Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 7 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

1. Link to Post #121
    Language
    Flemish
    Thanks

Default Re: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I tested INFJ which makes sense. But when I was in my late 20s I tested INFP, which also made sense at the time...
    I wonder why this mix-up between INFJ and INFP occurs. I have heard of others who had very similar experiences to yours Onawah. They found both types interchangeable to their present situation. Why might you have tested INFP? Did you secretly hope to be typed this?
    "The artist takes in the world, but instead of being oppressed by it, reworks it in their own personality and recreates it in the work of art"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Karezza For This Post:

loveoflife (18th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #122
    Language
    Flemish
    Thanks

Infographic on How Myers-Briggs Types Use Social Media

The image is rather large.

http://i.imgur.com/A5NGX6f.jpg
    Last edited by Karezza; 18th March 2014 at 03:58. Reason: Removed image; far too large; link insert
    "The artist takes in the world, but instead of being oppressed by it, reworks it in their own personality and recreates it in the work of art"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karezza For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (14th March 2014), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (24th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #123
    Language
    Flemish
    Thanks

A Socioeconomic Infographic of MBTI Personality Types

The inforgraphic is from Careerassessmentsite. It contains a snapshot description of all personality types: their strengths and weaknesses; average incomes; average education levels...

The statistics are based on the US population, though equally applicable to other countries.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karezza For This Post:

johnf (22nd August 2014), kanishk (18th April 2016), RunningDeer (18th March 2014), Wind (19th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #124
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 times in 226 posts

I am an INFJ and fit the description well. From what I understand, the core stays the same, but the other two can change a bit depending on time of life and life circumstances along the way. Mine has always been INFJ, though.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Synchronicity For This Post:

johnf (22nd August 2014), Karezza (18th March 2014), loveoflife (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (18th March 2014)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 times in 312 posts

Thumbs up Re: Free Personality Test and MBTI/Myers-Briggs Type Descriptions

There are quite a few of us on here

Your personality type: INFP.

Breakdown of preferences: Mind - Introverted (56%), Energy - Intuitive (48%), Nature - Feeling (29%), Tactics - Prospecting (62%), Identity - Turbulent (14%).

It explains quite a lot, why i often annoy the rational logical types with my unorthodox approach, and i see them a debunkers.

I assume that these types can change especially if i work on myself, and introverts gain confidence with age.

Its also easier to know yourself the older you are as you can look back as see what changes and what basic traits remain.
    Last edited by loveoflife; 18th March 2014 at 08:57.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loveoflife For This Post:

johnf (22nd August 2014), Karezza (18th March 2014), RunningDeer (18th March 2014), Wind (19th March 2014)

11. Link to Post #126
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Astrolabe (here)
    A Socioeconomic Infographic of MBTI Personality Types

The inforgraphic is from Careerassessmentsite. It contains a snapshot description of all personality types: their strengths and weaknesses; average incomes; average education levels...

The statistics are based on the US population, though equally applicable to other countries.
    Thanks Astrolabe. I was most surprised at the “Average Education Level Achieved”. Education is costly, but I would have guest more than two years of higher education for many of the categories.

Gone are the days of one job/career until retirement. Also, the economy and job market is at best ‘unpredictable’. I’d encourage a trade either from a two year technical school, specific course work, or an apprenticeship program. Maybe that’s what the graph reflects, i.e. associate’s degree is a two year commitment. Besides, a lot of what’s taught in college is a waste of time and money. And from what we’ve learned most of it is false and/or designed to support the greedy few and enslave the many.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 18th March 2014 at 12:58.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Jean-Marie (22nd August 2014), johnf (22nd August 2014), Karezza (18th March 2014)

13. Link to Post #127
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 times in 226 posts

When I saw the first post in the thread was yours, RunningDeer, and that you are INFJ as well I wasn't surprised since that is how I see you from your posts..interesting Yes, I don't fit the education profile on the chart for it, but otherwise do. They all seem a bit low to me on the chart, but perhaps that's just my own exposure to people. Interesting!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synchronicity For This Post:

johnf (22nd August 2014), RunningDeer (18th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #128
    Language
    Flemish
    Thanks

RunningDeer, I am in agreement with much of what you have written in #126 post. I would thank you a 100 times if I could. The advice is sound; thank you. The 'Average Education Level Achieved' did raise my eyebrows as well. Specific/ special attention was likely placed on obtaining statistical averages based on Associate's Degrees by the data observers/ gatherers.
    Last edited by Karezza; 18th March 2014 at 23:43.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karezza For This Post:

Jean-Marie (22nd August 2014), johnf (22nd August 2014), RunningDeer (19th March 2014), Synchronicity (19th March 2014)

17. Link to Post #129
    Language
    Flemish
    Thanks

Trait Percentages?

I did not sign up to 16Personalitites before taking their test, this may be the reason to not getting the additional text (seen in the comments section by Terra) that would state you have a marginal/strong/ moderate/ slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion.

As the percentages indicate how much one favours a particular trait in relation to the un-predisposed trait. In order to use both traits somewhat equally (prone and none-predisposed traits); would the percentages need to be closer to 0% than nearer 50%?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karezza For This Post:

johnf (22nd August 2014), RunningDeer (24th March 2014)

19. Link to Post #130
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Astrolabe (here)
    Trait Percentages?

I did not sign up to 16Personalitites before taking their test, this may be the reason to not getting the additional text (seen in the comments section by Terra) that would state you have a marginal/strong/ moderate/ slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion.

As the percentages indicate how much one favours a particular trait in relation to the un-predisposed trait. In order to use both traits somewhat equally (prone and none-predisposed traits); would the percentages need to be closer to 0% than nearer 50%?
    Hello Astrolabe,

My interpretation of the stats is that Terra operates through intuition and the feeling vs. thinking mode is half and half, i.e. a balance of 50% out of 100%.

I’d say this paragraph fits Terra’s personality style:

“ENFJ personalities are very intuitive. They find it easy to sense other people’s motives and find connections between seemingly unrelated events. ENFJs also tend to be quite good at analyzing their own feelings and questioning them if necessary.”

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

johnf (22nd August 2014), Karezza (6th September 2015)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

When I did the test almost a year ago, my initial result was INFP. However, I have done the test several times again after it and every time I got INFJ as a result, so that explains many things. It seems that I am borderline INFP, also I have several high-functioning autistic traits. I never got an official diagnosis so I don't know if I have asperger's, maybe I might find out though it doesn't that matter that much to me. Of course I do know that I have a wanderer/ET soul even though I have served God (or Universe) and the greater good here on Earth for a very long time. However, I do know that I am a highly sensitive person and there is an official description and a test for it.

I wouldn't call myself psychic even though I can sense the unseen and subtle energies when others do, Sun and earthquake activity heavily affects me constantly. I also read people like open books. I easily can see the beautiness in everything, but I don't really like seeing all the unpleasant things and self-serving agendas.

I just wish that all served the greater good, but I understand that we were given the gift of free will and we are free to do what we want though nothing comes without consequences of course. Can it be so hard to grasp that? I think not.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
    Last edited by Wind; 18th April 2014 at 15:30.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

johnf (22nd August 2014), justntime2learn (17th July 2018), RunningDeer (18th April 2014), Skyhaven (30th August 2014)

23. Link to Post #132
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

My type is INFP

24. Link to Post #133
    Language
    English
    Thanks

for new members

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

justntime2learn (17th July 2018), Wind (22nd August 2014)

26. Link to Post #134
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

ENFP makes sense to me thanks RD

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

johnf (22nd August 2014), Pris (31st August 2014), RunningDeer (22nd August 2014), Wind (22nd August 2014)

28. Link to Post #135
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,322 times in 612 posts

I just took the test !

Thank you RunningDeer, it is very cooooool

They say I'm ENFJ personality.

I have copy and paste some parts of their definition about ENFJ's for you guys

ENFJs are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around 2 % of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, ENFJs take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

ENFJs are genuine, caring people who talk the talk and walk the walk, and nothing makes them happier than leading the charge, uniting and motivating their team with infectious enthusiasm.

Too Sensitive - While receptive to criticism, seeing it as a tool for leading a better team, it's easy for ENFJs to take it a little too much to heart. Their sensitivity to others means that ENFJs sometimes feel problems that aren't their own and try to fix things they can't fix, worrying if they are doing enough.

People with the ENFJ personality type take genuine pleasure in getting to know other people, and have no trouble talking with people of all types and modes of thought. Even in disagreement, other perspectives are fascinating to ENFJs - though like most people, they connect best with individuals who share their principles and ideals, and Diplomats (NF) and Analysts (NT) are best able to explore ENFJs' viewpoints with them, which are simply too idealistic for most. It is with these closest friends that ENFJs will truly open up, keeping their many other connections in a realm of lighthearted but genuine support and encouragement.

As natural leaders, ENFJs make excellent parents, striving to strike a balance between being encouraging and supportive friends to their children, while also working to instil strong values and a sense of personal responsibility. If there's one strong trend with the ENFJ personality type, it's that they are a bedrock of empathetic support, not bullheadedly telling people what they ought to do, but helping them to explore their options and encouraging them to follow their hearts.

While perfectly capable as subordinates and colleagues, ENFJs' true calling, where their capacity for insightful and inspiring communication and sensitivity to the needs of others really shows, is in managing teams. As managers, ENFJs combine their skill in recognizing individual motivations with their natural charisma to not only push their teams and projects forward, but to make their teams want to push forward. They may sometimes stoop to manipulation, the alternative often being a more direct confrontation, but ENFJs' end goal is always to get done what they set out to do in a way that leaves everyone involved satisfied with their roles and the results they achieved together.

78% Feeling: Feeling individuals are sensitive, follow their heart, focus on harmony and cooperation.
    31% Intuitive: Intuitive individuals are imaginative, absorbed in ideas, rely on their intuition, focus on what might happen.
    21% Extraverted: Extraverted individuals prefer group activities, think while speaking, get energized by social interaction.
    8% Assertive: Assertive individuals are emotionally stable, calm, relaxed, refuse to worry too much.
    7% Judging: Judging individuals are decisive, prefer clear rules and guidelines, see deadlines as sacred, seek closure.
    We are one !

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

Jean-Marie (22nd August 2014), johnf (22nd August 2014), Roisin (22nd August 2014), RunningDeer (22nd August 2014), Wind (22nd August 2014)

30. Link to Post #136
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,207 times in 2,396 posts

Yes, shocked hardly describes what I'm feeling... I've been an INFP for most of my life (an INFJ when I was younger) -- strongly introverted.

I just took the test and the results are ENFP!
    How on Earth did I become an extrovert?! (Well, I do have a bit of an idea, but STILL.)
    Fascinating.

Extraverted 7%, Intuitive 37%, Feeling 68%, Prospecting 27%, Turbulent 16%
    Last edited by Pris; 23rd August 2014 at 23:41.
    "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

johnf (22nd August 2014), Nat_Lee (22nd August 2014), Roisin (22nd August 2014), RunningDeer (22nd August 2014), Wind (22nd August 2014)

32. Link to Post #137
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 790 posts

Nat_Lee,

I am an ENFJ also!

-jean-marie

33. Link to Post #138
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,322 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by Jean-Marie (here)
    Nat_Lee,

I am an ENFJ also!

-jean-marie
    And it is pretty accurate wath they say don't you think ?
    I love to do those tests
    We are one !

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

Jean-Marie (22nd August 2014), johnf (22nd August 2014), Roisin (22nd August 2014), RunningDeer (22nd August 2014), Wind (22nd August 2014)

35. Link to Post #139
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 1,783 posts

I'm an ESTJ

Variant: Turbulent
    Role: Sentinel
    Strategy: Social Engagement
    Individual traits: Mind - Extraverted (38%), Energy - Observant (28%), Nature - Thinking (44%), Tactics - Judging (49%), Identity - Turbulent (8%).
    Last edited by Roisin; 22nd August 2014 at 14:40.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Jean-Marie (22nd August 2014), johnf (22nd August 2014), RunningDeer (22nd August 2014), Wind (22nd August 2014)

37. Link to Post #140
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I took this test a year or so ago and really wasn't how sure how accurate it was, but I took it again and got the same results lol I am an INTJ.....it may not be accurate but it is consistant.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aheb For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 7 12 LastLast