+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast

Thread: The quality of Avalon: keeping the signal-to-noise-ratio high

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: The quality of Avalon: keeping the signal-to-noise-ratio high

The biggest problem with mass experience is that it is based upon reactive logic.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

astrid (3rd December 2011), norman (26th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well said Bill !
    There is quite enough BS floating around to drown us all.

4. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,622 times in 345 posts

This thread needs bumping. The essential information and wisdom required during 2011 is subtle and definitely has very little to do with most external events. Distractions abound all around you, many disguised as sensational snippets of irrelevant information.

You can't change the world in a year. But you sure can do a LOT to change your relationship with it.
    Clear your mind and listen carefully.

"Already know you, that which you need." - Yoda

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tigger For This Post:

bluestflame (5th January 2011)

6. Link to Post #24
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by Tigger (here)

This thread needs bumping. The essential information and wisdom required during 2011 is subtle and definitely has very little to do with most external events. Distractions abound all around you, many disguised as sensational snippets of irrelevant information.

You can't change the world in a year. But you sure can do a LOT to change your relationship with it.
    Clear your mind and listen carefully.

"Already know you, that which you need." - Yoda
    Agreed tigger. bumped again

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Post:

bluestflame (5th January 2011), heyokah (5th January 2011)

8. Link to Post #25
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

in the stillness , things subtle and hidden are more readily observed

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

meeradas (25th January 2011), NancyV (26th January 2011), Nate (30th January 2011)

10. Link to Post #26
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Again, bumped. Seems especially so with the influx of newbies, such as myself. I'm working hard to break my habit of being too mouthy too fast. This is a mighty smart crowd. I'm getting a lot out of reading stuff. Frankly, it's a bit intimidating dipping ones toes in these waters, especially with the present level of intensity. Thanks for making this a quality site, Bill and crew.

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

We live in a world where we are primarily 'head' focused - it is understandable that many people speak their minds before they weigh the merrit of those words with their hearts. This forum is a good place to practice much weighing...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _M_ For This Post:

Billiam (25th January 2011), Shikasta (26th January 2011)

13. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member dcflux's Avatar
    Thanks

I must say... Bill, I have been a big follower of you and Kerry for several years now. I never joined as a member here in the past but enjoyed much of the content; I do not know why I never joined until now... but I think the main reason is broken down into two parts... after the split at Camelot, I lost you there for a while. You did not post much and I really found that your perspective at Camelot was just brilliant. I do love you and Kerry both but I found myself rooting for you much of the time as your ideas, questions, and manners where simply inspiring. I have learned a lot from watching you conduct yourself. So... You are back. You bring along a new contact that is very intriguing and I can see in your 1st interview with Charles that something is different. Not only in your way but by your radiance. Much of the confirmation that was received by Charles was a synchronicity for me due to the fact that I had been having several of those universe moments with many of the concepts that he put forward. The second main reason for the join... the main forum that I frequent the most just got too littered with trivial babble and bickering. It seemed to be a waste of time with not much direction. I am searching for a new home and am sure that I found it! I have been visiting with many of the members, quietly, in the background and really appreciate the level of exchange that your forum members engage in. Now you have this post and I am happy to hear that you will put valuable effort into maintaining a high level of dialog here. For that, I thank you. I am only a provisional member now and I expect to get caught up to speed as soon as I can. Until then... I guess in the grand scope of things... this is just a little bit of noise without much signal except to say keep up the good work.

Cheers,

:D

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dcflux For This Post:

exponentialist (31st January 2011), Icecold (26th January 2011), Kindling (28th January 2011), luking (31st January 2011), Nate (30th January 2011), Shikasta (26th January 2011), ThePythonicCow (26th January 2011)

15. Link to Post #29
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

Quote Posted by dcflux (here)
    I must say... Bill, I have been a big follower of you and Kerry for several years now. I never joined as a member here in the past but enjoyed much of the content; I do not know why I never joined until now... but I think the main reason is broken down into two parts... after the split at Camelot, I lost you there for a while. You did not post much and I really found that your perspective at Camelot was just brilliant. I do love you and Kerry both but I found myself rooting for you much of the time as your ideas, questions, and manners where simply inspiring. I have learned a lot from watching you conduct yourself. So... You are back. You bring along a new contact that is very intriguing and I can see in your 1st interview with Charles that something is different. Not only in your way but by your radiance. Much of the confirmation that was received by Charles was a synchronicity for me due to the fact that I had been having several of those universe moments with many of the concepts that he put forward. The second main reason for the join... the main forum that I frequent the most just got too littered with trivial babble and bickering. It seemed to be a waste of time with not much direction. I am searching for a new home and am sure that I found it! I have been visiting with many of the members, quietly, in the background and really appreciate the level of exchange that your forum members engage in. Now you have this post and I am happy to hear that you will put valuable effort into maintaining a high level of dialog here. For that, I thank you. I am only a provisional member now and I expect to get caught up to speed as soon as I can. Until then... I guess in the grand scope of things... this is just a little bit of noise without much signal except to say keep up the good work.

Cheers,

:D
    I understand exactly what you are saying dcflux. Good thoughts. BTW if its not a rude question, from which forum have you moved?

16. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member luking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dcflux (here)
    I have learned a lot from watching you conduct yourself. So... You are back.
    I couldn't agree more, dcflux. Camelot/Avalon has changed my outlook on so many things, but I just now realized how I also appreciate Bill's leader/teacher qualities. It motivates me to offer my own talents where I can, and the whole thing builds organically into game-changing thought structures.

Hooray for Avalon!

17. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Well said Bill! There is too much of that on the Web in general. Reposted crap and assorted BS. And the worst thing is people who are reposting or linking material aren't giving proper credit to the author so one who wants to follow up can look into it properly. It's frustrating. I'm glad you made it clear!

18. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,571 times in 32,794 posts

Quote Posted by Tigger (here)

Agreed.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (24th May 2016), bluestflame (22nd December 2011), D-Day (22nd December 2011), Earth Angel (22nd December 2011), Tintin (4th November 2022), Yoda (3rd December 2011)

20. Link to Post #33
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Glad this was bumped. I am still newer here, balancing the reading of the current discussions, and foraying back into older ones, as I can. Cheers, all.

21. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

a quote from carmody
    Quote The biggest problem with mass experience is that it is based upon reactive logic.
    what does this mean? it means a large number of forum members have a tendency to get swept up into the latest drama and create a mob type mentality

if you look at the list of most viewed posts over the last 30 days, almost all of them are drama based fluff.

Are you here for entertainment? the drama of the alternative community rivals any prime-time soap opera. UFO's, secret societies, and Armageddon scenarios are the stuff of box office hits. is that the allure that Avalon has for you? what motivates you in starting a thread? is it excitement? do you seek attention? or are you genuinely trying to add to the reservoir of insightful information available for those who come after you?

your rulers see you as unintelligent animals, easily distracted and subverted. That is their justification for treating you as their play toys. they feel they have the right to control your mind because you have no control over it yourself. they gain amusement by watching you weave your way through the maze of life thinking the answer is just around the corner.

no.

the maze is built for one reason only, to keep you moving, so you never consider the fact that the constant self induced movement within the maze is the prison, not the maze itself. there is no need for another Atticus to come along and try to derail this forum, for its members are doing a much better job than he ever could!

you could be so much more, but viewing you as a group, i cant say i disagree with them.

if you cannot learn to self censor, discern and calmly deliberate, this forum will fail in helping you see the light, it will only strengthen the hold of maya upon you.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

22. Link to Post #35
    Borden

Thanks, Bill - I agree completely.

I believe the threads that inspired you to make this comment are by and large well meaning and from a desire to share something which the poster finds interesting, but yes - it is noise. I don't post things I've found on the Internet, and because of that I have sometimes felt that I might be viewed as a redundant poster who only talks about his opinions rather than act as an amateur journalist. I hope this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

There are some great posts I find here - from various places - clips, etc ... but I agree completely that when it's entitled 'you must watch this' or similar, but with no real explanation, it gets a little wearing. I can't reach into the bran tub every time.

Bill, I would be interested to know what you think about threads that are not necessarily linked to a current piece of news but are rather the insights and opinions on a certain subject that a member feels he or she needs to share. What are the criteria for it being an Avalon-worthy comment? I know you don't set yourself up as dictator of this place, but I am interested to know your feelings about where you would rather the general attention focus. I'm sure you're as sick and tired as I am of the enormous attention on in fighting and hurt feelings that I feel have almost dominated this forum recently.

Borden

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

D-Day (22nd December 2011), gigha (22nd December 2011), pickle (21st June 2012)

24. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Quote Posted by bearcow (here)
    a quote from carmody
    Quote The biggest problem with mass experience is that it is based upon reactive logic.
    what does this mean? it means a large number of forum members have a tendency to get swept up into the latest drama and create a mob type mentality

if you look at the list of most viewed posts over the last 30 days, almost all of them are drama based fluff.

Are you here for entertainment? the drama of the alternative community rivals any prime-time soap opera. UFO's, secret societies, and Armageddon scenarios are the stuff of box office hits. is that the allure that Avalon has for you? what motivates you in starting a thread? is it excitement? do you seek attention? or are you genuinely trying to add to the reservoir of insightful information available for those who come after you?

your rulers see you as unintelligent animals, easily distracted and subverted. That is their justification for treating you as their play toys. they feel they have the right to control your mind because you have no control over it yourself. they gain amusement by watching you weave your way through the maze of life thinking the answer is just around the corner.

no.

the maze is built for one reason only, to keep you moving, so you never consider the fact that the constant self induced movement within the maze is the prison, not the maze itself. there is no need for another Atticus to come along and try to derail this forum, for its members are doing a much better job than he ever could!

you could be so much more, but viewing you as a group, i cant say i disagree with them.

if you cannot learn to self censor, discern and calmly deliberate, this forum will fail in helping you see the light, it will only strengthen the hold of maya upon you.
    It's all part of the illusion - the matrix - to keep us firmly in the game - and it is working very well. Why? because otherwise we just might break some experiential loops and break free from this game of illusions - the matrix - and find ourselves an escape hatch and graduate out of here. But the game is very creative in its hold on us, and the DNA commands are strong indeed, so we continue on rehashing the same old game structures and paradigms. But it is all part of our journey - our quest - and our experiences will teach us many things - its all a part of the learning and growing process. Just my observation ~
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

25. Link to Post #37
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

This thread deserve to be in first page all time

bump

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

pickle (21st June 2012)

27. Link to Post #38
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

reading Bill's post does sound like it was written for what is going on now, can we sticky this one?

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------------

Hi, Guys, please listen up for a moment.

This thread is inspired by one of the recent 'disclosure prediction' threads that turned out to be yet another deliberate hoax.

This is not a shot any any individual member here: but I strongly feel that Avalon members should have a responsibility NOT to forward fake or hokey predictions or 'channeled messages' - which is currently happening at a rate of one or more a week.

We don't need this kind of nonsense in a climate of the times that could not be more serious. There ARE very critical things happening quietly in the world, and the real signals get lost in all the 'noise'.

Be very sure that this is intended.

Folks, I ask you: don't needlessly add to the noise.

I always wanted Avalon to be about quality rather than quantity: for people to be able to come here quickly and find a digest of good information and intelligent discussion.

To re-post any junk on YouTube or Facebook that catches our eye, thinking we're doing the members a service, might be a well-intended error of judgment. Please always use your intelligence and discrimination.

I'm no friend or fan of ATS, but the mods there immediately deleted a thread about the recent "The Agency" 'prediction' of a 'radioactive satellite' over Munich on 20 October, that was really a forecast comet - not only because it was clearly false, but because the writer urged that it must 'go viral'.

They were quite correct to censor this cheap nonsense and stop it in its tracks. Our collective alternative knowledge base is being deliberately infected by information of zero or negative value in the same way as our computers (or bodies!) can become infected with viruses.

The presence of the zero-value add-ons decreases our capacity to function optimally. In this case, we're rendered less able to evaluate authentic information. This is one reason why I find myself increasingly unsympathetic to hoaxes, hoaxers and other forms of knowledge devaluation, and have made some of the decisions I've made in the last year.

This is not in any way 'censoring the truth movement': the real truth is far more incredible and unbelievable than any fiction.

I want to make the real truth easier to see by flitering out the distractions - some of which are deliberate, and some of which are just naive.

In 2005-6 I was closely involved in the 'Serpo story'. It was a really valuable experience. Much of that was nonsense (and it got more and more ridiculous as the 'disclosure' was sabotaged from inside): but some was certainly true. It was worth discussing at first until it just became way too crazy and was eventually completely derailed. By that time I had abandoned it.

That's when I learned the priceless lesson that the truth in the alternative community is much more about PR than about actual facts. PR wins every time. And the insiders also understand this very well. They're masters at playing their cards.

So, don't help them win their game. Really intelligent analysis is the answer. But that takes time, and care, and real research. The insiders count on you not to bother to do all that.

They financed the creation of Facebook, and there's a good reason for their smart investment. The 'noise' is WAY amplified there. That's why I have no Facebook page, and never use it.

Indirectly related to this: please don't re-post YouTube videos with no comment, or with a simple statement like "Hey, Guys, look at this". I and many others will never watch a video unless someone tells me why I should spend the time. Please be smart and caring enough to summarize in your own words what the added value is.

Added value is what it's all about. If you're NOT adding value, then just keep reading. Though some of them are hard to find, Avalon has over 6,000 threads which contain enough good material to keep us all busy for a very long time.

My best wishes to all - Bill

28. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,571 times in 32,794 posts

<-- after a couple of threads were started recently (about silly claims supposedly by Ed Snowden copied from an openly satirical site, believed by some members to be factual).

To all members: please do your research before starting new threads about topics that waste members' time.

There are over 55,000 threads on Avalon, including some real gems that you will not find anywhere else. There are life-changing jewels here of very high value. Please don't bury them in too much mud!

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Another1 (27th July 2013), Atlas (24th May 2016), blufire (27th July 2013), Ernie Nemeth (2nd November 2013), Fred Steeves (26th July 2013), Freed Fox (26th July 2013), karelia (26th July 2013), Limor Wolf (26th July 2013), mab777 (26th July 2013), Richard S. (26th July 2013), Tintin (4th November 2022), ulli (26th July 2013), william r sanford72 (26th July 2013), Yoda (26th July 2013)

30. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,160 times in 13,484 posts

With Avalon having such a diversity of members and there being also so many different stages of awakening, or transformation, I suppose we will always find newcomers posting disinformation, since they are only beginners at the discernment game. While some posts are deliberately aimed at spreading disinformation, the majority is done innocently.
    At the other end of the spectrum there are people who have been investigating UFO and other phenomena all of their lives and lived through the nineties when websites covering such topics were still genuine, before the PTB discovered that they only weapon against their secrets being exposed via the Internet was to use part of their budget to put out false info, and spread confusion via half truths ...as websites they considered dangerous could not be taken down.

So the way an investigative mind would respond is by developing its intuitive faculties and learn to discern at just one glance what is real and what is fake.
    Which in my view might be THE main purpose of life on this planet.
    This intuition is actually the most positive outcome of the information wars,
    and may well be the saving grace of all humanity.
    The path leads from naïveté to cynicism, only to settle later in life at a midpoint between the two.
    Hopefully.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Another1 (27th July 2013), Ernie Nemeth (2nd November 2013), transiten (23rd January 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast