+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 7 11 LastLast

Thread: The Kundalini Is The Holy Spirit! What Your Church Doesn't Want You To Know

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks

Default Re: The Kundalini Is The Holy Spirit! What Your Church Doesn't Want You To Know

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I think its very important to be open minded and in a surrendered state.
    Kundalini, being Divine intelligence, knows exactly what is best for each aspirant.
    There has been times when my sex drive was non existent and even if I mentally created a desire by force of will, no erection was forthcoming.
    There have been other times when just walking down the street a sexual though would come spontaneously to mind and up it would come effortlessly.
    Thankfully there was never an embarrassing situation caused by this.

Basically what Im suggesting is that you cant put Kundalini Shakti into a concept box----it does as it does in-spite of this self.
    God probably laughs at our concepts, rules and regulations.
    Chris
    Chris, in the universe there are both constants and variables if i am to use mathematical language. I believe that as the most important constant we can safely choose God. He cannot cease to exist, and He cannot alter the way He exists, i.e. being creative, compassionate or full of bliss, however wide we open our minds. Kundalini shakti is beyond our concepts since she is not a concept. But concepts can have a more or less accurate descriptions of reality, especially when we deal with rather fundamental things, with Kundalini shakti being among them.

I've become quite certain about the nature of Kundalini or what i am calling as "Kundalini", if you will. Based on my experience, observations and study of religious literature i concluded that Kundalini has some inherent qualities and is missing others. First of all, she is a living, responsive energy, and what she definitely has is purity, chastity, love, patience, forgiveness, intelligence, determination, all-in-one. What she doesn't possess is lust, greed, and malice. I personally have never had an experience when my Mooladhara chakra was sexually excited and my Kundalini was strongly up at the same time. This kind of excitement would always feel as warmth, and if i direct my attention to its source it may cool down, and after some time i would feel my Kundalini strongly again. I guess only when you have a similar experience you can differentiate between sexual energy and Kundalini shakti as well as understand how much they are far from each other and why i become rather adamant when people try to equate or somehow mix them. That's why i'd tried before to define what i understand as "Kundalini" and how other experiences fit or don't fit into this description.

I'll try to put it this way. In my understanding Kundalini is a living, intelligent and benevolent energy that cannot be misused somehow against her will, and her will would be based upon fundamental qualities i've pointed out. Sexual energy doesn't have any intelligence on its own since it works purely in automatic, instinctive way. For this energy it doesn't matter if it's used for a healthy sex or gang rape, so it's both blind and "dead" in a sense. And i'm really curious how this dead energy can be worked on in such a way that it gets transformed into something living and intelligent. Well, only evolutionists who do not recognize spiritual realm could agree to this possibility. To put it differently, why to transform sexual energy into something higher if there's already something higher without any transformation whatsoever, just patiently waiting to be triggered?

But it's my personal experience, knowledge and common sense. I presented them and not going to argue or convince anyone in their validity. And i will only agree to revise my experience if someone gives a more substantiated view that would map my experience into even a larger picture, along with all other experiences people might be having, will all confidence and expertise.

Peace
    Last edited by Izheheruvim; 17th October 2013 at 22:42.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

carriellbee (16th December 2013), greybeard (18th October 2013), Sunny-side-up (18th October 2013)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks

Default Re: The Kundalini Is The Holy Spirit! What Your Church Doesn't Want You To Know

Felt like sharing this poems of Kabir:

Burning, I found Ram's water:
    it cooled my flaming body. (Rest)

Though you go to forests
    to kill your ego -
    you will never find Bhagwan
    without this water.

Fire burned
    both gods and men -
    Ram's water saved
    His slaves.

Amidst this world's ocean
    is a pool of solace;
    though you drink from it forever,
    it never dries up.

Kabir says,
    "Praise Sarangpani;
    the water of Ram
    has quenched my thirst."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

greybeard (18th October 2013), Sunny-side-up (18th October 2013)

5. Link to Post #123
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Im not saying that sexual energy is Kundalini, all I know is that there are times when I have no available energy to do even mundane things.
    So my hope is that this energy is being used by Kundalini to transform the nervous system and neuron path ways in the brain. (Nadi)

Kundalini is not a concept but some thoughts about what she will or will not do are concepts.
    God and therefore Shakti is without limit.
    I read some where "If it took throwing you of a cliff to enlighten you, then your higher self would gladly do it" --------whatever it takes.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

carriellbee (16th December 2013), Sebastion (18th October 2013), Sunny-side-up (18th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #124
    Thanks

Im not saying that sexual energy is Kundalini, all I know is that there are times when I have no available energy to do even mundane things.
    So my hope is that this energy is being used by Kundalini to transform the nervous system and neuron path ways in the brain. (Nadi)
    Chris, what kind of energy used by Kundalini are you referring to? Sexual energy? Just to make it clear.

Kundalini is not a concept but some thoughts about what she will or will not do are concepts.
    God and therefore Shakti is without limit.
    "God and therefore Shakti is without limit" is also a concept And God, by the way, has a limit - He cannot die. Or, He cannot create a rock that He wouldn't be able to lift )) In sum, He cannot go beyond His own nature. I believe that a concept stops being just a concept when it's backed up with factual evidence, and i tried present whatever evidence i have.

I read some where "If it took throwing you of a cliff to enlighten you, then your higher self would gladly do it" --------whatever it takes.

Chris
    In this case enlightenment should be understood as "behavior modification" )) But if you understand it as Kundalini shakti uniting with Lord Shiva a much more delicate process should take place.

8. Link to Post #125
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Frankly I can only guess.
    There is an almost total drain on all my energy and that includes the ability to make love.
    So the guess is that energy is being used for some other function within the body.
    It quite a contrast between being full of physical energy and then for a few days very little.
    Im attempting to understand something in form when its beyond form and formless.

As for factual evidence--- that's for the intellect--- It can not be spoken of as far as God-Realisation goes.

I do agree its not behaviour modification particularly as there is not a "me" left.

Even the word God brings a concept with it --different from one person to another.

The words are redundant when there is even an intellectual understanding that only Self is---Only One Self-- One without a second.

I dont see that God has limits--- The sages say that God is Love but God has no attributes. God does not actually do anything.
    There is nothing separate from God, for God to do anything with--- Subject and object are one.
    Its beyond mind to grasp.
    We are trying to fit something beyond our limited understanding into a mind box.
    Having said that we do as best we can.
    All the knowledge of spirituality reduces to One Truth--- Only God is.

Chris

9. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Wind (18th October 2013)

10. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

Will see what happens. If all people or at least majority of people are able to awaken regardless of what they are doing and which values and ideas of Divinity they are sticking to, i will take back my words if i am going to witness that. As i said before to Jake, i'll just laugh at this discussion if i still remember it. But if somehow Awakening bogs down despite all the good intentions, probably it'll be due to the fact that certain conditions weren't observed and certain Divine principles weren't respected. I guess we can at least agree that there's too much unnecessary suffering going on and something should be radically changed. I personally try to advocate my views only because i see them as the means to remove suffering, and i have a certain amount of faith that it's possible to do. Probably my language is too precise and categorical while i'm expected to be more fuzzy and non-judgmental. But that's the way i am. I hope no one was offended or dispirited with my posts. It was nice to participate in this discussion. Good luck to all in all which is good!
    Last edited by Izheheruvim; 19th October 2013 at 00:52.

11. Link to Post #127
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dear Izheheruvim. I am not sure where you get the idea that its advocated here that people will spontaneously awaken without adhering to spiritual principals.
    Kundalini leads me to several spiritual techniques each day--- I have not gone looking for them--I just felt drawn to practice these.
    108 Om Nama-Shivia mantra-- The Gayatri-- and meditation.

The path of enlightenment is the most arduous task I have ever taken.

Each teacher will have ideas on spiritual principals and are appropriate to that path.

Ramesh Balsekar did say that "Every spiritual teacher is teaching a concept"

Knowing about it is not the same as being it.
    I knew a lot about various spiritual techniques but through time most drop away.

Ramana was perhaps the most clear and kept it simple.
    He knew all the complex Upanishads Vedas etc and said "If you see God as different or separate from your self then you will not realise Self." my words

His advice as Is Nasargadatta's "Know thy Self" "I am That" Any thought which says that you are different or in anyway separate from the Ultimate is unhelpful to say the least.

Chris

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

1 flew over (7th November 2013), Akasha (29th November 2013), Wind (18th October 2013)

13. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

Dear Chris, couple days ago i was given a book of Kabir's poetry that i am fascinated with.

One poem goes:

"Meditation and worship
    are my earrings,
    true concepts, my beggar's blanket..."

True concepts, or what we consider to be true concepts, or whether concepts can be true seem to be the stumbling block. You say we cannot put God or Kundalini into a concept. I say that we can describe them using concepts, or i should specify "true concepts". An implication of that is if someone is using untrue concepts or tries to avoid any concepts then he or she may go astray and be lost in maya. An implication of what you are saying is that any path will lead to God. We both are taking responsibility but yours seems to be much greater.
    Last edited by Izheheruvim; 19th October 2013 at 02:37.

14. Link to Post #129
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dear Izheheruvim.
    Krishna said "Even those who run in the wrong direction are mine"
    True not all spiritual paths lead to Realization.
    My path gets narrower and narrower
    I started daily Thirty years ago to seek Truth so yes I have been up some blind alleys===Neity Neity.
    K awakens though past merits--- so I must have got something right.
    The statement that "I dont do anything" is miss leading and assumes the listener has studied deeply and fully understands the expression "Right action"
    K leads you to complete surrender where you intuit that you are not the doer but God within is moving through you and right action occurs.
    Yet there is a degree of responsibility for the action. True concepts are very subtle and easily misunderstood.
    You cant go wrong with Self enquiry, prayer for knowledge of Gods will (Please God how may I serve you?) meditation.
    Spirituality being somewhat complex misunderstandings arise.
    Dr Hawkins and others said all belief systems concepts etc must be released but that is coming to the end of the process.
    Its not so much a path as You are already enlightened just not aware of it, its a process of the removal of obstacles.
    So in the beginning many tools may be required, then bit by bit these are discarded as they have done their job, eventually the silent mind.
    Ramana said "You cant tell the the amount of progress by the degree that the mind is silent."
    After a while there is no more chasing after answers or looking to confirm that one is correct. (Been there)
    In the still silence who is there to be right or wrong?

Chris

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

1 flew over (7th November 2013), Akasha (29th November 2013), bodhii71 (29th November 2013), Wind (19th October 2013)

16. Link to Post #130
    Thanks

Chris, are you in the still silence?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izheheruvim For This Post:

Akasha (29th November 2013), greybeard (20th October 2013)

18. Link to Post #131
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Izheheruvim (here)
    Chris, are you in the still silence?
    A lot of the time but im not enlightened.
    The mind is very quiet except when I require to think.
    Even when thoughts come they are relatively quiet and don't demand attention.
    Some times I slip and identify with the thoughts as mine then realise and step back into observing and witnessing.
    Its taken quite a long time ---the practice has been to observe without mental comment.
    I used to love to analyse -- the intellect was very busy figuring out.
    When a though arises I can ask the question "Who had that thought?" the answer is me, then the question is "Who is this me?"
    Who is asking these questions? Who needs to know? The answer is of course me.
    Now I don't need to know I don't have to be right and so on.

I do interact--- how else would I pass time in this world? ---
    Be in this world but not of it--was a quote attributed to Jesus also. Wear the world like a loose garment.

Since I made a commitment to God many things have just fallen away--what was once so dreadfully important is not so now.
    When the mind is silent life is seen differently.
    Every time the mind comments on what is observed one is drawn into the mind and memory one is no longer fully present enjoying the moment.

Chris

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

1 flew over (7th November 2013), Akasha (29th November 2013), bodhii71 (29th November 2013), Wind (19th October 2013)

20. Link to Post #132
    United States Avalon Member bodhii71's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 times in 230 posts

Does anyone know what video was posted in the OP? It seems the entire YouTube account has been "removed by user" Usually, this is because the content is actually of value. I am interested in learning more about the topic. Thanks!

21. Link to Post #133
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,123 times in 1,385 posts

Quote Posted by bodhii71 (here)
    Does anyone know what video was posted in the OP? It seems the entire YouTube account has been "removed by user" Usually, this is because the content is actually of value. I am interested in learning more about the topic. Thanks!
    The thread was started by TruthSeekah. His youtube channel is here. The channel is now called "Derek TruthSeekah Grosskurth". As far as I can remember (not very far) it used to be simply called "TruthSeekah". The OP video, an interview between him and a "liberal" biblical scholar, was on his previous "TruthSeekah" channel. It's not on his new channel.

Is it possible that as a christian, TruthSeekah finally concluded that according to his belief system, kundalini is in fact not the holy spirit, he'd been a very naughty boy and the best thing to do was to remove all evidence of ever suggesting such blasphemy?

It certainly would be ironic. C'mon, TS....what's the coo?

Cheers.

PS: Maybe one of the mod's can clarify why TruthSeekah's status is now "anonymous guest" as opposed to "TruthSeekah unsubscribed" or something similar to that.
    Last edited by Akasha; 29th November 2013 at 15:05.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

bodhii71 (1st December 2013), greybeard (29th November 2013)

23. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

I believe this video, albeit very long has some very good info in it in regards to the kundalini. The talk meanders into other related areas too, but well worth the time.This is actually the second interview hosted by Rick Archer. Buddha at the Gas Pump.

P.S. Thanks Akasha... sounds like it may have been a distraction anyway. Peace.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bodhii71 For This Post:

Shabd_Mystic (22nd December 2013)

25. Link to Post #135
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That is a truly amazing interview that you have posted here Bodhii71
    I must look for the first interview
    Thanks
    Chris

26. Link to Post #136
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,820 times in 776 posts

..........]
    Last edited by Kalamos; 23rd April 2014 at 10:05.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

greybeard (1st December 2013)

28. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

That is a truly amazing interview that you have posted here Bodhii71
    I must look for the first interview
    Thanks
    Chris
    Yes, it was complete syncroncity, I came across this video right after my visit to this page, without the intent of looking for anything Kundalini related. I believe there is great clarity spoken in that video and found myself watching twice.

Did a little research on IGOR KUFAYEV. I like it! I just wish I didn't have a list of distractions to go through. Maybe I drop everything spend a little time on his website. It's nice there. http://www.igorkufayev-vamadeva.com/#
    I have spent some time there as too, well worth the time.

The Buddha at the Gas Pump interviews are a wealth of real people with real experiences, I cannot recommend them enough if one is on the path.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bodhii71 For This Post:

greybeard (2nd December 2013), Ikarusion (10th February 2014), Kalamos (2nd December 2013)

30. Link to Post #138
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

31. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

I had not even heard the word Kundalini before the spontaneous awakening.
    I did yoga, meditation and was reading some spiritual books nothing intensive though.
    Hope this helps.

Chris
    Chris, I thought I was the only one who had never heard of Kundalini before a spontaneous awakening! The first time I heard the word was a couple of days after my own awakening when a friend said it after hearing my description of the experience. Not only had I not heard of Kundalini, but I had never even meditated or done yoga and was about as far away from spiritual (as defined by most) as it is possible to be. BUT, I had been unemployed for quite a while and so was using my time to research things I had questions about, to explore my creativity and most importantly, to reflect on my relationships at great length. When I finally stopped thinking about how others had wronged me and how unfair it all was and started to REALLY consider how MY words and actions were the cause of, or at least the prelude to, others' actions toward me. I began to see all of life as a symphony. I play my part and others play in harmony. I began to realize that I alone am responsible for my part. It was shortly after realizing this that my awakening occurred.

My spontaneous awakening/Kundalini/Holy Spirit experience came out of nowhere (or so it seemed at the time). It was not jolting or scary. It was amazing and I am grateful every single day that it happened. I made a post a couple of weeks ago about it, if anyone is interested.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carriellbee For This Post:

greybeard (13th December 2013), Ikarusion (10th February 2014), Wind (13th December 2013)

33. Link to Post #140
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Cariellbee we are indeed fortunate.
    K changes our perception, we can see our own mistaken thinking clearly, we can see and understand others points of view almost effortlessly,the neurons in the brain change, we literally become a different person.
    Because of change in attitude (more right brain too) life seems so much easier.

Best wishes
    Chris

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

1 flew over (16th December 2013), carriellbee (13th December 2013), Wind (13th December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 7 11 LastLast