+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 7 17 19 LastLast

Thread: Exceptional psychic abilities in exceptional people

1. Link to Post #121
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,225 times in 1,108 posts

Default Re: Exceptional psychic abilities in exceptional people

Chinaski, I want to thank you for your very sincere and eloquent questions, and I confess I am among those who have been struggling with an adequate way to assist you here. I know that you speak for many readers wanting to have their doubts resolved and to learn more about their own selves.

It does seem like a few videos should solve your problem, doesn’t it?

But we already know what happens when a YouTube of anything shows up online, don’t we?

“Fake…fake…CGI…charlatan….sh*t…” and all the rest, no matter what the substance of the issue in question. No one who wants to disbelieve is ever disappointed.

In fact, there are already dozens of videos and demonstrations on film of anomalous activities which are authentic. But even after decades of scholarly and accredited research, going back to Prof. J.B. Rhine at Duke University in the 1930’s and since – and evidence that the military etc use psychic skills for practical purposes - people still don’t get it. They still want some kind of “proof”.

That is, they want proof as it applies to them, personally. And that only comes from personal experience.

And that’s fair enough. You can’t be expected to truly understand something at the level of experience necessary here without the personal experience yourself. That’s just how it is.

Trying to “explain” or teach psychic reality by reading or watching a vid is like trying to explain the taste of, say, chocolate or cheese by handing you a cookbook and saying: It’s all right here, read it and you’ll understand. No, you won’t. All the cookbooks in the world are nothing compared to tasting a single mouthful of the chocolate or cheese, the real experience. And then you’ll know – you won’t need the cookbook any more.

Do you remember when you first learned how babies were made – and you thought: Eeeeew. Yuck? And then… adolescence hit. And so did romance. And experience made it all different, didn’t it?

Experience is the great teacher. It’s a slow route, but the only effective one: meditation, contemplation, yoga, self awareness, mindfulness, conscious living, the presence of the spirit. It’s called by many names; it’s all the same idea. Practice, practice, practice in whatever form suits you. And the meaningful answers to your questions will reveal themselves there.

I wish I had a better answer for you here, but I really don’t. I greatly appreciate your sincerity in asking, though.

All my best regards,

Selene

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

Billy (10th October 2013), blufire (10th October 2013), Curt (10th October 2013), Debra (23rd October 2013), Elly (10th October 2013), Eram (10th October 2013), Gardener (10th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Mark (10th October 2013), Mike (10th October 2013), Reirrac (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Swan (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (10th October 2013), Wind (10th October 2013)

3. Link to Post #122
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 times in 356 posts

Hello Chinaski,

I don´t know if this counts as "proof", but interesting never-the-less.

A 3 inch bladder tumor shrunk in 3 minutes:

Last edited by Swan; 10th October 2013 at 10:21.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Swan For This Post:

Debra (23rd October 2013), Eram (10th October 2013), Mike (10th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (10th October 2013), Wind (10th October 2013)

5. Link to Post #123
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    These are some people i have met many times personally. People with outstanding gifts.

Alex Orbito. A shaman/Christian Whom i met in Holland on three occasions. He put his hands inside my body leaving no marks. He physically opened my chakra's laid a crystal inside each chakra then closed all. Then a blinding light exploded in my third eye, Ecstatic, I had to be carried out. His personal story is amazing.

http://www.pyramidofasia.org/ and here.
    http://www.pyramid4light.org/about/rev-alex-orbito/

Quote from Alex.
    Dear Brothers and Sisters,

As humanity is entering into a new cycle, it’s important to welcome the new energies that vibrate with the heart. The Pyramid for Light has been spiritually guided from the beginning as a catalyst in this process on both an individual and collective level. Through our spiritual unity, we can all support the Earth´s transformation towards more love, light and healing for all living beings.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sister Briege Mckenna. A Catholic Nun, Whom i first met in Bosnia then again here in Scotland. Crippled with rheumatoid arthritis and in a wheelchair, She was miraculously and instantaneously healed at the age of 24. With this healing she received different spiritual abilities. Being able to see and have direct communication with Jesus, Miraculous healing towards others, Being able to see inside a person and recount all their actions in life. Whether positive or negative. (Much to the embarrassment of many Priests) She healed a child who had suffered from 90% burns on a rubbish dump in Brasil. His skin healed in a few seconds in front of peoples eyes.

I had more than one personal experience with her while in Bosnia.

http://www.catholicireland.net/the-healing-name/

Then i have other personal spiritual experiences that did not involve humans, that i find difficult to put into words.

peace

http://www.pyramidofasia.org/studies.html

Scientific Studies on efficiency treatment
    Alex Orbito

During the period 2002 - 2005, Jan van Hemert, M.D., Ph.D, compiled extensive studies on the healing work of Alex Orbito. He also added foreign studies done in Canada and Germany to this research in measuring the effectiveness of the treatments done by Alex Orbito.

He scientifically documented more than 124 medical cases of people who had been treated by Alex Orbito and wrote his findings and conclusions in his Scientific Report

Dr. Jan van Hemert, Ph.D is a neurologist who became a successful medical director in several reputable clinics in the Netherlands. He also became a pioneer in the study of holistic medicine which he studied extensively to validate its application in more than 30 complementary therapeutic disciplines. Through his experience, competence and knowledge, he recently introduced the Cornet Master Studies in affiliation with the DUC University in the Netherlands as post graduate education for medical doctors and therapists.

CV Jan van Hemert, M.D., Ph.D. See attached document.

Previous Scientific Research and Studies

In the course of his life, Alex Orbito often voluntarily assisted in scientific studies to further measure and understand the phenomena of barehanded or psychic surgery.

The number of studies he voluntarily submitted himself to is numerous and the below list is far from complete since he simply doesn't recall all the different names, centers and hospitals where the researches were performed. Particularly in the early days of his healing ministry in the Philippines (in the seventies) continuous scientific study groups visited and researched his work without keeping any record of these visits and results. Some studies and researches are described in the literature list.

1974 Philippines/Canada; Dr. Lee Pulos
    1974 Sweden; Stockholm, Dr. Kosic and Dr. Ronqvist
    1975 Denmark; Copenhagen, Dr. Richard Oyson
    1977 France; Paris (hospital), Dr. Frudolen
    1979 Austria; Vienna (hospital), Dr. Lauda
    1972 - 1982 Germany; Dr. Seutemann and Dr. Alfred Stelter, Ph.D
    1981 Japan; Tokyo Dr. Nakamoto & Dr. Kumora
    1999 Philippines; Natural Sciences Institute, Dr. Saturnino Halos, Ph.D
    2002 India; Life Research Academy; Dr. Newton & Dr. Lakshmi
    2003 – 2004 Italy; European University for Holistic Medine, Dr. Jan van Hemert, Ph.D
    2003 – 2005 Germany; International Biophysics Insitute, Dr. Roeland van Wijk, Ph.D
    2006 Russia; St. Petersburg (clinic), Dr. Rushel
    Biophysics
    Undergoing tests at International Biophysics
    Institute, Germany

Introduction to Quantum Physics

From a holistic point of view, each human being is considered to be an open energy system in constant interaction not only with his environment, but also from where life and awareness is being created. This is a dynamic and active realization process in which each being is truly the creator of his own reality.

The term kwantum (Latin, "how much") refers to discrete units that the theory assigns to certain physical quantities, such as the energy of an atom at rest. The discovery that waves could be measured in particle-like small packets of energy called quanta led to the branch of physics that deals with atomic and subatomic systems which we today call Quantum Mechanics. We do know today, that there is a common "field" which constantly alters by our thoughts, words and actions.

A well known proof of this theory, is the scientific study done by the Japanese Dr. Emoto, who showed that a simple word has the power to change the atomic structure of water.

He discovered that a collective energy field based on love gives beautifully shaped stars at freezing point whereas a collective energy field based on fear gives chaotic structures of water.

Crystals
    This clearly shows that our collective energy field which we emanate is the constant creator of our daily reality. Hence the importance to understand that our (sub) consciousness mind is the constant creator of our health or disease.

Key factors towards a healthy life are:

Gaining consciousness that our attitude (being our thoughts, words and actions) towards ourselves and our environment is creating our own reality
    Acknowledgement of this self-responsability
    Acceptance of the power to re-create our reality as we desire
    Hence, comes the realization that:
    Thinking, speaking and acting healthy creates health
    Thinking, speaking and acting sickly creates sickness

B
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

aranuk (12th October 2013), LahTera (10th October 2013), Mike (10th October 2013), Reirrac (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (10th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #124
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,231 times in 1,379 posts

Do you think that at any stage it's too late to tap into latent psychic powers? The Paul Dong book (which is too expensive for me on Amazon at any rate - would love a link to somewhere cheaper if anyone knows of a place) is geared to children and it's commonly felt that you have to "get em while they're young". But at the age of 60, can you do anything more than just read (wistfully) about what might have been?

While writing, a few months ago I read that an eminent professor had suggested that the human mind - memories to be specific - could be cloud based and "out there" rather than within. Additionally, I read that somebody who had never learned to read, could "read" a whole book by placing it under his pillow and sleeping on it. The interesting part was that the more people who had read the book before him, the easier it was for him to pick up what it was about, the inference being that he was plucking it out of consciousness.

Perhaps I'm answering my own question and should get a copy of Paul Dong's book and put it under my pillow . . . . ?
    Last edited by Miller; 10th October 2013 at 12:21.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Gardener (10th October 2013), Mike (10th October 2013), Neal (18th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (10th October 2013)

9. Link to Post #125
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Are not all people exceptional people? Isn't any ability latent in any Being of consciousness.

I don't have any exceptional abilities.. really I don't. It is an oddity. I can tell of extra ordinary events in my life.. things that surprised and awed me. I can tell stories of emotional upheavals and even moments of pure terror. I relish the moments when the sun or the wind talk through me... I crumble in the moments of doubt and pain. This is LIFE moving through me. Exceptional? Not for me any longer... it just is, moment by moment awareness that I do my best to embrace it as it comes.

Am I creating this, I would say yes. I am a conscious co-creator of what I embody and live around me. Have I expanded and contracted enough? Have I experienced enough to have some wisdom, some patience, and over flowing kindness?

These are the exceptional qualities I value above all... and above all love.

10. Link to Post #126
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 1,783 posts

On a personal level, I'm grateful for those truly exceptional abilities out there, all of which are beyond human comprehension, because they make our not so nearly as exceptional abilities that we may talk about or show via whatever evidential material we may have on that all the more real within the realm of possibilities for those who are considering if whatever that person is describing or showing is true or not.

But be it big or small, they are ALL a reminder to us that we live in a world where anything is possible. All we have to do is BELIEVE that and then wait for the extraordinary to occur. Even Jesus knew how important it is for us to know that hence why he walked on water, turned water into wine, brought Lazarus back from the dead, turned breadcrumbs into loaves of bread to feed hundreds and showed himself in the physical after HE died and was buried. He knew that the "proof is in the pudding" and that we need to see it, to believe it. This is why Jesus made sure that there were plenty of people around to witness his miracles.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Christine (10th October 2013), Gardener (10th October 2013), Mike (10th October 2013), Neal (18th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), ulli (10th October 2013), Wind (10th October 2013)

12. Link to Post #127
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by w1ndmill (here)
    Perhaps I'm answering my own question and should get a copy of Paul Dong's book and put it under my pillow . . . . ?
    Talk about book under pillow, w1ndmill, this one excites me for many reasons. See why. For quick link, click here @ 24:27.

The New Humans by Mary Rodwell

Published on Dec 17, 2012

Mary Rodwell presented testimony from over 1600 cases she has collated that indicates how advanced extraterrestrial intelligences are preparing the human psyche to accept their presence on our planet. Evidence of complex extraterrestrial programs, which will enable us to interact with and communicate with them, as well as understand our place in the cosmos.

This involves downloads of data such as our true genetic origins, using our psi skills with advanced technology, manipulation of matter, astrophysics and healing. Coupled with genetic, and spiritual programs for awakening of human consciousness, to assist humanity to evolve into a fully functional multidimensional human, Homo Noetics. The New Humans.

Mary Rodwell presented "The New Humans" at the 2nd Annual British Exopolitics Expo on Sunday 8th August, 2010 at the University of Leeds.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Christine (10th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Mike (10th October 2013), Miller (11th October 2013), Neal (18th October 2013), Reirrac (12th October 2013), Roisin (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013)

14. Link to Post #128
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Christine (here)
    Are not all people exceptional people? Isn't any ability latent in any Being of consciousness.

I don't have any exceptional abilities.. really I don't. It is an oddity. I can tell of extra ordinary events in my life.. things that surprised and awed me. I can tell stories of emotional upheavals and even moments of pure terror. I relish the moments when the sun or the wind talk through me... I crumble in the moments of doubt and pain. This is LIFE moving through me. Exceptional? Not for me any longer... it just is, moment by moment awareness that I do my best to embrace it as it comes.

Am I creating this, I would say yes. I am a conscious co-creator of what I embody and live around me. Have I expanded and contracted enough? Have I experienced enough to have some wisdom, some patience, and over flowing kindness?

These are the exceptional qualities I value above all... and above all love.
    Christine, most definitely, your exceptional ability is your inspirational writings that you post here in this board almost on a daily basis. There are a few others here who can do that too but you're one of the more talented ones and this is why I have visited this board for years now to read them over.

Don't let anyone try to diminish this exceptional ability of yours by comparing it to something someone can do on a much more dramatic scale. Your ability is, in reality, no less spectacular than what theirs is because all exceptional abilities serve a purpose to remind that we live in a truly extraordinary world.

Each of us possess some kind of exceptional ability of one sort or another. Be it big or small, they all serve a purpose as reminders that we live in a world chock full of impossibilities.
    Last edited by Roisin; 10th October 2013 at 14:05.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Christine (10th October 2013), Curt (10th October 2013), johnf (10th October 2013), LahTera (10th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Mark (10th October 2013), Mike (10th October 2013), Reirrac (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Selene (11th October 2013), Wind (10th October 2013)

16. Link to Post #129
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by w1ndmill (here)
    Do you think that at any stage it's too late to tap into latent psychic powers? The Paul Dong book (which is too expensive for me on Amazon at any rate - would love a link to somewhere cheaper if anyone knows of a place) is geared to children and it's commonly felt that you have to "get em while they're young".
    You didn't list the title. Here's a free download of “China's Super Psychics,” by Paul Dong, Thomas E. Raffill, Ph. D. Karen S. Kramer. Several sites charged $700 and up, so I assumed this is the book.

I didn't download because I didn't want to create an account (only one step involved). Here's the description:

China's Super Psychics downloads

DOWNLOAD LINK http://boosserlm.info/1... - ooquup

Download here http://boosserlm.info/1... Paul Dong, Thomas Raffill and Karen S. Kramner Ph. D. China's Super Psychics - Share Book Recommendations With Your. Kramer] on Amazon.com. In their book, the authors state that "China's Psychic Research" has gone through three stages,. China's Super Psychics [Paul Dong, Thomas E. . Raffill - Google Books According to Paul Dong, the Chinese health discipline "chi gong" generates psychic abilities--which may explain China's numerous psychics and why, since 1982, the. China's Super Psychics - Paul Dong, Thomas E. China's Super Psychics has 4 ratings and 2 reviews. Books about CHINAS SUPER PSYCHIC. Karen S. According to Paul Dong, the Chinese health discipline chi gong generates psychic abilities--which may explain China's numerous psychics and why, since 1982, the. Marian said: Revealing and inspirational to see psychic energy proliferated in the young. *FREE* super saver shipping on qualifying offers. D. Raffill. CHINAS SUPER PSYCHIC - Find PDF Books: search and find over 250. The only c... My - ooquup

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), lucidity (1st March 2015), Mike (10th October 2013), Miller (10th October 2013), Roisin (10th October 2013)

18. Link to Post #130
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,214 times in 5,680 posts

I understand and respect the fact that things like synchronicity, psychic revelation, and maybe to some degree telepathy are subtle, mostly subjective experiences that cannot be proven. and i'm in no hurry to "prove" them, because I've experienced this type of stuff myself, believe it or not. and even in situations like the one Paula described above (moving the decorative balls)..I am not too terribly eager to see it filmed or "proven", because, though it would be very cool to see, this type of demonstration is very believable. I don't really need to see it done.

BUT...when one claims they can make 4000 people sit at a concert with their mind and their mind alone, when one claims they can affect weather dramatically and seriously affect world events...it begins to sound like a boast. and where I come from, boasts are generally required to be followed up with *action*. I hesitate to write this, because if you've just tuned in now you may think i'm an antagonizer, or that I have it out for Carmody or Jim in particular....not true! I think Carmody is a titanic presence here, and when I understand what he's saying really like reading his stuff. Jim, I very rarely understand what you're saying, honestly, but I think beneath it all beats a soft heart; I don't really mind listening to all your claims because I know there's a decent human being there; there's no malevolence there. see?

I must say: I am surprised that more people are not asking for a little demonstration here n there. Selene, thank you for your lovely post (I would have thanked it twice if I could), but ive often heard that sentiment about the video echoed throughout the forum, this issue of regardless of the documentation there will still be skeptics etc...and that's sort of my point: there's *always* a reason not to do it! always...without fail.

now perhaps this type of discussion wasn't what Bill intended when he started this thread, and to that I say: well, we're even now for the 'Hollow Earth' thread ya son of a gun. in all seriousness, I've said what I have to say on the matter, everyone knows how I feel about it, so unless the thread continues in a similar vein I will humbly bow out.

I send my best to everybody
    Last edited by Mike; 10th October 2013 at 17:16.

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

amandapoet (16th October 2013), Christine (10th October 2013), Curt (10th October 2013), Heartsong (11th October 2013), johnf (10th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Reirrac (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Selene (11th October 2013), Strat (10th October 2013), Swan (11th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013), Wind (10th October 2013)

20. Link to Post #131
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

My Pastor brother-in-law's mind control talent gives me verification that Carmody's ability to control a large audience in the way that he is describing it as something that is very possible for those with that kind of ability. With the exception of a few, the vast majority of people who come on forums like this one who make claims of an ability that they have or those experiences they have had too, are telling the truth. The same goes with Jim. There are others out there throughout the ages who had the same talent he does too and this is well documented. And besides that, what would be their motive for making such outrageous claims unless it were true? There's certainly no incentive to reveal such abilities to everyone, that's for sure. It's not going to benefit them financially by making such claims and they can't very well base their claim to fame on those kinds of talents either, so what's their incentive for making them? In my view, many people come here to talk about their experiences and the kinds of things they can do in the extraordinary category because where else can they talk about it? Certainly, they can't talk about it at work or to most friends and sometimes even family because they will be labeled by them as nuts or worse, possessed by the devil. So they come here to talk about those things not only just to get it off their back but also for insights from those who have also had extraordinary experiences. It's as simple as that and there's nothing more to it.

Afterall, everybody knows that having an ability of some sort, even if it's more extraordinary than most, does not by any stretch indicate that that person is more wise, moral, charitable, and unselfish than the rest of us of us mere mortals.

Except for proven healers of serious illnesses. Those ones are much more spiritually advanced than the rest of us.
    Last edited by Roisin; 10th October 2013 at 17:38.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Christine (10th October 2013), Gardener (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Mark (10th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Selene (11th October 2013), ulli (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013)

22. Link to Post #132
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Thumbs up Re: Exceptional psychic abilities in exceptional people

Chinaski,
    My advise to you when you want to see proof of this type of phenomena is try it yourself and truly believe in yourself that you can do it too. I doubt that I would start with such big things so try some small experiments instead. Perhaps will a cloud to disappear or a friend to send you a pm. I truly doubt that Carmody or Jim would ever be able to demonstrate enough to you for you to be satisfied and they probably know this. You see, my friend , you don't believe. Therefore you have shut that opportunity down for yourself to experience. I understand it may be out of your comfort zone to believe. But I also suspect, it may be out of your comfort zone to have others that ARE able to experience some things that you have not yet in your life. I believe if you took a leap of faith and put some good honest intent and focus toward this on a regular basis it would occur in your own life more often and more noticeably. It is very hard for someone to confirm something to someone else when they lack belief. To a sensitive person, the constant cries for proof can even feel like a psychic attack after a while. It is a waste of good energy, I honestly believe. You will get proof when you take a leap of faith and believe, but it will be you who experiences that proof in your own being. Otherwise you are blocking it. Sorry for being hard on you buddy, but with this stance you are hurting yourself as well as possibly others, in my humble opinion. I am not singling you out on purpose. We have all done this at one time or another. I really hope you find what you are looking for by way of proof. I secretly hope you will surprise yourself and MAKE it happen for you. You are made of the same stuff. Why would you not be able to practice and develop this other than you do not feel comfortable giving yourself permission.

PS- Don't let anyone else's amount of ability hold you back. In life there is always someone more skilled and always someone less skilled in everything. Yet in all things their is untapped potential. We never know until we try!

PS_Edit to add: We are all human and we all make mistakes according to where we are in life. I have a confession that I was mad at you last night about this need for proof. I was going to bed and had to look at my own feelings and question why it upset me. I discovered I was mad because you are capable the same as anyone else yet you don't see it yet. I have had you in my thoughts all day as I work I have had to do a lot of work today to erase it or else then I am blocked too. I actually held you in my space to see if I could figure out what was wrong. I sense that you don't understand how some can do this and some can't and that causes you to feel uncomfortable and not believe. You know you are made of the same stuff. You just have to believe in it. I am very sorry I was angry at you for a while. We are friends and that is important to me. Therefore I had to be honest. I understand now where you are coming from. Unless I have gotten it all wrong which is indeed possible. I apologize up front if I have.
    Last edited by heretogrow; 10th October 2013 at 18:02.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Christine (10th October 2013), Mark (10th October 2013), meeradas (11th October 2013), Roisin (10th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), ulli (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013)

24. Link to Post #133
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Probably some have seen this already, but it is a video on how people react when they really think they are experiencing psychic phenomenon,

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Christine (11th October 2013), Flowerpunkchip (11th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), Roisin (10th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013)

26. Link to Post #134
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Lol, the only one who didn't rehearse their part was the dog.

Ok, maybe at least 2 or 3 of the humans in that one are real people and not actors but very entertaining clip! Just saw it for the first time a few minutes ago.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Christine (11th October 2013), Dorjezigzag (10th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013)

28. Link to Post #135
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

Quote Posted by heretogrow (here)
    Chinaski,
    ....You see, my friend , you don't believe. Therefore you have shut that opportunity down for yourself to experience. I understand it may be out of your comfort zone to believe........ To a sensitive person, the constant cries for proof can even feel like a psychic attack after a while. It is a waste of good energy, I honestly believe....... Sorry for being hard on you buddy, but with this stance you are hurting yourself as well as possibly others, in my humble opinion.
    Subjecting these claims to genuine, honest inquiry shouldn't be a problem. Questioning, in a balanced and respectful way, should be a part of what we're all doing here.

Far from hurting, either himself, or anyone here with genuine ability, he's actually helping to shed light on something many of us are interested in.

The questions may even provoke first-hand experiencers to look at their own experiences in new ways- to go deeper into their understanding.

And you're right. There's no subsitute for direct personal experience. But some people, including myself, are helped by listening to the stories of others, then drilling deeper by asking questions.

For some, it's a way of orienting oneself in the maze before starting out.
    Last edited by Curt; 12th October 2013 at 15:29. Reason: Spelled 'inquiry' wrong. Whoops.

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Christine (11th October 2013), Gardener (13th October 2013), heretogrow (10th October 2013), Mark (10th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), Roisin (10th October 2013), Rollo (10th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Strat (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013), Wind (10th October 2013)

30. Link to Post #136
    United States Avalon Member LahTera's Avatar
    Thanks

The PK Man is good. Read it many years ago. Books on Edgar Cayce would also be good reads ... it was amazing what he could do and he seemed to find a way to exist and help others with his abilities. Absolutely amazing!

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Christine (11th October 2013), Dorjezigzag (10th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Wind (10th October 2013)

32. Link to Post #137
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Curtis,
    Thank you for this response. After I made my post I wondered if maybe these are soley my own projections and really would do more harm than good. This left me feeling raw and vulnerable about posting. Your response helped to bring some much needed balance and perspective to my own state of mind. You are right and I am using the things presented here to learn as well.

Thanks again,
    Julia
    Last edited by heretogrow; 10th October 2013 at 20:19.

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Christine (11th October 2013), Curt (10th October 2013), LahTera (10th October 2013), Mark (10th October 2013), meeradas (11th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Strat (10th October 2013), Wind (10th October 2013)

34. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

There was no "science" to it when strange things started happening to me. I certainly looked for it, though! And I *was* just a kid, but I still tried to do experiments. The entire thing was terrifying, but I didn't have a choice; I had to deal with it. I think what saved my sanity was that there *were* books out there on the topic. Unfortunately, that didn't provide the answers I was looking for, but they did help me to start asking the right questions. I know I can't convince others who don't want to be convinced that what happened to me was real (or that certain things that continue to happen are real). I learned long ago that getting "proof" was pretty much impossible. You just had to be there! (As some of my friends were there and some of those friends would never return -- lol!)

I had no choice and had to be there, so learning is what saved me. It quieted the fear. Knowledge really is power. While I can't prove anything to anyone else, I know my own truths. And I do share my experiences at times with people in order to help them with theirs.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Curt (10th October 2013), heretogrow (10th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Selene (11th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013)

36. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

When it comes to me empathically reading people (not sure if that's the correct "label" -- lol), it hits me very suddenly like a ton of bricks. It's like getting slammed with knowledge and feeling -- I truly believe the emotions are a key factor in these incidents -- and then a compelling feeling hits me where I want to go speak with the person I just "felt." It's *very* compelling. I pretty much had to learn how to stop myself from talking to people (and haven't really found a reason not to ... just wanted to see if I could stop myself, it was so compelling). So I'll talk to the people I read and while that conversation takes place, the intensity calms down, but the flow of information is still there. I'll tell people things about themselves they tend to not want to face most of the time, and we have a nice conversation for the most part. I'm not sure why I do this or why it happens, but it seems to me they feel better after we talk. Some of these people have called me labels, like shaman or witch, but I don't view myself this way.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Curt (10th October 2013), Gardener (13th October 2013), heretogrow (10th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013)

38. Link to Post #140
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Thanks for all the resources on this thread.
    Speaking of Inelia Benz, she has always maintained that the "psychic" abilities are in the body.
    We have energetic blockages based on trauma that prevent us from accessing all perceptions.
    Joe Dispenza and others say that neurosis and PTSD is nOT mental but energetic blocks in the body.
    The same kinds of "resistance" from traumas that lead to garden variety "neuroses" also block our ability to access the extrasensory abilities?
    I want to share a very meaningful lecture by Paul O'Connor who teaches remote viewing and energy psychology.

Quote Part 1 - "Clearing The Stream” with Energy Psychology Techniques: Using EP Techniques to enhance RV psychic / intuitive functioning
    http://youtu.be/Z-LZRgvg63M

Part 2 - We Are Energetic Beings
    http://youtu.be/z2gaSUH6Aqc

Part 3 - Energy Healing and Information
    http://youtu.be/0eQF5dyg0_U

Part 4 - Our Minds and the Biofield
    http://youtu.be/xs0-egjBBEc

Part 5 - Energy Psychology using TAT Acupressure
    http://youtu.be/2PmBGGG4mfU

Part 6 - Energy Psychology Toolbox
    http://youtu.be/SXuLh0hMw1k

Part 7 - Healing Dysfunctional Beliefs
    http://youtu.be/dfgH3ITMNOo

Part 8 - Conclusion
    http://youtu.be/JVwijtJ2PF4
    There are times when it seems pain and trauma is what unblocks some abilities. Plenty of documentation about that, too, but my sources are pretty old.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Curt (10th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 7 17 19 LastLast