Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: HOAX: Lawrence Spencer's 'ALIEN INTERVIEW'

1. Link to Post #21
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

Default Re: HOAX: Lawrence Spencer's 'ALIEN INTERVIEW'

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)

It's free if you pay $5.00 to download it...
    That tells us something, isn't it?
    I remember reading "copies" of the "original" letters for free. I had bookmarked it, and when i came back, maybe a year later, it was not anymore available due to copyright issues.
    so far for selfless, "free" intentions...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bashi For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Hey Bill,

Are you familiar with the Thiaoouba Prophecy book? If yes, what's your take on it...

Thanks!
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

5. Link to Post #23
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by bashi (here)

I remember reading "copies" of the "original" letters for free. I had bookmarked it, and when i came back, maybe a year later, it was not anymore available due to copyright issues.
    so far for selfless, "free" intentions...
    Here you go, enjoy.:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Post:

bashi (21st October 2010), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

thats GREAT, thanks
    argument retracted
    Last edited by bashi; 21st October 2010 at 17:04.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bashi For This Post:

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,204 times in 4,590 posts

Quote Posted by Fredkc (here)
    From page 12:
    "Fortunately subjective reality does not require proof. Therefore I decided to write this book...."

Ok... had to come back, since I am a sucker for great poetic stuff, said simply.

From page 50:
    For the sake of accuracy and simplicity I will use a made-up word: "IS-BE". Because the primary nature of an immortal being is that they live in a timeless state of "is", and the only reason for their existence is that they decide to "be".

The syllogism IS-BE sounds very much the same to me as BE-ING(S). It's not more mystical than that in my opinion..

Be-ing ( verb ) is prolonged state of existence. Being ( noun ) is an individual capable of cognizing he exists .

If those Be-ings recognized themselves only by definition of be-ing but not an identity they'd not be identifiable.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

11. Link to Post #26
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Harley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,344 times in 1,378 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    He DID offer that disclaimer - but he very probably never anticipated that so many readers would assume it was real.
    It's a bit reminiscent of the Orson Welles War of the Worlds radio broadcast, only he let this one get away from him!
    Harley

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Harley For This Post:

13. Link to Post #27
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

I recently came across this e-book and it rings true to me...

Called "Alien Interview"…

http://issuu.com/theresistance/docs/...lor/layout.xml

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

ASIA (28th January 2011), Caterpillars Lens (28th January 2011), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), Lifebringer (10th February 2013), Pamela (27th January 2011), SAUFOR (12th February 2013), smig (28th January 2011), Spadrylk (3rd February 2011)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 times in 211 posts

Although one might deeply resonate with some or much of the material that is "revealed" in the book, the narrative and the alleged interview are, unfortunately, a complete fabrication.

Lawrence R. Spencer, the Author (or Editor of the book, as he calls himself), timidly admits to this fact in his Disclaimer, when he writes that "for all practical purposes, the content of the book is a work of fiction."

He also writes: "Some material contained in the book may have similarities to Earth philosophies." Well, after having read the first seven chapters, last night, I dare say that the similarities may have crossed the territory of plagiarism. Paragraph after paragraph, page after page, a great amount of the concepts and ideas that are presented within come directly from the works of L. Ron Hubbard — not only his Scientology books and lectures, but also some of his later works of fiction.

From the very first pages of the book, there were so many signs leading to that conclusion, that I should have thought of using the search engine of the Forum (a great tool, I now realize), before investing any more time reading the book. I just did and found a very informative post by Bill Ryan, in which he affirms and demonstrates, with absolute certainty, that "Alien Interview", by Lawrence R. Spencer, is indeed a hoax.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...s-is-a-hoax-BR)

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...LIEN-INTERVIEW
    P.S.: Pointing out the disingenuousness of the author does not invalidate the spiritual concepts that rang true to you, dear original poster. There are some wonderful ideas in the book that deserve to be explored, discussed and, perhaps, even embraced... We are all sincere truth seekers, here, but I think you will agree that the road to Truth does not need to be paved with deliberate misdirections and lies.
    Last edited by atman; 28th January 2011 at 20:46. Reason: P.S. added

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Atlas (26th November 2014), Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Czarek (10th February 2013), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), Fructedor (29th January 2011), Garry Irwin (28th January 2011), Hiram (2nd February 2011), Holly Lindin (3rd February 2011), KosmicKat (29th January 2011), SAUFOR (12th February 2013)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,562 times in 32,726 posts

-------

Guys, this is a hoax. (Sorry!)

As this was continually resurfacing, I posted a definitive statement here a few weeks ago:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...LIEN-INTERVIEW

---------------------

‘ALIEN INTERVIEW’ by Lawrence Spencer

Unfortunately, this book is a hoax. This is definitive.

Lawrence Spencer is careful (presumably for legal reasons) to offer the written disclaimer that 'Alien Interview'. should be regarded as a work of fiction, but it does the UFO community (and the Scientology community - see below) no favors when Spencer maintained on subsequent radio talk shows, some with sizable audiences, that the purported "interview" really happened. It did not.

Conveniently, the claimed source, "Matilda MacElroy" is "deceased" - and Spencer "destroyed all the original documentation". So we'll just have to take his word for it... and his word, publicly stated, is that he is portraying real events. Sadly, his word is not very honorable, and he is lying. I don't often deploy that unpleasant word, but here its use is accurate and fair.

Any Scientologist with any experience will instantly recognize the very large number of terms and concepts directly borrowed from (and sourced by) L. Ron Hubbard.

These are literally too numerous to list, starting right at the start with "doll bodies", "what's true is what's true for you", "If you were looking for Hell, the Earth would suffice", liberal use of the term "Space Opera", the concept that the Earth is a prison planet, and much, much, much else. Find any friendly Scientologist and they will be pleased and intrigued to go through the book line by line with you. There's a smoking gun on almost every page.

Spencer has maybe made an unfortunate judgment, and written an interesting work of fiction (and don't get me wrong here: many of the metaphysical concepts, formulated by Hubbard, may be valuable and have a great deal of truth to them) - but has then fallen into the trap of using his idea of journalistic license to portray the concepts in the framework of a "true story".

This does not help genuine UFO research one iota, and further confuses the complex Roswell issue - in which real, elderly witnesses, with great courage at the end of their lives, have come forward to tell their very real stories. Spencer discredits and dishonors these fine people by what he has done. This is my issue.

Almost as an afternote: there are many other problems with the book - many of which are already cited by other reviewers. Use of the terms "carbon dating", "computer", "database", "alien" (the Roswell survivor was called an EBE, or Extraterrestrial Biological Entity), MacElroy being a "Senior Master Sergeant" - and more - are all anachronisms: the words or terms did not exist in 1947, and show clearly that this is recent writing. The date stamp is also wrong: the author uses the English notation of 9.7.1947 for 9 July 1947... a little slip, written by Spencer, who although American is very familiar with England.

Lastly, consider what the alien's name ('AIRL') is an anagram of.

The final nail in the coffin is this e-mail, written by Spencer himself in 2000:

Sent: 07 November 2000 02:12
    To: Graham Hancock
    Subject: Your victory

Dear Graham,

Congratulations to you and Robert on your victory regarding the BBC 
attack! Well Done! I commend you on your courage and persistence.

I am the author of "The Oz Factors" (I sent both yourself and Robert a 
copy of my book last spring), so I certainly do have some first hand 
knowledge how the mainstream academic vested interests operate to 
suppress the truth. My book discusses this subject as one of the 12 
"Oz Factors" which prevent our civilization from discovering answers 
to the mysteries of our existence.

I have been a Scientologist for 31 years. A good deal of my book is an 
application of the principles of L. Ron Hubbard as regards the fields 
of study into which you and Robert have so bravely advanced. Perhaps 
the material in my book will be of assistance to you at some point in 
your research.

Keep up the good fight!

Very Best Regards,
    Lawrence R. Spencer
    author of "The Oz Factors"

Read this book as the metaphysically fascinating work of fiction that it is. Spencer's post-publication behavior, however, elevates this "fiction" to the level of a dishonorable hoax, for which he should be ashamed. He could have handled this much, much better.

I'm a UFO researcher myself. If you want the truth, there are many other places to find it. And if Spencer wants to contact me, he can through Project Avalon or Project Camelot (bill@projectavalon.net).

I'd be interested to know privately what possessed him to go so far and to paint himself into such a corner, from which escape is now almost impossible without him continuing to deceive his readers.

Bill Ryan
    PROJECT AVALON
    PROJECT CAMELOT

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anikohu (1st February 2011), Atlas (26th November 2014), Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), cowens66 (29th January 2011), Davidallany (5th August 2012), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), Dorok (2nd February 2011), kanishk (4th August 2012), ketikoti (30th January 2011), KosmicKat (29th January 2011), Lifebringer (10th February 2013), SAUFOR (12th February 2013), seko (29th July 2012), Sophocles (21st January 2014), Yoda (21st January 2014)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 times in 309 posts

thank you for bringing this to our attention....

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member EC1000's Avatar
    Lately it seems to me that I live in the dream of all that is.
    Thanks

I didn't realize the author ws a scientologist, thats all i need to hear (no offense intended). Was an entertaining read though

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EC1000 For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), Dorok (2nd February 2011)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    French
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EC1000 (here)
    I didn't realize the author ws a scientologist, thats all i need to hear (no offense intended). Was an entertaining read though
    It is perhaps a waste of time to write an additional comment in an inactive thread, especially after it was clearly established (in this thread and in two previous ones) that the book referred to in the original post is a hoax.

But even though my comment may be akin to preaching in the desert and may only be read by an overworked moderator , I feel compelled to make it, if only as a matter of principle.

First, let me repeat a notion from the above quote: No offense intended. I truly mean it (like, I am sure, the poster above meant it).

While I am neither pro Scientology, nor anti Scientology, and while I know there is ample evidence on the Internet that contributes to create a very negative image of the subject, the official organization and/or some of the members, I find it nevertheless disconcerting, intellectually, to come across such an unreasonable blanket dismissal of an entire category of people, on a forum such as this one — “unreasonable”, because it clearly does not result from a personal study and understanding of the subject matter:

Quote I didn't realize the author was a scientologist, thats all i need to hear (no offense intended).
    The prejudice is more evident and more absurd, when we express it towards groups of people that we are more familiar with or closer to:
    • I didn't realize the author was a Buddhist, that's all I need to hear (no offense intended).
    • I didn't realize the lady was a channeler, that's all I need to hear (no offense intended).
    • I didn't realize the guy was a Avalon Forum member, that's all I need to hear (no offense intended).

Generalization can be useful in various fields of science, but it is a dangerous mechanism when it is flippantly applied in society, because:
    • it inevitably quells one's willingness to look beyond the “label”;
    • it reduces one's ability to recognize the similarities as well as the differences in others;
    • it gives one a false sense of understanding and thus furthers misunderstanding.

History, moreover, has shown time after time that sweeping negative generalizations, in the social fabric, always lead to intolerance, separation and conflict — all under the standard of stupid righteousness or righteous stupidity, a phenomenon so cruelly rampant in our current world.

We all have a right to our own opinions (no matter how wrong, how correct or how volatile they might be) and I truly appreciate the whole spectrum of personal viewpoints that are expressed with integrity and reason and respect on this forum. Truth be told, I particularly cherish those that challenge me a little bit and that help me to widen my own horizons and to grow...

It is my understanding that the flags of preconceived notions, of fixed ideas and of close-mindedness can only be waved with pride... in the streets of deliberate ignorance.

Fortunately, I have found no such streets on the maps of this beautiful forum.

There is so much to explore, so much to learn, so much to share!

Discernment is essential, but let us keep the doors of our minds and the windows of our hearts... wide open!

24. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Banshee (4th February 2011), Bill Ryan (2nd February 2011), Bryn ap Gwilym (2nd February 2011), Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Craig (28th January 2014), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), ElusiveHippo (22nd January 2014), frozen alchemy (7th June 2012), HaveBlue (29th December 2018), Hiram (2nd February 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (18th September 2012), Nickolai (30th September 2012), razvan (6th July 2015), SAUFOR (12th February 2013), Snookie (19th February 2013), Steven (2nd February 2011)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

hello atman-thanks for taking the time out of your day to calling me absurd and predjudice. perhaps i am a bit biased regarding scientology, due to material i have read linking L Ron Hubbard and the top level the Scientolgy "religion" to satanism-which is one thing i do not have an open mind to. not that i want to belabor a petty argument but I am very curious as to how you came to the determination that my view was "unreasonable because it doesn't result from personal study of the topic".

now, here's a real short lecture for you: you did the same thing to me that you accused me of doing to all scientologist.
    Last edited by EC1000; 1st February 2011 at 16:33.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EC1000 For This Post:

Banshee (4th February 2011), Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

If you want something more informative about E.T's may I suggest the Bodhgaya Event thread on this forum... it really is quite something.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gajanana For This Post:

Astra (2nd February 2011), Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), EC1000 (1st February 2011), modwiz (1st February 2011), SAUFOR (12th February 2013)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    French
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EC1000 (here)
    hello atman-thanks for taking the time out of your day to calling me absurd and predjudice. perhaps i am a bit biased regarding scientology, due to material i have read linking L Ron Hubbard and the top level the Scientolgy "religion" to satanism-which is one thing i do not have an open mind to. not that i want to belabor a petty argument but I am very curious as to how you came to the determination that my view was "unreasonable because it doesn't result from personal study of the topic".

now, here's a real short lecture for you: you did the same thing to me that you accused me of doing to all scientologist.
    Hello EC1000.

Thank you for your response and for engaging into a dialogue with me.

As far as your "real short lecture" for me is concerned, I fail to see the similarity in what you accuse me of, but thanks for your honesty.

You do seem to have taken my perspective and my comments as a personal attack and I am truly sorry about that. I did write, like you did, "No offense intended", but I am willing to admit that some of my affirmations could have been construed as judgmental.
    Just as a note, before we carry on: contrary to the many posters on this forum who express themselves with eloquence and with what appears to be a natural simplicity, I truly find the process of translating my thoughts into words arduous. I could try and justify myself by saying that English is not my native language, but I am sure that I would find it as difficult to write in French (my mother tongue). So please bear with me! And please realize that I am not your enemy, here!
    To make it very clear, it is not YOU, the person, that I find absurd.

What I find absurd is the wall that you have built in your mind as a result of a prejudice.

The following definitions of the word prejudice are what I am referring to:
    a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge
    b : an instance of such judgment or opinion
    c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prejudice

I am not saying that you are a bad person. You are most likely a very good person.

I just find it unfortunate, as well as a little disturbing and unsatisfying, intellectually, that you are willing to dismiss, out of hand, anything and everything that is closely or remotely associated with a particular label ("scientologist"), when it is clear that your opinion does not derive from a personal observation, analysis and understanding of the subject.

Don't you see the incongruity and even the danger in that?

Quote I am very curious as to how you came to the determination that my view was "unreasonable because it doesn't result from personal study of the topic"
    By your own admission, simply, when you wrote that you "didn't realize that the author was a scientologist."

And as pointed out by Bill Ryan, in his message, above:

Quote Any Scientologist with any experience will instantly recognize the very large number of terms and concepts directly borrowed from (and sourced by) L. Ron Hubbard.
    In regards to the concern that you have expressed: it is true that Hubbard dabbled in the occult, as part of his research on the mind, the spirit and the human potential, but I can assure you that there is nothing, in all the materials and all the practices of Scientology, that has anything to do with "Satanism".

I am certain that all Scientologists, including those at the very top levels of the organization, would find the idea of worshiping a diabolic entity not only absurd, but also revolting.

Let me share a tiny bit of information on my personal background, to show you why I feel that I am in a position to present a valuable perspective on this matter:
    • I am myself an ex-Scientologist.
    • I was involved with the movement for 25 years, starting in 1975, and as a full-time staff member for the first ten years.
    • I was expelled from the official organization in 2000 after having spoken publicly against the current leader (David Miscavige - a very corrupt hat, IMHO).
    • I have never met L. Ron Hubbard (who died in January 1986), but I have worked very closely with many who have. I have also worked with two of his children. That was from 1978 to 1985, after I had joined the "Sea Org" and signed a billion-year contract, to "get Ethics in on this planet and the universe"...

You read that right, a billion-year contract!

Yes, my friend, I was an idealist...

And here I am today!

The world we live in is extremely complex. Information and misinformation abound. It is hard to make sense of any of it.

Nothing is perfectly white or perfectly black. There are many, many shades of gray.

I remember an old poem (unattributed) that L. Ron Hubbard once issued as a policy letter and that I would like, in conclusion, to share with you:

There is so much good in the worst of us
    And so much bad in the best of us
    That it ill behooves any of us
    To talk about the rest of us.
    Last edited by atman; 8th February 2011 at 01:43. Reason: corrected date of L. Ron Hubbard's death

30. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Anchor (3rd February 2011), Banshee (4th February 2011), Bill Ryan (2nd February 2011), Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Craig (28th January 2014), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), Dorok (2nd February 2011), EC1000 (2nd February 2011), Hiram (2nd February 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd February 2011), muxfolder (21st October 2015), Nickolai (30th September 2012), razvan (6th July 2015), SAUFOR (12th February 2013), seko (29th July 2012), Snookie (19th February 2013)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

atman-that was a legnthy response! i'll reply tomorrow.
    thanks

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EC1000 For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd February 2011), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member Buchanan561's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to say that I find this type of discussion very valuable and educational. When I say this I am thinking of all those silent readers that come to this forum just to learn. Their hungry eyes scan carefully what is being said and learn from that. I myself read carefully and learn from it. There are so many out there in these rapidly changing times who are hungry for new knowledge. And so many more who just don't know where to look for it. I can understand Eclooo feeling that he was misunderstood, and I can understand atman writing what he did. It was good to know what Atman shared and I thank him for what he wrote. Not because of how it might (and obviously did) cause Eclooo to feel slighted and somewhat miffed, but be cause it opened a door for atman to share a lot of information about his knowledge and experience regarding this subject matter, Scientology. I am sorry if either of them felt discomfort, but glad that that discomfort, or misunderstanding was shared here so that many others could learn from that information. (and situation)And I am again saying that because of all those silent readers who do not post. I was one for many years.

I have several of Ron Hubbard's books in my library and read them several years ago but I was never a member. But a friend of mine was and he was a clear. From reading it I realized that I was a clear and it was from birth, I did not have to learn it. It was natural to me. I was always at that point. I just put the books back on the shelf and reached for all my others.

I know that dissent is frowned upon here at Avalon 2, but I believe that dissent is healthy and the silent readers learn more from this than having everyone just rubber stamp everything that is posted. I thank Atman for his posts, and also for Eclooo for allowing his quick thought to be posted. I really like this thread and all that was written. I thank you both and expecially Atman for adding to many's knowledge and understanding on how to relate to others. Emma

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Buchanan561 For This Post:

atman (2nd February 2011), Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), EC1000 (2nd February 2011), Nickolai (30th September 2012), razvan (6th July 2015), SAUFOR (12th February 2013), sister (6th February 2011), slipsheet (2nd February 2011)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    French
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Buchanan561 (here)
    I would like to say that I find this type of discussion very valuable and educational. When I say this I am thinking of all those silent readers that come to this forum just to learn. Their hungry eyes scan carefully what is being said and learn from that. I myself read carefully and learn from it. (...)
    I thank you for your kind appreciation and for the perspective that you have brought to this discussion, Emma.

To tell you the truth, I did not expect that anyone would continue to read this thread beyond Bill Ryan's post (#3).

And so, I wrote my original post to EC1000 (#6) primarily as a symbolic gesture — sort of a call to not allow our minds to become restricted by labels — while hoping at the same time that I was not going terribly off-topic or out of line by doing so!

In the end, I am happy to know that the ensuing dialogue has been of value to you and that it might also be helpful to others, including some of the current or future "silent readers".

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), Hiram (2nd February 2011), SAUFOR (12th February 2013)

37. Link to Post #39
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

This interview reminds of the lacerta files.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to ArjunaArcana For This Post:

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,750 times in 2,555 posts

What about Gary Zeitlan's (sp?) War in Heaven material - wonder if there is any validity in that. I found this material disturbing.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vi...al_Information

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (20th April 2022), EC1000 (2nd February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast