Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 6 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Default Re: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

Paula,

Hello I took that test in your post over a year ago and according to my results I'm a guardian which labels me perfectly.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Eram (3rd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (3rd May 2013), Wind (3rd May 2013)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Sith73 (here)
    Paula,

Hello I took that test in your post over a year ago and according to my results I'm a guardian which labels me perfectly.
    Hello there, Sith73,

If you can recall the letters, I'd add you to the running total. In the Guardian quadrant these are the letters: ISTJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ESFJ. In case you are interested in the link, "Type Descriptions".

BTW: You are the first in that quadrant to report.

Toodles,
    Paula

PS It's okay if you choose not too.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 3rd May 2013 at 01:06.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (3rd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,540 times in 740 posts

I just took the test and am an INFP. Apparently I've changed because I used to be a DICK.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

chocolate (11th February 2014), Eram (3rd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), mosquito (4th May 2013), onawah (11th February 2014), Pris (22nd August 2014), RunningDeer (3rd May 2013), westhill (7th May 2013), Wookie (4th May 2013)

7. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member FraZZleD's Avatar
    Thanks

INTJ here..... I took the long version of the test a long time ago. Glad to meet everyone!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FraZZleD For This Post:

Eram (3rd May 2013), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (3rd May 2013)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

A very interesting test, thanks for sharing. I am an INFP...the description rang a bell with myself for sure!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (4th May 2013), Wind (4th May 2013)

11. Link to Post #106
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Paula,

I'm an ESTJ

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

chocolate (11th February 2014), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (4th May 2013)

13. Link to Post #107
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lettherebelight (here)
    A very interesting test, thanks for sharing. I am an INFP...the description rang a bell with myself for sure!
    Which reminds me. A day late. You were on my list of things to remember.

Happy birthday...to you.
    Happy birthday..to you...
    Happy birth...day...
    Dear....Let..there...be...light.....

Happy birthday to You!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Agape (24th February 2014), loveoflife (18th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #108
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sith73 (here)
    Paula,

I'm an ESTJ
    First in that quadrant, Sith73 - 1% please to meet a Guardian.

Lots of presidents listed, along with some other cool dudes, too.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

chocolate (11th February 2014), loveoflife (18th March 2014)

17. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

I'm ENFP

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asyloth For This Post:

loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (19th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #110
    United States Avalon Member ParakeetMGP's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't done an up-date, like a more resent Test on this with me. I had my first Test on this as far back in the late 1970's. The results where that I was an: "I N T J". Then last most recent was 3 years ago I tried it again: "I N T J". But not 100%.

I am an "Introvert" 100% <-> to 90% Greatly!, I am "Intuitive" 90% to 80%, I am with my "Thinking" 70% and with my "Feelings" 50%, (My Thoughts and Feelings Negotiates an Outcome usually), I usually like to be aware of following a schedule, 60% "J" and by now realize also I like to go as to how it comes "P" 40% (So I get very inconsistent between the last: "J ><>< P" wish~washy here.). Sometimes I do (Hate) trying to meet a Dead-line. But trying to be following things on Course and Schedule "J" is the first effort, but I like to be also Flexible and avoid (Stresses and Anxieties, because I am very effected by Stresses and Anxieties which makes me (Defeated) ... )

I have problems with a Fast working Mental Brain. It is Dense and Slow for me. I am effected greatly by Stresses and Anxieties which delays my moments with things. (Having many Failures).

I wanted to be an "Architect", but I can not get to that (Pace) for it. I also like all kinds of the fields in Sciences and Engineering, but also my Genre Lifestyles with things is in 90% in Antithesis with popular mainstream and I get (Repulsed) and Avoiding my ways with things. Not being able to Act out for anything. Wanting to be Reclusive.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ParakeetMGP For This Post:

loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (25th July 2013), Wind (26th July 2013)

21. Link to Post #111
    United States Avalon Member thalox's Avatar
    Thanks

INTJ here checking in.

i love this test. i took the long version twice and came up with the same outcome. i took it a month apart.

i have sent this to my friends and family. thanks!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thalox For This Post:

chocolate (11th February 2014), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (13th September 2013)

23. Link to Post #112
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ah me too, another INFJ
    Great fun to do, thanks

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irishmammy For This Post:

loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (13th September 2013)

25. Link to Post #113
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

Hmm, interesting! I am INFJ.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (13th September 2013)

27. Link to Post #114
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,011 times in 106 posts

My results:

Your personality type: INFP.

Strength of individual traits: I - 32%, N - 10%, F - 12%, P - 28%.

But I found some questions hard to answer, English is not my main language

Anyway it fits me very well, specially this parts:

INFP personalities are usually perceived as calm, reserved or even shy.

INFPs seek harmony in their lives and the surrounding environment, often feeling dejected because of all the bad things happening in the world.

People with this personality type tend to see things and actions from the idealistic perspective, rather than the prism of logic.

INFPs may also often retreat into their “hermit” state (this personality type can easily switch between the two states), withdrawing from the world and getting lost in their deep thoughts.

Peace from Spain
    Son of Winter and Stars. [ツ]

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikelodium For This Post:

loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (13th September 2013), Wind (13th September 2013)

29. Link to Post #115
    Language
    Flemish
    Thanks

Post Re: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

Seeing as the most likely individuals to view the thread are INFP or INFJ's. I will attach inspired personality analysis by Dr A.J. Drenth on these types. Surprising though, Obama is typed INFP on the site.

Many INFPs are well-described as “earthy,” both in appearance and lifestyle. Female INFPs tend to go light on the make-up and are generally less concerned with being fashionable than ISFPs are. INFPs also content themselves with rather meager or Bohemian living arrangements, flanked with second-hand furniture and decor. Designer clothes, fine meals, and extravagant vacations are rarely high on their priority list. Male INFPs, especially early in life, often assume the role of the lone wanderer. Almost always lovers of nature, many take to the trails, mountains, and wilderness in hopes of passionately connecting with what they see as the essence of life.

Quote INFP Personality Type Development & Functional Stack

INFPs’ functional stack is composed of the following functions:

Dominant: Introverted Feeling (Fi)

Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition (Ne)

Tertiary: Introverted Sensing (Si)

Inferior: Extraverted Thinking (Te)

INFPs’ personality type development can be broadly conceived as consisting of three phases:

Phase I (Childhood)

This phase is characterized by the development and employment of INFPs’ dominant function, Introverted Feeling (Fi). Phase I INFPs tend to be highly idealistic and quick to judge (even if keeping most of their opinions to themselves). In this phase, they have yet to grasp the bigger picture of reality (Ne). While their Fi confers a strong sense of right and wrong, their moral sensibilities have yet to be opened by the use and development of their Ne.

Phase II (Adolescence-30s)

Once their dominant Fi reaches a certain threshold of strength and dominance, INFPs’ inferior function, Extraverted Thinking (Te), enters the picture and begins to play a more influential role. This can be confusing because Te is not next in line in their functional stack. Its undue influence derives from its bipolar relationship with INFPs’ dominant Fi. Phase II INFPs are also characterized by a propensity for seeking and experimentation. In developing their auxiliary function, Extraverted Intuition (Ne), INFPs explore new ideas and open up some of their Fi judgments. They realize that some of their earlier judgments were premature, too black-and-white, or uncritically inherited artifacts from their childhood. This may compel them to embark on a journey of discovering their own truth, including obtaining a clearer understanding of themselves and their place in the world.

Phase III (30s, 40s, & Beyond)

If all goes well and they are fortunate enough to enter Phase III, INFPs become increasingly aware of the insidious ways of their inferior Te. As they become more aware of their inferior and learn to function more authentically as INFPs, they experience greater balance between their Fi and Te. They learn that integrating their Te happens naturally and indirectly as they go about authentically using their Fi, Ne, and Si. As they cultivate conditions that support their natural strengths, Phase III INFPs come to experience a heightened sense of peace, wholeness, and satisfaction.
    There is greater gender parity among INFJs, with nearly equal numbers of males and females.It is difficult to broadly classify INFJs as either right-brained or left-brained since they utilize both sides of the brain with equal adeptness. INFJs are both creative and responsible, artistic and logical, spiritual and scientific, intuitive and analytic. INFJs grow up feeling “different” from their peers. The more pronounced their Introversion and Intuition, the more estranged they are likely to feel. If given unsympathetic circumstances, INFJs may come to feel isolated or rejected rather early in life.INFJs are “old souls.” They grow up feeling far wiser than would be predicted by their chronological age. They may take on the role of counseling and advising their friends and siblings, or even their adult family members, from an extraordinarily young age.

Quote INFJ Personality Type Development & Functional Stack

INFJs’ functional stack is composed of the following functions:

Dominant: Introverted Intuition (Ni)

Auxiliary: Extraverted Feeling (Fe)

Tertiary: Introverted Thinking (Ti)

Inferior: Extraverted Sensing (Se)

INFJs’ personality type development can be broadly conceived according to three phases:

Phase I (Childhood)

Early in life, INFJs are characterized by the development and dominance of their Introverted Intuition (Ni). Since they are Introverts, they may also show significant development of their second function, Extraverted Feeling (Fe), which can serve as a useful extraverted tool for navigating the outside world. The Ni-Fe function pair allows INFJs to make and express judgments. INFJs are particularly well-equipped to read and evaluate people, including their underlying motives.

Since Ni is a Perceiving function, INFJs should not be viewed as closed-minded at any point in their development. But during Phase I, they might appear overly opinionated or closed-minded, at least from without. Even if their judgments are precociously accurate, Phase I INFJs may lack some discernment regarding if and when it is best to express those judgments. Moreover, their Ni-Fe conclusions have yet to be honed and tempered by their tertiary Ti, making the INFJ more reluctant to carefully review or revise them.

Phase II (Adolescence-30s)

Once the dominant function reaches a certain threshold of strength and dominance, INFJs’ inferior function, Extraverted Sensing (Se), enters the picture and begins to play a more influential role. This can be confusing because the inferior is not next in line for development in the functional stack. The inferior’s undue influence derives from its bipolar relationship with the dominant function. As I’ve discussed elsewhere, the inferior function is the primary culprit in unwise career and relational decision-making. Unfortunately, its influence peaks in Phase II of type development, which happens to be the same time INFJs are making life-altering decisions about their careers and relationships.

In addition to the increasing presence and influence of their inferior function, INFJs also begin to open up and hone their judgments by way of their tertiary function, Introverted Thinking (Ti). The logic of their Ti serves to cross-check and refine their Ni-Fe judgments. As INFJs develop their Ti, they also become more interested in exploring their inferior function, Extraverted Sensing (Se).

Phase III (30s, 40s, & Beyond)

Phase III, a phase which many individuals never reach or complete, is characterized by an attempt to understand and integrate the tertiary and inferior functions. By bringing these less conscious functions into the light of consciousness, we can better envision our path toward wholeness. Doing so requires understanding the nature of how these functions manifest within our type and becoming more aware of our personal patterns of unconscious behavior. Once these patterns have been made apparent, they can be replaced with healthier thoughts and behaviors. Decisions and behaviors become increasingly wise and conscious, engendering a lasting sense of satisfaction and wholeness. For INFJs, Phase III personal growth entails a deeper exploration of the nature of and challenges associated with their tertiary Ti and inferior Se.
    "The artist takes in the world, but instead of being oppressed by it, reworks it in their own personality and recreates it in the work of art"

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karezza For This Post:

Carpathian (11th February 2014), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (9th February 2014), Wind (9th February 2014)

31. Link to Post #116
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,097 times in 20,639 posts

I tested INFJ which makes sense. But when I was in my late 20s I tested INFP, which also made sense at the time...
    Each breath a gift...

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

chocolate (11th February 2014), Karezza (24th February 2014), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (9th February 2014)

33. Link to Post #117
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Astrolabe (here)
    Seeing as the most likely individuals to view the thread are INFP or INFJ's. I will attach inspired personality analysis by Dr A.J. Drenth on these types. Surprising though, Obama is typed INFP on the site.
    Thank you for the link, Astrolabe. A timely read, and a second thank you.

I'm an INFJ. I'm half way through the section and taking notes. A couple of helpful re-reminders for me…more than a couple but will post two:

“While INFJs are deeply theoretical, they don’t build their theories by consciously assembling facts in the way that Thinking or Sensing types might. Rather, INFJs see general connections and patterns by way of their Intuition; they experience everything as interconnected. For INFJs, discovering truth involves getting a better handle on the nature of this connectedness by discerning universal laws and patterns.”

“...This seems particularly true for INTJs and INFJs, whose Intuition is directed inwardly rather than being fused with the outside world. INJs have the good fortune of witnessing and consciously participating in a mysterious process…”

RunningDeer <3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 16th October 2017 at 11:45.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

chocolate (11th February 2014), Karezza (22nd February 2014), loveoflife (18th March 2014), onawah (9th February 2014), Wind (9th February 2014)

35. Link to Post #118
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Quote Posted by markpierre (here)
    INFJ Paula. Is it less than one percent of the general population, or of the less than 20% that are alive?
    Good God!
    No wonder I seem to be getting what you are saying, mostly at least. No offence intended, if you don't necessarily like me.

INFJ
    Introversion - 56%,
    Intuition - 24%,
    Feeling - 31%,
    Judging - 9%.

Thank you, Paula. I am a little late, but better late than never, right?
    I will explore the rest tomorrow.
    Thank you again.
    Last edited by chocolate; 11th February 2014 at 00:10.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (11th February 2014)

37. Link to Post #119
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Its been a while since I took one of these. Last time I rated as an INTP. And the results are,....

INTP, though I have vacillated between that and INFP over the years. My T and P scores are 1% and 4% respectively.

38. Link to Post #120
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

INFJ personality

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (12th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 6 12 LastLast