2013), SilentFeathers (7th February 2013), tuku (14th February 2013)

5. Link to Post #163
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,142 times in 2,883 posts

Quote Posted by 4evrneo (here)
    I have a question for anyone here,

I have an ipod that is only used for meditative purposes. I put binaural beats, chanting, chakra meditation etc. on the ipod but what I am wondering is if I use
    it to listen to schumann resonance before going to sleep, would it have a positive effect and how do I know if these meditations are accurately using the schumann resonance? Does anyone know sources of accurate representations of Schumann resonance? Any advice with this is appreciated.

I am also thinking I need to make sure the wifi is off on my ipod when using it.

sorry if I went off topic a bit
    Perhaps an old portable CD player would be better to use next to your bed and brain at night than any gadget that has wireless or internet capability....
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

4evrneo (7th February 2013), Christine (9th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), Jeffrey (9th February 2013), JRS (13th February 2013), RMorgan (7th February 2013), spiritwind (9th February 2013)

7. Link to Post #164
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,100 times in 20,640 posts

"Earthing" is really, really important, especially for people who spend a lot of time in strong EMF fields.
    I would never be able to spend as much time on my computer as I do if I didn't walk in the woods regularly and spend as much time as I can sitting or lying on the ground.
    And the higher the ratio of earthing time to computer time, the better I feel.
    Truly, if I had the choice of living somewhere off the grid, I would certainly opt for that.
    I don't think there is anything more important, especially at this point in time, than living closely and in harmony with Nature.
    Imho, there is no tool we have that is potentially more powerful or more important than our own bodies.

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    Im reading this book right now, it constantly makes me think about this thread and subject matter for some reason. I sense it is somehow related, "Earth energy fields" that is....

Quote Earthing

Throughout most of evolution humans walked barefoot and slept on the ground, largely oblivious that the surface of the Earth contains limitless healing energy. Science has discovered this energy as free-flowing electrons constantly replenished by solar radiation and lightning. Few people know it, but the ground provides a subtle electric signal that maintains health and governs the intricate mechanisms that make our bodies work-just like plugging a lamp into a power socket makes it light up. Modern lifestyle, including the widespread use of insulative rubber or plastic-soled shoes, has disconnected us from this energy and, of course, we no longer sleep on the ground as we did in times past.

Earthing introduces the planet's powerful, amazing, and overlooked natural healing energy and how people anywhere can readily connect to it. This eye-opening book describes how the physical disconnect with the Earth creates abnormal physiology and contributes to inflammation, pain, fatigue, stress, and poor sleep. By reconnecting to the Earth, symptoms are rapidly relieved and even eliminated and recovery from surgery, injury, and athletic overexertion is accelerated.

http://www.amazon.com/Earthing-Most-.../dp/1591202833
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Christine (9th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), golden lady (9th February 2013), Jeffrey (9th February 2013), Joe Akulis (14th February 2013), Lettherebelight (7th February 2013), Limor Wolf (16th February 2013), Neal (11th February 2013), RMorgan (7th February 2013), SilentFeathers (7th February 2013), sllim11 (9th February 2013), ViralSpiral (9th February 2013)

9. Link to Post #165
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

I've recently taken to turning my laptop off at night (completely shut down). I never used to do that: I used to keep it closed but 'asleep', and often kept it in my bedroom.

The difference is marked, and I'm sleeping far better. To all those reading this, try it -- you may be very surprised.
    I´ve been doing that for a few years, Bill. lol

Every night, I not only turn off everything electronic in my bedroom, but I actually remove all their plugs from the sockets.

Whenever I can, I also turn off the main power switch.

It makes a huge difference indeed.

When I start building my new home, which I´m already planning, I´ll certainly design my bedroom to be a big Faraday cage.

Some people who suffer from severe electrosensitivity actually sleep inside faraday cages, like this one:

Source: http://electrosensitivity.blogspot.com.br/

Not a bad idea, that´s for sure.

Raf.
    Hi Raf
    This has just reminded me of an experience I had in the North Eastern Part of South Africa where I spent a lot of time rock climbing and hiking in my earlier days.
    We slept in these cages quite a few times, a guard against Malaria from mosquito bites, and they were also made of copper to prevent rust, I had many an OBE in these...so they certainly do not keep higher frequencies (Astral) in if you know what I mean and they certainly do not keep you from returning to your body...just one of the reasons I am sceptical about the use of alien technology to interface with our brain...my experience tells me it is all man made albeit much more advanced than the average person can comprehend. I do not beleive there is any device which can interface with the astral realms yet...people in seances have been experimenting for decades to contact the Astral planes with devices without success, although it is known that they can contact us using things like tape recorders and radios.
    Take care and sweet dreams in your cage
    Ray

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

4evrneo (8th February 2013), Christine (9th February 2013), Freed Fox (7th February 2013), Gardener (8th February 2013), Jeffrey (9th February 2013), JRS (13th February 2013), onawah (7th February 2013), RMorgan (7th February 2013), SilentFeathers (7th February 2013)

11. Link to Post #166
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 times in 346 posts

I too keep my computer on 24/7. I am not yet using my computer as my main telephone (skype) etc... but when enough of everybody else does start doing this I will too.

Too many old school types are so set in their ways they don't yet know they need not have a phone bill for long distance toll calls etc... (my parents in their 70s' for example.)

However, I have so far managed to avoid having wireless anything, but this is becoming harder I notice. ipods etc... offer no other way to connect to the web.
    I find this quite sinister.

My power company told me when asked 'do you intend installing smart meters? they said 'not at this stage' and 'no immediate plans'.

I consider this language to be the typical 'neither confirm nor deny' type talk that dodges the question. When you press them they will tell you 'I don't know'

I rang them to specifically enquire about this matter and was not much wiser after the call.

I did tell them that if they did, I would buy my power elsewhere and would consider they had breached our contract. I am on contract with them for 5 years in order to get a 15% discount on my bill which is worth about $30 per month. Oh well, that gives me time to save up and go solar!

However, I do fear that if they were to force these meters on me that I would be unable to find another power company that did not use them.

I did ask them to note that I had phoned specifically to notify them for their records and market research that I did NOT want such a device installed on my property.

I did also tell them why. That is important. For me it is the wireless issue and the radiating microwaves involved, apart from being spyed on and told how to live my life. I am already a very concious person who knows how much water and power they use, and I do not have meters on the water, but because I put it in drums first for defluridation, I know how much I use.

If they wanted to install a wired in device, that was something I would look at depending what it was.

At present we actually have the option of not even letting them on the property to read the meter and just let them estimate the power usage and ring up and give the exact numbers to them by phone if we want.

This is reasonably common since alot of people have enclosed their porches so the meter is not on the outside of the house anymore. Some meter readers are given keys or told where the key will be but I'm not that trusting myself. Others make an appointment for the meter readers.

Also dogs are a problem for them and maybe for you too if the meter readers get bitten!

I saw a case not so long ago where the dog was still sentenced to death even though the incident took place on the dogs property.

Obviously if you give figures that would raise doubts they will take the matter further, people have been prosecuted for tampering with meters and stealing power before and I strongly suggest being honest with them and not giving them a reason to put the spotlight on you.
    That sort of behaviour only gives them more excuses to want to install smart meters in the first place.

If they suspect you of stealing power they will estimate how much they think you have stolen and they never underestimate that! in fact they grossly exaggerate it.

This I know from newspaper articles warning us all, not from personal experience.

Oh, and of course, have a nice day!
    Last edited by HaveBlue; 8th February 2013 at 04:29.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

Jeffrey (9th February 2013), SilentFeathers (8th February 2013), ViralSpiral (9th February 2013)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

Post has been UPDATE 2-8-2013, 3:59PM EST

This is a re-cap post to what I think is going on. I will put together another post soon to explain in more detail why I think this.

I think the huge super computer is not being built, I think it is built and up and running. It's, well, processing data, and doing it in very strange ways.

Just imagine what a super computer can do with data collected from brainwaves and thought patterns, collecting thoughts on the surface and deep within all the minds on the planet, conscious and sub-consciousness so to speak...it can basically teach itself to be more human like....it will be able to "think" and basically quite accurately predict behaviors reactions, emotions, actions, etc etc etc.

Talk about knowing the thoughts of an enemy.....or of your own population in your own nation. Talk about a tool/machine to use to manipulate, control, and or enslave a species!

I truly believe that this super computer was created by mankind, not aliens as some suggest. These scuttler's/spider like machines that some people think they are seeing, are us, we ourselves, actually seeing in our minds, the working parts of the main motherboard and or hard-drive so to speak of this super-computer. Our brainwaves and thought patterns, our electrical and magnetic fields (consciousness) has been integrated into the wireless loop of this supercomputer In My Opinion.

The scuttler's are the data processors just like how google spiders work, but this super computer is way beyond our normal laptop or PC, its wireless and running off of brainwaves, thought patterns, electrical/magnetic fields of our bodies and of the Earth.

They finally did it!

PS: This supercomputer is not just reading/entering the minds and thought patterns of only humans, it's collecting data on everything with an electrical/magnetic field, anything that is capable of thinking or surviving/living with any type of frequency/energy field what so ever, such as animals, bugs, and plant life too.....

...and even the Mother Earth herself.

PS Again: Personally. I do not think it is only collecting data, I also think it is experimenting with "inserting" data too....

Update:

Just an added thought pertaining to why I think the "Earthing" book I'm reading right now may tie in to this...

I think this technology actually works better with organic/biological things when they are grounded. But, humans are not so well grounded; but because we are not well grounded (they know this), they would of had to come up with a plan to make us seem or act as we were grounded or synthetically ground us.....hence, insert/contaminate us with metals that act as a signal/electromagnetic antenna ....enter in mercury in vaccines, aluminum and other metals in chem-trails ...all this stuff is in most of our food and our water too. Our bodies are loaded with all kinds of metals (especially aluminum and other VERY HEAVY dangerous chem-trail metals). Although we may not be grounded well, we surely are detectable (easy targets) for this technology now because of this in my opinion. Besides, I feel they can quite precisely dial into our frequency too, which we emit regardless if we are well grounded or not.

....just thinking....

Quote The first thing that you must fully understand is that we are all electromagnetic entities! Every single cell in our bodies is a tiny electric storage battery and generator. Every organ is part of an electrical grid. We live and breathe with electromagnetism. It is everywhere all around us. The air we inhale is full of electromagnetism, as are the clothes and fabrics, which cover our bodies. Within our bodies, this electricity flows through us like water through an extremely complex network of river channels.

Qigong & The Power of Magnetic Fields
    http://developyourenergy.net/qigong-...gnetic-fields/
    Quote THE BIO-ENERGY FIELD The body has an energy field - more accurately, the bio-energy field has a body. That bio-energy field is a field of light encoded information. In the ancient Celtic tradition they had a word for photon called "lutz" or light encoded information. You can think of that bioenergy field as a holographic image of yourself. There is a holographic image of yourself for every cell in your body, every molecule in your body, and one for all of you. We relate to this physical body as reality just as we relate to this table as reality. Literally they are holographic morphogenic images of energy. There is a vast distance in between every nucleus of the atom and its electrons, and in between there is just vacuum, space, nothing else. That is what physical reality is made up of. So literally, our bodies are really holographic images. Holographic images of reality are held together by photons that carry information that tell everything above them, the electrons and the atoms, and everything below them where they need to be and what they need to do. Photons remember where everything is. They have memory and they have information carrying potential.

WE ARE ALL ELECTROMAGNETIC BEINGS The human body grounds electromagnetic radiation in the environment because of the electrical conductivity of our body. It is attracted to us. All living systems are based on electromagnetic energy. Every cell in your body is generating an electromagnetic field, every plant, every rock, the planet itself, the whole universe is made up of energy. It is true that man-made electromagnetic radiation is not the only source of random photons in the environment, but the problem is these frequencies which we have never encountered before are a whole different spectrum of frequencies than the living system uses.

THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS
    http://www.consumerhealth.org/articl...19990303201129
    Electromagnetic radiation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_radiation

This may not be the same super computer I am talking about, but I am sure it is one somewhat similar...

Quote NSA Building A $2 Billion Quantum Computer Artificial Intelligence Spy Center, March 18, 2012

The NSA is a data center to house a 512 qubit quantum computer capable of learning, reproducing the brain’s cognitive functions, and programming itself.

The National Security Center is building a highly fortified $2 Billion highly top secret complex simply named the “Utah Data Center” which will soon be home to the Hydrogen bomb of cybersecurity – A 512 Qubit Quantum Computer — which will revitalize the “total information awareness” program originally envisioned by George Bush in 2003.

The news of the data center comes after Department of Defense contractor Lockheed Martin secured a contract with D-Wave for $10 million for a 512 qubit Quantum Computer code-named Vesuvius.

Vesuvius is capable of executing a massive number of computations at once, more than 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0, which is would take millions of years on a standard desktop.

The computer will be able to crack crack even the most secure encryption and will give the US government a quantum leap into technologies once only dreamed of including the rise of the world’s very first all-knowing omniscient self-teaching artificial intelligence.

The D-Wave Quantum computer boasts of a wide array of features including:

Binary classification – Enables the quantum computer to be fed vast amounts of complex input data, including text, images, and videos and label the material
    Quantum Unsupervised Feature Learning QUFL – Enables the computer to learn on its own, as well as create and optimize its own programs to make itself run more efficiently.
    Temporal QUFL – Enables the Computer to predict the future based in information it learns through Binary classification and the QUFL feature.
    Artificial Intelligence Via Quantum Neural Network – Enables the computer to completely reconstruct the human brain’s cognitive processes and teach itself how to make better decisions and better predict the future based.

D-Wave’s 512-qubit chip, code-named Vesuvius

http://information-machine.blogspot....puter.html?m=1
    Other interesting and possibly related material....

Quote Combining Artificial Intelligence with Mind Control
    http://www.engineering.com/Videos/Vi...d-Control.aspx
    Quote Army developing ‘synthetic telepathy’
    Similar technology marketed as a way to control video games by thought

The U.S. Army is developing a technology known as synthetic telepathy that would allow someone to create email or voice mail and send it by thought alone. The concept is based on reading electrical activity in the brain using an electroencephalograph, or EEG.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27162401/
    Quote ==Mind control==

Conspiracy theory and popular science fiction would have the world believe that the human mind can be remotely controlled. That individuals can be turned into mindless automatons and directly controlled by computers to produce sleepers or assassins. (ref 30) The reality is much less clear.

Interfacing remotely to write to the brain is performed using electrical interference rather like crosstalk (electronics). (ref 31) Much like a drill next to a television, the interference pattern is processed by the brain as information, a variant which induces sensations and feelings is known as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. (ref 32) As such, an externally generated monologue will be weaker than the internal monologue of the target subject due to a lesser signal strength. An over-powering signal would interrupt a wide range of neural functions that could impact critical autonomic systems resulting in death.

Two possible methods exist that could result in an individual killing another through the use of synthetic telepathy. The first is to leverage the natural behavior of the target subject, that is, use an individual who would kill another. The second is to induce psychotic symptoms and diminish their mental control (ref 33, 34) In both cases, the underlying mechanics are the same, to provide impulses and sensations that urge the individual to commit murder. This is not hypnosis, but merely physiological manipulation without the knowledge of the target.

Another area of interest and arguably more feasible, is the manipulation of political figures. (ref 35)Thoughts, sensations and impulses can be combined to influence political and personal decision making processes. A similar process can be used to effect the population at large to drive agendas or to maintain power for certain groups, undermining free will and self-expression. (ref 36) As the technology matures and expands to regimes throughout the globe, this will be a major source of concern for governments world-wide.
    http://deepthought.newsvine.com/_new...e-hidden-truth
    Quote "The HBP will build new platforms for “neuromorphic computing” and “neurorobotics”, allowing researchers to develop new computing systems and robots based on the architecture and circuitry of the brain," EFPL scientists said in a statement this week.

The Swiss project likened the research to the Large Hadron's Collider's exploration of the subatomic world, describing the Human Brain project as a, "CERN for the brain."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/billion-eur...120811728.html

Quote Qualcomm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualcomm

Kyocera
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyocera

This one is really interesting...
    Iridium Communications
    a system of 66 active satellites used for worldwide voice and data communication from hand-held satellite phones and other transceiver units. The Iridium network is unique in that it covers the whole Earth, including poles, oceans and airways. The company derives its name from the chemical element iridium. The number of satellites projected in the early stages of planning was 77, the atomic number of iridium, evoking the metaphor of 77 electrons orbiting the nucleus.
    The system is being used extensively by the U.S. Department of Defense through the DoD gateway in Hawaii.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridium_Satellite_LLC

Iridium satellite constellation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridium..._constellation
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 8th February 2013 at 20:59.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Christine (9th February 2013), Conchis (8th February 2013), gripreaper (9th February 2013), Jeffrey (9th February 2013), Limor Wolf (16th February 2013), RMorgan (8th February 2013), ViralSpiral (9th February 2013)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks

Quote Within the digital world a new gold mine has been discovered by marketing firms and advertisers. Data is the new oil of the 21st century. They rely on Internet browsers and cooperating websites to track users activity to create detailed psychological profiles. Google has announced that it will use microphones in personal computers and cell phones to listen for ambient background noise. AI programs will target them with specialized ads based on what it hears.
    http://shiftfrequency.com/daniel-tay...re/#more-21931

Please refer to my post on the first page for the PDF of some of the top data-mining companies as well.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AnthonyBacala For This Post:

4evrneo (8th February 2013), Jeffrey (9th February 2013), RMorgan (8th February 2013), SilentFeathers (8th February 2013), ViralSpiral (9th February 2013)

17. Link to Post #169
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AnthonyBacala (here)
    Quote Within the digital world a new gold mine has been discovered by marketing firms and advertisers. Data is the new oil of the 21st century. They rely on Internet browsers and cooperating websites to track users activity to create detailed psychological profiles. Google has announced that it will use microphones in personal computers and cell phones to listen for ambient background noise. AI programs will target them with specialized ads based on what it hears.
    http://shiftfrequency.com/daniel-tay...re/#more-21931

Please refer to my post on the first page for the PDF of some of the top data-mining companies as well.
    Can you post the link for the PDF of some of the top data mining companies? I looked all over for it and can't find it.

Thanks, BTW, thats a pretty interesting blog!

ADDED: I found the link, please disregard....
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 8th February 2013 at 17:36.
    SilentFeathers

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

4evrneo (8th February 2013), AnthonyBacala (8th February 2013), Jeffrey (9th February 2013)

19. Link to Post #170
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

The voice in the video was that of Tom Campbell.
    Tom Campbell began researching altered states of consciousness with Bob Monroe Journeys Out Of The Body, Far Journeys, and The Ultimate Journey) at Monroe Laboratories in the early 1970s where he and a few others were instrumental in getting Monroe’s laboratory for the study of consciousness up and running. These early drug-free consciousness pioneers helped design experiments, developed the technology for creating specific altered states, and were the main subjects of study (guinea pigs) all at the same time. Campbell has been experimenting with, and exploring the subjective and objective mind ever since. For the past thirty years, Campbell has been focused on scientifically exploring the properties, boundaries, and abilities of consciousness.

During that same time period, he has excelled as a working scientist, a professional physicist dedicated to pushing back the frontiers of cutting edge technology, large-system simulation, technology development and integration, and complex system vulnerability and risk analysis. Presently, and for the past 20 years, he has been at the heart of developing US missile defense systems.

Source: http://www.transcend.ws/tom-campbell...ed-simulation/
    In the video below, theoretical physicist Dr. Sylvester James Gates speaks about the computer-like codes discovered deep within equations used to describe the nature of our reality (if anything, at least watch this video).

Here is a PDF of the article spoken about in the video (about Adinkra symbols and computer codes):

http://www.onbeing.org/sites/onbeing...olsofpower.pdf

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Also, here is trans-humanist proponent Nick Bostrom explaining the simulation argument.

See also: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1957777.html

Last edited by Jeffrey; 9th February 2013 at 03:48.

20. Link to Post #171
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This is fascinating! Immediately after reading this I began to think about hollowed out -- possibly artificial -- planetary bodies, or satellites orbiting planetary bodies (i.e. mock moons).
    A Dyson sphere is a hypothetical megastructure originally described by Freeman Dyson. Such a "sphere" would be a system of orbiting solar-power satellites meant to completely encompass a star and capture most or all of its energy output. Dyson speculated that such structures would be the logical consequence of the long-term survival and escalating energy needs of a technological civilization, and proposed that searching for evidence of the existence of such structures might lead to the detection of advanced intelligent extraterrestrial life.

Since then, other variant designs involving building an artificial structure or series of structures to encompass a star have been proposed in exploratory engineering or described in science fiction under the name "Dyson sphere". These later proposals have not been limited to solar-power stations. Many involve habitation or industrial elements. Most fictional depictions describe a solid shell of matter enclosing a star, which is considered the least plausible variant of the idea.

[...]

The concept of the Dyson sphere was the result of a thought experiment by physicist and mathematician Freeman Dyson, when he theorized that all technological civilizations constantly increased their demand for energy [...] He proposed a system of orbiting structures (which he referred to initially as a shell) designed to intercept and collect all energy produced by the Sun. Dyson's proposal did not detail how such a system would be constructed, but focused only on issues of energy collection.

[...]

In fictional accounts, the Dyson-sphere concept is often interpreted as an artificial hollow sphere of matter around a star. This perception is based on a literal interpretation of Dyson's original short paper introducing the concept. In response to letters prompted by this paper, Dyson replied, "A solid shell or ring surrounding a star is mechanically impossible. The form of 'biosphere' which I envisaged consists of a loose collection or swarm of objects traveling on independent orbits around the star."

[...]

A Dyson ring — the simplest form of the Dyson swarm.

[...]

The variant closest to Dyson's original conception is the "Dyson swarm". It consists of a large number of independent constructs ... orbiting in a dense formation around the star. This construction approach has advantages: components could be sized appropriately, and it can be constructed incrementally. Various forms of wireless energy transfer could be used to transfer energy between components and earth.

[...]

A second type of Dyson sphere is the "Dyson bubble". It would be similar to a Dyson swarm, composed of many independent constructs (usually solar power satellites and space habitats) and likewise could be constructed incrementally.

[...]

The variant of the Dyson sphere most often depicted in fiction is the "Dyson shell": a uniform solid shell of matter around the star.

[...]

Another possibility is the "Dyson net", a web of cables strung about the star which could have power or heat collection units strung between the cables. The Dyson net reduces to a special case of Dyson shell or bubble, however, depending on how the cables are supported against the sun's gravity.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere
    What a mind flexer! This concept correlates with the idea of technologically advanced "loosh" collectors (on a massive scale). There are more ideas to be explored that basically extrapolate the concept of the Dyson Sphere/Net to encompass bits of theory from morphogenetic fields and the subtle, filamentary aspects of mind as it pertains to us and synthetic intelligence.

The energy of a star is one thing, but what about harvesting a distilled energy that is rarer and comes from phenomena unique to organic life? Maybe the concept of the Dyson Sphere somehow correlates with the esoteric notion of the Eighth Sphere.

Lastly, here are some excerpts from Robert Monroe's book, Far Journeys:
    Someone, Somewhere (or both, in millions, or uncountable) requires, likes, needs, values, collects, drinks, eats, or uses as a drug a substance ident Loosh. (Electricity, oil, oxygen, gold, wheat, water, land, old coins, uranium.) This is a rare substance in Somewhere, and those who possess Loosh find it vital for whatever it is used for. Faced with this question of Supply and Demand (a universal law of Somewhere), Someone decided to produce it artificially, so to speak, rather than search for it in its "natural" form. He decided to build a Garden and grow Loosh.

[...]

Someone, his work completed, returned to Somewhere and occupied himself with other matters. Loosh production stayed at a constant level under the supervision of the Collectors.

[...]

The Loosh harvest initially involved the creation of natural disasters (earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.), to kill off large numbers of creatures, since Loosh was easier to gather upon the deaths of the organisms generating it. Then it was discovered that different forms of "stress" generated in the human population would release Loosh without having to kill the organism.

This was because Someone, as an experiment, injected a "Piece of Himself" into the human species. This was done to maintain more or less constant stress in each individual since the human would always "seek to satisfy the attraction this tiny mote of Himself engendered as it sought reunion with the infinite Whole."

From experience, the Collectors have evolved an entire technology with complementary tools for the harvesting of Loosh from the Type 4M [i.e. human] units. The most common have been named love, friendship, family, greed, hate, pain, guilt, disease, pride, ambition, ownership, possession, sacrifice -- and on a larger scale, nations, provincialism, wars, famine, religion, machines, freedom, industry, trade, to list just a few. Loosh production is higher than ever before.

Source: http://www.jamesdekorne.com/NewDawn/obegnostic.htm
    With respect to this post and the previous one, see this post from the first page: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post627879
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 9th February 2013 at 05:10.

21. Link to Post #172
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

In line with the last two posts, post #12, and this post from the first page ...

Quote Posted by Vivek (here)
    Thanks be to Rahkyt -- -- for posting this.

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    More Saturn stuff. I've looked at them all and they are relevant.

First a vid series about Saturn as a "spiritual-numerical entity". A super-computer.

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2...n-and-666.html

Excerpt:
    Quote “The ancient name of Saturn was, as mentioned, EL. It is the reason why those that were chosen by EL, were called Elites. In fact the words, Elect, Elder, Elevated, Elohim, Temple, Circle, Gospel, Apostle, Disciple, Evangelists, etc., all derive from the Cult of EL. Angels are messengers of god. But god was EL, which is why we have the names of the Archangels bearing the ‘el,’ suffix - Raphael, Michael, Uriel, Gabriel, etc,.” -Michael Tsarion, “Astrotheology and Sidereal Mythology”
    http://illuminatiwatcher.com/?p=4673
    Excerpt:
    Quote David Talbot’s book ‘Saturn Myth’ explains that during the cataclysm of Saturn, there was a luminous crescent around what we saw as our sun at the time. This crescent/disk combination of the sun is where we get the horned goddess symbolism. Troy McLachlan details a similar story on his website. Icke relates this crescent and disk to the explanation for several corporate logos (e.g. Nike swoosh) and ancient depictions.

Ba’al aka Moloch is also symbolized as a bull with Saturn in middle of its crescent shaped horns. The horns create a ‘U’ type shape which is supposedly the crescent seen during the Saturn cataclysm. Moloch is another symbol of Saturn and the bull is found all over the place if you look. The infamous devil horns are simply a recreation of the evil forces of Saturn. The political leaders we see making the ‘rockstar’ devil horns is supposedly a subtle message of symbolism to one another.
    I'm a big fan of Kubrick (RIP) so I'm including this one:
    http://saturndeathcult.com/crimes-of...rn-death-cult/
    Excerpt:
    Quote During a March 6, 2011 interview on Red Ice Radio, Weidner asserted that Kubrick had originally wanted to set the story’s monolith on the planet Saturn as it is written in the Arthur C. Clarke novel of the same name and not on Jupiter as it appears in Kubrick’s film. However, the special effects team apparently could not replicate Saturn’s rings well enough and Jupiter was substituted into the plot.

Weidner doesn’t buy this. He believes Kubrick was pressured to make the changes by highly placed occultists worried that the film was too blatant in its depiction of the role played by Saturn in their occult human transmutation agenda. However, from the perspective of this website’s core theme there are enough eerily familiar images in 2001: A Space Odyssey to suggest that Kubrick did in fact get ‘Saturn’ into his film.
    I'll end with this short video of Phillip K. Dick, back in 1977. Timelines, the Matrix as Computer Simulation, etc.

The evidence is out there and people know about it. Putting it together in the context of ultradimensional control is the last step in understanding the way to total freedom from control.
    By the way ...

This isn't a thread for beliefs. This isn't a thread for answers. This isn't a thread for facts.

This is a thread for ideas -- for exploring the possibilities of the aforementioned isn'ts.

Please, feel free to share. Let's collaborate!

22. Link to Post #173
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The following excerpts were taken from an interview with Credo Mutwa, a Zulu Shaman. I am posting this here, within the context of this thread. Undoubtedly, it belongs in a few other threads as well.
    It has often been said that the Native Elders of any given tribe hold the keys to knowledge. This statement has never been more clearly confirmed than in the recent interview I had the great privilege to conduct with Zulu “Sanusi” (Shaman) Credo Mutwa, now nearing eighty years of age.

[...]

The astonishing information presented by Credo Mutwa is certainly thought provoking and far-reaching in both implications and scope. Once you read this information you will more readily understand why there have been attempts to silence him. Similarly, you will more deeply appreciate Credo’s courage for coming forth and speaking truth, no matter the consequences to self.

So, without further introductory commentary, let the interview begin.

[...]

Credo Mutwa: The people of Rwanda, the Hutu people, as well as the Watusi people, state, and they are not the only people in Africa who state this, that their very oldest ancestors were a race of beings whom they called the Imanujela, which means “the Lords who have come”. And some tribes in West Africa, such as a Bambara people, also say the same thing. They say that they came from the sky, many, many generations ago, a race of highly advanced and fearsome creatures which looked like men, and they call them Zishwezi. The word Zishwezi means the dival or the glidal-creatures that can glide down from the sky or glide through water.

Everybody, sir, has heard about the Dogon people in Western Africa who all say that they were given culture by the normal beings, but they are not-the Dogon people are but one of many, many peoples in Africa who claim that their tribe or their king were first founded by the supernatural race of creatures that came from the sky.

Are you still with me, sir?

Martin: Oh yes, very much so. Please continue.

Credo Mutwa: Sir, I can go on and on, but let me bring you to my people, the Zulu people of South Africa.

Martin: Please.

Credo Mutwa: The Zulu people, who are famous as a warrior people, the people to whom King Shaka Zulu, of the last century, belonged. When you ask a South African White anthropologist what the name of Zulu means, he will say it means “the sky” (laughter), and therefore the Zulu call themselves “people of the sky”. That, sir, is non-sense. In the Zulu language, our name for the sky, the blue sky, is sibakabaka. Our name for inter-planetary space, however, is izulu and the weduzulu, which means “inter-planetary space, the dark sky that you see with stars in it every night”, also has to do with traveling, sir. The Zulu word for traveling at random, like a nomad or a gypsy, is izula.

Now, you can see that the Zulu people in South Africa were aware of the fact that you can travel through space-not through the sky like a bird-but you can travel through space, and the Zulus claim that many, many thousands of years ago there arrived, out of the skies, a race of people who were like lizards, people who could change shape at will. And people who married their daughters to a walking (extraterrestrial), and produced a power race of Kings and tribal Chiefs, there are hundreds of fairy-tales, sir, in which a lizard female assumes the identity of a human princess and poses as her, and gets married to a Zulu Prince.

[...]

Now, sir, this story has got many versions in it. Throughout South Africa, amongst many tribes, you’ll find stories of these amazing creatures who are capable of changing from reptile to human being, and from reptile to any other animal of their choice. And these creatures, sir, do really exist. No matter where you go throughout Southern, Eastern, Western, and Central Africa, you’ll find that the description of these creatures is the same. Even amongst tribes which never, throughout their long history, had contact with each other at all.

[...]

It is said that these creatures feed on us human beings; that they, at one time, challenged God Himself to war, because they wanted full control of the universe. And God fought a terrible battle against them and He defeated them, injured them, and forced them to hide in cities underground.

They hide in deep cavities underground, because they are always feeling cold. In these cavities, we are told, there are huge fires which are kept going by slaves, human, zombie-like slaves. And, it is further said that these Zuswazi, these Imbulu, or whatever you choose to call them, are not capable of eating solid food. They either eat human blood, or they eat that power, the energy that is generated when human beings, on the surface of the Earth, are fighting and killing each other in large numbers.

I met people who have fled from the early Masaki in Rwanda, from years ago, and these people were horrified by what was happening in their country. They said that the slaughter of the Hutus by the Watusi, and the Watusi by the Hutus, is actually feeding the Imanujela, monsters. Because the Imanujela like to inhale the energy that is generated by masses of people being terrified or being killed by other people.

[...]

Now, let me point out an interesting thing, sir. If you study the languages of all African nations, you find within the languages of our people words which are similar to Oriental, Middle-Eastern, and even Native American words. And the word Imanujela means “the Lord who came”. A word that anyone can discover in Rwanda, amongst the Rwandan Hutu and Watusi people, is very similar to the Herbrew word Immanuel, which means “the Lord is with us”. Imanujela, “the ones who came, the Lords who are here”.

Our people believe, sir, that we, the people of this Earth, are not masters of our own lives, really, although we are made to think that we are. Our people say, that is, Black people of all tribes, all of the initiated ones, all of the shamans everywhere in Africa, when they get to trust you and share their deepest secrets with you, they say that [with] the Imanujela, there is Imbulu. And there is another name by which these creatures are known. This name is Chitauli. Now, the word Chitauli means “the dictators, the ones who tell us the law”. In other words, “they who tell us, secretly, what we are to do”. Now, it is said that these Chitauli did a number of things to us when they came to this planet.

Please forgive me, but I must share this story with you. It is one of the strangest stories that you find everywhere in Africa in shamanic secret societies and other places where the remnant of our ancient knowledge and wisdom are still preserved. It is that, originally, the Earth was covered by a very thick blanket of fog or mist. That people could not actually see the Sun in the sky, except as a nimble of light. And they also saw the Moon at night as a gentle claw of light in the sky, because there was this heavy mist. And the rain was always falling in a steady drizzle. There was no thunder, however. There were no storms.

The world was thickly covered with great forests, great jungles, and people lived in peace on Earth at that time. People were happy and it is said, at that time, we human beings did not have the power of speech. We only made funny sounds like happy monkeys and baboons, but we did not have speech as we now have it. And in those centuries, people spoke to each other through their mind.

A man could call his wife thinking about her, thinking about the shape of her face, the smell of her body, and the feel of hair as a woman. That a hunter would go out into the bush and call out for animals to come, and the animals would select one of their number which was old and tired, and this animal would offer itself to the hunter so that he may kill it quickly and take it as meat to his cave.

There was no violence against animals. There was no violence against Nature by human beings at that time. Man used to ask for food from Nature. He used to come to a tree and think about fruit, and the tree would allow some of its fruit to fall to the ground, and man would take it.

And then it is said, however, that when the Chitauli came to Earth, they arrived in terrible vessels which flew through the air, vessels which were shaped like great bowls and which made a terrible noise and a terrible fire in the sky. And the Chitauli told human beings, whom they gathered together by force with whips of lightning, that they were great gods from the sky and that from now on they would receive a number of great gifts from the god. These so-called gods, who were like human beings, but very tall, with a long tail, and with terrible burning eyes, some of them had two eyes-yellow, bright eyes-some had three eyes, the red, round eye being in the center of their forehead. These creatures then took away the great powers that human beings had: the power of speaking through the mind only, the power of moving objects with their mind only, the power of seeing into the future and into their past, and the power to travel, spiritually, to different worlds.

All of these great powers the Chitauli took away from human beings and they gave human beings a new power, now, the power of speech. But, human beings found, to their horror, that the power of speech divided human beings, instead of uniting them, because the Chitauli cunningly created different languages, and they caused a great quarrel between people. Also, the Chitauli did something which has never been done before: they gave human beings people to rule over them, and they said, “These are your kings, these are your chiefs. They have our blood in them. They are our children, and you must listen to these people because they will speak on our behalf. If you don’t, we are going punish you very terribly.”

Before the coming of the Chitauli, before the coming of the Imbulu creatures, human beings were spiritually one. But when the Chitauli came, human beings became divided, both spiritually as well as by language.

And then, human beings were given strange new feelings by the Chitauli. Human beings started to feel unsafe, and so they started making villages with very strong fences of wood around them. Human beings started becoming country makers. In other words, they started creating tribes and tribe lands, which had borders, which they defended against any possible enemy. Human beings became ambitious and greedy and they wanted to acquire wealth in the form of cattle, and sea shells.

[...]

Now, the Chitauli, further, removed the sacred rain-bringing mist from the sky and for the first time since creation, human beings looked up and saw stars, and the Chitauli told human beings that they have been wrong in believing that God dwelt under the Earth. “From now on,” the Chitauli told people of this Earth, “the people of Earth must believe that God is in Heaven and they must do things here on Earth which would please this God who is in Heaven.”

You see, originally, human beings had believed that God was underground, that she was a very great mother who dwelt under the Earth because they saw all the green things growing from under the Earth-the grass came from below ground, the trees grew from below ground, and the people had believed, therefore, that the dead people who died go underground. But when the Chitauli turned humans’ eyes towards the sky, people started believing, now, that God is in the sky and that those who die from this Earth don’t go underground, but go up into the sky.

[...]

So, even today, sir, all over Africa amongst hundreds of tribes, you find this strange double-belief that the dead go into the sky, and side-by-side with the belief that the dead die and go under the Earth. This belief that the dead die and go under the Earth is said to date to the days when our people believed that God was a woman, the great Cosmic Mother. And, it is contrasted by the Abapezulu belief that God is a man who dwells in the sky.

Now, sir, another thing that the Chitauli told our people, it is said, is that we human beings are here on Earth to change the Earth and to make it suitable for “God” to come down one day and dwell in it. And it is said that they who work to change this Earth and make it safe for the serpent god, the Chitauli, to come and dwell in it, will be rewarded with great power and with great wealth.

Sir, as I have watched over many years of study, over many years of initiation of the mysteries of African shamanism, wisdom, and knowledge, I have found myself wondering why we human beings are actually destroying the Earth on which we live. We are doing something which is only done by one other species of animal, namely, the African elephant, which utterly destroys every tree in the place in which it dwells.

We human beings are doing exactly this. And wherever you go in Africa, where once there were great ancient civilizations, you find desert. For example, there is the Kalahari desert in South Africa, and under the sands of that desert, I have found the ruins of ancient cities, which means that human beings turned this stretch of land, which was once green and fertile, into a desert. And, in days when I was with explorers and safari people in the Sahara regions of Africa, I also found evidence of unbelievably ancient human habitation in places where there is nothing now but angry rock and whispering sand.

In other words, the Sahara Desert was once a fertile country and was turned into a desert by human beings. Why? I must ask myself, again and again, why are human beings being driven by insecurity, greed, and lust of power to turn the Earth into a desert in which, ultimately, no human being would ever be able to live? Why?

Although we are all aware of the terrible dangers that this will bring about, why are we cutting huge areas of jungle in Africa? Why are we on Earth carrying out the instructions which the Chitauli programmed into us? Although my mind refuses to accept this, the answer is a terrible yes, yes, yes.

[...]

One other thing that our people say is that the Chitauli prey upon us like vultures. They raise some of us, they fill some of us with great anger and great ambition, and they make these people they’ve raised into great warriors who make terrible war. But, in the end, the Chitauli do not allow these great leaders, these great war chiefs and kings, to die peacefully. The warrior chief is used to make as much war as possible, to kill as many of his people, and those he calls enemies, as possible, and then, in the end, the warrior chief dies a terrible death, with his blood being spilled by others.

[...]

Now, all these things, if you bring them together, they show that whether people laugh at this or not, whether people scoff at this or not, there is a certain power that is guiding we human beings toward the dark river of self-destruction. And the sooner many of us become aware of this, the better, perhaps, we might be able to deal with it.

Martin: Do you believe that these beings are around the world equally, or are they primarily focused in Africa?

Credo Mutwa: Sir, I believe that these creatures are everywhere on Earth, and with respect, sir, although I hate talking about myself so much, I am a person who has traveled to many parts of the world. I have been to your country, the United States, sir. I have been to Australia. I have been to Japan, amongst other countries.

And no matter where I have gone, sir, I have found people telling me about creatures like this. For example, in 1997, I visited Australia, sir, and I traveled a lot to try and find the Black people of Australia, the Aborigine. And when I did find them, they told me a number of things that astonished me very, very much. The same things that I’d found in Japan, I found in Taiwan. Everywhere where there are still shaman and traditional healers, you find these amazing stories.

Now, let me tell you, sir, what I found in Australia alone. This, that the Australian Aborigine people, who call themselves Coorie, which means “our people”: The Coorie people of Australia believe in a great creating god called Byamie, sir. A Coorie shaman, in fact, several of them, drew me pictures of this Byamie, and one of them showed me a rock painting representing this strange creator god who came out of the stars. And when they placed their drawing in front of me, what they showed was a Chitauli. I recognized it from my African initiation. It had a large head. It had large eyes, which were stressed by the artist. It had no mouth, and it had long arms and incredibly long legs. Sir, this was a typical depiction of a Chitauli which I knew from my own people in Africa.

I asked myself “Why?” Here I am in a country many thousands of miles away from Africa, and here I am seeing a being known as the Biamai or Bimi, who is a creature with which I, the African, am familiar.

Amongst the Native American people, sir, I found, for example, amongst certain tribes in America, tribes such as the Hopi people, and those people who stay in those buildings called a pueblo, I found that these people-they have got what are called Katchina creatures, where people wear masks and disguise themselves as certain creatures. And some of these Katchinas are very, very tall, with a huge round head.

Exactly as we have in Africa, I found similar creatures in America. In Africa we call these creatures Egwugwu, or, we call them by another name, called Chinyawu. The Katchina of the Native American people, and the Chinyawu of our people, are identical beings. Now, why should this be? When were American Native people and Africans in contact? When? This is one of the greatest mysteries of all time, sir. It is one of many things that I found throughout the world which left me utterly amazed.

[...]

Why are we running around in a great circle of self-destruction and mutual-destruction?

People are basically good; I believe this. People don’t want to start wars. People don’t want to destroy the world in which they stay, but there are creatures, or there is power that is driving we human beings toward self-annihilation. And the sooner we recognize this, the better.

[...]

Look, please, sir. Anyone who studies humanity with love, with understanding, and with care, recognizes the fact that there is a shining God which is struggling to be born within each and every one of us. We are trying to fight back, although many of us are not yet aware of this. We are developing an attitude of wanting to protect our planet, no matter who or what we are.

There are chiefs in Africa who fine you very heavily if they see you destroying a tree unnecessarily. This thing was common in the past, but it disappeared with the coming of the White people; but now it has come back again.

Man is becoming, is struggling to become a more advanced, more caring being, and the aliens are not going to take this lying down. They are going to cause us to kill each other, again. And I am worried about what is going to happen.

[...]

We must investigate, sir, because there is every sign that the alien creatures sharing this planet with us are getting desperate. Why? Because, you see, there is a great fight shaping up, and anyone who thinks deeply about such things can see this fight coming.

[...]

Jabulon, sir, is a very strange god. He is supposed to be the leader of the Chitauli. He is a god, to my great surprise, which I find certain groups of White people, especially, worshipping. We have known about Jabulon for many, many centuries, we Black people. But I am surprised that there are White people who worship this god, and these people, amongst them are people whom many have blamed for all the things that have happened on this Earth, namely, the Freemason people. We believe that Jabulon is the leader of the Chitauli. He is the Old One. And one of his names, in the African language, sir, is Umbaba-Samahongo-“the lord king, the great father of the terrible eyes”-because we believe that Jabulon has got one eye which, if he opens it, you die if he looks at you.

It is said, sir, the Umbaba ran away from an eastern land during a power struggle with one of his sons, and he took refuge in Central Africa, where he hides in a cave, deep underground. And it is an amazing thing, sir-it is said that under the Mountains of the Moon in Zaire is this great city of copper, of many thousands of shining buildings. There dwells the god Umbaba or Jabulon. And this god is waiting for the day when the surface of the Earth will be cleared of human beings so that he, and his children, the Chitauli, can come out and enjoy the heat of the Sun.

[...]

Martin: Now, it’s been said-I’ve heard that these beings are very controlling and they thrive on “divide and conquer”.

Credo Mutwa: Yes, they do, sir. They set human being against human being. I could give you many amusing examples, using some African language, how the Chitauli are said to have divided human beings. They like-do you know who they like, sir? They like religious fanatics.

Martin: (Laughter)

Credo Mutwa: Ones who are burdened by too much religion are very popular with the Chitauli.

[...]

Human beings have never known any real progress, sir, because there have been forces that have been stopping us from reaching our rightful position in the universe, and I mean the Chitauli, I mean the Mantindane, I mean the Midzimu. We must stop regarding these creatures as super-human creatures. They are just parasites who need us more than we need them. And only a fool will ever deny the fact that we are not the only intelligent species of being that this planet has produced.

Source: http://www.metatech.org/credo_mutwa.html
    Again, this is presented here within the context of the ideas expressed in the OP and pertaining to other themes in this thread.

See also: http://www.mazzastick.com/2011/10/04...-a-death-star/
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 9th February 2013 at 07:25.

23. Link to Post #174
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

In line with the previous posts, here is a summary of a Yanomamo creation myth.
    A second myth, Moonblood, serves as the charter upon which the Yanomamo justify their belligerence. Peribo, the Moon, eats the souls of children, including those of Suhirina. Suhirina, angered by this, shoots Moon with a single bamboo-tipped arrow -- a rahake. He hits Moon in the belly and Moon bleeds profusely. His blood spills to the earth, forming puddles. Mortal men are created from the blood; where large amounts of the blood fall, the most violent and war-like human beings are created. They are so violent they eventually kill themselves off. Where there is only a sprinkling of drops of blood, less warlike humans are created. All men have their origin in Moonblood; if a man is fiercer it is because he has more of Moon’s blood in his ancestry.

Peribo was originally an Ancestor, part spirit and part Human. He was shot with a bamboo-tipped arrow by another Ancestor, Suhirina, and his blood fell to the earth creating mortal men. The Yanomamo, have several Creation myths, but the story of Peribo accounts for man’s capacity for violence and warfare by virtue of his origin in Moon’s blood.

Where Moon’s blood fell to earth and formed pools, it created the most warlike humans of all. Most of these people went extinct in the wars they waged among themselves. Elsewhere on earth, only droplets of Moon’s blood fell, and the humans created from droplets survived because they were less war-like. However, all humans have some moonblood in their ancestry.

Source: http://der.org/resources/study-guide...mamo-myths.pdf
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 9th February 2013 at 05:08.

24. Link to Post #175
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Thanks Vivek. Credo Mutwa is a wise shaman and speaks truth. I've often wondered why central Africa has remained so primitive and uninhabited and unmolested of it's natural resources, because I think it is the place where these original nefarious creatures reside. Only the very southern tip of Africa and the Nile delta and the land around the Mediterranean are heavily populated.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Belle (9th February 2013), Gardener (9th February 2013), Jeffrey (9th February 2013), RMorgan (9th February 2013), SilentFeathers (9th February 2013), spiritwind (9th February 2013), ViralSpiral (9th February 2013)

26. Link to Post #176
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Humanity+
    Philosophy

Transhumanism is a loosely defined movement that has developed gradually over the past two decades. “Transhumanism is a class of philosophies of life that seek the continuation and acceleration of the evolution of intelligent life beyond its currently human form and human limitations by means of science and technology, guided by life-promoting principles and values.” (Max More 1990)

Transhumanism takes a multidisciplinary approach in analyzing the dynamic interplay between humanity and the acceleration of technology. In this sphere, much of our focus and attention is on the present technologies, such as biotechnology and information technology, and anticipated future technologies, such as molecular nanotechnology and artificial general intelligence. Transhumanism seeks the ethical use of these and other speculative technologies. Our theoretical interests focus on posthuman topics of the singularity, extinction risk, and mind uploading (whole brain emulation and substrate-independent minds).

Mission

Humanity+ is dedicated to elevating the human condition. We aim to deeply influence a new generation of thinkers who dare to envision humanity’s next steps. Our programs combine unique insights into the developments of emerging and speculative technologies that focus on the well-being of our species and the changes that we are and will be facing. Our programs are designed to produce outcomes that can be helpful to individuals and institutions.

Humanity+ is an international nonprofit membership organization which advocates the ethical use of technology to expand human capacities. In other words, we want people to be better than well.

Humanity+ adopted the Transhumanist Declaration. The Transhumanist Declaration was a a joint effort between members of Extropy Institute, World Transhumanist Association, and other transhumanist groups worldwide.

The Transhumanist Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is located at Humanity+’s website and is a collection of contributions by numerous authors, later edited by Nick Bostrom, and is updated as necessary by others. There are other FAQs on transhumanism, such as The Transhumanist FAQ was developed by ExI and members of Humanity+ and earlier WTA.

Source: http://humanityplus.org

This is a real thing.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 9th February 2013 at 06:40.

27. Link to Post #177
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This is a fictional, online video series.

--------------------

H+ The Digital Series: Episode 1

The rest of the series can be accessed through the links.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 9th February 2013 at 07:02.

28. Link to Post #178
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

29. Link to Post #179
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 561 posts

As far as I see it, posthumanism is the natural next step in the evolutionary process. Initiatives like PA are infinitely small compared to the forces at work outside. Most likely, the human species will go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage. (cf. Nick Bostrom's 1st proposition in "Are You Living In a Computer Simulation?" Philosophical Quarterly, 2003, Vol. 53, No. 211, pp. 243-255). From a human point of view, posthumanism doesn't make any sense. We are not machines, we're much more than that. To be or not to be is indeed the question.

Last edited by skippy; 9th February 2013 at 09:57.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Post:

Gardener (9th February 2013), Jeffrey (9th February 2013), Limor Wolf (16th February 2013), RMorgan (9th February 2013), SilentFeathers (9th February 2013), ViralSpiral (9th February 2013)

31. Link to Post #180
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

MoNETA: A Mind Made from Memristors

DARPA's new memristor-based approach to AI consists of a chip that mimics how neurons process information

By MASSIMILIANO VERSACE, BEN CHANDLER / DECEMBER 2010

Stop us if you've heard this one before: In the near future, we'll be able to build machines that learn, reason, and even emote their way to solving problems, the way people do.

[...]

Because of MoNETA, the brain on a chip. MoNETA (Modular Neural Exploring Traveling Agent) is the software we're designing at Boston University's department of cognitive and neural systems, which will run on a brain-inspired microprocessor under development at HP Labs in California. It will function according to the principles that distinguish us mammals most profoundly from our fast but witless machines. MoNETA (the goddess of memory—cute, huh?) will do things no computer ever has. It will perceive its surroundings, decide which information is useful, integrate that information into the emerging structure of its reality, and in some applications, formulate plans that will ensure its survival. In other words, MoNETA will be motivated by the same drives that motivate cockroaches, cats, and humans.

Researchers have suspected for decades that real artificial intelligence can't be done on traditional hardware, with its rigid adherence to Boolean logic and vast separation between memory and processing. But that knowledge was of little use until about two years ago, when HP built a new class of electronic device called a memristor. Before the memristor, it would have been impossible to create something with the form factor of a brain, the low power requirements, and the instantaneous internal communications. Turns out that those three things are key to making anything that resembles the brain and thus can be trained and coaxed to behave like a brain. In this case, form is function, or more accurately, function is hopeless without form.

Basically, memristors are small enough, cheap enough, and efficient enough to fill the bill. Perhaps most important, they have key characteristics that resemble those of synapses. That's why they will be a crucial enabler of an artificial intelligence worthy of the term.

The entity bankrolling the research that will yield this new artificial intelligence is the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). When work on the brain-inspired microprocessor is complete, MoNETA's first starring role will likely be in the U.S. military, standing in for irreplaceable humans in scout vehicles searching for roadside bombs or navigating hostile terrain. But we don't expect it to spend much time confined to a niche. Within five years, powerful, brainlike systems will run on cheap and widely available hardware.

How brainlike? We're not sure. But we expect that the changes MoNETA will foment in the electronics industry over the next couple of decades will be astounding.

[...]

Computational neuroscience has focused largely on building software that can simulate or replicate a mammal's brain in the classic von Neumann computer architecture. This architecture separates the place where data is processed from the place where it is stored, and it has been the staple of computer architectures since the 1960s [see sidebar, "The Great Brain Race"]. Researchers figured that, given enough powerful CPUs, creating programs that emulate the "software" of the brain is a logical outcome.

But that's a little like saying that given enough words, creating a novel is the logical outcome. Architecture is key here. To understand why, compare the path of a hypothetical bit of data inside a conventional microprocessor with its path inside a brain.

Recall that on a standard computer, the memory and processor are separated by a data channel, or bus, between the area where the data's stored and where it's worked on [see illustration, "Hardware vs. Wetware"]. That channel's fixed capacity means that only limited amounts of data can be "checked out" and worked on at any given instant. The processor reserves a small number of slots, called registers, for storing data during computation. After doing all the necessary computation, the processor writes the result back to memory—again, using the data bus. Usually, this routine doesn't pose much of a problem: To minimize the amount of traffic flowing on the fixed-capacity bus, most modern processors augment the registers with a cache memory that provides temporary storage very close to the point of computation. If an often-repeated computation demands multiple pieces of data, the processor will keep them in that cache, which the computational unit can then access much more quickly and more efficiently than it can the main memory.

However, that caching scheme won't work for the sort of computational challenges you'd encounter trying to simulate a brain. Even relatively simple brains have tens of millions of neurons connected by billions of synapses, so any attempt to simulate such a vast interconnection would gobble up a cache as big as the computer's main memory—which would render the machine immediately useless.

Why? The vast majority of the computing and power budget of such a brain-simulating system—computer scientists call it a neuromorphic architecture—goes to mimicking the sort of signal processing that happens inside the brain's synapses. Indeed, modeling just one individual synapse requires the following to happen in the machinery: The synapse's state—how likely it is to pass on a signal-like input from a neuron, which is the major factor in how strong the association is between any two neurons—is in a location in main memory. To change that state, the processor must package an electronic signal for transfer over the main bus. That signal must travel between 2 and 10 centimeters to reach the physical memory and then must be unpackaged to actually access the desired memory location.

[...]

Now, replicating the structure we've described above is not totally impossible with today's silicon technology. A true artificial intelligence could hypothetically run on conventional hardware, but it would be fantastically inefficient. Inefficient hardware won't stop us from running neuromorphic algorithms (such as machine vision), but we would need an entire massive cluster of high-performance graphics processing units (GPUs) to handle the parallel computations, which would also come with the power requirements of a midwestern college town.

So how do you build something that has an architecture like the brain's? Here's DARPA's gambit: Change your architecture to merge memory and computation. The memristor is the best technology out there for the task. That's because the memristor is the first memory technology with enough power efficiency and density to rival biological computation. With these devices, we are confident we can build an AI that can approximate the size and power requirements of a mammal's brain.

Partly to avoid the folly of trying to coax intelligence from fundamentally dumb hardware, DARPA launched a program called SyNAPSE (Systems of Neuromorphic Adaptive Plastic Scalable Electronics) in 2008. The timing was good. That year, HP Labs had created a functioning memristor, a device hailed as the fourth fundamental electronic component, after the resistor, capacitor, and inductor. The concept wasn't new. In 1971, professor Leon Chua of the University of California, Berkeley, reasoned that a memristor would behave like a resistor with a conductance that changed as a function of its internal state and the voltage applied. In other words, because a memristor could remember how much current had gone through it, it could work as an essentially nonvolatile memory. And sure enough, Korean dynamic RAM giant Hynix Semiconductor made a splash recently when it chose the device as a possible foundation for its next-generation memory. But because memristors can remember their past state without using any power, their biggest potential all along has been as a realistic analogue to synapses in brains.

[...]

Recent DARPA-sponsored work at HP has yielded more complex memristors, so this description is necessarily a bit generic. The important thing to recall is that the memristor's "state" can be considered analogous to the state of the synapse that we mentioned earlier: The state of the synapse depends how closely any two neurons are linked, which is a key part of the mammalian ability to learn new information.

The architecture of the brain-inspired microprocessor under development at HP Labs can be thought of as a kind of memristor-based multicore chip [see illustration, "MoNETA: A Mind Made of Memristors"]. Nowadays, high-end microprocessors all have multiple cores, or processing units. But instead of the eight or so cores typical of such a microprocessor, the HP hardware will contain hundreds of simple, garden-variety silicon processing cores, and each of these will have its own ultradense thicket of memristor lattices.

Each silicon core is directly connected to its own immediately accessible megacache made up of millions of memristors, meaning that every single core has its own private massive bank of memory. Memristors are incredibly tiny, even by the standards of today's semiconductor transistors: HP senior fellow Stan Williams claims that with advances in fabrication processes for stacking many crossbars on a single chip, within a couple of decades it will be possible to build a nonvolatile memristor-based memory with a petabit (a quadrillion bits) per square centimeter.

[...]

Basically, memristors bring data close to computation, the way biological systems do, and they use very little power to store that information, just as the brain does. For a comparable function, the new hardware will use two to three orders of magnitude less power than Nvidia's Fermi-class GPU. For the first time we will begin to bridge the main divide between biological computation and traditional computation. The use of the memristor addresses the basic hardware challenges of neuromorphic computing: the need to simultaneously move and manipulate data, thereby drastically cutting power consumption and space. You might think that to achieve processing that's more like thinking than computation would require more than just new hardware—it would also require new software. You'd be wrong, but in a way that might surprise you.

[...]

Where HP is taking care of the hardware component of the neuromorphic processor, we are building the software—the brain models that will populate the hardware. Our biological algorithms will create this entity: MoNETA. Think of MoNETA as the application software that does the recognizing, reasoning, and learning.

[...]

To allow the brain models and the neuromorphic hardware to interact, HP built a kind of special-purpose operating system called Cog Ex Machina. Cog, built by HP principal investigator Greg Snider, lets system designers interact with the underlying hardware to do neuromorphic computation. Neuromorphic computation means computation that can be divided up between hardware that processes like the body of a neuron and hardware that processes the way dendrites and axons do.

The two kinds of cores deal with processing in fundamentally different ways. A "neuron-type" CPU architecture makes this core flexible, letting it handle any operation you throw at it. In that way, its characteristics resemble those of the neuron. But the trade-off is that the core sucks up a lot of power, so like neurons, these elements should make up only a small percentage of the system.

A "dendritic" core works more like a GPU, an inexpensive and high-performance microprocessor. Like a dendrite, a GPU has a rigid architecture that is optimized for only a specific kind of computation—in this case, the complicated linear algebra operations that approximate what happens inside a dendrite [...] The dendrite cores in the final DARPA hardware will be much less flexible than neuron cores, but they will store extraordinary amounts of state information in their massive memristor-based memory banks, and like the tendrils of neurons, they will make up the vast bulk of the system's computational elements. Memristors, finally, will act as the synapses that mediate the information transfer between the dendrites and axons of different neurons. For a programmer, taking full advantage of a machine like this—with its two different core types and complicated memory-storage overlay—is tremendously challenging, because the problems need to be properly partitioned across those two radically different types of processors. Thanks to Cog, we computational neuroscientists can forget about the hardware and focus on developing the soul inside the machine.

MoNETA will be a general-purpose mammalian-type intelligence, an artificial, generic creature known as an animat. With the DARPA hardware, we think we will be able to fit this level of intelligence into a shoebox.

The key feature distinguishing MoNETA from other AIs is that it won't have to be explicitly programmed. We are engineering MoNETA to be as adaptable and efficient as a mammal's brain. We intend to set it loose on a variety of situations, and it will learn dynamically.

[...]

Creating this grail-like unified architecture has been precluded by several practical limitations. The most important is the lack of a unified theory of the brain. But the creation of large centers such as CELEST has advanced our understanding of what key aspects of biological intelligence might be applicable to our task of building a general-purpose AI.

[...]

We'll watch each of these simulated animats interacting with its environment and evolving like a natural organism. We expect to eventually find the "cocktail" of brain areas and connections that achieves autonomous intelligent behavior. We will then incorporate those elements into a memristor-based neural-processing chip. Once that chip is manufactured, we will build it into robotic platforms that venture into the real world. Robot companions for the elderly, robots to be sent to Mars to forage autonomously, and unmanned aerial vehicles will be just the beginning.

Will these chips "experience" vision and emotions by simulating and appropriately connecting the brain areas known to be involved in the subjective experience associated with them? It's too soon to say. However, our goal is not to replicate subjective experience—consciousness—in a chip but rather to build functional machines that can behave intelligently in complex environments. In other words, the idea is to make machines that behave as if they are intelligent, emotionally biased, and motivated, without the constraint that they are actually aware of these feelings, thoughts, and motivations.

Neuromorphic chips won't just power niche AI applications. The architectural lessons we learn here will revolutionize all future CPUs. The fact is, conventional computers will just not get significantly more powerful unless they move to a more parallel and locality-driven architecture. While neuromorphic chips will first supplement today's CPUs, soon their sheer power will overwhelm that of today's computer architectures.
    The semiconductor industry's relentless push to focus on smaller and smaller transistors will soon mean transistors have higher failure rates. This year, the state of the art is 22-nanometer feature sizes. By 2018, that number will have shrunk to 12 nm, at which point atomic processes will interfere with transistor function; in other words, they will become increasingly unreliable. Companies like Intel, Hynix, and of course HP are putting a lot of resources into finding ways to rely on these unreliable future devices. Neuromorphic computation will allow that to happen on both memristors and transistors.

It won't be long until all multicore chips integrate a dense, low-power memory with their CMOS cores. It's just common sense.

Our prediction? Neuromorphic chips will eventually come in as many flavors as there are brain designs in nature: fruit fly, earthworm, rat, and human. All our chips will have brains.

This article originally appeared in print as "The Brain of a New Machine."

Source: http://spectrum.ieee.org/robotics/ar...m-memristors/1
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 9th February 2013 at 17:57.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 9 19 34 LastLast