+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Probiotic gives new hope to premature babies

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

Default Probiotic gives new hope to premature babies

Australian doctors have discovered a cheap and simple solution to a deadly health problem suffered by very premature babies.

One in eight babies born in Australia are born premature, and many babies born eight weeks early can develop a serious bowel condition called necrotising enterocolitis, or NEC.

The potentially fatal condition, which occurs because the baby's gut is colonised by bad bacteria instead of good bacteria, can require surgery and multiple hospital visits.

Babies with the illness can also have neurological complications such as cerebral palsy.

Dr Girish Deshpande from Sydney's Nepean Hospital says there are not many effective treatments for the condition, so prevention is the best option.

Because of this, doctors at the hospital have been trialling a probiotic supplement on all babies born eight weeks premature.

In the last year, no babies given the probiotic at Nepean Hospital have developed the bowel condition.

Story here

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Ellisa (13th April 2013), genevieve (13th April 2013), Joseph McAree (12th April 2013), Limor Wolf (13th April 2013), Marin (19th April 2013), mojo (10th May 2022), penn (13th April 2013), sandy (13th April 2013), Siren Master (20th April 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th April 2013), ThePythonicCow (13th April 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Default Re: Probiotic gives new hope to premature babies

What kills me is that with all the billions and billions and billions being spent on "health care" we live in a world so contaminated and dysfunctional that mortality is exploding through the ceiling (the people with the numbers know...) Preemies being merely one symptom of this deplorable attack on humanity. And they find a cure in something as simple as probiotics. I am stunned on the one hand that this is a "major discovery" but what do you expect from "the health care system" ... anyhow this quantum leap in "creative healthcare" is just rediscovering what already was working... as I imagine such "probiotics" would come from a healthy mother's breast milk... if there is such a thing anymore, given all the toxins now found in human biological tissue... I guess it is amazing they are willing to go against pharmaceutical principle to be able to reach such a solution, rather then let an innocent child die.

Quote In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
    What would happen if they took all those billions and billions and billions and just spent it on healthy food and permaculture co-ops which should be the wave of the future for local food production for growing families you could have thousand of grow ops producing local organic veggies and fresh fish, using heat and electricity from the sun. Death to Monsanto as one of the the tools of the banking families, this is their scheming in the end.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

albativo (13th April 2013), genevieve (13th April 2013), mojo (10th May 2022), music (13th April 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th April 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

One reason (main reason IMO) that our natural bacteria is out of balance (DEAD) is because we are eating herbacides every day, thanks to Monsanto. What happens when you put herbacide on a plant(intestinal flora)???It dies. Then all the nasty critters take over and then you are sick.. It is shocking to me too that they act in that article like this is some miraculous scientific breakthrough when alternative health practitioners have know about it for centuries. LOL (shakes head in disbelief).. But I guess the good news is that it DID make main stream media. go figure.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

mojo (10th May 2022), music (19th April 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

I do a lot of fermenting, and you just can't use any food that has been sprayed because yes, the good bacteria can't survive the poison. I know, msm is slow on the uptake, but what I see happening now is a slight loosening of control as power slips from the hands of the would-be masters of the world. Expect more "awareness" from msm

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

mojo (10th May 2022), Siren Master (20th April 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,505 times in 5,654 posts

The video below is a good explanation about probiotics. I never knew they played such a role for the immune system. For so many years I never considered it...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

leavesoftrees (12th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread