+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: 30 Traits Of An Empath - How To know If You're An Empath

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: 30 Traits Of An Empath - How To know If You're An Empath

Well, I've always known that you're an angel, Paula. That's no surprise.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

DebJoy (26th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th May 2017), Michelle Marie (1st August 2016), rgray222 (4th June 2014), RunningDeer (9th May 2014)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zaya (here)
    Quote Posted by Lone Bean (here)
    Wow! I guess I was supposed to come here and read all this. Wow. This really has helped a lot. I've downloaded the wanderer's handbook and will read it as I can. I seem to always get distracted by someone or something right when I need to do something important for myself like sitting quietly and absorbing this book. This is a weird thought, but I have been wondering for a long time if my husband is here to distract me or keep me from fully accomplishing what it is I am trying to do. He's a nice enough guy, but he is so tightly bound to this society we live in and gets upset when I step outside of it. And now he's chronically irritated with me since I'm always just outside of it and rarely, if ever, partake in it's offerings (which I loathe).
    Lone Bean, may I offer one small piece of (not advice) musing?

Perhaps you shouldn't get too caught up in whether he "meant to be' a distraction to you or not. Just follow your heart. I can't decide whether I believe in "meant to" or not. Don't we define our own meaning? Besides, there is always the possibility that YOU were meant to influence him and wake him up (if we are meant to do stuff!).
    Yeah lol!! I've wondered about that too. I hope that's the way it is, but at this rate he'll be 112 before he ever listens to me or gives me any acknowledgement that I might know what I'm talking about.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

DebJoy (26th May 2017), Michelle Marie (1st August 2016), rgray222 (4th June 2014)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Well, I've always known that you're an angel, Paula. That's no surprise.
    It takes one to know one, Wind.

I'm committed to act on the synchronicities and follow through. Though, I confess, I logged off and ran away, all red faced and scolding, "What the heck, Pauler?" "What were you thinkingggg?" Especially with the whole New Age controversy.

For me, the message is the same across platforms. Heart Song: love, compassion, understanding, courage, forgiveness, gratitude, etc.

(And if there are wings.... well, they must be in my power bag.)

<3

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

DebJoy (26th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th May 2017), Michelle Marie (1st August 2016), rgray222 (4th June 2014), Wind (9th May 2014)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

I must be one x

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

Antagenet (17th June 2014), DebJoy (26th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th May 2017), Michelle Marie (1st August 2016), psydney (25th May 2014), rgray222 (4th June 2014), RunningDeer (25th May 2014)

9. Link to Post #85
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello Zaya i also identify myself with most of the traits. I am also medicated for extreme anxiety. And i am really having bad time controlling it. Today i took 4 anxiety pills all at once. I thought i was going nuts, i had a panic attack or maybe i'm having the beginning of a nervous breakdown or is it too much stress i don't know. People told me i'm a psychic i don't know what i am but this is very painfull. Everyday is painfull, i feel the energy of others and my own problems. At this moment only nature relieves me and this subtle energy that appears to me and inside of me that i don't know what it is. It feels like water. I want to have a normal life be active and it is really hard. My friends don't understand why i'm not active and they don't get it that it is because i don't feel good. These panic attacks or whatever appear to me when i least expect it. So i want to have a very active life but i can't because when these things appear which now it is almost every day i feel very drained mentally and physically. It's sad because i want to have a normal life. Even when i try to be with friends i feel bad. With some people i even get weird. With some people i can't stand their energy. My solar plexus it's ruined. I am also doing floral therapy of Dr. Bach. Hope it helps.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pleiades For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2017), DebJoy (26th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th May 2017), rgray222 (26th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Pleiades (here)
    Today i took 4 anxiety pills all at once.
    Well, don't do that! Any drugs or medications will dampen everything, including your perception, awareness, and abilities. And they may become addictive.

Quote Posted by Pleiades (here)
    I am also doing floral therapy of Dr. Bach. Hope it helps.
    Yes, it will. They're totally harmless, and can really work well if you get the right combination of remedies — often, up to 5-6 (max) at once.

You can figure things out from this summary list, but best of all may be simply to use your own intuition. Go to a store where they have the whole set of 38, and then hold them next to your cheek (or maybe, just in your hand). You'll know which ones you need.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DebJoy (26th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th May 2017), rgray222 (26th October 2019), RunningDeer (26th May 2017)

13. Link to Post #87
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Empaths Need to Take Extra Care During This Global Pandemic

With so many millions of people either getting ill or thinking about getting ill it leave the empaths open to a lot of 2nd hand pain, anxiety and even actual sickness. It is time to pay attention.

Empathic illnesses are those in which you manifest symptoms that are not your own. Many empaths exhibit “agoraphobic” with panic disorders, chronic depression, fatigue, pain, or mysterious ailments that respond only partially to medications or psychotherapy. Some are nearly housebound or ill for long periods of time. They say, “I dread being in crowds (not a problem under the current situation). Other people’s anger, stress, and pain drain me, and I need a lot of alone time to refuel my energy.” Most of these people are “physical empaths,” people who are so porous they absorb the symptoms of others.

