+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Not looking good at Fukushima

1. Link to Post #41
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 times in 376 posts

Default Re: Not looking good at Fukushima

Well my first question is: How could we get some actual radiation readings here
    in the states? Dutch is from Ohio I think? (Correction St. Louis) Perhaps we could get some volunteers
    on the west coast to do some scientific data logging. I'm sure Dutch would give us some pointers.West coast should be hit the hardest. What our government doing
    on this???

Last edited by aviators; 31st December 2013 at 02:00.

2. Link to Post #42
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have not been able to confirm this story on Turner Radio................................that is puzzling and they have no contact options....I don't like that at all.................

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marksircus For This Post:

halffull (31st December 2013), onawah (1st January 2014), Sidney (1st January 2014)

4. Link to Post #43
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

I saw this some day ago.
    But Im not sure if he is doing it correctly. Maybe he would be intressted in collecting data ?

The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

halffull (31st December 2013)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

hey have any of you taken the 18 minutes to view this???

I am now in touch with Sunniva Rose and will interview her and she has agreed to be an avalon member....a work in progress... PLEASE listen to this!!! Thank you !!! XOXOX Much love!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

cursichella1 (31st December 2013), Ellisa (31st December 2013), halffull (31st December 2013), Limor Wolf (31st December 2013), onawah (1st January 2014), sheme (4th January 2014), spiritwind (31st December 2013)

8. Link to Post #45
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

I did watch it Kimberley! She is an amazing speaker and one I'd like to hear more from. When I posted earlier about the previous contamination caused by ALL nuclear radiation events, I pointed out that they had not caused extinction, and that we are going to survive his latsest one, however I still think we should be exploring the alternatives.

Firstly let me say that I acknowledge that nuclear power produces safe and seemingly pollution-free energy. We have no nuclear power here in Australia. Our one reactor is small and only produces medical nuclear needs (another area of useful nuclear production by the way!) Instead we use filthy, abundant, cheap coal, which we also export in massive quantities to China and India to run their factories which produce all the lovely "toys" we enjoy playing with. Where I live the coal is brown coal, just one step away from peat, it is filthy stuff--- but we have enough to provide energy for us for the next thousand years! Meanwhile we have access to a marvellous source of energy-- the sun. But we make little use of solar energy, and the miners in our country make sure we have little inducement to research it. So we are, here in Australia, one of the worst countries in the world for carbon pollution.

I am glad though that we have not gone for nuclear here (we have had plenty who wanted to, our north has plenty of uranium to dig up--- we send it to others to use though). I am glad we don't. The fall-out from nuclear energy production does not stop at the first stage--- that is usually the safe bit, but the radioactive waste does last for hundreds of years. And, in spite of the speaker's cheery attitude, there is nowhere at the moment to dump it safely, and no country wants to store it or bury it, shipping it to poor countries to deal with is despicable. We are making a huge problem for the future.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

bennycog (31st December 2013), cursichella1 (31st December 2013), halffull (31st December 2013), Kimberley (1st January 2014), Limor Wolf (31st December 2013), panopticon (31st December 2013)

10. Link to Post #46
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Oh, BTW, just getting back on topic for a moment, TEPCO has said that there was no observed steam coming from the 5th floor of #3 on the 30th December 2013 (source).

They haven't identified the cause of the steam (as far as I've found anyway).

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

halffull (31st December 2013), Kimberley (1st January 2014), Maria Stade (31st December 2013)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    thanks for posting. if you go to Hatrick Penry on youtube or google his site, he's doing great work and provides actual N R C, F O I A documents that seem to illustrate that fuel pool 4 had a zirconium fire back in 2011 and was already pretty much destroyed and drained of cooling water.
    This sheds new light on whatever Tepco is supposedly doing with their so called rod removal at no 4. How can this be? building 4 looks destroyed yet Tepco is showing a pristine orderly fuel pool. is this a complete hoax and for public consumption? It is quite possible that this looming fuel pool disaster has already happened.
    this needs real investigation and verification. thoughts?
    I have reviewed several of the FOIA documents presented by HatrickPenry and I am confident that he is a very reliable source, certainly more reliable than CNN et. al.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carriellbee For This Post:

Abhaya (1st January 2014), halffull (31st December 2013), Kimberley (1st January 2014)

14. Link to Post #48
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

It's all about "objective evidence".

"ONE WRONG MOVE AT FUKUSHIMA COULD UNLEASH A NUCLEAR DISASTER EQUIVALENT TO 85 CHERNOBYLS"
    By Brian Klonoski. Editor In Chief bij RYOT, Writer/Photographer.
    http://www.ryot.org/one-wrong-move-a...rnobyls/388813

"28 SIGNS THAT THE WEST COAST IS BEING ABSOLUTELY FRIED WITH NUCLEAR RADIATION FROM FUKUSHIMA"
    By Michael T. Snyder, former Washington D.C. attorney who now publishes The Truth. His new thriller is entitled “The Beginning Of The End” .
    http://thetruthwins.com/archives/28-...from-fukushima

Or,

"28FALLACIES ABOUT THE FUKUSHIMA NUCLEAR DISASTER'S EFFECT ON THE US WEST COAST"
    By Andrew David Thaler.
    Deep-sea biologist, population/conservation geneticist.
    http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15903

"TRUE FACTS ABOUT OCEAN RADIATION AND THE FUKUSHIMA DISASTER"
    By Kim Martini.
    http://deepseanews.com/2013/11/true-...hima-disaster/

FUKUSHIMA REACTOR 3 MELT DOWN MAY NOT BE A HOAX.
    and
    "Don't fall for the "Fukushima reactors were poorly designed" B.S. being pushed to the forefront now".
    http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/

Fukushima is a very serious problem. That's a fact.
    But fear won't help us, as a fearful masses are easily manipulated and kept under control.

We have to be critical and alert of not being manipulated by hysterical broadcasting but only go for scientific evidence.
    Last edited by heyokah; 31st December 2013 at 12:03. Reason: clarity

15. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kimberley (here)
    hey have any of you taken the 18 minutes to view this???

I am now in touch with Sunniva Rose and will interview her and she has agreed to be an avalon member....a work in progress... PLEASE listen to this!!! Thank you !!! XOXOX Much love!
    There are other ways Sunniva Rose may have one of them, I have been in contact with a man in Sweden angry that people was so against nuclear power that his projekt that he considers safe was put aside.
    The problem remains Japan is leaking.

Most things on this planet have the habit of aging/changing.
    What ever system used it has to be safe even when we look at the waste.
    In many parts of this world it is possible to use solar energy and maybe that is what should be used where it is effektive.
    Even solarpanels are aging and their must be a plan for how the should be re used when they are not functioning any more.
    It should be a responibillity for the maker to also be in charge for the waste.
    And if it is a danger to life as such.. maybe it should not be used at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

halffull (31st December 2013), Kimberley (1st January 2014), observer (4th January 2014), onawah (1st January 2014), Sean Cullen (1st January 2014)

17. Link to Post #50
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks

You can expect an enormous amount of cancers” around Pacific — “We’re all at risk, this radiated water is going to hit right here” in U.S. — We’re at top of food chain, so we get highest radiation dose. Seafood catches off U.S. Pacific coast more likely to be contaminated than ones far closer to Japan — ‘Gravest danger’ to public is if they eat these products. Nice headlines to wake up to but wait, you have not seen statements like this on TV or in the New York Times?
    Did you hear Fairewinds chief engineer Arnie Gundersen telling his fellow Americans that the boron between the nuclear fuel rods (in the spent fuel pool on top of building number four) has disintegrated. It was never designed for the temperatures it's seen and it was never designed for saltwater? So there's no assurance that you've got boron neutron absorbers between the nuclear fuel rods. So you've got what we call an inadvertent criticality — you've got the chance of the nuclear fuel pool becoming a nuclear reactor when it didn't want to be, as they pull these rods out. So they have to be extraordinarily careful that they don’t snap a rod and extraordinarily careful that as they're pulling these rods, that they don’t get an inadvertent criticality.

Gundersen is the nuclear engineer that told us that pulling the nuclear fuel rods out of pool number four, which they are doing now, was going to be a sticky as pulling cigarettes out of a crushed cigarette box when in fact you have to get each one out whole as to not destroy much of the world with radiation.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marksircus For This Post:

halffull (31st December 2013), Jean-Luc (1st January 2014), Maria Stade (31st December 2013)

19. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

carriellbee (1st January 2014), halffull (31st December 2013), Kimberley (1st January 2014), Sean Cullen (1st January 2014), Sidney (1st January 2014)

21. Link to Post #52
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks

Nuclear researcher Christina Consolo said on Russian television that, “Although fuel rod removal happens on a daily basis at the 430+ nuclear sites around the world, it is a very delicate procedure even under the best of circumstances. What makes fuel removal at Fukushima so dangerous and complex is that it will be attempted on a fuel pool whose integrity has been severely compromised. However, it must be attempted as Reactor 4 has the most significant problems structurally, and this pool is on the top floor of the building.’
    Lew Rockwell tells it like it is about why this will be a dangerous undertaking.
    - The racks inside the pool that contain this fuel were damaged by the explosion in the early days of the accident.
    - Zirconium cladding which encased the rods burned when water levels dropped, but to what extent the rods have been damaged is not known, and probably won’t be until removal is attempted.
    - Saltwater cooling has caused corrosion of the pool walls, and probably the fuel rods and racks.
    - The building is sinking.
    - The cranes that normally lift the fuel were destroyed.
    - Computer-guided removal will not be possible; everything will have to be done manually.
    - TEPCO cannot attempt this process without humans, which will manage this enormous task while being bombarded with radiation during the extraction and casking.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marksircus For This Post:

halffull (31st December 2013), Jean-Luc (1st January 2014), Maria Stade (2nd January 2014)

23. Link to Post #53
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,392 times in 231 posts

Professor Michio Kaku, Dr Helen Caldicott explain horrific cancers in the long term from Fukushima

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to halffull For This Post:

42 (1st January 2014), dianna (2nd January 2014), Maria Stade (2nd January 2014)

25. Link to Post #54
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Epidemiologist back from Fukushima: ‘We’re talking about a sacrifice zone and millions of people live in this area’ — Exceeds allowable radiation dose for nuclear workers 40 kilometers from Fukushima plant

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/e...s-40-kilomete/

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

halffull (1st January 2014)

27. Link to Post #55
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,847 times in 715 posts

36 Signs The Media Is Lying To You About How Radiation From Fukushima Is Affecting The West Coast

Michael Snyder

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/01/...bout.html#more

Quote The west coast of the United States is being absolutely fried by radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster, and the mainstream media is not telling us the truth about this. What you are about to see is a collection of evidence that is quite startling. Taken collectively, this body of evidence shows that nuclear radiation from Fukushima is affecting sea life in the Pacific Ocean and animal life along the west coast of North America in some extraordinary ways. But the mainstream media continues to insist that we don’t have a thing to worry about. The mainstream media continues to insist that radiation levels in the Pacific and along the west coast are perfectly safe. Are they lying to us? Evaluate the evidence compiled below and come to your own conclusions…

#1 Independent researchers have measured alarmingly high levels of radiation on the beaches of the west coast. For example, the video posted below was taken on December 23rd, 2013 at Pacifica State Beach. As you can see in this video, radiation levels near the water are up to five times higher than normal background radiation…

#2 According to Oceanus Magazine, the total amount of cesium-137 that has been released into the Pacific Ocean from Fukushima is 10,000 to 100,000 times greater than the amount released into the oceans by the Chernobyl disaster or by the atmospheric nuclear weapons tests of the 1960s.

#3 Former MSNBC host Cenk Uygur has admitted that while he was at MSNBC he was instructed not to warn the public about the radiation coming from Fukushima…
    “I was on MSNBC at the time when this happened, I said, “Don’t trust what the Japanese government is saying, they’ll say trust what the electric power company is saying. Go, go, go, get outta there. Get as far away from that plant as you can. It’s literally a core meltdown.” And they always don’t want people to panic, so they were always like, “Oh it’s going to be okay.” [...] I’m like, “You’re crazy man, don’t be anywhere near that reactor.” And I remember at the time, of course not at The Young Turks, but on cable news, people were like, “Hey Cenk, you know, I don’t know that you want to say that, because the official government position is that it’s safe.” Oh, is that the official government position? Now go explain that to the people who served on the USS Ronald Reagan.”

#4 71 U.S. sailors who assisted with the initial Fukushima relief efforts have developed serious diseases such as testicular cancer, thyroid cancer, Leukemia, “unremitting gynecological bleeding” and brain tumors since that time as a result of exposure to radiation coming from Fukushima.

#5 Something is causing starfish all along the west coast of the United States to literally disintegrate into piles of "white goo"…

Researchers say nuclear pollution from the 2011 earthquake in Japan that damaged the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant could be partially to blame for a disease wiping out starfish along the West Coast.

Dr. Peter Raimondi of the University of Santa Cruz says something is making starfish susceptible to whats believed to be a bacteria coined “Wasting Disease.” It essentially disintegrate the marine invertebrates into a white goo, after the starfish loses its legs.

#6 Bald eagles are dying in unprecedented numbers in Utah, and nobody can figure out why this is happening…

Bald eagles are dying in Utah — 20 in the past few weeks alone — and nobody can figure out why.

Hundreds of the majestic birds — many with wing spans of 7 feet or more — migrate here each winter, gathering along the Great Salt Lake and feasting on carp and other fish that swim in the nearby freshwater bays.
    Earlier this month, however, hunters and farmers across five counties in northern and central Utah began finding the normally skittish raptors lying listless on the ground. Many suffered from seizures, head tremors and paralysis in the legs, feet and wings.

#7 Huge numbers of dead birds are dropping dead and washing up along the coastlines of Alaska. It is being reported that many of the carcases of the dead birds are “broken open and bleeding”.

#8 The recent deaths of thousands of birds in Oregon is absolutely baffling scientists.

#9 Something is causing large numbers of seals and walruses up in Alaska to lose hair and develop “oozing sores”.

#10 Substantial numbers of polar bears along the coast of Alaska are suffering from fur loss and open sores.

#11 There is an epidemic of sea lion deaths along the California coastline.

#12 The population of sockeye salmon along the coastlines of Alaska is at a “historic low”.

#13 Something is causing Pacific herring to bleed from their gills, bellies and eyeballs.

#14 Dangerous levels of cesium-137 have been discovered in mushrooms and berries grown along the west coast.

#15 According to an absolutely shocking report put out by the National Academy of Sciences, it has been proven that Pacific Bluefin tuna have transported radioactive material “across the entire North Pacific Ocean”…

“We report unequivocal evidence that Pacific Bluefin tuna, Thunnus orientalis, transported Fukushima-derived radionuclides across the entire North Pacific Ocean.”

#16 Something seems to be causing a substantial spike in the death rate for killer whales living off of the coast of British Columbia.

#17 Experts have found very high levels of cesium-137 in plankton living in the waters of the Pacific Ocean between Hawaii and the west coast.

#18 One test in California found that 15 out of 15 Bluefin tuna were contaminated with radiation from Fukushima.

#19 Back in 2012, the Vancouver Sun reported that cesium-137 was being found in a very high percentage of the fish that Japan was selling to Canada…

73 percent of the mackerel
    91 percent of the halibut
    92 percent of the sardines
    93 percent of the tuna and eel
    94 percent of the cod and anchovies
    100 percent of the carp, seaweed, shark and monkfish

#20 An EU-funded study concluded that Fukushima released up to 210 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 into the atmosphere.

#21 One very experienced Australian adventurer has stated that he felt as though “the ocean itself was dead” as he journeyed from Japan to San Francisco recently…

The next leg of the long voyage was from Osaka to San Francisco and for most of that trip the desolation was tinged with nauseous horror and a degree of fear.
    “After we left Japan, it felt as if the ocean itself was dead,” Macfadyen said.

“We hardly saw any living things. We saw one whale, sort of rolling helplessly on the surface with what looked like a big tumour on its head. It was pretty sickening.
    “I’ve done a lot of miles on the ocean in my life and I’m used to seeing turtles, dolphins, sharks and big flurries of feeding birds. But this time, for 3000 nautical miles there was nothing alive to be seen.”

In place of the missing life was garbage in astounding volumes.

“Part of it was the aftermath of the tsunami that hit Japan a couple of years ago. The wave came in over the land, picked up an unbelievable load of stuff and carried it out to sea. And it’s still out there, everywhere you look.”

#22 It is being projected that the radioactivity of coastal waters off the U.S. west coast could double over the next five to six years.

#23 The deputy chairman of Russia’s State Duma Committee for Natural Resources, Maxim Shingarkin, says that seafood captured off the northwest coast of the United States is so radioactive that it represents a “danger for mankind”…

Currents in the world ocean are so structured that the areas of seafood capture near the U.S. northwest coast are more likely to contain radioactive nuclides than even the Sea of Okhotsk, which is much closer to Japan. These products are the main danger for mankind because they can find their way to people’s tables on a massive scale.

#24 According to one recent scientific report, radiation from Fukushima could affect our seafood for “many generations” and ultimately kill more than a million people…

This cycle will last for many generations, because of the food chain of fish and other marine fauna, and the radioactivity will be recycled and in fact the meat content will increase rather than decreasing by decay. Even if only one one-hundredth of the radioactivity (more than 1e15 Bq of CS137) were to enter this recirculation pattern, the collective whole body ingestion dose over many generations would exceed 1e7 Sv, sufficient to kill more than 1,000,000 people.

#25 The Japanese government has estimated that approximately 300 tons of highly radioactive water is pouring into the Pacific Ocean from the destroyed Fukushima nuclear facility every single day.

#26 A senior researcher of marine chemistry at the Japan Meteorological Agency’s Meteorological Research Institute says that “30 billion becquerels of radioactive cesium and 30 billion becquerels of radioactive strontium” are being released into the Pacific Ocean from Fukushima every single day.

#27 According to Tepco, a total of somewhere between 20 trillion and 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium have gotten into the Pacific Ocean since the Fukushima disaster first began.

#28 According to a professor at Tokyo University, 3 gigabecquerels of cesium-137 are flowing into the port at Fukushima Daiichi every single day.

#29 It is being projected that significant levels of cesium-137 will reach every corner of the Pacific Ocean by the year 2020.

#30 It has been estimated that the entire Pacific Ocean will soon “have cesium levels 5 to 10 times higher” than what we witnessed during the era of heavy atomic bomb testing in the Pacific many decades ago.

#31 The immense amount of radioactive material being released into the Pacific Ocean from Fukushima has caused environmental activist Joe Martino to issue the following warning…

Your days of eating Pacific Ocean fish are over.

#32 The Iodine-131, Cesium-137 and Strontium-90 that are constantly being released from Fukushima are going to affect the health of those living in the northern hemisphere for a very, very long time. Just consider what Harvey Wasserman had to say about this…

Iodine-131, for example, can be ingested into the thyroid, where it emits beta particles (electrons) that damage tissue. A plague of damaged thyroids has already been reported among as many as 40 percent of the children in the Fukushima area. That percentage can only go higher. In developing youngsters, it can stunt both physical and mental growth.

Among adults it causes a very wide range of ancillary ailments, including cancer.
    Cesium-137 from Fukushima has been found in fish caught as far away as California. It spreads throughout the body, but tends to accumulate in the muscles.

Strontium-90’s half-life is around 29 years. It mimics calcium and goes to our bones.

#33 Outdoor radiation levels at Fukushima recently hit a new all-time high.

#34 According to the Wall Street Journal, it is being projected that the cleanup of Fukushima could take up to 40 years to complete.

#35 Yale Professor Charles Perrow is warning that if the cleanup of Fukushima is not handled with 100% precision that humanity could be threatened “for thousands of years”…

Conditions in the unit 4 pool, 100 feet from the ground, are perilous, and if any two of the rods touch it could cause a nuclear reaction that would be uncontrollable. The radiation emitted from all these rods, if they are not continually cool and kept separate, would require the evacuation of surrounding areas including Tokyo. Because of the radiation at the site the 6,375 rods in the common storage pool could not be continuously cooled; they would fission and all of humanity will be threatened, for thousands of years.

#36 There are very alarming reports that new “unexplained plumes of radioactive steam” are rising at Fukushima. Japanese officials are not able to get inside and see what is causing these plumes. Some are speculating that the crisis at Fukushima just got a whole lot worse. The following is from a recent Ecologist article…

Unexplained plumes of radioactive steam have been rising from Fukushima’s Reactor Building 3, Could a major meltdown be on the way?

Fukushima’s Reactor Building 3 exploded on 13th March 2011 as a result of a hydrogen buildup, breaching the building’s containment and emitting a huge plume of radiation. The reactor itself is in meltdown.

And now fresh plumes of steam have been seen coming out the structure. These have now been confirmed by Tepco, the owner of the nuclear plant, from 19th December onwards. The company believes the steam is coming from the fifth floor of the building.

However it does not know the cause of the steam. Lethal levels of radiation and the physical damage to the structure have so far made entry and inspection impossible.
    If a full-blown meltdown does happen at Fukushima, it would be an environmental disaster unlike anything that we have ever seen before in human history.

As we enter 2014, we are entering a time when the world is becoming increasingly unstable. The global economy is being shaken, political corruption is seemingly everywhere, evidence of advanced social decay is all around us and the earth itself is starting to groan and crack with increasingly regularity. But the mainstream media continues to insist that everything is going to be just fine. That is one of the reasons why I wrote my new novel. The American people deserve to hear the truth and be warned about the great challenges that are rapidly approaching.

In the end, millions upon millions of people could end up getting seriously ill as a result of all of this radiation coming from Fukushima. Most of them will never even know why they have gotten sick.

And if there is a major earthquake or a significant accident during the cleanup at Fukushima, we could actually see huge sections of Japan be evacuated permanently.

It would be hard to overstate just how serious all of this is. But you won’t hear about this from the mainstream media. Their story is that “everything is okay” and they are sticking to it.

28. Link to Post #56
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

There are so many inaccurate or misleading statements in the above quote that it's hard to know where to start...

Take this:

Quote #15 According to an absolutely shocking report put out by the National Academy of Sciences, it has been proven that Pacific Bluefin tuna have transported radioactive material “across the entire North Pacific Ocean”…

“We report unequivocal evidence that Pacific Bluefin tuna, Thunnus orientalis, transported Fukushima-derived radionuclides across the entire North Pacific Ocean.”
    This is quoting a journal article titled 'Pacific blue fin tuna transport Fukushima-derived radionuclides from Japan to California' (source).

Simple enough, except it doesn't pass mention that the report indicated that naturally occurring radionuclides were of a higher concentration than the combined Caesium 134 & 137. To quote the same scientists in a report titled 'Evaluation of radiation doses and associated risk from the Fukushima nuclear accident to marine biota and human consumers of seafood':

Quote PBFT captured off California in August 2011 contained activity concentrations below those from naturally occurring radionuclides. To link the radioactivity to possible health impairments, we calculated doses, attributable to the Fukushima-derived and the naturally occurring radionuclides, to both the marine biota and human fish consumers. We showed that doses in all cases were dominated by the naturally occurring alpha-emitter 210 Po and that Fukushima-derived doses were three to four orders of magnitude below 210 Po-derived doses...
    ... doses are comparable to, or less than, the dose all humans routinely obtain from naturally occurring radionuclides in many food items, medical treatments, air travel, or other background sources.
    Source
    So yes, detected levels were higher (up from 1.5 Bq kg-1 in 2008 to 6.0 Bq kg-1 in 2011) but this is no-where near even the levels of naturally occurring polonium-210 in the same fish samples...

From the same report:

Quote Dose to Humans. Consumption of 200 g (a typical restaurant-sized serving) of PBFT contaminated with 4.0 Bq·kg -1 dry weight of 134 Cs and 6.3 Bq·kg -1 dry weight of 137 Cs (mean values for PBFT caught off San Diego in August 2011) resulted in committed effective doses of 3.7 and 4.0 nSv, respectively (Table 1). To put this into perspective, the combined dose of 7.7 nSv from these two Cs isotopes is only about 5% of the dose acquired from eating one uncontaminated banana (assuming 200 g weight) and absorbing its naturally occurring 40 K (28), and only about 7% of the dose attributable to the 40 K in the PBFT (Table 1). More strikingly, the dose from both Cs isotopes is only 0.2% of that attributable to the naturally occurring 210 Po from ingesting the fish (Table 1). Furthermore, in August 2012, PBFT off California were found to have less than half the levels of radioactive Cs than were found in August 2011 (29), which would result in even lower doses to human consumers.
    Source
    So, to be clear, if you sat down and ate a 200 gram serving of tuna with the quantity of Caesium 134 & 137 mentioned in the first article that would be about 5% of the equivalent dose from an average banana (ie eat twenty 200 gram servings of "contaminated" Tuna in one sitting and you've got the same equivalent dose as you'd get from eating one banana).

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Bob (4th January 2014), dianna (2nd January 2014), halffull (2nd January 2014), outerheaven (2nd January 2014)

30. Link to Post #57
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Fuku Warning! US Gov’t Orders 14 Million Doses Of Potassium Iodide

Fukushima - A Recap Of its Carnage on Earth

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rycyC...&feature=share

Streamed live on Dec 31, 2013

Lets end the year with a recap of the stunning facts that are speaking for the victims and voiceless .
    Rad Chick Nuke Radio - Coverup Of Radiation Exposure Of US Servicemen Near Fukushima And Operation Tomodachi

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Bob (4th January 2014), freedom4all (2nd January 2014), halffull (2nd January 2014)

32. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

freedom4all (2nd January 2014), halffull (2nd January 2014)

34. Link to Post #59
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by Camilo (here)
    Fuku Warning! US Gov’t Orders 14 Million Doses Of Potassium Iodide

[...]
    Here is the Solicitation for proposals:

U.S. government orders 14 million doses of potassium iodide

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
    FBO.gov
    Fri, 06 Dec 2013 15:35 CST

© Seerpress, Potassium Iodide

Solicitation Number: 14-284-SOL-0015A

Notice Type: Combined Synopsis/Solicitation Synopsis:
    Added: Dec 06, 2013 3:35 pm (i)

This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for a commercial item prepared in accordance with FAR Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information in this notice.

This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.

(ii) The solicitation number is 14-284-SOL-0015A. This solicitation is issued as an [sic] Request for Quote (RFQ).

(iii) The corresponding NAICS code is 325412 and the small business standard size is 750 employees.

(iv) The contract line item number, item, quantity and unit of measure is:

Line No. 001; potassium iodide tablet, 65mg, unit dose package of 20s; 700,000 packages (of 20s)

(v) Delivery is required on or before February 1, 2014.
    Delivery will be made to:
    DHHS, SSC
    Bldg #5 Receiving Dock
    Perry Point,MD 21902

(vi) The provisions of FAR 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors - Commercial Items; 52.212-2, Evaluation - Commercial Items; and FAR 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial items apply to this acquisition. The Government will awad a contract resulting from this synopsis/solicitation to the responsible offerror whose offer conforms to the solicitation and provides the best value to the Governemnt - price and other factors considered.

(vii) Quotes are due Tuesday, December 23, 2013 by 3:30 pm, EST, electronically to the Contracting Officer at timothy.bouchelle@psc.hhs.gov.

(viii) Contact Timothy R. Bouchelle, Contracting Officer, at timothy.bouchelle@psc.hhs.gov regarding this solicitation number 14-284-SOL0015A.
    Phone inquiries can be made at 410-642-1382.
    Contracting Office Address:
    Building 14
    Perry Point, Maryland 21902
    Place of Performance: DHHS
    SSC, Bldg #5 Receiving Dock

Perry Point, Maryland 21902
    United States
    Primary Point of Contact:
    Timothy R. Bouchelle timothy.bouchelle@psc.hhs.gov
    Phone: 4106421382

Alarmist title of "14 million doses", that's 1 pellet inside a bag of 20... reduces to 7ooK bags... let's say 2 bags per individual... that's for only 350,000 people...
    Last edited by Hervé; 2nd January 2014 at 21:27.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bob (4th January 2014), halffull (3rd January 2014), Operator (2nd January 2014), panopticon (3rd January 2014)

36. Link to Post #60
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Study: Dead sea creatures cover 98 percent of ocean floor off California coast; up from one percent before Fukushima

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/s...ore-fukushima/

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Bob (4th January 2014), halffull (4th January 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast