+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 9 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Crazy China! Forty People Broke into the 4th Branch of Our Community Without Any Lawful Documents!

1. Link to Post #161
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,836 times in 3,731 posts

Default Re: Crazy China! Forty People Broke into the 4th Branch of Our Community Without Any Lawful Documents!

Thanks for this update.

I am with you, together with others here, in our thoughts every day trying to help this get resolved peacefully.
    Last edited by Anchor; 11th December 2013 at 00:21.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

mosquito (15th December 2013), panopticon (11th December 2013), Realeyes (11th December 2013), Violet (10th December 2013), Wind (10th December 2013), xidaijena (11th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #162
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

Default Re: Crazy China! Forty People Broke into the 4th Branch of Our Community Without Any Lawful Documents!

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    Thanks for this update.

I am with you, together with others here, in our thoughts every day trying to help this get resolved peacefully.
    Thank you very much, dear brother. We know many of you are with us all the time. I decide to share some kind posts here on our Chinese internal webiste. Because many of living chanyuan celestials in our community can't speak English nor read English very well. Now I have time to share all your love with my sisters and brothers in the Second Home. Maybe I can also share their replies here with all of you. I'm so grateful to God that all of you here make me feel we are already one big family in our heart. Hugs to all of you.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Agape (14th December 2013), Anchor (11th December 2013), gigha (15th December 2013), mosquito (15th December 2013), panopticon (14th December 2013), Realeyes (11th December 2013), Wind (12th December 2013)

5. Link to Post #163
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi dear all, the news has already updated both on #1 post and my website:

Quote Dec 09, 2013

The 1st branch: Three representatives from local Village Committee came and told us that in the last four years, we never do anything against law or make troubles to villagers, but we need to get ready to leave the place, they suggested us to:

1. Estimate the compensation amount we expect to get
    2. Check where else we can move to in China

We replied that as long as we are advised by central government that we are an illegal organization, we will leave the place immediately, but now, we do not plan to leave because we did not breach the lease contract or do anything illegal.

The whole conversation was conducted in a friendly atmosphere.

Dec 10, 2013

The 4th branch: Representatives from Lincang City Forestry Bureau came again and issued us a penalty decision letter saying that we must pay a fine of 168,012 RMB within the next fifteen days, and the property must be restored to its original condition within the next two months. If we do not agree, we can apply for a reconsideration within 60 days, or file a lawsuit in local court.
    Source:http://lifechanyuan.org/bbs/forum.ph...xtra=#pid21783

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

panopticon (14th December 2013), Realeyes (11th December 2013)

7. Link to Post #164
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank God! Just now a Beijing-based reporter for AFP (L'Agence France-Presse) contacted me that he wants to come to see the situation in our community.

We really welcome more foreign reporters in China to our community, if anyone who knows those reporters, please tell me, thank you very much, hugs to all of you here.

Our official e-mail: lifechanyuan@sina.cn

My personal e-mail: da007wz@sina.com
    Last edited by xidaijena; 11th December 2013 at 13:14.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

mosquito (15th December 2013), panopticon (14th December 2013), Realeyes (11th December 2013), Rocky_Shorz (11th December 2013), transiten (15th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #165
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 times in 735 posts

Hi Jena,

Thank you for updating us with the latest official developments regarding your communities.

I have re-read your update yet left slightly confused. The representatives say 1st branch must prepare to leave, decide compensation and look for another area in China. I do not understand why they say this, what is their meaning and reason backing these words? They say you have done nothing unlawful, caused no trouble with the villagers etc. If you have NOT broken any laws, and live within the lease contract rules, why do you have to prepare to leave? It makes no sense. I wish you all the very best with appealing with central government and hope that they see what a benefit you are to the local environment and villagers.

I am wondering regarding your 2nd branch if there is a way to appeal to the official body, showing your photographs of how you have turned a wasteland into an Eco environment that enhances the land and its beauty that does not 'take' but rather 'promotes life' sustainably in harmony with Nature.

These are pictures taken from your communities website.

As to branch 2: The original land prior to your community arriving, already had at some point in time a type of agricultural farming activity upon it with the long large building and was disused and the land turned to waste land. To my eyes, all you have done is dismantled the long old building and added the little sleeping quarter buildings on the exact site, extending only a little more than the original occupied land. Have you calculated the cubic feet of the original building and then compared this to what cubic feet of buildings you have now? This may be helpful in your appeal.

No trees seemed to have been felled, you simply made use of the open land and built upon what was already there improving the site, and its value creating small sleeping quarters for all whom work on the land growing crops. I am wondering if the land lease was just for agricultural purposes only, and due to people living on the land this is what the license lease did not agree to? Have you been able to go through carefully what the lease for branch 2 permitted? This would be useful in order to appeal and discover why they are wanting to fine you so much. What is it that they believe you have supposedly 'damaged' to receive such a high fine?????

The more you can understand 'what' the officials are complaining about, will help you when you apply for 'reconsideration'. IF the officials are able to see with your many photos and perhaps even a guided tour of your community showing them all that you have done improving and creating a harmonious eco community that works alongside with Nature, 'enchancing' rather than 'taking', perhaps you can change their minds. Explain to them that growing crops organically and naturally by hand power (opposed to heavy industrial machinery) requires more farmers to tend the land.

Do you have a team in your community that is working on this who know how to present all your efforts in a positive way that enhances the local environment. The more positive proof you can offer to the officials, the better these appeals will hopefully go towards your favour.

Jena your last set of photos are beautiful, thank you for sharing your timeline. It is clear that you all are very joyful of life, peaceful within your souls, people that really love and relate with each other and have many happy memories of living this 'new' way. Memories are precious and can never be stolen. You all hold gold within your memories.

Like many others, your communities remain in my loving focus prayers.

I so truly hope you will be able to convince officials that living sustainably working alongside Nature is something humans have done as gentle farmers since time began. Technology although it has many benefits, it has sadly becoming all too consuming leading humanity astray from our connected relationship with Nature's natural environment, ways and seasons. Since the western industrial age our Earth has been ravaged of its sources through greed, this is not sustainable - Humanities Future is on a thin thread, lifestyles have to change if our children's children are to have a beautiful world to live in. If you can appeal to the officials via their humanity, pure reason, and also long sight for their children's children's futures and the ongoingness of humanity living upon this Earth, perhaps you will make sense to them.

Keep up the great work, the Future needs people like you. You all have many skills that will assist others, especially on how it is possible to live in harmony upon this world peacefully together where true relationships and communication between people and the land is possible.

Godspeed
    Realeyes X

10. Link to Post #166
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Realeyes (here)
    Hi Jena,

Thank you for updating us with the latest official developments regarding your communities.
    Hi dear sister, it's time for me to get off line to learn values from 7 pm to 9 pm (time in my place is now 6:37 pm), I will reply you after learning values. Hugs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Realeyes (11th December 2013)

12. Link to Post #167
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Realeyes (here)
    Hi Jena,

Quote I wish you all the very best with appealing with central government and hope that they see what a benefit you are to the local environment and villagers.
    I hope too, may God bless us. I remember your advice before, that's so useful to us. Now our Guide Xuefeng also decides to build a good relationship with the villagers.

Quote Have you calculated the cubic feet of the original building and then compared this to what cubic feet of buildings you have now? This may be helpful in your appeal.
    We did it and we had built more buildings, that is the fact.

Quote Have you been able to go through carefully what the lease for branch 2 permitted? This would be useful in order to appeal and discover why they are wanting to fine you so much. What is it that they believe you have supposedly 'damaged' to receive such a high fine?????

Do you have a team in your community that is working on this who know how to present all your efforts in a positive way that enhances the local environment. The more positive proof you can offer to the officials, the better these appeals will hopefully go towards your favour.
    They just find more excuses to dismiss us. We have arranged some brothers and sisters who are good at negotiation to solve it. The longer it lasts, the better we are.

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, dear sister.

Quote If you can appeal to the officials via their humanity, pure reason, and also long sight for their children's children's futures and the ongoingness of humanity living upon this Earth, perhaps you will make sense to them.
    We will try our best to do that. But hope God gives us more love energy.

Quote Keep up the great work, the Future needs people like you. You all have many skills that will assist others, especially on how it is possible to live in harmony upon this world peacefully together where true relationships and communication between people and the land is possible.
    Thank you very much, dear sister. We will keep up our community forever.

BTW... dear sister, do you have FB? Can you add me?

https://www.facebook.com/xidaicelestial

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

panopticon (14th December 2013), Realeyes (11th December 2013)

14. Link to Post #168
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Notice: Accept Government's Directive to Dissolve the Second Home of Lifechanyuan

Xuefeng
    12th December 2013

(Translated by Kaer and Conglong)

The Government has explicitly told us that the Second Home of Lifechanyuan must be dissolved. We will implement this government directive from today.

We wish to thank all friends in China and overseas who care about the Second Home. Thank you for all the love you have shown and efforts you have made to help us, you may stop now as the Second Home no longer exists.

All Brothers and Sisters of the Second Home, please note that I failed to bring you happiness, but brought you troubles and tribulations. I kneel down before all of you and ask for your forgiveness.

There is no single soul in the universe that is being mistreated. All is running in Tao. This is not the government's fault, nor is it the fault of the Communist Party, nor is it the fault of the local government, but the arrangement of Tao. Please do not resent or blame anyone, we accept the arrangement of Tao.

Please keep a beautiful soul until we die. Please still revere the Greatest Creator, revere LIFE and nature. And maintain the harmony among people, the harmony with society, and the harmony with nature. We have never hurt anyone or any other life being, please still keep this spirit.

We pray for the government to give us enough time to find homes and settle the survival matter of 150 members including the seniors and kids. Except for the relevant government department, please do not send other government officials to give us more pressure. We also pray for the government to persuade the villagers not to harass us or make more destruction, please let us leave quietly and in an orderly manner to go back to our home town.

We pray that if possible, the government will persuade the villagers to reconnect the electricity at the 4th branch because we need it now.

All permanent residents of the community, please let us live in peace and with calmness. We are one of the most civilized group in the world. In any case, we will not do anything extreme, and we believe the government will ultimately and properly solve everyone's survival issues.

As for me, I will be the last to leave.

Source:http://lifechanyuan.org/bbs/forum.ph...xtra=#pid21826

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Agape (15th December 2013), Anchor (14th December 2013), loungelizard (14th December 2013), mosquito (15th December 2013), panopticon (14th December 2013), Realeyes (14th December 2013), Wind (14th December 2013)

16. Link to Post #169
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,836 times in 3,731 posts

I am very sorry to read of the fall of one of the "outer" manifestations of your "celestial" community.

We all know that China is not fertile ground for challenging ideas of this kind and new ways of living. My impression is that China, like many other governments round the world, views "unregulated" spirituality as a threat to the system of government currently in place, but nature has shown us time and time again, it can be overcome.

The seed has been planted, and the shoots have grown - cut short before maturity.

The root's of the "second home" are metaphysical, transcending time and space. I am convinced that this plant will spring forth in unexpected ways later and carry on with further transformations of the nature of our reality.

This was not a failure.

Many of you will move on and continue to inspire.

I remain focused on a peaceful resolution.

Anchor..

------

About five weeks ago, along the driveway into my farm there was Acacia tree which became diseased and fell. It was only about 12 years old.

It was a bit sad to see it go, but we cleared it away leaving a stump. We thought we may plant some other shrubs there later when we have more time.

Yesterday we noticed that five little baby Acacia's had sprouted in arc about two meters from the stump of the original one!

Of course, this made us happy.

Seems that this is the way of things - somethings have to go to make way for even more and even better things.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Agape (14th December 2013), mosquito (15th December 2013), panopticon (14th December 2013), Realeyes (14th December 2013), Shikasta (15th December 2013), Wind (14th December 2013), xidaijena (15th December 2013)

18. Link to Post #170
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Here's an idea....why not try starting a branch outside of China!

Say...in Nepal?

Worked for Tibetans escaping the kind of imperialism you're encountering. Just sayin.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

xidaijena (15th December 2013)

20. Link to Post #171
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yesterday we received a notice from 1st branch landlord and the local Town government. They noticed us to leave before Dec 20. The landlord said he wrote the date on Jan 30, but the local town government changed the date to Dec 20, which means they want 70-80 people of 1st branch to leave in 5-6 days. They don't promise to give us any compensation. Even when we agreed to leave, they still push us every day. There is no laws or constitutions in their eyes, and we will not cooperate with them anymore!

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Agape (15th December 2013), mosquito (19th December 2013), panopticon (15th December 2013), Realeyes (15th December 2013)

22. Link to Post #172
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    I am very sorry to read of the fall of one of the "outer" manifestations of your "celestial" community.

We all know that China is not fertile ground for challenging ideas of this kind and new ways of living. My impression is that China, like many other governments round the world, views "unregulated" spirituality as a threat to the system of government currently in place, but nature has shown us time and time again, it can be overcome.

The seed has been planted, and the shoots have grown - cut short before maturity.

The root's of the "second home" are metaphysical, transcending time and space. I am convinced that this plant will spring forth in unexpected ways later and carry on with further transformations of the nature of our reality.

This was not a failure.

Many of you will move on and continue to inspire.

I remain focused on a peaceful resolution.

Anchor..

------

About five weeks ago, along the driveway into my farm there was Acacia tree which became diseased and fell. It was only about 12 years old.

It was a bit sad to see it go, but we cleared it away leaving a stump. We thought we may plant some other shrubs there later when we have more time.

Yesterday we noticed that five little baby Acacia's had sprouted in arc about two meters from the stump of the original one!

Of course, this made us happy.

Seems that this is the way of things - somethings have to go to make way for even more and even better things.

Thank you for your inspiring words and sharings, dear brother. Today our Guide Xuefeng declares that we WILL NOT dissolve our community! The battle is continuing! May God give us more courage and love to protect our legal and human rights! Hugs to you!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Anchor (15th December 2013), panopticon (15th December 2013), Realeyes (15th December 2013)

24. Link to Post #173
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)

Say...in Nepal?

Worked for Tibetans escaping the kind of imperialism you're encountering. Just sayin.
    We don't have enogh money to do that, and the visa is a big problem.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

learninglight (15th December 2013), panopticon (15th December 2013), Realeyes (15th December 2013)

26. Link to Post #174
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by xidaijena (here)
    Quote Posted by Milneman (here)

Say...in Nepal?

We don't have enogh money to do that, and the visa is a big problem.
    Don't need a visa if you're claiming yourselves as refugees escaping religious persecution.

Just sayin.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Billy (15th December 2013), learninglight (15th December 2013), OnyxKnight (15th December 2013), Realeyes (16th December 2013)

28. Link to Post #175
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Quote Posted by xidaijena (here)

Yesterday we received a notice from 1st branch landlord and the local Town government. They noticed us to leave before Dec 20. The landlord said he wrote the date on Jan 30, but the local town government changed the date to Dec 20, which means they want 70-80 people of 1st branch to leave in 5-6 days. They don't promise to give us any compensation. Even when we agreed to leave, they still push us every day. There is no laws or constitutions in their eyes, and we will not cooperate with them anymore!
    While I admire Xue Feng's decision I do not understand how this follows his own directions:

Quote 1. Never fight against the government; never participate in any activity disobedient to the government; never fight against any powerful people in any field; never fight against the boss of the company; be reserved, not display gallantry in front of people; remember that we are the humblest chanyuan celestials, we are the weakest men and we are the most useless people in the world.
    Source
    This confuses me as Xue Feng clearly directs that this is the primary life style example of Chanyuan Values and he states:

Quote Any ignorance of Lifechanyuan Values would incur troubles immediately. Personal promise is not something everlasting, they may turn hostile suddenly.
    Source
    I agree with the evaluation above and think that he has summarised what might occur quite well.

Within the 'Eight don’ts to be a Chanyuan celestial' it states:

Quote 5. Do not attack any government, political party, religion, or other organizations and individuals.
    Source
    How does this reconcile with Xue Feng's present course of action?

I ask as I have read in depth the beliefs of your group and particularly admired the above directives when I read them.

The course of passive acceptance to what occurs is a very difficult path but following the ever changing flow of Tao places us all who follow this path within the ever changing tapestry that is Tao. To fight against it is something Lao Tzu said was not appropriate action. Instead, be as the river and move as the river moves to avoid harm. Be accepting of all things as they occur. Anything less is pointless.

I am not trying to argue against Xue Feng's chosen course of action merely trying to understand how this reconciles with the Values and life style examples he has given as the guide of your community.

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Agape (15th December 2013), blufire (15th December 2013), learninglight (15th December 2013)

30. Link to Post #176
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,396 times in 4,617 posts

Quote Posted by panopticon (here)

The course of passive acceptance to what occurs is a very difficult path but following the ever changing flow of Tao places us all who follow this path within the ever changing tapestry that is Tao. To fight against it is something Lao Tzu said was not appropriate action. Instead, be as the river and move as the river moves to avoid harm. Be accepting of all things as they occur. Anything less is pointless.

I am not trying to argue against Xue Feng's chosen course of action merely trying to understand how this reconciles with the Values and life style examples he has given as the guide of your community.

-- Pan

Hello Pan,

I'm not sure that Jena will necessarily agree but theirs has to be the case of 'passive resistance' rather than 'passive acceptance' .

They probably know the best what kind of government they're dealing with . I think it's better than , say , in North Korea but all kinds of religious groups, spiritual movements, artists and intellectuals who oppose and challenge opinions of Chinese communist government are hunted down , locked up often without trial , for years . If not worse .
    Sent to re=education camps though those were promised to be dissolved this year .

The people at the top are mostly hard-core atheists , whatever it means . It's a great shame and pity that in this ancient country and culture that saw the birth and teachings of Confucius, Lao'tze , Buddha and many other sages ,
    their current leadership adopted primitive 'faith' in 3D communist manifesto and dragged the cultural and national pride of its people down to gulags and mud of torture .

Their government not only does not tolerate spiritual movements , they often persecute them in very inhumane manner and does not allow any international humane rights groups to intervene .

The Lifechanyuan people are indeed very lucky if they ran such a rare community for 10 years and are still here and alive . I admire their strength and courage and hope that their peaceful effort and power of resistance against the barbarianism of this world will continue ..till all of us can 'live and let live' .

I don't think they want more actually ..

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Anchor (16th December 2013), Milneman (15th December 2013), panopticon (16th December 2013), Realeyes (15th December 2013), Wind (15th December 2013), xidaijena (17th December 2013)

32. Link to Post #177
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 times in 735 posts

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    ....The Lifechanyuan people are indeed very lucky if they ran such a rare community for 10 years and are still here and alive . I admire their strength and courage and hope that their peaceful effort and power of resistance against the barbarianism of this world will continue ..till all of us can 'live and let live' .

Such wise beautiful words Agape - thank you for expressing this wise loving foresight.

33. Link to Post #178
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Couple of questions!

1. Does the Lifechanyuan group pay taxes to the government, or are you exempted? There's some pretty detailed articles on Chinese tax law that I've been going through and I'm just curious: if someone outside of China donates, is that money you receive exempt from taxes?

2. I know that the leadership in the group is vague intentionally, but there must be someone who is in charge of keeping financial records. Are these records available for the public to view, as they are with a lot of non-profits here in the west?

3. When the group disbands, as it's been ordered to by the government, what's going to happen to your assets, and the people in your community? Do they get their money back or what?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Agape (15th December 2013), OnyxKnight (16th December 2013), Realeyes (16th December 2013)

35. Link to Post #179
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

The amount of money you are collecting up from people - you might as well move to the Hamptons. You might even convert Paris Hilton to join you. Just sayin'

36. The Following User Says Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

Agape (15th December 2013)

37. Link to Post #180
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Hello Pan,

I'm not sure that Jena will necessarily agree but theirs has to be the case of 'passive resistance' rather than 'passive acceptance' .

They probably know the best what kind of government they're dealing with . I think it's better than , say , in North Korea but all kinds of religious groups, spiritual movements, artists and intellectuals who oppose and challenge opinions of Chinese communist government are hunted down , locked up often without trial , for years . If not worse .
    Sent to re=education camps though those were promised to be dissolved this year .

The people at the top are mostly hard-core atheists , whatever it means . It's a great shame and pity that in this ancient country and culture that saw the birth and teachings of Confucius, Lao'tze , Buddha and many other sages ,
    their current leadership adopted primitive 'faith' in 3D communist manifesto and dragged the cultural and national pride of its people down to gulags and mud of torture .

Their government not only does not tolerate spiritual movements , they often persecute them in very inhumane manner and does not allow any international humane rights groups to intervene .

The Lifechanyuan people are indeed very lucky if they ran such a rare community for 10 years and are still here and alive . I admire their strength and courage and hope that their peaceful effort and power of resistance against the barbarianism of this world will continue ..till all of us can 'live and let live' .

I agree with you Agape.

If you noticed I was asking direct questions as to how this present course of action was reconciled against the Values as described by Xue Feng in relation to his guidance on Life Style for Chanyuan Celestials which I admired so much.

It has nothing to do with my beliefs or thoughts on appropriate action, which I view Xue Feng is doing btw, but rather how this course of action is being reconciled against such strict guidelines in relation to non-resistance as directed by Xue Feng in his guidelines as community leader.

It is very easy for a group to say "We shall not resist, we shall always do what we are directed to do" and then say "We shall resist passively" when situations turn against them. What I am asking is how, and if, this change is being explained/justified internally.

Oh, and don't forget that part of lifechanyuan is the integration of Mao Zedong's teachings. That's clearly stated by Xue Feng here.

-- Pan
    Last edited by panopticon; 16th December 2013 at 02:27.
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

38. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Agape (17th December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 9 19 20 LastLast