Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Oil pulling

1. Link to Post #61
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Default Re: Oil pulling

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    ...It's all about being balanced with nature.
    Spot on!

My wife introduced me to a few things about Ayurvedic ancient knowledge and Yoga when we met. I was captivated. It's holistic approach and roots into Nature are an efficient substitute to many practice in the actual health system. The funny thing is that I was the one who introduced her to oil pulling! Just to show how large Ayurvedic medicine is, of course, she is just an adept, not a professional.

Namaste, Steven
    Last edited by Steven; 13th December 2010 at 22:29.

2. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Wink Re: Oil pulling

Vedic culture is extremely ancient. They reckoned their history in terms of millions (!) of years. Ayur Veda, and all other Vedas ('Veda' being a Sanskrit word meaning 'knowledge') were understood to have been received from benevolent higher beings, like instructions that came with the planet. They deal with all aspects of human life and the world around us. The amazing thing is that the Vedas can still be traced to their full, original Sanskrit texts written in deva nagari (language of the gods).

Here's to 'pulling' together!

Question: how does the oil draw toxins from your entire body if the oil is just in your mouth?
    Last edited by Lettherebelight; 14th December 2010 at 07:08.

3. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lettherebelight (here)
    ...Question: how does the oil draw toxins from your entire body if the oil is just in your mouth?
    Thanks Lettherebelight,

It doesn't, well to my understanding of the study's conclusion by Dr. Karash. The study says that most of the sickness and disease begin in the mouth as bacteria or virus (95%). So, by using oil pulling everyday, you eliminate most of the disease and sickeness potentially dangerous. You do not acculmulate, but rather make a deep cleaning of the nest of disease everyday.

Namaste, Steven

4. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Thanks for that, Steven. It certainly is fascinating, maybe the oil smothers all the microscopic unfriendlies. I'm feeling brave, I'll have to give it a go!

5. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 times in 267 posts

Quote Posted by Steven (here)
    Thanks Lettherebelight,

It doesn't, well to my understanding of the study's conclusion by Dr. Karash. The study says that most of the sickness and disease begin in the mouth as bacteria or virus (95%). So, by using oil pulling everyday, you eliminate most of the disease and sickeness potentially dangerous. You do not acculmulate, but rather make a deep cleaning of the nest of disease everyday.

Namaste, Steven
    Exactly Steven - pathogens, bacterium and plaque form in the mouth (daily) - and when built up, it is likely that they will travel to other parts of the body causing multiple ailments, for example: here's an article that demonstrates how they have linked gum disease with heart disease: link

So, by pulling toxins out of the mouth you are most certainly taking a wise step towards better health.

Here's another good read about proper mouth care for preventative maintenance (using colloidal silver as the tool, however oil pulling will also work just as good, but in its own unique way).

blessings.

6. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zillah (here)
    Exactly Steven - pathogens, bacterium and plaque form in the mouth (daily) - and when built up, it is likely that they will travel to other parts of the body causing multiple ailments, for example: here's an article that demonstrates how they have linked gum disease with heart disease: link

So, by pulling toxins out of the mouth you are most certainly taking a wise step towards better health.

Here's another good read about proper mouth care for preventative maintenance (using colloidal silver as the tool, however oil pulling will also work just as good, but in its own unique way).

blessings.
    Thanks a lot Zillah,

Here are the result of oil pulling study by Dr. Karash

Quotes:

'The result of this healing research has attracted amazement and resulted in further research. This additional research concerning Oil Therapy has now been thoroughly documented, especially with regard to physiological similarities between individuals. It is surprising that through this biological healing method a wide variety of symptoms have unquestionably disappeared without any side-effects. This simple method makes it possible completely heal such a wide variety of diseases which would normally be treated by an operation or by powerful or potent Drugs, usually with significant side-effects.

The simplicity of this healing system in which Oil is swirled backwards and forwards in the mouth, is due to the stimulating effect which it has on the body's eliminatory system. Through this method it is possible to heal individual cells, cell conglomerates such as lymph nodes and more complex tissues such as internal organs simultaneously. This occurs because the beneficial microflora throughout the body are provided with a healthy continuum. Without this natural bodily intrusive element evinced by the microflora the usual pattern of human health tends to lean towards illness rather than wellness. Dr. Karach anticipates that regular application of this treatment by reversing this process so that wellness is the dominant state of the human body is likely to increase the average human lifespan to approximately 150 years, double the present life expectancy.

Dr. Karach is supported in this view by other colleagues in the world. By means of this oil pulling treatment. it is invariably the result that diseases like migraine headaches, bronchitis, diseased teeth, arterio thrombosis, chronic blood disorders such as leukemia, arthritis and related illnesses, neuro physiological paralysis, eczema, gastro enteritis, peritonitis, heart disease, kidney disease, meningitis, and women’s hormonal disorders are completely eliminated from the organism. The benefit of Dr. Karach's method is that the oil therapy heals the whole body in perpetuity. In terminal diseases such as cancer, Aids and chronic infections this treatment method has been shown to successfully replace all others. Dr. Karach has successfully healed a chronic leukemia patient with 15 years of harsh treatment methods behind him. Acute arthritis in 1 patient who was totally bedridden was removed from his body in 3 days with no inflammation apparent.

NOTE: The recommended oils to use are Sunflower Oil, Seasme Oil. We are receiving many emails about which oil to use. Our experience with thousands of people across the globe says USE COLD PRESSED OIL as first choice, if it is not available use REFINED OIL ( which seems to be effective in the process too). We have observed that any oil other than SUNFLOWER or SEASME may not be effective.'

End of the quote.

Namaste, Steven

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Post:

Lettherebelight (16th December 2010), Rainbowbrite (22nd May 2011)

8. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

The vibratory frequency of the oil counters the frequency of the bacteria, virus, fungi, or other pathogen. It's all about the energy and how it wiggles.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Lettherebelight (22nd December 2010)

10. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

I'm so glad there's a thread on oil pulling! My first experiment with oil pulling was with extra-virgin coconut oil, and I liked it so much I've never tried any other oils. The unfortunate part about the coconut oil is the texture (like putting a spoonful of Crisco in your mouth, as thoroughly disgusting as that sounds) but it quickly slooshes to a fluid. I love coconut so the flavor is quite pleasant to me, although I'm sure that wouldn't be true for everyone . The best time for me is while I'm showering, but I often forget, so I can't say I've done it regularly enough.

The really weird thing is, it seems to make my teeth whiter -- I know that sounds crazy and I can't think of any rational, scientific reason why that would be so, but hey, I'll take it.

I also switched to brushing my teeth with baking soda -- at first I hated the feel of it, but now it doesn't bother me. To think of all the money wasted on toothpaste......!

Oh and BTW Tigger, your oil-pulling adventures were hilarious. Good thing I wasn't slooshing as I read them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLittleFrog For This Post:

happyexpat (21st May 2011)

12. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 times in 267 posts

Quote Posted by OneLittleFrog (here)

The really weird thing is, it seems to make my teeth whiter -- I know that sounds crazy and I can't think of any rational, scientific reason why that would be so, but hey, I'll take it.
    A short answer..... I know that enzymes are a natural stain fighter, and are actually used in household cleaning products. Since you are activating the enzymes in the mouth as you pull, they will leach out the bacteria as well as the stains from your teeth. Its truly amazing!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zillah For This Post:

Lettherebelight (22nd December 2010), OneLittleFrog (20th December 2010)

14. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 times in 516 posts

I wonder if anyone does this with their children? Although I must imagine something like keeping oil in their mouth for 15 minutes would not be an easy task.

15. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by firstlook (here)
    I wonder if anyone does this with their children? Although I must imagine something like keeping oil in their mouth for 15 minutes would not be an easy task.
    My 15 and 17 year old daughters are beginning to do it. All their friends got their teeth whitened, but we would not allow it. They are too young and the practice can harm enamel. They noticed my whiter teeth and commented. Now they are excited about swishing while in the shower in the morning.

16. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

I have been doing the oil pulling thing, it is awesome for your health. Or at least for mine.
    Why not now?

17. Link to Post #73
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 times in 642 posts

My husband just today was asking 'well, what else can i do but go to that d.... dentist?' (not a good idea right now) and this shows up! Thanks so much. We'll both try it.

18. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TWINCANS (here)
    My husband just today was asking 'well, what else can i do but go to that d.... dentist?' (not a good idea right now) and this shows up! Thanks so much. We'll both try it.
    Hi Twincans, let me know how you find it after a month.

Here is where I order the oil : The quality is high and price are awesome. http://www.banyanbotanicals.com/products.asp?dept=1013

Namaste, Steven

19. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 times in 806 posts

Off-the-shelf oil in grocery store is fine: Sunflower, Sesame?
    or should I buy organic products?

I have minor toothache once in a while.

20. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hughe (here)
    Off-the-shelf oil in grocery store is fine: Sunflower, Sesame?
    or should I buy organic products?

I have minor toothache once in a while.
    It has to be cold pressed and I choose organic. Both sunflower and sesame are good, but the experiment made by Dr. Karach was made with sesame oil, cold pressed and organic.

Namaste, Steven

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Steven For This Post:

Rainbowbrite (22nd May 2011)

22. Link to Post #77
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 344 posts

Not for any real reason; in this current world situation we absolutely DO need to laugh at silly things:

Quote Posted by Tigger (here)
    Day two of my oil pulling experience:

I woke up this morning yearning for my usual two glasses of nice, cool filtered water. Realised at the last minute that I have to swish a tablespoon of my room mate’s sesame oil around in my mouth for 20 minutes before I can drink anything. Mood drops.

Wander into kitchen. Greet my room mate who is busy making breakfast. Room mate watches curiously as I wordlessly take the sesame oil, pour some into a tablespoon and put it in my mouth.

Swish, swish, swish… Gag reflex not so bad this time. Room mate is looking at me as if I’m a loony. I figure that the best thing to do when faced with a difficult social situation is to flee. I decide to go outside into the garden to greet the spring morning – still swishing a mouthful of odious gooey liquid.

It’s a beautiful spring morning. Lots of flowers are out, and the sunshine is nice and warm. My mood lifts. I decide that swishing this stupid oil around in my mouth is not such a bad thing – as long as the neighbours can’t see what the heck I am doing. I take a nice deep breath… Big mistake.

Warm spring air flows sweetly through my nostrils, along with several thousand pollen grains. I stop swishing. Eyes begin to water. I stand there, completely isolated from anything even remotely resembling a sink or a toilet. Uh-oh – sneeze is coming. I try my best to hold it in. It doesn’t work. Sneeze explodes out of my face, forcing oil through my nose and mouth and all over my prized orchids.

I hear uncontrollable laughter coming from the kitchen window. My room mate. I’m too embarrassed to go inside but I must – I have to wipe all this oil off my face. At least I didn’t gag this time.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tigger For This Post:

avid (14th October 2021), Bill Ryan (2nd September 2021), Brigantia (2nd September 2021), gini (2nd September 2021), Harmony (2nd September 2021), mokosh (2nd September 2021), Peace in Oz (3rd September 2021)

24. Link to Post #78
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

In response to Post #126 on the Healthy Teeth thread:

Quote Posted by janette (here)
    I tried last night for the first time with coconut oil. It's not pleasant,just the taste and feel of swishing oil round your mouth made me feel sick
    You might try sesame seed oil, as suggested above and which is what I understand is used more commonly for oil pulling in India.

Or toasted sesame seed oil, if your taste buds, like mine, find that tastes even better.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th October 2021 at 20:54.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2021), janette (13th October 2021)

26. Link to Post #79
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,492 times in 246 posts

Quote Posted by ThePythonicCow (here)
    In response to Post #176 on the Healthy Teeth thread:

Quote Posted by janette (here)
    I tried last night for the first time with coconut oil. It's not pleasant,just the taste and feel of swishing oil round your mouth made me feel sick
    You might try sesame seed oil, as suggested above and which is what I understand is used more commonly for oil pulling in India.

Or toasted sesame seed oil, if your taste buds, like mine, find that tastes even better.
    Thank you..just found some sesame oil in my kitchen cubpoard so I'll try it 😊..tigger,I've not laughed so much in a long time ..forgot what it sounded like ,thank you x

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to janette For This Post:

avid (14th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th October 2021), ThePythonicCow (13th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4