+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dopplegangers

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,847 times in 715 posts

Default Dopplegangers

This strange phenomena has happened to me several times, but only since moving to Canada -- a person will spot me, come right up to me and say "hi, how are you, how is it going" etc., start talking to me like I am some other person they have previously interacted with at various locations in the city

Has anyone else experienced this??

Doppelgangers: Do You Have a Double Somewhere?

Quote Has anyone ever said to you, “Gee, you look familiar?” even though you just met? Or perhaps you’ve been told that you look just like someone else they know. They say we all have a double somewhere. The term for this is doppelganger. According to ancient folklore, doppelgangers are harbingers of evil or bad luck. But for most of us doppelgangers are just a curious paranormal phenomenon. Is it possible that you have a double somewhere?

What Is a Doppelganger?

The word doppelganger comes from German and is translated as “double walker.” It means a look alike or double. It can refer to actual living person or a spirit or ghost. Many cultures consider doppelgangers to be bad omens. They can do evil and ruin the reputation of the person they resemble. Seeing a double of a friend or relative can indicate that the person is gravely ill or in some kind of danger. Finally, coming face to face with your own doppelganger is considered an indication of impending death according to some.

They say we all have a double somewhere. The term for this is doppelganger.

Often people make lighthearted fun of this concept and try to match themselves up with celebrity lookalikes and claim to have found their doppelganger.

The Various Views and Explanations

Some view the doppelganger phenomenon as just a simple case of people that resemble each other and nothing more. After all, twins and relatives resemble each other, which is both common and expected.

Then there is the scientific view of the doppelganger effect. There is a portion of the brain called the temporoparietal junction that has to do with thinking processes related to distinguishing the self from others. Electrically stimulating this area can result in out of body experiences and the doppelganger effect. You will feel a presence outside of yourself often mirroring your actions and appearance.

Finally there is the metaphysical view. The concept of bilocation has existed since ancient times. Mystics and sages were often seen in two places at once. Many yogis were able to achieve this feat where their presence was seen and felt in one place while they remained secluded in meditation somewhere else.

Considering that we are all made up of energy, couldn’t it be possible to send an energetic imprint of yourself anywhere in the world? After all we are multidimensional beings. Chances are we posses the same powers and abilities as the adepts, but we just don’t know how to use them yet. Could a doppelganger just be a bioenergetics hologram?

Meeting Up with Yourself

So what if you do have a double somewhere in the world? How would that make you feel knowing that there is another “you” out there? Would you be curious to meet up with him or her? Or would your rather run the other way? Think of all the questions you might have for your double. It could be quite a mind-blowing experience! Whether or not your double exists, the idea is definitely food for thought.

Regardless of what you think about the doppelganger effect, it serves as a good spiritual metaphor. We should all meet up with ourselves by going within. The objective is not to find your doppelganger, but rather your true nature and higher self. Connect with your core being and find out who you really are. Do you behave certain ways because it’s expected or because it’s in alignment with your true self? Do you feel like you’re living a double life? If so, then in a way you are like a doppelganger. Strive for unity—be the real you.

Doppelgangers are an interesting phenomenon and you may truly have a double somewhere, but maybe the real lesson is to understand that you are eternal, multidimensional and limitless!
    http://www.psychicsuniverse.com/arti...ble-somewhere#

2. Link to Post #2
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,882 times in 3,181 posts

Default Re: Dopplegangers

i seem to have several

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

dianna (19th September 2013), giovonni (19th September 2013), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Spiral of Light's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 times in 163 posts

Yes! It has happened to me several times.

I actually had one person argue with me when I told him he was mistaken about my identity.... because he insisted that I was someone else. A very strange experience.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiral of Light For This Post:

dianna (19th September 2013), giovonni (19th September 2013), Jake (19th September 2013), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Mark (20th September 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

I used to Truck, coast to coast, and have had many do that to me. Even had some, sit down to dinner with me. cc

And, I have seen many that looked exactly like some good friends of mine, but were a thousand miles from where I knew that they were. I have even talked with people that I really thought were friends, and they just turned and walked away like I was some kinda nut. cc.

I believe there are only 140 molds for people and they just keep stampin them out and sendin them to different parts of the country, and then when you change location, you find some of yourself somewhere. ccc
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

dianna (19th September 2013), giovonni (19th September 2013), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Vitalux (19th September 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

my other is down in the southern hemisphere ... at least i believe so ...

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Years ago my GF called and was upset. "You told my you were going to your mother's house to work on plumbing"!!! I told her that I did just that. She said that she saw me driving through downtown. No, I said again, I was at mom's house all day. "You lie, I saw you in your black car"! Well, I wasn't going to win that argument, so we agreed to disagree. A few weeks later I picked her up and drove toward the cafe. At a red light I looked over and saw MYSELF driving MY car! I told her to look quickly at the guy in the next lane. She about fainted. It was me. The guy looked just like me and was driving a car exactly like mine. I tried to make eye contact, but he never looked over. She apologized profusely and we had great makeup sex. So, yes, I believe everyone has a doppleganger!
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

dianna (20th September 2013), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Nasu (11th February 2023)

11. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 times in 356 posts

Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    I believe there are only 140 molds for people and they just keep stampin them out and sendin them to different parts of the country, and then when you change location, you find some of yourself somewhere. ccc
    Yes, I think there are molds. I pretty often experience meeting someone who looks and behaves alot like somebody else I´ve met.Sometimes they even have the same name.

I have a very unusual combination of names, but apparenty there is another woman with the same names, living in the same country, who has taken the same healing course I did.....although we don´t look alike ( I had to google her )

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swan For This Post:

dianna (20th September 2013), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023)

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,488 times in 2,851 posts

I've had these experiences also. Being military-associated for half my life, moving all over, invariably people would come up and talk to me as if they knew me. As with others, they would be so surprised to find out I was not who they thought I was. Hasn't happened in a while. Can't say I miss that feeling of displacement it causes though.

I have not seen much on this lately except in some videos about super-soldiers, but there has been a stream of thought in the alternative community that I remember learning about in the late 90s to the effect that many of us are cloned, I think I read there are 7 copies of us all over the world. Sirdipswitch's postulate is even more amazing.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

dianna (20th September 2013), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Nasu (11th February 2023)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,371 times in 924 posts

Seeing double: spitting-image strangers discover science behind doppelgängers -The strange case of doppelgängers. These strangers don't know each other, but what they have in common is bizarre. Matt Doran meets these surprising lookalikes and discovers they have more in common than just their appearance. This story originally aired on August 18, 2019.-

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Nasu (11th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2023)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,372 times in 1,408 posts

I saw a video once of a man being spoken to on camera about an earthquake telling the news how long they felt it only it was all in some foreign language. I forget now which one but I want to say Iceland or Finland because it was not a language I could understand at all or speak. But everyone watching including myself recognized that the man speaking could pass for my identical twin brother. I was once mistaken for Rutger Hauer in a mall by a couple, neither of which would accept that I was not Rutger. I have to confess that at the time I did not even know who Rutger Hauer was. I remember it well because we went to the mall in Tulsa to the Eddie Bauer store which we loved at the time. We left early because that couple simply would not leave us alone. I had to go home after that and look up Rutger. Can't say I saw it in that case and he was like 8 or more years older than me. Those are the only two that I recall.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

gini (11th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Nasu (11th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2023)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,371 times in 924 posts

Its a fascinating phenomena !..A friend of me spotted a doppleganger of me in one of the anti-covid policy protests in Amsterdam and showed me the video, it was really a bit spooky because he looked like me 15 years younger orso ,with blond dreadlocks exactly in the style i had it,his way of moving was pretty similar too, and the most uncanny to me was the type of alibaba trouser with a nuance of olivegreen -the kind not much western man wear -is exactly the type and colour i usully wear..I just couldnt comprehend it ,and it made me feel perplexed..

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Hym (3rd April 2024), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Seeclearly (11th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2023)

21. Link to Post #12
    England Avalon Member Seeclearly's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 times in 234 posts

Quote Posted by gini (here)
    Its a fascinating phenomena !..A friend of me spotted a doppleganger of me in one of the anti-covid policy protests in Amsterdam and showed me the video, it was really a bit spooky because he looked like me 15 years younger orso ,with blond dreadlocks exactly in the style i had it,his way of moving was pretty similar too, and the most uncanny to me was the type of alibaba trouser with a nuance of olivegreen -the kind not much western man wear -is exactly the type and colour i usully wear..I just couldnt comprehend it ,and it made me feel perplexed..
    About 30 years ago I saw my doppelganger also in Amsterdam. He too had the same clothes & walk as me , identical ! I wonder if he was a thoughtform or tulpa ?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seeclearly For This Post:

gini (11th February 2023), Hym (3rd April 2024), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2023), wondering (3rd April 2024)

23. Link to Post #13
    England Avalon Member Seeclearly's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 times in 234 posts

People who accidentally found their doppelgängers in museums - a thread 🧵
    Cor blimey ...the first one ! 😲

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seeclearly For This Post:

gini (3rd April 2024), Hym (3rd April 2024), Nasu (4th April 2024), Vangelo (3rd April 2024), wondering (3rd April 2024)

+ Reply to Thread