+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wound Healing W/Out a Doctor

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 times in 326 posts

Default Wound Healing W/Out a Doctor

Hi Guys,
    I found this product which appears to might come in very handy to have on hand when no other medical assistance is around. This product is usefull for the following:
    Suggested Use:
    DermaWound: Post-Burn Ulcers;Non-Healing Lacerations; Traumatic Ulcers; Spider Bite Ulcers
    Amputee Stumps; Chronic or Re-occuring Wounds. (No refrigeration.)
    http://www.progressivedoctors.com/

1. Rapid Pain Relief.
    2. Rapid Flushing of Infection from chronic and acute wounds.
    3. Rapid decrease in inflamation and erythema (swelling & redness).
    4. Bacterialcidal activity against a broad range of microorganisms, including
    resistant bacteria (i.e. MRSA, VRE, e. Coli), viruses & fungi.
    5. Rapidly pulls out Osteomyelitis in exposed bone.
    6. Requirement for skin grafting is eliminated, even with large areas of tissue damage. This will be a result of natural skin island formation on the healthy granulation
    tissue with subsequent covering by epithelium.
    7. The Wounds heal without a scab - from the outside, in - and from the
    bottom, up. Edges of wound will "feel" and appear to be "pulling" together.
    8. Minimal or no major scarring. Very few Keloids, even in dark skin.
    9. Relatively painless therapy due to the water solubility of the product.
    This results in non-adhereance of the dressings to the wound with subsequent decreased requirements for analgesia.
    Last edited by yiolas; 2nd April 2010 at 22:54.
    Blessings,
    Yiola

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yiolas For This Post:

Franny (25th January 2011), Heyoka_11 (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (20th November 2011), shadowstalker (9th September 2011), sister (6th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Default Re: Wound Healing W/Out a Doctor

Thank you Yiola this looks really interesting. I have a friend who gets boils a lot I will send the link to him.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Thanks Yiola, good info!

Peace

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

Sounds quite good. I saved it in my favorites list thankyou.

6. Link to Post #5
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Excellent find Yiolas thank you. It looks like a good dose/blend of natural products:
    Ingredients:
    Domestic & International Patented and/or Patent Pending Proprietary Formulations:
    Original Formula: Poly-Saccharide Blend; Povidone-Iodine USP; Poly-Mineral Blend;
    Citric Acid; Dibasic Sodium Phosphate; Nonoxynol-9; Glycerin; Carrageenan; Silica;
    1-Octadecanol; 1-Hexadecanol & Purified Water.
    Original Hypo Allergenic Formula: See above; Minus Povidone-Iodine, Nonoxynol-9 & Benzocaine.
    Venous Stasis Formula: See above; + Benzocaine USP.
    Venous Stasis Hypo Allergenic Formula: See above; minus Povidone-Iodine & Nonoxynol-9;
    + Benzocaine USP

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 times in 326 posts

I'm glad you guys agree that it might be a handy product to have around.
    Blessings,
    Yiola

8. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

and for smaller cuts/injuries (by kitchen knife and similar) tried and tested is st john's wart infused in good grade oliive or other oil...get a plant flowers (very common plant, dried is perfectly good) and infuse it in oil by letting it sit for some 4 weeks in a dark glass bottle away from the day light...when the oil has turned RED, means it's ready to use.. store in in a dark cabinet...IT WORKS WONDERS...heals superficial woulds/cuts in no time...i always have it.

for burns and scolds - crack an egg open: apply a generous layer of yolk on the affected area as soon as accident happens... it will take the pain out and you won't even develop blisters... it's amazing how quickly it works... l

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lightblue For This Post:

Floor (9th September 2011), red_rose (26th April 2011), silvervioletrubie (18th February 2011), witchy1 (21st January 2011)

10. Link to Post #8
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

MMS for superficial burns - gone in a flash

11. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Oil of Oregano. Useful for a wide variety of things, including healing cuts and skin issues, can also be taken internally.

12. Link to Post #10
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,348 times in 21,474 posts

I use Manuka Honey for healing of small wounds. It is made by bees feeding on the flowers of the tea tree plant (source of the well known 'tea tree oil').

13. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Manuka honey can be quite effective even for very serious wounds that refuse to heal... even MRSA.
    I really like silvadine cream for ulcer wounds but requires an RX. But if you go to mexico stock up.
    And lugols iodine is what is called for if there is serious infection too. Educate yourself on Lugols iodine
    it is essential for any home medicine kit.. for many many condiitons. My doctor tells me of breast cancer cured
    with lugols alone...

Personally, I am not too impressed with what is in the Dermawound product and it would only be called for wounds that are difficult to heal in such situations like pre-exisitng disease like diabetes, vascular disease.
    and such.. I would not use it for serious infections... it will not cut the mustard..... and this type of product is generally for the elderly who are comprimised with vascular issues.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 25th January 2011 at 20:07.

14. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

All wound healing kits should have sutures for deeper wounds and steri strips. Steri strips can be used on many wounds that some docs would routinely stitch. To get them to work well you need some stuff called skin prep so they stay on longer.

Also pick up some tubes of neomycin triple antibiotic ointment.. Now a very few people are sensitive to this stuff, but most are not. The reason to have this is that it works very well for all kinds of eye infections. Apply at night only for pink eye. Some infections may require 2 x day.. its down side is that it is greasy can blurrs the vision because of it... but it works just as well as a prescription eye antibiotic. Always treat infections for at least 3 days after all symtoms are gone and things seem clear. Colloidal silver rinses to the eyes 2 to 4 times a day can be effective too.

Bacitracin is a good choice for skin wounds as it will kill staph.. and even most MRSA will succumb to it if it is applied as soon as the wound happens... so it is a good preventative for serious infection. I would not be without it.

Lugol's iodine will take care of most topical local wounds.. but it will burn if put on full strength. Cut a 5% lugols solution 50 50 with water for topical wounds. It will kill topical fungus and cure some eczemas, which are likely fungus too. Do a search crow's lugols iodine. He has good articles on its use on his site. All physicians used it once upon a time before the advent of antibiotis. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have as a part of your surival kit

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

fifi (7th February 2011), silvervioletrubie (18th February 2011)

16. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member FJMcD's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrowwind, was it you that I read on one of the many posts that I'm trying to get through who has helped people with propoer MMS1 and MMS2 usage/dosage? Do you know who could help me with that. I have ordered the book and it should be arriving in the next couple of days.

Thank you all for such wonderful loving words that I find everywhere I look.

Frankie Jane

17. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member LiveFree's Avatar
    Thanks

Please don't think of this as a stupid question but do you put the honey directly on the wound? Or is it ingested? Or both? Thanks!

18. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I would not count any longer on Jims book for proper dosage info unless the book has been updated... and I have not heard that it has been... just consider it a donation to his project. Go to Jims website for the most current info.

www.jimhumble.biz

There you will learn everything you need to know about how to use MMS in its many applications.

I am not that familiar with MMS2 having not used it and I tend not to recommend or counsel on too many things that I have not used myself.

I am going to be traveling, leaving in about 8 days for several months so will have limited internet access so if you want the best personal advice on using MMS I would join this forum.. I generally hang out here a lot but I know there are several people on this forum who are very experienced with mms1 and some with mms2 who can answer your questions... for individual personalized concerns.. but please read Jims website because it tells the best for all the generals on their uses.

www.natmedtalk.com

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

FJMcD (25th January 2011), silvervioletrubie (18th February 2011)

20. Link to Post #16
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

livefree
    You apply it directly to the sore or burn, read this for a better explanation.
    Use raw honey.
    http://www.dermnetnz.org/treatments/honey.html

21. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LiveFree (here)
    Please don't think of this as a stupid question but do you put the honey directly on the wound? Or is it ingested? Or both? Thanks!
    You put it directly on the wound, daily until the healing starts to show and drainage decreases significantly. Always change dressings daily or twice a day or even more if a wound is draining a lot.. ... keep applying it until the wound is fully healed.

To rinse a wound choose noraml saline....salt water, its a good choice. It should be sterile, boiling for 5 minutes does it, cap it in a steril bottle. make new every 24 hours.

Then when it starts to look better you can decrease dressing changes to every other day, then to once every 4 days, etc. But I am really into looking a a wound daily because if it takes a turn for the worst you want to know as soon as possible.. often just peeking under the dressing is sufficient in many cases... its a judgement call.

Other honey besides manuka is known to work but it needs to be raw first and formost, and then organic if you can find it.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 25th January 2011 at 23:07.

22. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member TWINNICK's Avatar
    Thanks

I will use honey or even raw sugar to heal wounds or cuts, works very well (bee's aren't dumb) and if you mix a little cinnamon with it and have a table spoon once or twice a day I read somewhere it has an anti viral anti bacteria anti parasite effect on your system.

I carry a good collection of sawing needles and poly thread and 100 yards of dental floss in my kit, these are very strong and can be used to stitch yourselves up(or someone else) if you have to. I would also run some honey on the thread before I started stitching to help with antiseptic/healing.

..Nick..

23. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Sterile suture kits are not hard to buy on line. For deep wounds with internal stitiches you need cat gut thread... I think thats kind of an old term but it suture thread for internal suturing

Always steri strips are safer for wounds not so deep as opposed to suturing.. you can purchase long ones on line and cut to length

24. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member LiveFree's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the info everyone. I have always heard that raw honey was a good antibiotic substitute. I will have to look around here locally and see what I can find. I'll recommend it to my sister as well. She's a nurse (with an open mind )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast