+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pet Reincarnation

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,224 times in 2,093 posts

Default Re: Pet Reincarnation

I have had a lot of pets. Each one creates a special bond for sure.

Last year our Great Perinese passed away - she was 17 years old. She was amazing.

Since yesterday I have had a major urge to find a German Shepherd pup. I can not stop thinking about it.

Then I come upon this thread - maybe I am being moved into the right position to bring a new dog into our family.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th November 2021), Ewan (22nd May 2023), Forest Denizen (18th September 2019), Franny (18th September 2019), Mari (22nd May 2023), onawah (29th May 2023), onevoice (17th September 2019), Pam (22nd May 2023), Rosemarie (17th September 2019), Valerie Villars (17th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    I have had a lot of pets. Each one creates a special bond for sure.

Last year our Great Perinese passed away - she was 17 years old. She was amazing.

Since yesterday I have had a major urge to find a German Shepherd pup. I can not stop thinking about it.

Then I come upon this thread - maybe I am being moved into the right position to bring a new dog into our family.
    My intuition tells me perhaps it is right time for you as well.

Incidentally, I ordered a crystal dowsing pendulum that is helpful to get simple yes/no type of answer to simple questions. So after cleaning the crystal and calibrating it to myself, I asked the pendulum if a bottle of lemon water in my left hand is good for me. It swung front to back to indicate a yes. Then I held an active smartphone in my left hand and asked if this is good for me. The pendulum swung left to right to indicate no. Finally, I put the pendulum above our new kitty and asked if Fluke is here now. The pendulum clearly swung front to back to indicate yes.

The new kitty is so happy running around doing all the things Fluke used to do, and has brought joy to our house again. And Fluke was a yellow Tabby, the new kitty is also a yellow Tabby with face that looked exactly like Fluke did, except that the new kitty has a longer tail and has an area of white under the chin and into the chest. No doubt the new kitty feels right at home.

*=[Post Update]=*

I added an old picture of Fluke and a one new one. The picture of him sitting on the carpet is the old picture. The picture of him sitting on the black cushion is the new picture of Fluke. Notice the similarities of the facial stripe patterns on one of the old pictures and the new picture on the bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Old_Fluke on Carpet.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	41596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fluke in Meditation Room.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	41595  
    Last edited by onevoice; 30th September 2019 at 17:48. Reason: Updated pictures.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th November 2021), Ewan (22nd May 2023), ExomatrixTV (30th September 2019), Forest Denizen (18th September 2019), Franny (18th September 2019), Mari (22nd May 2023), meeradas (17th September 2019), onawah (29th May 2023), Orph (24th May 2023), Pam (22nd May 2023), Rosemarie (19th September 2019), Valerie Villars (17th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Rich (here)
    I haven't dreamed as much about anyone as my dog (that I remember).
    That's fascinating! I've had several cats, but never dreamed of them.

The only pet I ever dreamed of was my pet gecko, and the dreams were really weird and creepy. He died.... it was partially my fault too. I left him home alone for days at a time, and the heater broke in the winter time (probably because I touched it), so he died from the cold

Quote Posted by Rich (here)
    I felt like I betrayed the one who loved me unconditionally, it was a long time ago and I was ignorant and selfish.
    I wasn't there when my dad brought him to the shelter and he told 'Wolfie' to go with the Kennel assistant. They might have put him to sleep.

I hope that I can meet him again someday (whatever form he may be in) and make up for my mistakes.
    I feel like that about my previous cat, but it's really complicated. The guilt I feel is for not putting her out of her misery sooner. She had cancer and it was getting really bad.... horrifying to look at too. Eventually we got her euthanized, and as hard as that was, it was a relief.

Sometimes I wonder to myself, if I was the cat, would I forgive me?

I don't feel like I would... and that makes me feel worse. But at the same time, I feel like SHE probably DOES forgive me. Maybe she's wiser than I am.

I've got a new cat now, he's an old brute about 10 years old, my friend game him to me. He reminds me of her sometimes, and I've had times it feels like this new cat is a combination of my three previous cats! I've heard of group souls too, and so maybe it's possible there's three cat-souls in one body.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th November 2021), Ewan (22nd May 2023), Forest Denizen (18th September 2019), Franny (18th September 2019), Mari (22nd May 2023), onawah (29th May 2023), Pam (22nd May 2023), Rosemarie (17th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

I know of 4 cat reincarnations. One irrefutably proved, another proved to my satisfaction, and 2 more just recognition. They all came back as the same sex, about the same size, but different color. Personalities were not much changed either. If you lose a cat, look for it to reincarnate in 5 or 6 years, and to come looking for you when it's able. A stray cat who hangs around your home, even if you changed homes, even if it showed up before you moved there, is probably your baby.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th November 2021), Ewan (22nd May 2023), Forest Denizen (18th September 2019), Franny (18th September 2019), onawah (29th May 2023), onevoice (18th September 2019), Orph (11th November 2021), Pam (22nd May 2023), Rosemarie (19th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,979 times in 1,342 posts

This thread came my way when I was looking for something else... I have been thinking about this topic a lot recently!

My beloved Sammy died last February, and I still well up when I think of him. I believe that all cats are special, but some really stand out... he did, he had such a fun and expansive personality. I think that before he was Sammy, he was my childhood cat Tuppence.

Tuppence stayed with Mum for a while after I left home and they had a very close bond, but after a year came to live with me. She was so sweet and playful, just like Sammy, and lived to the age of 18. Sammy was a rescue kitten in the country where my mum lived, she was adamant that she wasn't going to have any more cats but had to have Sammy when she saw him. After Mum died, we arranged for Sammy to get a pet passport and had him flown here.

So... if Sammy was Tuppence, he came back to both Mum and me.

I also have Freya, she turned up on our doorstep 5 years ago, starving and abandoned. I didn't want two cats, but after we had fed her up to a normal weight, we couldn't bear to part with her. She has turned into such a diva and doesn't like other cats - just like one of my old cats Abby, who died suddenly when she was 5 years old.

The time span between Tuppence and Sammy was 16 years; between Abby and Freya it was 19 years.

Edit - something has occurred to me, as I've been thinking about the cats since posting. Both Tuppence and Sammy were excellent mousers but never killed birds, and that's quite unusual.

Further edit!
    I've since realised that Freya has not come back to me again once, but twice. Looking through old photos I remembered Harvey, a sweet little kitten who only lived for one year; Abby was then born 5 years later. Freya has his gutsy personality to a T, as did Abby.
    Last edited by Brigantia; 4th September 2021 at 21:29.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th November 2021), Bill Ryan (21st July 2020), Constance (21st July 2020), Ewan (22nd May 2023), Franny (11th November 2021), Harmony (11th November 2021), Mari (22nd May 2023), mountain_jim (22nd May 2023), onawah (29th May 2023), Orph (11th November 2021), Pam (22nd May 2023), Ravenlocke (21st October 2022), Sarah Rainsong (21st July 2020), tendril (4th September 2021), Wind (22nd July 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Well I now have a story to add to this thread.

I lost my cat last August. I was visiting my mom's place in BC from Calgary, and had to bring my cat, Ming. Ming was a weird cat. His behaviour and quirks definitely made him stand out. He had this high pitched squeaky, scratchy meow, that had qualities of a baby crying, and could really be irritating as it forced a sense of urgency in the listener. He was persistent, needy, and a bit high maintenance and had a bit of a troubled past. His breed was Ragdoll, but he was a shorthair version - so had some genetic drift, which isn't that unusual as Ragdoll is a newer breed and still hasn't fully stabilized and sometimes get the qualities of Birman or Persian, of which the Ragdoll has been bred from. Ming was also a bit small for a Ragdoll which a usually larger, well muscled cats. They are also known as "dog-like" cats, and Ming seemed to me a lot like a small yippy annoying dog - but less annoying (to me anyway).

I basically rescued Ming. His original owners didn't want him anymore, and so he was given to one of their kids, but was given back after a couple months as being "incompatible". So he was given to one of the other kids (both adult, on their own) and that also only lasted a few months and he was given back again. The owner, my sisters ex (common-law wife at the time), told us we could try to find him a home or else he'd be surrendered to the SPCA - likely to be put down. We asked around, and finally I told my ex, "Let's just take him for now and keep trying to find him a home", so we took him in.

He was definitely an oddball. Got along well enough with our existing cat Theo, but only because Theo is incredible tolerant and easy going. Me and my ex then separated shortly after and I took Ming. His behaviour improved, he just needed some love and stability and freedom, and I was able to give him that. He was still weird though, but became quite an enjoyable pet to have, again quite "dog-like" in loyalty and behaviour.

So, last summer I was in BC (where I live now) and Ming, generally an indoor cat, escaped and ran off. He always got a thrill from adventure, and I had wanted to try to turn him into an "adventure cat" - a cat that could go everywhere with me to help quench that thrill seeking nature of his. He never came back, and a few nights later I heard a cat being killed - probably by coyotes or a cougar. I knew it was Ming. I ran outside toward where the sound was coming from in my underwear hoping maybe I could save him, but couldn't get far in the woods in the nigh in my underwear.

I accepted it. Its always sad losing a pet. I'd had him for about 4-5 years, but have lost many pets and knew this is par for the course sometimes. But I missed him, of course.

Four months later I moved out to BC, and am living in the basement suite at my mom's house - the place where I lost Ming. My mom kept asking if I was going to get another cat, and I told yeah I definitely need to get one, but I'm thinking the Universe will just provide me one and it will come to me somehow ... in the last few months I've been thinking about it more and more ...

Last week, my mom noticed a cat in the driveway. Not too weird, but I haven't seen a cat in the area here since I move here - not one. I opened the door and called to it, but I don't think it heard me and eventually wandered off into the neighbors yard and out of site. Two nights later, we are eating supper and noticed the same cat at the door to the back deck. The door that Ming had escaped out of.

I quickly got up and opened the door, and the cat ran off. I had a bag of cat treats (Ming's from when I had visited the previous summer) and grabbed that and went out onto the deck. It was dark so I called "here kitty!" and I heard the cat call back, so I threw some treats in that direction, and the cat ran off at my throwing movement.

I went downstairs to my suite and saw the cat at my door, which is just below the deck. I opened the door and gave it some treats, and coaxed it inside. It was starving, looked like it hadn't eaten in weeks, so I opened a can of salmon and let it eat. The cat stayed the night, and wouldn't leave me alone, slept with me right by my pillow; would not stop purring and cuddling with me all night, poking my face, etc, and the next day just followed me around everywhere, and wouldn't be more than 5 feet from me anywhere I went ... like a small dog, which was exactly what Ming used to do, but I brushed it off as just a reaction to me feeding it and bring it in from the cold.

So I put out some posters and tried to find an owner, but there's no collar or anything, and I still have this cat a week later. Now that "survival behaviour" has subsided, I can say that this cat is like a cookie cutter of Ming, the only difference is that this cat is black, and slightly larger, but behaviour, personality and quirkiness wise is 100% Ming, like a spitting image copy ... which is only eye opening because Ming was a very unique cat in personality and behaviour - I have owned many, and its not typical, that is for sure.

It feels like this cat IS Ming ... if one of my kids or my ex were to visit, and I blindfolded them, they would 100% believe that this cat was Ming. Especially his squeaky, scratchy, "irritating" unique meow - its exact, how he responds vocally, the way he follows me around, everything. Its actually spooky.

I think Ming was re-incarnated into this cat, and came back. This cat seems to be about 1.5 years old, which could pretty much make it born the time Ming became deceased.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

12. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th November 2021), atman (22nd May 2023), avid (22nd May 2023), Bluegreen (11th November 2021), Brigantia (11th November 2021), Ewan (22nd May 2023), Franny (11th November 2021), Harmony (11th November 2021), Mari (22nd May 2023), mountain_jim (22nd May 2023), onawah (29th May 2023), onevoice (22nd May 2023), Orph (11th November 2021), Pam (22nd May 2023), Peace in Oz (11th November 2021), Ravenlocke (8th November 2022), Rosemarie (11th November 2021), UNEEKSTUF (23rd May 2023), Wind (11th November 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

atman (22nd May 2023), avid (22nd May 2023), Bluegreen (26th May 2023), Brigantia (22nd May 2023), Ewan (22nd May 2023), Harmony (22nd May 2023), kudzy (22nd May 2023), Mari (22nd May 2023), mountain_jim (22nd May 2023), onawah (29th May 2023), onevoice (22nd May 2023), Pam (22nd May 2023), Yoda (22nd May 2023)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,979 times in 1,342 posts

Thanks for the bump Bill!

I'll just add a further 'coincidence' to my post about Sammy above, who was my mum's cat, and then came to live with me. Mum had called him after her childhood cat, so her first and last cats were both called Sammy.

I've since wondered whether my childhood cat Tuppence was her first cat Sammy; she had not had any other cats between them. As Tuppence was 'my' kitten I chose the name which was Scampi (hey, I was only 6, don't ask me why, I don't really know myself!). Mum must have thought that was a really daft name and renamed her as Tuppence.

I've since realised that if you take the letters c and p out of Scampi, you get Sami... Sammy. Whoah. Was my intuition working in overdrive here?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Alecs (22nd May 2023), Bill Ryan (22nd May 2023), Mari (23rd May 2023), onawah (29th May 2023), onevoice (22nd May 2023), Orph (24th May 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2