+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Thread: Remote Viewing Practice Thread

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 1,783 posts

Default Remote Viewing Practice Thread

This is a Remote Viewing practice thread.

For anyone who wants to participate in these RV sessions, please sign up at Dropbox which is a file sharing website that timestamps each file that is saved.

Here's a link to that site: https://www.dropbox.com

No other file sharing site will be permitted for these sessions. (Note: we are currently looking into other options, one would be for the "taskmaster" to send his/her target to a designated 2nd "taskmaster" who is a member of this forum. If we find someone who wants to do that for each of our sessions, that would save us the hassle of having to use a file sharing site. If no one voluteers for the 2nd taskmaster position, if a participant who the designated taskmaster does not want to use Dropbox, then they can just show us a screenshot of the target's property box showing the time and date the image was saved.)

Here's how this works:

At the beginning of each session, the designated "taskmaster" uploads a photo of their chosen target with 2 sets of four numbers for the coordinates inserted in a corner of that image into their "Dropbox" folder. This can be a photo from the internet or a photo that they captured of an object or scene with their cellphone or cam.

Here's a good random number generator: http://www.random.org/integers/

Example showing the 2 sets of coordinates inserted in a corner of a "target" image:

Then they notify the group that the target is ready where they also post those coordinates for that run too in that same post. They should also post their local time in that post too.

Viewers then have 24 hrs to conduct their own RV session for that target. Once that's completed, the viewer then posts their sketches and/or descriptions of the target here in this thread.

After the viewing period has ended, the taskmaster then will:
    -- post their local time to indicate that the 24 hr. viewing period is up.
    -- post the target photo in this thread
    -- include a screenshot showing the date and time that file was saved in their "Dropbox" folder.
    -- include a link to that Dropbox file for participants to access

Here's an example of a screenshot of that dolphin image that I just uploaded to a folder I created at Dropbox entitled with todays date:

Then, after that's done, a new person is designated as "taskmaster" and we start all over again.
    Last edited by Roisin; 6th March 2014 at 13:19.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Aurelius (7th March 2014), carryattune (6th March 2014), christian (6th March 2014), Denise/Dizi (24th January 2023), Ealiss (6th March 2014), jackovesk (7th March 2014), jagman (6th March 2014), sheme (6th March 2014), Slorri (6th March 2014), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2014), Wind (7th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Remote Viewing Practice Thread

So far we have 2 participants, myself and Ealiss, for these RV practice sessions. It would be great if we could get at least one more person to participate in these sessions too so we will wait until the end of the day to see if anyone else volunteers for this. If no one else joins by the end of today, Ealiss and I will start session "1" just to get the ball rolling. The more the merrier though so hope others will eventually want to jump in on the fun too!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Denise/Dizi (24th January 2023), Ealiss (6th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Sounds like fun but I hate joining sites that store stuff -get you to sign up and then tell you they can change the terms from time to time. Now if we can do it here I would be up for it. All the best to you.

6. Link to Post #4
    Denmark Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I'm here. I will check in regularly to see when it starts.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ealiss For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Denise/Dizi (24th January 2023)

8. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Maybe Ealiss can shed some light on if Dropbox is like that where they change those conditions like that. But just to get the things up and going, for now, the "taskmaster" can simply show us a screenshot of the property box of the target image. The property box will show the date the image was saved in a folder.

Ideally, it would be better if we all used the same format showing the date the target image was saved but for those who would rather just show a screenshot of the image's property box, that's ok too. thanks

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Denise/Dizi (24th January 2023), sheme (6th March 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Re: Dropbox. I can't remember. I think they did make a change a while back but that isn't my worry. I am not really comfortable sharing my personal file dropbox with people I don't know. But since you say it is enough with a screenshot, I won't have to

I would like to make a suggestion, though. Why not simply send a photo to another member here on Avalon? Both of them will be sworn to secrecy. Two taskmasters. That way there will be a time stamp, I assume and we don't have to worry about involving dropbox or joining it.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ealiss For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Denise/Dizi (24th January 2023), sheme (6th March 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ealiss (here)
    Great!
    Also, for those who want to participate, please let us know by the end of the day. I'm EST and it's 7:30 AM so say.... by 7:00 PM this evening, we should know if others want to participate. But regardless if we get anymore volunteers, Ealiss and I will begin with session "1" sometime after 7:00 PM tonight.

We'll do a coin flip on who will be the first taskmaster. We'll decide later if it's heads or tails when both of us are online sometime after 7 PM EST.
    Last edited by Roisin; 6th March 2014 at 12:37.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

14. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Re: Dropbox. I can't remember. I think they did make a change a while back but that isn't my worry. I am not really comfortable sharing my personal file dropbox with people I don't know. But since you say it is enough with a screenshot, I won't have to

I would like to make a suggestion, though. Why not simply send a photo to another member here on Avalon? Both of them will be sworn to secrecy. Two taskmasters. That way there will be a time stamp, I assume and we don't have to worry about involving dropbox or joining it.
    Sure! That would be even better! But I think it should be the same person who we send the photo to for every session. Lol
    So does anyone want to volunteer as the 2nd taskmaster for these sessions?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)
    Great!
    Also, for those who want to participate, please let us know by the end of the day. I'm EST and it's 7:30 AM so say.... by 7:00 PM this evening, we should know if others want to participate. But regardless if we get anymore volunteers, Ealiss and I will begin with session "1" sometime after 7:00 PM tonight.

We'll do a coin flip on who will be the first taskmaster. We'll decide later if it's heads or tails when both of us are online sometime after 7 PM EST.
    I am in Europe. My time is 2pm right now. But I will check in tomorrow morning and do a RV during the day and post.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ealiss For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)
    Great!

I am in Europe. My time is 2pm right now. But I will check in tomorrow morning and do a RV during the day and post.
    Ok... we'll see you then! We can decide then who will be the taskmaster but hopefully we will have other members here who will want to particpate too!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Ealiss (6th March 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

I will join you, I don't have any peripherals to scan and up load drawings, does that matter.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Gardener, thanks for joining! So that makes 3 of us so far.
    If you are a viewer and do not have a scanner, then you can simply jot down whatever thoughts you have about the target. There are a few RV websites online that show how to do that and I'll post a link or two of those sites that explain everything. You jot down your thoughts from what you are sensing about the target wrt to the targets' texture, colors, shapes, scent etc...

Also, you can still sketch something out in a photo editor using your mouse. All you need to do is sketch out some general shapes that you are sensing about the target during your session. Then you can simply save that sketch in a folder and post it here. There's a thread in this forum showing how to upload images directly to this forum. I'll get the link on that too and will post it here. I use photobucket but you can upload directly to this forum too so will get that video on that in that thread.

Check back here later for those links.
    Last edited by Roisin; 6th March 2014 at 13:49.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Gardener (6th March 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ealiss, since we have 3 people now, can we start a session sometime today? I'll just go ahead and post some coordinates for a target. Will upload it at Dropbox. Check back here a little later for that target coordinates. Anyone who wants to jump in and post their information and or sketch for that target can do so.

Ealiss, if you want to post a target for me only, please do so.
    Last edited by Roisin; 6th March 2014 at 14:32.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Ealiss (6th March 2014), Gardener (6th March 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Gardener,
    Here are some tips for what you can do in your RV session wrt to those impressions you get of the target:
    Quote The participant should be given 3 minutes to write their impressions down on paper.

What they predict the target to be, which is irrelevant as the trainer already knows it. They should write this down to get it out of the way.
    First impressions are the most important and least liable to be contaminated by minds.
    All impressions such as colour, smell, pictures, impressions, incongruities or what ever can be picked up, must be written down.
    If in doubt, write it down. It might be the real incongruity.
    The participant should look underground, at ground level, above ground, out from the centre and into the centre. This may not be appropriate for a flying saucer or something abstract, but will do for most terrestrial objects.
    What they believe the target to be, which is irrelevant as the trainer already knows it. This should be written down to get it out of the way.
    Source: http://www.viking-z.org/r08i.htm

There are some more detailed lists out there and will try to find them later but those suggestions above are a good start.

As for sketching something out, if you want to do that too, just do it in any photo editor that allows you to sketch things using your mouse. Adjust the marker or pen so that it's at medium as opposed to narrow or thin. To start out doing this, don't even think about what you are going to sketch and clear your mind and sort of let your mouse take over and see where it goes. Don't try to make sense of what's there and it should be stated that usually your first sketch will be more on target for those lines and shapes in the target image.

Here's Ilie's video on how to upload images directly to this forum.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post804655

PS-- There are much more detailed impressions lists for RVing on the net than the one I posted above. Am searching for them now and will post that information a little later.
    Last edited by Roisin; 6th March 2014 at 14:31.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Gardener (6th March 2014), sheme (6th March 2014)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I am ready to start. No, I don't really have a target for you. I tried to think of one but wasn't sure, so no. I hope that is all right.

About what to write down. I just close my eyes and then write every little thing down. Doesn't matter what. We all tend to be a little different so I just go with the flow. Some people also tend to be visual, colors, that sort of thing. Others may be more about sound. Etc. So my advice is just to go with whatever you get. Jot it down. See what happens.

The trick is, to stay "detached". You are watching a place. Looking at it. Investigating it. Yes, there are emotions but we don't get entangled. Anyway. Practice helps.

I am good to go. Just let me know.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ealiss For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Gardener (6th March 2014)

30. Link to Post #16
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

I will take part if drop box is not necessary, time here is 2.36ish P.m.

31. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Here are the coordinates of the target for Session "1"

8215 - 4617

My current local time is 9:50 AM EST
    The target will be revealed in 24 hrs (Thurs. 9:50 AM March 7, 2014)

Anyone who wants to enter in a sketch and/or impressions on what the target is can do so sometime before (9:50 AM EST tomorrow morning)

Good Luck
    !
    Last edited by Roisin; 6th March 2014 at 15:17.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), Ealiss (6th March 2014), Gardener (6th March 2014), jagman (6th March 2014)

33. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sheme (here)
    I will take part if drop box is not necessary, time here is 2.36ish P.m.
    That's only for the taskmaster for each session. Dropbox will not be necessary for you as a viewer and if your turn as taskmaster comes up later, you can just take a screenshot of the property box of whatever target you pick out to show the time you saved it.

By then, we may have someone available who will be our 2nd taskmaster which I explained in my first post here.

Just make a sketch or 2 of what you think the target is and you can also include some written "impressions" that you have of the target too, if you want to.

Post your sketch or sketches and any impressions you have of the target here in this thread anytime before 9:50 AM EST tomorrow morning.

The first session has just begun! Information on that is in my post before this one. The coordinates for the target are bolded in black. Good luck!
    Last edited by Roisin; 6th March 2014 at 15:21.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

carryattune (6th March 2014), sheme (6th March 2014)

35. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am ready to start. No, I don't really have a target for you. I tried to think of one but wasn't sure, so no. I hope that is all right.

About what to write down. I just close my eyes and then write every little thing down. Doesn't matter what. We all tend to be a little different so I just go with the flow. Some people also tend to be visual, colors, that sort of thing. Others may be more about sound. Etc. So my advice is just to go with whatever you get. Jot it down. See what happens.

The trick is, to stay "detached". You are watching a place. Looking at it. Investigating it. Yes, there are emotions but we don't get entangled. Anyway. Practice helps.

I am good to go. Just let me know.
    We're ready to go! Thanks for those tips. Session 1 is now in session. Fine with me that you will not be posting a target for me for this first run.

You can be taskmaster in the next run/session.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

37. Link to Post #20
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks

I would like to participate, but I don't have the least idea of how this works. I read about it in another thread. It's like ESP. but with controls. Only I can't figure out the terms. Guess I need to study up first. In time I may be able to join in.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carryattune For This Post:

Ealiss (6th March 2014), Gardener (6th March 2014), jagman (6th March 2014), sheme (6th March 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast