+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Ho'oponopono: Cleansing Memories Within

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Default Ho'oponopono: Cleansing Memories Within

Forgiveness is a gift we give to self. Ho'oponopono intends self forgiveness by addressing inner Divine. Cleaning makes us conscious of errors which hold us to difficulty. Cleaning memories releases the problems.

Dr. Hew Len used Ho'oponopono while just reading the hospital records of people in a facility for violent mental illness. The following months people became well and began to be discharged without any other treatment. t has been verified by one person I heard who worked there that this was waht occurred. People just became well as Hew Len took repsonsibility for observing the problems.

Quote If everyone took 100% responsibility for everything they experienced in their life and did not get caught up in blame, then what kind of profound shift would the whole world experience?

Peace begins with me.

Dr Hew Len points out that that we always need to remember the very old saying: “Peace begins with me.” He says that of there is to be peace on earth; it needs to begin individually with each one of us.

Dr Hew Len says that Ho’oponopono is about looking within ourselves for debts, errors or blocks in our subconscious minds that replay as problems, judgments, putdowns and all kinds of other problems.

The blocks are within.

Dr Hew Len makes the pint that Ho’oponopono is about saying to The Divine within us (The Self): “I am sorry, please forgive me for whatever is going on in me, that I experience the world in me this way.

Taking 100% responsibility.

Dr Hew Len says that when we take 100% responsibility for whatever we experience in our lives, we can then go onto the next step where we say: “I am sorry, and not only am I sorry, but please forgive me for what ever is going on in me.

By saying sorry and taking 100% responsibility for whatever is going on in our lives, we are in essence saying to The Divine: “I am 100% responsible, the problem is within me, and I would like You to convert whatever that memory, debt, block, error or problem is to nothing.”

And when The Divinity converts the block or memory to nothing, we return to back to our original state which is Zero or clarity.

Dr Hew Len says that only when we have clarity, can The Divinity provide us with insight, inspiration and whatever is perfect for us.http://www.whatishooponopono.com/Dr_...ooponopono.htm
    Try this video just once because it is penetrating and may touch any memories in a loving way.

Quote As you watch this video you can focus on any problem, issue, relationship or concern and the healing Ho'oponopono images will assist you in letting go of the memories that created the problem memory. Feel the peace of the words and music take you to the clear zero state of freedom, free from being run by past memories and beliefs. Alot of the images are ho'oponopono cleaning tools that you can eat or have around you. You can simply listen to the recording on its own to receive the cleaning via this also.
    I accused the video style of being a little cheesy and so I said: "I love you, I am sorry, Please Forgive me, Thank you" and I listened four times already. I wish it went on longer. It does reverberate in a good way. I think that this is a very healing 10 minutes.

[/YOUTUBE]

2. The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Becky (12th January 2014), bojancan (19th November 2015), Carmen (12th January 2014), Cognitive Dissident (12th January 2014), conk (13th January 2014), Constance (12th November 2015), DebJoy (1st May 2017), drneglector (4th May 2017), freedom4all (12th January 2014), GloriousPoetry (15th January 2014), GreenGuy (12th January 2014), halffull (12th January 2014), Hervé (19th January 2014), Iloveyou (10th December 2015), Inaiá (16th January 2014), kanishk (16th November 2015), karelia (12th January 2014), leavesoftrees (12th January 2014), lisalu (12th January 2014), Little Ishta (12th January 2014), Lunesoleil (19th November 2020), Mandala (12th January 2014), Mark (10th February 2021), meat suit (4th May 2017), nonesuch (12th January 2014), penhope (15th November 2015), Reinhard (23rd November 2015), Sabrina (12th January 2014), sandy (12th January 2014), sdv (16th January 2014), silverchimes (12th January 2014), Snowflower (12th January 2014), Sophocles (15th November 2015), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017), ulli (12th January 2014), Wind (12th January 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950 times in 424 posts

Default Re: Ho'oponopono: Cleansing Memories Within

I don't know why or how ho'oponopono works, but it does. And it says something about the way reality works. If we can create small peace not just within ourselves but for others around us, what kind of power do we have as a planet to manifest peace? For Americans, a lot of this hinges around responsibility. We don't like responsibility. If we don't get what we want, we want someone to blame. This derails the whole process of finding dharma. Taking responsibility for my life is a no-brainer: it's MY life. Who else should I trust it with?
    Dammit, honey! You left the seat down again!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

4evrneo (4th May 2017), Constance (12th November 2015), DebJoy (1st May 2017), Delight (12th January 2014), GloriousPoetry (15th January 2014), karelia (12th January 2014), penhope (15th November 2015), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

The ability to take 100% responsibility for cleaning enables us to start restoring the disconnects within us. The ability to compartmentalize and separate from aspects of our whole being and to ignore our deepest needs and the truth of ourselves is seen reflected in the "outside". Would you "consciously" withhold love and deny nurturing of a child?

Quote In both live and tele-seminars, Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len often relates that most of us have abandoned our inner child countless times. We do this not realizing that far from being a burden, it contains the energy of manifestation for the rest of our being. Our inner child has been neglected, abused, and unloved for generations. Perhaps in our busy adult lives, we don't even acknowledge its presence. From all of this, it suffers.

Not surprisingly, this neglect has consequences. We may live our lives severed from from our deepest strengths. Our inner child contains not only our pain, but also potential solutions; it has a direct connection with the spiritual part of us, the Aumakua. And this is always in perfect balance and synchrony with Divinity.

Who among us wouldn't want to be in synch with Divinity?

Dr. Hew Len has shared his morning routine of sitting on the floor talking with his inner child about how things are going, and what's coming up later in the day. He educates it about the "cleaning" tools he uses to dissipate age-old repetitive data showing up as current problems. As he does this, he believes his child learns to clean on his own.

"I talk to my child, and tell it 'I love you," he says. The key is in letting it fall in love with you; in love, it will work with you rather than cause more chaos. "When I sometimes have a back ache," says Dr. Hew Len, "I say to my inner child, 'We're experiencing this back pain now. Can we please let go?" It's all a part of his daily Ho'oponopono practice.http://www.peacefuldoc.com/2008/10/w...don-child.html
    This is the mp3 and the youtube link for Hew Len's inner child meditation.

A long interview with another well known practitioner Mabel Katz.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Constance (12th November 2015), DebJoy (1st May 2017), GreenGuy (12th January 2014), karelia (12th January 2014), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

The concept that we are here at this time just to clean our memories and reach zero in Divine inspiration is quite provocative. Cleaning all one's inner blocks of error makes sense as the platform for new inspiration. So, I am sure to try this with full intention to be cleared of past data stored by the subconscious creates a cleansed slate/state.

Hew Len is approaching cleaning as the way to be able to feel and sense our connection to Divine consciousness. Everything that exists is a part of Divine consciousness. Consciousness is always waiting for us to come "on line".

The practices of Ho'oponopono are a modern interpretation of an ancient spiritual teaching found throughout Polynesia. The traditional approach of social/personal resolution of dispute and restoration of harmony was reintroduced in very recent times to hawaii. Here is use of Ho'oponopono in their judicial system:

http://digitalcommons.pepperdine.edu...6&context=drlj

People like Morrnah Simeona and Max Freedom Long created personal practices (called Huna by MFL) based on the ancient spiritual philosophy.

Quote In 1976 Morrnah Simeona, regarded as a healing priest or kahuna lapaʻau, adapted the traditional hoʻoponopono of family mutual forgiveness to the social realities of the modern day. For this she extended it both to a general problem solving process outside the family and to a psycho-spiritual self-help rather than group process.

Simeona's version is influenced by her Christian (Protestant and Catholic) education and her philosophical studies about India, China and Edgar Cayce. Like Hawaiian tradition she emphasizes prayer, confession, repentance, and mutual restitution and forgiveness. Unlike Hawaiian tradition, she describes problems only as the effects of negative Karma, saying that "you have to experience by yourself what you have done to others." But that you are the creator of your life circumstances was common knowledge for the people of old as "things we had brought with us from other lifetimes."[27] Any wrongdoing is memorized within oneself and mirrored in every entity and object which was present when the cause happened. As the Law of Cause and Effect predominates in all of life and lifetimes, the purpose of her version is mainly "to release unhappy, negative experiences in past Reincarnations, and to resolve and remove traumas from the 'memory banks'."[28] Karmic bondages hinder the evolution of mind, so that "(karmic) cleansing is a requisite for the expansion of awareness".[29] Using her 14-step-process would dissolve those bondages.[30] She did not use mantras or conditioning exercises.

Her teachings include: there is a Divine Creator who takes care of altruistic pleas of Men; "when the phrase 'And it is done' is used after a prayer, it means Man's work ends and God's begins."[31] "Self-Identity" signifies, e.g. during the hoʻoponopono, that the three selves or aspects of consciousness are balanced and connected with the Divine Creator.[32] Different from egoistic prayers, "altruistic prayers like hoʻoponopono, where you also pray for the release of other entities and objects, reach the Divine plane or Cosmos because of their high vibrations. From that plane the Divine energy or "mana" would come,"[33] which would transform the painful part of the memory of the wrong actions in all participants to "Pure Light", on whatever plane they are existing; "all are set free".[34] Through this transmutation in the mind the problems will lose their energy for physical effects, and healing or balancing is begun. In this sense, Simeona's mana is not the same as the traditional Polynesian understanding of Mana.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho%CA%BBoponopono
    Here is a link to some information http://www.ulbobo.com/keola/hooponopono/ho%27o.html

Here are some definitions from Morrnah N. Simeona taken from the link.
    Quote All Hawaiian forms start with breathing, which is call Ha. One round of Ha is to breathe in for the count of 7, hold for the count of 7, and release for the count of 7. When you have emptied your lungs again then hold for the count of 7. Be relaxed and let the breath determine how long the count of 7 is. You can fit it to your own physiology.

Mana is the energy that belongs to you in this Life and is connected to you and all worlds in all spaces and at all times. We will be cleaning this Mana with the Ho'oponopono Pule.

Aka cords are what ties us, and all other things, beings, energies, and Karma, together, for this and for all times. When we say "Cut all Aka Cords," we are talking about cutting all the ties we have with all our friends, family, relatives, and ancestors. We will include all possessions, things we are attached to, places we have been, memories we hold, and so forth. This also is a very deep cleansing method.

When we talk about the Divine Creator: The Aumakua, the Uhane, and the Unihipili as One, we are talking about the totality of all that is and ever was or will be. This is what Christianity calls God as well as all of God's works, i.e., the Universe and every thing contained within it. When all of this is put together as One, then that is what we mean when we say the Divine Creator.

This we shall call the "I", because it is like the Roman numeral I representing the oneness of the Universe. The sound "I'' is likewise like the sound of "Eye" which can be thought of in the ancient way as the "Eyeball" of the Sun. This is the center of our solar system and represents an image of the One.

The Aumakua is the "Spiritual Self" and represents all of the Gods of all of the religions of Man since the beginning of time. It can be thought of as our own singular genetic past to the beginning of time as well. And in a very real sense, it is our consciousness backwards in time representing our knowledge of right and wrong, or our conscience.

The Uhane is the "Physical Self" and represents the caretaker of our body. It is our thinking mind and our physical function. We talk with the Uhane and we think with the Uhane. We have a drive for survival that is part of the function of the Uhane. When we are hungry or sleepy or when we want something, it is the Uhane that does this function of the body and brain.

The Unihipili is the "Emotional Self" and represents the feelings which are not really expressible in words. Often feelings have more impact on our activity than thoughts and words do. Feelings guide us to a knowledge of our "Inner Self", and are very important to an understanding of our wholeness. "U" means to grunt, and "Nihipili" means to move through the grass like a snake. Together these words describe the nature of the Unihipili. It is emotion without the ability of language. It is the "Inner child" which is so often spoken of in today's new age explanations of human integrity.

We are One within our selves, and we are One with the Oneness of all that is. We need to understand, however that the little Unihipili within us, is like a child has no language. The Unihipili however, holds all of our personal Mana. Mana is the spiritual energy that defines exactly who and what we are and why we have come into being at this time and place. The Mana is the menu of our Life, and our ticket for this lifetime! I cannot express how important this idea is. Most people could have a perfect Life existence if only they could learn to talk with their Unihipili.

Only through the Unihipili, can the Uhane (the individual mind/body) make contact with the "Aumakua". This means that if you loose contact with your Unihipili, you will be almost assuredly become lost on the path of your life. This is a very important idea, yet many if not most people have an Uhane that is not willing to recognize or respect the importance of the little inner child, the Unihipili. One must remember that even without language, the Unihipili has all of our memories from the time of conception onward, and is the only source of our personal Mana.
    Last edited by Delight; 12th January 2014 at 20:02.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Constance (19th November 2015), DebJoy (1st May 2017), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Forgiveness is powerful! It's about non-judgement, releasing us from the insecure Ego mind. Then the god-like state paves the way for willingness and allowing, the precursors to flow of life. The simple utterances are strong by themselves, but if tempered with emotion and feeling they become a tremendous healing method. Feel what it means to say I'm Sorry, Please Forgive Me, Thank You, and I Love You. Feel it in your heart with all the passion you can muster and you'll have a powerful tool for life and living. Can there be a higher state than the frequency of Gratitude and Love?

I'm sorry. Contrition is supplecation to the Divine Intelligence, total surrender to The Nameless One. Stop fighting the Universe, but intend for a different tomorrow.

Thanks for the wonderful video. I love you.
    Last edited by conk; 13th January 2014 at 17:43.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Caren (17th November 2015), Constance (19th November 2015), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017), Wind (13th January 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Dear Donk, your ancestors, all your relations, I love you. Thank you

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
    How I wonder what you are.
    Up above the world so high,
    Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
    When he nothing shines upon,
    Then you show your little light,
    Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the traveller in the dark,
    Thanks you for your tiny spark,
    He could not see which way to go,
    If you did not twinkle so.

In the dark blue sky you keep,
    And often through my curtains peep,
    For you never shut your eye,
    'Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark,
    Lights the traveller in the dark.
    Though I know not what you are,
    Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

Up above the world so high,
    Like a diamond in the sky.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

donk (13th January 2014), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Did you really mean that for me?? I'm blushing, but I think ya got spell-checked...

It's so funny though, I was thinking about posting what my kids and I were talking about the other day, and synchronistically enough, it ended up being this song.

My 9 year, who not only discoverded he KNOWS EVERYTHING, also fancies himself to be clever. So out of seemingly nowhere (but probably some stupid youtube or video game) he says, I wanna go to space, know why?

ME: No, son, why?

9yo: Cuz stars are made of diamonds!

Smart@ss miserable 12yo: No they are not, they are made of ice.

I know my 9yo saw something on a stupid shiny screen (they're both addicts, thanks to me, of course), and my 12yo entered the conversation to be antogonistic, but I like to delude myself that they were actually thinking about what stars are made of.

I remember being a kid...5th or 6th grade physical science class, a kid asks "are stars alive?" I wondered why everyone was laughing so hard, and felt so bad for the poor kid....and still wonder.

Sorry to get off topic...nice thread....

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

BTW I love YOU Conk, Ancestors and Relations. I thank you!

DONK, I must have meant you since the synchronicity appeared.
    "are stars alive?" Hew Len says Yes.

I found this from Adam J. Pearson. He is expressing my "sophisticated and smart, grown up and snarky" memory complex reactions ( I was "grown up" seemingly all my life). I would cringe from fear of being foolish. REAL Knowledge seemed like power. Gee I have much to forget.

Quote While this practice may appear cheesy, it can truly be transformative. I was such a cynic about it at first. I attacked people who practice it as ‘woo woo’ lovers of ‘comforting nonsense’ and dismissed it as a waste of time. However, as I began to feel more miserable in my life, I eventually decided that I had nothing to lose by giving it a chance. As I practiced it, I gradually came to feel its benefits. These benefits are accessible to anybody. No special training is needed to work with the phrases. My experience suggests that working with these phrases can open us up to the deep, unspeakable, and powerful love that Rumi wrote about in his poetry. It is a formless love that does not rely on forms or conditions. My experience is that there is a love that wells up from within that isn’t interested in conceptual fantasies, but embraces reality as it finds it. It is a love that helps unsnare the tangles in our minds and release the shackles of suffering.

It is easy to resist this love-based approach as “hippy nonsense” or “fluffy garbage” or “woo woo” superficiality. I know I resisted and dismissed it in just this way for a long time. But ho’oponopono opens us up to a love far deeper than the superficial love we are accustomed to, a love that embraces even the nastiest, most damaged parts of ourselves and our world and leaves nothing out. Everything looks different when you see it through the eyes of this love. All of the little flaws and points of criticism that the mind obsesses over cease to appear to be problems. They, too, get swept up in the embrace of a love that encompasses the universe and excludes nothing. All of the aversions, attachments, and delusions that cause suffering in the mind are transmuted when they are burned with the fire of a love that holds without clinging. Resisting resistance only breeds more resistance; loving our resistance transforms it into acceptance. Love the mental chains that bind you until they unlock themselves and you find yourself falling gracefully into freedom. Love is the grand opener of all, the master key of Being. And it is the secret weapon of ho’oponopono. http://philosophadam.wordpress.com/2...o-in-practice/
    Last edited by Delight; 13th January 2014 at 18:52.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

conk (13th January 2014), donk (13th January 2014), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

This meditation combines ho'oponopono with EFT tapping

This feels IMO a powerful meditation for relationships

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

conk (13th January 2014), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

A contrast on forgiveness.
    Ho’opono Pono Ke Ala MAKING RIGHT MORE RIGHT THE PATH
    (not making right more right the past.)
    choose moment by moment "no think" and stay in Aloha (love)

Quote Ho’opono Pono Ke Ala,

is the belief system and method for “making right more right, the path.” Many are surprised to learn about this form of Ho’opono pono rooted in the Aloha Spirit rather than of the Christian and Western adaptation for “conflict resolutions.” …Ho’opono Pono Ke Ala predates both adaptations, and brings forward the Aloha for self and to promote “self-best” through self-permission to recognize and accept self-greatness,” to experience it moment-by-moment in all areas of one’s life, and to lay at waste the “fear-based” mind sets for power, control, sins, and damnations. It is the ancient knowing that you are obviously the best “you” ever, there are no duplicates, you’re It, the original YOU; the god-goddess makes no mistakes! .......

...............The Bowl of Light
    (Tales from the Night Rainbow by Pali Lee & Koko Willis,1987)... And so it was known that “each child born came with a Bowl of Perfect Light.” And providing that the child was taught to carefully, mindfully tend to his/ her light, the child grew in strength, and able to do all things - swim with the sharks in the deepest oceans, fly with the birds in the heavens, know and understand all things. If, however, the child becomes envious, jealous, judgmental he/ she must drop a stone into their bowl of light, causing some of the light to go out, since light and stone cannot occupy the same space and time. And if one continues to fill the bowl with stones, the light will go out completely, and he/ she becomes a stone and like a stone, one no longer grows, or is able to move. One remains in this state of being until if at any time, one tires of being a stone and realizes that all he needs to do is turn the bowl upside down, letting all the stones fall out, and light can shine through and fill the bowl again, and grow even brighter than before. The child learns very quickly, that nothing is impossible, and living life in the darkness, the density of trauma and drama, or not is simply a “moment to moment choice.”

“Man has yet to tap into the fullest and most powerful resource found on earth or in all of the Universe. And that resource of powerfulness is no other than that in existence within all mankind. That power within escapes mankind and shall continue to do so, so long as the mind of man seeks sources of power from outside of self. Man sees power in nature and even sees power in all things produced, manufactured by himself and the more that he sees and seeks sources for power outside of self, the more he becomes convinced of his own lack of power…”

.....“reconnecting” Self to Self-Greatness rooted in the Ancient Hawaiian teachings based in the essence of traditional Hawaiian Spirituality, and within the ancient teachings identified as Ho’opono Pono Ke Ala – “making right, more right, the path.” Herein, the implication is the Aloha Spirit value for promoting the “wellness and rightness at the onset. In the Hawaiian aloha mind-set it was understood that one choosing to accept “wellness” at the onset, would receive it sooner than not, so the concept for “wellness,” suited the aloha Values and the practice was eagerly promoted and embraced. This form having existed prior to western and missionary influences, is virtually an unfamiliar practice by most Hawaiians today. http://www.alohaspiritaunty.com/teachings.htm

Last edited by Delight; 13th January 2014 at 20:37.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

This is an Aloha teaching that I enjoyed on working with the Universe from feeling our greatness.
    IMO worth sticking with the first few minutes hard as it gets easier to hear.
    'Aha Wahine Kuhinapapa 2012- Ho'opono Pono Ke Ala

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

conk (14th January 2014), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I met Tobias Lars in the past and enjoy his perceptions. This video is about the shadow and reflection WE mirror. All discordant energy in us needs to be released back to zero. Tobias sees Ho'oponopono as "making Good, Good again" as it was in the beginning before we created a problem. Forgiveness is a means to change what we have created in our field that is discordant.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

conk (15th January 2014), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Here are ideas that inspire peace for me.

The inner child represents ALL possibilities and my conscious self represents the choices I intend. Mother directs the child. I imagine the kind of "mother" I want for my inner child and be her.

I desire to be a mother who is allowing of freedom. I turn to father (higher mind) to give me support, hearing that yes, I am able to trust this path. I focus on Divinity. Creator makes good through me. All the limitations of thoughts and beliefs that I have been stuck in are not really "ours". What is "ours" is an open road directed by Divine for our highest blessings.

The certainty of benevolence is real in my imagination. My relationship to father mother child as one is real in imagination. The intention and practice of communication with the inner child is real in the imagination. Cleaning is real in the imagination.

I as a loving mother (my conscious intention) clean and encourage more of who I am to express "really". I mother and father and child as one can imagine peace and love to be fully expressing. We let Divine create that peace. New inspiring energy enters into the created space of I am (reality as one: mother father child beingness). This is extra good.

I am the Divine child in the world (Self who is the trinity in form) who is not encumbered by limitation. I am Trinity in form playing imaginatively from an inspired perspective. No longer encumbered by stringent guidelines learned of what was allowed: to play and feel free is the truth of I am. Here is a game for a Divine child. It is a great memory cleaning opportunity.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

pueblo (19th September 2020), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

Thank you Delight for this thread,

It has taken me years to clear a lot of past hurts steming from dysfunctional patterns in my family structure, sometimes I get visits by "ghost memories" of which I now know are only residual stuff and I just observe it. A few months ago a friend of mine told me that she didn't understand how I could still speak to my mother after the horrible things I experienced in my childhood. I calmly responded with yes that's one persepective. My friend was shocked at my response since she is still struggling with her own painful memories. Today the perspective I choose is a different one.....I take full responsibility for what I choose to experience and release all pain from the past.
    Sublimating that push in life that gives you the rhythmic experience of living despite it all.........

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

Delight (15th January 2014), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GloriousPoetry (here)
    Thank you Delight for this thread,

It has taken me years to clear a lot of past hurts steming from dysfunctional patterns in my family structure, sometimes I get visits by "ghost memories" of which I now know are only residual stuff and I just observe it. A few months ago a friend of mine told me that she didn't understand how I could still speak to my mother after the horrible things I experienced in my childhood. I calmly responded with yes that's one persepective. My friend was shocked at my response since she is still struggling with her own painful memories. Today the perspective I choose is a different one.....I take full responsibility for what I choose to experience and release all pain from the past.
    Thanks Glorious Poetry so much for this testimony!

Is this yours...? "Inside the eye of the heart three overtures of a divine order decree what is meant to be free and for all healers to see; a true resonsance with the divine balance in life and an opened spiritual door to higher dimensions of light"....so lovely.

Thank you for demonstrating that living in Aloha is real (I am taking "Aloha" on now as grateful beautiful indescribable lifted love feeling). Your friend was shocked in a really good way IMO because you were showing her your peace. It does spread.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GreenGuy (here)
    I don't know why or how ho'oponopono works, but it does. And it says something about the way reality works. If we can create small peace not just within ourselves but for others around us, what kind of power do we have as a planet to manifest peace? For Americans, a lot of this hinges around responsibility. We don't like responsibility. If we don't get what we want, we want someone to blame. This derails the whole process of finding dharma. Taking responsibility for my life is a no-brainer: it's MY life. Who else should I trust it with?
    Yes, "It's "MY life". I tried to like responsibility in the only way I knew how. But I never felt of much use. Also I felt angry because "Someone should have taught me better" And I faked being a "grown up." I crashed and burned and like many others, then I investigated deeply. Responsibility felt like an overwhelm. What was the way to "take care of all this....?"

It felt like such a terrible impossible burden and yes, I knew that no one was "to blame "except me but it's the blame part that has stymied me.

I have a birthday coming up. I'm thinking I am supposed to be, at 59, becoming some sort of "wise" crone and I wish to embrace this state. But I have not had much to give. Now I know I am "not supposed to be" any such "thing". I am just me...Maggie.

Like today, I become overwhelmed by sorting things and I always avoid organizing and now my life is just about to implode in my own irresponsibility for all the minutiae. But I never never really believed life could be easy. I never gave having a larger embracing aspect take care. I never really tried forgiving my self in a way that would release the past.

So now I am trying this path. Tonight I went to my 8 year old image of a kitchen that was a disaster because my mother was sick. That whole time comes to mind and it brings a horrible feeling of incompetence. I have been with my inner child cleaning on being the oldest where Mom was not mentally well and I was the girl and the designated "helper". I cleaned on rage about being burdened.

Later I became a nurse and I really tried to help. But years and years passed of incompetence, because the needs cannot be filled and every day was failure for me....failure failure and more failure. That is what my inner child trusted we would see.

So I am cleaning that I ever expected onerous burden and my anger that no one taught me how to live. my real responsibility as I see it clearly today: approach the Divine for help. Sure the help may manifest through others but I would not be open before because I felt guilty. This is cleaning and cleaning to get to zero so I may forget my responsibility as a burden and impossible to fulfill.

The small fruit is that i willingly began folding clothes that were piled in my bedroom. I am cleaning cleaning cleaning the whole time. Then I take a break. The miraclefor me this week is that I have been successful in agreeing that I am not to blame for a screwed up world...just really screwed up perceptions. The world feels better.
    Last edited by Delight; 15th January 2014 at 23:37.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

32. Link to Post #17
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

Yes Delight inside the eye of the heart is my poem......so appropriate for your thread......when we look through the eye of the heart we are able to expand beyond the blocks that keep us chained to painful and destructive patterns...this goes for all humanity and it's not until we see our pain and every human's pain as everyone's pain that we begin to heal from the inside out......we are all connected....

Many Blessings my friend,
    Gloria
    Sublimating that push in life that gives you the rhythmic experience of living despite it all.........

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GloriousPoetry (here)
    Yes Delight inside the eye of the heart is my poem......so appropriate for your thread......when we look through the eye of the heart we are able to expand beyond the blocks that keep us chained to painful and destructive patterns...this goes for all humanity and it's not until we see our pain and every human's pain as everyone's pain that we begin to heal from the inside out......we are all connected....

Many Blessings my friend,
    Gloria
    Here is a poem that is coming out from my inner child.

Pain makes me want to hide.
    there is a tutle in the closet wholaid an egg.
    I feel afraid that the egg won't survive or the mama turtle.

Jumping in with you now Margaret Ann, here I Am.
    May I stroke your brown hair smooth.
    The lettuce wasn't eaten Margaret ann dear beautiful being. I love you.

Hear inside your heart.
    I am a loving mother to this turtle.
    Let's go outside and dig a hole in the bushes.
    Let's take the mother turtle out early in the morning

We will show her a baby egg cradled in dirt and leaves:
    She likes the winter because she finds insects scuttling in the sun.
    Mothers love their children just like I love you.
    Thank You dear Margaret Ann for being part of me.""

Margaret Ann felt someone was there caring for her like she cared for the turtle.
    Confidence travels from one place to another over the threads of love.
    Release the memory of pain.
    Make the good more good today for all of yesterday.

It boosts the signals and Aloha reverberates.
    That is the new earth way.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

GloriousPoetry (16th January 2014), The Freedom Train (5th May 2017)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote The meaning of ALOHA

A = AO
    L = LOKAHI
    O = OIAIO
    H = HA'A HA'A
    A = ALOHA As a code of conduct, a way of acting.

As our power grows to a higher level, our capabilities will grow, too. The paradox is that as our own power increases, we use less and less of it. The more powerful we become, the more powerful our words are, the more attention we need to pay to what we do with our actions, thoughts and words. When we become totally powerful, we don't use it at all.

A = AO

Appears as AO, NA AO, NA AU AO

Light - In our behavior, one of the things that we need to do is to look to see that all of our behavior moves us toward the light. Therefore always ask: does my behavior lead me toward earth-ing my energy or toward enlightenment? So we should be acting in a way that leads others and ourselves toward the light, in the direction of the light with watchful alertness.
    To look -HO'O AO to look for right time and right place. To pay attention to what's happening around you, look outside self, being circumscribed (meaning appropriate in all occasions). Someone not circumscribed will act silly and talk, talk, talk... And when we talk we're not listening. Interesting people like to overwhelm us. Interested people listen to us. So, look around and take everything in. Pay attention!! You have to choose whether it is the right timing to say what you have to say out loud or not.

L = LOKAHI

Oneness. Oneness among us. All is one. We need to support the people that are with us on the path. Anything less that 100% support is sabotage. Oneness requires being PONO and ONE with everybody. PONO means, if you've got something with me, come and tell me. The process can be done inside self and outside in person. Get together and talk it out. (KUKA KUKA) If you are "inside" you can't look to the other person to see if you're PONO. This is why it is very important to know how to listen and look across rather than talk and look inside.

"Every breath of air coming out your mouth, sucks your eyes out."

O = OIAIO

I'O = truth. Tell the truth. Most of us are too polite to tell each other the truth and by this action we actually don't participate totally in the process of constructing our Universe. Apart of the fact that we put this message out as being all right, we hold back a part of us and we don't have total truth. Therefore we can't have Oneness. Withholding something back is just not allowing us to be one with anyone.

We can't have LOKAHI without full OIAIO. If we don't trust people with the same goals & aspirations as ourselves, that are on the same path, then who can we trust????

H = HA'A HA'A

Means to be humble. HA'A HA'A is a very important concept in being aware. Ego is a big trap in the spiritual evolution. The minute you think you know something, you're ruined in spiritual matters. The only reason you're not saying the truth is ego. "He doesn't deserve the truth". If you play the game of power you'll always have to know more than others. If you're playing the game of showing off, you'll always have to have more than others to show.

On the other hand, the more you're putting out there in terms of sharing with others, the more is coming back to you, and accordingly you get more and more energy coming to you. Remember to remain humble. If you think you know more than others, then you have to prove it, and the minute you have to prove it, it becomes power and the minute it's power it's not the last A...which is:

A = ALOHA

Absolute, true love. The minute you think you're better than somebody else, the minute you make comparisons, judgments and spiritual judgments, you separate yourself from the true Love. In that moment you give up the spark of divine essence that comes from pure spirit, the love that we are, all of us. The minute we make comparisons, we're not HA'A HA'A. According to the research, Elizabeth Kubler Ross, wrote in a book: "before you go you're going to be asked: Did you love enough? Did you learn enough?"
    http://www.ancienthuna.com/advanced_huna.htm
    Quote THE ALOHA SPIRIT
    a.k.a. The Little Pink Booklet of Aloha
    by Serge Kahili King
    copyright by Serge King 2003
    You may copy, share and post this document as
    often as you wish on condition that it not
    be sold. For a free copy in booklet form,
    email your name and postal address to
    huna@huna.org
    The Aloha Spirit is a well known reference
    to the attitude of friendly acceptance for
    which the Hawaiian Islands are so famous. However, it also refers to a powerful way to
    resolve any problem, accomplish any goal, and to achieve any state of mind or body that
    you desire.
    In the Hawaiian language, aloha stands for much more than just "hello" or "goodbye" or
    "love." Its deeper meaning is "the joyful (oha) sharing (alo) of life energy (ha) in the
    present (alo)."As you share this energy you become attuned
    to the Universal Power that the Hawaiians call mana. And the loving use of this incredible Power is the secret for attaining true
    health, happiness, prosperity and success.

The way to tune into this Power and have it work for you is so simple that you might be
    tempted to pass it off as being too easy to be true. Please don't let yourself be fooled by
    appearances. Take the time to try it out. This is the most powerful technique in the
    world, and although it is extremely simple it may not prove easy, because you must remember
    to do it and you have to do it a lot.

It is a secret which has been given to humanity
    over and over again, and here it is once more
    in another form. The secret is this:

Bless everyone and everything that represents what you want!
    That's all there is to it. Anything that simple, however, does need some explanation.
    To bless something means to give recognition or emphasis to a positive quality,
    characteristic or condition, with the intent that what is recognized or emphasized will
    increase, endure or come into being.

Blessing is effective in changing your life or getting what you want for three reasons:
    First of all, the positive focus of your mind stirs up the positive,
    creative force of the Power of the Universe.

Secondly, it moves your own energy outward, allowing more of the Power to come through you. Thirdly, when you
    bless for the benefit of others instead of directly for yourself, you tend to bypass any subconscious fears about what you want
    for yourself, and also the very focus on the blessing acts to increase the same good in
    your life.

What is so beautiful about this process is that the blessing you do for others
    helps them as well as you. Blessing may be done with imagery or touch,
    but the most usual and easy way to do it is
    with words. The main kinds of verbal blessing are:
    Admiration
    - This is the giving of compliments
    or praise to something good that you
    notice. E.g., "What a beautiful sunset; I like that flower; you're such a wonderful person."
    Affirmation
    - This is a specific statement of blessing for increase or endurance.
    E.g., "I bless the beauty of this tree; blessed be the health of your body."
    Appreciation
    - This is an expression of gratitude that something good exists or has
    happened. E.g., "Thank you for helping me; I give
    thanks to the rain for nourishing the land."
    Anticipation
    - This is blessing for the future. E.g
    ., "We're going to have a great picnic; I bless your increased income;
    Thank you for my perfect mate; I wish you a happy journey;
    May the wind be always at your back."

In order to gain the most benefit from blessing, you will have to give up or cut way down
    on the one thing that negates it: cursing. This doesn't mean swearing or saying "bad"
    words. It refers to the opposite of blessing, namely criticizing instead of admiring;
    doubting instead of affirming; blaming instead of appreciating; and worrying instead of
    anticipating with trust. Whenever any of these are done they
    tend to cancel out some of the effects of blessing. So the more you curse
    the harder it will be and the longer it will take to get the good from a blessing.
    On the other hand, the more you bless the less harm any cursing will do. http://www.alohainternational.org/html/alohaspirit.pdf

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I am romancing about the ancient knowledge that the Hawaiian popular name Huna teachings became now. I doubt I will ever experience a pure tradition behind these modern interpretations. WE are maybe making it up along the way on the path all over again.

http://www.urbanhuna.org/links/

Quote The basic assumptions of Huna are these:

1. The World Is What You Think It Is.
    2. There are no limits.
    3. Energy Flows Where Attention Goes.
    4. Now Is The Moment Of Power.
    5. To Love Is To Be Happy With (someone or something).
    6. All Power Comes From Within.
    7. Effectiveness Is The Measure Of Truth.

The Three Selves (or Four)

Another set of assumptions used in Huna is that human behaviour and experience can be explained and changed through the interaction of three (sometimes four) selves, aspects or functions:

1. The High Self (Kane, Aumakua), inspires.
    2. The Conscious Self (Lono) imagines.
    3. The Subconscious Self (Ku) remembers.
    4. The Core Self (Kanaloa) wills.

The Four Levels of Reality

A third set of assumptions coming from the kupua tradition divides all experience into four levels or frameworks of beliefs about reality which can be summarized as follows:

1. Everything is objective (Scientific reality).
    2. Everything is subjective (Psychic reality).
    3. Everything is symbolic (Shamanic reality).
    4. Everything is holistic (Mystical reality).

The kupua (Hawaiian shaman) learns to move in and out of these realities in order to change experience more effectively.http://www.urbanhuna.org/whats-huna/

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast