+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 9 12 LastLast

Thread: Putin In 2014 And Now

1. Link to Post #161
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Vladimir Putin Warns European Leaders 'He Can Take Kiev In 2 Weeks!'

I am sure every human being must want peace, it's a wonderful dream. I seem to remember a speech which I think it was Ronald Reagan who said that the only thing that would bring humanity together would be if the alien's came here and tried to take our planet from us, everyone would put their belief system's aside and we would be as one. what do you think?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gardener2 For This Post:

Skyhaven (2nd September 2014)

3. Link to Post #162
    Great Britain Avalon Member Xanth's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Vladimir Putin Warns European Leaders 'He Can Take Kiev In 2 Weeks!'

Yes that's one side of the story ... here's the other ...

Moscow ready to expose 'Kiev in two weeks' spin with Barroso call transcript

Published time: September 02, 2014 15:43 Get short URL
    President Vladimir Putin.(RIA Novosti / Alexei Druzhinin)President Vladimir Putin.(RIA Novosti / Alexei Druzhinin)
    Tags
    EU, Politics, Putin, Russia, Scandal, Ukraine
    Vladimir Putin’s remark about “taking Kiev in two weeks” was taken out of context and its meaning was distorted, Moscow said, adding that it’s ready to publish the president’s conversation with the European Commission head.

Moscow may reveal the full recording of the controversial phone call if European Commission president, Jose Manual Barroso, doesn’t object in the next two days, Russia's permanent representative to the EU, Vladimir Chizhov, said.

La Repubblica newspaper earlier reported that outgoing European Commission president, Jose Manual Barroso, disclosed the content of his telephone conversation with the Russian president before the EU summit, which took place in Berlin at the weekend.

According to the Italian daily, Barroso quoted Putin as saying: “If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks” after the issue of the presence of Russian troops in Ukraine was raised.

The EU official said that it was a “threat” by the head of the Russian state, which may be fulfilled in case of further European sanctions against Russia.

Presidential aide, Yury Ushakov, stressed that whether these words concerning Russian troops taking Kiev were pronounced by Putin or not, “this quote was taken out of context and had a very different meaning.”

Ushakov slammed Barroso for even sharing the details of a high-level phone call, saying that the EU Commission president’s behavior is “incorrect and goes beyond the bounds of diplomatic practices.”

“If that was really done, it is not worthy of a serious political figure,” he added.

European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso.(AFP Photo / Odd Andersen)European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso.(AFP Photo / Odd Andersen)

Barroso, who has headed the European Commission since 2004, will be replaced at the helm of the EU’s executive branch by Luxembourg's former prime minister, Jean-Claude Juncker.

READ MORE: Putin reveals NATO chief secretly recorded their talk, leaked it to media

Relations between Russia and Western countries have deteriorated over the situation in Ukraine.

Moscow is being accused of escalating the conflict by supporting the rebel forces in Ukraine’s southeastern Donetsk and Lugansk regions.

The allegations, repeatedly denied by the Russian side, have never been backed up with any proof.

In late August, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko sounded the alarm over the presence of Russian troops in the country.

Moscow refuted his claims, with OSCE observers saying that they had not seen any Russian military presence around the Ukrainian border.

The EU and the US have already imposed sanctions against dozens of senior Russian officials, companies and banks.

Russia responded by banning imported agricultural products from the US, EU, Norway, Canada, and Australia.

The one-year embargo introduced on August 7 applies to meat, pork, fish, fruits, vegetables and dairy products.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Xanth For This Post:

Frederick Jackson (2nd September 2014), Hervé (2nd September 2014), Maia Gabrial (3rd September 2014), meeradas (2nd September 2014), naste.de.lumina (2nd September 2014), skamandar (2nd September 2014)

5. Link to Post #163
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,903 times in 15,481 posts

Kremlin: 'Barroso Quoting Putin 'Taking Kiev' Taken Out of Context'

Presidential Aide Yuri Ushakov said Vladimir Putin’s apparent ability “to take Kiev in two weeks” was taken out of context © RIA Novosti. Alexei Nikolskiy

11:36 02/09/2014 Updated on 01:05 p.m. Moscow Time

MOSCOW, September 2 (RIA Novosti) – A quote about Russian President Vladimir Putin’s apparent ability “to take Kiev in two weeks,” by European Commission President Jose Manual Barroso earlier in the week, was taken out of context and had a completely different meaning, presidential aide Yuri Ushakov said Tuesday.

“This is incorrect, this goes beyond the framework of diplomatic practice. This is unbecoming of a serious political figure,” Ushakov said, referring to Barroso’s comment.

Earlier this week, Italian newspaper La Repubblica reported that after Barroso’s telephone conversation with Putin, the European Commission president claimed that the Russian leader said he could take Ukraine in two weeks.

The Kremlin later responded that Putin’s words were misinterpreted and had completely different meaning.

As the Ukrainian crisis escalated, the West continued accusing Russia of meddling in Ukraine’s internal affairs, sending troops to Ukraine, and went as far as to claim that Moscow planned to invade Ukraine. However, none of these statements were supported with any evidence.

Moscow, on the contrary, has repeatedly stated that it is not involved in Ukraine's internal conflict, and said that the crisis could only be resolved through a comprehensive political dialogue.

Kiev’s actions escalated the situation in southeastern Ukraine. Since the country's authorities launched a military operation to suppress independence supporters who refused to recognize the legitimacy of a new government, almost 2,600 people have died in the affected regions, with more than 6,000 injured.

See this post (<---) also.
    Last edited by Hervé; 2nd September 2014 at 16:36.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Frederick Jackson (2nd September 2014), Maia Gabrial (3rd September 2014), meeradas (2nd September 2014), naste.de.lumina (2nd September 2014)

7. Link to Post #164
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Well, Barroso is not exactly known for being serious..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pweeky For This Post:

skamandar (2nd September 2014)

9. Link to Post #165
    Netherlands Avalon Member Observer1964's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,064 times in 457 posts

Quote Posted by gardener2 (here)
    I am sure every human being must want peace, it's a wonderful dream. I seem to remember a speech which I think it was Ronald Reagan who said that the only thing that would bring humanity together would be if the alien's came here and tried to take our planet from us, everyone would put their belief system's aside and we would be as one. what do you think?
    I think aliens are in the process of stealing our planet by manipulating us into warring with each other, and most ppl dont see it becoz of their beliefsystem.

But if they would come like in the movie independence day we might start working together...
    But I dont think aliens would do something stupid like that.

Probably they would do things like 'giving guns to little children' and stand back until all bullets are fired.
    Examine all things and retain the good.

10. Link to Post #166
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

11. Link to Post #167
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

All the officials defending Putin are saying his words were taken out of context but they are not explaining what context Putin had in mind. Does anyone know?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (2nd September 2014)

13. Link to Post #168
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Quote Posted by gardener2 (here)
    I think Reagan meant that aliens would become the new enemy, not that it would bring peace.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Agape (3rd September 2014)

15. Link to Post #169
    Netherlands Avalon Member Observer1964's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,064 times in 457 posts

And Yet i ask you, is not an alien force allready among us...
    Examine all things and retain the good.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Observer1964 For This Post:

justntime2learn (30th November 2014), spizella (3rd September 2014)

17. Link to Post #170
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Quote Posted by Observer1964 (here)
    And Yet i ask you, is not an alien force allready among us...
    Well, for certain, that human history is one war after another, is very alien to me. And yet not alien, in that this is what is happening on the ground. Will that mean I am alien because I find this behaviour totally alien to me.

18. Link to Post #171
    Great Britain Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

My gut tells me this was taken out of context and hyped as a "threat" by those interested in escalating the conflict in Ukraine. I reckon this was most likely part of a response to somebody suggesting that Putin's intention was to take the whole of Ukraine. He's pointing out that IF that was his intention he could already have done it easily, which is of course true. So not a threat but in fact a refutation of the idea that a full scale invasion is his intention.
    Hog.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hogswitch For This Post:

animovado (3rd September 2014), ktlight (3rd September 2014)

20. Link to Post #172
    Slovenia Avalon Member spizella's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Putin is under Satan's influence: leader of Kiev Orthodox Church

Patriarch Filaret heads the Kiev Patriarchate, a branch of the Orthodox Church that broke away from Moscow in 1992 after the fall of the Soviet Union and the declaration of an independent Ukraine.

His church, a rival of the Moscow Patriarchate which is closely linked to Putin, strongly supports Ukrainian nationhood and the Kiev government's struggle to defeat pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine.

"With great regret I must now say publicly that among the rulers of this world ... there has appeared a new Cain, not by his name but by his deeds," Patriarch Filaret said, invoking the Biblical character who killed his brother Abel.

"Like the first fratricide of history Cain, these deeds show that the afore-mentioned ruler has fallen under the action of Satan," he said in the statement, published on the patriarchate's website in Ukrainian, Russian and English. (here)

The statement, entitled "New Cain", was released on the first full day of a ceasefire between Ukrainian forces and pro-Russian rebels. At least 2,600 people have died in fighting in eastern Ukraine since it erupted in April.

Putin is a baptized Orthodox Christian and has forged close ties with Russia's Orthodox Church, seeing it as a valuable ally in his battle with what he sees as a decadent Western world.

Filaret, who recently took over the Kiev patriarchate, said Putin had deliberately stoked the conflict in Ukraine by sending mercenaries, troops and weapons across the border and had spread lies via Russia's mass media about what was really happening.

Putin denies sending Russian troops into Ukraine or arming the separatists, despite what Kiev and its Western backers say is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

"This ruler is cynically lying, saying his country is not a party to the conflict in Ukraine, though he did everything in order to foment the conflict and maintain it," said Filaret.

"He calls himself a brother to the Ukrainian people, but in fact according to his deeds, he has really become the new Cain, shedding the brotherly blood and entangling the whole world with lies," Filaret said.

Filaret urged the Orthodox faithful to pray that Putin would "come to his senses". Otherwise, the patriarch added, he would face "an ignominious end and eternal damnation in hell".

Source:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0H10F920140906

21. Link to Post #173
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,382 times in 700 posts

Default Re: Putin is under Satan's influence: leader of Kiev Orthodox Church

Hello Everyone:

If the Patriarch Filaret who heads the Kiev Patriarchate thinks that Putin is "Cane" or "Satin". Not sure how Cane can be compared to Satin?
    BUT what would Patriarch Filaret say about these other leaders in the world who have done far more deeds of death and destruction than Putin?
    Since Ukraine owes Russia Billions of dollars for oil and gas and don't have any money to pay maybe Russia is keeping Crimea as payment for debts unpaid while protecting Russian speaking people in Ukraine.
    When winter comes and Ukraine has no money to pay Russia for oil and gas what then?
    The world is getting really interesting really fast!
    Are we going to send Ukraine ship loads of oil and gas for free from the rest of the world so people don't freeze?
    Even the European Union buys the majority of their petroleum products from Russia.
    Are they going to stop buying from Russia and Freeze? I personally don't think so.
    Before religion and state come together maybe Patriarch Filaret should wonder how he is going to keep warm this cold winter coming up by calling Putin "Cane and Satin " when that's where the products to keep warm will come from in Ukraine. I was taught that you don't cut off the hand that feeds you and in this case keeps you warm......

chancy

22. The Following User Says Thank You to chancy For This Post:

linksplatinum (7th September 2014)

23. Link to Post #174
    Norway Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,045 times in 794 posts

Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    Hello Everyone:

If the Patriarch Filaret who heads the Kiev Patriarchate thinks that Putin is "Cane" or "Satin". Not sure how Cane can be compared to Satin?
    BUT what would Patriarch Filaret say about these other leaders in the world who have done far more deeds of death and destruction than Putin?
    Since Ukraine owes Russia Billions of dollars for oil and gas and don't have any money to pay maybe Russia is keeping Crimea as payment for debts unpaid while protecting Russian speaking people in Ukraine.
    When winter comes and Ukraine has no money to pay Russia for oil and gas what then?
    The world is getting really interesting really fast!
    Are we going to send Ukraine ship loads of oil and gas for free from the rest of the world so people don't freeze?
    Even the European Union buys the majority of their petroleum products from Russia.
    Are they going to stop buying from Russia and Freeze? I personally don't think so.
    Before religion and state come together maybe Patriarch Filaret should wonder how he is going to keep warm this cold winter coming up by calling Putin "Cane and Satin " when that's where the products to keep warm will come from in Ukraine. I was taught that you don't cut off the hand that feeds you and in this case keeps you warm......

chancy

Good call chancy, and look at where this nonsense story stemmed from. There's going to be a lot of shills, memes, and disinfo for the oligarchy to try in desperation to keep their agenda of lies afloat. To bad that their boat has already sunk though. This article is laughable, and I'm not surprised that they've stooped so low...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to linksplatinum For This Post:

chancy (7th September 2014)

25. Link to Post #175
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,846 times in 876 posts

Why do these religious types such as Patriarch Filaret always create political tension and wars? This has been going on for generations world wide.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

chancy (7th September 2014), linksplatinum (7th September 2014)

27. Link to Post #176
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

if my read sources are correct the Russian Administration (labeled "Putin") has sent no troops whatsoever into the Ukraine; they're letting the Ukrainians act/revolt against their own western-established puppet gov't, albeit the rebels probably have financing from Russia;

'Putin' (otherwise known as the Russian Administration) is too clever to take the bait;

I think this is a double war; the Ukraine is the bread basket of Europe ("if you control oil you can control nations; if you control food you can control people"- Henry Kissinger) plus the Ukraine is the west's gateway to Russia, the leader of the BRICSA financial mov't which is by-passing the US dollar in international trade (it's always about money, isn't it?)-

Larry

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

chancy (7th September 2014), linksplatinum (8th September 2014), spizella (8th September 2014)

29. Link to Post #177
    Slovenia Avalon Member spizella's Avatar
    Thanks

Seams to me that PTB are using MSM and cover up operations to keep their agenda active.
    Let's hope that they won't succeed

30. Link to Post #178
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

People still use that phrase? "eternal damnation in hell" Really? Me and this patriarch need to have a talk...

31. Link to Post #179
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Putin 'Sums Up' the Ukraine/Rusian conflict perfectly back in 2008 when 'Calling-Out' the West's MSM Propaganda Machine..!!!

Vladimir Putin on Western Propaganda and Media Lies

President of Russia Vladimir Putin on ((Western Propaganda and Media Lies)). Press-conference about Georgia war in 2008, 14.09.2008.

PS - History always REPEATS...

32. Link to Post #180
    Norway Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,045 times in 794 posts

Exclamation Open Letter To Mr. Putin and the People Of Russia

Dear President Putin and Russian People,

DearPutin.com

Please accept our apologies for the behavior of our Governments and Media. Western Nations, led by the United States, seem determined to start a war with Russia. A sane person would recognize the terrible consequences of such a war and would do everything in their power to avoid it. In fact it appears that this is exactly what you are doing. In the face of an endless stream of lies and provocations you have managed to keep Russia from being drawn into a nuclear war.1, 2

Events surrounding the war in Ukraine are twisted to represent you as an aggressor when the facts clearly show otherwise. Neo-Nazi gangs commit atrocities against the citizens of Novorussia on a daily basis and they receive political and financial support from Western governments. The Ukrainian army has attacked Russian checkpoints and towns and regularly bombs refugees attempting to flee the country. Russia was blamed for the destruction of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17, even though the evidence suggests that the flight was shot down by the Ukrainian army. You offer humanitarian aid to the people of Luhansk and you are accused of smuggling weapons into Ukraine.3

Why are you the target of these lies and provocations?The pathological criminals of the West are pushing for war with Russia because they need an external enemy. As long as the people are focused on “Russian aggression” they remain unaware of those truly responsible for the decline of the American economy and social system. In Europe, with its history of brutal wars sparked by arrogance and greed, European leaders have undergone a complete moral collapse and have naively fallen into line behind the USA’s policy of imperial aggression. The last great president of the United States, John F Kennedy, described our common enemy in 1961:

We are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day.

It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations… Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.4

Since that time the government of the United States and other Western nations have been infiltrated by this “ruthless conspiracy”. While it is not necessarily unified we believe that its leaders think and act without the burden of a normal human conscience. This is why they are willing to sacrifice the lives of millions or billions of people. They supply Israel with weapons that are used for the wholesale slaughter of thousands of Palestinians. They militarize police in places like Ferguson, MO to protect and strengthen their power over the people. They lie to start wars that take the lives of millions of people to increase their political power. They are despicable.5, 6

Like JFK, you have a military background, so you are bound by a sense of duty to protect and serve the people of Russia. It appears that like him you recognized the madness of nuclear war and have turned towards peace.7 You refuse to endorse the American empire and you are working to undermine its power without engaging in direct military conflict. Instead Russia has developed closer relationships with many countries through organizations like BRICS, has forgiven old debts and worked with its partners to meet goals that serve the interests of the people. The idea of international partnerships has been called a multipolar approach and it contrasts sharply with the unipolar, imperialist policies of the US where all countries’ resources are controlled to benefit a powerful few–and at the expense of We the People.

We reject the greed, hatred and lust for power displayed by our “leaders”. We are outraged and horrified by the killing of millions of innocent people in the name of freedom and self defense. We want peace and justice for all people. We want a real and lasting peace, the kind of peace that JFK once spoke of:

What kind of peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war. Not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living, the kind that enables men and nations to grow and to hope and to build a better life for their children–not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women–not merely peace in our time but peace for all time.8

True peace and justice are impossible as long as the “ruthless conspiracy” rules the United States and other nations from the shadows. We pray that through our mutual efforts we may defeat the power-hungry and ruthless criminals who seek to enslave us all. We pray that we may instead foster a genuine peace that makes life on Earth worth living.

Sincerely,

elena wroblevski – Switzerland
    Vaclav Suk – Czech Republic
    Vauhti Pipo – Finland
    Majella Blijdenstijn – Netherlands
    Раиса Сушкова – Latvia
    Mina Movaghar Fusade – France
    Dino Geko – Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oleg Ganol – Russia
    Юрий Горелов – Russia
    Martijn Edwin Krom-Bouman-Crom – Netherlands
    Sulejman Tabaković – Croatia
    Korpi Pottunen – Antarctica
    Timo Hisey – Finland
    Nicolas Cage – United States
    Zoran Ristic – Australia
    Егор Воробьев – Hungary
    Guerreira da Luz – Netherlands
    Pena Pulkki – Finland
    Diana Zinnatshina – Russia
    Sauna Putin fan – Zimbabwe
    Dmitrij Krapiva – Ukraine
    Vladimir nikitenkov – Latvia
    Ivan Pronin – Russia
    Ville Bäckman – Russia
    >Sananvapaus >Venäjä – Lebanon
    So far 8420 people have signed the letter.

To sign petiton go to:   http://dearputin.com

33. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to linksplatinum For This Post:

Blacklight43 (10th September 2014), boris (10th September 2014), Cara (11th September 2014), Cardillac (10th September 2014), chancy (11th September 2014), gabriella163 (11th September 2014), heretogrow (11th September 2014), jerry (10th September 2014), jjjones (10th September 2014), justntime2learn (10th September 2014), meeradas (11th September 2014), Michelle Marie (10th September 2014), naste.de.lumina (10th September 2014), Observer1964 (11th September 2014), Tim Lewis (6th January 2015), Yetti (11th September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 9 12 LastLast