Thread: Describe "Utopia." YOUR own vision, your own version of utopia

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Default Describe "Utopia." YOUR own vision, your own version of utopia

Describe "Utopia." YOUR own vision, your own version of utopian society. (I think we will find quite different versions, and it might even surprise us.)

Later, I want to tie this together with yet another thread, using this as a basis. I hope that as many as possible will ponder this for a little while (especially if you have never taken the time to do this), and will offer their own vision/version of utopia.

Please write your vision before you read other people's vision of utopia (and later, if reading others' visions does influence what you write, then add an additional post or mark a clear "{edit}" at the bottom of your post where you modify/expand.)

(in case you need help to get started)
    • What would utopia be like?
    • How would you spend your day today, next month, next year?
    • What would you expect your interactions with strangers to be like?
    • What (if anything) would you solely own and what (if anything) would have no ownership (either shared among all or be "off-limits"/preserved)
    • What would be done (if anything) for any sort of negativity or malevolent behavior that might arise in this utopian society (such as someone obsessively lusting over someone else's mate.)

Thanks in advance for your active participation.

Dennis

p.s. I'll write mine offline, then paste it in - but I'll wait for a few days...

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (14th August 2013), Anka (8th September 2020), Bill Ryan (16th August 2013), Bubu (14th August 2013), CD7 (14th August 2013), ceetee9 (14th August 2013), christian (17th August 2013), Christine (16th August 2013), Darla Ken Pearce (17th August 2013), donk (13th August 2013), Ellisa (15th August 2013), ElusiveHippo (23rd August 2013), Ernie Nemeth (16th August 2013), Fred Steeves (13th August 2013), ghostrider (14th August 2013), Heart-2-Heart (14th August 2013), jagman (13th August 2013), Joseph McAree (13th August 2013), karamba (14th August 2013), karelia (16th August 2013), Latti (13th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), Limor Wolf (17th August 2013), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), Peace4all (14th August 2013), Rosieposie (17th August 2013), seleka (25th November 2013), Sidney (19th August 2014), Sierra (15th August 2013), Soda (16th August 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), WhiteFeather (13th August 2013), Wind (14th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Default Re: Describe "Utopia." YOUR own vision, your own version of utopia

In my utopia, the concept of "ownership" is as foreign to the people as it was to the natives when the white man brought it to America....no one would want to own anything.

Interactions would be truthful. Negative = untrue, selfish. My utopia would only include beings that get their energy in service to others, anyone with the desire to put up images or lies, wanna be better than anyone else, covet things or people or control...these types would not feel welcome.

Free (& even not free) time would be spent sharing realities, and working toward understanding any conflicts. Emotional maturity would be the only requirement, and those that resist (your "negative") would be removed--only after all attempts to enlighten them to our way have failed--forcibly, if they required it.

Any force (or god-forbid violence) is taking responsibility for the shared reality. "Negative" beings are parasites/predators to my society and need to be dealt with accordingly. If they have the ability to reason, it should never come to that.
    Last edited by donk; 14th August 2013 at 13:47.

4. Link to Post #3
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Everyone in constant conscious communion,
    always 100% in tune with the highest, in total awe of and
    with ev'rythinggg seen for what it is - let it unfold from there.
    My utopia.
    Last edited by meeradas; 13th August 2013 at 21:46. Reason: -e+'+gg

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

CD7 (14th August 2013), Darla Ken Pearce (17th August 2013), jagman (13th August 2013), Jean-Marie (17th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), PurpleLama (13th August 2013), seleka (25th November 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), WhiteFeather (13th August 2013), Wind (14th August 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

My idea of Utopia. First of all what is a Utopia? If it's about idealic times of prosperity, then allow me to project.

All the oceans, rivers and streams in pristine clean and well plenished stocks of edible fish. Rolling lush lands of ecological genius, that restores the lands to fertile growable lands again. Fruit trees planted in urban areas, so no one goes without fruits throughout the day or night. Communities coming together and turning the arid properties into green self sustaining dome homes that are hard to be moved by tornadoes. Homes back far enough from the shore, to allow others to enjoy the water to swim, without private property signs, forbidding people from cooling off. I see vehicles that run on methane gas to burn it up, as it's seeping now from the ocean's floor bottom, because the oceans have warmed substantially. I see Colleges and Universities opening their doors to all who come, and professors welcoming all that would care to learn the latest in technology, history, science. History only to NOT repeat mistakes. Vehicles that fly, and arrive to destinations without burning a fossil fuel, but electro-magnetic energy fields produced by the engine. I see the masters walking among us to guide us, in repairing and advancing our world in peace. I see bartering between nations for exotic fruits, veggies, and herbs from different regions, and turning desert areas into oasis lands for growing or rearing sheep or goats or cows. I see the African Animals being corralled into various areas if they are dangerous, and fenced off from villages, yet have a water source that keeps them in the areas. I see many villages that had huts, being fitted with dome homes with cemented foundations, and waterproof windows, for the flood season when the waters are racing through them. An abundance of food, music, education, technology, friendship and peace. A sharing of caring and solutions between nations with volunteers, that will travel and teach. I would like to go to the continents where the soils are rotted out from over cropping and chemicals. I would set them right, with my soil rejuvenation recipe, and turn that foul soil, into sweet smelling black healthy earth for crops and farms.

I could do it now, but I would need the finances to do the composting 100 acres at a time and I would use the returning felons to teach, train them in it, so they always have a job, and get plenty of fresh air. The veggies and fruits or livestock can go to workers also to feed their families and during harvest time, all can come to reep life's bounty in every community. Hunger cured.

I see a connection to animals telepathicly, where man and beast as well as nature, can really understand one another, and the repercussions of decisions made behind boardroom doors in the past(learning from the greed mistakes). I see understanding of the full cycles & life of "ALL" plants, life, Earth, and humans finally doing the right thing, with the "POWERS THAT WERE" Permanantly removed from the good loving humans who care about everything they encounter in life, the Universe, The Heavens, and planetary exploration and Genesis ecological participation for having inhabitable atmospheres on other planets for life. There are no boundaries on how far you want to learn, so that the participation in something a soul loves to do for good, can be matched to the job.

I could go on, some of it, is in "Season of the Witnesses" that is on my desktop, waiting for me, to be able to afford Word program and go to Lulu publishing. God I hope it's before winter. Be a lovely book to curl up with during the holidays. Stephen King is my role model.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 13th August 2013 at 22:33.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Craig (15th August 2013), Dennis Leahy (14th August 2013), ElusiveHippo (23rd August 2013), jagman (13th August 2013), Jean-Marie (17th August 2013), karamba (14th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), seleka (25th November 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), WhiteFeather (13th August 2013), Wind (14th August 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,977 times in 5,652 posts

When the technology of man and the law of nature can successfully coexist as one without causing disharmony to each other, then this planet will become wonderfully balanced as it was prior. When i think of a Utopian Earth i think of Jacques Fresco's insight and vision with The Venus Project. This pretty much sums up Utopia on Earth for me. Yep Its time. Mother Earth needs a rest. But if all fails and we pretty much destroy ourselves as a species. Nature will still be here but we wont. Cause the planet has all the time to re-green and restore itself. Its time for Utopia on Earth. We have waited long enough.

"Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

CD7 (14th August 2013), Darla Ken Pearce (19th August 2013), Dennis Leahy (14th August 2013), jagman (13th August 2013), Lefty Dave (13th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), Wind (14th August 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,150 times in 501 posts

Greetings Dennis
    Personally ......Peace on earth and good will to all... would be utopia; we'd be too busy greeting and socializing ...for war and barbarities ...we could finally move forward again.
    Spiritually ... Utopia must be something like Havona, Heaven , et al, and this is beyond my visualization or comprehension
    Physically ....Utopia might be an existence wherein all life existed in its' highest state, lacking in nothing, succeeding in all desire.
    Blessings to all above posts for giving this thread life...seems like a neat idea !

end of line
    Last edited by Lefty Dave; 14th August 2013 at 00:57.
    If people can be made to believe absurdities, then they can be made to accept atrocities."

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lefty Dave For This Post:

CD7 (14th August 2013), Dennis Leahy (14th August 2013), jagman (14th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), seleka (25th November 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), WhiteFeather (14th August 2013), Wind (14th August 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

on my island, war , greed, and cars are not allowed ... we live in huts , built by the whole , each has their own with two acres inbetween ... sunset bonfire is required to share the days experiences ... we live on fruit and veggies grown by us ... fishing for meals is permitted every other day ... we have a five mile no planes , no ships without permission zone ... no electricity , no cell phones ... once a week a waterduck lands and brings small supplies as needed ... work for profit for the individual is outlawed ... it must be for the whole ... breaking one of the twelve commandments could result in banishment from the island ... if we cut a tree , we plant two ... watching the sunrise is quiet time , watching the sunset is manditory , and bonfire friendship is encouraged ... work is only done every other day, one hour of work gets two hours of nap time ... all work is stopped at noon ... nature and science study is highly encouraged ... we are working it out together , still have a long way to go, but we never get angry , greedy, or in a hurry , my gilligan's island , no politics, no leader, spiritual matters have total freedom of expression ... guns are forbidden, only what you can make with your own hands ... my island utopia ... tribal , simple , built around nature ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

CD7 (14th August 2013), Dennis Leahy (14th August 2013), jagman (14th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), seleka (25th November 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), WhiteFeather (14th August 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

PARADISE is built everywhere and not just in select places

FREE food and housing ALL over the globe

EVERYWHERE are planted eatable plants and trees...I mean everywhere

We are ALL cultivated to be who we are and not what society wants us to be

Ok this would be a great start
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (14th August 2013), Dennis Leahy (14th August 2013), Ivanhoe (15th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), meeradas (14th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), seleka (25th November 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), WhiteFeather (14th August 2013), Wind (14th August 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 times in 309 posts

IMHO
    Utopia in an all peacefull loving manor will never exist here, we are not high enough in the vibrational frequencies to be safe from a negative vibrational attack on such a Utopia.
    Utopia in an all enslaved "one king to rule them all" will ALSO never exist here, we are not low enough in the vibrational frequencies to be safe from a positive dispersal of such a Utopia.

My utopia is for everyone to stop trying to make heaven on earth or hell on earth, if you want those things go to those places, leave us to exist and experience and exchange all of our interactions with both positive and negative energies, as this is the only place where you can exist and experience both the positive and negative of it all simultaniously without having to change your core vibrational frequency to match that of the vibration of the plane/dimention/existance you are in. ( IMHO)
    Last edited by DouglasDanger; 14th August 2013 at 02:14.
    When living in a country with free thought, you'll find many do not feel the need to think.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DouglasDanger For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), WhiteFeather (14th August 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Thanks to all who have responded! You are all 100% correct! This is YOUR vision, not someone else's, so this is your opinion and that - of course - is always correct. Please feel free to declare YOUR vision.

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks!

Dennis

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

CD7 (14th August 2013), Darla Ken Pearce (19th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), seleka (25th November 2013), Soda (16th August 2013), WhiteFeather (14th August 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

I have often dreamed of living in a utopia, but sometimes I wonder if it's just a past life memory from another dimension? Anyways, it's really simple... At least to me.

There would be no need for learning through suffering, but instead we would learn by different ways of loving. Naturally no one would even remember what the word "war" means. There wouldn't be any dis-eases or if there were they would be healed just using certain kinds of energy healing so no one would ever have to suffer for a very long time.

There would be telepathy and we still would have our own minds and we might disagree about things, but there would always be some kind of consensus and there would never be any need for fighting, because it's a kindergarten thing on the cosmic scale. We would have once again learned how to shape matter through thoughts and that would ease everything and no one would be ever again forced to any mundane boring jobs.

Every human being would be doing what they love to do and only our imagination would be the limit. Humans would use incredibly large pyramids as global energy sources and the world would look so beautiful without the poisonous technology that we currently have. There would be natural lighting sources that automatically would dim when we would want to see the stars on the night sky. We could travel safely and quietly with small compact spaceships that would be controlled by using the mind. The world would be filled with lushness, colours and beauty. It would be in every sense a heaven on Earth.

The game of duality would have slowly faded out and we would have realised that we are indeed divine co-creators here on planet Earth. We would once again understand that we are God.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (8th September 2020), Dennis Leahy (14th August 2013), GloriousPoetry (15th August 2013), jagman (14th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), seleka (25th November 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), WhiteFeather (14th August 2013)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,845 times in 876 posts

I like what lots of people are mentioning but I am dubious of setting up Venus type master planned projects that turn people into mindless robots and prefer small communities where the people set up what works for that group. With enough interact between groups, each group could pick up and adopt ideas from each other. After all, that was always the appeal of visiting other cultures: learning from each other.

I would certainly select a group that avoids the jerk off noise of motorcycles, generators, lawn mowers, snow blowers, blasting stereos, jet planes, machine guns, etc. and prefers the sounds of nature.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), meeradas (18th August 2013), naste.de.lumina (14th August 2013), risveglio (25th November 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), WhiteFeather (14th August 2013), Wind (15th August 2013)

24. Link to Post #13
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Hello Dennis.
    Follow my collaboration for their study.
    That's my utopian vision for the Earth in general and simplistic (not my vision of paradise).
    Its structure social / economic would be based on Libertarian Anarchism.
    Individual freedom is the emphasis that society and not authority.
    The money does not exist. Everyone has their basic needs met. The work is not required.
    You accumulate credits to work on activities for the society.
    These credits will give materials privileges against people who do not wish to exercise community activities.
    You choose the area you want to work.
    Science is to improve the life of society.
    With everyone doing their best created plenty eliminates the need to accumulate.
    The nature and human development (health and spiritual) are priorities.
    Negativity measured by interfering with the free will of others.
    Negativity individual is treated with attempted rehabilitation.
    Failing that should be excluded from social life (until you find better alternative).
    The same concepts are used for any aliens that may eventually come visit us.

Hug.
    Last edited by naste.de.lumina; 14th August 2013 at 11:32.

25. Link to Post #14
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,735 times in 4,341 posts

I've talked about my own visions for utopia before on other threads, and I'll speak of them again here because it is such an important topic. Important in that thought, desire, intention can and does manifest in your reality. So let's start imagining, and make it happen!

To actually come to grips with the idea of a 'utopia' on earth, it is critical, first, to understand why we do not have it - in fact why we are a million miles from it – why the ‘reality’ that we have resists the reality that we seek. The mess we are in is entirely down to those who created it - the governments, the 'powers that be'. Do not think it is a mistake, either. Everything is done by, and with, design. Consider first of all, religion.

The spiritual scales of 'awareness', for Humanity at this time, are tilted towards the largely 'ignorant'. The greater majority of the world's population are total novices in this regard. But they are not purposefully narrow-minded. It is not their fault. It's the fault of all religious institutions. For 2,000 years churches have failed to properly administer the teachings that they were charged to communicate, and instil. The masses are merely victims (as we all are in one way or another) of an 'aspiritual' system. So many are oppressed or left in want. Trying to survive, pay the bills, feed their children from one day to the next, has become the predominant occupation.

For so many there is hardly the time available in today’s manic society to turn their thoughts to the mysteries of spirituality, to 'God', this 'external force' that may or may not even be there (in their minds). And for all that they have been taught by religion this is a force to fear, or at least revere, for they are unworthy of it. The religious institutions that are in place to instruct, teach, inspire, and spread love, are at best stale, antiquated, and steeped so much in ‘tradition’, that they have become more like 'businesses', commercial enterprises. At worst, thoroughly self-serving, and corrupt. Small wonder then that so many do not turn to God, for the spiritual establishments on earth are completely untrustworthy, as well as totally inadequate and distorted, for they have been manipulated from the beginning.

This is one of the stratagems of those 'Powers that Be' again, which sponsor and license these institutions. And it is exactly how they want things to be; it is exactly why they even ‘allow’ religion in the first place. Because it serves the function they want. These authorities do not want an ethical, peaceful, and spiritually aware population to preside over, for how then would they sustain their agenda to oppress us, enslave us, keep us in fear; how then, if we all knew God, loved God, and loved each other, could they possibly justify their ridiculous wars?

On the macro-scale, religion, in various shapes and organizations, was set up to fail from the start. At some point along the path the ‘true way’ was knowingly infiltrated. It has been distorted by ego, and suppressed by materialism… The blame lies with the ruling elite and their social engineering, on capitalism, governments, and monarchies - on all of the above: these Powers that Be.

So for Utopia to arrive, I still think that the greater majority of us – which are still good, honest, hard-working people, need first an introduction to the reality of their Divine nature and the spiritual forces in the world – in the universe. The bigger picture. But this will never happen, not for the ignorant masses of which I speak, unless every single political, social and religious institution is torn down, gutted out, and thoroughly reformed. At least in how they currently function. Sorry if that sounds a tad radical, because I know such establishments are cherished by so many. But if they are not, the next 2,000 years will not be any different than the last 2,000. Oppression. Fear. Violence. War. Everything needs to change, or there will be no end to it.

Now let us turn to the authorities, to ‘government’, those that pull the strings of power. Any potential Utopia rests with them. They are the ones who make things happen (or not happen), so they play the critical role in formulating social, political, and economic policy for our paradigm, as well as basically setting an example for us all. Unfortunately, with the way that things are at present, those in power or who seek power, are afflicted by a particularly virulent disease, from the beginning of their careers to the end (because the system is set up to engender that, and feed off that). I speak of 'ambition'.

‘Ambition’ is the mechanism by which these governing people are lifted to their lofty heights. It’s what propelled them to where they are. First and foremost their ambition was, and is, to elevate/enhance their own personal self, situation and ego (and bank account). To exert power and dominion from above, rather than suffer under it from below. Any initial ideal that they may have had in the beginning to benefit the rest of humanity is swiftly forgotten as they are sucked further and further into the trap. It is said that power corrupts (absolute power corrupting absolutely). It is so true. For behold, we see the result of what has been created by this ‘faulty system’: governments with materialists, hedonists and egomaniacs at their heart.

Governments who care nothing for actual peace or prosperity (war is more profitable), and strive only to maintain the status quo, the world paradigm, driven with a hard, metallic, military/industrial heartbeat, a very unfair market economy, and their carefully crafted hierarchical pyramid of power. And ’God’… only as a token point of interest, a control mechanism for the little people (us) to fall back on. Spiritual progression means nothing to them, because, let's speak the truth here, there is not a senior, influential, political man or women in the world - exerting actual power over us from a high seat of authority - who actually, truly holds spirituality in their hearts. *Ego/Ambition* and *God*, are as oil and water. They cannot exist together in the same space. That is the root of all our troubles.

The hierarchical pyramid of power I mentioned… So many do not realise it, but the pyramids of ancient times are still being built for the Pharaohs. Khufu, Rameses, etc, they are all long gone, but only in name. They have merely been replaced. The all-seeing eye shines still brightly at the apex of the pyramid, and us slaves still toil at the bottom to hold the whole thing up. The old order, the old empires, they did not perish. They endure, with a new name and in a new guise, hiding behind a veil of ‘political correctness’, which holds that we live in a free, evolved, and democratic system. We do not.

Many do not see this, do not recognise this. They have been hoodwinked into believing that all is just and well with the ‘system’, and those above us are doing their best. The ancient tenets of the Roman Empire dictates: "the people anxiously hope for just two things: bread and circuses", and “give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt”. We get our bread, today a borderline minimum wage for a long week of labour at the base of the pyramid, and we get our diversions/circuses: Pop idol/X-Factor, the nightly trash that fills our television screens. And even though so many exist in want, in debt, living only from paycheck to paycheck, they are actually made to feel lucky, lucky! They forget to question, and they forget to revolt, or just to think “hey, there can be a better way”. They stay asleep, they forget to love, and they forget God. They are swayed into believing that the only God that matters is green, square, and made to sit snugly in their wallet.

As I said, the godless who rule over us is the root of everything that’s messed up in the world. People have been lured into a false sense of gratitude for all that they have, and that they are ‘in good hands’. They do not understand that they are an under-class, that free energy and hidden technologies could feed the hungry, relieve the sick, liberate us all from financial bondage, and completely transform this world. Because of religious distortion and segregation they are made to forget the notion of Unity, that we are All One, and that we are all beautiful, powerful, Divine Beings incarnate in the flesh, and that our potential is limited only by our imagination.

They do not know that we could all live in harmony, peace, and love, together and as one, in a world determined not by pure profit but by love - that innovation and the free distribution of repressed sciences and technologies could give us all free power, free food, free water, free everything, and that to pay our way and keep civilization going our 5 day working week need only be a 3 day week, or a 2 or a 1; that the power structures of the world could not only be transparent, but symmetrical, meaning a role in government and authority should be rotational - dealt out equally to us all to participate in, which conversely could go hand in hand with occasional humble, unskilled work as well, for us all, so that egos are kept in balance and no one individual or individuals hold permanent monopolies of power.

With such a system in place across industry and the market place; with technology handling the brunt of menial tasks, our free-time would be tripled, quadrupled, or more. Perhaps 10 months of the year would be our own to pursue our personal interests, to better ourselves – to better humanity, to forge closer bonds to our fellow human beings and to clean up this planet, and perhaps most of all, to attend to spiritual studies, and to grow closer to God, and our friends out there in the Universe that are waiting for us to climb out of the spiritual crib in which we've been confined. This is the Utopia I speak of, and think about, and pray for. This is the Utopia that could be… in fact just the beginning of Utopia, merely the beginning foundation for what could be a marvellous and incredible future 'out there', for Humankind.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Carmen (16th August 2013), Christine (17th August 2013), Dennis Leahy (15th August 2013), karamba (14th August 2013), Lefty Dave (14th August 2013), WhiteFeather (14th August 2013), Wind (14th August 2013)

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,977 times in 5,652 posts

I often pondered thoughts and have heard ET visitation story's by abductees, that our advanced civilized celestial friends live this way on a daily basis collectively. Re: Alex Colliers mention of The Andromedan's and The Law of Consistency,,,excerpt below. Perhaps someday, Earth will exist as such. I can envision this.

By Alex Collier: The Andromedan people teach their children everything. The oldest and the wisest are the teachers, and hold nothing back from their children. Those with the most experience teach others what they know. This is called by them the Law of Consistency. They know that their children are their legacy. They don’t “dumb them down” like the educational system here does. They would never ever think to do that, because they are proud of their lineage and their heritage.

Everything that they create technologically is used for the advancement of their race. It is for educational purposes only. But, it can be used in defense. No, they do not have a military, per se, they are scientists. What they do is send their children to school anywhere from 150 to 200 years, in our linear time.

They teach their students all of the arts and sciences. They are literally masters at everything. Then, at that point, they have the choice in what it is they want to do, and they can change their minds anytime and do something else. So, they are given all the tools. Everything is for education. Nothing is for distraction. They would never conceive of creating television as a distraction. Never.

Everything is to help them evolve, and their science and their technology can be used for defensive purposes — mostly the holographic stuff.

The most significant feature of the Andromedans is that they are instrumental in the Andromeda Council which is a grouping of approximately 140 star systems who deliberate upon Earth.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th August 2013), GloriousPoetry (15th August 2013)

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

It would consist of a multi-verse filled with loving, caring, compassionate, sharing, responsible, non-controlling, non-judgmental, non-possessive, free-spirited, benevolent, sentient beings.

There would be no rulers, governments, classes, money, borders, division, wars, violence, or hatred and there would be only one guiding principle or Prime Directive: Do No Harm. (Of course, if we had a multi-verse filled with beings as stated above, this would be obvious and not even needed to be stated.)

This Utopia would enable everyone to go wherever they wanted, whenever they wanted, and to do whatever they desired to do within the bounds of the guiding principle. This implies that everyone has a responsibility to help take care of themselves and each other. If there is a shortage of resources (e.g., food, water, or shelter) everyone’s first obligation is to contribute in whatever way they can to help provide those resources (i.e., do no harm is not just applicable to direct actions, but inactions as well).

To help ensure that all people have an adequate understanding of their options in life and their responsibilities to themselves and others, everyone would be educated to a level that provided them with a good understanding of the world and their role in it. During this time they would be evaluated for their strengths and weaknesses and guided (not forced) in directions that would help them to decide what role(s) they would like to pursue for optimum happiness, expression, and benefit to society. Once they are able to make this informed decision on their own they may choose to continue their education in whatever direction and to whatever level they desire, or they may opt to end their education and begin contributing to society in whatever capacity their educational level afforded them.

Although the Earth has a finite amount of land and resources that belong to it and not mankind, we live on Earth and require a certain amount of those resources to survive. Consequently, those resources must be monitored and managed with care and compassion for all life that requires them. People would no longer “own” their land, but would have “use of” the land as long as they live or desire to live on the land. Large parcels of land would only be available to farmers and other entities that require large amounts of land as long as it benefits all.

Since there would be no money businesses would no longer function for profit, but for producing useful products and services for society and the environment. Therefore, focus would be redirected toward producing the highest quality, longest lasting, best products and services possible. Intellect would be freed from pursuing greedy, self-centered, environmentally destructive purposes to pursuing benevolent, altruistic and environmentally responsible purposes.

There is so much to discuss on this topic that it would take volumes to adequately address it so I think I will just close by answering Dennis’ questions:

1. What would utopia be like?
    It would be Heaven on Earth. I think my opening statement sums it up pretty well.

2. How would you spend your day today, next month, next year?
    I would spend the time I wasn’t contributing to society writing music, playing with as many musicians as I could, exploring my many scientific, paranormal, and UFO interests, exploring the planet and its cultures (and others if I was able), and, of course, enjoying time with family and friends.

3. What would you expect your interactions with strangers to be like?
    Like meeting an old friend that I hadn’t seen in a long time.

4. What (if anything) would you solely own and what (if anything) would have no ownership (either shared among all or be "off-limits"/preserved)?
    I would own nothing, but have the use of many things that provided a comfortable, fulfilling, and peaceful existence for my family and myself.

5. What would be done (if anything) for any sort of negativity or malevolent behavior that might arise in this utopian society (such as someone obsessively lusting over someone else's mate.)
    It would depend on the malevolent behavior. If someone committed cold-blooded murder, they would be given the choice of having that trait removed from their brain (assuming that could be done) or they would be banished to an isolated area with their own kind and take their chances at survival.
    If they lusted after my mate and my mate reciprocated, I would hope that I could overcome the “possessive” mentality that we’ve been programmed to have and be happy that another found my mate attractive and could make her happy. Barring that, I’d have to cut off his … just kidding.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th August 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), Wind (15th August 2013)

31. Link to Post #17
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

No properties no boundaries no limit no fear no police no government no control no rules no sorrow no questions

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    • What would utopia be like?
    • How would you spend your day today, next month, next year?
    • What would you expect your interactions with strangers to be like?
    • What (if anything) would you solely own and what (if anything) would have no ownership (either shared among all or be "off-limits"/preserved)
    • What would be done (if anything) for any sort of negativity or malevolent behavior that might arise in this utopian society (such as someone obsessively lusting over someone else's mate.)

Thanks in advance for your active participation.

Dennis

p.s. I'll write mine offline, then paste it in - but I'll wait for a few days...

I am a fan of jackie fresco

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th August 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

My utopia is like my home world. See, on my home world long, long ago was discovered that the vast majority of women would rather make love than war. Strangely, my home world became dominated by the female species. In fact, before I was exiled, the ratio was about 10,000 women to one man. In fact, all the men (like me) lived on an island. It was quite a lovely island as we experienced a constant influx of "Man Island Adventure Vacationers" (yes, the females from my home world) who would visit and well, uhummm... enjoy the wild life on our lovely Man island. Most of the guys were happy with this for their entire lives and well, no one ever tried to escape until I did. My sentence was to be banned to Earth and here I am stuck in some lousy reincarnative loop.

I miss my home, my utopia... but at least I was able to discover Colombia!

Just being honest and well, someone asked. (Please, don't ban me!)
    Last edited by Chester; 17th August 2013 at 17:37.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th August 2013), Mark (15th August 2013), meeradas (15th August 2013), risveglio (25th November 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

to be free of the meat suit and attain form of pure energy, go anywhere at any when and to know the feelings of pure love and contentment.

simple really!

[edit] or when I used to come home from work and my baby daughter was excited to see me and made me feel that the day was actually worth it instead of the cool indifference of the teenage years
    Last edited by Craig; 15th August 2013 at 09:28. Reason: Update

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th August 2013), Soda (16th August 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013), Wind (15th August 2013)

37. Link to Post #20
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

My Utopia would have one rule, and that is---- Treat others as you would like them to treat you. This would allow for a lot of variation to cater for all ideas--- but within the frame-work of not upsetting or harming others. Surely we all want to be treated fairly and without coercion or disparagement, as otherwise we would be treated "as we treated others".

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Craig (15th August 2013), Dennis Leahy (15th August 2013), grannyfranny100 (16th August 2013), Soda (16th August 2013), TelosianEmbrace (22nd August 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast