+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: The Mothman Prophecies

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,469 times in 5,705 posts

Default The Mothman Prophecies

not talking about the movie here. talkin about the book. (John Keel)

has anyone read it?

this is a book unlike any other on the paranormal. forget your tired grey aliens, nords and reptilians....and enter your long and tapered-fingered 'oriental' types. gone is the muddy and surreal and dream-like nature of communication with the greys and insectoid-type beings; replacing it is a very linear albeit sing-songy type of talk, from beings with actual names, like "Indrid Cold".

the Mothman only represents a fraction of the narrative, actually. there are stories of aliens, strange lights, men in black, and mysterious prophetic phone calls. it is quite easily the most eerily creepy book ive ever read. high-strangeness abounds.

at the center of it is Keel himself, who somehow keeps it together while his mail is continually being rerouted, his phone and mind are seemingly tapped, and mischievous other-dimensional entities phone him and his list of contactees with predictions: some that come true and some that do not. it's a chilling tale that relates a scattered assortment of weird events and unusual sightings, the ubiquitous Mothman being only one.

ive handed this book out to a few individuals who have either never finished it, or simply do not know what to make of it. ive been wanting to discuss it with someone who has escaped the thing with their sanity, someone other than me who has found it to be equally as mind blowing as I did.

any of you guys read this?

open discussion here....
    Last edited by Mike; 11th July 2013 at 00:09.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Curt (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), Ellisa (11th July 2013), ExomatrixTV (23rd July 2021), ghostrider (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Justintime (11th July 2013), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd July 2021), Katyani (11th July 2013), MariaDine (11th July 2013), mojorissin (13th January 2020), Rosco1 (28th July 2021), RUSirius (11th July 2013), Tesseract (11th July 2013), Them (11th March 2019), ThresholdRising (11th July 2013), Victoria (23rd July 2021), Zampano (11th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

Default Re: The Mothman Prophecies

I want to read it but, same old song, no money, anyone got it on PDF?
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), MariaDine (11th July 2013), Mike (10th July 2013), Victoria (23rd July 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

you can get used copies for a buck or 2, literally. just google "used copies of mothman prophecies..."

your shipping will cost more than the book

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Curt (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Victoria (23rd July 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ya that's true amazon does it all the time.
    Namaste-Matte

My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

Curt (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

surely one of the 34 guests here have read the thing?!?

well sign on and lets discuss it! i'm bored for chrissakes!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Curt (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), Ellisa (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Well, I would like to read it..maybe a PDF is a good idea...
    about the other theme....Time lines are very close to each other...Tarot can only be trusted in very short term predictions...so, no wonder they don't get their act together LOL

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

...I found something

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-true-sto...t-1393517.html

The True Story Behind the Mothman of Point Pleasant, West Virginia
    Jennifer Eblin
    Jennifer Eblin, Yahoo! Contributor Network
    Apr 21, 2008 "Share your voice on Yahoo! websites. Start Here."

More:
    Mothman

FlagPost a comment
    The Mothman has long been one of my favorite stories. Long before Richard Gere ruined a movie loosely based on a book of the same name, The Mothman Prophecies, I actually sat down and read the book. My dad found the whole story interesting, mainly because he traveled over that bridge dozens of times in his life. Other people with similar backgrounds are equally enthralled with the story.

The first sighting of the supposed Mothman occurred on November 12, 1966. A group of gravediggers working in a cemetery in Clendenin, West Virginia saw the figure fly through the air, right over their heads. Other people began seeing the same creature, which they described as looking like a man with wings.

On November 15 two different couples in Point Pleasant had their own firsthand encounters with the Mothman. They claimed it was at least six foot tall, and closer to seven feet tall. They also described its bright eyes, and the huge wings on its back. The four saw the creature fly through the air after first unfolding its large wings. They also claimed the creature flew at speeds of at least 100 miles per hour.

Police began receiving reports from all over. People kept calling with reports of a strange bird seen in the area. One man in the area, Newell Partridge saw his television screen turn fuzzy with colors he had never seen before. At the same time his dog began howling loudly, and a loud screeching sound came from outside. When he walked outside, he saw two glowing red eyes just before whatever it was flew off into the night. Almost immediately his dog raced after it, and didn't return.

The popularity of the creature continued to grow, as news stations and papers around the world caught on. Dozens of locals continued to tell the stories of what they saw, and everyone clamored for even the smallest piece of information. In the end the press dubbed the creature the Mothman, partly based on the hit television show Batman running at the time.

Many of the stories of the Mothman centered on a former TNT plant that sat empty and abandoned on the edge of town. The building sat in the middle of a wooded area, where few people tended to venture. Nearby was an animal preserve, and some believed the Mothman could find food there and blend in with the other animals in the area. There were also stories that the creature had hid there for years before finally being seen.

On November 16 a new report of the Mothman surfaced, only this one came from a home near the TNT plant. Ralph Thomas and his family spotted a strange red light in the area. At first they thought it might be some kind of plane, but the small light continued to circle the plant before dipping closer to the roof of the building.

A friend stopped by for a visit, and claimed to see the Mothman next to her car. The creature slowly climbed to its feet, giving her a clear look into its glowing red eyes. The woman and her daughter ran inside, where they watched the Mothman walk onto the porch and look in the windows before flying away.

For some, the sightings of the Mothman coincided with reports of other strange things in the area. There were reports of UFO's in the area, and stories of strange men in black stopping locals on the road. One weekend over 500 reports came in regarding strange lights and things spotted in the skies above Point Pleasant. The Mothman was the real story though, with over 100 reports occurring in a single year.

One thing the people thought might be connected to the Mothman was an odd man who visited a local reporter. The man had strange eyes and an odd voice. The reporter claimed to feel extremely uncomfortable in his presence, and found herself wishing he would just leave. The man acted oddly, and seemed amazed by ordinary things in her office. She saw him once again, but when he noticed her staring at him, he climbed into a black car and ran off.

The real story of the Mothman came on December 15, 1967. Cars were passing over the 700 foot bridge that connected Point Pleasant and Ohio when the bridge suddenly and unexpectedly collapsed. The rush hour traffic crossing the bridge was caught in the middle. Cars were sent into the icy river, and 46 people were killed. Only 44 of those bodies were found, and they were all buried in the same cemetery in Gallipolis, Ohio.

The night the bridge collapsed, people in the area spotted strange lights above Point Pleasant. Others in the area saw a man who appeared on their doorstep, asking questions about the mysterious lights they saw in the sky over previous months. He seemed nice, though most people reported that he made them feel uneasy or uncomfortable. By all indications, that was the last time the Mothman was seen.

The story of the Mothman has fascinated people for decades now. What was that creature that people spotted in the sky? Was it related to the UFO sightings, or was it foretelling the tragedy about to come? Those questions are things that we may never have an answer to.

------------------

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2001/12/0...man-prophecies
    Last edited by MariaDine; 11th July 2013 at 01:01.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

ajyana (14th July 2013), Curt (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), Ellisa (11th July 2013), Flowerpunkchip (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), Rosco1 (28th July 2021), Spellbound (13th July 2013), Them (11th March 2019), Victoria (23rd July 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chinaski (here)

Well sign on and lets discuss it! I'm bored for chrissakes!
    rofl lol hahahah
    Namaste-Matte

My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

Curt (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), Victoria (23rd July 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Justintime's Avatar
    Thanks

This should do it...

Link to a free PDF

http://www.4shared.com/web/preview/doc/YN0S--uO

http://dc364.4shared.com/download/YN...10917-f9c5c4e4

Curious to see if the second link works. The first website gives you the first chapter and if you want the free PDF version you have to sign up with an email, password and name. No membership or fee. Anyways the second link is to the PDF version I just downloaded.
    Last edited by Justintime; 11th July 2013 at 01:13. Reason: Incomplete post
    After the First World War there is No Other.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

ajyana (14th July 2013), BMJ (16th July 2013), ceetee9 (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), Ellisa (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), MariaDine (11th July 2013), Mercedes (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), Sérénité (11th July 2013), Victoria (23rd July 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)

Chinaski, because you asked so nicely, and because an impending thunderstorm is projected to cut power (a nightly occurrence here), I got the Kindle version.
    Kindle predicts at least 3.75 hours of reading time.
    Guess I better power up the Kindle while I can. I'll get back to you on this.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoingOn For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), Earth Angel (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), Victoria (23rd July 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

there is something about dimensions overlapping and the mothmen slip through, they are said to be very mysterious and wise and can see into the future... James Horak has a little inside info on them ... I haven't read the book but, now I'm gonna get it... thanks... I love prophecy ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), GoingOn (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), MariaDine (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), Sérénité (11th July 2013), Victoria (23rd July 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Justintime (here)
    This should do it...

Link to a free PDF

http://www.4shared.com/web/preview/doc/YN0S--uO

http://dc364.4shared.com/download/YN...10917-f9c5c4e4

Curious to see if the second link works. The first website gives you the first chapter and if you want the free PDF version you have to sign up with an email, password and name. No membership or fee. Anyways the second link is to the PDF version I just downloaded.

AWSOOOOOOOOOOOOME
    Last edited by shadowstalker; 11th July 2013 at 01:19.
    Namaste-Matte

My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,246 posts

The one alien abduction story I found interesting was from Australia I believe. It was one where two different groups of people, one on a plateau, and one beneath the plateau saw the same thing. What is was was Mothmen landing in a ship of some kind and flying over toward the group of people on the plateau. One of the women in the target group got so scared she kneeled down and started to pray "Our father, who art in heaven etc". When the Mothmen landed on the plateau the woman's husband said to one of the Mothmen "don't hurt her". He reported that the Mothman replied laughing "I will not hurt her, she is my daughter". I don't know if that story is real or not but apparently it was unusual because two separte groups of people had seen it.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), Ellisa (11th July 2013), Flowerpunkchip (11th July 2013), GoingOn (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), Rosco1 (28th July 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

161803398 (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), Flowerpunkchip (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), jimmer (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013), Sérénité (11th July 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

I knew of the Mothman story, which always fascinated me. Whilst I do not believe in the supernatural or god I do believe we are not alone in the universe. I did not know there were prophesies though. What were they? I have also never heard of the Mothman being seen in Australia,--- though I did like the story very much.

The Australian Aborigines believe they originate from the time Rainbow Serpent which populated the world with animals, plants and so on during the Dream Time. They had (and still have) a complicated but elegant oral history, which is contained in the song-lines of their people. Maybe a Mothman is amongst them-- I have a vague idea flying beings are mentioned in some of the myths. As they actually are in many other cultures' stories.

* Added later*
    Thanks MD- you answered some of my questions and confirmed my point about the flying beings being common to many cultures. I'm still not sure what the prophesies were though. Guess what I'll be looking for today!
    Last edited by Ellisa; 11th July 2013 at 01:49.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), GoingOn (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Justintime, thanks man! You've saved the day!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), Justintime (11th July 2013)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GoingOn (here)
    Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)

Chinaski, because you asked so nicely, and because an impending thunderstorm is projected to cut power (a nightly occurrence here), I got the Kindle version.
    Kindle predicts at least 3.75 hours of reading time.
    Guess I better power up the Kindle while I can. I'll get back to you on this.

That's mighty kind of you GoingOn

DISCLAIMER: the book does start a little slow, is a bit uneven, and unfolds sorta jaggedly. By the middle it really heats up, and by the end you're cross-eyed and confounded with the sheer level of high strangeness offered... and the utter madness of it all.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Curt (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), GoingOn (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Rainbow Serpent - Thunder Bird - the same thing , the same energy manifesting in the 3 dimension, some call it the Christ energy. Different forms for the same energy, for different cultures in different states of evolution. All these forms are part of the human collective unconscious, where all thought forms dwell since the beginning of time.
    Nothing to do with Mothman or assorted flying beings

-------------------
    http://www.timothystephany.com/thunderbird.html
    Last edited by MariaDine; 11th July 2013 at 02:20.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), Mike (11th July 2013)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

MariaDine, thanks for posting that!

Can you please post the other parts? I'm operating from a phone and haven't figured out the video thing yet.

Note: Keel did mention in the book, rather obliquely, that there was some sort of military "experiment" going on by the Ohio river, something of an ignoble nature.

If I remember correctly, he said that was all he could say about it, the implication being *danger* if he divulged this certain bit of knowledge.

One has to wonder if it was at all connected.
    Last edited by Mike; 11th July 2013 at 05:05.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Curt (11th July 2013), DNA (12th July 2013), GoingOn (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013), Rosco1 (28th July 2021)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    there is something about dimensions overlapping and the mothmen slip through, they are said to be very mysterious and wise and can see into the future... James Horak has a little inside info on them ... I haven't read the book but, now I'm gonna get it... thanks... I love prophecy ...

Yes, and from what I understand, they are usually accompanied by strange bobbing lights in the sky, surprisingly stupid men in black, other dimensional pranksters, and prophecy.

Remember being in elementary school, right before recess? The teacher opens the door and the kids go running outside...well that's how I envision this phenomenon: a portal from another dimension opens, and spiritually immature and sometimes malevolent beings swarm thru for playtime - open season on the human race.

I'm not entirely convinced they're separate phenomena. Like Keel, I believe the entities and the ambient goings on reflect one source...

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DNA (12th July 2013), GoingOn (11th July 2013), jagman (11th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast