+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: The 1980 Bentwaters/ Rendlesham Forest incident

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: The 1980 Bentwaters/ Rendlesham Forest incident

The Scottish edition of the British newspaper The Sun has (astonishingly!) published what may be real photos of the incident at Rendlesham. Here's the article, dated yesterday.
    (Note: we have a LOT of material about this in the Avalon Library, including the famous 'Halt tape'. All in this folder.)

First ever ‘photos of Britain’s biggest UFO sighting show huge orb flying through woods with beam of light shooting out’

THESE spooky black and white photos allegedly show the UFO at the centre of Britain's biggest ever case for the first time.

They were supposedly taken in Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk by a poacher who claims he saw the same UFO being hunted by a military team from a nearby US airbase.

A new 'witness' has released these photos claiming they show the Rendlesham Forest UFO

One of them appears to show a beam of light shooting out of a giant orb

The witness claims he took them when he was poaching 40 years ago

The alleged witness claims he was 200ft away from Colonel Charles Halt, deputy base commander of RAF Bentwaters, and his men, when he spotted the glowing orb - in an unsolved case often dubbed the British Roswell after the infamous US UFO crash.

He said: "When I was younger, I was a poacher. I lived very close to Rendlesham Forest and frequently went poaching there. So back in 1980, 28 December, I was in the forest poaching.

"Now bear this in mind, before this encounter I saw and heard a lot of strange things in that forest. I could tell you stories that would bend your bones, so every time I went poaching, I always took my camera always hoping to capture some evidence."

The case involved military witnesses from the twin NATO bases RAF Woodbridge and RAF Bentwaters in Suffolk who saw strange lights in late December 1980.

The photos appear to show the orb moving across the sky

The photos appear to show the orb floating through the sky over the trees

The alleged witness says what he saw was 'definitely extra terrestrial'

Two airmen, Staff Sgt Jim Penniston and Airman John Burroughs, claim they got so close to a triangular craft they actually touched it.

Colonel Halt then led a military team into the forest to investigate the sightings.

They also saw strange lights and a red orb with a black centre "winking" back at them and claimed a UFO fired a beam of light near their feet.

Halt later wrote a memo to the MOD describing the freakish incident but it was filed away by defence chiefs.

The poacher said: "I saw a basketball sized red orb, it had a black centre like a pupil and looked just like an eye winking at you, just like Halt explained it.

For the last 40 years the Rendlesham Forest incident has been regarded as Britain's most famous UFO sighting

US Airforce colonel Charles Halt, pictured, led an investigation into the incident

"It was zig zagging between the trees, strange, freaked me out, weird, proper not right, I saw it before Halt.

"It passed me first. Halt and his team were about 200 meters away, I could hear all the noise. Later I saw another UFO - it was firing beams of light down to the ground, definitely looking for something, God knows what.

"I tell you, what I witnessed was simply incredible, definitely extra-terrestrial. No two ways about it.

"You can read books and watch TV shows about it, but I'm telling you, you had to be there to really understand and appreciate just how incredible this thing was, changed my life forever.

"I've sat on this information for over 40 years and it feels good to get it out and show the truth.

"After this thing happened, I was followed for weeks, I had my phone tapped - scary time."

The poacher submitted his photos and story anonymously through the UFO Casebook website, which collects information about UFO sightings from around the world.

Now retired, Halt was sent into the forest to debunk an earlier sighting when he says a UFO fired a beam of light at him and his men British UFO sleuth Philip Mantle, a former director of investigations for the British UFO Research Association, is keeping an open mind on the photos.

He said: "With today's digital technology I have become very wary of any alleged UFO photographs, even more so when the photographer is anonymous as he is here with these pictures.

"Before I could come to any conclusions, I would have to know a lot more detail about the type of camera, the film, the exposure and so on. Remember, if these photos are authentic and taken in 1980, they would be on film and not digital.

"Until I have more information on these photos the jury remains open but I would have to proceed with the utmost caution."
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th May 2021 at 11:37.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (6th May 2021), Bluegreen (6th May 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (29th August 2021), Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), Did You See Them (11th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (23rd September 2023), Harmony (6th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (6th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th May 2021), Mike (6th May 2021), mojo (29th August 2021), mokosh (6th May 2021), Peace in Oz (6th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (6th May 2021), thepainterdoug (6th May 2021), Tintin (6th May 2021), william r sanford72 (6th May 2021), Yoda (6th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #42
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,495 times in 4,309 posts

I'm a little sceptical about these photos. To suddenly 'appear' from nowhere after 40 years, and anonymously, is slightly suspicious. As a photographer myself, in the 80s, and operating almost entirely in black and white at the time, and being very familiar with film types, grain patterns (these look more like video captures), and the speed and exposure (and skill) necessary to capture nighttime images, (taken by an amateur 'poacher'), I'm doubly suspicious.

Very cool if they are for real and that I'm misreading this, but as Mantle says, need a lot more information!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2021), Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), Did You See Them (11th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (23rd September 2023), Harmony (22nd July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (7th May 2021), mojo (29th August 2021), Teresa Yanaros (22nd July 2021), Tintin (22nd July 2021)

5. Link to Post #43
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,596 times in 5,413 posts

Default The Halt Bentwaters audio recording

Quite surprisingly late in the day I see that there isn't a link anywhere here to the tape itself. Further interesting as it was my first submission to the library some four years or so ago, before becoming the librarian

Here it is.

Link: https://avalonlibrary.net/The_Decemb..._Halt_tape.mp3
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 22nd July 2021 at 17:03. Reason: fixed the embed
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2021), Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), ExomatrixTV (23rd September 2023), Harmony (22nd July 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd July 2021), mojo (29th August 2021), mountain_jim (22nd July 2021), pabranno (22nd July 2021)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Teresa Yanaros's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi everyone, all valid points. I love what @Star Mariner said.

I wanted to throw my two cents in here. I am friends with Jim Penniston and sent him this link back in April 2021:
    https://www.unexplained-mysteries.co...to-has-emerged

I asked him what he thought and he said it was definitely fabricated. He then sent me an image of what the craft looked like. It's a pretty cool computer image that I thought I would share with y'all:

If you are interested, I thought I would also share an interview I conducted with Jim back in 2020. Hope you enjoy!

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Teresa Yanaros For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2021), boja (22nd July 2021), DeeMetrios (23rd July 2021), Denise/Dizi (29th August 2021), Did You See Them (22nd July 2021), Ewan (22nd July 2021), ExomatrixTV (24th August 2021), Hym (22nd July 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd July 2021), mojo (29th August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2021), Tintin (22nd July 2021)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

I don't want to be a buzzkill, but I cannot help but look at the image that was created, to depict what Jim saw, and see some major similarities with the stealth bombers, the flying wings, and many other things that people are seeing, and were seeing long before even the stealth type craft were built.... Such as Kenneth Arnold's sighting of the "Flying wing".. The fin at the top for stability, as many aircraft created by human hands.

I was once shown an image that appeared just like one of the craft that is supposedly in Area 51 / S4. I believe it was called the "licorice drop", or something along those lines. It was hovering off of the ground... While it may have been a manned craft, as was claimed, it would have been a single seater if this was the case, as it was more the size of an average military drone.

I know that there have been many throughout time, that have mastered gravity. Mastered creating pockets around their flying devices, and this was done a very long time ago... While some of these may be alien, I have to wonder about those showing up at military bases.. Are they really et? Or belonging to some military, perhaps smaller "Drones" being flown to show the others, "We have this, don't mess with us"... OR they could be having some failures, and the best place to take them in, would be the air base of someone that is an ally. This is just a possible secondary conclusion to the incident. One I always ponder when examining such things..

I believe the crashes in Nevada and New Mexico, as well as many other places, were more our military testing our own creations, and not alien at all... Why push an alien narrative? Well, if it got out that we had alien help, the other militaries of the world may tend to be a bit more cautious of engaging one particular country making such claims... And they could deny having such tech. I try to always consider many options when examining anything...

It reminds me of when "Balloons" were launched into the jet stream, by the Japanese, hoping they would come down in America, with bombs attached to them. Creating stories about possible "aliens crashing" would be a great cover for hiding both from the people, (To avoid mass panic), and those launching such balloons to be sent to America, from learning that they were actually landing!

They were called the Fu-Go balloons... They were testing this in 1945, and very possibly the "balloon" in Roswell, was our own attempt at such things? Or perhaps in 1947, the Japanese were still sending them... Hoping they made it to American soil... Perhaps some did blow up, and those bodies that were buried, were really parts of people that were blown apart by such bombs.. Of course that would be a top secret, and very classified issue in deed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu-Go_balloon_bomb

I just think that those that investigate such things, forget to look to the obvious. Charles Hall, released weather balloons... I am sure they did so, for a very long time, and probably still do.. And perhaps there were "Drones" attached to such things, that had a limited capacity to be flown, so they transported them via balloon. It is easier to fly them on balloons than to truck them across the country where everyone can see them. I always ask "What would I do if I had this or that"... And if I can think of such things, I am sure the brightest military minds have both considered such things an even possibly tried them themselves at some point. I am not saying that this is what happened, just that there are many possibilities we have yet to even consider about many of the things we are investigating.

What I am saying is that Balloon may have been very real, only they may have omitted anything that may have been hanging from it, or attached to it. I laugh when I see articles that suggest a "Weather Balloon" can only carry 12 pounds. A 12 pound bomb could do a ton of damage. But who is to say they were traditional weather balloons being used, when we have hot air balloons that can carry baskets, and many people, for long distances? Who would think to shoot down a balloon?

We have laser tech, aircraft, and I am sure thousands of other things being created and tested all over America... Bases everywhere. I am sure many of those things have crashed, landed unexpectedly, and had problems. I am sure many died in the line of duty testing such things. We have structures all over the planet that we cannot recreate yet. So it begs the question, what about the missing tech? Why were the bases located where they were? Perhaps on top of things that were already there, and dug up? It doesn't need to necessarily be alien technology at all. But perhaps technology that was dug up from our very technological past... And repurposed.

With the HUGE leaps and bounds in the development and deployment of technology of late, in the public realm, it doesn't take a stretch of the imagination to think that perhaps the militaries of the world have far more than we could ever imagine. And have had it for quite some time. We have cloaking tech, levitation tech, and many many other things. We have people who fly black silent helicopters that suggest they are "Giving the illusion" of being ufo's.. Etc. It could very well be that some of the secret societies that seemingly run this world, aren't developing new things but REBUILDING their empires, as the masses get to the point where they can understand what it is they are "back engineering".

Having said all of that, I have had my own "Experiences" with "Supposed et".. And I had to wonder and investigate what kind of tech we have that could produce the same results, and I found that we do have much of it, if not all of it, if we look hard enough. So while I do nto deny what I experienced, I do question who created them, and why...

It seems we hit a tipping point around the 1940's. Prior to that people were telling of "Meeting others" upon cave exploration... Speaking of "Others" often.. And then things began to disappear. Books, maps, etc. Everything went secret.

All I know is that we are far from the truth... And as many others suggest, perhaps we need not look to the skies for "Others" when they may be walking alongside us now. And we just don't recognize them as such.

I do hope that we get some truth soon however. It is time...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Axman (30th August 2021), ExomatrixTV (23rd September 2023), mojo (29th August 2021)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Wow the photos of the ORBs, thank you so much for posting them... seen something very similar in Oregon. The object aimed a pinprick of light directly at me in the woods back in 2011, it happened about three times. On the third time I decided to start filming and this is what showed up. I called it an orb in my first upload but many years later in watching and analysis realized there was something behind the bright light. In one of Bills posts of the orb there is observed a surface area dimly lit around it which illuminates also in the vid posted below.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (23rd September 2023)

13. Link to Post #47
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,643 times in 20,814 posts

• TRUE STORY: When The US Airforce Encountered UFO's:

Michael Aspel introduces stories of the unexplained, told through eyewitness accounts and reconstructions. From ghostly experiences to miracle cures, strange phenomena such as sea monsters, alien abductions and near death experiences, and tales of the downright weird, the stories are certainly strange... but are they true? This fascinating episode looks at one of the most common paranormal sightings - the UFO. We hear of one sighting in particular, at a US airbase in Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk, which is claimed was covered up by the Ministry of Defence. This film was first broadcast: 09 Dec 1994
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ewan (3rd August 2023), Mari (23rd September 2023)

15. Link to Post #48
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,643 times in 20,814 posts

• The Rendlesham UFO Encounter and the Alien Message from the Future:

The Rendlesham UFO Encounter and the Alien Message from the Future

The night after Christmas, 1980, was the last time Airman First Class John Burroughs would ever lead a normal life.

He was on patrol at an American-operated Woodbridge Air Force base in southern England. Woodbridge and nearby Bentwaters - called the Twin Bases were rumored to possess nuclear materials. This was the middle of the Cold War, and tensions were high.

The threat of nuclear attack, global escalation, and more, sat heavy on the shoulders of Burroughs and his fellow servicemen. But their job was simple: keep themselves, their nation, and their allies safe.

So, Burroughs conducted his nightly rounds, checking the perimeter for anything that threatened the peace.
    Suddenly, a bright light descended from the sky. Then another. Burroughs watched as the lights fell into the forest surrounding the base.

When he and his team arrived to inspect the crash site, they were worried it was a Soviet incursion. But, what they found was far more terrifying than anything the Soviets could think of.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3