+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Oil pulling

1. Link to Post #41
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Default Re: Oil pulling

Yeah.... i was like ok i'll give this a go!

Watch one of the video's someone link.. and allmost gag in my chair...

dont think it will last very long getting swished in my mouth

2. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Sesame Oil, Extra virgin, cold pressed-unrefined...375 mil bottle for $14.00. Tastes not to bad. I have found it rather easy... tho had to stop being so vigorous and be more gentle with the swooshing

Ross

3. Link to Post #43
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Quote Posted by Ross (here)
    ...tho had to stop being so vigorous and be more gentle with the swooshing
    I had a good laugh Ross Me think bad

Namaste, Steven

4. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

And keep it off the cat

5. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Slimey cats are not such a good look and everything sticks to em...and, not so nice to pat

6. Link to Post #46
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 times in 405 posts

Anybody tried it with hempoil......?

7. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

I've been faithfully swishing with sesame oil every morning for about a week now. Some people have stated that they have noticed direct effects from oil pulling. I am sure that a part of what I am experiencing is from the op. However, because I am doing so many different things simultaneously, I am having trouble distinguishing one effect from the next.

Not only am I oil pulling, I am also learning Falun Gong, thanks to MariaDine, which is a very gentle stretching exercise that opens energy channels. I also use MMS when needed in addition to silver water and vitamin D3 and a daily dose of vitamins and minerals and in addition, I am heavy into several different types of meditation techniques. I may also add Tai Chi to the list. I haven't decided yet. None of these take a great deal of time. That's one of the reasons that I chose them. I am one of the people who the big pharma and the health insurance industry would just love to cut off my supply of healthful helpers.

I have noticed this week that the old aggravations are really aggravating...hopefully for not too long.
    Last edited by Snowbird; 4th October 2010 at 01:31.
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

8. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Having pulled for 5 days now I do believe my teeth are whiter.

Dr. Andrea Moritz (spelling?) says to only do it for about 4 minutes, as the toxins really need to be spit out. From all I gathered, do it a least until it turns watery and is white when you spit.

Seems to be a definite keeper.

9. Link to Post #49
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

Did it this morning (and 2 days ago)... 10 minutes of oil pulling with organic cold pressed sunflower oil which doing the "health bounce" on my rebounder to pump/drain my lymphatic system. Followed by a rinse then a fresh glass of amber nectar as Dr. David Jubb calls it and followed by a glass of ice chilled ozone water. Amber nectar can be snorted up the nose too for those with nasal issues...

Mouth feels clean and good right now

10. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

What is exactly oil does?

11. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 times in 347 posts

Smile Re: Oil pulling

Day Twenty-Nine of Oil Swishing Experiment…

I rise early by my new method of coming instantly awake and springing out of bed like a mad Energizer-Bunny. Both eyes are wide open. The floors throughout the house vibrate as if there is an earthquake as I go bounding into the kitchen looking for the oil bottle.

I scramble noisily around in the kitchen, not because I can’t find the oil bottle, but because it’s 5am and my room mate is still in bed. Why waste money on an alarm-clock when you can have your crazy oil-powered maniac room-mate to bash around in the kitchen and wake you up?

After one month of oily mornings I have noticed the following changes:

1/. I have more energy. Loads more energy. It scares people.

2/. I can think more clearly. Now I can add numbers, do crosswords, count all my fingers and toes, concentrate better and handle stress a lot more easily.

3/. I am a lot happier. In fact I am so happy I make fun of everything. And everyone. Including you! And you!

4/. I can meditate more easily and more deeply. Wooooooooooo

5/. My liver seems to be working overtime cleaning all this crap out of my system. Poor liver. As a result, things have been going a little haywire lately as the body readjusts to living a sane and normal life again. (Tigger was a very bad kid in his youth).

Oil swishing, which has many benefits, can become intensely boring sometimes. To ease the boredom I have considered several activities which one can do in conjunction with oil swishing. Most normal people call it ‘multitasking’. Tigger calls it ‘highly experimental’ and somewhat silly:

1/. Swishy Showering

This activity is relatively risk-free, because if there is a major oil leak it can be easily contained inside the shower, assuming it is not one of those open-plan showers, public gym showers, or showers with a curtain thingy). You can spit it directly down the drain when you are finished.

2/. Shave-swishing

This one is for the boys. Stand in front of mirror. Shave fur off face while keeping mouth CLOSED. Do not make funny faces in the mirror or you will laugh and spray oil everywhere.

3/. Water the Garden Swish

This one is easy and works well if you have an outdoor garden to water. It works even better if it is a nice spring morning outside and it is a weekend. You need to be extra careful if you have neighbours. If your neighbour sees you with your mouth full, he or she might get the wrong idea. If you have a friendly neighbour who likes to say hello, this swishing activity could prove embarrassing.

4/. ‘Feed-the-Dog’ Swishing

This is one of my favourites. Our dog is a very friendly cattle-dog cross called Dax. Dax likes to lick my face most of the time, but the moment he smells the oil his usual enthusiasm is somewhat dampened. This makes feeding Dax a relatively lick-free activity.

5/. Noisy Kitchen Swishing

This is another one of my favourites. It’s payback for all those times room-mate stays up late watching that stupid television. Room-mate is still asleep at 5am because he thinks oil swishing is lame. The idea is to make breakfast as noisily as possible. I also like to make a yummy juice to have as a reward for doing my oil swishing. The juicer is nice and loud and cleaning it requires pulling it all apart – clang! In case you were wondering my favourite juice is celery, carrot, watermelon and beetroot – yummm!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tigger For This Post:

Caren (21st October 2010), Malcolm Linus (22nd October 2010), Ross (21st October 2010)

13. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

I love it tigger...excellent post!

Thankyou

Regards

Ross
    Last edited by Ross; 28th October 2010 at 01:51.

14. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Hey Tigger,
    I really enjoy your posts on this thread..very funny!! ..and thanks!

15. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member lightwalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 times in 155 posts

I have been doing the oil pulling now for 5-6 days. I do it 2 x a day. I am feeling clearer and more energy. I am also doing the apple cider vinegar drink from the site mentioned on this posting as well as the oil of oregano. The joint pain that I deal with has nicely abated. I do remember them saying to spit it out(the oil) in the toilet as it is fairly full of toxins.

So Tigger....try the apple cider vinegar remedy and guaranteed your funny postings will get funnier.

lightwalker (the oil

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lightwalker For This Post:

Tigger (28th October 2010)

17. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 times in 347 posts

Thanks Lightwalker I will definitely give it a go!

18. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Ajurvedic Medicine - Oil Pulling

i posted something yeaterday on this thread https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...can-Mango-Diet to do with one of the applications of safflower oil...and just earlier on today a frend tells me about the oil pulling and another use of safflower oil...so i looked it up:

Oil Pulling Therapy: Effective Natural Detoxification, Stimulation of Elimination, Self-Help Cure and Prevention of Many Diseases Incl. Cancer?

by Healing Cancer Naturally © 2006 & 2007
    Information summarized and partially excerpted from oilpulling.org and other sources
    Copyright Notice

The practice of oil pulling apparently is a time-honoured tradition in parts of the world, including in the ancient Indian medical system of Ayurveda. Oil pulling therapy simply consists in thoroughly sloshing certain types of commonly found oil in the mouth for up to 20 minutes (for details see Instructions: how oil pulling is done). This practice is said to draw toxins & destroy natural mouth germs while stimulating the body's eliminatory system and increasing metabolism, thus leading to improved health and the conquering of disease.

In fact, thanks to this double action, oil pulling therapy is claimed (according to Dr. Karach MD) to have healed illnesses and complaints as diverse as bronchitis, tooth pain, diseased teeth, headaches & migraines, eczema, thrombosis, chronic sleeplessness, arthritis & related illnesses, diseases of stomach & intestines (such as ulcers, gastro-enteritis, peritonitis), kidney, liver, lung and heart disease, blood disorders (such as chronic blood diseases like leukemia), women’s diseases & hormonal disorders and diseases affecting the nervous system (such as encephalitis, meningitis, neuro-physiological paralysis). It is also said to prevent the growth of malignant tumors, to cut and heal them, to be a heart attack preventative, to cure diseases brought on by toxic drugs, and it is credited with the cure of diabetes.

http://www.healingcancernaturally.co...l-pulling.html

there's more on that on the net, do look it up yourselves...

as it happens i've got some safflower oil in the kitchen (nice in salads) and i tasted an undiluted drop - not bad at all...it's rather nice l

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lightblue For This Post:

Caren (13th December 2010), heyokah (15th December 2010), Steven (13th December 2010), Wood (12th December 2010)

20. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Default Re: Ajurvedic Medicine - Oil Pulling

Also read about it in this thread, mate: Oil pulling.
    Several different comments from those who have tried it.

EDIT: Threads merged, which makes my post meaningless. Feel free to delete it
    Last edited by Malcolm Linus; 12th December 2010 at 21:37.

21. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 times in 267 posts

just to add on to the list of pro's - oil pulling is one of the things in my life i felt blessed to stumble upon - it works without a doubt!!! happy slooshing all <3

22. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

We (my wife and I) are doing it since a little bit more than a year now and it is extremely efficient for the teeth. If done each day, one do not need to go to the dentist anymore, I'm quite serious.

As for a whole lot of other diseases, considering most of the disease (bacteria, virus) begins in the mouth, one simply doesn't get sick anymore. Used in conjunction with MMS, you can say goodbye to sickness. Yoga and Ayurvedic knowledge are simply amazing. Again, ancient knowledge coming from our elders that is simply ignored by the scientific community!

Namaste, Steven
    Last edited by Steven; 13th December 2010 at 22:28.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Post:

Caren (13th December 2010), Lettherebelight (13th December 2010)

24. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Ayurvedic practices really seem to be the real deal. I've seen several documentaries on Ayurvedic Medicine and they are very convincing. It's all about being balanced with nature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast