+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1 7 17 35 LastLast

Thread: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

1. Link to Post #121
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Question Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Did Mary Magdalene receive or take from the sepulchre, on that first day of the week, the burial clothes of her beloved Jesus and did she take them home with her?

Attachment 22224
    The Codex Pray (1192-1195) shows the anointing of the body of Christ as he was being wrapped in the Shroud, and the discovery of the empty Shroud by Mary Magdalene.

Or is Chritian Doumergue right, that Mary Magdalene gained custody of the body of Jesus, and ensured this body received a proper burial?

Attachment 22227
    Mary Magdalene on her way to Marseille.
    Reliquary kept in the Sainte Baume (Var, France)

Christian Doumergue, who argued that the “cave of Christ” should be searched for in or near Rennes-les-Bains (based on a manuscript known as “The Avenging of the Saviour”), said in an interview :

"The Great Work of the builders of the Myth of Rennes is to change - without our knowledge and subliminally - the way we see." (07/2013)

An interview with Christian Doumergue: rhedesium.com/interview-with-christian-doumergue
    Last edited by Atlas; 2nd August 2013 at 10:43.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

4evrneo (3rd August 2013), Christine (2nd August 2013), Corncrake (2nd August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), Sunny-side-up (3rd August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (5th August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,138 times in 13,482 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Whatever someone says about Facebook,
    these days I'm getting info there that I haven't seen elsewhere.

http://beyondallreligion.net/2011/08...d-and-forgery/

Advisor to the pope exposes bible fraud and forgery.

"“Go to the Vatican Library today and look at the oldest manuscript that we have of the New Testament, which is known as the Codex Vaticanus’, and was probably one of the bibles commissioned by Constantine. Another one to look at is in the British Library called codex Sinaiticus’ which was discovered in Mount Sinai at St. Catherine’s Monastery.

Look at those two texts, both from the 4TH century, and try to find the famous story of Jesus rescuing the lady who is being stoned for adultery in John’s Gospel Chapter 8. It is a very powerful story, but it is not contained in either of those manuscripts, which means that story was inserted into the text of the New Testament for the first time at least as late as the 4th century if not later. I can give you a hundred other examples.”
    Last edited by ulli; 2nd August 2013 at 13:34.

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

4evrneo (3rd August 2013), araucaria (2nd August 2013), Atlas (2nd August 2013), chocolate (2nd August 2013), Corncrake (2nd August 2013), ErtheVessel (9th February 2019), Flash (2nd August 2013), Jake (2nd August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), kanishk (5th August 2013), lastlegs (9th September 2013), Sophocles (2nd August 2013), sunflower (6th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (3rd August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), thunder24 (4th August 2013), toothpick (6th August 2013), WhiteFeather (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

5. Link to Post #123
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,974 times in 5,003 posts

Default Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Whatever someone says about Facebook,
    these days I'm getting info there that I haven't seen elsewhere.

http://beyondallreligion.net/2011/08...d-and-forgery/

Advisor to the pope exposes bible fraud and forgery.

"“Go to the Vatican Library today and look at the oldest manuscript that we have of the New Testament, which is known as the Codex Vaticanus’, and was probably one of the bibles commissioned by Constantine. Another one to look at is in the British Library called codex Sinaiticus’ which was discovered in Mount Sinai at St. Catherine’s Monastery.

Look at those two texts, both from the 4TH century, and try to find the famous story of Jesus rescuing the lady who is being stoned for adultery in John’s Gospel Chapter 8. It is a very powerful story, but it is not contained in either of those manuscripts, which means that story was inserted into the text of the New Testament for the first time at least as late as the 4th century if not later. I can give you a hundred other examples.”
    The biggest Vatican forgery is the Donation of Constantine:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Constantine

(first time I've seen "https:" ??)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Flash (2nd August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), Sunny-side-up (3rd August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (6th August 2013)

7. Link to Post #124
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Isaiah 45:7 - to me any alien intervention represents demons - I think of Jesus as a friend who was saying "listen to what I am saying - be in this world but not of it" in other words to me this seems to say we are not "this" we are something else that belongs someplace else. I find it interesting that his greatist anger that is talked about is the money changers - no doubt the real reason he was taken down - money changers of course would evolve into the world banking system that now controls everything and of course the foul thing is its never been about the money its about the power that the money brings. Yet the reality beyond this system "they" invented and we all went along with is - What is money? What is gold? What is silver? - We have been brainwashed into all going along with the premise that it is of worth. When actually it's just "stuff" - I wonder if jesus lost it when he found the money changers at work not because he was seeing that moment in time but he had a knowledge of
    what it was all going to become for the people of earth. You bring to light some interesting points of interest - thank you.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Crazy Louie For This Post:

Another1 (2nd August 2013), Atlas (2nd August 2013), CD7 (3rd August 2013), Flash (2nd August 2013), Gardener (5th August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), nomadguy (3rd August 2013), Pamela (26th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (3rd August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (5th August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,322 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I threw the Urantia book away. The only kind of "religious book" that I ever threw away. I think it is full of misinformation. It had been given to me by the worst witch you can think of. I literally mean it.
    If you need to look inside of it, for research only, you can take a look in mine when you come at my place.
    I know that my book is safe from bad magic !

I bought mine on internet but never read it !
    We are one !

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

Flash (2nd August 2013), Sunny-side-up (3rd August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (5th August 2013)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

I'd like to summarize my own view -- which is provisional and ongoing -- of the reality of who Jesus was, taught and stood for. It may be the most important story of our times, but for different reasons than are commonly accepted......

[*]The 'Second Coming' may refer to nothing more than the emergence, approximately 2000 years later, of the truth of what happened and what all this was really about. So now, we have:

-- the authority and agenda of the controlling Roman Church being seriously challenged at long last
    -- the very detailed and extraordinary Gnostic Gospels unearthed at Nag Hammadi in 1945
    -- the entire original Book of Enoch unearthed in the Dead Sea Scrolls in the same year
    -- the exposé (through important books like Holy Blood, Holy Grail, The Jesus Papers, the works of Sir Laurence Gardner, and much else) of the reality of Jesus and Mary's surviving bloodline
    -- David Icke, Jay Weidner and John Lash talking openly to millions about the reality of the takeover by the Archons
    -- millions of people worldwide realizing, and acting on the fact, that true enlightenment and sovereign power lies within, independent of any external controlling agency.[/LIST]
    • It took a while, and much longer than planned, but we've managed to get to a place now which the real Jesus, and the real Mary, might both have approved of. They might both breathe an enormous shared sigh of relief that after 2000 years of real darkness there may be hope for the human race at last.
    • Summary: we're still in with a chance.

Thank you for this thread Bill !

I belive that Jesus have existed and also that he had children with Mary ! I find this subject very interesting to dig in !
    Thank you for the references, now I have a lot to read ! (not shure I whant to thank you for that .... hahaaaaa)

I want to add this reference in french for those who are interested.

I have this book in my book shelf :

''L'homme qui devint Dieu''

From Gerald Messadié

It is a Book in french, that explain the view of the autor based on the Dead see scrools, apocryphal Gospels and other books....
    Here is in french a summary that explains the book:

Source: http://www.radio-canada.ca/radio/bib...p?numero=58391

Gérald Messadié nous présente sa biographie romancée de Jésus, basée sur les évangiles canoniques bien sûr, mais aussi sur les évangiles apocryphes, d'autres écrits contemporains à la vie de Jésus (ex.: les écrits de Flavius Josèphe) et les fameux PAPYRUS DE LA MER MORTE découverts au milieu du 20e siècle.

GOOGLE TRANSLATION:
    Gerald Messadié presents his fictional biography of Jesus, based on the canonical gospels of course, but also the apocryphal gospels, other contemporary writings of Jesus' life (eg, the writings of Josephus) and the famous PAPYRUS OF DEAD SEA discovered in the mid 20th century.

I just started to read it and I don't have the knowledge about all this but it seems verry interesting !
    Did someone, have read or heard about this book before, here on Avalon ?
    Can you give me your impressions ? Just to know your thinking about it !
    I will read it anyways
    We are one !

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

chocolate (2nd August 2013), Flash (2nd August 2013), Joseph McAree (4th August 2013), Sunny-side-up (3rd August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (5th August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

13. Link to Post #127
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Quote Posted by Nat_Lee (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I threw the Urantia book away. The only kind of "religious book" that I ever threw away. I think it is full of misinformation. It had been given to me by the worst witch you can think of. I literally mean it.
    If you need to look inside of it, for research only, you can take a look in mine when you come at my place.
    I know that my book is safe from bad magic !

I bought mine on internet but never read it !
    It is good science fiction (Urantia), if you read it Under that theme, yes, it is fun. But I won't read it again, thanks Nat_Lee. lol

Also, thanks for the post of "l'homme qui devint Dieu" I will give it a look.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), Nat_Lee (2nd August 2013), Sunny-side-up (3rd August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (5th August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

15. Link to Post #128
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I post this link to another thread here in Project Avalon. It is very relevant to this discussion as it brings awareness to something remarkable that is happening now. The questions around Jesus and religion and the context of our lives and so much more are addressed in the thousands of pages of transcribed New Revelation. Each of these pages was first spoken by a man, a Messenger here now. Like Jesus, like Mohammad, like Buddha. They all were here to deliver great Teachings for those times and circumstances.

We are in a new time. With great, challenging circumstances that the entire world faces. This is what has called a new Messenger here. And through this Messenger, great awareness and wisdom. Great Blessings and warnings. This Revelation tells us that Jesus will not return here. Yet Jesus and the other great Messengers stand now, united with this new Messenger, for they all came into this world and returned from a greater realm that we all came from and will return to. Yet theirs is something different, for they are what are called the Angels. They are spiritual Beings who are the Teachers of God the Creator. The Angelic Assembly. They are the many that speak as One. They oversee the development of all worlds in the universe where sentient life has evolved and lives. They have revealed much about themselves in this new Revelation because that is also needed now. Humanity must see clearly and act with wisdom and certainty.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...s-and-Muhammad

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abductee S For This Post:

Snookie (18th August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (5th August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

17. Link to Post #129
    United States Avalon Member Marin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 251 posts

Margaret Starbird's account of Mary Magdalene:

"Interest in the Mary "called Magdalene" in the canonical Christian Gospels of the Greek New Testament has blossomed in the last decades. Who was this Mary, this "other Mary" who was so devoted to Jesus that her presence is reported in all four Gospels at the cross and at the tomb. Who was she, and why was she called "the Magdalene" (h Magdalhnh in Greek). This distinctive epithet of Mary Magdalene is found in all four of the canonical Gospels and in the Gnostic Gospel of Philip discovered at Nag Hammadi in 1945.

Until recently the traditional reply asserts that this "other Mary" was a prostitute from Magdala, a small fishing town located on the western shore to the Sea of Galilee, a town that the Hebrew Talmud says was "destroyed for prostitution." It seems incredible that the most beloved and loyal disciple of Jesus should be said to be from a town with a reputation for loose morals! I would like to discuss here the actual source of Mary Magdalene's extraordinary epithet.

The Aramaic word Magdala means "tower" or "fortress." In Hebrew, the word is spelled mgdl and migdol. The title "Magdalene" implies greatness, exaltation, elevation, and pre-eminence. And in fact, on seven of the eight lists in the New Testament that mention women who followed Jesus, Mary "the Magdalene" is mentioned first. In Matthew 28 we read that on the morning after the Sabbath Mary Magdalene and the "other Mary" went to see the sepulcher. Who is "First Lady" here? Clearly it is Mary Magdalene who has pre-eminence in the early community whose stories are recorded in the Gospels.

For several historical reasons, I do not believe that Mary was from the town of Magdala. In the period of Greek and Roman hegemony in Galilee, the town now known as "Magdala" was called "Taricheae," a Greek name meaning "place of dried fish." According to Josephus, writing in his books about Jewish history, the town was strongly influenced by Hellenistic culture and mores and even sported a hippodrome for chariot races during Biblical times, until its total destruction by the Romans in AD 67. A new town was later built over the ruins of Taricheae, and was called "Magdala Nunnayah," a name mean "Tower of the Fishes" in Aramaic. But during the lifetime of the woman named Mary who anointed Jesus at a banquet and Bethany and later met him resurrected in the Garden on Easter morning, the town was called Taricheae. This is attested in numerous Roman and Jewish records, including several mentions in Josephus.

It appears probable that in trying to discover the source of Mary's distinctive epithet, enthusiastic converts went looking for a town for Mary to have been born in. Not realizing the first century history of the town of Magdala Nunnayah, they decided that she must have come from this town in Galilee which was destroyed for "prostitution." In Jewish tradition, "prostitution" was often ascribed to communities that worshipped foreign gods and was synonymous with "idolatry."

But Greek and Latin speaking converts would not have understood that the town they knew as "Magdala" had a history of adopting Hellenistic mores during the period of Greek hegemony over the region, beginning in about 300 BC, prompting the Jews to attribute "prostitution" to the town's reputation prior to its destruction.

Adding to the confusion of the meaning of Magdalene's title is the conflation of Mary Magdalene with the Mary who anointed Jesus at the banquet at the house of Simon in Bethany, just a few days before the Crucifixion.

All four Gospels of the New Testament tell the story of the anointing of Jesus by a woman, a literal re-enactment of nuptial rites of ancient pagan fertility cults of "Sacred Marriage" celebrated throughout the Mediterranean Basin. Only Luke transplants this story from Bethany, located on the prophetically significant Mount of Olives, to an unnamed town in Galilee, calling the woman who anointed Jesus "a sinner from the town." Luke does not use the word for prostitute in his indictment of the woman, but her loose hair, with which she dries her tears from his feet, implied that her sin was one of loose behavior.

Ignoring the testimony of the other three Gospels, the Church has allowed Mary Magdalene to be slandered as a prostitute for nearly two millennia, thereby stealing her power and silencing her voice. In 1969 the Roman Catholic calendar of Saints' feast days was revised, separating Mary of Bethany from Mary "Magdalene"--thereby splitting the role of the anointing woman in two.

It is my personal conviction that the woman who anointed Jesus at the banquet at Bethany and "wiped his feet with her hair"--Mary of Bethany in John 12--was the same woman who went to anoint his corpse on Easter morning and met him resurrected--Mary Magdalene in John 20. In ancient mythologies of the hieros gamos, it is the Bride who anoints the Bridegroom King, and it is again the Bride who meets him three days later resurrected in the garden. A similar archetypal story celebrating the eternal return of the Life Force is ubiquitous throughout the Middle East in the cults of Inanna, Ishtar, Isis, Aphrodite, Cybele. In the Gospels, Jesus and Mary Magdalene incarnate this "never-ending story" on the physical/historical plane.

source: http://www.margaretstarbird.net/mary...magdalene.html

Who is Margret Starbird?
    "Margaret Starbird's theological beliefs were profoundly shaken when she first encountered the suggestion that Jesus Christ was married and that his blood-line had survived in Western Europe. Shocked by such heresy, this Roman Catholic scholar and former University instructor set out to refute it, but instead found compelling evidence in support of the forgotten Bride of Jesus.

Starbird's research traces the origin of the heresy of the Holy Grail, whose medieval adherents believed that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married and that his wife and child emigrated to Gaul, fleeing persecutions of the Christain community in first-century Jerusalem. Numerous legends, works of art, and artifacts of medieval Europe clearly reflect a widespread "alternative Christian story" brutally suppressed by the Inquisition from the mid-13th Century. The heresy survived in an underground stream of esoteric wisdom guarded and passed down by generations of artists, artisans, poets, and alchemists."

Margaret Starbird has authored 7 books that chronicle Mary Magdalene and the Divine Feminine.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Marin For This Post:

4evrneo (6th August 2013), Atlas (3rd August 2013), Christine (3rd August 2013), Flash (3rd August 2013), gripreaper (3rd August 2013), Jean-Marie (4th August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), karelia (2nd August 2013), PurpleLama (3rd August 2013), rezboom (3rd August 2013), sunflower (6th August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (3rd August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

19. Link to Post #130
    United States Avalon Member Sirius White's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 times in 336 posts

Hello Bill I have quite a bit to say about this. When I'm not tired I will be back

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sirius White For This Post:

Christine (3rd August 2013), Marin (3rd August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013)

21. Link to Post #131
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,970 times in 5,651 posts

Great excerpt from your link below Bill. This could give some relevance to the proverbial rabbit hole and the red pill. Hence The Matrix. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us on the topic thread of Jesus. Im taking it all in. And its resonating.

(2) Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

4evrneo (6th August 2013), CD7 (3rd August 2013), Christine (3rd August 2013), Gardener (5th August 2013), gripreaper (4th August 2013), Jayke (3rd August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), karelia (3rd August 2013), Marin (4th August 2013), Teo (9th August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), thunder24 (4th August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013), Wind (3rd August 2013)

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Interesting snipets whitefeather.... But really who KNOWS who wrote this, how authentic it is, how much has it been twisted? However some points popped out...

114) Simon Peter said to him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life."
    Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

This one is questionable Aye? Perhaps some of these words have been misrepresented not in its right context? "in order to make her male?" hummmm

(113) His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
    <Jesus said,> "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."

YES yes! Its not seen!! Its here! Its potential has always been here

(54) Jesus said, "Blessed are the poor, for yours is the kingdom of heaven

Well HALLELUJAH!!! Im poor BRING IT ON!

94) Jesus said, "He who seeks will find, and he who knocks will be let in."

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK... can WE come in?

(37) His disciples said, "When will you become revealed to us and when shall we see you?"
    Jesus said, "When you disrobe without being ashamed and take up your garments and place them under your feet like little children and tread on them, then will you see the son of the living one, and you will not be afraid"

BOTTOMS UP....lets all get buck naked lol!

(29) Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

Hummm the wonder of wonders! Yes lets switch this up shall we!...spirit becoming through body---I am waiting for this wonder of wonders

(19) Jesus said, "Blessed is he who came into being before he came into being. If you become my disciples and listen to my words, these stones will minister to you. For there are five trees for you in Paradise which remain undisturbed summer and winter and whose leaves do not fall. Whoever becomes acquainted with them will not experience death."

Is there perhaps a possibility anyone knows about these FIVE TREES in paradise??? Because if you are acquainted can u PLZ SHARE
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Atlas (4th August 2013), Delight (3rd August 2013), heyokah (3rd August 2013), Jayke (3rd August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), Nat_Lee (4th August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), ulli (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (4th August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

25. Link to Post #133
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Quote Posted by CD7 (here)
    (19) Jesus said, "Blessed is he who came into being before he came into being. If you become my disciples and listen to my words, these stones will minister to you. For there are five trees for you in Paradise which remain undisturbed summer and winter and whose leaves do not fall. Whoever becomes acquainted with them will not experience death."

Is there perhaps a possibility anyone knows about these FIVE TREES in paradise??? Because if you are acquainted can u PLZ SHARE
    That last sentence 'Whoever becomes acquainted with them will not experience death' is most likely a reference to the ending of Karma. A similar idea is found in the Complete Enlightenment sutra where the Buddha is discussing with his bodhisattvas how to help people end their suffering through ending the cycle of karma.

Since gnosticism shared similar ideals and beliefs to the eastern Buddhist traditions the 5 trees probably represent the 5 Skhandas, the following is from Bill Bodris eBook Measuring Meditation.

Quote In order to understand someone else’s stage of cultivation accomplishment, or your own, it is
    very important to understand what the ancient Indians termed the five skandhas. The five
    skandhas can be translated from the Sanskrit in several ways: the five aggregates, collections,
    groupings, piles, heaps, elements, classes or clusters. In Chinese, the five aggregates are known
    as the five yun, which means the five shadows or coverings, and in Tibetan they are known as the
    phung-po nga. They are a means for describing the entire path and step-by-step process of
    cultivation progress.

In technical terms, the five skandhas are an analytical means for describing the total psychophysical
    personality that we call the self, yet without the need of postulating an internal soul or
    individual. In other words, the five aggregates are the true component factors which “make up
    the individual.” They describe the nature of the individual human existence, so we can
    colloquially say that they make up the self. All the experiences we can possibly encounter—
    forms, sensations, impulses, concepts, and even consciousness—all these things are classified by
    the five skandhas under the appropriate skandha category. Since the five skandhas embrace every
    type of experience we can possibly encounter—including every experience we are encountering
    at this very moment—they are a classification system that describes the composition of our
    experiential being.

To put it differently, what we call the “self” is actually an agglomeration of five different event
    types, or skandhas. There is no real ego or true self within these event types, for there are only
    the skandhas operating without any “real person” inside them. The world of ever-flowing
    skandha experiences is sort of like a big soup of chemical reactions automatically evolving back
    and forth, or like a big net of feedback linked causes and effects. What happens is that pure
    awareness locks onto these skandha events, ignorantly imputes an isolated and limited self within
    them through a form of polluted fascination, and becomes so enamored of the falsity it has
    created that awareness turns away from its original pure nature.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Atlas (10th August 2013), CD7 (3rd August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (4th August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

27. Link to Post #134
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)

That last sentence 'Whoever becomes acquainted with them will not experience death' is most likely a reference to the ending of Karma. A similar idea is found in the Complete Enlightenment sutra where the Buddha is discussing with his bodhisattvas how to help people end their suffering through ending the cycle of karma.

Since gnosticism shared similar ideals and beliefs to the eastern Buddhist traditions the 5 trees probably represent the 5 Skhandas, the following is from Bill Bodris eBook Measuring Meditation.

Quote In order to understand someone else’s stage of cultivation accomplishment, or your own, it is
    very important to understand what the ancient Indians termed the five skandhas. The five
    skandhas can be translated from the Sanskrit in several ways: the five aggregates, collections,
    groupings, piles, heaps, elements, classes or clusters. In Chinese, the five aggregates are known
    as the five yun, which means the five shadows or coverings, and in Tibetan they are known as the
    phung-po nga. They are a means for describing the entire path and step-by-step process of
    cultivation progress.

In technical terms, the five skandhas are an analytical means for describing the total psychophysical
    personality that we call the self, yet without the need of postulating an internal soul or
    individual. In other words, the five aggregates are the true component factors which “make up
    the individual.” They describe the nature of the individual human existence, so we can
    colloquially say that they make up the self. All the experiences we can possibly encounter—
    forms, sensations, impulses, concepts, and even consciousness—all these things are classified by
    the five skandhas under the appropriate skandha category. Since the five skandhas embrace every
    type of experience we can possibly encounter—including every experience we are encountering
    at this very moment—they are a classification system that describes the composition of our
    experiential being.

To put it differently, what we call the “self” is actually an agglomeration of five different event
    types, or skandhas. There is no real ego or true self within these event types, for there are only
    the skandhas operating without any “real person” inside them. The world of ever-flowing
    skandha experiences is sort of like a big soup of chemical reactions automatically evolving back
    and forth, or like a big net of feedback linked causes and effects. What happens is that pure
    awareness locks onto these skandha events, ignorantly imputes an isolated and limited self within
    them through a form of polluted fascination, and becomes so enamored of the falsity it has
    created that awareness turns away from its original pure nature.

yes thanks Jayke...Its not a mystery that these writings/scriptures have multiple levels and meanings....

This may be related but it is also mentions the trees ..

which remain undisturbed summer and winter and whose leaves do not fall. Whoever becomes acquainted with them will not experience death."

I suppose this could be analogy to the elements not disturbing you?...but one always wonders if there is an actual "physical" representation tht this could speak to OR it could be complete rubbish! LOL
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Atlas (4th August 2013), Jayke (3rd August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (4th August 2013), william r sanford72 (3rd August 2013)

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Mastery of the skhandas certainly makes one imperturbable to any changing phenomena of the external world.

But for those that have the eyes to see and ears to hear, the physical representation, the trees then most likely represent the branching fibres of the sensory nervous system that gives rise to the illusory world of maya. That's my guess at least.

and if the trees do represent the physical body then it fits into the theme he's talking about in the rest of the quotes above.

A quick google search reveals there is a 5 pair of nerves that run from the sacral and lumbar region of the spine, could have a connection to the spine then possibly? With the sacrum as the source of the kundalini energy that needs to be risen through the rest of the system.
    Last edited by Jayke; 3rd August 2013 at 17:16.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

CD7 (3rd August 2013), chocolate (4th August 2013), gripreaper (4th August 2013), Jean-Marie (4th August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013), seko (4th August 2013), Snookie (18th August 2013), ThresholdRising (3rd August 2013), WhiteFeather (4th August 2013)

31. Link to Post #136
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Marin (here)
    Margaret Starbird's account of Mary Magdalene:

"Interest in the Mary "called Magdalene" in the canonical Christian Gospels of the Greek New Testament has blossomed in the last decades. Who was this Mary, this "other Mary" who was so devoted to Jesus that her presence is reported in all four Gospels at the cross and at the tomb. Who was she, and why was she called "the Magdalene" (h Magdalhnh in Greek). This distinctive epithet of Mary Magdalene is found in all four of the canonical Gospels and in the Gnostic Gospel of Philip discovered at Nag Hammadi in 1945.

Until recently the traditional reply asserts that this "other Mary" was a prostitute from Magdala, a small fishing town located on the western shore to the Sea of Galilee, a town that the Hebrew Talmud says was "destroyed for prostitution." It seems incredible that the most beloved and loyal disciple of Jesus should be said to be from a town with a reputation for loose morals! I would like to discuss here the actual source of Mary Magdalene's extraordinary epithet.

The Aramaic word Magdala means "tower" or "fortress." In Hebrew, the word is spelled mgdl and migdol. The title "Magdalene" implies greatness, exaltation, elevation, and pre-eminence. And in fact, on seven of the eight lists in the New Testament that mention women who followed Jesus, Mary "the Magdalene" is mentioned first. In Matthew 28 we read that on the morning after the Sabbath Mary Magdalene and the "other Mary" went to see the sepulcher. Who is "First Lady" here? Clearly it is Mary Magdalene who has pre-eminence in the early community whose stories are recorded in the Gospels.

For several historical reasons, I do not believe that Mary was from the town of Magdala. In the period of Greek and Roman hegemony in Galilee, the town now known as "Magdala" was called "Taricheae," a Greek name meaning "place of dried fish." According to Josephus, writing in his books about Jewish history, the town was strongly influenced by Hellenistic culture and mores and even sported a hippodrome for chariot races during Biblical times, until its total destruction by the Romans in AD 67. A new town was later built over the ruins of Taricheae, and was called "Magdala Nunnayah," a name mean "Tower of the Fishes" in Aramaic. But during the lifetime of the woman named Mary who anointed Jesus at a banquet and Bethany and later met him resurrected in the Garden on Easter morning, the town was called Taricheae. This is attested in numerous Roman and Jewish records, including several mentions in Josephus.

It appears probable that in trying to discover the source of Mary's distinctive epithet, enthusiastic converts went looking for a town for Mary to have been born in. Not realizing the first century history of the town of Magdala Nunnayah, they decided that she must have come from this town in Galilee which was destroyed for "prostitution." In Jewish tradition, "prostitution" was often ascribed to communities that worshipped foreign gods and was synonymous with "idolatry."

But Greek and Latin speaking converts would not have understood that the town they knew as "Magdala" had a history of adopting Hellenistic mores during the period of Greek hegemony over the region, beginning in about 300 BC, prompting the Jews to attribute "prostitution" to the town's reputation prior to its destruction.

Adding to the confusion of the meaning of Magdalene's title is the conflation of Mary Magdalene with the Mary who anointed Jesus at the banquet at the house of Simon in Bethany, just a few days before the Crucifixion.

All four Gospels of the New Testament tell the story of the anointing of Jesus by a woman, a literal re-enactment of nuptial rites of ancient pagan fertility cults of "Sacred Marriage" celebrated throughout the Mediterranean Basin. Only Luke transplants this story from Bethany, located on the prophetically significant Mount of Olives, to an unnamed town in Galilee, calling the woman who anointed Jesus "a sinner from the town." Luke does not use the word for prostitute in his indictment of the woman, but her loose hair, with which she dries her tears from his feet, implied that her sin was one of loose behavior.

Ignoring the testimony of the other three Gospels, the Church has allowed Mary Magdalene to be slandered as a prostitute for nearly two millennia, thereby stealing her power and silencing her voice. In 1969 the Roman Catholic calendar of Saints' feast days was revised, separating Mary of Bethany from Mary "Magdalene"--thereby splitting the role of the anointing woman in two.

It is my personal conviction that the woman who anointed Jesus at the banquet at Bethany and "wiped his feet with her hair"--Mary of Bethany in John 12--was the same woman who went to anoint his corpse on Easter morning and met him resurrected--Mary Magdalene in John 20. In ancient mythologies of the hieros gamos, it is the Bride who anoints the Bridegroom King, and it is again the Bride who meets him three days later resurrected in the garden. A similar archetypal story celebrating the eternal return of the Life Force is ubiquitous throughout the Middle East in the cults of Inanna, Ishtar, Isis, Aphrodite, Cybele. In the Gospels, Jesus and Mary Magdalene incarnate this "never-ending story" on the physical/historical plane.

source: http://www.margaretstarbird.net/mary...magdalene.html

Who is Margret Starbird?
    "Margaret Starbird's theological beliefs were profoundly shaken when she first encountered the suggestion that Jesus Christ was married and that his blood-line had survived in Western Europe. Shocked by such heresy, this Roman Catholic scholar and former University instructor set out to refute it, but instead found compelling evidence in support of the forgotten Bride of Jesus.

Starbird's research traces the origin of the heresy of the Holy Grail, whose medieval adherents believed that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married and that his wife and child emigrated to Gaul, fleeing persecutions of the Christain community in first-century Jerusalem. Numerous legends, works of art, and artifacts of medieval Europe clearly reflect a widespread "alternative Christian story" brutally suppressed by the Inquisition from the mid-13th Century. The heresy survived in an underground stream of esoteric wisdom guarded and passed down by generations of artists, artisans, poets, and alchemists."

Margaret Starbird has authored 7 books that chronicle Mary Magdalene and the Divine Feminine.

Quite similarly in the sense of linguistic sleight of hand, we have Jesus of Nazareth, as opposed to Jesus the Nazirite, Nazarite, Nazarene, etc.

My apologies if this has been illustrated earlier in this thread, I confess to not having read it in entirety.

32. Link to Post #137
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Mastery of the skhandas certainly makes one imperturbable to any changing phenomena of the external world.

But for those that have the eyes to see and ears to hear, the physical representation, the trees then most likely represent the branching fibres of the sensory nervous system that gives rise to the illusory world of maya. That's my guess at least.

and if the trees do represent the physical body then it fits into the theme he's talking about in the rest of the quotes above.

A quick google search reveals there is a 5 pair of nerves that run from the sacral and lumbar region of the spine, could have a connection to the spine then possibly? With the sacrum as the source of the kundalini energy that needs to be risen through the rest of the system.
    Then their is the cranial nerves, which are a nerve system for internal organs amongst other things. The top set of the cranial nerves is smell. The olfactory bulbs (smell nerves) are processed in the limbic system, the emotional centre of the brain. Interestingly enough it was discovered that there are scent smells through the body, including the mouth, lungs, heart, digestive system and testes. These nerves are very close to the pituatary gland in the brain.

The second set is for sight. The information of the nerves that comes from the eyes goes in two directions and is process in the r complex (most primitive part of the brain) and the neocortex. The part of the brain that process sight is right behind and connected to the pineal gland.

Read this before going further about the eye of horus - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...perceptual-map

There seems to be some higher circuit available here external and internal. I believe that the body can be turned into a sort of energy emitter that kind of works like a cathode ray tube that you find in old tvs, the energy created be the cranial nerves being drawn out and then accelrated by the external nervous system.

You could almost do your own death and resurrection with this information, of course if you see the death and resurrection as a metaphor, there are countless ways of doing this.

And maybe even "As above, so below. As within, so without". Of course so many of these myths, terms, phrases, etc can be applied to processes that exist on so many levels, even making it easier to percieve some of these patterns of existance.
    Last edited by ThresholdRising; 3rd August 2013 at 20:35.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThresholdRising For This Post:

CD7 (3rd August 2013), chocolate (4th August 2013), Christine (3rd August 2013), Delight (4th August 2013), Jayke (3rd August 2013), Jean-Marie (4th August 2013), Marin (4th August 2013), Teo (9th August 2013), WhiteFeather (4th August 2013), william r sanford72 (6th August 2013)

34. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

I would really like to meet this guy (Jesus) one day !
    We are one !

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

WhiteFeather (4th August 2013), william r sanford72 (6th August 2013)

36. Link to Post #139
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Arrow Re: The real Jesus, the real Mary, Gnosis, the Archons, and the world's first major smear campaign

Olive trees in the Jerusalem garden where Jesus Christ prayed before he was crucified have "miraculously" lived through the past nine centuries bacteria-free, according to a molecular research carried by a team from Italy's National Research Council (CNR) and various Italian universities.

The research found that three of the eight healthy trees (the only ones on which it was technically possible to carry out the dating) come from 1092, 1166 and 1198), although the roots underground are certainly much older.

DNA analysis of the eight trees revealed they were all related to a single, older tree. "All eight trees have similar genetic profiles, meaning they are olive 'twins,' all children of a single specimen" lead researcher Antonio Cimato of the CNR's Tree and Timber Institute in Florence, said.

(source: news.discovery.com/earth/olive-trees-jesus-121022.htm)

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

CD7 (4th August 2013), chocolate (4th August 2013), nomadguy (4th August 2013), seko (4th August 2013), thunder24 (4th August 2013), william r sanford72 (6th August 2013)

38. Link to Post #140
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

I have downloaded Zip file from both links but only eight pdf's and two videos got extracted. And says 'The file name, directory name, or volume name syntax is incorrect'. I used the latest WinZip to extract the files but still the problem is there. Is this because currently I am having slower internet connection that the files get corrupted while downloading and could not be extracted therefore.
    Last edited by kanishk; 4th August 2013 at 08:46.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Billy (4th August 2013), Joseph McAree (18th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1 7 17 35 LastLast