+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giant hole in desert, burning for forty years.

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Giant hole in desert, burning for forty years.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...t8ZSCM-nuWI0nQ

This is the link. There are photos and a video. I didn't know how to get the vid. It's not YouTube.

And as a teaser......Russia was drilling in this hole, the bottom caved in and gas erupted.
    Last edited by carryattune; 27th March 2014 at 13:58.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to carryattune For This Post:

Debra (28th March 2014), Eram (27th March 2014), Joanne Shepard (27th March 2014), mab777 (27th March 2014), panopticon (27th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th March 2014), Violet (27th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Default Re: Giant hole in desert, burning for forty years.

Quote Posted by carryattune (here)
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...t8ZSCM-nuWI0nQ

This is the link. There are photos and a video. I didn't know how to get the vid. It's not YouTube.

And as a teaser......Russia was drilling in this hole, the bottom caved in and gas erupted.
    It is a youtube link:

Article is here:

###

The Door to Hell: Take a look inside a giant hole in the desert which has been on fire for more than 40 YEARS
    By Rob Preece, 27 July 2012

At first glance, it could be a dramatic scene from a science-fiction movie.

But this giant hole of fire in the heart of the Karakum Desert is not the aftermath of an attack on Earth, launched from outer space.

It is a crater made by geologists more than 40 years ago, and the flames within have been burning ever since.

Welcome to Derweze in Turkmenistan - or, as the locals have called it, 'The Door to Hell'.

Soviet geologists were drilling at the site in 1971 and tapped into a cavern filled with natural gas.

But the ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a hole with a diameter of 70 metres.

Fearing that the hole would lead to the release of poisonous gases, the team decided to burn it off.

The hole is located in Derweze, in the middle of the Karakum Desert in Turkmenistan

It was hoped that the fire would use all the fuel within days, but the gas is still burning today.

The flames generate a golden glow which can be seen for miles around Derweze, a village with a population of about 350.

The site is about 260 kilometres north of Ashgabat, the capital of Turkmenistan.

In April 2010 the country's president, Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow, visited the site and ordered that the hole should be closed but this is yet to happen.

The Karakum Desert, which covers much of Turkmenistan, lies east of the Caspian Sea.

The Aral Sea is located to the north and the Amu Darya river and the Kyzyl Kum Desert lie to the north-east.

The area has significant oil and natural gas deposits.

"What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

carryattune (27th March 2014), cursichella1 (28th March 2014), Eram (27th March 2014), Inaiá (28th March 2014), Joanne Shepard (27th March 2014), kirolak (27th March 2014), mab777 (27th March 2014), Matt P (27th March 2014), Nasu (27th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th March 2014), Wind (27th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

"What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

carryattune (27th March 2014), cursichella1 (28th March 2014), Eram (27th March 2014), Inaiá (28th March 2014), kirolak (27th March 2014), Matt P (27th March 2014), Nasu (27th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Thanks Panopticon,
    I found it as the article. Thanks for posting the video. Had not heard of this before. Quite a large fiery opening. It's rather neat.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carryattune For This Post:

panopticon (27th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th March 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by carryattune (here)
    Thanks Panopticon,
    I found it as the article. Thanks for posting the video. Had not heard of this before. Quite a large fiery opening. It's rather neat.
    No worries.

Looks pretty cool doesn't it.

I'd not heard of it before either so thanks for edumicatin me.

-- Pan

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

carryattune (27th March 2014), PurpleLama (27th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th March 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Hey carryattune!!!

Thanx!!! Didn't know about this. Really cool. And guess what??? You can go to google earth and find this easily in the location indicated. Also I find interesting is more strangeness in this area. There's a couple more holes like this to the south a little. One is a "Mud" hole, and the other is a "Water" hole.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

carryattune (27th March 2014), cursichella1 (28th March 2014), Inaiá (28th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th March 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I was originally looking for the hole with people running into it. I found this. I thought it was cool too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to carryattune For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 times in 534 posts

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

Antagenet (28th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th March 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

that is one of the coolest, most unusual things I've ever seen or heard of.

You know the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier? the Eternal Flame?

This thing looks really similar. Maybe we've been lied to about the abundance of Natural Gas (methane etc?)...

You know how much methane gets wasted by incidents like Macondo?

It could literally power the earth for thousands of years, HUGE population included, yet we are still stuck on oil and nuclear.

@____@ wtf planet earth.

Carryattune, I could not post a thread with a better example than yours has already, if I was to make a thread petitioning PA to support Natural Gas.

p.s. my grandparents got ****ed by a local Kentucky OIL MONEY family (Clevenger Oil in fact) when they needed to build a gas line over the property and the bitches said NO.

Yet in the Middle East and other places, BP and other members of the dirty oil consortia build pipelines everywhere and with impunity, even across HOSTILE/dangerous territories prone to terrorism and tribal violence.........

What gives??

My family would be millionaires if they could find a way to get the natural gas out of the property faster.
    But the moral of the story with the fiery hole in the OP?

"it's a very good fuel source and SELF RENEWS"

Methane is so common and easy to produce, that Mars ("dead" planet!) is still producing some.

How do the oil companies explain the lies about fuel on Earth?

The REASON it's still burning isn't just that it didn't get released all at once.
    You guys have to understand the possibility that natural gas is continually produced through volcanic processes that are ONGOING and renewable!

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I wonder how much green house has this is spewing into our atmosphere every day for more than forty years. My daughters query.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to carryattune For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th March 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

somebody could use that for free energy , it would power a steam generator , geo thermal is the way to go ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

AjaJane (28th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th March 2014)

22. Link to Post #12
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

@Tesla

"Maybe we've been lied to about the abundance of Natural Gas (methane etc?)"- I think that may be the answer-

it's no wonder Russian Gazprom is such a mega-corporation that puts puny western corporations to shame in comparison- and planned sanctions against Russia because of the "Crimea River" scenario will blow up in their faces-

Larry

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th March 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    @Tesla

"Maybe we've been lied to about the abundance of Natural Gas (methane etc?)"- I think that may be the answer-

it's no wonder Russian Gazprom is such a mega-corporation that puts puny western corporations to shame in comparison- and planned sanctions against Russia because of the "Crimea River" scenario will blow up in their faces-

Larry
    when that Nabucco project bit the dust Russia stood to GAIN IMO their stock should have gone up? or i am confused?
    because of supplying to austria etc?

nabucco would have bit into that quite hard, but it's been sort of shunted aside in favor of a smaller volume line, iirc

i could be mistaken.

p.s. BP british petroleum owns like 19% of the Russian nat'l nat gas co.
    that should interest you all. so BP was hedged against the Nabucco thing heavily in Russia. Russia might be the center of the world in the near future. It's a bit scary lol. I thought Russians hated Nazis btw so I don't understand the Ukraine thing too well. wtf.

Maybe the movement has got somewhat exotic origins? if yer pocket me avalanche?

p.p.s. @ Macondo BP wasted a huge amount of USA's methane and weakened the New Madrid region............. while at the same time Nabucco failed in Middle East, Syria went to crap etc., Russia likely profiting hand over fist and therefore BP raking it in as well iirc.

p.p.p.s. did Google get this right?

Quote нефтяной шлюхи
    neftyanoy shlyukhi
    "whore's petroleum" in Russian
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 28th March 2014 at 04:37.

+ Reply to Thread