+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Icon O’clasm- My Video

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 times in 817 posts

Default Introducing Icon O’clasm- My Video

I have mentioned a few times that I was making a video and finally got round to finishing it up. Although I am still thinking there are things I need to change and add, but there comes a time when you just have to throw it out there.

I did not set out with any agenda with this video although you could argue it does have a message. I’m not trying to convince you of any ultimate truth, that the world is going to end next Thursday or that we are about to launch a golden age. It just documents ideas that came into my head while I was working on an artwork which hopefully can inspire reflection in others and lead to productive discussion and debate.

In my experience, engaging in creative activities can offer access to areas of the mind less accessible with other actions and this video is related to drawing and painting but of course we can get creative with many undertakings even those typically seen as chores, for example DIY, Cooking and cleaning can be very creative.

Some artists will envision an image and then realise this, staying true to the original vision and this is great but my personal creative process likes an image to evolve, a fluid balance between planning and spontaneity, meaning and randomness. It becomes like conversation with your unconscious. Nothing is concrete or set in stone until I feel it is finished and even then I may return and change it.

Over the years there have been many synchronicities, where my inner creative explorations connect with the external world. I wanted to create this video to try and encapsulate this relationship between my inner vision and its connections with the manifestations of the external world.

There are times during creativity when the mind is empty, channelled into the process of creativity but at other times it inspires thought where one finds connections and meaning with your work.

In this particular image I originally just wanted to capture the energy of a girl dancing but this evolved (in my head at least) to become symbolic of the dance of life, the universe and indeed everything (Infinity).

I jump multi-disciplines, in both art and science, some may find interest in some and less in others and vice versa, but I wanted to show that there is a relationship and interconnectedness between them, that we can piece together some of the fragments and hope to achieve some kind of wholeness. A holistic approach to reality.

Many years ago I went to a talk by a Native American Shaman and he began by throwing a traditional indigenous pot, hard against the ground. It shattered into many pieces and then he angrily declared,

“This is what was done to my culture by the European settlers.”

He was pretty fearsome but his face softened and he began to smile before going on to add,

“ we are now trying to put the pieces together.”

Being an artist and art lover I’m not into destroying works of art but one of the Artist names I go under is Icon O’clasm which can be related to the Iconoclasts of the 12th century ,who did exactly that.

They believed that God cannot be expressed with an image and that it was a sin to even attempt this so they destroyed any picture or sculpture that tried to do this.

They may have a point but they have missed another that it is not so much the image but the energy and feeling it evokes. Most artist don’t really believe that they are creating a true likeness, it is a work of devotion. Anyone who has ever been in the presence of great devotional works will have felt the tremendous energy they evoke.

I love the Hindu phrase to describe the illusionary nature of the material world
    “smoke of a distant fire”.

Spiritual artists are well aware of the Veil of illusion that we are living under, that they are merely forming images with smoke (and mirrors!). But they endeavour to mould the smoke to attempt to get us somewhere nearer to the fire of reality, a kind of bridge or window through the veil.

At the beginning of the video I talk of an art movement called Cubism that can be related to iconoclasm as it takes an image or icon and then breaks it up. But like the shaman, and unlike the iconoclasts they then put the pieces back together. Although in such a way that we can perhaps more deeply understand the underlying nature of the icon.

The best way to get to understand the machine is to take it apart and put it back together again. Likewise with an image or an icon that represents a reality it can be rewarding to do the same.

Anyway onto the video, the background music is part of another project I have been working on with a great musician, which I think adds some nice atmosphere.
    Anyway I hope you can take the time to watch it and that you get something out of it.

Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 7th September 2013 at 16:38.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

AutumnW (8th September 2013), Billy (7th September 2013), CD7 (10th September 2013), Curt (9th November 2013), dianna (8th September 2013), Flash (10th November 2013), heyokah (7th September 2013), Krist (9th November 2013), learninglight (8th September 2013), lookbeyond (7th September 2013), meeradas (7th September 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th December 2013), onawah (7th September 2013), Pilgrim (9th November 2013), Rollo (7th September 2013), Sgt-Bones (7th September 2013), shijo (8th September 2013), spiritguide (7th September 2013), sunflower (7th September 2013), Sunny-side-up (7th September 2013), TargeT (7th September 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (7th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Introducing Icon O’clasm- My Video

I have been looking at the video Target posted about the Number 9 Code and Vortex Based Maths which was fascinating and worth a look.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...tex-Based-Math

Anyway I don't talk much numbers in relation to this video, although I did have some thoughts which I shall share now. The seraphim which I talk about in the video have 6 wings which can be related to the 6 points of the Merkaba, seen to symbolise the as above so below.

I do mention the 8 is heaven gate and infinity on its side, which is interesting in relation to my art work because it flows into the circle which has tremendous associations with nine.

This is a very interesting page on numbers and meaning of which I take this from
    Quote Spiritually eight is the goal of the initiate, having gone through the seven stages. Eight is Infinity - Paradise regained.

Eight is solidarity as the first cube and it denotes perfection by virtue of it's six surfaces. There are eight winds and intermediate directions of space. Eight represents the pairs of opposites. The octagon is the beginning of the transformation of the square into a circle and vice versa.
    That is what I find so interesting about numbers and language as they actually are representative of energy, which of course flows (if it is allowed to!) especially the older languages such as Sanskrit and Hebrew. Not only on a symbolic level, also the vibrations as they are spoken.
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 8th September 2013 at 00:08.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

learninglight (8th September 2013), lookbeyond (7th September 2013), Mark (7th September 2013), Pilgrim (9th November 2013), Sgt-Bones (7th September 2013), sunflower (7th September 2013), TargeT (7th September 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,543 times in 20,693 posts

Very nice!
    I meditate a lot on the themes of movement, flow, spirituality, symbology, mandalas, etc. while creating my own art in the form of collages.
    It's the feelings that are expressed and invoked that are of the essence--there can be an energy created that is very dimensional--more than the sum of the parts of each piece.
    You might find my work of interest; if you haven't seen my webpages, go to:
    http://www.spiritualwomen.org/collective1.php
    I use images from other artists and photographers so I cannot market the collages, but I enjoy making them nevertheless.
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (7th September 2013), learninglight (8th September 2013), lookbeyond (7th September 2013), sunflower (7th September 2013), TargeT (7th September 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

I like the painting and your observations, the video was good as it followed your thoughts on the paintings creation, the only (hopefully constructive) criticism I would give is that the audio of the narrator was inconsistent, a re-record perhaps at even level would be nice, other than that it's a very finished piece with some interesting observations.

I immediately saw this (also based on the magic of 9's from that video, and some quotes from Tesla)

18 visible faces (a 9)
    15 bottom snake portions (a 6)
    and three dancers (3)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3-6-9.jpg
Views:	1526
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	22721

"If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe." Nikola Tesla
    Last edited by TargeT; 7th September 2013 at 17:11.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (7th September 2013), learninglight (8th September 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I like the painting and your observations, the video was good as it followed your thoughts on the paintings creation, the only (hopefully constructive) criticism I would give is that the audio of the narrator was inconsistent, a re-record perhaps at even level would be nice, other than that it's a very finished piece with some interesting observations.

I immediately saw this (also based on the magic of 9's from that video, and some quotes from Tesla)

18 visible faces (a 9)
    15 bottom snake portions (a 6)
    and three dancers (3)
    Attachment 22721

"If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe." Nikola Tesla
    Yes it does sound like the narration is coming from a different place some times and that is because it is. The narrator and I are kind of busy and we just did it here and there when we both had time. I actually kind of liked it though, for instance when she is talking about the witch burnings it almost sounds more abrasive which I felt added expression. I sometimes think mistakes can tell you things. The main thing is though is that you can understand it all the way through, well I hope so. Narration can bring in so many problems, with synching and sound quality that is why many of the videos you see on Youtube use text instead of narration.

I have no illusions that it is broadcast quality or anything, but saying that I do want to approach it like a craft with a bit of polish and enjoy exploring the YouTube medium, I like the whole homemade aesthetic.

I love the Tesla quote and your analyses and I am going to research this further. At the end I actually talk about the 3 central figures and then I go into the Merkaba, symbolism which has 6 points and the circle is related to the number nine.

If Tesla says something, we should pay attention

Of course numbers are really significant within the tarot, combined with symbolism, and although they have individual symbolism it is as relevant the Juxtaposition with other symbols and numbers.

I really feel we live in fortunate times as far as access to information, although of course we have to wade through the disinfo, a bit like sieving for gold or diamonds, but the spiritual rather than material

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Curt (9th November 2013), Krist (9th November 2013), learninglight (8th September 2013), lookbeyond (7th September 2013), Pilgrim (9th November 2013), TargeT (8th September 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 times in 370 posts

Thank you , very creative and informative . I liked your video very much .

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (7th September 2013), learninglight (8th September 2013), TargeT (8th September 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

I commented on your channel
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (7th September 2013), learninglight (8th September 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,543 times in 20,693 posts

There is a thread here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...awings-artwork
    with a lot of artwork from Avalonians, where you might also want to post your video, Dorjezigzag.
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (7th September 2013), learninglight (8th September 2013), TargeT (8th September 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shadowstalker (here)
    I commented on your channel
    Thanks for the generous comment Shadowstalker and also everyone else, I am going to check your channel out later, looking forward to it, Isn't it great that we can all self broadcast nowadays

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

learninglight (8th September 2013), TargeT (8th September 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Thank you so much for posting this video. There's so much food for thought here. For what it's worth-- one of the 'symptoms' of autism is spinning--also a fixation on whirling fans. I wonder if these movements are an attempt to self-soothe, or if there is something deeper and fundamentally spiritual in nature going on. Are autistic people, who tend to hyper-focus on a narrow slice of reality, attempting to twirl themselves into a more expanded state of being?

You have done marvelous work here. The video is exemplary. I will pass it around to my friends and family!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

CD7 (11th September 2013), Dorjezigzag (8th September 2013), learninglight (8th September 2013), TargeT (8th September 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Thank you so much for posting this video. There's so much food for thought here. For what it's worth-- one of the 'symptoms' of autism is spinning--also a fixation on whirling fans. I wonder if these movements are an attempt to self-soothe, or if there is something deeper and fundamentally spiritual in nature going on. Are autistic people, who tend to hyper-focus on a narrow slice of reality, attempting to twirl themselves into a more expanded state of being?

You have done marvelous work here. The video is exemplary. I will pass it around to my friends and family!
    Wow, Thanks for the info on autism,

I have noticed young children in general, as they are very spontaneous, love to spin around in circles, mine used to always do it all the time
    Dogs love to chase their tails as well, my friend had a blind dog and she would spend ages spinning around like a whirling dervish

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

TargeT (8th September 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)
    Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)

Wow, Thanks for the info on autism,

I have noticed young children in general, as they are very spontaneous, love to spin around in circles, mine used to always do it all the time
    Dogs love to chase their tails as well, my friend had a blind dog and she would spend ages spinning around like a whirling dervish
    Dogs chasing their tails are hilarious! And kids twirling? Twirling is the gateway drug--forget marijuana!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (8th September 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote I did not set out with any agenda with this video although you could argue it does have a message. I’m not trying to convince you of any ultimate truth, that the world is going to end next Thursday or that we are about to launch a golden age. It just documents ideas that came into my head while I was working on an artwork which hopefully can inspire reflection in others and lead to productive discussion and debate.

Wow thanks for posting the video dorjezigzag...

One of the main visions ive ever had were of three enormous beings dancing in the sky...so this thread/vid was of particular interest to me. It was nice to hear different information regarding myths of these type of sky dancers. Ive searched the internet for any information regarding links to these visions ive had since about 2005, but only have come across hindu gods as being anything similar--but not really! Most of the time there are three of them and other times only one.

Ive mentioned this many times before in the abyss of threads gone by...there is NOTHING to compare with what ive visualized. These enormous beings from the horizon to the top of the sky are literally geometry in motion. The most complex geometric designs you could think of brought to life in motion with three beings also while spinning batons....

I have many times thought of the hindu images of gods with multiple arms and such as depicting motion and it seemed to be the closest association to my visions that I could find? However the beauty couldn't compare to the depictions of these hindu gods or any other lofty beings we have here!

So this was very interesting as it piggy backs off of an interest of mine for some time now. Thanks for the thread!
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (8th September 2013), meeradas (9th October 2013), TargeT (8th September 2013)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Just giving you a bump, so more people will watch your video.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (8th September 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Thanks CD7 for that, I am very intrigued by your vision.

Interestingly when I was nearly finished the painting in the video and had just been working on it, I attended a meditation session that uses sound, called Oasis of sound.

Anyway the lady that runs it, makes all these sounds and also she comes around with a Tibetan singing bowl and actually either puts it on your solar plexus or heart and runs the stick around the rim of the bowl. As well as hearing the sound vibration you feel the vibration in your body.

Anyway I had this sudden rush of what could only called immense joy and my painting came to life in front of me, it then multiplied and there were many surrounding me and they were singing the most beautiful music. It sounds corny but it felt I was in the presence of a choir of angels, or maybe Dakinis. Like your vision, no image or music could ever encapsulate it

I guess this is part of the reason that I have made the video and that I am keen to share it and it makes it all worthwhile when I hear stories like your one.
    Can you give me any more information about your vision, did it just come out of the blue, did you fell it had any message?
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 8th September 2013 at 22:54.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

CD7 (9th September 2013), Pilgrim (9th November 2013), TargeT (10th September 2013)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Thanks CD7 for that, I am very intrigued by your vision.

Interestingly when I was nearly finished the painting in the video and had just been working on it, I attended a meditation session that uses sound, called Oasis of sound.

Anyway the lady that runs it, makes all these sounds and also she comes around with a Tibetan singing bowl and actually either puts it on your solar plexus or heart and runs the stick around the rim of the bowl. As well as hearing the sound vibration you feel the vibration in your body.

Anyway I had this sudden rush of what could only called immense joy and my painting came to life in front of me, it then multiplied and there were many surrounding me and they were singing the most beautiful music. It sounds corny but it felt I was in the presence of a choir of angels, or maybe Dakinis. Like your vision, no image or music could ever encapsulate it

I guess this is part of the reason that I have made the video and that I am keen to share it and it makes it all worthwhile when I hear stories like your one.
    Can you give me any more information about your vision, did it just come out of the blue, did you fell it had any message?

Yes doing meditation with bowls/vibration is very powerful...

Oh boy....my vision started during a reiki session. I don't know how others do reiki but our group would have one person on a table surrounded with reiki practitioners or newbies. Which has been the most powerful reiki experiences ive had--nothing compared to it since. It cultivated a lot!

I had been doing reiki for some time and the more I did, the more sensitive I became to energy as well as more and more heightened visions...which stands to reason--work it like a muscle it grows

This particular time during reiki I went into a deep place and saw an enormous beautiful female in red in movement (thought your painting was interesting as she was in red too)
    ---the observation of the vision was different--hard to explain but almost like I was viewing as a small being on the side of her giant body? Similar if someone were to travel up to mount rushmore and hover next to one of those giant heads in the mountain.
    In any event, these visions became three enormous beings that began to be something I would observe not only in reiki, it infiltrated my normal life as well. Meaning while I was driving I started seeing the visions in front of me--in my third eye? It became common while I was outside to see this. I suppose it added to the enormousness of it because it would literally be from the horizon to the top of the sky---three perfectly in sync spinning beings moving in complex geometric patterns----jaw dropping---
    What is special to me about these visions is that most times I FELT along with it, meaning I felt the spin and the power of the spin---inside. Sometimes it would shake me to the core-in a good way

About 2005 is when it started and went on for a certain number of years and I would notice certain times of the year...it would be stronger. In the beginning it was always three and then at times it would switch to one being. I tell you at times the sheer beauty would bring me to tears and the strength like I said, jaw dropping. And not strength like im big and powerful----just SHEER MAGNETICS in motion of UNKNOWN proportions.

I still can see these type visions, but its not the same...things are different now. I couldn't tell u what the difference is? Perhaps because I am not in the reiki group anymore as it has broken up for a number of years and my mentor has passed on--the one I really grew close to during the groups. It could also be related to the changing energies/atmosphere. I have been experiencing things so differently now...im still trying to grasp what it is as the way I feel when I observe is different these days!

Did I feel it had any messages?

Well ofcourse I searched for what the visions may represent or if they've been brought up before in our stories...or such a being/beings existed?

Nothing was ever said in words....so a part of what I received from it was a vision here on earth of something not referenced AT ALL. Nothing to compare, relate to...IT has simply made what I see in our world of being/entity depictions ridiculous! Almost as if ALL our depictions were HIGHLY watered down versions of the real--almost SATIRICAL--a joke---SUPERMAN LOL!! Angels LOL!

Also I felt it was transforming the world/atmosphere for the better, and not really referring to outer atmosphere I suppose it would be more metaphysical

Other then this...it is only ideas of what it is. I absolutely adored the visions and would want so desperately for what I saw/see to be real in this dimension of sight

I like to keep aware of logic / fantasy and try to keep both in check-----I can fantasize until the cows come home, but until it becomes intrinsically linked and shown to be of significant import to us/earth, I wont assume anything. But I do know there is something special underneath the surface of it all

Im glad you had this experience...I have also been trying to find other "new agers"--people who meditate (no labels here) who have experienced the same thing..but they always seemed to get the usual version---angels/guides/animal totems. Oh by the way there are no wings on these beings--skydancers. Theres absolutely no need when there potential for movement would quite frankly be hampered down by wings!! But they always spin batons..

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (10th September 2013), Krist (9th November 2013), meeradas (9th October 2013), Pilgrim (9th November 2013), TargeT (10th September 2013)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote There are no wings on these beings--skydancers. There’s absolutely no need when there potential for movement would quite frankly be hampered down by wings!! But they always spin batons.
    Interesting

As I said in the video I originally was just going to express someone in dance but put in a sense of movement by putting multiple images of the same person at various stages of the dance. As I was doing this I noticed patterns appearing which I then began to associate with symbols, the wings went on as I was relating it to the caduceus.

These symbols are more metaphorical, for instance many people also relate the caduceus with Kundalini energy, which it seems has 2(or 3) snakes of energy that raise up and down the spine, but we don’t really believe there are snakes that are travelling up and down the spine.
    The wings can be seen as metaphors as well, the rising of the spirit from the body such as astral travel, or some people actually believe that physical flight could be possible, but more through magnetism, anti gravity and spinning vortices than through flapping wings which is why I found your spinning batons intriguing. Below is a picture of someone spinning fire batons which I think is very illustrative of the energy I am talking of.

A famous Vision that I did not talk about in the video although I touched on it with the seraphim is that of Ezekiel.

Quote Ezekiel 1: 4-21

"Then I looked, and behold, a whirlwind was coming out of the north, a great cloud with raging fire engulfing itself; and brightness was all around it and radiating out of its midst like the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. [ This is what I saw! ]
    Also from within it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance:
    they had the likeness of a man. Each one had four faces, and each one had four wings.

The creatures did not turn when they went, but each one went straight forward. As for the likeness of their faces, each had the face of a man; each of the four had the face of a lion on the right side, each of the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and each of the four had the face of an eagle. Thus were their faces. ...... And each one went straight forward; they went wherever the spirit wanted to go, and they did not turn when they went.

Now as I looked at the living creatures, behold, a wheel was on the earth beside each living creature with its four faces. The appearance of the wheels and their workings was, as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel. When they moved, they went toward any one of four directions; they did not turn aside when they went. When the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. Wherever the spirit wanted to go, they went, because there the spirit went; and the wheels were lifted together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When those went, these went; when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels."

Many people have related these visions to UFO’s, which is very interesting but I would suggest we could go the other way as well, that perhaps some sightings of UFOs are skydancers, people or entities that are in a certain state of consciousness.

I think your approach to your visions is really good, keeping your feet on the ground.

I always remember a comment by Osho, when he said some people when in meditation will experience various celestials and have many profound experiences and you should enjoy and consider them but don’t put too much significance on them or become obsessive as there is a danger of becoming to inflated and self important, believing that you are special or something, which will set you back rather than help you on your spiritual journey.

We live in a world that trys to deny the magical reality that exists and so when things do happen it can be too much to handle, we just need to appreciate it is entirely expected and is the way of the world
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 11th September 2013 at 23:47.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Curt (9th November 2013), Krist (9th November 2013), learninglight (9th November 2013), Pilgrim (9th November 2013), TargeT (11th September 2013)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

We live in a world that trys to deny the magical reality that exists and so when things do happen it can be too much to handle, we just need to appreciate it is entirely expected and is the way of the world
    if it were just "deny the magical reality that exists " I think it might be better.

No they do much worse, they build expectation, they build up this thought construct that magic has to be some huge dramatic and very material (explosions or what ever...) movies and TV show us that magic is such a huge dramatic thing that we will easily over look the reality in front of us because it isn't "big" enough.

to me, electricity, magnetism and gravity are magic... we don't even understand what they are (though it's implied that we do).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

CD7 (11th September 2013), Dorjezigzag (11th September 2013), Krist (9th November 2013), learninglight (9th November 2013)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote to me, electricity, magnetism and gravity are magic... we don't even understand what they are (though it's implied that we do)
    “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
    ― Arthur C. Clarke, Profiles of the Future: An Inquiry Into the Limits of the Possible

“The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious - the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.”
    ― Albert Einstein

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

CD7 (11th September 2013)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Now as I looked at the living creatures, behold, a wheel was on the earth beside each living creature with its four faces. The appearance of the wheels and their workings was, as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel. When they moved, they went toward any one of four directions; they did not turn aside when they went. When the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. Wherever the spirit wanted to go, they went, because there the spirit went; and the wheels were lifted together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When those went, these went; when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up together with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels."

wow

Tht is awesome....thanks so much for posting...

Ive read revelations/daniel but its been a very long time...
    I remember this passage and thinking what the heck is he describing?! Not thinking this is directly related to what ive experienced but to have some text that even remotely comes close to what I am trying to convey is nice. Like I said ive been looking for pieces of anything similar. That image with the man in a fire ball circle is reminiscent of apart of what its like...but also imagine the beings within the circles also spinning themselves. Its not chaotic--its the most in sync harmonious dance ive ever witnessed

Hummmm wonder what words may have been twisted, taken out--removed/added in the bible version?! It could very well even be translated completely different...

Gosh thanks again--you make my heart go pitter patter

40. The Following User Says Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (11th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast