+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

1. Link to Post #21
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Default Re: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

Well, I thought to add the different ET's type as well, you know.. Title says 'type descriptions'

http://www.bizton.com/id215.html

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), Eram (23rd April 2013), Kindling (23rd April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), markpierre (23rd April 2013), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013), william r sanford72 (23rd April 2013), Wind (23rd April 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Paula (here)
    Quote Posted by etheric underground (here)
    Which group has the largest percentage Paula??
    Oh, this is a test isn't is? Pressure... I did read it but don't recall at the moment.
    From How Frequent Is My Type? (The Briggs & Myers Foundation):
    From Personality Cafe:
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), Dah (24th April 2013), Eram (24th April 2013), Freed Fox (23rd April 2013), kanishk (27th April 2013), Kindling (23rd April 2013), Lettherebelight (3rd May 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), markpierre (23rd April 2013), mosquito (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    Thanks, Paula. like you, I am an INFJ, Avalon seems to have quite a lot of that type actually, it ain't a 1% in here
    I remember we reached this conclusion two years ago. Here are two more threads on the subject, Bill has actually revealed his type as so many other members, it is so very interesting ~

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...Type-Indicator

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ypology-Test--
    Thank you, Limor.

I'll check out the sites. They were before I signed up. Could use a to wake them. I can't account for four here alone when it's only 1%. Unless a couple of the characteristics listed above may explain the concentrated population of INFJ:
    • “INFJ personalities are drawn towards helping those in need – they may rush to the place of a major disaster, participate in rescue efforts, do charity work etc...”
    • “...INFJs see this as their duty and their purpose in life – people with this personality type firmly believe that nothing else would help the world as much as getting rid of all the tyrants...”
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 24th April 2013 at 11:35.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), Kindling (23rd April 2013), Limor Wolf (23rd April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), markpierre (23rd April 2013), william r sanford72 (23rd April 2013)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Thank you, Paula. It was an interesting test.

My personality type: INFP.

Strength of individual traits: I - 86%, N - 38%, F - 40%, P - 10%.

It describes me extremely well... And it's no wonder that why I like Johnny Depp so much!
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), Kindling (23rd April 2013), markpierre (23rd April 2013), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013)

9. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Quote Posted by markpierre (here)
    INFJ Paula. Is it less than one percent of the general population, or of the less than 20% that are alive?
    And does alive mean awakened? And is general population the average? And what is average?
    Well I guess individuals with an understanding, or at least an unconscious or underlying nagging suspicion that 'life' is something other than a duration of conflict and dissatisfaction and compromise with other minds that are entirely unpredictable, undependable, unaware that the power that animates them is borrowed,
    and are liable to destroy everything that has any real value on a whim, which is Jesus' definition of dead.
    He's a picky bastard, but he doesn't dismiss 'dead' as unworthy of life.

Or that can entertain the possibility that 'joy' doesn't need an opposite in order for it to be valuable. Gosh, we are narrowing it down.
    Try 1% of 1%.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), Eram (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    Well, I thought to add the different ET's type as well, you know.. Title says 'type descriptions'

http://www.bizton.com/id215.html
    "o no you dit-ten..." bwahaha!!!

Vinney - SO confused

verklempt - talk amongst yourselves

Last edited by RunningDeer; 18th April 2016 at 13:41.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), justntime2learn (17th July 2018), Limor Wolf (23rd April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

INFJ Paula. Is it less than one percent of the general population, or of the less than 20% that are alive?
    And does alive mean awakened? And is general population the average? And what is average?
    Well I guess individuals with an understanding, or at least an unconscious or underlying nagging suspicion that 'life' is something other than a duration of conflict and dissatisfaction and compromise with other minds that are entirely unpredictable, undependable, unaware that the power that animates them is borrowed,
    and are liable to destroy everything that has any real value on a whim, which is Jesus' definition of dead.
    He's a picky bastard, but he doesn't dismiss 'dead' as unworthy of life.

Or that can entertain the possibility that 'joy' doesn't need an opposite in order for it to be valuable. Gosh, we are narrowing it down.
    Try 1% of 1%.
    Hi Mark,
    And for the rest, we can offer these:

"Fear is the path to the dark side,
    Fear leads to anger,
    Anger leads to hate,
    Hate leads to suffering."

Empty your mind
    Be Formless
    Shapeless
    Like Water
    You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.
    You put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
    Now, water can flow, creep, or drip, or crash.

"Bruce Lee's Philosophy"
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 18th April 2016 at 13:42.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), ghostrider (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), william r sanford72 (24th April 2013)

15. Link to Post #28
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Quote Originally paosetd by Paula: " “...INFJs see this as their duty and their purpose in life – people with this personality type firmly believe that nothing else would help the world as much as getting rid of all the tyrants...”
    Tyrants??.. !

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by etheric underground (here)
    Which group has the largest percentage paula??
    Hi Etheric Underground,
    Big thanks, Paul. Paula's ing to

Paul's Post # 22. If you look across the bottom of the chart you’ll see the averages all fall in the “Guardian” quadrant. Below is the approximate average percentage:
    • Average Person: ISFJ @ 20%
    • Average Female: ESFJ @ 17%
    • Average Male: ISTJ @ 17%

Average Person: ISFJ

“The ISFJ personality type is perhaps the most altruistic and supportive of all types. ISFJs rarely sit idle – there is always a worthy cause awaiting their attention. Most personalities are quite willing to reciprocate when it comes to good deeds; however, ISFJs take that to a higher level, often going above and beyond what is actually expected of them. People belonging to this type thrive in areas that are both traditional (they are SJs, after all) and involve a lot of activities where their input could make a huge positive difference. Many ISFJs seek careers in the academic sector, medicine, social work or counselling; their personality traits also shine in administrative or clerical roles, or even in somewhat unexpected fields such as interior design.” [continued here]

Average Female: ESFJ

“If someone tried to define ESFJ personality traits in three words, it would probably be Practical, Altruistic and Sociable. ESFJs want to be of service to others and take their commitments very seriously – they do not really worry about what role they are in, as long as they get a chance to socialize with other people and feel valued and appreciated.

ESFJs are great team players, always able to sense tensions and incompatibilities. They are very traditional, doing their best to support and defend authority and law. People with this personality type also tend to be very devoted, whether they are playing the role of a party host or a social worker. It is quite easy to recognize ESFJs in social events – they will find enough time to chat with everybody.” [continued here]

Average Male: ISTJ

“The ISTJ personality type is the second most popular one (11.6% of the U.S. population). “Only the facts, please” is their motto – ISTJ personalities respect facts greatly and tend to accumulate a lot of information in their own memory. One of the key contributing factors is their S trait, which allows ISTJs to analyse the surroundings quite effortlessly.

Due to their straightforward approach, ISTJs may encounter difficulties when it becomes necessary to comprehend a competing theory or idea. However, people with this personality type are nearly unstoppable if they believe that a specific idea is valuable and can be implemented – they will consider it their duty to establish and maintain a smooth operation. As soon as the new procedure proves its usefulness (i.e. it becomes apparent that the new approach actually works), ISTJs will put a lot of effort to enable its successful implementation, even at the expense of their own health.” [continued here]
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 23rd April 2013 at 20:48.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), etheric underground (24th April 2013), Freed Fox (23rd April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), ThePythonicCow (23rd April 2013)

19. Link to Post #30
    Ireland Avalon Member Poly Hedra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 times in 349 posts

Well I'm an INFP although I agree with most of it I also love logical thinking and factual endeavours which apparently INFP don't like.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Poly Hedra For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), mosquito (24th April 2013), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

Thanks Paula. The Myers-Briggs is one of the best personality tests. I've taken it before, but that was several years ago and I do not recall what I scored before, so I took it again.

I'm an INFP.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

Dah (24th April 2013), Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013), Wind (23rd April 2013)

23. Link to Post #32
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

INTP here.

It fits me perfectly. I´m impressed!

http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

"They are not that concerned about the real world and practical things – from the INTPs’ perspective, it is often less exciting than ideas and intellectual pursuits. People with this personality type have no difficulties noticing patterns where others cannot – this makes them brilliant theorists and analysts."

"The accumulated knowledge is the most valued asset of any INTP. Imagine an immensely complicated clockwork which is constantly absorbing, processing and generating all kinds of theories – this is how the INTP mind works. People with the INTP personality type possess the most logically precise mind of all personality types"

"INTPs are usually very intelligent and insightful people, able to remain unbiased in any situation. They absolutely love new ideas and theories and would never miss an opportunity to discuss them with other people"

"INTPs cannot stand routine work – they would much rather tackle a difficult theoretical problem. INTP personalities really have no limits when it comes to theoretical riddles – if there is no easy solution and the topic is interesting enough, an INTP can spend ages trying to come up with a solution."

"In their opinion, the only good solution is the logical solution – INTPs do not see a point in using emotional arguments. Such an approach preserves the “sanctity” of their intellectual method"

"Individuals with the INTP personality type are likely to be very open-minded and even eccentric."

"Even when an INTP is arguing with someone, this should be taken with a grain of salt – they might as well be arguing with their own mind." <<< This is totally who I am.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 23rd April 2013 at 22:05.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013), ulli (24th April 2013), Wind (24th April 2013)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Thanks Paula- It looks like I'm an INTP. I took the short and long tests twice. I thought I was more of an ENTP but I guess I'm not as outgoing and social as I thought lol. It was fun to do!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swanette For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

INFP here. 4.3 % of us. hm my mother always said I was a rare bird. I guess she was right. (but I already knew that.lol)

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (23rd April 2013), Wind (24th April 2013)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

I'm an INFJ. This category is “less than 1 percent of the population”, so now I get it.
    ...and so it is : )

And as Others here have acknowledged...
    We can dip our toes into other traits when the situation/cause calls : )

Love to You All...whatever Your Leanings : )

Let's put it ALL to Good Use...NOW!!!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

Constance (19th April 2016), Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

INFP - with strength of traits at: 42,24,50, 44%.

Like most similar tests, I'm certain that were I to do it on another day, I'd get a different result !!! Generally much better than most other tests though, and I can very strongly identify with the personality description, especially .....
    Quote They respond to beauty, morality, virtue rather than utility, effectiveness or value.
    Thanks Paula

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member DeMeeee's Avatar
    Thanks

INFP
    Play~Play~Play at Everything

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeMeeee For This Post:

Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), Realeyes (24th April 2013), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

35. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

I tested INFJ , less than one percent of the population ? funny how a survey of sorts can peg you as you pretty much are without having never seen or spoken to you ... somebody knows what questions to ask ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

4evrneo (29th April 2013), Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

37. Link to Post #39
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Synchronicity ...

I was just chatting with a friend who brought up the subject of our personality types and understand how to deal with certain types. Figured I would stop in and catch up because it's been a few days, and I saw this thread. Cool beans!

INTJ here

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dah For This Post:

Aurelius (27th April 2013), Eram (24th April 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2013)

39. Link to Post #40
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 790 posts

Thanks Paula!

I am an ENFJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12 LastLast