+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 9 19 LastLast

Thread: Adolf Hitler - The Greatest Story Never Told

1. Link to Post #161
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Default Re: Adolf Hitler - The Greatest Story Never Told

Flash is there a reason you did not respond to what I posted and only continued to attack AutumnW about something that you misunderstood? Maybe you put me on the ignore list, but if you didnt:

I agree the way that AutumnW was not the clearest in who the target of his ire was. But since he thanked my post and confirmed that indeed he was talking only about a specific group of White people pushing the agenda of racial purity, it is disingenuous to call him racist against white people because clearly that is not what he said.

White nationalism are scum. I agree wholeheartedly with his assessment of Ethnonationalist of any color. If you are defending white nationalism, maybe you should take another sabbatical.

He should keep being vocal about White nationalist because we need to curb their rise since the Trump admin has made them feel WAY more comfortable.

2. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Kryztian, If you feel compelled to watch things that question the holocaust,
    Oh, so I am compelled to be a neo Nazi holocaust denier! Is this because of my "pimply white ass" that you clearly know about?

the holocaust ... was a conspiracy by one class of Jews against another
    Um, nothing like that was said here by any of us. You obviously didn't read my post above, #145 where I showed I was anything but a holocaust denier! You were too busy trying to pigeon hole me and others as alt-right nut cases so that you could drip your disdain and venom upon us.

It you want to honestly and seriously engage on issues and talk about the topics we do here at Avalon, that would be swell. But if you want to pigeon hole and stereotype people so that you can verbally defecate upon them, many of us work hard to get rid of trolls here on the forum, so guess who is next on the agenda?

What ever the little game it that you are playing here, it is time to quit while you are a million miles behind. If you don't have the decency to sincerely apoligize, it's time to get off this thread and quit your nastiness.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 21st May 2019 at 16:13.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2019), Sierra (22nd May 2019)

4. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

I raise a glass of pure water, toasting and saluting two passionately anti-racist Avalon members, AutumnW and Flash.

As Cool Hand Luke's nemesis prison warden said, "What we've got here is failure to communicate."

OK, here are the sentences: "It seems to me that whenever white people agitate for genetic purity, it's a bit like promoting a tiny gene pool where even the best swimmers are like them. Pink, hairless, bloated, not bright and thrashing about like they are drowning."

It is left a bit grammatically wanting in identifying the subject of the comment, and (obviously) somewhat open for misinterpretation. It's not about "white people." I understand it, but allow me to play grammar police (editor?) and try to help to identify and specify which specific group of people (white supremacists) are being blasted - but keeping the clever aquatic wordplay.

original phrase:
    whenever white people agitate for genetic purity
    could have been:
    whenever white people who agitate for genetic purity
    or
    whenever white people who agitate for genetic purity (white supremacists)
    or
    whenever those white people who agitate for genetic purity (white supremacists)
    and then, rephrasing, to identify the subject more clearly:
    whenever white supremacists agitate for genetic purity
    ...and then the full sentences become:
    It seems to me that whenever white supremacists agitate for genetic purity, it's a bit like promoting a tiny gene pool where even the best swimmers are like them. Pink, hairless, bloated, not bright and thrashing about like they are drowning.
    and to complete the grammar policing, combine into one sentence:
    It seems to me that whenever white supremacists agitate for genetic purity, it's a bit like promoting a tiny gene pool where even the best swimmers are like them: pink, hairless, bloated, not bright, and thrashing about like they are drowning.
    That let's the reader know that it is an intentionally racist group, "white supremacists", and not "white people" that are being blasted (and, in my opinion, deservedly.) Actually, I consider white supremacists to be a dangerous group of miscreants, and AutumnW's mockery is tame in comparison to a full intellectual deconstruction of their mental pathology.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2019), gord (22nd May 2019), Inaiá (23rd May 2019), Jad (21st May 2019), Mark (22nd May 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st May 2019), petra (21st May 2019), Praxis (21st May 2019), Sierra (22nd May 2019), Valerie Villars (21st May 2019), Wind (21st May 2019)

6. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

Dennis and Praxis,

While scholars often try and explain the seemingly offensive words and ideas of great people who have died, and while helpful people reinterpret the ugly words of others who don't have a good grasp of the language or have an intellectual disability the may cause them to misspeak, Autumn is a living, breathing, intelligent person who is gifted in the art of English and all the subtleties of this language. If there is any further clarification or apology about what she said and what it really means, in order for it to be really meaningful, it has to come from herself.

For the record, I just want to say that for my whole life I have taken great offense to people whose words or actions are racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-trans, or in any way insult the dignity of people for just being who they are. I also take great offense at trying to be painted as someone who "has a compulsion" towards White Supremacy and Nazism.

About five years ago, I did watch this video "The Greatest Story Never Told". I chose to because it was intellectually challenging and would give me the opportunity to form different opinions, including disagreeing with the information here, which I greatly did (not just episode 24, as I mentioned above, but many other issues as well). My mother was born in Germany and I grew up hearing about WWII from both my mother's friends and Jewish friends whose families endured the holocaust and I was well versed in academic 20th century German history, so I was not someone to be easily led astray by a "Nazi" video. But what ever ones intentions in watching this video were, having watched it does not make one a Nazi. Intelligent people, like many of us on Avalon, are able to watch things and disagree with them at the same time.

I appreciate your sincere attempts to right Autumns wrongs, but if clarifications about words or misunderstood intentions are needed, then this is something she needs to do on her own. She is a big girl and can handle her own messes and hopefully can say what needs to be said with sincerity and without snarkiness.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 21st May 2019 at 15:34.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2019), Wind (21st May 2019)

8. Link to Post #165
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Imho the more interracial marriage the better too. It seems to me that whenever white people agitate for genetic purity, it's a bit like promoting a tiny gene pool where even the best swimmers are like them. Pink, hairless, bloated, not bright and thrashing about like they are drowning.
    Well, that's certainly one way to describe gold medalists at Olympic swims.

I'd hate to hear what everyone else looks like swimming.

Now do the Muslim Brotherhood! Or Zionist supremacists! Oh boy, I can't wait to hear what characteristics you use to describe their bodies as they swim. People think it's Jaws when they swim on their back, am I right?

Yes, that is sarcasm.

9. Link to Post #166
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

There's a great documentary on Netflix called, 'Alt Right,'
    The murders in that doc took place in my city. That being said jax is (physically) huge and that happened in the rural areas. You should see the fliers they pass out, no political discourse, just **** talk.

Also I challenge you to a swimming contest. (i know youre not racist, just stirring the pot)
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2019), Flash (22nd May 2019), Sierra (22nd May 2019)

11. Link to Post #167
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    Dennis and Praxis,

While scholars often try and explain the seemingly offensive words and ideas of great people who have died, and while helpful people reinterpret the ugly words of others who don't have a good grasp of the language or have an intellectual disability the may cause them to misspeak, Autumn is a living, breathing, intelligent person who is gifted in the art of English and all the subtleties of this language. If there is any further clarification or apology about what she said and what it really means, in order for it to be really meaningful, it has to come from herself.

For the record, I just want to say that for my whole life I have taken great offense to people whose words or actions are racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-trans, or in any way insult the dignity of people for just being who they are. I also take great offense at trying to be painted as someone who "has a compulsion" towards White Supremacy and Nazism.

About five years ago, I did watch this video "The Greatest Story Never Told". I chose to because it was intellectually challenging and would give me the opportunity to form different opinions, including disagreeing with the information here, which I greatly did (not just episode 24, as I mentioned above, but many other issues as well). My mother was born in Germany and I grew up hearing about WWII from both my mother's friends and Jewish friends whose families endured the holocaust and I was well versed in academic 20th century German history, so I was not someone to be easily led astray by a "Nazi" video. But what ever ones intentions in watching this video were, having watched it does not make one a Nazi. Intelligent people, like many of us on Avalon, are able to watch things and disagree with them at the same time.

I appreciate your sincere attempts to right Autumns wrongs, but if clarifications about words or misunderstood intentions are needed, then this is something she needs to do on her own. She is a big girl and can handle her own messes and hopefully can say what needs to be said with sincerity and without snarkiness.
    Yes, you are right that I did not address anything else that Autumn typed. I guess I just wanted to point out that AutumnW and Flash are both passionately anti-racist. Looks to me that you are too. So am I. Seems true for Praxis too. When people who are on the same side start poking each other with sharp sticks, my first thought is to remind a bunch of passionate people with differences of opinion that we have vast common ground. I don't speak for AutumnW - to me it was a clarification that needed to be made.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

AutumnW (21st May 2019), Flash (22nd May 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd May 2019), Kryztian (21st May 2019), Mark (22nd May 2019), Praxis (21st May 2019), Rosemarie (22nd May 2019), Sierra (22nd May 2019), Wind (21st May 2019)

13. Link to Post #168
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Kryztian, If you feel compelled to watch things that question the holocaust,
    Oh, so I am compelled to be a neo Nazi holocaust denier! Is this because of my "pimply white ass" that you clearly know about?

the holocaust ... was a conspiracy by one class of Jews against another
    Um, nothing like that was said here by any of us. You obviously didn't read my post above, #145 where I showed I was anything but a holocaust denier! You were too busy trying to pigeon hole me and others as alt-right nut cases so that you could drip your disdain and venom upon us.

It you want to honestly and seriously engage on issues and talk about the topics we do here at Avalon, that would be swell. But if you want to pigeon hole and stereotype people so that you can verbally defecate upon them, many of us work hard to get rid of trolls here on the forum, so guess who is next on the agenda?

What ever the little game it that you are playing here, it is time to quit while you are a million miles behind. If you don't have the decency to sincerely apoligize, it's time to get off this thread and quit your nastiness.
    I am not going to apologize for remarks I made about white supremacists. Sorry. As for you, whatever you posted didn't seem to me to be racist. I was simply lambasting the type of person who makes videos that start out well enough but end up like something out of Stormfront forums. You watched the video and came away with the info about Hitler. That's good. It's an interesting thought. I watched another documentary, which I initially confused with the one you posted, that made the same claims, but obviously made by somebody without a racist agenda. It was after reading your summary of the video I declined to watch it. I don't know what is pure gold there and what is salted.

I do not think you are a white supremacist at all or a holocaust denier. If I am guilty of anything it is of repeating your own concerns about this video. Okay? You dig?

14. Link to Post #169
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Imho the more interracial marriage the better too. It seems to me that whenever white people agitate for genetic purity, it's a bit like promoting a tiny gene pool where even the best swimmers are like them. Pink, hairless, bloated, not bright and thrashing about like they are drowning.
    Well, that's certainly one way to describe gold medalists at Olympic swims.

I'd hate to hear what everyone else looks like swimming.

Now do the Muslim Brotherhood! Or Zionist supremacists! Oh boy, I can't wait to hear what characteristics you use to describe their bodies as they swim. People think it's Jaws when they swim on their back, am I right?

Yes, that is sarcasm.
    Is this fellow a white supremacist, Voice?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (22nd May 2019)

16. Link to Post #170
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I raise a glass of pure water, toasting and saluting two passionately anti-racist Avalon members, AutumnW and Flash.

As Cool Hand Luke's nemesis prison warden said, "What we've got here is failure to communicate."

OK, here are the sentences: "It seems to me that whenever white people agitate for genetic purity, it's a bit like promoting a tiny gene pool where even the best swimmers are like them. Pink, hairless, bloated, not bright and thrashing about like they are drowning."

It is left a bit grammatically wanting in identifying the subject of the comment, and (obviously) somewhat open for misinterpretation. It's not about "white people." I understand it, but allow me to play grammar police (editor?) and try to help to identify and specify which specific group of people (white supremacists) are being blasted - but keeping the clever aquatic wordplay.

original phrase:
    could have been:
    or
    or
    It seems to me that whenever white supremacists agitate for genetic purity, it's a bit like promoting a tiny gene pool where even the best swimmers are like them. Pink, hairless, bloated, not bright and thrashing about like they are drowning.
    It seems to me that whenever white supremacists agitate for genetic purity, it's a bit like promoting a tiny gene pool where even the best swimmers are like them: pink, hairless, bloated, not bright, and thrashing about like they are drowning.
    That let's the reader know that it is an intentionally racist group, "white supremacists", and not "white people" that are being blasted (and, in my opinion, deservedly.) Actually, I consider white supremacists to be a dangerous group of miscreants, and AutumnW's mockery is tame in comparison to a full intellectual deconstruction of their mental pathology.
    Yes, I should have edited it more carefully. If I had I would have more clearly stated it was white supremacists I was referring to.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Constance (22nd May 2019), Sierra (22nd May 2019)

18. Link to Post #171
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Didgevillage (here)
    The so-called "Holocaust" was fabricated in America in 1950s, including the fake Diary of Anne Frank.
    Wow!

My grandfather, a German citizen of Polish parents was a construction worker and during 1940's was stationed in Warsaw in 1943 where he bulldozed the Jewish ghettos as he was ordered to do. When he came back to Germany, he would tell friends what he did and asked “And where did all those people go to?” at which point my grandmother ordered him to shut up because they would get in trouble. When the war ended and most people were busy getting their lives back together and not looking at the past, my grandfather, not a highly educated man, was one of the first to seek out the truth of what happened to Germany’s thriving Jewish population that had almost completely disappeared..

My grandfather, Peter Peplinski, in the early 1940s.

My mother’s best friend lost her entirely family except for her sister. The two of them were adopted by a Polish family that hid them for a while in large sauerkraut barrels while the Nazis were combing their villages. They eventually came to the U.S. and were adopted by a Jewish family. In the late 1980's she returned to Poland to meet the children of the family that saved her and was able to help them financially when the economy collapsed as Poland transitioned out of communism.

My mother, Elisabeth Peplinski, in the early 1940s.
    While she was going to Hitler Youth meetings, the woman
    who would become her best friend 20 years later was
    hiding from the Nazis in a sauerkraut barrel, to escape
    the fate of extermination that had befallen her family.

In college I made numerous friends with students who were Jewish. A number of them, when I asked about their extended families, they gave a sardonic laugh, and remarked how most of their family tree ended at places like Auschwitz, Treblinka and Buchenwald. For many of them, their parents and grandparents were people who barely made it out, and they would never talk to their children about the years of their lives in Germany, it was just too painful. Sometimes they were neurotic about the unpredictability of the future and seized every moment of the day like it was their last, or they were angry, reclusive and mistrustful of the world. When I entered the work place I met one German-Jewish man and tried to engage him in the language of his birth. He wouldn’t respond. He had refused to speak the language of the people who had enacted so much horror. In a hot unair-conditioned bus station I encountered an older woman who briefly rolled up her long sleeved blouse in the heat as I noticed numbers tattooed on her arm. She caught me staring at her arm and immediately rolled down her sleeves. Our eyes met briefly and then we both looked away, too ashamed to confront the ugliness that had befallen her.

On a number of threads you either blame Jewish people for what is wrong with the world or insist that certain individuals are problematic in the world are “crypto-Jews”, including Bill and Hillary Clinton, Antonin Scalia, and George W. Bush. When I asked you about Scalia, you cited a podcast of Texe Marrs, and I did listen to it.

Quote Posted by Didgevillage (here)
    Here's Texe Marrs talking about Scalia's (Jewish gentile) death.
    Go to 20:00
    http://remnantradio.org/Archives/aud...ume%20234).mp3

Marrs also indicates that the Pope (who at the time was in northern Mexico somewhere) could well have been there too.
    I have to say I’ve listened to thousands of podcasts and youtube videos in my time presenting all sorts of controversial and unorthodox ideas (most relating to conspiracy and the paranormal) and all of them exemplify different levels of research, critical analysis, and eloquence, some better than others, but this one, is definitely at the very bottom of the list. Texe Marrs makes the argument that Scalia is a “crypto-Jew” because Scalia openly referenced the Talmud as one basis for our legal system.

If you go to the Supreme Court, you will find a frieze which includes many of the important figures in the historical development of the law, including Menes, Hammurabi,, Lycurgus, Confucius, Justinian, Muhammad, Charlemagne, King John of England, Napoleon and Moses and King Solomon. Knowing Jewish law as well as the laws of these other traditions is only showing that he is versed in the history of law, as anyone who is expected to write the nations most important decisions should be. If reading and referring to the Talmud makes one Jewish, than I, a Roman Catholic am not only Jewish, but also Hindu, Shingon Buddhist, Christian Scientist, Scientologist, Lutheran, Swedenborgian, and am only one Koran reading away from being a “crypto-Moslem” is your unique way of classifying people.

The other allegation that Pope Francis was present at the ranch where Scalia was (at an imaginary pedophillia fest - not enough time and energy to debunk the lunatic logic of Mr. Texe Marr in one post) is absurd and ridiculous. Francis did visit Ciudad Juarez, a hundred miles a way on from the ranch on the other side of the border. Absolutely no evidence that he crossed the border or any evidence presented by Mr. Marrs to prove he did so or had reason to. Not only that, but Mr. Marrs should have done a little research about the dates too. Antonin Scalia died on the 13th of February, 2016. At that time, the Pope was still in Mexico City, about a thousand miles away, and would travel to three other cities before he hit Ciudad Juarez on February 17th. So, if the Pope was at the ranch, he not only amazing was able to get over the border into Texas unnoticed, but must also be a time traveler to have reached the ranch before the time of Scalia’s death.

It might sound as though I were leaving out some important ideas of Mr. Marrs or over simplifying them. To the best of my knowledge, I am reproducing his shallow and empty argument to the best of my ability but please check the link above if I have missed anything and I will make a correction.

In people who gravitate towards ideas like the Flat Earth Theory, there is a special kind of stupid that leads one to ignore reason and critical thinking and get sucked into vacuous ideas and proclaim them loudly and arrogantly. In people who gravitate towards ideas that certain racial or religious groups, are the entire source of the world’s problems, either openly or covertly, there is a special kind of ugliness. But here in your posts, we see the intersection of the two: extreme stupidity and extreme ugliness. Why the mods of Project Avalon can not tolerate Flat Earthers as much as they tolerate you is beyond me.

Bill you asked to go back to the topic, and I am sorry to interrupt a thread that has some intelligent posts. I would suggest moving my post and yours and Didge’s “Anne Frank” post to a new thread, where Didge can now have the opportunity to tell us, using critical thought, in his own words:
    • How Anne Frank’s diary was faked.
    • How George W. Bush and Bill and Hillary Clinton are crypto-Jews.
    • How we can prove that Pope Francis was present at Antonin Scalias death, and how we know with certainly there were pedophilic acts taking place.

If you are unable to do this Didge in a way that impresses us with intelligence and insight, it is time for you to leave this community. It is time for you to stop disrupting our post with your two lines of arrogance of how “the Jews did it.” It is time for you to stop derailing threads with your Jew-baiting comments. It is time for you to shut up and listen to what others have to say and to start using critical thinking. And it is time for Project Avalon to stop waiting for that to happen because you have already wasted enough of our time and energy.
    K,

I very much appreciate your comments here and am very moved by your family's story. It's really interesting and it is so helpful to have first hand accounts to counter all the B.S around this topic.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Flash (22nd May 2019), gord (22nd May 2019), Jad (21st May 2019), Kryztian (21st May 2019), Mark (22nd May 2019), Sierra (22nd May 2019)

20. Link to Post #172
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    Flash is there a reason you did not respond to what I posted and only continued to attack AutumnW about something that you misunderstood? Maybe you put me on the ignore list, but if you didnt:

I agree the way that AutumnW was not the clearest in who the target of his ire was. But since he thanked my post and confirmed that indeed he was talking only about a specific group of White people pushing the agenda of racial purity, it is disingenuous to call him racist against white people because clearly that is not what he said.

White nationalism are scum. I agree wholeheartedly with his assessment of Ethnonationalist of any color. If you are defending white nationalism, maybe you should take another sabbatical.

He should keep being vocal about White nationalist because we need to curb their rise since the Trump admin has made them feel WAY more comfortable.
    Amen. I say this as a small C Christian lefty who loves the Western Canon and Jordan Peterson but who is appalled at extremism on both ends of the ideological spectrum.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Sierra (22nd May 2019)

22. Link to Post #173
    Thanks

I am not going to apologize for remarks I made about white supremacists. Sorry.
    And no one was asking you to do that, so lets stop pretending that is what the issue is here.

As for you, whatever you posted didn't seem to me to be racist. I was simply lambasting the type of person ...
    Those last eight words there are probably the key to the problem. Why do you have to lambast "types of people" and feel entitled to put them down. Racism, homophobia, sexism, etc. are all about lambasting types of people. It is the same thing when you see someone expressing a certain thought or idea or see them with a book or watching a video and then you pigeon hole them as belonging to a "type of people." I could also, like you, describe myself as a liberal Christian that has enjoyed listening to Jordan Peterson, but doesn't mean we are the "same type or people" and it really doesn't describe why I am probably very different from you.

I found that my greatest opportunities to learn in this life were from people who weren't at all like me, so I am grateful for a world of not just different genders, skin colors, ethnicity, etc. but also for people who think intelligently and differently about the world. And if you stop lamblasting and start appreciating others for their different ways of thinking, you just might too. At a minimum, you will save yourself and others from a quite a bit of anguish.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd May 2019)

24. Link to Post #174
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am not going to apologize for remarks I made about white supremacists. Sorry.
    And no one was asking you to do that, so lets stop pretending that is what the issue is here.

As for you, whatever you posted didn't seem to me to be racist. I was simply lambasting the type of person ...
    Those last eight words there are probably the key to the problem. Why do you have to lambast "types of people" and feel entitled to put them down. Racism, homophobia, sexism, etc. are all about lambasting types of people. It is the same thing when you see someone expressing a certain thought or idea or see them with a book or watching a video and then you pigeon hole them as belonging to a "type of people." I could also, like you, describe myself as a liberal Christian that has enjoyed listening to Jordan Peterson, but doesn't mean we are the "same type or people" and it really doesn't describe why I am probably very different from you.

I found that my greatest opportunities to learn in this life were from people who weren't at all like me, so I am grateful for a world of not just different genders, skin colors, ethnicity, etc. but also for people who think intelligently and differently about the world. And if you stop lamblasting and start appreciating others for their different ways of thinking, you just might too. At a minimum, you will save yourself and others from a quite a bit of anguish.
    Dude, Are you intentionally misreading me? I don't appreciate racist hatemongers who make youtube videos that start out benign and end up being rants about how things would have been better if Nazis won the war, or stuff to that effect. Seriously...get a grip and quit sliming me.

BTW The entire sentence I wrote read:

I was simply lambasting the type of person who makes videos that start out well enough but end up like something out of Stormfront forums.

You used eight words that could have easily been taken out of context. Why did you do that?

Do you get that I do not think YOU are a racist for posting it, nor did I EVER claim I thought you were. You are obviously able to retrieve diamonds from dunghills of racist videos. Good for you.

YOu are obviously compelled to watch videos that challenge you in that way. I'm not. My personal opinion is if the creator of the video is that off base, I question his or her judgement on other facts in the video that I can't possibly vet for credibility. If you feel you can...well good on you.

Now for the love of God, knock it off.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 21st May 2019 at 22:42.

25. Link to Post #175
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Just to clarify Krystian,

Here is what YOU wrote about the video in question. It's the reason I didn't watch it.

Episode 24 really shows you who is behind the video - it basically says, if Hitler had won, we would not have to put up with .... what follows is a photo montage that shows pictures of interracial and same sex couples, mixed with photos of people rioting and urinating on public monuments. Make no mistake, this series is the work of fascist white supremacists.

And here you are suggesting I apologize.

What ever the little game it that you are playing here, it is time to quit while you are a million miles behind. If you don't have the decency to sincerely apoligize, it's time to get off this thread and quit your nastiness.---Kryztian

And no one was asking you to do that (apologize), so lets stop pretending that is what the issue is here. ---Kryztian

I did this for the sake of my sanity. I was wondering if I was imagining things

26. Link to Post #176
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

original phrase:
    could have been:
    or
    or
    Gosh, I never ever understood Autumn was talking about White Supremacists. Her/his comment are still harsh, but it is different (theirs are harsher). I sincerely would never have guessed in view of may abilities to read - gosh I have to revise the way I read English.

I read that she was talking about the whole white race.

Either Autumns writing mishaps, or my misunderstanding of the English language.

Please fellows, we are not all English speaking around here. When there is misunderstanding, please express yourself better to correct the situation instead of giving answers continuing the fights.

Thanks Dennis for clarifying. The most intelligent of us is you!!!!
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd May 2019), Constance (22nd May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Rosemarie (22nd May 2019), Sierra (22nd May 2019)

28. Link to Post #177
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

No, no reason. I read the thread fast and had to go do some other chores. I truly never understood about white supremacists. You know when thing are written in a subtle way like "whenever white people agitate for genetic purity,", foreigners take it literally. We are not from your culture to start with, there are about zero white supremacists in my province, so I do not automatically link genetic purity with white supremacists. To me, it was all white who wants purity from what I read. And this seemed like a racist comment because not true (from my reading).

I am not anything racist truly, what I care about is good hearted people with basic human decency.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

AriG (22nd May 2019), AutumnW (22nd May 2019), Constance (22nd May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Mark (22nd May 2019), Praxis (22nd May 2019), Rosemarie (22nd May 2019), Sierra (22nd May 2019), silvanelf (27th May 2019)

30. Link to Post #178
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

No, no reason. I read the thread fast and had to go do some other chores. I truly never understood about white supremacists. You know when thing are written in a subtle way like "whenever white people agitate for genetic purity,", foreigners take it literally. We are not from your culture to start with, there are about zero white supremacists in my province, so I do not automatically link genetic purity with white supremacists. To me, it was all white who wants purity from what I read. And this seemed like a racist comment because not true (from my reading).

I am not anything racist truly, what I care about is good hearted people with basic human decency.
    Flash,

I don’t think you interpreted the language incorrectly at all. I am a multi-lingual American ( I know, an oxymoron), and I also live about 60 miles (currently) from the Mason-Dixon Line and a mere six years ago, lived right on that line. A line tinged with racial hatred and tension. The innuendos are subtle and the bias is duplicitous. The anger and hatred of caucasians here is palpable. Not suggesting that a long history hasn’t forced that and understandably so, but when does the hatred end? Are we doomed to play out the same scenario that plagues Israel/Gaza, or can we rise above the sins of our forebearers and heal the divide? Forgiveness and understanding must prevail, lest we all perish.
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd May 2019), Flash (22nd May 2019), Mark (22nd May 2019)

32. Link to Post #179
    Thanks

Are you intentionally misreading me? ...

The entire sentence I wrote read:

I was simply lambasting the type of person who makes videos that start out well enough but end up like something out of Stormfront forums.

You used eight words that could have easily been taken out of context. Why did you do that?
    What is the important context here that I missed? The words I omitted were “person who makes videos that start out well enough but end up like something out of Stormfront forums.” How would including those words have changed my meaning? I was referring to both, this sentence here, where you paint some ugly generalized picture of “racists” so that you can apply it to people and vent you bile and venom upon them, and to your classifications of me, where you don’t directly call me a racist or Nazi or white supremacist, but you clearly craft a web of words to make that kind of insinuation. Here, are your exact words:

Kryztian, If you feel compelled to watch things that question the holocaust, up to suggesting it was a conspiracy by one class of Jews against another, feel free.
    I felt “compelled”. I have “compulsions”. Wow, that sounds like I am a sick person. How do you know what brought me to this video? I’ve never watched any video where one class of Jews conspired against another. Can you tell me the name of such a video? This is an ugly and offensive mis characterization of who I am. Deplorable!

You are obviously able to retrieve diamonds from dunghills of racist videos. Good for you.
    So I watch “dunghills of racist videos”? I’ve watched this ONE VIDEO, and not even in its entirety! Care to tell me about the other ones you know about? And why is this video a dunghill? It’s been five years since I’ve watched it, but some of the historical incidents that I did learn about were the Mexican Repatriation of the 1920's where Millions of Hispanics, many born in the U.S.A., and some of them not even Mexican, were deported to Mexico by the U.S.A. and the Amritsar massacre, a grotesque slaughter of Indians by the British Raj. Bill Ryan, the founder of the forum in which you are a member recommends watching this video. Since you are a member of a forum, where the forum head makes "racist" videos, doesn't that make you a racist too.

I’ve been called “fag” and “cracker” before. I’ve also been around others who have been insulted and demeaned in such ways. And it sucks and hurts. And I thought I was beyond letting ugly remarks like that bother me. But your elaborate weaving of words designed to call me out as someone who I am not really makes me feel sick. Thank you for reminding me that I am not as thick skinned as I thought and ugly words can still make me feel really sick!

Now for the love of God, knock it off.
    For the Love of God, I will always be aware of abusive behavior, or mean spiritedness, of techniques to bully and badger, and for the Love of God, I will always continue to fight against them, but holding people responsible for their own words!

[Additional Edit] I see you removed the "diamonds from dunghills of racist videos" comment from your original post. Thank you! That is an improvement
    Last edited by Kryztian; 22nd May 2019 at 02:17. Reason: Adding additional thought

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Flash (22nd May 2019), petra (22nd May 2019)

34. Link to Post #180
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by AriG (here)

Flash,

I don’t think you interpreted the language incorrectly at all.
    Hi AriG

Did you happen to see this post by AutumnW?

Yes, I should have edited it more carefully. If I had I would have more clearly stated it was white supremacists I was referring to.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd May 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd May 2019), Flash (22nd May 2019), Sierra (22nd May 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 9 19 LastLast