+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to say to a friend who is dying?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 times in 338 posts

Default Re: What to say to a friend who is dying?

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    It goes a little like this:

I watched and listened to your video Carmody
    and wrote this to my friend. Should I send it?
    editors step up to the plate!!! loll

SUNSET is SUNRISE

The sunset of your time is as you are, blazing fiery strong and utterly gentle.
    Silver linings is what you always carry and give to others.
    I hold you hand up to the edge of the pier and let you go, brave as you are.. alone but not alone.

Promise draws you towards all the million rewards of a life well lived, deeply loved
    all the kindnesses of expression and reserve you emanated
    are the breezes of seagulls and chickadees and all the birds you love, rafts to lift you

I try to imagine how high you will go
    with lakes of essential oils and mountains of amethysts and diamonds
    and all the people you have ever known, waiting to say Thank You

The blessing of your conscious last moments here
    are a symphony of strivings, and finally with your marathon ribbon in sight
    a golden thread that will lead you straight to God

Leave all the pain and worry and doubts here forever. We will take care of them for you
    in our tears and missing you. What you care about will be with us in the time we have
    left. Leave us in peace and joy. We are so honored to have walked with you here.

I will dance to the tune of your laughter, be sustained by your having understood
    so much, so well, so lovingly. the parrots will remind me you are flying now
    with your own wings stretched so far, so wide, you can go anywhere now.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), Catsquotl (13th March 2014), Dawn (4th April 2014), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2014), Eram (13th March 2014), Finefeather (13th March 2014), robertr2m (13th March 2014), Ruby L. (13th March 2014), TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020), ViralSpiral (13th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Thank you all so much for your suggestions and overwhelming response to me.
    I have never felt so much love from a group online and am amazed and appreciate every one of you.

I try to listen as much as I can to both what she says and doesn't say. She has always been a spiritual person
    and it seems to really be seeing her through. "I feel strong and peace" she says. "Don't worry."

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), Billy (13th March 2014), Catsquotl (13th March 2014), Dawn (4th April 2014), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2014), Eram (13th March 2014), Finefeather (13th March 2014), robertr2m (13th March 2014), TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Antagenet (here)

I ... wrote this to my friend. Should I send it?
    editors step up to the plate!!! loll

SUNSET is SUNRISE

The sunset of your time is as you are, blazing fiery strong and utterly gentle.
    Silver linings is what you always carry and give to others.
    I hold you hand up to the edge of the pier and let you go, brave as you are.. alone but not alone.

Promise draws you towards all the million rewards of a life well lived, deeply loved
    all the kindnesses of expression and reserve you emanated
    are the breezes of seagulls and chickadees and all the birds you love, rafts to lift you

I try to imagine how high you will go
    with lakes of essential oils and mountains of amethysts and diamonds
    and all the people you have ever known, waiting to say Thank You

The blessing of your conscious last moments here
    are a symphony of strivings, and finally with your marathon ribbon in sight
    a golden thread that will lead you straight to God

Leave all the pain and worry and doubts here forever. We will take care of them for you
    in our tears and missing you. What you care about will be with us in the time we have
    left. Leave us in peace and joy. We are so honored to have walked with you here.

I will dance to the tune of your laughter, be sustained by your having understood
    so much, so well, so lovingly. the parrots will remind me you are flying now
    with your own wings stretched so far, so wide, you can go anywhere now.
    If you don't send it, you'll always wish you had.

Very moving. She will be deeply touched - she'll know you "got her" or like the movie Avatar line, "I see you", she will know you connected with her beyond words - and listened.

(tiny typo, line 3: "you hand" should be "your hand")

I would be so honored if someone sent it to me as I was preparing to exit.

Dennis

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Antagenet (13th March 2014), Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), Eram (13th March 2014), TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    If you don't send it, you'll always wish you had.

Very moving. She will be deeply touched - she'll know you "got her" or like the movie Avatar line, "I see you", she will know you connected with her beyond words - and listened.

(tiny typo, line 3: "you hand" should be "your hand")

I would be so honored if someone sent it to me as I was preparing to exit.

Dennis
    Thankyou Dennis!

Sent!!!!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), Dawn (4th April 2014), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2014), Eram (13th March 2014), TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,991 times in 2,110 posts

Antagenet , whenever someone I know is living their final days here in this lifetime physically , listening or tuning in is so much important for you and that person, I also gravitate to finding humorous pictures or jokes to share in that one moment of laughter when all else goes away . Even for a few seconds there is a total removal of a situation/condition and it is replaced with joy and a bond of a laugh and love. That in itself is a priceless moment .

Please realize that we can also grieve while someone is physically still here, the process is the same , Difficulty concentrating, Apathy, Anger, Guilt, Sleep Disturbances, Loss of Appetite, Withdrawal from others, Intense sadness or tears, Loneliness, Numbness . There is no common sequence we go thru when this happens, sometimes you think you are loosing it when you can be crying one minute and laughing the next. But your not, and this is you experiencing this with real raw emotions as a human spirit on this earth.

Make those laughter times as long as you can, read to your friend as long as you can. Share those moments but also know that departing this earth isn't the end, it is another beginning! Find comfort in believing .

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Antagenet (13th March 2014), Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), Dawn (4th April 2014), Eram (13th March 2014), Franny (14th November 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,558 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by Antagenet (here)
    She has always been a spiritual person
    and it seems to really be seeing her through. "I feel strong and peace" she says. "Don't worry."
    The trauma as always is with those who loved her and are left behind. She tells her loved ones that she is strong at peace and not to worry. Take her advice.

When the time of parting approaches, Say thank you, I love you, until we shall meet again.

For you.

On Death

Than Almitra spoke, saying, "We would ask now of Death."
    And he said:
    You would know the secret of death.
    But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
    The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
    If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
    For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
    In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
    And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
    Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
    Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
    Is the sheered not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
    Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?
    For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
    And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
    Only when you drink form the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
    And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
    And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

Kahil Gibran

peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Antagenet (13th March 2014), Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), Dawn (4th April 2014), Franny (14th November 2020), Harmony (15th November 2020), Trisher (15th November 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 20:13.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), Franny (14th November 2020), wondering (15th November 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

This ancient love letter found in a mummified body in South Korea touches life, death, love, dreams and more. We can only hope that she found the words to tell him how much she loved him when he was still alive.

While this may not be exactly on topic I believe it belongs here.

(Courtesy Andong National University)

Archaeologists in Andong City, South Korea, unwrap cloth covering the 16th-century mummy of Eung-tae, a member of Korea's ancient Goseong Yi clan.
    The excavation began at eleven in the morning, and took several hours of painstaking work. First archaeologists dug into the tomb, then, after breaking through its hardened-earth shell, they exposed a wooden coffin. They dismantled it, and removed pieces of clothing, until they reached the body.

Everyone at the site was stunned. Inside was a male mummy, a very rare find in Korea ten years ago. Although his skull was badly decayed, his skin and beard were still visible. He was tall, even by today's standards, measuring 5 feet 9 inches, and sturdily built. "The dark mustache made me feel that he must have had a charming appearance," says Se-kwon Yim, former director of the Andong National University Museum and one of the first people to see the mummy. On looking closer, archaeologists saw a letter from his wife covering his body; it turned out to be the key to his identity.

The discovery of the eulogy caused a media frenzy and has captivated the public for more than a decade, leading to several novels and, most recently, an opera and feature film. Meanwhile, archaeologists have continued to study the tomb's contents to learn more about the mummy's life.

You always said, "Dear, let's live together until our hair turns gray and die on the same day. How could you pass away without me? Who should I and our little boy listen to and how should we live? How could you go ahead of me?

How did you bring your heart to me and how did I bring my heart to you? Whenever we lay down together you always told me, "Dear, do other people cherish and love each other like we do? Are they really like us?" How could you leave all that behind and go ahead of me?

I just cannot live without you. I just want to go to you. Please take me to where you are. My feelings toward you I cannot forget in this world and my sorrow knows no limit. Where would I put my heart in now and how can I live with the child missing you?

Please look at this letter and tell me in detail in my dreams. Because I want to listen to your saying in detail in my dreams I write this letter and put it in. Look closely and talk to me.

When I give birth to the child in me, who should it call father? Can anyone fathom how I feel? There is no tragedy like this under the sky.

You are just in another place, and not in such a deep grief as I am. There is no limit and end [to my sorrows] that I write roughly. Please look closely at this letter and come to me in my dreams and show yourself in detail and tell me. I believe I can see you in my dreams. Come to me secretly and show yourself. There is no limit to what I want to say and I stop here.

(Courtesy Andong National University)
    Last edited by rgray222; 15th November 2020 at 01:23.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Agape (15th November 2020), Antagenet (15th November 2020), Elixir (15th November 2020), Harmony (15th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (15th November 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020), Trisher (15th November 2020), wondering (15th November 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,267 times in 3,170 posts

one thing I wish in my own life is that I had a better education or indoctrination into what dying was as a child. In truth I believe its a celebration. Like a person being let out of a life sentence in prison.

this is not to say that everything here has been horrible. But just knowing that all things , all matter , must end, must pass .

so let them know they will be free, and they are going home. and if i could get a joke in to make them laugh, id chance it

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Antagenet (15th November 2020), Constance (15th November 2020), Harmony (15th November 2020), rgray222 (15th November 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020), Trisher (15th November 2020), Wind (16th November 2020), wondering (15th November 2020), Zirconian (15th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2