+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Entering the New Cycle

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Entering the New Cycle

The Sun, along with its system, revolves around its binary in about 24,000 years of our earth. It also revolves around the grand centre called in Hindu scriptures as Vishnunabhi or the Navel of Lord Vishnu, which coincidentally happens to be the centre of the galaxy where the Black Hole exists. During this revolution , the sun goes towards the centre (Ascending) taking 12,000 years to do so and then moves away from the centre (Descending), taking another 12,000 years of earth to reach the farther point from the centre. When it is moving towards the centre, there is mental development. When it is moving away from the centre, then there is intellectual decline. Many other ancient cultures, like the Greeks, the Zoroastrians, also believed in the 12,000 year cycle.

Sri Yukteshwar, a 19th century Hindu monk, wrote on this: “Each of these periods of 12,000 years brings complete change, both externally in the material world, and internally in the intellectual or electric world, and is called one of the Divine Yugas or Electric Couple.”

This 24,000 year of Ascending and Descending cycle approximates the 25,765 Precessional Years when the sun moves backwards in the 12 zodiacal constellations. An ancient book of astronomy “Surya Siddhanta” specific the value of 54 arc second per year for precession and not 50 arc second, which calculated comes to 24,000 years.

Rather than following complicated calculations which crept into these yugas later on, it is best to follow the original Saptrishi Calendar or the calendar based on the Great Bear Constellation which was followed in ancient India. According to this calendar the Great Bear stayed in one constellation for 100 years, thus adding up to 2,700 years for 27 constellations. However, 12,000 years were equally divided into four Yugas or Ages with each yuga getting 3,000 years: Satya Yuga (Golden Age), Treta Yuga (Silver Age), Dwapar Yuga (Bronze Age) and Kali Yuga (Iron Age), with the Transition or Mutation period of 300 years each.

It has been established by several scholars through the historical accounts in Mahabharata and visits of the Greeks travelers etc to India, that the Saptrishi Calendar started in 6676 BCE. Moreover, since Mahabharata describes events happening in Dwapara Yuga, it has been established that 6676 BCE marks the beginning of Descending Dwapara Yuga. According to this calculation, we are in the Ascending Kali Yuga (676 BCE to 2025 CE). Now, the Transitional Period of 300 years starts from 2025 CE and ends in 2325CE before the next yuga starts.

What is important here is the Transitional Period. Calculations indicate that in the past Transitional Periods, Sri Yukteshwar’s “complete change” indeed took place. Scholars have linked in this way:

Consider Transitional or Mutation Period preceeding Ascending Kali Yuga, 300 years back from 676 BCE – Troy was destroyed, the great Mycenaean cities collapsed, “Third Intermediate Period” of Egypt happened, Indus Valley Civilisation ended, and Hekla volcano eruption.

Go back 3,000 years and we reach the Mutation Period of 3976 BCE-3676 BCE – referred to in geology as 5.9 kilo year event, i.e. intense aridification; Sahara desert; Jewish Calendar says world began in 3761 BC, severe floodings in Asia or the Flandrian transgression.

The Transitional Period before the above is 6976 BCE – 6676 BCE – geologists say the Black Sea Catastrophe happened during this time when Mediterranean Sea swelled with melting ice and flooded great parts of Europe; gigantic earthquakes in Europe including “rock tsumanis” in Sweden.

During the earlier Transitional Period of 9976 BCE – 9676 BCE – Ice Age ended; Global Flooding in 9600 BCE and all the extinctions that followed.

Now, for earth changes to take place, it may take a jiffy or even hundreds of years. There are no hard and fast rules in Nature but yet there are cycles. As the next Transitional Period of 300 years starting 2025 CE is approaching, there are indications that the changes might already be underway. According to Mayan Long Calendar calculations, this “Great Cycle” ended in 2012 for a new one to begin. This date of 2012 assumes importance since in this year, we began to see and record earth changes – increased volcanic eruptions, sink holes, increased earthquakes, increased floodings, increased cracking of the earth because of earth swelling.

If the above cyclic changes are correct, then these activities are expected to increase and reach their peak by 2025 CE, i.e. 12 years from now, leading to start of 300 years of Civilisational Collapse in the Transitional Period.

Now then, we are according to these calculations in the Ascending Cycle. So, we would rather witness increased mental activity, more knowledge, more intelligence, greater awakening.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to sushil soni For This Post:

4evrneo (21st October 2013), Agape (28th December 2013), Billy (21st October 2013), cursichella1 (21st October 2013), Ecnal61 (21st October 2013), Fairy Friend (21st October 2013), greybeard (21st October 2013), gripreaper (22nd October 2013), Kalamos (21st October 2013), Lifebringer (21st October 2013), Lunesoleil (4th March 2021), MariaDine (28th December 2013), naste.de.lumina (21st October 2013), onawah (23rd October 2013), parcival (21st October 2013), selinam (21st October 2013), skamandar (21st October 2013), spiritguide (21st October 2013), TomKat (6th March 2021), Wind (21st October 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 times in 747 posts

Default Re: Entering the New Cycle

It would be nice to see more intelligence applied with more wisdom. I've been wondering why it is that we as a species have not become "smarter," that is, "wiser."

Some want to argue that intelligence has increased, but I say: Look at this planet. In the last 300 years since the industrial revolution we have poisoned this planet and are continuing to do so in every pristine corner that is left. What brand of intelligence is that?

Maybe we "couldn't help ourselves" from acting stupidly because we were in a descending cycle. What a spiritual and intellectual challenge we have here...which we apparently always fail. What a system!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doodah For This Post:

onawah (23rd October 2013), sushil soni (24th October 2013), Wind (21st October 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

This is wonderful to know that we should see increased mental activity and knowledge. As a teacher, most of us, ( many faculty members), have witnessed a severe decline in the past years. I would like to see an uptick, because frankly, I've been extremely concerned.
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

onawah (23rd October 2013), sushil soni (24th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,832 times in 777 posts

Last edited by Kalamos; 23rd April 2014 at 07:11.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

onawah (23rd October 2013), sushil soni (24th October 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 times in 178 posts

Sri Yukteshwar was the real deal. He was the guru of Paramahansa Yogananda, who was also the real deal. True Christ like yogi's. I have a special place in my heart for Paramahansa Yogananda and that whole lineage of Guru's, they have taught me so much. Their pictures sit on my alter. Beautiful souls. There isn't many true role models these days, these men were and are. Thanks for this post.

In divine friendship,
    your brother,
    -wishy

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dpwishy For This Post:

Kalamos (23rd October 2013), onawah (23rd October 2013), sushil soni (24th October 2013), Wind (23rd October 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,545 times in 20,693 posts

Yogananda's books were some of the first I read way back when in the 60s when I began walking my spiritual path with concerted purpose.
    Fortunately for me, one of my teachers had been an enthusiastic participant in the Self-Realization Fellowship that Yogananda founded in So. Cal. and he was able to transmit some of the energies to his group on the East Coast that I belonged to.

As well as being a very wise, compassionate and learned man, Sri Yukteswar had a great face, very dignified and leonine...

By contrast, Yogananda was very soft and feminine looking

One of the yogis mentioned in Autobiography of a Yogi by Yogananda was Babaji,

who was actually a kind of avatar, according to Yogananda
    (meaning a great spiritual master, like Buddha or Christ).
    Whatever he was, he had a lovely face....
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Kalamos (24th October 2013), Kristin (23rd October 2013), sushil soni (24th October 2013), Wind (23rd October 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: Entering the New Cycle

Quote Posted by sushil soni (here)
    If the above cyclic changes are correct, then these activities are expected to increase and reach their peak by 2025 CE, i.e. 12 years from now, leading to start of 300 years of Civilisational Collapse in the Transitional Period.

Now then, we are according to these calculations in the Ascending Cycle. So, we would rather witness increased mental activity, more knowledge, more intelligence, greater awakening.

Thank you for this info

+ Reply to Thread