+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 7 17 20 LastLast

Thread: Sci Fi/ Fantasy Adult Chick Flicks

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,262 times in 5,712 posts

Default Re: Sci Fi/ Fantasy Adult Chick Flicks

"The History of Future folk (2013)" Music saves the day and the earth....a pair of soldiers from the planet Hondo tasked with destroying the present Earth dwellers discover music and realize that humans can’t deserve extinction. (Also, they become famous in the NYC folk music scene.)

found here
    http://putlocker.bz/watch-the-histor...putlocker.html

Upstream Color (2013)
    Quote "Upstream Color is a love story that screws with everything that we know about love stories."
    Read more at http://filmschoolrejects.com/feature...dyZZLPkBrsf.99

found here

http://putlocker.bz/watch-upstream-c...putlocker.html

"The Zero Theorem (2014) "
    Quote ....Like a great professor who makes complicated ideas easy to understand, and more importantly, fun to think about, Gilliam boils down basic questions about human existence to a series of weirdly relatable physical conflicts, which is why “The Zero Theorem” dances on the edge of nothingness, and manages to find something incredibly powerful to say".http://www.thewrap.com/the-zero-theorem-review/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Alien Ramone (27th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #122
    United States Avalon Member Alien Ramone's Avatar
    Thanks

Last edited by Alien Ramone; 17th December 2015 at 19:28.

4. Link to Post #123
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

This one fits both the thread and PA!

Plot

The human race has been taken over by small parasitic aliens called "Souls". The Souls travel to distant planets en masse, in individual capsules, inserting themselves individually into a host body of that planet's dominant species. The Soul completely replaces the consciousness of its host, though they are able to access the host's memories. Occupied hosts are identifiable by silver rings that form in the hosts' eyes...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Agape (30th April 2014), Delight (1st May 2014), donk (30th April 2014), kanishk (21st May 2014)

6. Link to Post #124
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Watched it last night AZ, good flick and I agree 100% that it exactly fits the OP (my chick loved it)

I thought it was clever how they got an alien invasion (total earth takeover) with only special effects/costumes needed were contact lenses

7. Link to Post #125
    Thanks

Great thread!! Even if I have seen a lot of the movies mentioned, there´s even more I haven´t seen or even heard of! So... I will have to find them!

Most of my favourite movies have been mentioned, with "The fountain" as my total nr 1, closely followed by "The prestige" and "Kate & Leopold" (no, it´s no coincidence Hugh Jackman plays the lead in all of them ).

And I am a big Battlestar Galactica-fan so seeing the clip earlier in the thread of the last jump really brought back memories what a totally fantastic series it is. Cried through the last two episodes, just watching everything falling into place...

However, I have to mention the following, perhaps more light-hearted, movies:

HARVEY, about James Stewart invisible friend, a white 6-foot tall rabbit which is actually a Celtic spirit, a puukka. His family is embarrassed but some people do understand him...:

BRIGADOON, about Gene Kelly and his friend who goes to Scotland on a hunting trip but ends up doing a time travel. A lot of song and dance numbers but a very cute story:

"All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again."
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aurvandil For This Post:

Delight (17th May 2014)

9. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

The Last Mimzy (2007)

Quote Sweet, smart, and tender: you can’t say that about too many science-fiction movies. But this one will delight kids and adults alike with its expansive sense of wonder — what if the future were talking to us? — and its vitally of-the-moment environmental alertness: what if the people of the future needed us to save them from the damage we’re doing to the planet here in their past? http://www.flickfilosopher.com/2007/...zy-review.html

Frequency (2000)

Quote A rare atmospheric phenomenon allows a New York City firefighter to communicate with his son 30 years in the future via short-wave radio. The son uses this opportunity to warn the father of his impending death in a warehouse fire, and manages to save his life.

see here

http://putlocker.bz/watch-frequency-...putlocker.html
    Last edited by Delight; 17th May 2014 at 04:21.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Agape (20th May 2014), Alien Ramone (20th May 2014), kanishk (21st May 2014)

11. Link to Post #127
    Thanks

I thin this is a BEAUTIFUL movie and very thoughtful. "Science" fiction is a broad category IMO.

"Manika, the Girl who Lived Twice (1989)"

In this dramatised true story, Manika (Ayesha Dharker) is a girl born in a Catholic family in a south Indian fishing village. She is convinced that she has recently had a former life as a Brahman wife in Nepal. Her parish priest, Father Daniel (Julian Sands) is under orders to convince her otherwise, as reincarnation does not accord with official Catholic doctrine. Instead, he agrees to journey with her to the site of her dreams of a previous life. Once there, they discover that all is just as she had dreamed it, and her former husband has remarried despite promising not to. Her arrival on the scene does not disturb the man, but it really upsets his new wife, who departs with their baby. Manika decides that it helps no one for her to remain there in Nepal, and returns to her home in the south. However, all this has caused a genuine crisis of faith for the priest who, witnessing all this, has to grapple with some irreconcilable issues.

In 3 parts on youtube...the first is posted and the remaining episodes from this website http://blog.meditation-presence.com/614/

"Being Human (1994)"

One man must learn the meaning of love and courage across four lifetimes centuries apart. Starring: Robin Williams

"Cafe de Flore (2011)"

Two love stories in two different "times" linked. The music stayed with me....

I found it here

http://www.solarmovie.tl/link/play/2067346/
    Last edited by Delight; 20th May 2014 at 17:18.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Alien Ramone (21st May 2014), kanishk (21st May 2014)

13. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

TV movies from the past...

"The People (1972)"

A schoolteacher goes to work at an isolated farm community where the residents are sullen and strange and children live joyless lives. As she tries to get her students to open up, she discovers that the people here have a great secret... and have powers.

Quote "World on a Wire (1973)"

A new supercomputer hosts a simulation program that includes an artificial world with over 9,000 "identity units" who live as human beings, unaware that their world is just a simulacron. Professor Vollmer, who is technical director of the program, is apparently on the verge of an incredible secret discovery. He becomes increasingly agitated and anti-social before dying in a mysterious accident. His successor, Dr. Fred Stiller, has a discussion with Günther Lause, the security adviser of the institute, when the latter suddenly disappears without trace, before passing on Vollmer's secret to Stiller. More mysterious still is the fact that none of the other IKZ employees seem to have any memory of Lause.....Its focus is not on action, but on sophistic and philosophic aspects of the human mind, simulation, and the role of scientific research. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_on_a_Wire

"The Girl The Gold Watch and Everything (1980)"

The idea of a watch that stops time for everyone except the bearer

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Agape (22nd May 2014), Alien Ramone (23rd May 2014), kanishk (21st May 2014)

15. Link to Post #129
    Thanks

I watched "Europa Report", a sorta "Blair Witch Project" for the "first manned mission outside of near earth orbit since 1972" (to Jupiter's moon), thought it was pretty good

16. Link to Post #130
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

All too real:

... and my all time favorite, The Chinese version of "The Matrix":

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Agape (22nd May 2014), Delight (20th May 2014), kanishk (21st May 2014)

18. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Alien Ramone For This Post:

Delight (23rd May 2014)

20. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

"Frequencies (aka OXV The Manual)2013"

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Agape (28th May 2014), noprophet (23rd October 2015)

22. Link to Post #133
    Thanks

"Lucia (2013)"

An intelligent non-linear film, where the boundaries between reality and dreams blur and nothing is really as it seems.

can see it here

http://putlocker.bz/watch-lucia-onli...putlocker.html

"THE CONGRESS (2013)"

Quote Very loosely based on Stanislaw Lem’s novel The Futurological Congress, this is a hugely ambitious film that grapples with big ideas about the power of fantasy and the paradoxical powerlessness of celebrity, in ways that are reminiscent of The Matrix (although it’s far more pessimistic) and the works of Terry Gilliam (particularly in his explorations of mental illness) while also carving out its own apocalyptic sci-fi space. The phrase “the power of imagination” has never seemed so chilling. Flick Filosopher

can see it here
    http://putlocker.bz/watch-the-congre...putlocker.html

23. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

Edit: I watched part of this yesterday, and watched the rest just now. It must have been taken down as I was watching it, because I posted the link here right after seeing the end, but can't access it now just seconds later.

I just realized that I still have the window open that I watched it on and can still watch it there and jump around to different parts of the movie, but if I open a new window with the same web address the movie shows as no longer available due to a copyright claim.
    Last edited by Alien Ramone; 27th May 2014 at 20:18.

24. Link to Post #135
    Thanks

Good fun...

"Real Genius (1985)"

can see it here

http://www.nowvideo.sx/video/5323a328914c1

"The Absentminded Professor (1961)"

...A bumbling professor ( I love Fred MacMurray) invents flying rubber, or "Flubber", that gains energy every time it strikes a hard surface. Much funnier IMO than the remake...

can see it here

http://watch32.com/movies-online/the...professor-4697

25. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

This is "4th dimensional"

Quote Published on Oct 18, 2012

The début release by Grolsch Film Works and VICE Films brings together an immersive trilogy by Harmony Korine, Alexsei Fedorchenko and Jan Kwiecinski. The three filmmakers have created three unique stories that offer up their vision of this higher plane of existence, the Fourth Dimension. Each filmmaker takes his character on a journey that changes the way they see the world and themselves. And each filmmaker will offer a different perspective on what the Fourth Dimension is.

"Dreamscape (1984")
    Dennis Quaid, Max von Sydow, George Anton, Christopher Plummer, Eddie Albert
    Director: Joseph Ruben

Quote "Dreamscape" is three different movies, all fighting to get inside one another. It's a political conspiracy thriller, a science fiction adventure, and sort of a love story. Most movies that try to crowd so much into an hour and a half end up looking like a shopping list, but "Dreamscape" works, maybe because it has a sense of humor.....Roger Ebert

"The Eclipse (2009)"

A fine chick flick, not sci fi, but there may be ghosts?

can see here

http://watch32.com/movies-online/the-eclipse-2496
    Last edited by Delight; 28th May 2014 at 04:55.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Alien Ramone (29th May 2014)

27. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

Last edited by Alien Ramone; 17th December 2015 at 19:31.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Alien Ramone For This Post:

Delight (30th May 2014)

29. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

Real Genus was great!!

Around that time, I was watching Weird Science (featuring a young Bill Paxton, who’s always killed me) and My Science Project. Little trivia: the mutant in both of these movies has the same name as my father….

….another good one from that time: Ice Pirates

30. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

"I'll Follow You Down (2013)"

This had some deep emotional resonance for me.....themes of loss...a real time travel chick flick.

I saw the movie here....

http://www.nowvideo.sx/video/cd07fd30eb05a

31. Link to Post #140
    Thanks

A young adult time travel chick flick.... I liked the cinematography and costumes....

Quote Gwendolyn Shepherd is actually a very normal 16-year-old teen. What's annoying is that her family definitely has a tad too many secrets. They all have to do with the time-travel gene that is passed down in the family. Everyone is certain that Gwen's cousin Charlotte has the gene, and so everything is all Charlotte, all the time. Until the day Gwen, out of the clear blue sky, suddenly finds herself in London at the end of the 19th century.
    [/YOUTUBE]

I saw it here dubbed in English...

http://www.movie4k.to/Rubinrot-watch-movie-4028394.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 7 17 20 LastLast