Physical empaths do not have the defenses that others have to screen things out. They have a hard time protecting themselves, setting healthy boundaries, and letting go of energy they picked up from others.

If your struggling with other people's pain here are some stategies to stop absorbing other peoples illnesses and pain.
    • Evaluate. First, ask yourself: Is this symptom or emotion mine or someone else's? It could be both. If the emotion such as fear or anger is yours, gently confront what's causing it on your own or with professional help. If it’s not yours, try to pinpoint the obvious generator.
    • Move away. When possible, distance yourself by at least 20 feet from the suspected source. See if you feel relief. Don't err on the side of not wanting to offend strangers. In a public place, don't hesitate to change seats if you feel a sense of “dis-ease” imposing on you.
    • Know your vulnerable points. Each of us has a body part that is more vulnerable to absorbing others’ stress. Mine is my gut. Scan your body to determine yours. Is it you neck? Do you get sore throats? Headaches? Bladder infections? At the onset of symptoms in these areas, place your palm there and keep sending loving-kindness to that area to soothe discomfort. For longstanding depression or pain, use this method daily to strengthen yourself. It's comforting and builds a sense of safety and optimism.
    • Surrender to your breath. If you suspect you are picking up someone else’s symptoms, concentrate on your breath for a few minutes. This is centering and connects you to your power.
    • Practice Guerilla Meditation. To counter emotional or physical distress, act fast and meditate for a few minutes. Do this at home, at work, at parties, or conferences. Or, take refuge in the bathroom. If it’s public, close the stall. Meditate there. Calm yourself. Focus on positivity and love.
    • Set healthy limits and boundaries. Control how much time you spend listening to stressful people, and learn to say “no.” Remember, “no” is a complete sentence.
    • Visualize protection around you. Visualize an envelope of white light around your entire body. Or with extremely toxic people, visualize a fierce black jaguar patrolling and protecting your energy field against intruders.
    • Develop X-ray vision. The spaces between the vertebrae in your lower back (lumbar spine) are conducive to eliminating pain from the body. It’s helpful to learn to mindfully direct pain out of these spaces by visualizing it leaving your body. Say goodbye to pain as it blends with the giant energy matrix of life.
    • Take a bath or shower. A quick way to dissolve stress is to immerse yourself in water. My bath is my sanctuary after a busy day. It washes away everything from bus exhaust to long hours of air travel to pesky symptoms I have taken on from others. Soaking in natural mineral springs purifies all that ails.

Keep practicing these strategies. By protecting yourself and your space, you can create a magical safe space around you that nurtures you, while simultaneously driving negative people away. Don’t panic if you occasionally pick up pain or some other nasty symptom. It happens. With strategies to surrender other people’s symptoms, you can have quicker responses to stressful situations. This will make you feel safer, healthier, and protect your sensitivity.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2020), Mari (19th March 2020), onawah (19th March 2020), Phoenix (2nd April 2020), RunningDeer (29th May 2022), TomKat (26th March 2020), Victoria (19th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #88
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)

With so many millions of people either getting ill or thinking about getting ill it leave the empaths open to a lot of 2nd hand pain, anxiety and even actual sickness. It is time to pay attention.

Empathic illnesses are those in which you manifest symptoms that are not your own. Many empaths exhibit “agoraphobic” with panic disorders, chronic depression, fatigue, pain, or mysterious ailments that respond only partially to medications or psychotherapy. Some are nearly housebound or ill for long periods of time. They say, “I dread being in crowds (not a problem under the current situation). Other people’s anger, stress, and pain drain me, and I need a lot of alone time to refuel my energy.” Most of these people are “physical empaths,” people who are so porous they absorb the symptoms of others.

Physical empaths do not have the defenses that others have to screen things out. They have a hard time protecting themselves, setting healthy boundaries, and letting go of energy they picked up from others.

If your struggling with other people's pain here are some stategies to stop absorbing other peoples illnesses and pain.
    • Evaluate. First, ask yourself: Is this symptom or emotion mine or someone else's? It could be both. If the emotion such as fear or anger is yours, gently confront what's causing it on your own or with professional help. If it’s not yours, try to pinpoint the obvious generator.
    • Move away. When possible, distance yourself by at least 20 feet from the suspected source. See if you feel relief. Don't err on the side of not wanting to offend strangers. In a public place, don't hesitate to change seats if you feel a sense of “dis-ease” imposing on you.
    • Know your vulnerable points. Each of us has a body part that is more vulnerable to absorbing others’ stress. Mine is my gut. Scan your body to determine yours. Is it you neck? Do you get sore throats? Headaches? Bladder infections? At the onset of symptoms in these areas, place your palm there and keep sending loving-kindness to that area to soothe discomfort. For longstanding depression or pain, use this method daily to strengthen yourself. It's comforting and builds a sense of safety and optimism.
    • Surrender to your breath. If you suspect you are picking up someone else’s symptoms, concentrate on your breath for a few minutes. This is centering and connects you to your power.
    • Practice Guerilla Meditation. To counter emotional or physical distress, act fast and meditate for a few minutes. Do this at home, at work, at parties, or conferences. Or, take refuge in the bathroom. If it’s public, close the stall. Meditate there. Calm yourself. Focus on positivity and love.
    • Set healthy limits and boundaries. Control how much time you spend listening to stressful people, and learn to say “no.” Remember, “no” is a complete sentence.
    • Visualize protection around you. Visualize an envelope of white light around your entire body. Or with extremely toxic people, visualize a fierce black jaguar patrolling and protecting your energy field against intruders.
    • Develop X-ray vision. The spaces between the vertebrae in your lower back (lumbar spine) are conducive to eliminating pain from the body. It’s helpful to learn to mindfully direct pain out of these spaces by visualizing it leaving your body. Say goodbye to pain as it blends with the giant energy matrix of life.
    • Take a bath or shower. A quick way to dissolve stress is to immerse yourself in water. My bath is my sanctuary after a busy day. It washes away everything from bus exhaust to long hours of air travel to pesky symptoms I have taken on from others. Soaking in natural mineral springs purifies all that ails.

Keep practicing these strategies. By protecting yourself and your space, you can create a magical safe space around you that nurtures you, while simultaneously driving negative people away. Don’t panic if you occasionally pick up pain or some other nasty symptom. It happens. With strategies to surrender other people’s symptoms, you can have quicker responses to stressful situations. This will make you feel safer, healthier, and protect your sensitivity.
    I have always known I am an empath, as my mother and my grandmother before me. It is one of the reasons I hide from people. Some times you can see too much. But I am wondering....can I be an empath to animals? I have this bull who showed up at my house and he has been giving me a message that I have been ignoring and saying to myself that a bull could not be giving me a message. Is it possible?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2020), Mari (19th March 2020), onawah (19th March 2020), rgray222 (20th March 2020), RunningDeer (29th May 2022), Victoria (19th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

One thing I have found invaluable for empathic overload and psychic attack is essential oils. Those 3 kings knew a thing or two and I find frankincense and myrrh particularly effective. There are some great diffusers out there although the nature of myrrh means it can only really be used in burners.
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 19th March 2020 at 18:00.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2020), rgray222 (20th March 2020), RunningDeer (29th May 2022), Victoria (19th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #90
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,089 times in 20,639 posts

Certainly it's possible! That's what people like Anna do:
    See: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1336030
    Quote Posted by Geophyz (here)

I have always known I am an empath, as my mother and my grandmother before me. It is one of the reasons I hide from people. Some times you can see too much. But I am wondering....can I be an empath to animals? I have this bull who showed up at my house and he has been giving me a message that I have been ignoring and saying to myself that a bull could not be giving me a message. Is it possible?
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (20th March 2020), rgray222 (20th March 2020), RunningDeer (29th May 2022)

21. Link to Post #91
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,289 times in 672 posts

Absolutely! I too am an empath & please know that it IS possible this bull was trying to communicate with you. A huge barrier for us is the belief that its not possible for animals to communicate with us – they’re ‘dumb’. Far from it! I’ve been studying animal communication & its opened up a huge world for me – and others studying this.
    Take a look at these websites if you want to know more. These are only two of many practitioners out there.

(Anna Breytenbach (Animal Spirit) has a wonderful & famous you tube video featuring a black panther/puma who she helped.) Awesome!

https://www.animalspirit.org/

https://animalthoughts.com/

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (20th March 2020), rgray222 (20th March 2020), RunningDeer (29th May 2022)

23. Link to Post #92
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

[QUOTE=Mari;1342104]

Absolutely! I too am an empath & please know that it IS possible this bull was trying to communicate with you. A huge barrier for us is the belief that its not possible for animals to communicate with us – they’re ‘dumb’. Far from it! I’ve been studying animal communication & its opened up a huge world for me – and others studying this.
    Take a look at these websites if you want to know more. These are only two of many practitioners out there.

(Anna Breytenbach (Animal Spirit) has a wonderful & famous you tube video featuring a black panther/puma who she helped.) Awesome
    Last edited by Karen (Geophyz); 27th March 2020 at 13:47.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2020), kfm27917 (1st April 2020), onawah (29th May 2022), rgray222 (4th September 2022), RunningDeer (29th May 2022)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

What do I do if I am getting a message but I don't know what it means? Everyday, same message. When I am brushing Red Bull he looks me straight in the eyes and says the same thing.
    Thank you for the websites! I am learning more every day.
    Maybe it means you're full of something?

26. Link to Post #94
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,089 times in 20,639 posts

Hidden Superpower: 15 Signs You Are a SIGMA EMPATH
    95,642 views Dec 18, 2021
    Bloke Box
    23.5K subscribers

( I had never heard of a "Sigma" empath before, but this rings true. Basic traits of empaths, but with a difference; the end stage of empathic evolution. )

"The sigma empath makes for one of the rarest combinations of personality types that exist in the general population.
    They possess many of the same abilities as a classic empath, but manifest them in very particular ways."

Last edited by onawah; 30th May 2022 at 15:10.
    Each breath a gift...

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

atman (29th May 2022), Harmony (29th May 2022), raregem (29th May 2022), rgray222 (4th September 2022), RunningDeer (29th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (29th May 2022), Trisher (29th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5