+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: Doug Hagmann's DHS insider update: “IT HAS BEGUN.”

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,398 times in 1,674 posts

Default Re: Doug Hagmann's DHS insider update: “IT HAS BEGUN.”

Quote Posted by william r sanford72 (here)
    the barter system always seemed fair to me....i have said jar o honey....you have said mellon...lets trade.nice and simple.
    Fred has a loaf of bread to trade, wants honey
    Jim has a fish to trade, wants a loaf of bread
    Frank has honey to trade, wants a fish

Fred and Frank meet on the corner to barter. Fred offers Frank a loaf of bread for his honey, but Frank says "no thank you" to Fred, who moves on with his bread to the next corner in search of a more favorable transaction.

At the next corner Fred meets Jim. Jim is willing to trade a fish for Fred's loaf bread. But Fred does not want a fish, he wants honey, so he says "no thank you" to Jim. Fred, the good citizen he is, remembers Frank specifically wants a fish, so he suggests that Jim peddle his wares to the yonder corner where a man named Frank would be willing to trade for his fish.

Jim takes Fred's advise. He peddles his fish to the yonder corner and meets Frank, but all Frank has to offer is honey. Jim wants bread.

The moral of the story? This transaction requires a currency. Anything. Sea shells, bird feathers, a pebble of gold or silver. Anything to facilitate the transaction. If all three men met at the same corner, and at the same time, they would likely figure out a way to barter successfully between them. But an abstract currency, that serves as a measure of value, alleviates that necessity.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Curt (21st March 2013), Eram (21st March 2013), M6* (25th March 2013), mosquito (21st March 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    If its a war they want, then its a war they are gonna get. Much Strength in numbers here. Remember: Many of our armed forces here in America have family's. Once they smell a rat. Most of our armed forces and personell are going to pull out and head to their homes to defend/secure their family, this im quite sure of. When the going gets tough the tough get going. And when they fail, heck were gonna take back America once again. Maybe thats why we chose to incarnate here. To shift this badboy. Enjoy Johns Animal House Speech.

It's not over, until we say its over!
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

4evrneo (21st March 2013), Swanette (21st March 2013), WhiteFeather (21st March 2013)

5. Link to Post #43
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

Anyone want to know when the collapse will happen?

Keep your eye on what the big money makers are doing, and there you will find the answers.
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Positive Vibe Merchant For This Post:

4evrneo (21st March 2013), Fred Steeves (21st March 2013), GCS1103 (21st March 2013), jagman (21st March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), mosquito (21st March 2013), seko (21st March 2013), Soul Safari (21st March 2013), WhiteFeather (21st March 2013), william r sanford72 (23rd March 2013), witchy1 (21st March 2013)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,354 times in 21,475 posts

Quote Posted by Positive Vibe Merchant (here)
    Keep your eye on what the big money makers are doing
    How do we do that? Reliable information, about that and much else, is precious!
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (21st March 2013), Alan (21st March 2013), Eram (21st March 2013), GCS1103 (21st March 2013), Joseph McAree (21st March 2013), william r sanford72 (21st March 2013)

9. Link to Post #45
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Sheep are controlled by spooking them!
    www.buddhainthemud.com

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

4evrneo (21st March 2013), Curt (21st March 2013), DarMar (23rd March 2013), Kraut (21st March 2013), miqeel (21st March 2013), ruisatriani (21st March 2013), seko (21st March 2013), silverchimes (21st March 2013), Swanette (23rd March 2013), WhiteFeather (21st March 2013), william r sanford72 (21st March 2013), Wind (21st March 2013)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Hi guys!

I am cautious and excited by living in Cyprus at this moment of time. I just came here due to "coincidences" of life, live here for 2 years and was planning to move away this summer. I was in the protest on tuesday and i've been following events closely.

For one part, i understand the people who see this as just another bail-out, just another pushing from the system to enslave economically one more small country... But i must say that my instinct tells me something else this time.

First, its a very strange move from the ECB and Eurogroup, to not predict that a measure like this would be voted against and prolongate a situation of doubt, which would as a consequence create tension and fear. I have never seen this measure as something that experts would bluntly fail to predict, its just too strange.

Second, this fear of bankrupcy and mistrust in banks is likely to become a wave in western Europe, and people in my country (Portugal) or Spain, or Italy or Greece can might easily become scared to loose their money and start a run to the banks... If THIS happens, it will probably be TOTAL COLLAPSE.

So, to my eyes, i really hope i am wrong, but it seems that there is a steering wheel behind all this failed agreements and predictions. If it is the start, its the chance to REBUILD a new system, if this one goes down.

The Dalai-Lama used to say "whatever happens, nothing happens".

Cheers

12. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ruisatriani For This Post:

4evrneo (21st March 2013), Alan (21st March 2013), Alecs (22nd March 2013), Bea (23rd April 2013), centreoflight (21st March 2013), Conchis (21st March 2013), Corncrake (21st March 2013), Hervé (21st March 2013), InTheBackground (21st March 2013), Jean-Luc (22nd March 2013), mahalall (21st March 2013), mind-scape (21st March 2013), MorningSong (23rd March 2013), mosquito (25th April 2013), seko (21st March 2013), steveofengland (21st March 2013), T Smith (21st March 2013), ThePythonicCow (21st March 2013), TrumanCash (21st March 2013), WhiteFeather (21st March 2013), william r sanford72 (21st March 2013), write4change (25th March 2013), yiolas (23rd March 2013)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ruisatriani (here)
    Hi guys!

I am cautious and excited by living in Cyprus at this moment of time. I just came here due to "coincidences" of life, live here for 2 years and was planning to move away this summer. I was in the protest on tuesday and i've been following events closely.

For one part, i understand the people who see this as just another bail-out, just another pushing from the system to enslave economically one more small country... But i must say that my instinct tells me something else this time.

First, its a very strange move from the ECB and Eurogroup, to not predict that a measure like this would be voted against and prolongate a situation of doubt, which would as a consequence create tension and fear. I have never seen this measure as something that experts would bluntly fail to predict, its just too strange.

Second, this fear of bankrupcy and mistrust in banks is likely to become a wave in western Europe, and people in my country (Portugal) or Spain, or Italy or Greece can might easily become scared to loose their money and start a run to the banks... If THIS happens, it will probably be TOTAL COLLAPSE.

So, to my eyes, i really hope i am wrong, but it seems that there is a steering wheel behind all this failed agreements and predictions. If it is the start, its the chance to REBUILD a new system, if this one goes down.

The Dalai-Lama used to say "whatever happens, nothing happens".

Cheers
    Hi ruisatriani,

Thank you for the perspective. From what you are observing from family, friends, acquaintances, do people plan on taking out their money anyway? I imagine there is a pitch for everyone to remain calm, be patriotic, and keep their money in the bank since the parliment voted the bailout down, but in your estimation are the people going to comply?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Conchis (21st March 2013), RMorgan (21st March 2013), ruisatriani (22nd March 2013)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Yesterday i was going to play football with some friends... I drove through some ATM machines and... the scenario is getting chaotic! There was a line of 30/40 people in every cash machine... People are just scared and that's it... they don't care about what is said or done, they just want their money in their hands... Which will be useless if money or, at least, EURO money collapses.

Strangely, even though i have Nigel farage and other people in good consideration, I wondered when i saw his latest news intervention advising people to take all the money out of the banks... along with some other news commentators. And i was trhinking to myself if that is really a wise decision or just a push for chaos... although, on the other hand, i feel bad for being suspicious of everybody's opinion and maybe he's just trying to really say what he thinks its best. Can't trust no one at this moment...

Thinking in going back to portugal and start my plantation project!

Cheers

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ruisatriani For This Post:

bennycog (24th March 2013), Conchis (22nd March 2013), Curt (22nd March 2013), Heart-2-Heart (22nd March 2013), Hervé (22nd March 2013), InTheBackground (22nd March 2013), Jean-Luc (22nd March 2013), kanishk (3rd April 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd March 2013), T Smith (23rd March 2013), ThePythonicCow (22nd March 2013), toad (22nd March 2013), TrumanCash (22nd March 2013), vortexpoint (22nd March 2013), write4change (25th March 2013)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

Just picked this on this valuable blog which praises itself to have a fairly good so-called "BS"-detector.

Which is indeed IMO generally the case.

Info or intox ?

Quote It's getting serious

There has been some "mini" bankrun's since 2008, people who get their money out of Europe and or who make big reserves, but this kind of message is new.
    Apparently some fear a collapse of the Euro for the Easter weekend or later. A supermarket insider (Germany):

Markets have received the instruction from the very top to increase the quantity of goods by 40% in subsidiaries for the Easter weekend and the following weeks. What is surprising is that (1) this point was provided by phone [because it is urgent or not to leave a paper trail that could cause panic - Translator Note] and (2) we were asked to apply the desired priority for canned goods, pasta, mineral water, rice, flour, sugar, and (very important) baby food.

End of translation

The destruction of the euro has began. We must expect restrictions on transfers of capital, withdrawal limits, shortages in stores and in the worst cases - unlikely for now but may go quickly - closures of banks with all the consequences. As Celente said : The Financial System Is Collapsing Before Our ​​Eyes.

Source : http://mahamudras.blogspot.be/2013/0...t-serieux.html
    Last edited by Jean-Luc; 22nd March 2013 at 19:54.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

Eram (23rd March 2013), Flash (24th March 2013), golden lady (22nd March 2013), Jean-Marie (23rd March 2013), norman (22nd March 2013), T Smith (23rd March 2013)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

It's not a matter of "the us dollar is going to collapse", IT IS collapsing. Although the stock market is rallying to new highs, it's just designed to suck in the weak hands and draw more people in. The 40 trillion a month to backstop the housing and derivatives bubble, is destroying the dollar, while deflation occurs we sleep. It only takes a 2% move in the financial markets to cause a collapse (think MF Global).

When enough of the sheep have been fleeced and enough people are at poverty, the banksters will take out the middle class, who are already down about 50% FROM 2008, but still living the dream(nightmare).

So, we know it's here...we know it continues unabated, and we know it will reach a tippling point. It seems imminent to me, the perfect storm with so many dollars all around the world.

Be prepared. that's always been the mantra, more so now than ever.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed...ollapse-system
    Last edited by gripreaper; 23rd March 2013 at 19:30.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Anchor (23rd March 2013), D-Day (24th March 2013), Griff (24th March 2013), write4change (25th March 2013)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    It's not a matter of "the us dollar is going to collapse", IT IS collapsing.
    In my estimation, the bastards in power have three key objectives that regard the US Dollar:
    1. Replace the current global monetary system in the "rest" of the world, outside the US, which had been based on the US Dollar as the primary reserve currency, with another system that suits the bastard banksters for the next period.
    2. Impoverish Americans, foreclosing on debt and stealing wealth.
    3. Replace the domestic use of the Dollar within the US with the same global system as above.
    When forcing debt payments to fail, the bastard banksters make money scarce, driving up unemployment.

When forcing savings to become worthless, they steal them or drive the currency denominating them into high inflation.

So for those of us within the US, I expect money to become too scarce, before it becomes too plentiful. Right now the supposed increase in the monetary base is due to the Federal Reserve monetizing some of the already failed debt that had been held by a few favored parties, such as a few big banks. That extra money shows up on Jamie Dimon's books (he's CEO of JPMorgan), not on my books. Us commoners are seeing less money than before.

Meanwhile the value of the US Dollar in foreign exchange (for oil and many many other imports) is weakening, as other nations increasingly shun it. So Americans have less money, but pay more for gas (petro), food, clothing, and gadgets.

At some point, once what debt that is going to fail has failed, including that of some prominent state and local governments and some well known corporations, I anticipate that the bastard banksters will shift gears and spike fears of inflation. The best way to drive high inflation is to spike fears of it, just as the best way to cause bank runs is to spike fears of bank runs. That is when we will see the price of gold denominated in US Dollars spike.

Depressions are useful for taking property from those in debt, while inflation and high taxes are useful for taking money from the wealthy. The US has plenty of both debtors and wealthy, so both mechanisms are "needed."

Eventually, almost no one (but a few favored bastard banksters and their controllers and favored sons) will have anything left, and those that do will no longer trust the once mighty US Dollar. During "good times", such as in the US in the second half of the 20-th (last) century, people can be controlled with stuff, toys, entertainment, and greed. But during "hard times", some good old fashioned tyranny and extensive intelligence networks backed by unparalleled brutality provides the best control mechanisms.

So, yes, the US Dollar is collapsing, but in two domestic stages, first depression then high inflation, alongside an international unraveling of its power and a domestic US increase in tyranny.

The US Dollar, both as the cornerstone of the international monetary system and as the domestic currency of the US, is being destroyed.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Griff (24th March 2013), gripreaper (23rd March 2013), Hervé (24th March 2013), InTheBackground (23rd March 2013), kanishk (3rd April 2013), Poly Hedra (24th March 2013), T Smith (26th March 2013), write4change (25th March 2013)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Notice further the impact of transformative events, such as Great Depressions and World Wars, on generations of people.

The "greatest generation" that grew up in the Great Depression in the US would not let themselves get overly in debt. Nor would their children, the baby boomers (born after World War II) get too far into debt for college education or early in their career, being still somewhat under the guidance of their parents.

But as the unparalleled prosperity of the 1960's through 1990's in the US conditioned the baby boomers to expect a reliable and ever increasing income stream, they succumbed to the temptations of excess debt and excess greed. Thus was laid the great over extension of debt, at all levels, that is now being used, as it has been since time immemorial, to destroy a people and steal their wealth (and freedom.)

Similarly, I expect that China's Great Leap Forward, 1958-1961, has seared that generation of Chinese ... though I know not in what way nor to what effect. I wish I did know.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

crosby (23rd March 2013), fifi (24th March 2013), Hervé (24th March 2013), kanishk (3rd April 2013), Poly Hedra (24th March 2013), sunflower (23rd March 2013)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 times in 349 posts

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    No disrespect Bill, but Hagmann is starting to remind me of Fulford.

Cyprus (.02% of Euro GDP) is a small fish compared to Spain, Italy, Greece, etc., this is just more of the same banker strong arming that has been going on for several years now, trying to blackmail another "really small" country into more debt and manipulation.....

There's no doubt things are escalating, but I personally do not see cyprus as the smoking gun to go into panic mode.....
    Cyprus may appear to be "small fish" until one realizes that, like Greece and Egypt, it's sitting on top of huge mineral resources:

I was reading this article on SOTT.net (http://www.sott.net/articles/show/24...Greek-Property) about Greece selling properties, etc... but what interested me most was the comment to this article:

Quote Greece Has More Oil Than Iran. By: Highland Fleet Lute

The southern part of Crete apparently has more oil than Iran! Speaking on STEP FM in Canada, Professor Antonis Foskolos from the Department of Mineral Resources and Engineering of the Technical University of Crete. said that "we committed ​​a crime back in 1997 when they stopped investigations."

Foskolos said that the hydrocarbon fields under Crete are immense with at least 22 billion barrels of oil. The Herodotus Basin he said has some 14 to 15 billion barrels of oil, while there are only 400 million barrels in Patras. He also noted that the deposits of natural gas recently found in Cyprus are still "small" because there are at least three other layers that have yet to be investigated. Cyprus has four layers.. said Foskolos... but the aforementioned basin under Crete has "7 layers"!

The Professor said that once the oil begins being exploited it will all be exported, since the whole area Crete has an additional 22 billion barrels of oil totaling some 38 billion barrels! "We are at the level of Iran in relation to stocks," (meaning oil reserves) noted Foskolos and concluded by saying that in 2016-2017 this development, and these riches will change the face of Greece. This "will change the strength of the country. "

In an earlier report on hellasfrappe Foskolos had said that the two areas that in his professional opinion have significant amount of deposits are nine mud volcanoes southeast of Crete, in the Greek Herodotus basin. More precisely, the mud volcanoes in this area contain high amounts of hydrocarbon reserves, primarily natural gas, of approximately 1.5 trillion cubic meters! (Click here for that story). This is comparable with what has been found in the Nile Delta, the Caspian Sea (deposit Shah Deniz), Norway and elsewhere.

In his expert opinion, the south eastern basin of Herodotus in Crete has reserves that surpass two trillion cubic meter mark. This is a vast amount and can only be compared to what was discovered in the Nile Delta (by SHELL, BP) . He says the sediments are of the same origin and geological formations are very similar. In all so far, it is estimated that there are 3.5 trillion cubic meters of gas located there, which can be equaled to 20-22 billion barrels of oil!

The benefits for Greece are obvious. Foskolos believes that the exploitation of these deposits will create a total of 300,000 jobs. At least 100,000 in the primary sector and 200,000 jobs in the secondary sector, while all revenue can be reaped by the Greek state in 25 years amounts to 437 billion US and this is not counting the profits from the pipeline that will transport the natural gas to Europe ( at a length of 1000 km at a cost of approximately $ 20,000 / km, or 25 billion US dollars.)

Other experts agree with Foskolos as well. A separate report on the Chaniotika nea site said that Professor Giannis Makris says that there are two potential hydrocarbon reserves southwest of Crete, where sediment thickness frin 10 to 12 kilometers, and there are hydrocarbon reserves in Western Crete where there are 3 fields of mud volcanoes.

.... and thousands of tons of gold, uranium, osmium and and other rare minerals, apparently.

"Whenever we attempted to start bidding processes that would allow corporations to create infrastructure for the extraction of the resources we received major pressure to abandon the efforts and warnings that 'nothing will materialise' no matter what we do".....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8M-...eature=related
    [Link]
    This, together with Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Syria...

The last countries standing up against the IMF firing squad were Libya, Venezuela, North Korea, Cuba and Iran... how many have now been checked out?

So, what can you guess the real plan to be?

Perhaps... maybe... prevent other Libya or Venezuela to rise up to the plate? By ensuring their mineral assets are securely hypothecated with triple or quadruple mortgages... maybe?

As Ilie pointed out:
    Quote The collapse will happen not when we expect it, but when it's useful.
    ... to them, of course.

Anyone ever read John Perkins' "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man"?

I would add Ireland to that list,many don`t know this but just before our country was''force-fed'' our imf medicine in 2010 massive oil reserves were discovered off our western and eastern coasts,W.Of course there is a very blatant pattern here

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to David Trd1 For This Post:

Hervé (24th March 2013), InTheBackground (23rd March 2013), Poly Hedra (24th March 2013), Swanette (23rd March 2013), write4change (25th March 2013)

27. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    So, yes, the US Dollar is collapsing, but in two domestic stages, first depression then high inflation, alongside an international unraveling of its power and a domestic US increase in tyranny.
    Ok, so practically, while dollars become increasingly scarce for the average person, corporations scale back on production of consumer goods, prices are under pressure to go down to compete for those scarce dollars, and we are all pretty much living hand to mouth, what must we do?

During the deflationary period of the cycle, (we are in this now) we are to pile up as much resources as we can, which can be used to survive, while not accumulating any debt. Any debts we do have should be defaulted and expunged, except possibly a mortgage which is manageable under worst case conditions and can provide shelter and a source of food. All suburban mortgages should be abandoned.

Once the debt is eliminated, those resources which used to go to service that debt, should be used to purchase goods, which can be stored, for when such goods are not available during a collapse. If you are still sending your energy to the banksters and not providing for yourselves a stash of resources, you're not paying attention to what's going down.

When inflation hits, and it will, you must be able to "not need" much from the collapsing system in regards to basic food, clothing and shelter. It also helps to be in a small community of like minded individuals who could (and would) band together and produce locally within the community and pool their energies and resources.

So, first the personal cleansing, then the local outreach.

For those who are not at the point where their own fiscal houses are in order, they will get caught with their proverbial pants down, and the ride is going to be pretty rough for them. The remaining "middle class" will get hit the hardest.

It does "feel" like we are almost there now, where the money supply circulating through commerce has been shrunk sufficiently, the derivatives bubble has been inflated sufficiently, and the velocity of the movement of the dollar has sufficiently slowed down, and the dollar is being sufficiently shunned worldwide.

Not much left to do, that I can see, but pull the plug, pop the derivatives bubble, collapse the currency, and add in a few false flags and psychological warfare scenarios, and the transformation could occur rather quickly and also take care of many other parts of the agenda at the same time.

How fast and how bad are the only unknown variables at this point.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...by-the-numbers
    Last edited by gripreaper; 24th March 2013 at 01:21.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

fifi (24th March 2013), InTheBackground (25th March 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (23rd March 2013)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesseract (here)
    We are a diverse community here, however the frequency of occurrence of socialist fear mongering on this forum is a little off-putting. I read through the text in the OP, however, based on the quality of it I have little mind to devote further time to reading more from this man.

“It is a plan for a one world Communist economy”

The author’s bias is lit up like a neon light with this bit of conservative demagoguery.

‘Based on the events in Cyprus, it should be quite clear to even the most vocal critic of the legitimacy of the information provided to me by my source within the DHS as published on this web site is no longer at issue.’

Does that sentence even make sense?

“The occupancy of Barack Hussein Obama”

Yes, his middle name is Hussein. It’s well you pointed that out, for the xenophobic contingent of your readership should respond positively to that, as I am sure you know.

‘from the controversy of his birth records to his college transcripts and even his social security number’

Why do conservatives so often fail to attack Obama on his murderous foreign policy (where he has actually had killed good people), yet so often go to great and elaborate lengths to destroy his legitimacy with weapons as polemically feeble as innuendo about his birth? It really is quite moronic. I suppose it is because, deep down, the same conservatives have a shame to hide and that is that their own past foreign policy (Vietnam, Iran, Libya, Cuba) are in direct alignment with Obama’s in the present.

‘chaos brought about by the economic collapse’

This US economic collapse has been the mainstay of internet-published conspiracy theories since 1999 (at the latest). I guess one of these days someone will be right by accident.

‘What happens when the middle class loses much of their wealth’

Well, I suppose they would then be, you know, “poor people”, those folk you’ve feared and hated your whole life.
    Hello Tesseract,

I appreciate your perspective here, and while it's tempting to write this analysis off as conservative criticism of Barack Obama, (blah, blah, blah) in my estimation dismissing this discussion as "ideological bias" leaves us vulnerable to the right/left trap set for us by the very orchestrators of the ticking time bomb.

The fact is there is a global concentration of power afoot that resembles the emergence of collectivist world government. That this power structure is nascent, abstract, and not yet pronounced nor politically mature doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And regardless of how we choose to observe this development per our own unique ideological biases, the fact that we are moving toward a one-world government of sorts is not in dispute. It is well documented and but the evolution of current geopolitical developments well under foot. It don't think it's a fair assessment to write this off as "conspiracy theory."

It is also fine and well to pooh pooh the doom-and-gloom aspects of imminent economic collapse discussed by the OP. But again, the fact is, we are already amid a global economic collapse. This is a mathematical certainty and not a conspiracy theory. So, yes. One of these days someone peddling the various collapse scenarios will be correct, by default, because the fact is, the collapse is already afoot. The catastrophic aspects (bread lines, riots, marital law, etc.) may not happen for another ten or twenty years from now, and in this sense we may say that those stoking the flames of imminent collapse may be peddling fear. That said, anyone who dismisses these things outright does not fully understand the global economic reality, or if they do, they are in denial about it.

As far as Barack Obama goes, he may or may not be the manchurian candidate some have envisioned. This, I agree, is a conspiracy theory. Regardless, it should be very clear to any objective and sober observer not clouded by their emotional political investments that the President of the United States is indeed concealing his identity. You can't fault the OP for exploiting these facts. I don't presume to know why the President is concealing his identity, nor will I indulge in any of the conspiracy theories surrounding these facts. But it would be intellectually dishonest to say Barack Obama is not concealing his birth and college records. For whatever the reason, his duplicity in these issues only encourages the various conspiracy theories.

I'm not sure what to make of the various issues discussed in the OP. Will we see a collapse of the Euro in the ensuing weeks and then a collapse of the dollar shortly thereafter? I don't know. It may be a premature alarm. But I'm certainly not scoffing at this information. We should take the information very seriously, even if it does appear like ideological posturing.
    Last edited by T Smith; 24th March 2013 at 04:14.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Nickolai (24th March 2013)

31. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Bill,

It's wonderful to be back on Avalon in an active way. Part of my absence was due to planning for
    a major move a little closer to "home" and part of it was due to tech problems (as par for the course
    with me). I applied for a new password and for a while it didn't work ....but today it did. (?):-)

Now I see I have quite a bit of homework to do....so I shall try to give more time and attention to
    your posts that I have missed. All this does make me wonder how many wars (of all kinds) we have
    to endure before we "get it right", but then I am silly enough to somehow believe we can make a
    difference for the sake of the good. Thanks again for all you do! M6*

32. Link to Post #57
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,530 times in 419 posts

I don't believe it, we have been hearing the same thing for a long time with no real evidence to support it.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewgreen For This Post:

Nickolai (24th March 2013)

34. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Regarding your response T-Smith, I found it on a Sunday, so I have the luxury of time to write a reply. I decided to go back through Hagmann’s comments in the OP and look for statements that might be labelled as information (rather than opinion, prediction). To that end, I selected the main present or past tense declarative statements in his piece. I reviewed them and did not come up with anything novel, with one questionable exception that I will get to. Some notes to summarise:

1) The overriding theory Hagmann is trying to spread is that there is an international conspiracy to establish a one-world communist economy. [I dismiss this, yes]

2) The conspirators seek to destroy the US dollar and collapse the US economy in order to achieve point 1. [I dismiss this because as it relies on point 1 being true]

3) The US-dollar and global economy collapse has already begun. [Problems in Europe, yes, this is old news. I believe that a total US-dollar collapse is not currently in motion, but of course there are logical arguments for and against that it could happen soon]

4) Federal agents will be deployed on the streets to maintain order. [This possibility has always been, and always will be. But I do not agree that it will definitely happen in the near future.]

5) The sum of novel information in Hagmann’s text posted in the OP is zero or almost zero IMO. The only statement, taken at face value, that is notionally revealing (unless you believe the communist stuff) is the one about federal forces preparing for deployment on the streets of America. However I am being generous here, because the statement is not actually very explicit. ‘Final preparations’ implies, but does not commit to, imminent deployment. ‘Streets of America’ implies, but does not commit to a nationwide deployment. ‘Heavily armed’ implies, but does not commit to the use of tanks and machine gun nests etc... Of course, Hagmann is not the first to present the idea of an impending martial law type scenario but he tries to give it weight by quoting an anonymous source.

To respond more to your own comments:

‘I appreciate your perspective here, and while it's tempting to write this analysis off as conservative criticism of Barack Obama, (blah, blah, blah) in my estimation dismissing this discussion as "ideological bias" leaves us vulnerable to the right/left trap set for us by the very orchestrators of the ticking time bomb.’

Logic and clear communication transcend ideology, if there were pearls of insight or revelation in his material I would be appreciative – regardless of his conservative stance. To illustrate, I always listened to Christopher Hitchens and often valued his material, despite his apostasy. Pearls are pearls and mud is mud. I write off facile, demagogic, ill-disciplined analysis simply because it is facile, demagogic and ill-disciplined.

Am I falling into a trap because I opposed the right-wing invasion of Iraq? Am I falling into a trap because I argue that oil money should be used to pay for people’s education and healthcare instead of Rolls Royces and gulf stream jets for oil executives? If there is any trap, it is the comfort of complacency.

‘The fact is there is a global concentration of power afoot that resembles the emergence of collectivist world government’

Collectivist world government? The gap between rich and poor has never been greater, we have never shared less. Resources are owned and hoarded not for the benefit of the people, but for the select few. Nations are being split apart – not coming together.

‘I don't think it's a fair assessment to write this off as "conspiracy theory."’

Yes, it is. It is perfectly fair to write off the idea of an impending global communist government - however I disagree on your choice of term, for to call this idea a conspiracy theory gives it more dignity than it deserves. If I were to call it something truly appropriate you'd only see a bunch of asterisks. Communists, socialists and peoples revolutionaries don’t get along too well with Monarchs, I refer you to the events of Russia 1917, England 1649, Libya 1969, France 1789 etc etc, so why would royal elites set up a global communist rule? They’d be the first to lose their privileges. The idea is absurd for other reasons too, as has been pointed out by other posters.

‘It is also fine and well to pooh pooh the doom-and-gloom aspects of imminent economic collapse discussed by the OP. But again, the fact is, we are already amid a global economic collapse.’

Economic collapse in the US is possible, I’m just not expecting it tomorrow. I know about Europe’s even more urgent problems completely independently of anything written by Hagmann.

‘the President of the United States is indeed concealing his identity’

I refer to my original statement on this matter.

‘Will we see a collapse of the Euro in the ensuing weeks and then a collapse of the dollar shortly thereafter? I don't know. It may be a premature alarm. But I'm certainly not scoffing at this information. We should take the information very seriously, even if it does appear like ideological posturing.’

I agree global economics should be taken seriously – it would be an assumption on your part if you think that my criticism of Hagmann’s text means that I don’t take global economics seriously. I also don’t know what will happen, although I am cognisant of some of the possibilities – we’re all speculators at this point.
    Last edited by Tesseract; 24th March 2013 at 19:53. Reason: typo

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Bea (23rd April 2013), swoods_blue (26th March 2013)

36. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesseract (here)
    1) The overriding theory Hagmann is trying to spread is that there is an international conspiracy to establish a one-world communist economy. [I dismiss this, yes]
    If I drop the word "communist", then what would you say to this: "There is an international conspiracy to establish a one-world economy." ?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

kanishk (3rd April 2013)

38. Link to Post #60
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

"Cyprus limits ATM withdrawals to 100 euros per day"
    http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/cyprus-...er-day-5379683

after i saw that new article today and i do believe they really orchestrated for Economy to Collapse. Problem-reaction-Solution or Orion Model.

i wonder what's the next Episode going to be after Cyprus?

as i look at it right now is not the System or One World Government but more of the nature of human side full of egos and greed. Doesn't matter what kind of system you have but with those type then nothing will work.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 24th March 2013 at 23:43.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Pam (28th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast