1. Link to Post #21
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,350 times in 21,475 posts

Default Re: Wound Healing W/Out a Doctor

Quote Posted by LiveFree (here)
    Thanks for the info everyone. I have always heard that raw honey was a good antibiotic substitute. I will have to look around here locally and see what I can find. I'll recommend it to my sister as well. She's a nurse (with an open mind )
    Yes - honey works. Manuka, which you can find on-line from New Zealand, is especially good.

I think of it this way: honey has much concentrated nutritional value, but is stored by bees without refrigeration for long periods of time inside their hives. So they must be adding something to it that keeps it from going bad.

I once burnt my wrist. I caught my metal watch band in my car battery terminal. The watch band links were welded together from the instant heat. I could see my bare wrist bone. Fortunately no critical nerves or tendons were fried. All I ever did was apply honey to the wound and a bandage. It started healing up right away, and within three weeks, I could no longer tell which wrist I had fried without looking under the light closely.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

LiveFree (27th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Australia Avalon Member TWINNICK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ThePythonicCow (here)
    Yes - honey works. Manuka, which you can find on-line from New Zealand, is especially good.

I think of it this way: honey has much concentrated nutritional value, but is stored by bees without refrigeration for long periods of time inside their hives. So they must be adding something to it that keeps it from going bad.

I once burnt my wrist. I caught my metal watch band in my car battery terminal. The watch band links were welded together from the instant heat. I could see my bare wrist bone. Fortunately no critical nerves or tendons were fried. All I ever did was apply honey to the wound and a bandage. It started healing up right away, and within three weeks, I could no longer tell which wrist I had fried without looking under the light closely.

HI, Manuka is good but any honey is just as good. and no you don't need any treatment for honey to make it last longer.Bee's now what there doing LOL.

I believe I saw a story once a while back about someone finding a clay pot of honey in a pyramid that was said to be 5000 years old, it was candied, but when they added some mild heat to it it returned to its natural runny self and was perfectly good to eat.

Tea tree oil is another good antiseptic/anti viral/anti bacterial as well, or you can just plonk some leaves into hot water and you have a nice brew(which is were it got its name from) The tea tree, its an old bushies treat. Back in the gold rush days thats all some people had available to them for making a cuppa tea, I believe the Ozzy Aboriginals taught the new comers quite a few things about the bush foods and medicinal properties of many plants and herbs and even grubs and insects.

The tea tree is quite common in Australia as is Manuka honey and there are many other cures and fixits from Mother Nature.

If you want to see some good stuff about all this just look up THE BUSH TUCKER MAN. he's an Ozzy ex Major from the Australian army who's job was to go off into the bush in far north Australia and gather info from the local Aboriginals about what bush foods and remedies were available to use for our troops if we needed to know. It was such a success that they turned it into a t.v series. You can get a 4 dvd pack from the ABC shop,its very educational to say the least.

You can eat every wild grass seed on the planet apparently, not to mention a lot of insects are rich in protein and carbs and vitamins and minerals with no bad fats, although it might be an aquired taste LOL.

If I had to I would eat insects to keep myself alive( didn't Elija keep himself alive by eating wild honey and locusts).

The Aboriginals would treat snake bite victims by burying them up to there neck in soft sand to imobalize the whole body under a nice shady tree and sit with them for days and let them sip water, just so the poison would only travel slowly through the circulation system so they had a much better chance of coping, apparently it was quite an effective treatment which says a lot because out of all the most deadly snakes in the world most of them are here,LOL.

..Nick..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TWINNICK For This Post:

LiveFree (27th January 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

I'm lucky to have a certified herbologist in my part of the world, and she collects wild herbs, tree parts (bark, roots, leaves, needles, etc.), and lichens from our local boreal forests to make some of her medicines. (She also teaches others how to make them.)

I know this will probably not be valuable for those outside the US (and maybe Canada) as shipping would be too high, but her products are very inexpensive and very effective.

I love the "Boreal Forest Triple Antibiotic Salve" (which is also anti-fungal.)

Pam Thompson is her name, and her little cottage industry is called Giving Ground

Dennis

p.s. I have a friend that got a terrible outbreak of exzema and nothing the doctors prescribed would help, but Boreal Forest Triple Antibiotic Salve did

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

LiveFree (27th January 2011), ThePythonicCow (27th January 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 times in 419 posts

Quote Posted by TWINNICK (here)

raw sugar to heal wounds or cuts

..Nick..
    Love this thread. We need to teach others.

Ive been into alternative healing my entire life. Used mostly natural methods raising my children, whom I mostly had at home, without even a midwife. (Hospitals close by as a precautionary.)

The sugar, even plain white, is excellent for healing wounds that have become infected. I believe it's because white sugar, has had the enzymes destroyed in the processing, so it 'seeks' it out. I read about a man who had gangrene when he was in the outback alone, and couldn't get medical treatment. He made a poultice out of sugar and saved his leg.

Ground cayenne pepper will stop bleeding, almost instantly. This is one I have had a lot of experience with.

Cayenne is also good as a poultice to draw out toxins. Had a friend whose 4 yr. old had stepped on a rusty nail, in an area where they had there small farm animals...she cleaned it immediately but within a day, it got to where the veins in the foot, and starting to go up the leg, were turning black. She used the cayenne poultice and it cleared it up within hrs. (Her mom was an herbalist, so she knew a lot about herbs.)

I am aware of herbs that can remove tumors and even combat the BIG-C, which is NOT big to me since I've seen too many success stories.

I'm 62 and free of any health issues, as are all of my grown children (who were NOT vaccinated).

(Sorry if I offend anyone who's a professional healthcare worker, but really, it works, and why can't I spread it as much as all those paid-ads on TV are doing.)

IT'S ABOUT CHOICE.

If anyone has particular questions, PM me. I will direct you to specifics.
    Last edited by slvrfx; 27th January 2011 at 14:08.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slvrfx For This Post:

Floor (9th September 2011), LiveFree (27th January 2011), TWINNICK (28th January 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by slvrfx (here)
    Love this thread. We need to teach others.

The sugar, even plain white, is excellent for healing wounds that have become infected. I believe it's because white sugar, has had the enzymes destroyed in the processing, so it 'seeks' it out. I read about a man who had gangrene when he was in the outback alone, and couldn't get medical treatment. He made a poultice out of sugar and saved his leg.

(Sorry if I offend anyone who's a professional healthcare worker, but really, it works, and why can't I spread it as much as all those paid-ads on TV are doing.)

Hello,

I am a health care worker (pharmacist) and I can vouch for the sugar.

Syrups are made with a sugar content greater than 70% to inhibit bacterial and mold growth.

I had a customer many years ago who would pack an abcess in his cattle with dry sugar with good success.

It works as an osmotic dessicant literally sucking the fluid out of living organisms.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to baggywrinkle For This Post:

slvrfx (27th January 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,350 times in 21,475 posts

Quote Pam Thompson is her name, and her little cottage industry is called Giving Ground
    Thanks, Dennis. My son has begun learning the healing arts. Earlier this week, he mentioned to me that he hoped to study herbs as part of this.

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Another very old story I heard(have not tried it yet, but I will) is to pack a wound or cut with a spiders web, to stop the bleeding.

I've been told that it works very well.

Native Australian bee's don't have a sting, so you can gather their honey and larvae for food and the wax cones can be used for repairing items, even be used just for something to chew on.

It would be very pure honey and good for all honey's great medicinal purposes.

..Nick..

13. Link to Post #28
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

Hi Twinnick, the plant 'fennel' will do the same thing. I've used it on myself in the past. Laid on a wound and bandaged, will stop bleeding and speeds up wound healing. Fennel grows wild in many places.

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Just remembered another one which I have used heaps of times over the years, I used to get cuts on my fingers in the workshop (jeweller) and was so into what I was doing and didn't want to stop doing what I was doing because of a band aid or bandage.

You need to hold very small pieces sometimes, so I would superglue the wound shut, wait until it dried(a couple of minutes ) and then keep on working. It never fails to work and lasts through a couple of washes or showers with out any scrubbing of course and if you have to,you can add more super glue .

Cyanoacrylate (spelling) is the stuff but I have used other types. Pasco superglue is what I have in my first aid kit now.

I believe super glue was invented during the Vietnam war, I have read somewhere about it years ago. A mash doctor in Vietnam got in contact with a scientist he knew back in the USA and asked him to come up with something quick setting to hold cut and severed veins and arteries closed so he could get on with fixing other parts of wounded soldiers instead of the long time it took to stitch them up(micro surgery not really being an option in a hurry).

So after a few trial and errors they came across a formula that actually did what they were trying to achieve. Super glue was born.

..Nick..

15. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    Hi Twinnick, the plant 'fennel' will do the same thing. I've used it on myself in the past. Laid on a wound and bandaged, will stop bleeding and speeds up wound healing. Fennel grows wild in many places.

Hi Icecold: Yes thanks for that, its everywhere. See it all growing wild by the side of the roads.

I just learnt something new, more to add to my memory banks me calls the grey matter. LOL.

..Nick..

16. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TWINNICK (here)
    Another very old story I heard(have not tried it yet, but I will) is to pack a wound or cut with a spiders web, to stop the bleeding.

I've been told that it works very well.

Native Australian bee's don't have a sting, so you can gather their honey and larvae for food and the wax cones can be used for repairing items, even be used just for something to chew on.

It would be very pure honey and good for all honey's great medicinal purposes.

..Nick..
    Hi Nick,
    Just want to say that my dad fell off a ladder when he was very young and his grandmother packed his wound with spider web. It did in fact stop the bleeding, and when my grandmother (his mom) later took him to see a GP, the doctor told her that most of those old-time remedies really do work.

--sis

17. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Saw this today on the Survivalist blog and wanted to share: How to Make and Use Spruce Pitch Salve http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/su...e-pitch-salve/

Some uses, according to the author:
    Use on spider and other insect bites and stings
    To prevent or cure infections of ugly scrapes
    As a natural, safe and effective underarm deodorant
    As a lip balm and hand cream to help kill germs and prevent illness
    To increase circulation and speed healing of a sprained ankle
    It makes homemade soap smell fantastic!

18. Link to Post #33
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

I haven't any of the posts on this thread, I'm responding to the title. My family and I have been learning about remedies for injuries and healing in difficult times and are learning and collecting medical type supplies.

This week I was faced with my pregnant having been caught in a wire fence and most of the flesh taken off the front of her leg!! Nasty! She has lost a front flexor tendon, but is putting weight on the leg tenderly. With the idea in mind that there may not be vets available in the future I thought I would allow it to heal by itself with the aid of manuca honey. I have used this on horses very successfully. Anyway, I'm not the best of nurses being rather squeamish so ended up getting the vet in on Easter Sunday!!$$$$$. He gave her all the necessary shots and bandaged the leg. That evening I met a cattle rancher from Canada, and after describing my poor mare, he said to take off the bandages, hose her leg with cold water two or three times a day, and throw powdered lime onto the wound. He reckons thats all they do with their working horses and wounds heal fine, with no proud flesh. Sooo, this is what I have done. If this works the way this Canadian rancher said it will, it's a very cheap and effective healing remedy, that doesn't need costly or unavailable vets

19. Link to Post #34
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

What I find interesting is that the Ancient Egyptians treated bad wounds as follows: - 1. Slap a piece of raw meat on the wound to stop bleeding. 2. Apply a thick layer of honey, finally, when closed, apply a poultice of mouldy bread.
    I would like to know how they developed or knew about this, and why it took so long for the west to discover penicillin.

I don't propose to know the full biochemistry of their system, but I presume the red blood cells of both the meat and body part would clot quicker in proximity to the wrong blood type. Honey as we know is a good antibacterial, and the mouldy bread contains penecillin.
    I used to keep bees, and there is a product called propylis which is a redish brown and used by the bees as glue. Mixed with a small ammount of alcohol it becomes tincture of propylis - and is excellent at covering mouth ulcers.
    Daniel 12 9-10 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. "

20. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

Quote Posted by yiolas (here)
    I'm glad you guys agree that it might be a handy product to have around.
    Any info or product that keeps me from seeing a doctor is handy product
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

21. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

If you cut yourself out in the woods with no FAK, you can use a Birch Polypore fungus (google it) as a temp self adhesive dressing. If, in your provisions you have Honey, then that is the perfect antiseptic to use on wounds. It kills germs and aids healing.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours.

twitter:@armleywhite

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2