+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 5 11 LastLast

Thread: The Kundalini Is The Holy Spirit! What Your Church Doesn't Want You To Know

1. Link to Post #81
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: The Kundalini Is The Holy Spirit! What Your Church Doesn't Want You To Know

Amen Jake--all belief systems, concepts and at some point all teachers must be released.
    The teacher and the taught are the same.
    The God within you is the same as the God within me.
    Namaste---"I greet the God within you."

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Akasha (28th September 2013), Heart-2-Heart (1st October 2013), Jake (28th September 2013), learninglight (28th September 2013), Reinhard (1st October 2013), soleil (3rd October 2013)

3. Link to Post #82
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: The Kundalini Is The Holy Spirit! What Your Church Doesn't Want You To Know

My ego says and at least I know I have one.
    Twenty years ago I could have entered into great debate about Kundalini---now I know very little about anything.
    Things just run their course and that's as intended.
    When Shakti/the cosmic energy awakes within you, as one teacher said "You are in the taxi being driven home by Shakti"
    Its a question of trust---the energy is super intelligent it knows what it is doing.
    Me would only get in the way.

Chris

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Jake (28th September 2013), learninglight (28th September 2013), Reinhard (1st October 2013), soleil (3rd October 2013)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    My ego says and at least I know I have one.
    Twenty years ago I could have entered into great debate about Kundalini---now I know very little about anything.
    Things just run their course and that's as intended.
    When Shakti/the cosmic energy awakes within you, as one teacher said "You are in the taxi being driven home by Shakti"
    Its a question of trust---the energy is super intelligent it knows what it is doing.
    Me would only get in the way.

Chris
    Ha! I love it!! ME definitely gets in the way. Me is quite stubborn. Thank you, Chris.

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

greybeard (28th September 2013), learninglight (28th September 2013), Reinhard (1st October 2013), soleil (3rd October 2013)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Jake, you made a very valid point that only a judgment coming from the Self or the innermost pure being (this is my add-on) should be trusted. Therefore, the question is: how to determine that it's coming from there? I believe it's the main stumbling block for people having good intentions but who eventually start clashing because of different ideas of this Self or the ways it communicates its vision.

Common sense can vary, what you call as "instincts" can vary, ESP can vary too. If you are a good person but have some strong negativity sitting in your subtle system it can resist to Divinity and send you negative emotions interfering with your instincts. If you seem to be fine both in terms of your goodness and state of your subtle system, or purity of your soul if i use religious language, but is strongly conditioned with a particular set of beliefs, it would interfere with your common sense. If you have neither of major flaws and is open enough, only in this case your judgement can be more or less accurate within the limits of your perception. And ESP, whichever mode one is tapped to, is heavily dependent on previous conditions.

Suppose, what you felt in your OBE has to do with Divinity. What are the criteria you are using? What is your idea of Divinity? What is your idea of negativity? How does it affect your waking state on all levels of your being: physical, emotional, mental? What are precisely the benefits you'd like to share with others as a result of all your experiences? How do these benefits match with other cases of enlightenment or at least benevolently expanded awareness? And again everything comes to this point: what is your idea of enlightenment and based on what?

You may say that i'm too precautious and asking too many questions. But i mentioned earlier that i adhere to a dualistic view, and it should be very simple to understand: if we agree that there are negative people living on this earth, then same thing could be applied to the spiritual dimension. And probably it's precisely this spiritual dimension that makes people negative to begin with.

Shri Mataji was talking about false gurus and was doing it quite openly. So it's too late to do "disservice" to her as she already did it herself. You felt suspicious about someone trying to warn others about potential dangers. In other words, you felt judgmental, and was sure that your judgment was coming from Self, about someone who was judgmental while the judgement wasn't actually coming from Self? It would be very lovely if dangers didn't exist, and all spiritual masters would provide true guidance to aspirants. But what if it's actually not the case? What if people can be damaged by self-proclaimed gurus and teachers? And if someone warns about it and provides means of discretion, "vibratory awareness" being among them that should be tested rather them trusted blindly, maybe there's some genuineness about it. Probably you don't understand how this coolness, warmth, tingling, etc., works when you, brother, comparing it to what other people experience. Coolness can be experienced from light sensations to literally blowing wind and something enveloping your entire being. I didn't have an experience of being totally enveloped with this coolness but i trust experiences of some other Sahaja yogis, actually quite good people and yogis. But i did experience it as a very strong flow. Heat can be something really burning that would definitely cause a certain amount of discomfort. Same thing about tingling. And these sensations can alternate really fast depending on where you put your attention, and different hands and fingers can have different patterns of sensations too. I doubt it to be something that most of the people experience on a regular basis, so it's a pretty unique ESP one may say.

Regarding beliefs and their utility. Some beliefs can be quite useless indeed, even detrimental. But it doesn't apply to all cases. Some conditionings that people have can be benevolent for their spiritual progress. I personally see it as a fuel section in a rocket that propels it high enough, and at a certain height it can be abandoned. After all, all known great spiritual masters and mystics have had some religious background to begin with. But i do agree that religions and spiritual practices fail all too often for many of their followers, and Sahaja Yoga is not really some exception from this unfortunate rule.

In the end, i'd like to share some ideas of the criteria to determine the genuineness of his or her spiritual path. It really comes down to very simple but very profound things: how innocent, joyful, peaceful, compassionate and knowledgeable one becomes as a result of all what he or she is doing. I believe it's very hard to disagree with that. I would like to emphasize innocence, with chastity being a part of it. For example, when prophet Muhammad was in doubts about his spiritual experiences and visions of the angel who would come and talk to him, his wife Hadidja suggested an experiment: next time they lie in bed and Muhammad sahib sees the angel, Hadidja would open the blanket and expose her nudity to him. And if he disappears, surely enough he must be a Divine messenger since feeling of shame coming from chastity could only come from someone Divine. And the angel disappeared indeed when she did that. So it was the case of a very deep intuitive understanding of Divine principles that, in my opinion, was coming from Self.
    Last edited by Izheheruvim; 28th September 2013 at 17:54.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

learninglight (30th September 2013)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

Quote Jake, you made a very valid point that only a judgment coming from the Self or the innermost pure being (this is my add-on) should be trusted. Therefore, the question is: how to determine that it's coming from there? I believe it's the main stumbling block for people having good intentions but who eventually start clashing because of different ideas of this Self or the ways it communicates its vision.
    Indeed! There is a difference between making a judgement and 'being judgemental. If there is a snake, I will make a judgement about NOT touching it. That is not the same as being Judgemental of the snake. The snake, is what it is!! It is human flaw that puts negativity into the act of judging. Negativity being that in which is designed to deceive or lie. The worst deceit or lie will be the one where we attempt to lie to ourselves. THAT is when our instinct stops talking to us. Most all of negativity comes from what one interprets as deception or lies. This definition does not cover all bases. I am more speaking of a personal/emotional/human perspective. (ie,,, hunger will be negatively received by those who don't have any food.) Maybe not the best example.

Quote Common sense can vary, what you call as "instincts" can vary, ESP can vary too. If you are a good person but have some strong negativity sitting in your subtle system it can resist to Divinity and send you negative emotions interfering with your instincts. If you seem to be fine both in terms of your goodness and state of your subtle system, or purity of your soul if i use religious language, but is strongly conditioned with a particular set of beliefs, it would interfere with your common sense. If you have neither of major flaws and is open enough, only in this case your judgement can be more or less accurate within the limits of your perception. And ESP, whichever mode one is tapped to, is heavily dependent on previous conditions.
    Very well said, my friend. I cannot disagree. I will point out that my awareness/observation and acceptance of what happens to me spontaneously came WITHOUT even a basic understanding of 'goodness and/or state of my subtle systems.' This is not about attainment. It is about experience. I have shed more layers than I can remember. And therefore have to agree with your statement about Instinct being heavily dependent on previous 'knowns'. But I cannot agree that special instinct is granted to those who have 'achieved'.. My friend, I am a common fool!!! Yet I walk with full knowledge of many of the mysteries of the universe, based on nothing more than being able to embrace my experiences. Definitely NOT based on my understanding of it. Not based on attainment. Not based on how old/holy my soul is...

Quote Suppose, what you felt in your OBE has to do with Divinity. What are the criteria you are using? What is your idea of Divinity? What is your idea of negativity? How does it affect your waking state on all levels of your being: physical, emotional, mental? What are precisely the benefits you'd like to share with others as a result of all your experiences? How do these benefits match with other cases of enlightenment or at least benevolently expanded awareness? And again everything comes to this point: what is your idea of enlightenment and based on what?
    I do not suppose any such thing. I believe Divinity to be a lie!! The biggest barrier between self and true self is the BELIEF that any condition of the soul, or any condition of consciousness is on some divine pedestal, that only the most holy or gifted can ATTAIN. That is an outright lie! Enlightenment, to me, is simply observing the experience of your own expanding awareness. All things cycle, therefore it is not a matter of 'levels',,, up or down. It is expanding your point of view to a point where ones soul can accept the comfort of being one with the universe. Yet even then,, who is thinking the thoughts that are observing an expanding awareness?? It can only be based on personal experience, and the ability to embrace/remember our experiences. example: At first I see red. expanding out, I see patterns of red rectangles, expanding out, I see that it is a brick wall, expanding out I see that it is a building, expanding out I see that it is a city block, expanding out I see that it is a city, expanding out I see that it is a state, country then, planet, then solar system,,, etc... That is expanded awareness,,, enlightenment is the journey. If any of it is divine, then it is ALL divine. There is no middle man between a person and God/universe/all that is...

Quote You may say that i'm too precautious and asking too many questions. But i mentioned earlier that i adhere to a dualistic view, and it should be very simple to understand: if we agree that there are negative people living on this earth, then same thing could be applied to the spiritual dimension. And probably it's precisely this spiritual dimension that makes people negative to begin with.
    I would not say any such thing. If you don't ask questions then how do you expect to get answers. We will do better to learn from ourselves and each other, in dialogue than to learn from many of the old texts, no? I am aware of the same duality.

Quote Probably you don't understand how this coolness, warmth, tingling, etc., works when you, brother, comparing it to what other people experience. Coolness can be experienced from light sensations to literally blowing wind and something enveloping your entire being. I didn't have an experience of being totally enveloped with this coolness but i trust experiences of some other Sahaja yogis, actually quite good people and yogis. But i did experience it as a very strong flow. Heat can be something really burning that would definitely cause a certain amount of discomfort. Same thing about tingling. And these sensations can alternate really fast depending on where you put your attention, and different hands and fingers can have different patterns of sensations too. I doubt it to be something that most of the people experience on a regular basis, so it's a pretty unique ESP one may say.
    Very insightful, thank you. You cannot test me on my understanding of the dynamics of energetic, subtle body reactions, and how it relates to personal spirituality. You can try. There is nothing vague about my experiences, they are direct. Here is a hint: The reason why I am suspicious when folks insist that a 'coolness' or a 'warmth' or a 'hot' or a 'cold' is relevant is because the sensations of 'hot/cold/warm/cool' are ALL RELATIVE TO THE OBSERVER. You cannot tell me that ones experience of being bathed in 'coolness' is NOT another experience of being 'burned in the heat'.. It is all relevant to the observer. All of these subtle body energetic states ARE. And here we are,, full circle into the concept of personal experience and personal empowerment, vs reading it in a book... There is a powerful vibrational state that is many times the precursor experience to the OBE. This vibrational state has been described by a VAST number of people in almost every religion. (I have done my homework on this one..) If you take a hundred people, you will get a hundred different descriptions. Part of expanded awareness has to do with the balancing or 'tuning' our experience of this vibrational state. On the other hand,,, it is also true that about 2 thirds of all 'astral projectors' will not experience the vibrational state. I promise you IT IS ALL RELATIVE TO THE OBSERVER.

Quote In the end, i'd like to share some ideas of the criteria to determine the genuineness of his or her spiritual path. It really comes down to very simple but very profound things: how innocent, joyful, peaceful, compassionate and knowledgeable one becomes as a result of all what he or she is doing. I believe it's very hard to disagree with that. I would like to emphasize innocence, with chastity being a part of it. For example, when prophet Muhammad was in doubts about his spiritual experiences and visions of the angel who would come and talk to him, his wife Hadidja suggested an experiment: next time they lie in bed and Muhammad sahib sees the angel, Hadidja would open the blanket and expose her nudity to him. And if he disappears, surely enough he must be a Divine messenger since feeling of shame coming from chastity could only come from someone Divine. And the angel disappeared indeed when she did that. So it was the case of a very deep intuitive understanding of Divine principles that, in my opinion, was coming from Self.
    Love and peace to you, brother. Of course it comes from self. And it is not just the Prophets any more!!!!

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Akasha (28th September 2013), learninglight (29th September 2013), Reinhard (1st October 2013), soleil (3rd October 2013)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Quote Indeed! There is a difference between making a judgement and 'being judgemental. If there is a snake, I will make a judgement about NOT touching it. That is not the same as being Judgemental of the snake. The snake, is what it is!! It is human flaw that puts negativity into the act of judging. Negativity being that in which is designed to deceive or lie. The worst deceit or lie will be the one where we attempt to lie to ourselves. THAT is when our instinct stops talking to us. Most all of negativity comes from what one interprets as deception or lies. This definition does not cover all bases. I am more speaking of a personal/emotional/human perspective. (ie,,, hunger will be negatively received by those who don't have any food.) Maybe not the best example.
    Snake cannot transcend the limits of being what it is whereas humans have more flexibility in this respect. And certain things that humans do one can't help judging negatively or positively, not in some abstract way like "such and such person should be avoided" but rather imparting quite definitive moral characteristics to him or her. And it's not necessarily about trying to deceive oneself and project one's negativity on others. Most people, i believe, have some innate discretion of what good and evil are, especially when it comes to rather fundamental things. If someone tries to be nonjudgmental and sees others as being judgmental in the way i described, then it's a catch 22 - he or she also becomes judgmental based on his or her core belief of being nonjudgmental. But i guess we agree on the difference between valid and invalid judgment

Quote But I cannot agree that special instinct is granted to those who have 'achieved'..
    If you dedicate your attention, love and time to something, wouldn't you expect some achievements that would be less accessible to others, all things being equal? I believe it's just a common sense. And of course the point is not to become any different from others but to achieve what you want.

Quote I do not suppose any such thing. I believe Divinity to be a lie!! The biggest barrier between self and true self is the BELIEF that any condition of the soul, or any condition of consciousness is on some divine pedestal, that only the most holy or gifted can ATTAIN. That is an outright lie!
    What is your belief based upon? Probably this belief stands between your self and true self

Quote You cannot tell me that ones experience of being bathed in 'coolness' is NOT another experience of being 'burned in the heat'.. It is all relevant to the observer.
    Yes, i made clear the condition - Kundalini shakti should be properly established (meaning that one should tap into the central energy channel rather nicely) and Vishuddhi chakra should be clean enough to be able to perceive these sensations accurately. Otherwise it will be distorted by the observer's inner state, and it does happen indeed.

Quote Love and peace to you, brother. Of course it comes from self. And it is not just the Prophets any more!!!!
    Brother, love and peace to you too
    Last edited by Izheheruvim; 28th September 2013 at 20:30.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

Akasha (29th September 2013), Jake (28th September 2013), learninglight (29th September 2013), mahalall (29th September 2013), Virma De Ris (4th January 2014)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

Quote If you dedicate your attention, love and time to something, wouldn't you expect some achievements that would be less accessible to others, all things being equal? I believe it's just a common sense. And of course the point is not to become any different from others but to achieve what you want.
    Oh yes, of course. I am a musician. I have dedicated almost 30 years to passionately learning about myself through music. I do recognize that great works tend to help folks achieve. But I have had the amazing pleasure of playing with at least a couple of 'naturals'. They did not have to put in the long hours/struggles/sacrifices etc... they could 'just play'... It is amazing!!! They no more had an understanding of musical theory than an ant!!! But they sure could play!!

Quote What is your belief based upon? (regarding Divinity) Probably this belief stands between your self and true self
    I don't base my condition on beliefs. The only thing that stands between me and true self is a decision. Yes, it is a choice.

To assume divinity is to assume that there is separation from myself and universal oneness. Of course any separation from source/self is an illusion,,, a choice. I do not struggle with it so much. I used to. Divinity is also RELATIVE TO THE OBSERVER.. What is considered divine to one, will surely be considered normal to the 'divine'. There are no fixed points, no straight lines, only vast potentials animated by consciousness. Who are you to say that the snake is not on a journey to find its true self?? Ha. A demonstration of being judgemental of an entire species...

I have become lucid in THIS dream... the one we call reality!! I love the mystery. I love the journey. I lament that sooooooooo many people fall blindly into a religion without attempting to embrace the true nature of their own souls... I dare say that if we had never put spirituality on a divine pedestal,, perhaps we wouldn't have the problem with blind faith, that we do now. Divinity assumes a level of unattainability,,, I do NOT buy into it. It is ALL divine,, or none of it.

Part of what frustrates me is that a guy like me cannot talk about any of this really,,, Religion has claimed it all.... spirit/soul/divinity/sacred/holy/consciousness,,,, If I talk pragmatically to folks about my experiences,,, one way or the other,,,, religious folks get quite irritated,,, 'you're not jesus',, 'you're not a god',, 'your not a prophet',,, ie,,, it is RELIGION that has put all of this up on a pedestal... Not me... I am saying that it belongs equally to each of us... Christ is not a person, but a condition of the soul. Jesus was a person. So is Izheheruvim, so is Jake, so was Muhammad!! And each of us carry the same potential. No separation. No divinity. Only IS....

Jake.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Akasha (28th September 2013), greybeard (29th September 2013), Ikarusion (14th January 2014), Izheheruvim (29th September 2013), learninglight (29th September 2013), Reinhard (1st October 2013), soleil (3rd October 2013), thunder24 (29th September 2013), Virma De Ris (4th January 2014)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Quote Oh yes, of course. I am a musician. I have dedicated almost 30 years to passionately learning about myself through music. I do recognize that great works tend to help folks achieve. But I have had the amazing pleasure of playing with at least a couple of 'naturals'. They did not have to put in the long hours/struggles/sacrifices etc... they could 'just play'... It is amazing!!! They no more had an understanding of musical theory than an ant!!! But they sure could play!!
    Jake, if you remember i wrote "all things being equal". It means that people with different natural inclinations need less or more time to master the same field. And i'm talking about the majority of people who normally require some time and perseverance in order to achieve something.

Quote To assume divinity is to assume that there is separation from myself and universal oneness.
    Well, as long as this oneness is not your (i don't mean you personally) common experience, and probably neither the experience of others with a few exceptions here and there, probably it's not just an assumption but rather a limited state of awareness. And one precisely can assume about Divinity based on the experiences of those exceptions. Otherwise it wouldn't really occur to someone that such things exist.

Quote Divinity is also RELATIVE TO THE OBSERVER.. What is considered divine to one, will surely be considered normal to the 'divine'. There are no fixed points, no straight lines, only vast potentials animated by consciousness.
    If we assume that God exists regardless of what we think of Him it implies objective reality. And this objective reality is quite a fixed point despite infinite potentialities based on it, i don't see any contradictions here. And to see what this reality holds dear or rejects one needs to become one with it. Since we have different views of how to become one with it, surely enough we have different opinions on the matter.

As for snakes, i bring my apologies to the entire species. Probably i should say they are less flexible than human beings in terms of their moral choices. But it can be compensated with flexibility of their bodies ))

Quote I dare say that if we had never put spirituality on a divine pedestal,, perhaps we wouldn't have the problem with blind faith, that we do now. Divinity assumes a level of unattainability,,, I do NOT buy into it. It is ALL divine,, or none of it.
    As long as you assume that you will never become God in His all entirety, that a creation will never be equal to the Creator, i believe you shouldn't have any problems with the idea of hierarchy. But we can tap into our potential of being one with God as much as possible indeed. It's all about the means that bring us to this end.

Quote Part of what frustrates me is that a guy like me cannot talk about any of this really,,, Religion has claimed it all.... spirit/soul/divinity/sacred/holy/consciousness,,,, If I talk pragmatically to folks about my experiences,,, one way or the other,,,, religious folks get quite irritated,,, 'you're not jesus',, 'you're not a god',, 'your not a prophet',,, ie,,, it is RELIGION that has put all of this up on a pedestal... Not me... I am saying that it belongs equally to each of us... Christ is not a person, but a condition of the soul. Jesus was a person. So is Izheheruvim, so is Jake, so was Muhammad!! And each of us carry the same potential. No separation. No divinity. Only IS....
    Religion doesn't only describe spiritual reality but also gives a moral evaluation of it based on a spiritual revelation of such and such prophet. You admitted that you have no understanding of your experiences, that you are just "a common fool". It's not enough to provide guidance to someone, to be honest, and religion is essentially about moral guidance. Your frustration is a reaction towards general failure of religions to bring about the heaven on Earth. I'm quite unimpressed with religions the way they are and their historical baggage either. But you can't deny that they might hold some truth regardless of how it was misused. Sheer rejection and failure to see what religions have in common in terms of understanding of Divine principles would be also a deviation from the Central Path, in my opinion.

Anyways, i guess we came to the point when all arguments are exhausted, and people say to each other: "You follow your path, and i will follow mine". If we meet at the same destination together with snakes and all other creatures i will be glad, and we will laugh at this our discussion if we still remember it Good luck to you, brother!
    Last edited by Izheheruvim; 29th September 2013 at 13:37.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

1 flew over (1st October 2013), Akasha (29th September 2013), greybeard (29th September 2013), Jake (29th September 2013), learninglight (29th September 2013), mahalall (29th September 2013)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Amen Jake--all belief systems, concepts and at some point all teachers must be released.
    The teacher and the taught are the same.
    The God within you is the same as the God within me.
    Namaste---"I greet the God within you."

Chris
    And I greet the god within you. I humbly greet the god in You, Izheheruvim. BTW,,, I cannot put into words how much I am enjoying this discussion. You came along at a time when I needed to hear these words, Iz,, I do not believe in coincidence.

Cheers.
    Jake.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

1 flew over (1st October 2013), Akasha (29th September 2013), greybeard (29th September 2013), Izheheruvim (29th September 2013), learninglight (29th September 2013), mahalall (29th September 2013), Reinhard (1st October 2013)

19. Link to Post #90
    England Avalon Member learninglight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 times in 315 posts

Just want to jump in and say i'm enjoying this thread, thank you

sharon

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to learninglight For This Post:

Akasha (29th September 2013), greybeard (29th September 2013), Izheheruvim (29th September 2013), soleil (3rd October 2013)

21. Link to Post #91
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Maya

I was doing a home care for Rosie who was a Guru too, just not as recognized...

I caught a glimpse of a shapeshifter and went deeper to know more...

she incubated an ET for 3 days, and then woke thinking she had been at a party.

the ETs chose those who are gifted to mate with...

very long story, but this isn't the thread

22. Link to Post #92
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

Quote Posted by Izheheruvim (here)

I would like to emphasize innocence, with chastity being a part of it. For example, when prophet Muhammad was in doubts about his spiritual experiences and visions of the angel who would come and talk to him, his wife Hadidja suggested an experiment: next time they lie in bed and Muhammad sahib sees the angel, Hadidja would open the blanket and expose her nudity to him. And if he disappears, surely enough he must be a Divine messenger since feeling of shame coming from chastity could only come from someone Divine. And the angel disappeared indeed when she did that. So it was the case of a very deep intuitive understanding of Divine principles that, in my opinion, was coming from Self.
    But you or I can't really know why the angel went way. It may not have been ashamed. Maybe she had some kind of attitude like, "so, angel, ... what do you think of this? boo-ya" ..... and maybe it was her negative energy that sent the angel away. Maybe she was ugly. Like I say, we can't know for sure.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Akasha (29th September 2013), greybeard (30th September 2013), learninglight (29th September 2013)

24. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,123 times in 1,385 posts

Hi Izheheruvim.

Some brief responses to some of your points if I may.

Common sense can vary
    I think that common sense on the whole, by definition, does not vary because it is common to all who are sensible. It is what has been collectively recognized as sensible. It would only vary if some pockets of society where not as sensible as others and then they would not be practicing common sense but relative foolishness.

i adhere to a dualistic view
    I don't. I'll try and explain why. Folk often speak of light and darkness or love and fear but darkness is not the opposite of light. It doesn't consist of negatively charged photons. It is simply a lack of light. In a similar way, love does not have an opposite. Concepts such as fear or hate are simply symptoms of lack of love.

Regarding beliefs and their utility. Some beliefs can be quite useless indeed, even detrimental. But it doesn't apply to all cases. Some conditionings that people have can be benevolent for their spiritual progress.
    Beliefs are only benevolent if they are actually true. Once recognized as such, that belief is redefined as truth and gnosis ensues.

In the end, i'd like to share some ideas of the criteria to determine the genuineness of his or her spiritual path. It really comes down to very simple but very profound things: how innocent, joyful, peaceful, compassionate and knowledgeable one becomes as a result of all what he or she is doing. I believe it's very hard to disagree with that. I would like to emphasize innocence, with chastity being a part of it.
    I agree that innocence, joy, peace, compassion and knowledge are all outcomes of being on the path. The taking of sentient life for food always opposes those states.
    Last edited by Akasha; 29th September 2013 at 21:45.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

1 flew over (1st October 2013), greybeard (30th September 2013), learninglight (1st October 2013)

26. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

I guess we will come to some shared understanding where i wished to meet Jake, or where he wished to see me Everyone is welcome to agree or disagree and interpret my words in his or her own way. This is my understanding based on my knowledge and awareness at this point of time. Will see what happens

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

1 flew over (1st October 2013), Akasha (30th September 2013), greybeard (30th September 2013), Jake (30th September 2013), learninglight (1st October 2013), Orph (29th September 2013)

28. Link to Post #95
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Mantra Om Nama-shivia is one recommended for Kundalini.
    I do it every day with 108 beads.
    Its important to do it with love and without expectation.
    With it you are surrendering to the Love of God---it is devotional.
    I was recommended to do 21 repetitions three times daily.

Chris

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

gripreaper (2nd October 2013), Jake (1st October 2013), learninglight (1st October 2013), soleil (3rd October 2013), Wind (1st October 2013)

30. Link to Post #96
    United States Avalon Member 1 flew over's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear dear People

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread in its entirety. Some parts I agree with, some parts I do not understand. I will let what I have read simmer and would like to join into this discussion if it still exists when things have gelled a bit. It was a delight to see a willingness to express your viewpoints openly and communicate freely that is too seldom seen.

It seems as though I am getting ready to jump into the deep end of the swimming pool, where I know that I cannot touch.

Be Well
    1 Flew Over

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

Akasha (1st October 2013), greybeard (2nd October 2013), Izheheruvim (1st October 2013), Jake (1st October 2013), learninglight (1st October 2013), Sebastion (1st October 2013), soleil (3rd October 2013)

32. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

As far as i know mantras work most effectively once Kundalini shakti has been awakened, not before. A mantra to Shri Shiva would specially resonate with Anahat chakra or the center of heart. But for Anahat chakra to be properly established lower chakras, especially Mooladhara chakra, have to be in good shape. It's like building higher stories upon a firm foundation. Or, one can say that prior to worshiping Shri Shiva, or the fatherly aspect of God, one should first pay homage to Son, if not by taking mantra then by respecting the quality of innocence. And Hindu equivalent of Son would be Shri Ganesh who is associated with Mooladhara chakra.

Coming back to "vibratory awareness", one sensitive enough should able to feel how different mantras resonate with particular energy centers and channels. I am personally not so sensitive as yet but normally i have some emotional responses when taking a mantra and can feel a general increase in the flow of vibrations. Besides, i had a chance to interact with yogis whose sensitivity is quite advanced. So when they take Ganesh mantra, for example, they would feel some response in Mooladhara, etc.

Actually i had an interesting experience even with a psychic, a friend of my parents. She came over, and me and her were watching a concert. One of the performers was dancing Shri Ganesh dance, and she felt something was happening in the area of her Mooladhara, that is perineum, a sort of opening of the chakra. Probably it's needles to say that she didn't know who this dance was dedicated to and what was the expected response in the subtle system.

Last edited by Izheheruvim; 2nd October 2013 at 01:04.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

greybeard (2nd October 2013), gripreaper (2nd October 2013), learninglight (2nd October 2013)

34. Link to Post #98
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

My Kundalini Experiences ...
    1st 2 were at a spiritual retreat,while doing "dyads", energy started in base chakra and worked its way up, it feels like bubbles going up the middle of the body, I didnt feel it in the back, more in the front... As the energy rises up each chakra, the chakra is cleansed, and the effects are manifested...as it went to the solar plexus, I felt power, as it went to the heart, I felt immense Unconditional Pure Love (UPL), to the throat, and I was crying out "I AM", "I AM", I am God, I am all there is... to the 3rd eye, and I start to see that its all ME, I am everything that is, and so everyone/thing else... through the Crown Chakra, and its bliss, ecstacy, heaven, undescribable... (effect lasted for 1 -2 hours, before ego started to slowly creep back).
    3rd one - was at work, infront of all my work mates, it was like i was having an epileptic fit, until I screamed out "I surrender" before the energy finally went up to my crown, and then out...
    4th one - the same day at home after being sent home from work (after feeling sick again, I note that before the experience that day, I let a lot of SH** go, literally, it had to come out one way or the other, either through vommiting or diareah
    5th one - didnt go all the way, I was able to control it and keep it under control, just came spontaneously while in bed one night
    6th one - While visiting some family friends, and my Son was praying with us (muslim) it hit again... this time I had to high tail it out of there and into the car, where the process went pretty quickly... though again after, I was telling everyone how much i loved them, my family didnt know what was happening, and my sister in law even slapped me, but I was still telling her I loved her..
    7th one - Interestingly was just this year during a solar flare... again I was at work, but I was able to get to a quiet spot and calm it down....

I forgot one was on the train, crying and laughing at the same time, before telling me the person opposite me, we are all God...

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mitm For This Post:

Akasha (2nd October 2013), greybeard (2nd October 2013), gripreaper (2nd October 2013), learninglight (2nd October 2013)

36. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

Namaste

I guess now you won't be surprised if i say that i didn't feel the above experience as an awakening of Kundalini shakti )) Let's put it differently: what i feel as Kundalini within my limitations didn't show me this way. When i was reading it i was keeping attention in Sahasrara and my hands were stretched out to sense vibrations. I felt heaviness both in my Agiya and Sahasrara. Vibrations-wise i was feeling slight tinglings and warmth on my fingers (ideally it should be coolness). Emotionally i didn't feel particularly inspired. Mentally i was completely open and was ready to acknowledge everything that comes my way. Actually i'm always eager to acknowledge genuineness of others' experiences, i hope this won't be questioned. My reference point, as usual, was Shri Ramana Maharshi, and taking his name gave me a wave of inspiration, relaxed Agiya and Kundalini went to Sahasrara much easier, as usual.

Unfortunately, with the perception i have at the moment i won't be able to say more what exactly had happened to Mitm and what he felt as an awakening of Kundalini. But i can point out a few things that we feel differently. In case of Mitm the flow was rising more in the front and started from Mooladhara whereas in mine it's always about the back and sacrum bone as the starting point. So i would assume that in his case more "outward" energy meridians were activated. Also, i can't personally relate to bubbling sensation unless bubbles are very tiny. Also, nothing like epileptic fit would precede rising of my Kundalini or no strange things i would do as a result of her rising. I do feel love that is able to embrace all but it's not a sentimental love, and normally it won't bring tears to my eyes unless i experience really touching moments or come across real suffering. But what i feel is love and compassion, no doubt about it. Here my "cross-comparison" ends Peace
    Last edited by Izheheruvim; 2nd October 2013 at 17:59.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

Jake (2nd October 2013), learninglight (3rd October 2013), Mitm (7th October 2013)

38. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Just in case, one should always keep in mind those two my posts:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post735232

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post737048

I'm always open to accept a point that would more valid, truthful and all-encompassing. It's all about evidence presented. Love and peace

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

Jake (2nd October 2013), learninglight (3rd October 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 5 11 LastLast