that I have repeatedly written about
    it. I suspected vaccinations as a cause of
    autism more than 15 years ago when I
    first started seeing the disorder. Most
    cases had a history of mental changes that
    began within days to weeks of getting the
    MMR vaccine (for measles, mumps and
    rubella). Of course, the pundits and their
    pediatricians said there was no connection.
    Then Dr. Andrew Wakefield, a gastroenterologist
    published his findings in 1998. Prof. John O’Leary, a pathologist,
    published his findings in 1998. They
    found live rubella virus in the intestines
    of kids with autism. Do you think rubella
    virus should be alive, well, and thriving in
    and inflaming your intestines? Well,
    today’s technology makes the diagnosis
    even more specific.
    A team of researchers at Wake Forest
    University School of Medicine in North
    Carolina has found the vaccine strain
    itself (not the wild virus that we got as
    kids) in autistic kids. It was found in 85%
    of intestinal samples taken from the guts
    of children with regressive autism. And
    just as this information is making news,
    you can count on opposition from “authorities.”
    The British Department of Health
    reiterated that MMR is safe.
    I must tell you that I hurt really badly
    when I see a case of autism. First, I know
    that it didn’t have to happen. Next, it’s a
    problem that will be with that person for
    the next 75 years or however long he or
    she lives. Not only will that child’s life be
    stolen from him, but he will have to be
    supported at someone’s expense all that
    time. The parents will suffer most. You,
    the taxpayer, may suffer next.
    There’s plenty you can do about it.
    First, no vaccines for you, of any kind!
    We’ve gone over that many times in these
    pages. Next, get this particular information
    to anyone of childbearing years, especially
    your family. I’ve never had the
    chance to treat measles or rubella. But I
    consider the results I’ve had with oxidation
    therapy and IV vitamin C in infections
    in children. I’ve seen acute mono
    vanish in mere days with ozone therapy.
    Treating any of the usual childhood diseases
    will certainly be a cakewalk to trying
    to repair a ravaged brain with wires
    all crossed after the fact. And yes, I’ve
    treated mumps with ozone therapy when
    I was in Alaska.
    The medical mob is NOT going to stop
    vaccinations and end the autism epidemic.
    There’s just too much vested financial interest. And do you think they could ever
    admit that they were wrong? It’s up to us to
    stop the carnage to our beloved youngsters.
    We owe it to them and to society. They carry
    a 1:150 risk of contracting the infectious disease
    of autism and a much higher chance of
    getting its milder cousin ADD/hyperactivity.
    We have to stop the madness!
    Ref: “U.S. scientists back autism link to MMR,”
    AAPS, May 30, 2006; Beezy Marsh and Sally Beck,
    Telegraph.co.uk May 28, 2006. http://www.telegraph.
    co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/05/28/
    wmmr28.xm.

Sorry about the way it copied over to the forum.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Chanlo23 (20th February 2014), chocolate (11th February 2014), Sierra (14th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th January 2014), william r sanford72 (27th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Re: Autism

Thank you, conk!

Did you know you can sometimes catch measles from changing baby diapers, if the baby was recently vaccinated?
    It's possible.

Please also check out the MTHFR folate-related mutation and these parents discussing the dangers of vaccinating a child carrying a folate abnormality:

http://mthfr.net/forums/topic/mthfr-...ntraindicated/

March 7, 2012 at 3:42 am #1239

Emily
    Dr. Ben –

Do you know of any research that you can point me to in regards to MTHFR and vaccines/immunizations. I know it is a stretch considering how little information on this is out there mainstream. I know it generally is thought of as being not advisable in those with MTHFR and my gut tells me not to do it, but I’m having trouble presenting our case to the pediatrician. Our pediatrician outright stated tonight that vaccines are not contraindicated in folks with MTHFR (and PANDAS, our sons other condition). My concern is his ability to detoxify heavy metals and methylation issues (due to MTHFR, Homozygeous C677T) and his compromised immune system/autoimmunity issues (due to PANDAS). Both issues scream to me that vaccines would not be advisable but he stated that neither condition are contraindicated for his upcoming 4 yr vaccines. Urgently looking to see if I can find any studies that might suggest otherwise to send to him. It sounds as though he may be open to testing his antibody titer levels to the vaccines to get an indication of his current level of protection. I plan on pushing for this to help guide the discussion but I’m not sure it will do much to resolve the disagreement. I’m in need of more supporting documentation from sources that he may respect, but I’ll take any research I can get.

Thank you,
    Emily

March 11, 2012 at 6:23 am #1297

Lisa
    I saw your post and had to respond. I do not have the studies on this topic. I was researching this very topic when I came across your post. But what struck me is that you feel you have to argue and plead your case in how you raise your child. This is YOUR child. The function of a pediatrician is not to stand over you, like a boss, and order you how to raise your child. These decisons are yours to make, not the doctor’s. If your doctor leaves you having to argue with him or her, then you should find a different doctor. Doctors like this will cross the line in many areas. They have God-complexes. You do not need someone who thinks they are your boss, being hired by you. You are the customer. YOU are paying the doctor, not the other way around. The doctor works for you, not the other way around. You are the one who is accountable for what happens to your child. If your child gets sick or ends up with permanent damage from these shots, you cannot run back to the doctor and expect him to be accountable. You are the one your child has to watch out for him, not your doctor. Don’t let some doctor push you around. Remember, YOU pay the doctor to work for you, not the other way around.

March 16, 2012 at 12:29 am #1346

Katie
    We have the MTHFR and PANDAS. Our immunologist and our holistic medicine doc said NO VACCINES at least until we get the immune system rectified. You have NOTHING to lose by waiting. Our DAN doc said that vaccines today are not even vaccinating against diseases as they present today. In hindsight, I wish I had not given them in the past. The HINI flu vaccine is what sent my kids over the edge two years ago. I say proceed with caution……you can always add them in later but you won;t be able to undo it if they have a bad reaction. Of course, you know what the situation is better than anyone.

March 16, 2012 at 2:58 pm #1351

Beverly Hennager
    You can change doctors. I was told by a person with an autistic son (that she was sure was caused from vaccinations) that you can order shots without the mercury, and space them far apart. But if it were me, I would not even chance that without expert opinion from someone like Ben. Trust your gut instincts.

p.s. women who serve in the military are almost 3 times as likely to have a child with birth defects. I really noticed some of my health problems when I was in the military. Then again it might have been Coca Cola's fault, too.

We got like... God knows how many vaccines in one day at basic training?

Now I get to try to raise an autistic child while I have chronic fatigue @_@

And VA doesn't consider us "veterans" if we didn't go overseas at least 24 months.

But your health can end in one day.

4. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.brainbalancecenters.com/2...tect-movement/

Kids With Autism Detect Movement Twice As Fast As Other Kids
    Home » Blog » Articles » Kids With Autism Detect Movement Twice As Fast As Other Kids

Kids with autism can detect simple movements twice as fast as kids who don’t have the disorder according to new research from the University of Vanderbilt and the University of Rochester. This information may help explain why people with autism are uncomfortable in certain environments, particularly crowded or bustling ones. A recent NPR article about the results of the study states the following:

“One can think of autism as a brain impairment, but another way to view autism is as a condition where the balance between different brain processes is impaired,” says Duje Tadin, a co-author of the study out this week in the Journal of Neuroscience. “That imbalance could lead to functional impairments, and it often does, but it can also result in enhancements.”
    To read more about how researchers quantified this substantial movement perception difference in people with autism, click here. This study lends further support to Dr. Robert Melillo’s theory of Functional Disconnection as it applies to neuro-developmental disorders in children. A well functioning brain communicates between both hemispheres and within each hemisphere at lightning speed. These communications are like runners in a relay race: They connect, pass information, and release, repeating this process millions of times a minute. In a poorly functioning brain, these “runners” are often out of sync, missing each other or passing on only partial information. At Brain Balance, we call this miscommunication Functional Disconnection Syndrome, and our program works by improving or correcting this underlying communication issue.

Once we understand the uniqueness and severity of your child’s challenges through our Comprehensive Assessment, we then custom design physical, sensory-motor, and cognitive activity plans to establish proper neural connections and improve rhythm and timing. As brain communication improves, symptoms of learning and developmental disorders are reduced or eliminated. We also offer nutritional guidelines and dietary support for a whole-child approach to improving behavior and functioning. Our proprietary, non-medical program has helped thousands of kids reach their physical, social, behavioral, and academic potential. We work with children who exhibit symptoms of ADHD, Dyslexia, Tourette’s, Asperger’s, and Autism Spectrum Disorders. Contact us today to learn more!

http://www.omniintelligencer.com/Aut...the-Brain.html

Tuesday, January 14, 2014
    Home > Autism > Information > Processing Speed of the Brain

Follow us on Twitter
    Processing Speed of the Brain
    Written by Paul Novak | PDF Print E-mail

There are dozens of research papers and anecdotal stories about the relationship between learning difficulties and brain processing speed. For example: the commercially available program Fast ForWord was developed in 1996 by a team of neuroscientists at the University of California to improve the reading levels of remedial students. The program exercises ran for one hour per day, five days per week for eight weeks – 40 hours of therapy training. At the end of the 40 hours all of the students were reading from 1 ½ to 2 grade level higher than when the started the program.

After purchasing a copy of the program (for $1,000) and trying to put my daughter through the exercises I quickly realized that this program was far beyond the comprehension of a 5 or 6 year old. The next thing that I discovered was that the exercises had nothing to do with teaching reading skills. There were no phonics exercises, word recognition exercises or comprehension training tests. All of the exercises involved focus, attention and processing speed of the brain. After 40 hours, just about everyone showed noticeable improvement in their reading speed and comprehension. As a side note some parents reported to the neuroscientists at the University of California that after completing the program their child had been cured of their dyslexia or their autistic child showed improved social skills.

When I asked one of these scientists “Why aren’t you marketing this program as a possible cure for dyslexia or autism?”, their response was “We don’t know why it works”.

My response to him was, “Mom doesn’t care why”. 14 years later and they still don’t know why it works.

The more convincing research was done at the University of Missouri where a researcher was able to predict with 92.5% accuracy which children as young as 2 years were autistic. His test was objective, passive and very simple. He placed the child in a darkened room, turned on a bright light and measured the time that it took for his pupils to constrict. (No explanation was given as to how long was too long) but his accuracy was impressive.) When you consider that the function of the pupils adjusting to changes in light levels is an involuntary reaction of the brain and can be considered a measure of its processing speed, the relationship and importance of brain processing speed cannot be ignored.

If computer games and exercises can improve reading skills, cure dyslexia and affect social behavior of autistic children simply by increasing the processing speed of the brain, then this therapy should be tailored for every age level and administered routinely.

When I could not find any “Brain Game” type programs that were suitable for a 4 year old, I decided that my only option was to develop my own program. I experimented with flash cards to determine what stimulus worked best. When I found that a picture of a dog or a cat was easily recognized every time, I moved to computerize my idea. I hired a computer programmer to develop the program to my design specifications. And after several hours of trial and error testing we finalized STIMBRAIN.

The program uses three similar but different exercises to measure the brain’s processing speed both in relation to reaction time and cognitive time. The fourth exercise is specifically designed to use focus and concentration to increase the processing speed of the brain by flashing images of a dog or cat onto the display at a steadily faster rate. The beauty of this program is that it records and displays the child’s performance for each exercise and the parent or teacher can easily see improvement in each area over time. Measurable results are critical to maintaining interest and enthusiasm.

STIMBRAIN is available at: www.YourChildsBrain.com at a modest price.

I use the example of going to a health club to build muscles. After many hours of strenuous muscle exercises, if a person does not see noticeable improvement in his body, he will quickly lose interest and eventually stop going to the club. However, the brain responds more quickly to stimulus and exercise. After as little as 40 hours of exercise you will see noticeable and measurable improvement. A small sacrifice to make for a lifetime of benefits.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013...-detect-motion

Kids With Autism Quick To Detect Motion
    by LYDIA ZURAW
    May 10, 201312:47 PM

Children with autism see simple movements twice as fast as other children their age, a new study finds.

Researchers at Vanderbilt University and the University of Rochester were looking to test a common theory about autism which holds that overwhelming sensory stimulation inhibits other brain functions. The researchers figured they could check that by studying how kids with autism process moving images.

"One can think of autism as a brain impairment, but another way to view autism is as a condition where the balance between different brain processes is impaired," says Duje Tadin, a co-author of the study out this week in the Journal of Neuroscience. "That imbalance could lead to functional impairments, and it often does, but it can also result in enhancements."

Jeff Hudale, who is autistic, demonstrates a face recognition test at the University of Pittsburgh in 2010. Researchers use eye tracking devices to monitor and record what he is looking at.
    Shots - Health News
    What's Different About The Brains Of People With Autism?
    Tadin and his colleagues presented 46 children — 20 with autism and 26 without — with short video clips of moving black and white vertical bars. The images appeared in three different sizes and all the kids, ranging in age from 8 to 17, had to do was indicate whether the bars were moving right or left.

The scientists ran the experiment twice — once with high-contrast images and then again with low-contrast ones.

When the black bars were darker and easier to see, the researchers expected the autistic children to do better, figuring they'd be less inhibited by so-called spatial suppression, a mechanism that makes it harder for typical observers to perceive motion as the things they're looking at increase in size.

The autistic children did do a lot better with the higher contrast images than the control group, but not because they lacked spatial suppression, it turns out. As the image size increased, the autistic kids were slower at recognizing motion. But at each size, they were still twice as fast as the control kids.

Children with autism detect simple movement twice as quickly as their typically developing peers.
    Children with autism detect simple movement twice as quickly as their typically developing peers.

Duje Tadin, University of Rochester
    "That was really surprising," says Jennifer Foss-Feig, another study author. "People have not found this enhanced motion perception before."

Even though the researchers' original hypothesis didn't hold up, they think their findings still fit into the broader causation theory.

"The thought is that sensory systems develop very early on and if you have differences or deficits in terms of the way your brain is responding to sensory input, that would have real cascading effects developmentally," Foss-Feig says. "So there could be higher order cognitive and social and behavioral deficits."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ain-stops-time

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3567218.html
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 14th January 2014 at 09:23.

5. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/15/health...html?hpt=hp_t2

FDA: Acetaminophen doses over 325 mg might lead to liver damage
    By Holly Yan, CNN
    updated 12:51 PM EST, Wed January 15, 2014

(CNN) -- You're in pain after surgery, and your doctor prescribes you Vicodin, or maybe Percocet. But when you get home, the pain hasn't subsided and you decide to pop some Extra Strength Tylenol.
    Unknowingly, you may have just taken more of the drug acetaminophen than is safe.
    Acetaminophen is often used in pain medications with opioids such as oxycodone (Percocet), hydrocodone (Vicodin) and codeine (Tylenol with Codeine). These are called combination drugs, and the Food and Drug Administration is asking doctors to stop prescribing those that have more than 325 mg of acetaminophen per dose.
    The FDA says no data show that taking more than that amount provides enough benefit to outweigh the risk of liver damage.
    "Many consumers are often unaware that many products (both prescription and OTC) contain acetaminophen, making it easy to accidentally take too much," the FDA said in a statement Tuesday.
    The warning does not apply to over-the-counter drugs such as Tylenol, which contains acetaminophen. The FDA said it will address over-the-counter products in another regulatory action.
    In 2011, the FDA asked manufacturers to limit the amount of acetaminophen in prescription combination drugs to 325 mg per capsule or tablet by January 2014. While more than half of the manufacturers agreed, some combination drugs with higher amounts of acetaminophen remain on the market.
    The federal agency says it plans to start the process of withdrawing approval of prescription combination drugs from manufacturers that have not complied.
    Health risks
    "Acetaminophen overdose is one of the most common poisonings worldwide," according to the National Institutes of Health.
    Taking too much of this pain reliever can lead to liver failure or death.
    The FDA has set the recommended maximum for adults at 4,000 milligrams per day. It's easier to reach this limit than you might think; one gel tablet of Extra Strength Tylenol, for example, contains 500 mg.
    New Tylenol cap will have warning label
    Consumers should not take more than the prescribed dose of any medication that contains acetaminophen, according to the FDA, and should avoid taking more than one acetaminophen product at a time. Drinking alcohol while taking acetaminophen also puts you at risk.
    To find out if your medications contain acetaminophen, read the drug label or the list of ingredients in the patient information leaflet that came with your prescription. Look for the word "acetaminophen" or the letters "APAP," an abbreviation sometimes used for the drug. If you are still unsure, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
    Acetaminophen may also cause serious skin reactions in some people. According to the FDA, the skin reactions are rare but can be deadly. These conditions can cause blisters, serious rashes, reddening of the skin and the detachment of the upper surface of the skin, the epidermis.
    Anyone who develops these types of conditions after using acetaminophen should stop taking the product immediately and visit a doctor or emergency room.
    FDA issues warning about acetaminophen and skin reactions
    CNN's Jacque Wilson, Saundra Young and Val Willingham contributed to this report.

http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com...taminophen.asp

Evidence that Increased Acetaminophen use in Genetically Vulnerable Children Appears to be a Major Cause of the Epidemics of Autism, Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity, and Asthma

By William Shaw, Ph.D.

6. Link to Post #25
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://newscenter.sdsu.edu/sdsu_news...ration630b.jpg

Thursday, May 26, 2011
    Overconnectivity in Brain Found in Autism
    Findings from SDSU's Brain Development Imaging Laboratory differ from current brain connectivity theories.

Illustration of atypical connectivity patterns observed using functional connectivity MRI. See end of story for more information about the illustration.

By Golda Akhgarnia
    Although it has been long known that autism is primarily a neurological disorder, the exact nature of brain disorders in autism is not well understood. Two recent studies from San Diego State’s Brain Development Imaging Laboratory suggest that current theories may be missing an important piece of the picture: overconnectivity in the brain.

Recent evidence has suggested that brain connectivity is affected in those with autism, and many studies have reported “functional underconnectivity,” meaning that regions in different parts of the brain talk less to each other. The underconnectivity theory, which was originally proposed in 2004, received broad attention and has been generally accepted until recently.

About the SDSU studies

However, in a study led by SDSU psychology Professor Ralph-Axel Müller (published in Cerebral Cortex), all existing studies of functional connectivity were surveyed and it was found that a growing number of studies actually show a very different pattern of results, suggesting that in autism, the brain may be partly overconnected.

This hypothesis was then tested in a second study from the same lab, led by Patricia Shih and published in Biological Psychiatry. It found that a brain region in the temporal lobe, which is important for several functions known to be impaired in autism (biological motion perception, language, auditory processing, auditory-visual integration), is more widely connected with other parts of the brain in children and adolescents with autism than in typically developing children.

This study is also the first to show that the specialization of cortex in this part of the brain is reduced in those with autism. Whereas in typically developing children, neighboring parts of cortex become increasingly specialized with age, this specialization was found to be impaired in children with autism.

Different perspective of autism

These findings create a picture of brain abnormalities that differs strongly from the “underconnectivity theory.” The data suggest that functional networks in the brain, which specialize in different functions (e.g., language or imitation), are not simply less well connected. Instead, cognitive and behavioral problems in autism may arise from the fact that these networks connect broadly with too many other parts of the brain and therefore do not specialize well.

The causes of these impairments are not understood at present, but they may relate to findings of early brain overgrowth in children with autism. Impaired “synaptic pruning,” which refers to the loss of connection between nerve cells that is important for brain organization and network specialization in typical development, may also play a role in overconnectivity observed in the study by Shih and colleagues.

More about the illustration at the top of the story

Illustration of atypical connectivity patterns observed using functional connectivity MRI. In the typical brain, a simplified example network shows strong connectivity (thick blue lines) between three brain regions (A, B, C).

These three regions are connected more weakly in ASD (thin red lines). However, the network also includes connections with other brain regions (D, E, F) that do not exist in the typical brain (dotted red lines).

7. Link to Post #26
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/b...-bigger-brain/

Boys with autism have a bigger brain
    Agence France-Presse
    Abnormal brain growth starting at four months of age occurs in a type of autism in which toddlers lose language and social skills they once had, according to a new study.

Boys with autism have a bigger brain than girls with autism, according to a new study. An earlier study has also found that autistic brains in general are about 18% heavier on average than the brains of non-affected people. Credit: University of California, San Diego - Autism Centre of Excellence

WASHINGTON: Abnormal brain growth starting at four months of age occurs in a type of autism in which toddlers lose language and social skills they once had, according to a new study.

The brains of boys with regressive autism grew 6% larger than typically developing counterparts and toddlers who showed signs of autism early in life, a form called early onset autism.

The research, involving 180 subjects and described as the “largest study of brain development in preschoolers with autism to date”, also found no evidence of a brain growth spurt in girls with autism.

“This adds to the growing evidence that there are multiple biological subtypes of autism, with different neurobiological underpinnings,” said co-author David Amaral, research director of the MIND Institute at University of California, Davis.

Abnormal growth for boys with autism

Autism includes a wide spectrum of developmental differences and may range from mild social awkwardness to complete inability to communicate, repetitive movements, sensitivity to certain lights and sounds, and behavioral problems.

As many as one in 110 children is diagnosed with autism, though its cause remains a mystery. The disorder is more common in boys than girls by a factor of four to one.

Previous studies have suggested that clinical signs of autism tend to coincide with a period of abnormal brain and head growth that becomes apparent between the ninth and 18th month of life.

Normal brain growth for girls with autism

However this study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences today, is the first to show a difference in brain size between toddler boys with regressive versus early onset autism.

“The finding that boys with regressive autism show a different form of neuropathology than boys with early onset autism is novel,” said lead author Christine Wu Nordahl, a researcher at the MIND Institute.

“Moreover, when we evaluated girls with autism separately from boys, we found that no girls – regardless of whether they had early onset or regressive autism – had abnormal brain growth.”

Loss of skills

The findings showed that boys with regressive autism had a “pronounced increase” in head circumference beginning as early as four months of age and lasting through 19 months.

The data was based on head circumference measurements taken from pediatric well-baby visits from birth through 18 months, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans done on all 180 participants at age three. The authors noted that the study was limited because it relied upon parental reports of when the children’s autism began to appear.

Previous research has “pointed out significant complexities in defining and measuring the onset of autism symptoms,” with as many as 45% of kids in one study showing signs of autism on video that were not reported by parents.

“The major finding of this study is that a subset of boys with regressive autism have normal head circumference at birth, which diverges from normality around four to six months of age, well before any loss of skills were documented,” said the study, calling for more research. “Thus, rapid head growth beginning around four-six months of age may be a risk factor for future loss of skills.”

More information:
    Original paper in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences – open access
    Christine Wu Nordahl’s homepage

8. Link to Post #27
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Please check out these:

GOOGLE: "flu vaccine" "topoisomerase inhibitor"
    Yields:
    http://www.gsk.com/research/our-product-pipeline.html

Our product pipeline

Quote Our medicines and vaccines in development are classified into three stages : Phase I, Phase II and Phase III. These studies into the safety and efficacy of investigational products provide data to support applications to regulators for approval. This page provides an outline of the medicines and vaccines in development.

The content of our development pipeline will change over time as new compounds progress from discovery to development and from development to the market. This annual pipeline information was published in March 2013. An update is expected to be available in March 2014.

Owing to the nature of the drug development, many compounds - especially those in early stages of investigation - may be terminated through the development process. For competitive reasons, new projects in pre-clinical development are not disclosed and some project types may not be identified.

Brand names appearing in italics are trademarks either owned by and/or licensed to GlaxoSmithKline or associated companies.
    Quote 2140944 type 2 topoisomerase inhibitor bacterial infections Phase I

http://www.ageofautism.com/2013/09/d...p-measles.html

Dachel Media Review: Imperfect Flu Shot, Families Need Help, Measles

Online news By Anne Dachel

Quote The Daily Tar Heel (UNC)

"Scientists from UNC's School of Medicine have discovered a link between autism and environmental factors - and it all started over a longstanding lunch date."...

"Zylka said topotecan, a drug often used in chemotherapy, can be utilized to inhibit topoisomerase, an enzyme, which in turn limits the expression of certain genes.

"The genes limited by topotecan were particularly long, a characteristic shared by genes linked to autism.

"Zylka said the suppression of these genes by topotecan and other topoisomerase inhibitors, which may be present in the environment, could affect brain development in a manner that results in autism.
    Flu shots in utero:

http://www.bidmc.org/YourHealth/Holi...?ChunkID=32652

Quote DNA Topoisomerase Inhibitors
    Common name: irinotecan (Camptosar)
    This type of drug damages DNA during cell replication. Since cancer cells replicate faster than healthy cells, the effect is concentrated in tumor tissue. Irinotecan has shown promise in single agent treatment of esophageal cancer and in combinations.
    - See more at: http://www.bidmc.org/YourHealth/Holi....pbsN5R2B.dpuf

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/AVAX+T...ts.-a054642957
    Quote "During the quarter, AVAX also completed a $10 million private placement with firms such as Essex Woodlands Health Ventures Fund IV, L.P. and Petrus Fund L.P., an affiliate of Perot Investments. The net proceeds will be used primarily to fund pivotal trials of M-Vax, additional studies of O-Vax(TM), AVAX's autologous vaccine for ovarian cancer, studies in other cancers and Phase 1 clinical trials of our topoisomerase inhibitor and anti-estrogen technologies. In March, we also appointed James L. Currie of Essex Woodlands Health Ventures to our Board of Directors, and Arthur J. Atkinson, Jr., M.D. to our Scientific Advisory Board. Both individuals are strong additions who afford AVAX additional expertise in the financial and clinical research and development areas, respectively.

AVAX Technologies, Inc. specializes in the development and commercialization of novel biotechnologies, immunotherapies and pharmaceuticals for cancer and other life-threatening diseases using three core technologies: autologous cell (AC) vaccines, topoisomerase inhibitors and anti-estrogens.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topoisomerase_inhibitor

Quote Topoisomerase inhibitors are agents designed to interfere with the action of topoisomerase enzymes[1] (topoisomerase I and II), which are enzymes that control the changes in DNA structure[2] by catalyzing the breaking and rejoining of the phosphodiester backbone of DNA strands during the normal cell cycle.

In recent years, topoisomerases have become popular targets for cancer chemotherapy treatments. It is thought that topoisomerase inhibitors block the ligation step of the cell cycle, generating single and double stranded breaks that harm the integrity of the genome. Introduction of these breaks subsequently leads to apoptosis and cell death.

Topoisomerase inhibitors can also function as antibacterial agents.[3] Quinolones have this function.[4]
    http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/2013...nolone-warning

Quote Aug. 27, 2013 -- The FDA is strengthening its warning that a popular class of antibiotics, called fluoroquinolones, may cause sudden, serious, and potentially permanent nerve damage called peripheral neuropathy.

Fluoroquinolones are antibiotics that are commonly used to treat a variety of illnesses such as respiratory and urinary tract infections. These medicines include ciprofloxacin (Cipro), gemifloxacin (Factive), levofloxacin (Levaquin), moxifloxacin (Avelox), norfloxacin (Noroxin), and ofloxacin (Floxin). More than 23 million patients received a prescription for one of them in 2011.

Peripheral neuropathy is damage to the nerves that send information to and from the brain and spinal cord and the rest of the body. Damage interrupts this connection, and the symptoms depend on which nerves are affected. In general, the symptoms are in the arms and legs and include numbness, tingling, burning, or shooting pain.

Peripheral neuropathy has been listed as a side effect of fluoroquinolones since 2004. There have been reports of long-lasting nerve damage and disability in patients taking this type of medication.

A recent FDA review revealed that the existing warnings for fluoroquinolones were inadequate. The FDA's newest alert requires that all drug labels and medication guides for fluoroquinolones be updated to better emphasize the risk for serious and potentially irreversible peripheral neuropathy.
    http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/analytic...additives.html

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...a-EU-and-Japan

dangerous inhibitors in the baby formula

Quote THIS CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
    However, if you would like to share the information in this article, you may use the headline, summary and link below:
    Antibiotic-tainted enzymes find way into products in US, Canada, EU and Japan
    By Hank Schultz, 04-Nov-2013

Enzymes manufactured in India contaminated with an antibiotic have appeared in the US and Canadian markets after popping in Europe and Japan. The contamination could result in one of the biggest slews of product recalls in history.
    http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...a-EU-and-Japan

9. Link to Post #28
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well, having an ASD diagnosis myself (from a complete asshole doctor! lol sigh), I can tell you that I didn't mean we (autistic people) should be eradicated,
    but rather, uh, that the side-effects of being so sensitive (chemically, aurally, visually, in terms of allergies, etc.) might be acknowledged and addressed by people such as those who promote pooey products like CFE lightbulbs, vaccines, i.e. every product a government tries to force the public to accept as the new normal.

In regards to "high functioning autism", a good reference is the character Charles Wallace in Madeleine L'Engle's books. He's an absolute genius, but has some issues eventually.

However, as long as there are those in our world who suffer greatly, like Temple Grandin (who was diagnosed with brain damage as a young child and recently had a very revealing functional MRI) and possibly my own son, who seems to have lots of occasional sensory deficits, there is a need for doctors to look closer.

These sensory limitations (and excesses) contribute to him getting hurt. An example would be grabbing a thorny tree because he didn't look closely, or walking into a white table edge in a room painted white. He has some "proprioportion" and "spatial" problems, and has trouble breaking away from tedious rotes. But lately, has been developing fast.

What used to be a child who walked into lamp-posts has evolved into a magnificent and talent climbing/running addict.
    The young man has demonstrated in many ways his extraordinary connection with the physical and psychic worlds.

However, he still can't speak, at age 6, and gets so angry when he is not understood...
    That is something that medicine MUST address, and soon, if these children are to be educated.

Why is it that some children grow without speech, whereas others on the spectrum are naturally gifted in the use of language?

Some scientists have found that certain genes are being copied, deleted, reversing, stacking, etc. in these children and NOT all autism is equally miserable!

It is rigid thinking that leads us to assume that there is no pathology to autism itself; there is no such thing as perfect. Only decent.

10. Link to Post #29
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Sorry I got emotional about this subject.
    It's not my wish to cause you suffering, or to my son, either.
    I am impressed by how much you know about these things and the politics of the world.
    However, sometimes our knowledge itself can be a barrier against learning. ~"Nine-Toes the Argonian"

You're correct that I need to take a step back from this and try to be more accepting of the condition people call Autism.

-but-

I get a lot of emails from other parents who are going through Hell's own time, trying to manage their kids' needs.
    It takes a lot of support for one of these children to thrive.

It's like looking at the Eiffel Tower; the impossibly wide foundation of support,
    terminating in one tiny individual point, the person in need. Our society is not ready for what this really means.
    They do not have the charity required to boost the next race toward the sky -- we live in a racist culture,
    and we know in our hearts what that meant for our ancestors and "gods", when our species went to war against diversity...

Madeleine L'Engle, as a scientist, was aware of the mitochondrial problems that these talented children might have in our time.
    She actually DID believe that they WERE beyond the shadow of a doubt the next step in human evolution.
    She was very clear about this, that they had better memories, and shamanic qualities; the ability to transcend time itself in order to discover and experience.

Since I do retain a small belief in the External Divine Form, I try not to talk about evolution much. Because we are not the measure of perfection.
    We are the observers of the Form. The good book calls us "clay", being shaped by time and the effort of the maker.
    That concept also applies to evolution.

But what is evolution, without compassion?

Love, understanding, service -- those are the things that defy the gravity of the human condition.
    They are the only things which at this point in history can help us evolve, or even survive.

There are probably 1,000,000 different discussions a person could have regarding "ASD" and still be covering something new each time.

Thank you for your interest and the reminder that different isn't necessarily wrong.

I do tend to believe in efficiency as a law of the universe, thanks to the German in me,
    but at the same time, I believe that there are things that overcome the concept of time.

P.S. What becomes of the person with extreme abilities, but no faith in himself?
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 27th January 2014 at 22:57.

11. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Did you guys read the study about "vertical transmission" of viruses such as SV-40, and other Polyomaviruses thought to contribute in part to ASDs because these viruses in certain combinations have been found in samples of post-mortem autistic brains?

Vertical transmission occurs when the parents are exposed to a virus (such as a vaccine or food contaminant or recombineering product) and pass this virus straight to the child themselves, becoming the vector for infection regardless of precautions taken against infection of the infant via vaccines...

It becomes a never-ending process whereby virus after virus is introduced into the parents, who transmit it to the offspring, and millions of wealthy investors profit grossly from the vaccine INDUSTRY...

Also there was a study linking the ONSET of a severe mitochondrial disorder in an ASD child to the introduction of vaccines; it triggered a very bad "frameshift" mutation and could have outright killed her (in fact this has likely killed many more children than would have "died because of measles" or what have you).

The Polyomavirus paper was published in Rome, and the other one was USA, iirc.

You know what an iteration is, right?
    A problem that becomes more complex over time, in a predictable manner -- but prediction does not ameliorate the end result of triggered mutations and expression of bad genes.
    It simple shifts the blame.

Michael Crichton was pretty concerned about gene patenting and other immoral practices involving innocent people.
    He ended up dead pretty fast.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20345322

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_crichton

http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/05/v...f-science.html

J Child Neurol. 2010 Jan;25(1):107-9. Epub 2009 May 11.

Severe neuropathy after diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccination in a child carrying a novel frame-shift mutation in the small heat-shock protein 27 gene.
    Mandich P, Grandis M, Varese A, Geroldi A, Acquaviva M, Ciotti P, Gulli R, Doria-Lamba L, Fabrizi GM, Giribaldi G, Pizzuti A, Schenone A, Bellone E.

Department of Neurosciences, Ophthalmology and Genetics-Section of Medical Genetics, University of Genova, Genova, Italy.

Abstract

Mutations in small heat-shock protein 27 and small heat-shock protein 22 genes were found in association with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2 and distal hereditary motor neuropathy. We searched for mutations in small heat-shock protein 27 gene in an Italian family with peripheral neuropathy and intrafamilial phenotypic variability. A novel heterozygous frame-shift mutation c.476_477delCT was found while point mutations in most genes associated with hereditary neuropathies were ruled out. In the proband, who showed a severe early onset peripheral neuropathy, an independent pathogenetic effect on the peripheral nervous system secondary to the tetanus toxoid injection may be supposed. This is the first truncating nonsense mutation in the small heat-shock protein 27 gene identified so far and the clinical, neurophysiologic, and neuropathological findings are discussed.

I know these things because I care very much, and someone up there gave me just enough brains to store just enough info...

Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 28th January 2014 at 05:33.

12. Link to Post #31
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    Did you guys read the study about "vertical transmission" of viruses such as SV-40, and other Polyomaviruses thought to contribute in part to ASDs because these viruses in certain combinations have been found in samples of post-mortem autistic brains?

[...]
    I am aware of the study of vertical transmission, and it may very well be one of the mechanisms through which biological evolution occurs. After all, viruses - and mind you that not all viruses are pathological - are nature's way of transferring genetic material.

You know what an iteration is, right?
    I have worked as a computer programmer and I still on occasion do a little bit of scripting, so the answer is "yes".

A problem that becomes more complex over time, in a predictable manner -- but prediction does not ameliorate the end result of triggered mutations and expression of bad genes.
    It simple shifts the blame.
    That's the part I am having difficulty with, i.e. the fact that in the event of autism, there is a need for putting a blame on something, with as a connotation that there evidently doesn't seem to be such a need on account of sociopathy, arrogance, narcissism, imperialism, militarism, and lots of other sociological phenomena.

I for one am quite happy with "my bad genes", and I don't need or want to "be cured" - thank you very much. And it would then be most comfortable even if other people were also to refrain from wanting to "cure me". Brave New World, anyone?

Michael Crichton was pretty concerned about gene patenting and other immoral practices involving innocent people.
    He ended up dead pretty fast.
    I have ethical problems with the concept of patenting in general, because patents were supposed to offer protection against abuse and have in the meantime - and rather quickly even - become a tool for abuse. As a Free/Libre & Open Source Software advocate, I am very happy that the EU does not recognize the concept of software patents, even though the USA does.

But that all said, I have an even bigger problem with the patenting of genetic material, just as I have a problem with eugenics and even with transhumanism. It is immoral in every possible way.

13. Link to Post #32
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I didn't mean to imply that our genes are bad!

They are delicate!

p.s. have you read about the 9-repeat allele? native pride!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15872345
    J Nucl Med. 2005 May;46(5):745-51.
    Increased dopamine transporter availability associated with the 9-repeat allele of the SLC6A3 gene.
    van Dyck CH, Malison RT, Jacobsen LK, Seibyl JP, Staley JK, Laruelle M, Baldwin RM, Innis RB, Gelernter J.

Some people call it schizophrenia, but after studying Carl Jung, i thought perhaps "shamanism" was a better label!!

http://realitysandwich.com/164260/dr...n_switzerland/
    http://voices.yahoo.com/native-ameri...73.html?cat=37
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 28th January 2014 at 22:10.

14. Link to Post #33
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

hey guys, please read this article, it says that "flu during pregnancy" and "birth stress" causes autism, along with a chloride imbalance of some kind.
    since many of them have too much ammonia in their bodies later, what the heck ????

also, what about flu shots in pregnancy and how much stress those might put on the fetus????? because mine was effed up and I got one.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-h...-brains-n23931

Autism Study Points Way to Calming Troubled Brains (bad headline imo)

Researchers looking for simple ways to treat autism say they may have explained why at least some cases occur: It all has to do with the stress babies undergo at birth.

They’re already testing a simple drug for treating kids with autism and say their findings may point to ways to treat the disorder earlier in life.

It’s all experimental, but the study, published in the journal Science, should inspire other researchers to take a closer look. “This is exciting stuff to people in the field, because it’s getting at a basic mechanism," says Andrew Zimmerman of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, who reviewed the study.

Yehezkel Ben-Ari of the Mediterranean Institute of Neurobiology in Marseille, France, and colleagues have been treating children with autism with a diuretic called bumetanide that reduces levels of chloride in cells. Diuretics lower blood pressure by making people urinate more, reducing fluid.

Ben-Ari has had mixed success in his trials in kids, and wanted to prove his theory that chloride was the key.

He worked with two rodent “models” of autism — they’re the closest things scientists have for replicating autism in a human. One has mutated genes linked with autism, and another develops autism when given valproate, an epilepsy drug blamed for causing autism in the children of mothers who take it while pregnant.

“We have shown that if we administer the diuretic to the mother for 24 hours before and during delivery, the offspring is … cured."
    They looked at what was going on in the brains of the mouse and rat pups just before and after birth. Then they gave the mouse and rat moms bumetanide — and fewer of their newborns showed autistic-like behaviors.

It suggests that a reset button isn't working in the brains of newborns as they are delivered.

“We have proven the concept that in autism, indeed chloride is elevated and perhaps our diuretic acts in reducing that,” Ben-Ari told reporters on a conference call. “We have shown that if we administer the diuretic to the mother for 24 hours before and during delivery, the offspring is … cured."

Ben-Ari has founded a company that is looking to develop a drug that might be used to treat autism.

No one suggests giving any such drug to a pregnant woman and especially not to a newborn. Its safety would have to be tested. Plus, right now there’s no way of telling whether a pregnant woman’s unborn baby is going to develop autism. “It’s impossible in humans — that’s the problem,” Zimmerman says.

Autism is becoming more and more common among U.S. kids, and researchers don’t quite understand why. The latest survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows 2 percent of U.S. children have been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, which refers to a broad range of symptoms, from the relatively mild social awkwardness of Asperger’s syndrome to profound mental retardation, debilitating repetitive behaviors and an inability to communicate.

Genetics are a large factor — if one twin has autism the other twin is very likely to — but genes don’t explain it all. Better diagnosis doesn’t explain all of it, either, and many scientists are looking at what happens in pregnancy. Some studies suggest that infections such as influenza during pregnancy may play a role.

"It’s impossible in humans — that’s the problem.”
    There’s no cure and no good treatment.

Zimmerman says the brain is overexcited in autism, and Ben-Ari says his study shows that chloride is responsible for at least some of this. The process of giving birth can re-set the over-excited neurons, and the new study in Science suggests that oxytocin, the so-called "love hormone" which is released during birth, may play a role in doing so.

The diuretic has similar effects, Ben-Ari says. He is currently treating kids aged 3 to 11 with it but thinks if autism could be diagnosed younger, and kids treated younger, it might be more useful.

“The possibility for perinatal treatment with an agent such as bumetanide is an enticing possibility for the prevention or early treatment of the disorder,” Ben-Ari’s team wrote in their report. “However, this would require an accurate way to determine whom to treat because symptoms of autism spectrum disorder often do not appear until the second year of life.”

The study suggests a way to do this, Zimmerman says. The blood and amniotic fluid of pregnant women could be tested for chloride levels, and the newborns followed to see if those that develop autism were exposed to more chloride in the womb.

First published February 6th 2014, 1:54 pm

red alert do NOT get that shot while pregnant, my fetus STOPPED MOVING after they gave me the shot, within weeks.
    It was so effing scary, I thought my baby was dead in there.

15. Link to Post #34
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

I am surprised to see the discord here for this has shown me the way to the answers I need to start bringing my grandson back from autism. He was a normal baby and I saw him fade away. Words and language lost. No this is not right. Eye contact where it wasn't before. Words have come back. We had a setback with him going on antibiotics again however we are swinging around and he is more like every other child.

I have things to share. It is a spectrum disorder. Many answers are right which is why curing 1 child with a wheat-gluten free diet works for one and not another. Mercury may affect one person more than another. Another maybe reacting to a protein in the vaccine. Why detoxifying (like epsom salt baths) works for some not others. Allergies to nickle or copper. We had high cadmium in our local well and why this may have helped and his father a nickle allergy. GMO another and so on.

My mother was told my brother and I were brain damaged from paint. My brother has a BS in mechanical and electrical engineering. I consider myself a psychic genius. BS Biochemistry, 10 years with cytogenetics, graduate school human oncology. Usually I am telling people that everything they know is wrong. Here I find many in tuned souls and Tesla started this thread with research in mind.

Here I get to say your all right and I think Dr Natasha campbell-McBride has it mostly correct with her thoughts about antibiotics and their use over generations and the priming of the gut at birth and whether it has various good and bad microbes present. Everything connects.

Wiring in the brain being an adaptable organ will enhance other areas. Curing the child or adult does not change enhanced abilities yet does not fully always repair diminished areas. They have the control to choose what they develop like the rest of us. Or not to. Autism and schizophrenics.

Telepathy, manifesting, precognition, telekinetic abilities, intelligence.....do not go away. My grandson can manifest and use telepathy and he still prefers it but can speak if he desires. He will never be exactly like other normal children for none of us are. Look around even in twins none of us are alike. It is are difference that make us strong and that strength you advocate. But I see wrongs to fix.

The physical vehicle is not operating to its full potential. Kinda on a massive scale and they are here to show the way.

I am an advocate for running the tests to see what is exactly wrong and exactly fix it. Autism is increasing to alarming numbers in increasing areas. The signal to see the truths will show us many truths. You will hear the word cured a lot more in the future.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Agape (12th February 2014), blufire (12th February 2014), chocolate (12th February 2014), Sierra (14th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014)

17. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Some more information from Dr. Mercola: http://search.mercola.com/search/pag....aspx?k=autism

And two of the links only:
    Hepatitis B Vaccine Triples the Risk of Autism in Infant Boys
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...fant-Boys.aspx

New Warning About Everyday Poison Linked to Alzheimer's, ADHD, and Autism
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...uary-2010.aspx
    Last edited by chocolate; 12th February 2014 at 18:55.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Fairy Friend (12th February 2014), onawah (12th February 2014), william r sanford72 (27th December 2014)

19. Link to Post #36
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Worth a repeat/repost:

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Going even beyond the buying into, and "agreeing" to, "their" PR peddling that there is such a thing as autism:

The hoax at the bottom of Autism and Alzheimer’s
    by Jon Rappoport March 22, 2013
    www.nomorefakenews.com

For the medical cartel, Autism and Alzheimer’s are big, big business. Profits are soaring.

These two conditions are promoted as specific diseases. That’s where all the trouble starts.

If you read the Alzheimer’s and Autism definitions, which are the criteria for diagnosis contained in the psychiatric Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM), you find there are no physical tests of any kind.

No blood tests, no saliva tests, no urine tests, no genetic tests, no brain scans.

Instead, what you see are lists and menus of behaviors.

What does this mean?

First of all, it means researchers haven’t found the cause of these conditions. If they had, they would state it.

So how do you say you’ve located a specific disease if you don’t know the cause? Answer: you can’t.

Take four people who are 70 years old and are experiencing severe memory loss. You’re a researcher. You don’t know why these people have this problem. You can guess, you can talk about maybe-this or maybe-that, but you don’t know.

Therefore, you can’t say the cause of the memory loss in each case is the same. It might well be different for each person.

Should you make up a label like Alzheimer’s and slap it on all four people? Of course not. A single label means a single cause. Otherwise, why use the label?

But you don’t know the cause. No matter how many behavioral characteristics of memory loss you name, you don’t know the cause.

Therefore, you have no business applying a single label to those four people. That’s not science. It might be marketing for drugs, it might be a lot of things, it might be about obtaining grant monies, but it isn’t science.

Take four young children who have suddenly withdrawn from the world. Same principle applies. If you slap them with the Autism label, you’re lying. You don’t know the cause of that withdrawal in any of the children.

Now, if you were the parent of one of these children, and you noticed that soon after the child was stuck with multiple vaccines, he developed a fever and then he withdrew from the world, you would, indeed, know something vital.

But if you’re an unbiased researcher a thousand miles away from these four children, all you know, at the outset, is that they all withdrew.

In two cases, the cause might have been vaccination. In another case, it might have been severe and chronic malnutrition or a reaction to heavy metals in food. In another case, the child might have developed a brain lesion. There are a number of possibilities.

Why then slap all four children with the label Autism?

Just because they exhibit the same general characteristic? That’s patently ridiculous.

Let’s take this a step farther. Suppose you had a group of 500 children, all of whom withdrew and folded up after receiving a load of vaccine. You know these vaccines contain toxins. You know the toxins were injected. You know the toxins can cause neurological damage.

Well, what are you waiting for? These are cases of VACCINE DAMAGE. It’s not Autism caused by vaccine damage. It’s not Autism or Cd3syt or Vcti45 or any other arbitrary label. It’s not a disease or a disorder. It’s poisoning. Do you say a person who develops a severe and chronic problem after eating fish loaded with poison has a disease? Is it the fish-eating disease?

Of course, we know that exonerating vaccines keeps a giant industry from destruction. And we know that putting a disease label on people opens the door to enormous profits. Drug-company profits. “Well, we’re researching several promising medicines for Autism…”

You don’t hear, “We’re investigating remedies for vaccine poisoning and exposure to industrial pollutants.”

Alzheimer’s researchers are very fond of talking about “biomarkers” and “imaging.” They keep testing blood and the spinal fluid. But they don’t know enough to include the results of those tests in the official definition of Alzheimer’s.

And think about this: suppose one biomarker finally emerges as a common denominator in a study examining 5000 people who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s? Who is to say the cause of that biomarker is the same in all 5000 people? This is not a trivial point. It’s crucial.

If, for example, chemicals can cause genetic changes, and then cancer researchers hail “new genetic findings in investigating the cause of cancer,” at what level are they plugging into the true situation? If they keep ignoring the chemicals, how far are they going to get?

Researchers and the press keep promoting a fairy tale: “If we diagnose people who show the same behavioral factors with a single disease label, and if we keep examining these people for common biomarkers, we’ll find the cause of the disease.”

Well, look at the DSM. It contains 297 official disorders, all labeled. Many of these so-called disorders have been investigated for decades. And yet, not one disorder lists a specific across-the-board diagnostic test that can define it.

Taking all this to a conclusion, we have this: there is no reason to suppose that Alzheimer’s or Autism exists.

Damage exists. And there are cogent reasons to infer that, in different individuals, the causes are different.

Therefore, what we need are very capable and independent-minded health practitioners who can investigate one patient at a time and find out what really caused his/her problem.

That is why, when somebody tells me he’s found the cause of Alzheimer’s or Autism, and the cure, I know he’s on the wrong track. He failed to notice that these conditions don’t exist. Damage exists.

In the alternative field, I’ve read journal articles that begin: “New discovery may revolutionize the treatment of Alzheimer’s…”

The author of the article was bamboozled. He accepted the idea that Alzheimer’s was a single disease. His opening sentence should have read: “New discovery may revolutionize the treatment of that thing that doesn’t exist…”

Then he and everybody else would see the error.

Damage exists. Memory loss exists. Withdrawing from the world exists. Suffering exists. Pain exists. Finding what caused it in a single patient, one at a time, is a step toward healing.

And healing is what it’s supposed to be all about.

The correct metaphor here is the detective. Suppose he says, “Well, we have a murder, and we know that murder is caused by bullets. So we’ll find the bullets and that will constitute the solution to the case.”

The detective investigates each case on its own facts and merits. He brings a wealth of experience to his work. He knows patterns in murders. He knows what sometimes turns out to be the answer. He applies what he knows. He uses clues. He uses logic. He tries one avenue, and if it doesn’t pan out, he embarks on another avenue. He keeps looking. He provisionally uses generalities, but he also avoids them. This is called intelligence. It’s called discernment. It’s called caring about finding the truth.

If genuine healing were the objective, practitioners would approach so-called Alzheimer’s and Autism patients very differently.

The fact that most medical doctors don’t is, at the very least, criminal negligence.

Back in the 1990′s, I interviewed the mother of a boy who had been diagnosed with Autism. He wasn’t a case of vaccine damage, because he’d never been vaccinated.

His health practitioner, during an extensive conversation with the mother, did discover a forgotten head injury at the age of three. The boy was now 16.

The practitioner tried a course of hyperbaric oxygen treatments, based on the hypothesis that some brain cells were in an “idling state,” and had never awakened after the injury. The treatments helped somewhat. The boy became a bit more communicative.

The practitioner then shifted the boy’s diet several times, and in the process found out he was having a severe and chronic reaction to milk and other dairy products. So they were eliminated from the diet. After a month, the boy came a bit more out of his shell. His awkward physical movements lessened.

Supplementation with minerals produced further results. The boy’s speech cleared up gradually. He mumbled less. His spoke more forcefully.

At this point, for the first time, the boy was willing to undertake a light exercise program. After a month or so, it produced dividends. His muscle tone improved, and he enjoyed short runs. He’d return from these runs with fierce enthusiasm. He was happy that his coordination was increasing.

Several new supplement protocols were tried. One of them included a meal-replacement drink that he liked. He came further out of his shell. His mother began home schooling him. His writing was no longer a dense scribble. He could focus on his work.

The boy went through another series of hyperbaric oxygen treatments. This time the results were more visible. His face, which tended to be mask-like, relaxed. He became more animated.

The supplement regime was enhanced with a ginseng adaptogen and a different type of magnesium. The boy received several adjustments from a chiropractor, who had been trained in the original techniques of the art.

A month later, the boy’s communication with his parents and his neighbors reached a new level. He had recovered a significant part of his life.

I asked the practitioner whether he would apply that entire course of treatment across the board for all children diagnosed with Autism.

“Absolutely not,” he said. “I don’t do ‘across-the-board’ anything.”

When I told a doctor what happened to this boy, he said, “It wasn’t Autism to begin with. He was misdiagnosed. It was a head injury.”

“No,” I said. “Nothing is Autism.”

He stared at me and then he smiled. “I know where you’re going with this,” he said.

“So?”

“Yeah,” he said. “They don’t have a cause for Autism.”

“So they have no right to say it’s a disease with a single cause.”

He scratched his head and walked away.

There is yet another reason the medical cartel wants to maintain this fiction about Autism and Alzheimer’s. It’s about controlling the research, of course. Keeping a lid on the fact that chemicals and inserted genes in the food supply; water contaminated with chemicals, including fluorides; heavy-metal particles sprayed in the skies; radiation; vaccines; medical drugs; industrial pollution and dumping; and other factors have been producing the symptoms of what is being called Autism and Alzheimer’s.

Covering all that up is a major priority. One dirty hand washes another.

Sources: “Dementia of the Alzheimer’s Type Symptoms and Diagnosis,” psychtreatment.com; “DSM-IV Criteria Pervasive Developmental Disorders,” firstsigns.org.

Jon Rappoport

PS: this all fall under the rubrique of "Propaganda" and "Psyops," see this post <---
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

chocolate (12th February 2014), Christine (12th February 2014), Fairy Friend (12th February 2014), Frank V (15th February 2014), Gardener (14th February 2014), jp11 (14th February 2014), panopticon (15th February 2014), seko (15th March 2014), Sierra (14th February 2014), spiritwind (14th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014)

21. Link to Post #37
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Lightbulb Re: Autism

I went to the OP, post #1, and Tesla said it clearly the whole track of events, and her intention for this thread. It was clear she wanted a SAFE SPACE for people to post research reports that are found on the subject. thank you TESLA for starting this wonderful thread as a repository for RESEARCH (with cited references). Bob

the OP:

Quote Hello Avalon,
    I wanted to make a safe place where anyone who wants to share an autism research link can post that, and of course, discuss the papers posted.

Since there are so many possible underlying factors being investigated, threads about autism often get derailed as people talk about more familiar assumptions and theories, and of course, the vaccination debate tends to darken some of those discussions for people who are unfamiliar with the more recent body of research in regards to de novo mutations and lack of evidence regarding whether autism is heritable.

There was a paper in particular that I want you guys to read if and when you have time.

The reason I want to talk about this here is that I trust most of you not only to leave this material safely here, but also to:engage and to care about this issue, as people with autism and mental retardation often suffer a lot of discrimination when their families seek benefits from the state or federal gov'ts.

I would like to see the lists of pertinent and relevant research reports and papers that the thread title and what Tesla has asked for, AUTISM, focus.

I will ask Tesla to restart this thread when she gets back to re-correlate the research papers. I for one am working on a research project with a large group who are interested in compassionate solutions to identify, categorize, see what methods have worked, and then come up with support systems for families and their affected loved ones. A SAFE SPACE in other words.
    Last edited by Bob; 12th February 2014 at 21:45.

22. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

I hope you come back soon Tesla. I think your full of passion and your threads
    are extemely well written.You always provide links and pictures.

If i were grading you, I would give you a A-. I know youir saying... why the minus?lol
    Bill has even stated that he likes you and he thinks your talented.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th February 2014), Chanlo23 (13th February 2014), Christine (14th February 2014), Jean-Luc (14th February 2014)

24. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Chanlo23's Avatar
    Thanks

http://newscenter.sdsu.edu/sdsu_news...ration630b.jpg .... Although it has been long known that autism is primarily a neurological disorder, the exact nature of brain disorders in autism is not well understood. Two recent studies from San Diego State’s Brain Development Imaging Laboratory suggest that current theories may be missing an important piece of the picture: overconnectivity in the brain.
    I believe Sensory Overload IS related to Autism. THIS thread is VERY relevant. It SHOULD definitely be kept ACTIVE! Sensory overload, I believe, can be exacerbated when Autism is present.

Recently, a number of studies have been done showing connections between Autism and Synthesia (also related to sensory overload):
    • http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...119193908.htm. Summary: "Synaesthesia involves people experiencing a 'mixing of the senses', for example, seeing colours when they hear sounds, or reporting that musical notes evoke different tastes. Autism is diagnosed when a person struggles with social relationships and communication, and shows unusually narrow interests and resistance to change. The team of scientists from Cambridge University found that whereas synaesthesia only occurred in 7.2% of typical individuals, it occurred in 18.9% of people with autism. On the face of it, this is an unlikely result, as autism and synaesthesia seem as if they should not share anything. But at the level of the brain, synaesthesia involves atypical connections between brain areas that are not usually wired together (so that a sensation in one channel automatically triggers a perception in another). Autism has also been postulated to involve over-connectivity of neurons (so that the person over-focuses on small details but struggles to keep track of the big picture). The scientists tested -- and confirmed -- the prediction that if both autism and synaesthesia involve neural over-connectivity, then synaesthesia might be disproportionately common in autism.
    • http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...-to-savantism/ Introduction[/B][/COLOR]: Daniel Tammet has memorized Pi to the 22,514th digit. He speaks ten different languages, including one of his own invention, and he can multiply enormous sums in his head within a matter of seconds. However, he is unable to hold down a standard 9-to-5 job, in part due to his obsessive adherence to ritual, down to the precise times he has his tea every day. Daniel is a savant. He is also autistic. And he is a synesthete. Daniel experiences numbers as having color, as well as shape and texture. This helps him perform amazing mathematical feats seemingly without effort, the answer simply materializing to him rather than having to calculate it out.
    • http://www.molecularautism.com/content/4/1/40 Background: Synaesthesia is a neurodevelopmental condition in which a sensation in one modality triggers a perception in a second modality. Autism (shorthand for Autism Spectrum Conditions) is a neurodevelopmental condition involving social-communication disability alongside resistance to change and unusually narrow interests or activities. Whilst on the surface they appear distinct, they have been suggested to share common atypical neural connectivity. Results: The rate of synaesthesia in adults with autism was 18.9% (31 out of 164), almost three times greater than in controls (7.22%, 7 out of 97, P <0.05). ToG-R proved unsuitable for synaesthetes with autism.
      Conclusions: The significant increase in synaesthesia prevalence in autism suggests that the two conditions may share some common underlying mechanisms. Future research is needed to develop more feasible validation methods of synaesthesia in autism.
    • http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/s...mmon-in-autism Summary:Donielle Johnson, a Cambridge Gates Scholar who carried out the study as part of her Master’s degree, said: “People with autism report high levels of sensory hyper-sensitivity. This new study goes one step further in identifying synaesthesia as a sensory issue that has been overlooked in this population. This has major implications for educators and clinicians designing autism-friendly learning environments.” - See more at: http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/s....z9TmgkLe.dpuf
    • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24995232 Introduction: Research suggests synaesthesia is nearly three times as common in adults with autism spectrum disorder than in the general population. The two conditions may share common features such as unusual wiring of the brain, say UK scientists. The study helps understanding of how people with autism experience life, says the National Autistic Society.
    Last edited by Chanlo23; 13th February 2014 at 18:36.

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chanlo23 For This Post:

Agape (13th February 2014), Bob (13th February 2014), Christine (14th February 2014), Fairy Friend (14th February 2014), Flash (14th February 2014), Frank V (17th February 2014), Inaiá (15th February 2014), jagman (14th February 2014), sheme (14th February 2014), Sierra (14th February 2014), sunflower (14th February 2014), Wind (17th February 2014)

26. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Bobd (here)
    I went to the OP, post #1, and Tesla said it clearly the whole track of events, and her intention for this thread. It was clear she wanted a SAFE SPACE for people to post research reports that are found on the subject. thank you TESLA for starting this wonderful thread as a repository for RESEARCH (with cited references). Bob
    Amen to that. I fully support Tesla in her clear and sincere intentions for this thread. So should we all.

Quote Posted by Aragorn (here)

Anyway - no offense intended
    I have to say, I find that a little hard to believe.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 14th February 2014 at 16:38.

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bob (14th February 2014), Chanlo23 (14th February 2014), Flash (14th February 2014), Inaiá (15th February 2014), Kindling (15th February 2014), onawah (16th February 2014), Roisin (14th February 2014), sheme (14th February 2014), Sierra (15th February 2014), thunder24 (14th February 2014), william r sanford72 (27th December 2014), Wind (17th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 9 LastLast