Thread: Time Shifts & Time Slips

1. Link to Post #281
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,416 times in 21,109 posts

Question Re: Time Shifts & Time Slips

• "The Most Convincing" Time Traveler Story?

In 2006, a mysterious man appeared on the streets of Kiev, claiming to have come from 1958. And the story gets crazier from there. The Sergei Ponomarenko story has become a bit of an internet phenomenon as one of the most compelling time traveler stories ever documented. It's a great story. But is it any more than that?

The Time Traveler who Vanished | The Sergei Ponomarenko Story

Sergei Ponomarenko: The UFO Time Traveler who Disappeared Without a Trace On April 23rd 2006, a man in his early 20s was seen in Kyiv, Ukraine staring at a high-rise apartment building. Witnesses described him as looking confused and anxious. They thought he might have been a lost tourist. The man approached two police officers and nervously asked for directions... to a place that no longer existed. The officers asked the young man for identification. But, there were two problems with his ID. One, his documents were issued by the Soviet Union; which no longer existed. The second problem: according to his birth date, this young man was born in 1932.
    • The Man Who Claimed He Built A Time Machine Suddenly Vanished But Now He's Reappeared Years Later:
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th April 2023 at 11:37.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (29th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th April 2023), Matthew (29th April 2023), Miller (29th April 2023), Pam (25th April 2023), Perdido (1st August 2023), Pris (29th April 2023), Sirus (30th July 2023), Vangelo (26th April 2023)

3. Link to Post #282
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,215 times in 2,398 posts

Default Re: Time Shifts & Time Slips

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

In 2006, a mysterious man appeared on the streets of Kiev, claiming to have come from 1958. And the story gets crazier from there. The Sergei Ponomarenko story has become a bit of an internet phenomenon as one of the most compelling time traveler stories ever documented. It's a great story. But is it any more than that?

Sergei Ponomarenko: The UFO Time Traveler who Disappeared Without a Trace On April 23rd 2006, a man in his early 20s was seen in Kyiv, Ukraine staring at a high-rise apartment building. Witnesses described him as looking confused and anxious. They thought he might have been a lost tourist. The man approached two police officers and nervously asked for directions... to a place that no longer existed. The officers asked the young man for identification. But, there were two problems with his ID. One, his documents were issued by the Soviet Union; which no longer existed. The second problem: according to his birth date, this young man was born in 1932.

I was watching the first video about Sergei Ponomarenko... there's even a supposed UFO encounter, suggested time travel... and, then they showed the "future" Sergei photograph. All it took was to stop the video and analyze the image for a moment. So many of the buildings in the background were copied and pasted... It's not even a good "Photoshop" job. This is just the kind of thing that turns you off of looking any deeper. The video goes on to eventually confirm the obvious that, yes, it's fake.

Many other details of the story are also proven fake. We conclude the whole story is just utter nonsense meant to con the gullible public.

And, then I thought about it a bit more. What if there was an "original" Sergei Ponomarenko story with real evidence that's now being kept hidden? Maybe the fake story is, for example, a military psyop intended to obfuscate the real story and stop people from digging any deeper. When a fake is this obvious, it's a guaranteed turn-off. So, you have to wonder... Hey, you never know.

Last edited by Pris; 29th April 2023 at 04:29.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Isserley (29th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (29th April 2023), Miller (29th April 2023), Perdido (1st August 2023), Reinhard (29th April 2023)

5. Link to Post #283
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pris (here)

I was watching the first video about Sergei Ponomarenko... there's even a supposed UFO encounter, suggested time travel... and, then they showed the "future" Sergei photograph. All it took was to stop the video and analyze the image for a moment. So many of the buildings in the background were copied and pasted... It's not even a good "Photoshop" job. This is just the kind of thing that turns you off of looking any deeper. The video goes on to eventually confirm the obvious that, yes, it's fake.

Many other details of the story are also proven fake. We conclude the whole story is just utter nonsense meant to con the gullible public.

And, then I thought about it a bit more. What if there was an "original" Sergei Ponomarenko story with real evidence that's now being kept hidden? Maybe the fake story is, for example, a military psyop intended to obfuscate the real story and stop people from digging any deeper. When a fake is this obvious, it's a guaranteed turn-off. So, you have to wonder... Hey, you never know.

that is what the first video also said: proven fake
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th April 2023), Jambo (13th September 2023), Reinhard (29th April 2023)

7. Link to Post #284
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Yes, that's what I said. That was the whole point. The whole purpose behind making the video in the first place was to expose the fake story...

Last edited by Pris; 29th April 2023 at 04:31.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (29th April 2023)

9. Link to Post #285
    Language
    Thanks

Yes, that's what I said. That was the whole point. The whole purpose behind making the video in the first place was to expose the fake story...

I assumed it was obvious

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th April 2023)

11. Link to Post #286
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,735 times in 32,946 posts

I assumed it was obvious

I'm certain that time slips are very real, are very often slips backwards in time, and are almost always temporary, with a snap-back, 'rebound' effect soon afterwards. But there are many variations. This thread contains many intriguing anecdotes.

I read a fascinating book containing a whole collection of extraordinary reports many years ago, but I can't remember its title or author. When searching for it a few minutes ago, I found this: (But I've not read it yet)

https://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/Rod...e%20Future.pdf

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 29th April 2023 at 11:51.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (29th April 2023), Hamish (29th April 2023), Harmony (29th April 2023), Matthew (29th April 2023), Miller (29th April 2023), Perdido (1st August 2023), Pris (29th April 2023), Sirus (30th July 2023), Sue (Ayt) (29th April 2023), Tintin (30th June 2023), Tommy Roxx (12th August 2023), Yoda (29th April 2023)

13. Link to Post #287
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,735 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I read a fascinating book containing a whole collection of extraordinary reports many years ago, but I can't remember its title or author.
    When searching for it, I also found this excellent (and quite short!) NYT article, which I'll copy in full:

https://nytimes.com/2021/11/16/magaz...me-travel.html

How I Became Obsessed With Accidental Time Travel

The web is awash with ordinary peoples’ stories of “time slips.” Their real magic is what they can tell us about our relationship to time.

By Lucie Elven
    Published Nov. 16, 2021

This year, I turned 30, a development that came with a breathless sense of dread at time’s passing. It wakes me up in the early mornings: Nocturnal terror breaks through the surface of sleep like a whale breaching for air. My ambition and fear kick in together until I get up, pour myself some water and look out the window at the squid-ink sky and the string of lights along my neighbors’ houses. I lie down again after finding firmer mental ground, dry land.

So when a guy that my friend was seeing evangelized about “time slips” — a genre of urban legend in which people claim that, while walking in particular places, they accidentally traveled back, and sometimes forward, in time — I was a ripe target. Curious and increasingly existential, I Googled these supposed time slips

I found a global community of believers building an archive of temporal dislocations from the present. These congregants gathered in corners of the internet to testify about how, in the right conditions, the dusting of alienation that settles over the world as we age can crystallize into collective fiction.

I was initially skeptical of the vague language that time-slip writers employed to convey experiences I already found dubious: too many uses of foggy words like “blunder” and “sporting”; detail lavished on varieties of hats encountered. But I was drawn in by their secretive tone — I sensed that sharing these anecdotes was compromising, even shameful (“People would laugh at you,” one poster wrote). Disapproval became attraction, and I returned to the message boards throughout the summer.

Here’s a classic that, like the best of these stories, was related secondhand on a paranormal blog: In a Liverpudlian street in 1996, an off-duty policeman named Frank was going to meet his wife, Carol, in a bookshop called Dillons when “suddenly, a small box van that looked like something out of the 1950s sped across his path, honking its horn as it narrowly missed him.”

More disorienting still, Frank “saw that Dillons book store now had ‘Cripps’ over its entrance” and that there were stands of shoes and handbags in the window instead of new fiction. The only other person not wearing midcentury dress was a girl in a lime green sleeveless top. As Frank followed her into the old women’s wear boutique, “the interior of the building completely changed in a flash”; it was once again a bookshop.

As with a spell of déjà vu, the experience was short-lived, and time was regained. According to the blogger’s detective-like report, Cripps “was later determined” to have been a business in the 1950s. In response to Frank’s slip, posters have told their own or related accounts they’ve heard from others: “This happened to my ex-boss, Glyn Jackson in London, England,” one begins. “Glyn’s story is Highly believable as Glyn is person who lacks imagination on such a scale that he could not put together a grade one story for English to save his life.” And on it goes.

I have never appreciated stories about the passage of time. I resent that I won’t ever get back the hours of my life that Richard Linklater stole with “Boyhood” — his two-and-three-quarter-hour film, shot over a 12-year period in which time is the force that overwhelms everything, not least the idea that our own actions drive our life stories. There’s a whole lot of unwelcome profundity there.

Time-slip anecdotes, though fashioned out of the ambient dread of living with the ticking clock, are childlike in their sense of wonder. They are light, playful and irrational, as frivolous and folky as a ghost story if it were narrated by the confused ghost instead of the people it haunts.

One poster, as a girl, used to see a woman in a blue bathrobe in her room: “Her hair was long and messy, a reddish brown. I didn’t see her face because she was usually turned away. I used to mistake her for my mom.” Years later, grown up, the poster’s daughter slept in her former bedroom. “One day I realized ... I was wearing the same blue bathrobe,” the mother writes. Paranormal trappings aside, this story speaks to the feeling of whiplash brought on by time’s passing.

Slipping can be significant, as any Freudian will tell you, and these narratives are riddles whose answers might tell us about our relationship to time. I have begun considering the message boards on which they are exchanged to be narrow but important release valves, allowing posters to talk about the feelings that arise from being time-bound: depression, midlife crises, the dysmorphia of living in a human body.

What ailed Miss Smith, whose car slid into a ditch after a cocktail party, and who witnessed “groups of Pictish warriors of the late seventh century, ca. 685 AD,” if not an understanding of her smallness in history’s vast expanse? Why did two academics, famous in the time-slip community for writing a book about spotting Marie Antoinette in the Versailles grounds, encounter trees that looked lifeless, “like wood worked in tapestry”? Perhaps in that instant, like the last queen of France’s Ancien Régime, they felt radically out of joint with their present moment.

If you suspend disbelief, you’ll find these threads constitute a philosophical inquiry about the place of the spirit in our physical beings. They debate the merits of subjectivity and objectivity and question the idea that time is a one-lane highway to death.

These writers argue that our past and future can suffuse our present, unveiling an epic dimension of our quotidian existences in moments when we slip and, like Frank, feel eternity.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Casey Claar (21st June 2023), Ewan (29th April 2023), Hamish (29th April 2023), Harmony (29th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (29th April 2023), Matthew (29th April 2023), onevoice (29th April 2023), Perdido (1st August 2023), Pris (29th April 2023), Sirus (30th July 2023), Sue (Ayt) (29th April 2023), Tintin (30th June 2023), Yoda (29th April 2023)

15. Link to Post #288
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    Can you provide any examples, proof? Just curious, you know.

Although I have experienced myself timeslips (in Istanbul amongst others), therefore I know it can happen, this pic ain’t one. We have to be always a bit suspicious of false representations.

It's fantastic that you say you've experienced "time slips". Can you provide any proof? I can tell you I've not had "time slips", but I've had OBE experiences and I can describe those experiences in great detail. Not only am I unable to prove any of it, you have no idea if I'm lying about it or if I was stoned out of my mind or what.

Last edited by Pris; 29th April 2023 at 23:10.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th April 2023), Vicus (29th April 2023)

17. Link to Post #289
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I assumed it was obvious

We're talking about the first half of the video: yes, it was obvious to me. No, it wouldn't be obvious to MOST other people.

Joe Scott, the maker of the video you shared, presented the story in the first half of the video as the "internet phenomenon" that it was. Then, he hit the BIG RED ALARM and debunked the story in the second half of the video. My point is, I was able to determine it was a hoax BEFORE he hit the BIG RED ALARM. In other words, I didn't need Joe Scott to tell me it was fake. I figured it out by myself by pausing the video on the "future" photograph of "Sergei Ponomarenko" and taking a closer look.

To be clear, I really liked the video/analysis because it showed how easy it is to make a hoax. Thanks for sharing it.

Then, just for fun, I went on to suggest that maybe there's a real Sergei Ponomarenko story that's being covered up by this "obvious" fake story of "Sergei Ponomarenko" to prevent further investigation into a coverup by convincing everyone the story is BS. This is about conning people who think they can't be conned.

I hope that clears things up.

Just when you think you're thinking
    OUTSIDE THE BOX...

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I assumed it was obvious
    Last edited by Pris; 29th April 2023 at 23:44.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th July 2023), Jambo (13th September 2023), Perdido (1st August 2023), raregem (4th August 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 5 15