Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Oil pulling

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Default Oil pulling

Hi everyone,

I'de like to bring back this topic once more. Brought by Susan in early days of Avalon forum, i think its worth bringing it back to the front once more.

http://oilpulling.com/

The therapy is part of the ancient Ayurvedic method. It is cheap, simple and quite amazingly efficient to prevent any disease.

Those with high acidic inner body environment, cancer awaits and we are quite numerous with this problem in the western/northern societies, due to the food consumption habits. This will take out all the acid off your mouth

Namaste, Steven

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Post:

Alloya (20th December 2010), Art (27th December 2010), Cognitive Dissident (11th November 2011), Daren (21st May 2011), heyokah (15th December 2010), morguana (13th December 2010), Rainbowbrite (22nd May 2011), shadowstalker (14th December 2010), silverchimes (13th May 2011), TWINCANS (13th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member sunnyrap's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Oil pulling

I've found oil pulling quite effective on infected teeth. Will save you a trip to the dentist and eliminate an antibiotic prescription when done correctly. (But you still have to get the filling, or have to keep doing it periodically).

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 239 posts

All right! An oil pulling thread!

I started this therapy about two years ago and noticed a nice boost in energy after a week or so. Overall, my health and quality of life seemed to improve over the course of "oil pulling." In my opinion, it's one of the best therapies for "cleansing" the body, promoting alkalinity, and possibly even preventing diseases.

I've talked to many other oil pulling enthusiasts (and yes, many people who try this therapy do become enthusiastic after the results) over the past couple years, and one of the best kinds of oil to use would be organic, unrefined, sesame oil.

Quote I've found oil pulling quite effective on infected teeth.
    A funny story, actually.

I stopped oil pulling a few months ago, as I was certain that I'd be quite fine in not doing so; but just a couple days ago, I found out that one of my teeth had become seriously infected.

I think I'll start oil pulling again soon.

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed wynderer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,989 times in 1,133 posts

this is totally new to me -- thanks for this info! i'll definitely try it

two questions: how often should one do it? like how many days in a row, if any &, can one use olive oil? [edit -- i read more carefully & see that sunflower or sesame are the oils recommended]

Edgar Cayce said the alkaline-causing foods ratio should be 80 to 20 of acid-causing foods for health
    Last edited by wynderer; 19th September 2010 at 13:21.

6. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 239 posts

Quote two questions: how often should one do it? like how many days in a row, if any &, can one use olive oil? [edit -- i read more carefully & see that sunflower or sesame are the oils recommended]

Edgar Cayce said the alkaline-causing foods ratio should be 80 to 20 of acid-causing foods for health
    Well, I started out doing it three days in a row, followed by a break of two days, then three days again; for about a month. After that, I went to a Monday through Friday with weekends off schedule. That seems to be a pretty commonly used pattern. It takes some "getting used to," so that's why I started more gradually.

Again, the best time to do this therapy is once a day, first thing in the morning, for roughly 15-25 minutes.

I'm not so sure about olive oil. I've used it for a few days when my sesame oil ran out, but most people stick with either safflower, sunflower, or sesame oil. I, personally, prefer organic, unrefined sesame oil.

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

We recently started doing this every morning. It is mentioned in the book "The Miracle Liver/Gallbladder Cleanse" by Andreas Moritz.
    He says it's ok to use olive oil, but not to keep the oil in your mouth for longer than 3 or 4 minutes. Rinse out with water and baking
    soda afterwards.

8. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member blackatiam's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow! talk about synchronicity. I just started oil pulling last week after discovering it on www.earthclinic.com. It's good to know how to help the body heal itself.

9. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,619 times in 344 posts

Never heard of this before. Can you use organic coconut oil as an alternative?

10. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Excellent Steven,

I will put it to the test, tho I do know of people who have used this method to heal gum disease...apperently used a lot in India as a mouth wash/dental hygiene.

Had no idea of the 'other' health benefits...

Regards

Ross

11. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

great info, i'll definitely give it a try!

12. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Hi everyone,

We've (My wife and I) been trying oil pulling since more than a year now. Since we were already in good shape, it is hard to say if it cured us in anyway, but I can assure you that i have more energy!

Have in mind that the origin of oil pulling comes from the Ayurvedic ancient knowledge : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayurveda

Dr. Karash have been studying its effect during 10 years on many people and have presented a report that says all the benefits it brings. Since 95% of the germs, bacteria and micro organism of all kind get into our body by the mouth, oil pulling does prevent a whole lot of sickness by simply pulling them out of your system before they get rooted in it.

Dr. Karash study are independant from the Ayurvedic ancient knowledge and medicine.

Dr. Karash says to use Sesame oil for best result but sunflower oil is also good to use. He doesn't mentionned other type of oil, since his study are based on Sesame oil because of its efficiency to pull out micro organism.

You have to keep it in your mouth long enough for its effect to be greater. I use it 15-20 minutes.

It is also very efficient to keep your teeth healthy.

It does prevent cancer for people with high acidic system.

Mr. Karash says that we could live up to 150 years if we used oil pulling every morning. Ah! Now that's interesting.

Namaste, Steven

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Post:

Rainbowbrite (22nd May 2011), silverchimes (13th May 2011), Sniffity (25th May 2011), TWINCANS (13th May 2011)

14. Link to Post #12
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

This is very interesting...
    What affect does this have on the gag reflex?

15. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Interesting experience... I gave it a try for the first time this morning (with sesame oil) but I only lasted about 12 minutes. I had to try very hard not to puke

Perhaps I will need to give it a few days to get used to it!

16. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

It sounds interesting but I'm worried about the gag factor.

And there are absolutely no side effects, right?

17. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Celine (here)
    This is very interesting...
    What affect does this have on the gag reflex?
    I don't know Celine.

Quote Posted by Humble Janitor (here)
    It sounds interesting but I'm worried about the gag factor.

And there are absolutely no side effects, right?
    Not that I'm aware of. After more than a year, I can say that I'm more energic because of it. I used to catch cold in winter, we have a daycare at home! But I haven't last year. Of course I use MMS as soon as I feel a throat infection, which I used to have a lot in my past, mostly due to milk and derivative products of milk.

Quote Posted by Tigger (here)
    Interesting experience... I gave it a try for the first time this morning (with sesame oil) but I only lasted about 12 minutes. I had to try very hard not to puke

Perhaps I will need to give it a few days to get used to it!
    Yes, my wife also have a little hard time with oil in her mouth. Personally, I don't. But here is a little trick my wife found in a Ayurvedic book. The first ten minutes, the oil is simply heating up in your mouth and covering the inner skin. The effect of soaking the microorganism and germs comes after this ten minutes, that is why it is important to do it at least 15 minutes. But, if you heat your oil before, not too hot of course, you will be able to meet the same effect for only 10 minutes. But, that is not endorse by Dr. Karash studies.

Namaste, Steven

18. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Day two of my oil pulling experience:

I woke up this morning yearning for my usual two glasses of nice, cool filtered water. Realised at the last minute that I have to swish a tablespoon of my room mate’s sesame oil around in my mouth for 20 minutes before I can drink anything. Mood drops.

Wander into kitchen. Greet my room mate who is busy making breakfast. Room mate watches curiously as I wordlessly take the sesame oil, pour some into a tablespoon and put it in my mouth.

Swish, swish, swish… Gag reflex not so bad this time. Room mate is looking at me as if I’m a loony. I figure that the best thing to do when faced with a difficult social situation is to flee. I decide to go outside into the garden to greet the spring morning – still swishing a mouthful of odious gooey liquid.

It’s a beautiful spring morning. Lots of flowers are out, and the sunshine is nice and warm. My mood lifts. I decide that swishing this stupid oil around in my mouth is not such a bad thing – as long as the neighbours can’t see what the heck I am doing. I take a nice deep breath… Big mistake.

Warm spring air flows sweetly through my nostrils, along with several thousand pollen grains. I stop swishing. Eyes begin to water. I stand there, completely isolated from anything even remotely resembling a sink or a toilet. Uh-oh – sneeze is coming. I try my best to hold it in. It doesn’t work. Sneeze explodes out of my face, forcing oil through my nose and mouth and all over my prized orchids.

I hear uncontrollable laughter coming from the kitchen window. My room mate. I’m too embarrassed to go inside but I must – I have to wipe all this oil off my face. At least I didn’t gag this time.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tigger For This Post:

Eram (2nd April 2012), EsmaEverheart (3rd June 2011), happyexpat (21st May 2011), heyokah (15th December 2010), Rainbowbrite (22nd May 2011), Referee (20th November 2011), silverchimes (13th May 2011), TWINCANS (13th May 2011)

20. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Seriously Tigger, you made me laugh out loud with that story!! Thank you!

21. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

OMG, thank you so much for that story, Tigger. Seriously, I so needed it.

Steven, I'm starting this tomorrow. I was told by a holistic doctor (and my psychic friend) that my liver is having problems. I sent out a request to the universe for a solution and voila! Today, this thread. Can't wait to try it.

Thank you.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

22. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Good luck Simone, I'm gonna try it as well.

23. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Thank you Tigger, that was funny and I am going to try it too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast