+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aloe vera juice... amazing stuff!!

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Default Aloe vera juice... amazing stuff!!

Hi folks,

Thought some of you might like to learn a little bit about aloe vera juice and the wonderful health benefits it can provide when incorporated into one's weekly health regime.

For those who are already familiar with this information, please feel free to share any personal insights, experiences, opinions, hints, or tips you may have.

For those who are not yet familiar, here is a short articlie outlining some of the key benefits associated with drinking aloe vera juice...

Health Benefits of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice

Aloe Vera is packed full of the nutrients your body needs – inside and out – to feel GREAT and look AMAZING.

Lots of people are already familiar with the many benefits of using Aloe Vera on the skin – for rashes, cuts, bruises, sunburn and so on. But not so many people know about the health benefits of drinking aloe vera juice.

Firstly, aloe vera juice is completely safe and it’s very versatile. It’s actually called an “adaptogen” because it literally adapts to the body’s needs. Many of the benefits of drinking aloe vera juice stem from the fact that it naturally contains so many different nutrients: vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other trace elements.

These are all perfectly balanced in a proportion that is ideally suited for the body to utilize effectively for its own healing and repair. So it’s not quite true that aloe vera juice is a miracle cure. It’s more that it contains so much nutrition that’s vital for the body to heal itself…

Here, in no particular order, is a guide to the top ten health benefits of drinking aloe vera juice:

1. Detox Aloe vera juice is a great natural aid to detox. With our stressful lives, the pollution around us and the junk foods we eat, we all need to cleanse our systems from time to time. Some people more often than others! Drinking aloe vera juice provides a fantastically rich cocktail of vitamins, minerals and trace elements to help our bodies deal with these stresses and strains everyday.

2. Healthy Digestion A healthy digestive system makes sure that we absorb as many of the nutrients as possible from the foods we eat. Aloe vera juice has natural detoxifying abilities; and drinking aloe vera juice seems to improve bowel regularity and increases protein absorption. It also helps to decrease the amount of unfriendly bacteria and yeast in our gut. Aloe vera has been shown to help reduce and soothe heartburn and other digestive problems.

3. Natural Immune Support Aloe vera is full of anti-oxidants – natural immune enhancers which fight free radicals within our body. Free radicals are the unstable compounds produced as a side-effect of our metabolism. They are thought to cause various ailments, as well as contributing to the ageing process. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly gives the body a regular supply of anti-oxidants, which can boost and enhance the immune system.

4. Reduce Inflammation Aloe vera juice contains 12 substances which can slow down or inhibit inflammation, without any side-effects. Some people say that drinking aloe vera juice helps with their stiff, swollen or painful joints.

5. Collagen and Elastin Repair for Healthy Skin Drinking aloe vera juice adds a rich supply of raw materials to your diet, which can produce and maintain really healthy skin. The skin replaces itself every 28 days. Using the nutritional building blocks of aloe vera, the skin can use these nutrients daily to help combat the effects of ageing. Aloe vera also helps in soothing minor burns, cuts, scrapes and skin irritations.

6. Regulate Weight and Energy Levels Drinking aloe vera juice naturally allows the body to cleanse the digestive system. Our diets include many substances which can cause fatigue and exhaustion. Taken regularly, aloe vera juice ensures a greater feeling of well-being, allowing energy levels to increase and helps maintain a healthy body weight.

7. Daily Dose of Vitamins & Minerals Aloe vera juice contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12 (the aloe vera plant is one of the few plants in the world to contain vitamin B12), C, E, Folic Acid and Niacin. The human body cannot store some of these vitamins, so we need to supplement them regularly through our diet. The minerals found in aloe vera include Calcium, Sodium, Iron, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Magnesium, Chromium and more… Plenty of good nutrition in aloe vera juice!

8. Amino Acids The human body requires 20 amino acids to build protein; 8 of these amino acids are ‘essential’ which means the body can’t make them itself. Aloe vera contains 19 of these amino acids, and 7 of the essential amino acids. So drinking aloe vera juice tops up your body’s daily supply.

9. Dental Health Aloe vera is extremely helpful for your mouth and gums. As well as its natural anti-bacterial and anti-microbial actions, it contains vitamins and minerals which promote cell growth and healing. There are some aloe vera toothgels available which contain a high level of pure aloe vera, which may help with bleeding gums and mouth ulcers.

10. Better than Nutritional Supplements Recent research has shown that adding good foods to our diets, rich in naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, is far better than adding supplements alone. The good news is that Aloe Vera juice is considered a food, rather than a manufactured supplement. So drinking aloe vera juice is probably better than taking supplements alone, because our bodies can absorb all the nutrients in aloe vera more easily, and utilize them more effectively.
    Source: http://aloeandyou.com/aloe-vera/heal...vera-juice.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

... and here are a couple of YouTube video that show just how easy it is to make the juice yourself at home using locally sourced aloe vera stems/leaves (I "borrow" mine from my next door neighbour's front yard ):

Last edited by D-Day; 29th March 2013 at 23:25.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: Aloe vera juice... amazing stuff!!

Thanks, gotta give it a try!
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

D-Day (29th March 2013), Nickolai (29th March 2013), WhiteFeather (29th March 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Works great on ulcers to alieve pain in minutes. Takes pain out of burns and rapid healing. Cleanses toxins in colon and destroy tumoroidal viruses in the colon, alieviates IBS. I use it all the time when I can find it here in America. They are just catching on, but I've used it for decades. My ulcerated stomach back then couldn't even tolerate soda acids. Used goat milk after ingesting pure aloe out the leaf, while vacationing in Jamaica. Then back on the boat used goat milk to put a coating on the wounded stomach/bandaid for future acidic episodes of tomatoe sauces, and spicey foods.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

D-Day (29th March 2013), Kristo (30th March 2013), Nickolai (29th March 2013), Swanette (30th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Thanks, gotta give it a try!
    Ditto Wind. Thanks for sharing this D Day.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

D-Day (29th March 2013), Kristo (30th March 2013), Nickolai (29th March 2013), ulli (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

My favorite brand is the one endorsed by the Edgar Cayce Foundation, Lily of the Desert. Very tart taste that I like.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

9. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

D-Day (30th March 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Fresh aloe vera gel is much better than any of the processed stuff, which is generally heat treated, and is usually watered down and adulterated.
    You can order fresh aloe vera leaves from Aloe Labs in Harlingen Texas by the case, 25 lb. minimum.
    http://www.aloelabs.com/
    You can call direct 800 258 5380 and ask for Mike.
    (Most Mexican grocers also carry the fresh leaves.)
    I usually order 35 lbs per month.
    The leaves will keep quite well without refrigeration if stored properly.
    They need to be kept cool and dry, with good air circulation.
    I have a kind of crate type of shelving made of metal wire, which serves very well.
    I put about a pound of fresh gel in my morning fruit smoothie.
    The health benefits are huge.

update: I should add that these leaves are specifically for consumption, though the gel is also good for burns, etc.
    They weigh from 1-3 lbs each.
    The skin is tough and must be peeled off, as the juice from the skin is bitter and acts as a laxative.
    But the gel is full of oxygen and many other nutrients.
    If you don't use a whole leaf at once, the remainder should be put in plastic and refrigerated.
    It's best to use a whole leaf within 2-3 days.
    Once you've had the fresh gel, you won't want the processed stuff.
    Last edited by onawah; 30th March 2013 at 01:06.
    Each breath a gift...

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

D-Day (29th March 2013), Eram (29th March 2013), fifi (29th September 2020), fourty-two (30th March 2013), Kristo (30th March 2013), Kryztian (28th September 2020), Swanette (30th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Yes amazing and--- I have never seen anything heal skin as fast as Aloe vera gel.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

D-Day (29th March 2013), Wind (29th March 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Here's another short video outlining some key benefits of drinking aloe vera juice on a regular basis...

I started taking aloe vera juice regularly about 4 weeks ago after incorporating it into a colon cleanse that I was undetaking around that time.

Here are the ingredients I used for that (6 day) colon cleanse if anyone is interested...

- 1 x bottle Oxy-Powder caps (http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/c...xy-powder.html)
    - 1 x bottle Latero-Flora caps(http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/s...upplement.html)
    - 500 ml organic aloe vera juice
    - Juice of 3 (preferably organic) lemons
    - 250 ml organic apple cider vinegar (with Mother)
    - 24 litres of purified water (4 litres per day)
    - Fresh fruit and vegetables (preferably organic) to be used as meals during the 6 day cleanse period

**total cost for the cleanse was approximately AUD $80-$90 (excluding fruit/veg for meals)**

Also, here's a link to some instructions for the cleanse if anyone thinks they might like to give it a go themselves:Dr Group's 6 Day Colon Cleanse

After completing that cleanse I literally felt AMAZING!!

Seriously, I can't EVER remember feeling as I good as I did after doing that cleanse (except for when I was a little kid maybe).

Anyway, after conducting some further research into aloe vera juice I decided after my colon cleanse to start taking aloe vera juice 3 times a week as part of a regular colon/bowel/intestine maintenance program.

And you know what... I STILL feel just as good as I did immediately after completing the colon cleanse.

I have since completed a kidney clenase and am now part way through a parasite cleanse.

Next up will be a liver and gall bladder cleanse (I will probably end up doing at least 3 of these).

Then finally a chemical/heavy-metal cleanse to complete the detox process.
    Last edited by D-Day; 30th March 2013 at 04:22.

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

I started to add Aloe Vera to my smoothies, thanks to a helpful tip from one of Project Avalons wonderful health gurus, Onawah!

The first few times, I was getting a bitter taste and my digestion was not that stable, so I am getting better at figuring out how to get the bitter part out. There are a few videos on how to prepare aloe vera directly from the leaf, but this might be the most comprehensive way (you only need the to watch the first 7 minutes).

Last edited by Kryztian; 28th September 2020 at 17:29. Reason: fixing the essential emoticon

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

avid (28th September 2020), Constance (28th November 2020), onawah (28th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (28th September 2020), TargeT (28th September 2020)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

I have been reading one of Dr. Peter D'Adamo's books about eating for your blood type.

Although it does not discuss aloe vera specifically, it does list certain foods for different blood types and places them in one of three categories: "highly beneficial", "neutral" and "avoid". For blood type "A", aloe vera is considered "highly beneficial". For blood types "O", "B" and "AB", they are listed as "avoid". This is probably because there are lectins in Aloe Vera that cause agglutination of the blood cells in some blood types and not in others.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Constance (28th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (28th November 2020)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Just be careful not to scrape too close to the skin when you are fileting the aloe leaf.
    It's the skin that is bitter.
    There is a yellow juice in the skin that also stains, so best not to get that on your clothing.
    Also, it's very odd, but if you use fresh aloe regularly, you should be aware that it has an odor that is very like human B.O.!!
    (Not like underarm perspiration, but that general unwashed smell.)
    I use plenty of essential oils for that reason.
    [QUOTE=Kryztian;1380441]I started to add Aloe Vera to my smoothies, thanks to a helpful tip from one of Project Avalons wonderful health gurus, Onawah!

The first few times, I was getting a bitter taste and my digestion was not that stable, so I am getting better at figuring out how to get the bitter part out. [QUOTE]
    Last edited by onawah; 28th November 2020 at 20:38.
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (28th November 2020), Kryztian (30th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread