+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: The 1980 Bentwaters/ Rendlesham Forest incident

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member Project_Buggy_Beach's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The 1980 Bentwaters/ Rendlesham Forest incident

Does anyone have the actual recording of the tape?

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...r%2030%20Years

U.S. Military Releases UFO Sighting Tape After 30 Years

November 3, 2010 2:31 p.m. EST

Lawrence Mijares - AHN News Contributor
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, United Kingdom (AHN) - In December,1980, two unidentified airmen from the U.S. Air Force Bentwaters base led by Col. Charles Halt went to investigate an "UFO event" in Rendlesham Forest near Woodbridge, Suffolk, England. What they saw and encountered that night was recorded on tape.
    Now released after 30 years, the tape discloses that after reaching the site, the investigating team found pine trees damaged 15 to 18 feet up from the ground. Barnyard animals were noisy and very active. A yellowish light drew near the investigators from a distance.
    Halt later reported the incident to the British Ministry of Defense with nothing definite released to the public. Speculation as to what really happened soon followed, most notable of which was the conspiracy theory of Western governments trying to cover up alien interventions at nuclear sites.
    The Bentwaters air base was used in the 1980s to store nuclear weapons, and the now-retired colonel says that his UFO encounter is supported by sightings from other U.S. troops at the base who reportedly saw “triangular, dark metallic objects, that vanished at high speeds” coupled with ground depressions suggesting that the UFO landed, according to an account in bluntblogger.com.
    The tape still hasn’t provided any definite explanation of what actually happened that night.

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...#ixzz14FmtkLS5
    The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." --Niccolo Machiavelli,
    Italian philosopher, humanist and writer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Project_Buggy_Beach For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 times in 276 posts

Default Re: The 1980 Bentwaters/ Rendlesham Forest incident

Here's the link to the original audio tape, can't find any vid though...

Last edited by Atlas; 2nd December 2014 at 14:13. Reason: broken link
    Love is all you need

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), noxon medem (5th November 2010)

5. Link to Post #3
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Hello, a member of Avalon Chat asked me to relay this:
    Quote [10:10] <pangaea> ah, well theres a post up there that need correction
    [10:11] <pangaea> i refare to this: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-in-Rendlesham
    [10:11] <pangaea> in the post and original article, its stating that the tape has only just been released by nasa
    [10:12] <pangaea> thats not right at all, since a drum and bass group "Photek" produced a single back in 1995 (tho was produced in 94) entitled "ufo" clearly using samples from that tape
    [10:12] <pangaea> http://www.discogs.com/Photek-UFO-Ri...rn/release/310
    [10:12] <pangaea> so that post is wrong
    [10:13] <pangaea> including the original article
    [10:13] <pangaea> also, ive heard segments of that very same tape used other times even before that release by photek at music parties i attended when i was younger
    [10:14] <pangaea> anyway, thought i aught to make the correction, since im not registered on the avalon forum, perhaps you or somone else can post thoses links

[10:20] <pangaea> however im not saying the tape itself is not genuine or in fact this event did or did not happen, im simply correcting the fact that the tape has to have been in some sort of public domain state before that new article was writen

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke For This Post:

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member Project_Buggy_Beach's Avatar
    Thanks

I found the article interesting, the Avalon group as usual has many insights to offer, thanks for all the good information, I've never been to a dance party that played such information!
    The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." --Niccolo Machiavelli,
    Italian philosopher, humanist and writer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Project_Buggy_Beach For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,244 times in 4,597 posts

http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/halttape.htm

Rendlesham Forest UFO incident
    Transcript of Col. Halt’s tape

Transcribed by Ian Ridpath

This is a transcript of the cassette tape recording made by Lt.Col. Charles Halt on the night of the second sighting of the Rendlesham Forest UFO (i.e. the early hours of 1980 December 28). Halt made the recording on a hand-held dictation machine which he carried for note-taking. There are many gaps and jumps in the recording as he switched the machine on and off; although the tape itself lasts less than 18 minutes it covers activities over a period of hours. Those familiar with the case will recognize certain differences between the descriptions on the tape and Col. Halt’s subsequent recollections from memory.
    To set the scene: on the night of Saturday, 1980 December 27 Lt Col Halt was at an officers’ dinner at RAF Woodbridge when Lt Bruce Englund came in and said: “The UFO is back”. A group of men had reportedly seen unexplained lights in the forest, although unlike the first night we have no first-hand accounts from these witnesses. Halt returned to his quarters at RAF Bentwaters to change and joined the group out in the forest some time after midnight on December 28. The investigation initially focused on the supposed landing marks that had been found on the morning of December 26. Not until two-thirds of the way through the tape is an unidentified flashing light sighted (bottom of page 2 of this transcript). Throughout the events recorded on the tape, it is Bruce Englund who is guiding Halt around the site and he is also the person who first points out the flashing light. Englund himself has never gone on record about the events of that night.
    As well as Halt and Englund, the main character heard on the tape is Sergeant Monroe Nevels, who was operating the geiger counter. One other airman referred to by name is “Bob” (Sergeant Bobby Ball). Col Halt has helped clarify certain exchanges and identify the voices for me, so this is the nearest we are likely to get to an “authorized” version, and I am grateful to him for his assistance. However, I should add that Col Halt does not subscribe to my overall interpretation of the case.
    You can hear the tape for yourself by downloading it in MP3 format (12.3 MB) from here or in Windows Media Audio format (2.3 MB) here: http://www.ufocasebook.com/audio/charleshalt.wma. Other postings of the tape can be heard on MySpace and the Paranormal Cafe. All these recordings are taken from a copy of the original tape made by Col Halt who simply placed a microphone in front of a loudspeaker – various background noises can be heard in the room, including Halt’s own voice and a cough.
    I have added notes in a few places to clarify what is being said or to draw attention to points of interest. For my complete analysis of the tape, see here.

There are few links to follow on the above page...

It's certainly been available earlier if found in ufocasebook archives.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), noxon medem (5th November 2010)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Heise's Avatar
    Thanks

As many of you may know. History Channel has recently aired the episode of Rendlesham Forest witness Jim Penniston on his recent exposure of 12(or 6) pages of Binary numbers he wrote down in his notebook.

Here's the video segment, David Wilcock talks and gives his hypotheses on the matter. They also tie it in with an ancient celtic folklore island named Hy Brasil; the "other" Atlantis", I also believe Linda Moulton Howe made the initial connection.

At the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the Rendlesham Forest Incident. James Penniston responds to the question : "How could you keep this unknown from others for so long before you finally decided to expose these 12 pages of binary code."

Jim Penniston and John Burroughs talk about the binary code.

What do you think we should really be discussing? The nature of the message, or the credibility of the witnesses story?

*Note: We sent a disk on a satellite which explained where we were and contained DNA and some info in Binary.

Skepticism: Sgt Penniston does seem to show, through his accounts, all along that he would have been close enough to "touch" the craft. So we can't rule out that he was to far away.

@ minute aprox. 1:20 where Sgt. Penniston starts to describe how he received the code, on two separate occasions Pennistons eyes shot up and to the right (from the viewers angle). Although eye movement as an indicator of deception is very very very shakey. This eye movement is consistent with a person pulling from memory rather than the portion of the brian for imagination.
    Eye Movement

@ minute aprox 2:20 where Sgt. Penniston gives his reason as to why he didn't release this information. He makes a few statements as follows "you're not right" & "they'll take your gun...". The basic premise is that he thought people would question his mental stability.

Taking him @ his word that he "didn't even know what binary was", it is, at the very least plausible that Sgt. Peniston would actually hide this information. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment. It's 1980 or 1981. Imagine yourself receiving this "mental picture" of apparently random numbers that you have to write down secretly in a notebook. Just pages and pages of numbers with no meaning, writing them at night to try and help yourself fall asleep. With his other accounts on record he always had other officers that would back up what he saw. In this case all he has is a dream and chicken scratch numbers in an old notebook. You can definitely see how it could happen. But there is so many questions to this that I'll leave it for another time.

Lastly:

In doing some research on "Hy Brazil" I came across it's actual name: "Tierra Da Vera Cruz" but it was soon changed. There is additional information out there On Tierra but I haven't spent much time on it yet.

I also found this interesting: a little paragraph in the book "Seafaring Lore and Legends" mentions a Scottish sea captain named Nesbet who claimed to have landed on Hy Brazil in the late 1600's. He stated that the island was inhibted by a "magician in a castle".

Seafaring Lore

Links, Credits, References:
    ATS Forum
    UFO Research Network
    Link 2
    United Starseeds
    UFO Blog
    Rendlesham-Incident Forum
    Bentwaters Site
    Last edited by Heise; 3rd January 2011 at 02:35.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heise For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), MariaDine (3rd January 2011), SPIRIT WOLF (2nd January 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 times in 531 posts

I seen this over on ATS.I actually found the Hy Brazil information more interesting as i have never heard of it and am in the UK.
    I find it just too much of a coincidence that binary code is all over the internet recently and there are Text to binary converting websites springing up everywhere, people conversing in binary on forums etc. and all of a sudden after 30 years this guy suddenly has this AWESOME alien message from (of all places) Rendelsham Forest one of the most rigorously investigated cases in the history of Ufology. I know all about fear of losing his job etc. Im not buying it (and i would love too believe me)
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HURRITT ENYETO For This Post:

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Heise's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HURRITT ENYETO (here)
    I seen this over on ATS.I actually found the Hy Brazil information more interesting as i have never heard of it and am in the UK.
    I find it just too much of a coincidence that binary code is all over the internet recently and there are Text to binary converting websites springing up everywhere, people conversing in binary on forums etc. and all of a sudden after 30 years this guy suddenly has this AWESOME alien message from (of all places) Rendelsham Forest one of the most rigorously investigated cases in the history of Ufology. I know all about fear of losing his job etc. Im not buying it (and i would love too believe me)
    Yes, if this turns out to be false, than this will really hurt the credibility of the entire Rendlesham event. Maybe something did happen and he's trying to make money off something fabricated? Either way--it's not a good look for something that is equated to the UK version of Roswell. Not to mention, Nick Pope and Linda Moulton Howe are also involved in this matter.
    Last edited by Heise; 3rd January 2011 at 01:59.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heise For This Post:

17. Link to Post #9
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

.........you mean, they want to get a «scoop» at the expense of Penniston search for proeminence ? ...I see, they want more then those 15 minutes of Fame...Well, they are chossing their timming very well, because people love Ufo stories and Cryptology !

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...of-Binary-Code
    Last edited by MariaDine; 3rd January 2011 at 01:55.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

19. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

I watched the Ancient Aliens episode too, and find it extraordinary that Penniston was not only able to recall 10 or more pages of binary code, but sat on it for 30 years without having it translated!

Quote There are a lot of questions about this new evidence. Penniston has been interviewed in magazines, podcasts and at UFO conventions for over twenty years. At no point has he mentioned these binary messages. Likewise, his colleague and fellow witness, Burrows, has never mentioned the codes either despite having appeared in the same interviews. It’s difficult to accept that nobody has seen these binary messages in the book when he’s taken it ‘on tour’ for 3 decades. Time will tell.

Read more: http://scienceray.com/astronomy/anci...#ixzz19vx28YsN
    Jim Oberg (ATS forum member) commented here:
    Quote Commercial sponsors LOVE shows that specifically ATTRACT judgment-impaired viewers who will believe ANYTHING they are told. This means more sales of the sponsoring agencies' goods and services. The more gullible and disbelief-suspended the audience, the higher the profit.
    Any TV show that accepts Zacharia Sitchin's interpretations about the Annunaki (see earlier episode, I can't recall which one) loses credibility for me, after Michael Heiser's scholarly debunking of his claims.
    Last edited by str8thinker; 3rd January 2011 at 02:06.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), HURRITT ENYETO (3rd January 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 248 posts

I'd like to believe the binary thing, but we live in a time where you can decode messages in binary through google search engine, and it would have been most handy if he told us this back in the day. he says he thought he might have lost his job, but considering people probably thought he was mad in the first place for saying he saw a ufo, I feel he already threw caution to the wind, so why would he fear sharing a bunch of '0' and '1' with us?

I'm so disheartened by the whole subject because of crap like this. Maybe all the people that laugh at me for believing in ufo's have a right to after all.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to New Dawn For This Post:

23. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 239 posts

Quote Posted by New Dawn (here)
    I'm so disheartened by the whole subject because of crap like this. Maybe all the people that laugh at me for believing in ufo's have a right to after all.
    I can understand such a feeling.

The funny thing about other worldly craft is that they will continue to fly about whether we believe in their existence or not. The topic becomes a laughing issue when individuals or groups begin to attach irrational beliefs, based upon speculation or hearsay, to these crafts' origins and purposes for being here.

24. Link to Post #13
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

BTW, thanks Heise for the Seafaring Lore link.

You might like to d/l the actual book here rather than reading about it on Google.

The story of Hy Brasil begins on p.38 (actual page) - p.54 PDF of Seafaring Lore.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member zelda's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw the episode and the meaning of the binary numbers is quite disturbing. I wish they can decode the rest of the pages.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to zelda For This Post:

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

"Intelligence papers on a reported UFO sighting known as the "Rendlesham incident" have gone missing, files from the National Archives reveal."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12613690

Yea right...
    g
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), Rufs (3rd March 2011)

30. Link to Post #16
    Great Britain Avalon Member Flyswim's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for this. Funnily enough, I was watching a You Tube thang about Rendlesham the other day - https://youtube.com/watch?v=E2CJY2VyCfo

I often wonder why 'they' don't just fake reports rather than declare them as missing. Missing stuff is always so much more intriguing, innit.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flyswim For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), Gardener (3rd March 2011)

32. Link to Post #17
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 times in 405 posts

Quote Linda Moulton Howe presents a detailed update about the mysterious, unidentified lights, beams and craft seen by at least thirty military men on the last week of December 1980 and other sightings in January 1981, in the Rendlesham Forest between RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge Military Base in England. No one in the U. K. or American governments officially called the event "extraterrestrial" until June 25, 2009. That day former RAF Bentwaters Deputy Base Commander, Col. Charles I. Halt, said in a press release that "the unidentified lights and beams I saw in Rendlesham Forest, were extraterrestrial in origin and that the security services of both the United States and England were and have been complicit in trying to subvert the significance of what occurred at Rendlesham by use of well-practiced methods of disinformation."

Featured in Linda's presentation are former Airman 1st Class, John Burroughs, who was assigned to RAF Bentwaters police duty. John was in Rendlesham Forest on both December 26 and 28, 1980, interacting with the highly strange aerial phenomena. Afterward, some military colleagues thought John either jumped on a craft of unknown origin or was taken upward into a large, aerial light. Even now, thirty years later, John has disturbing dreams and trouble sleeping. John had hypnosis in 1988 that broke through some of his memory block. Then in October 2008, Linda found a hypnotherapist to help John Burroughs remember more about the telepathic lights.

Linda Moulton Howe will also present new details about December 27, 1980, and comments from former RAF Bentwaters Deputy Base Commander Charles I. Halt; former USAF security officer Staff Sgt. James Penniston, who touched a black, glassy, triangular craft; and other military men now coming forward, including a dramatic sighting of a 300-foot-diameter, cigar-shaped craft above the RAF Woodbridge East Gate of the Military Instillation, on January 9, 1981.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swami For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), Flyswim (3rd March 2011), Gardener (3rd March 2011), Gone002 (3rd March 2011)

34. Link to Post #18
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Thanks swami

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone002 For This Post:

36. Link to Post #19
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 times in 405 posts

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swami For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), Gardener (3rd March 2011)

38. Link to Post #20
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

Had to post this link to BBC coverage of most recent UFO files release. This has been features on children's BBC news bulletins all day today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/9413725.stm

Would love to hear people's thoughts on this. I'm not sure what mine are yet.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bodixa For This Post:

Adrift (3rd March 2011), Amenjo (3rd March 2011), Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast