+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: Nanoo Nanoo's Movie Review Thread : 0 )

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Default Re: Nanoo Nanoo's Movie Review Thread : 0 )

Blasphemy, you deserve a good booting for your insults:

Without Australian cinema, we'd have no Nicole Kidman, nor her first movie, this gem was one of my favorites:

Granted, for a poseur like me, it didn't hold a candle to the American knock off:

2. Link to Post #102
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Thats not a simpsons down unda , this is a simpsons down unda !

ok ok ill give you BMX bandits , from a neo nerdist pioint of view its ok but man you guys .. ugh plhease stop with australian movies aaaarrrrgh !

lol

N
    Last edited by Nanoo Nanoo; 19th November 2013 at 23:02.

3. Link to Post #103
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I love this show , just some humour while i do my next review.

4. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,974 times in 20,621 posts

Nanoo, you should never let anyone know what your Achille's Heel is!
    And on that note, thanks for the mention of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (another Aussie favorite) in the Simpson's clip you posted...!!

From:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adv..._of_the_Desert :
    Quote The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is a 1994 Australian comedy-drama film written and directed by Stephan Elliott. The plot follows the journey of two drag queens and a transsexual woman, played by Hugo Weaving, Guy Pearce, and Terence Stamp, across the Australian Outback from Sydney to Alice Springs in a tour bus that they have named "Priscilla", along the way encountering various groups and individuals. Containing elements of comedy, the film's title is a pun on the fact that in English speaking cultures, "queen" is a slang term for a male homosexual.[1]
    The film was noted for helping to bring Australian cinema to world attention[citation needed] and for its positive portrayal of LGBT individuals, helping to introduce LGBT themes to a mainstream audience.[citation needed] The film has also been criticized for perceived racist and sexist stereotyping.[citation needed]
    The film received predominantly positive reviews and won an Academy Award for Best Costume Design at the 67th Academy Awards. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section of the 1994 Cannes Film Festival[2] and became a cult classic in both Australia and abroad. Priscilla subsequently provided the basis for a musical, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, which opened in 2006 in Sydney before travelling to New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Canada, and New York City's Broadway.
    Trailer here:

You can watch the whole movie free on youtube at:

And speaking of forgiveness, redemption and facing death, If I Were You is an intelligently done little movie about all that and it's a very funny sort of modern screwball comedy besides. It sounds like a chickflick from the synopsis, but it's too funny to be that limited.

See it live streaming on Netflix at:
    http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/If...trkid=13573466
    Trailer at:

Quote What happens when your new best friend is your husband’s mistress? Madelyn Reid (Marcia Gay Harden) accidentally learns of her husband’s infidelity when she saves his sexy young mistress Lucy (Leonor Watling) from a bungled suicide attempt. When her unsuspecting young rival suggests the two new friends take each other’s advice – on everything – Madelyn sees an opportunity to seize the upper hand. But the plan backfires when Lucy, an aspiring actress, insists Madelyn keep her end of the bargain and orders her to star as King Lear in a community production, with Lucy playing The Fool. Things really get out of control when Lucy starts giving Madelyn instructions on dealing with an amorous coworker and a handsome stranger (Aidan Quinn).
    Last edited by onawah; 22nd November 2013 at 04:35.
    Each breath a gift...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

dianna (12th January 2014)

6. Link to Post #105
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thor: The Dark World

I remember seeing Thor and watching it several times because of its story and special effects. Well its always hard to top a great movie but The Dark World is something else ! The level of high tech CG , space craft that frankly, must have been designed by the people who flew it and magical mystery is like nothing ive seen ! The movie has good story , not so much charachter driven, Chris Hemsworth , even being australian is not bad... Tom Hiddleson ran rings around him , Natalie Portman ... meh ... Anthony Hopkins .. meh , he was much better in Thor .. Marked improvement with Kat Dennings shes getting there for sure ! ,

The stand outs are Stellen Skarsgard , absolutely briliant as usual., Renne Russo , is magical and i mean shes totally awesome , guys , she does a fight scene that made my antlers move ! but the top award goes to Christopher Eccleston ! man , he was so convincing i had to pinch my self ! i thought i was in the Orbits Battle in Tau Ceti 4 million years ago! Excellent !

Guys and Girls this movie is a tech monster ! the scenes are so life like and well scripted its brilliant , do see it on the big screen !

Alien Star Rating 11
    Last edited by Nanoo Nanoo; 21st November 2013 at 04:28.

7. Link to Post #106
    Australia Avalon Member markoid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 times in 479 posts

I just watched an entertaining feel good sorta extraterrestrial movie called K-Pax,
    Enjoy...

Last edited by markoid; 11th January 2014 at 10:31.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markoid For This Post:

Earth Angel (11th January 2014), Nanoo Nanoo (12th January 2014)

9. Link to Post #107
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I loved K Pax ! instant 9 Star Alien Rating !

10. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

I'm a third of the way through Peter Jackson's Beatles doc called "Get Back," which is on the Disney Channel. It is reassuring to see that the Beatles weren't great all the time or on demand. But as to the movie, which will cost you a monthly Disney subscription to see, I don't recommend it.

I should note that the breakup of the Beatles is documented at the end of Part One.

There's a lot of mention of "Magic Alex" but if you read engineer Geoff Emerick's book, you'll remember that Emerick had a low opinion of Magic Alex's electronic abilities.
    Last edited by TomKat; 28th November 2021 at 04:27.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6