+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: The quality of Avalon: keeping the signal-to-noise-ratio high

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,162 times in 1,389 posts

Default Re: The quality of Avalon: keeping the signal-to-noise-ratio high

I have to say, the irony within this thread is making me chuckle. Isn't the thanks button there to avoid the need for reams of "yeah, I agree" type posts, thus keeping the quality:quantity ratio of Avalon up there where it should be?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

BIG CAT (27th July 2013), drneglector (30th March 2016), Malgorzata (13th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Another1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 times in 258 posts

Quote Posted by Akasha (here)
    I have to say, the irony within this thread is making me chuckle. Isn't the thanks button there to avoid the need for reams of "yeah, I agree" type posts, thus keeping the quality:quantity ratio of Avalon up there where it should be?
    yea, I agree

sorry, couldn't resist

The definitions of noise and signal are fun to witness if you travel around the web a bit.

Tonight once again my friends tried to help me understand that in a way this is simply the laws of this verse
    which we witness online.
    Balancing of energies.
    Fred says aliens are coming to eat us.
    Jim says there are some good ones who want to buy us lunch.

Mary says the guberment is a totally corrupt monster hell bound to enslave or kill us all.
    Susie says there are people just like you and me in the machine who will make a move the day they know it's right.

I have noticed, almost without exception:
    - the people who seek peace and believe it's possible are usually soft spoken, polite and don't really push much. They offer.
    In my opinion as a fellow traveler, this is a signal
    - the people looking forward to it all falling apart are highly vocal, well versed in the art of subtle ridicule. They tell you what will be.
    In my opinion as a fellow traveler, this is noise

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Another1 For This Post:

Akasha (31st July 2013), betoobig (21st March 2016), Bill Ryan (29th July 2018), donk (27th July 2013), Ernie Nemeth (2nd November 2013), Fred Steeves (27th July 2013), Hazelfern (12th September 2013), Ivanhoe (30th March 2016), LittleTree (3rd January 2016), PRAGMAE (5th August 2015), RunningDeer (29th July 2018), ulli (27th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

I couldn't agree more with you, Bill. Having said that I think it is necessary to remember that there is not one among us that has not been taken in and later felt foolish for falling for the scam. A case in point was the "Dr. Sal" debacle . Some of the brightest minds on PA were originally taken in by this. What I found interesting was the process of fact finding that occurred to get to the truth of the matter....this was a very important tool for me to learn from. So I guess some of this kind of thing is a double edged sword.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

betoobig (21st March 2016)

7. Link to Post #44
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Thanks for the reminder Bill.

I wonder what the pertinent topics really are, myself. With that in mind, I would suggest that perhaps this road to, what, comprehension?, is personal, as much useful experience and knowledge can be gained from a circuitous route, through many varried topics to understand the mix, 67% this, 1% that, a few points for whatis. Pertinent, immediate data can be meaningless to those unintiated to the full spectrum of this crazy ruse we call modern life.

Not to mention the personal work that needs to be done in order to even be open to the truth. And we all have our own demons, and angels, of course. So that also predicates what direction is best for any given individual. We all have our talents.

I also agree that there is a strong intuitive aspect to this game of finding the truth, no? An aspect I find you, Bill, and many here at Avalon seem to use often, that's why I'm here. I do the same.

And then there are the levels of truth, the layering of it, the subterfuge that data sets can root out. Some here shine at posting these pertinent tidbits.

When a silly thread comes up I often don't even enter, and if I do I soon pass it by. Those are the obvious ones we're talking about, I guess. Predictions of calamity? - I'm with you, no thanks, especially if they come with dates! Other threads may seem trivial and then some obscure piece will suddenly fall into place unexpectedly. How would we ensure that sort of info does not get filtered out?

I see some old timers agree with you too, nice to see you folks.

Thanks Bill
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bob (4th November 2013), Flash (2nd November 2013), KiwiElf (2nd November 2013), ulli (2nd November 2013)

9. Link to Post #45
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

An individual mind out of control, runs on idle and thousand thoughts are formed, beginning from nowhere, going nowhere. Meditation, mindfulness and other similar practices could be seen as aiming to get the proverbial gear on and focus on what actually is significant.

To my understanding due to humanbeings capability to interact neurally among ourselves creates a sort of neural unity among a community of interacting individuals. We therefore as individuals in Avalon are an analogy for single neurons in a big brain we co-create.

Again today looking at the front page of New Posts it occurred to me that in whatever time you read it, the content is stereotypical. Threads may be new, but the basic concepts of threads are the same, no matter when is it. We are running as a collective brain/mind too much on idle, and I would´t mind seeing a collective effort in here to cut back the noise/mindless chatter a bit.

I challenge you to look at the latest front page of New Posts and go to any consecutive page in that listing and you find the same general mix of "New conspiracy found", "Archeology this and that", "New groundbreaking channelling info", "Disclosure of UFOs imminent", "New world order doing bad stuff", "New world order just about to break", "I feel so good, what is it about?" and "I feel so bad, what is it about?" - not to forget latest from Ben. How about we again try to turn the noise down a bit and see collectively what really surfaces?

Now don´t get me wrong, I very much understand that each person having an awakening period in ones life propably goes through many of the same stages and find things that upsets him. This is then reported, which is in itself fine and commendable, but when looking back, how many imminent, groundbreaking things really have been just that? In all probability the same ratio is found there than in an individuals mind between really significant revelations and the mindless chatter that we carry on while running on idle, jumping between past and the future.

UT

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Sierra (19th April 2015), sygh (4th January 2014)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,523 times in 32,788 posts

-------

Hi, All:

Some of you may find this PM interesting — one I wrote today to someone who's been somewhat critical of how I and we appear to conduct ourselves on Avalon, from their point of view.

I thought it might be valuable to share, as some perspectives I've explained might not be apparent to everyone, and might be useful and appreciated.

I have of course retained full anonymity of the person I was writing to. Some of the original has been amended, and added to, for public sharing here.

Dear ________ ,

It seems your main complaint is that totally everything should be transparent and up for grabs for members to know and discuss. That's just not the case.

Re Christine, I'd kept that relationship totally quiet SPECIFICALLY IN ORDER TO PROTECT HER FROM ATTACKS AND SMEARS. Right from the beginning... ask her. That was none of the rest of the world's business, you see. The hyenas out often there lose no opportunity in attacking or trying to smear one's closest relatives or partners. Anything that might draw blood, they will usually try.

As a thought experiment — would you like me to publish to the world any details of your own personal relationship(s)? Probably not. (About which I know exactly nothing, by the way. And if I asked you — or anyone else! — questions about that, you'd be quite right to politely tell me that it was totally none of my business.)

I keep some things confidential for good reasons.

Some stuff can under some circumstances be dangerous. If someone suggested publishing a bunch of black magick spells that really worked, I'd not do that.

Censorship? No, responsibility.

When we were investigating the complex and intriguing Jesse Ames affair (see Avalon Newsletter #2 for details), we said not a word to the rest of the forum. Only AFTER it was all over did we publish what had transpired.

The same with the source of recent leaks from non-public areas of the forum. We know how that happened now... but (read any spy novel!) we have not revealed to the leaker that we know who they are. That discloses our capacity for investigation. (And no, we do not, cannot, and would not ever read PMs. That needs a special vBulletin plugin which is NOT installed. If anyone suggested that, I would veto it personally. That statement is on record for you to share with anyone.)

Re the Corey Goode affair, I've said almost nothing publicly in order not to pour more gas on the bushfire. That wouldn't be a helpful or smart thing to do. There's a very great deal I could say about Corey and his situation and background, all of which would be true and documented... but that doesn't mean that I should.

Meanwhile, 90% of the core details are available on Avalon, in one place or another, for anyone who wants to do a little research using the Advanced Search function.

I have quite a few things which I've not even shared with my fellow mods. Some very sensitive material I have in my archives, I've never even shared with a single other human being. Why? Because some individuals could be put at very serious risk. And sometimes simply because I've been asked not to, and I keep my word. Ask anyone who knows me well. I'm good at keeping confidentiality when it's asked for or called for.

Publishing every tidbit you can, like the tabloid press, or a Hollywood gossip column, isn't always the right thing to do. In fact, usually it's not. Sometimes for very serious reasons, and at other times simply because it's just not kind.

For similar reasons, we filter the membership here carefully. Our firewall of membership applications isn't perfect, but it works pretty well. (Compare the atmosphere here with that on many other forums, and you'll see what I mean.) This is a private forum, not a public service. No one has a divine right to be here.

When the mods read applications, they ask themselves: "Would I want to sit and have coffee with this interesting person?"

That's not a joke: the 'coffee filter' is one of the criteria we consciously use. We want the members here to be valued and valuable friends... and if we'd not actually want to spend personal time with them if we could, we shouldn't be inviting them into the front room of our house.

Sometimes, we make mistakes. We invite someone in, and then realize we've misjudged them, and that they're actually not a very pleasant person to be with. If it's not just that they're having a bad day (and people sometimes do), we may ask them to leave.

And then sometimes, over time, people change... they become unpleasant or spiteful, due to factors only they may truly know. So I and the mods reserve the right to change our minds about anyone at any time.

Just because someone's been invited to a party, doesn't always mean that they can stay there all night. It depends how many fights they start.

Regarding other issues, you seem to misunderstand the position I have. It's one of quite high responsibility sometimes.

Every decision I make, I weigh against the greatest good. Sometimes I make mistakes with that, but usually I think I get it right. Even if you refuse to believe that, it's true.

To react by posting counters to every attempted smear elsewhere on the net only intensifies and prolongs them. It's what others WANT — to 'hook' me and the other mods into really very tiny issues.

Ironically, it was David Wilcock who really encouraged me personally, back in 2009 when he, Kerry and I were being heavily attacked in the second half of the year, to adopt this strategy:

That when people out there are trying to tar one with untruths, inventions and innuendo, as will ALWAYS happen to any 'celebrity' (even a minor one!), the thing to do is to ignore it all and just continue one's work — which should all the time speak for itself.

Here's the point. Have you noticed that the entire world is in great danger, and all our freedoms with it? Do you agree that that's what we should all be focusing on? And that we have powerful common enemies who would like to see us all disempowered, or even dead?

Yet, instead, many people out there play as small as humans possibly can be sometimes. There are a number of antagonists, not on this forum, who are being played like pawns on a chessboard, and they don't even know it: the whole idea is to create so much trivial noise that the important signals all get lost, or overlooked.

They may as well be working for our common enemies, even if no-one's paying them.

Many of the things you yourself post just add to the 'noise'. When have you recently written something publicly that's educational, inspiring, empowering, or which shares important insights or knowledge, that helps people grow and be bigger, better and wiser than they already are?

I'll leave you to reflect on that question. For God's sakes, ________ , you really are doing very little right now, with everything your attention is stuck on, to help the world be a better place. Please work on that to change it. We can all make a difference.

With my best wishes ~ Bill
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 16th April 2015 at 16:07.

12. The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

3(C)+me (4th April 2016), Agape (16th April 2015), araucaria (16th April 2015), Atlas (24th May 2016), Becky (9th June 2015), betoobig (21st March 2016), Billy (16th April 2015), Bob (16th April 2015), Carmody (16th April 2015), Czarek (17th April 2015), drneglector (30th March 2016), Elainie (16th April 2015), Ernie Nemeth (4th April 2016), exponentialist (17th April 2015), Fairy Friend (19th April 2015), Gardener (19th April 2015), giovonni (19th April 2015), Harley (16th April 2015), Hervé (16th April 2015), Ivanhoe (30th March 2016), Joe Sustaire (16th April 2015), Magnus (17th April 2015), meeradas (16th April 2015), MorningSong (16th April 2015), Muzz (16th April 2015), Neal (16th April 2015), onawah (28th June 2015), Reirrac (19th April 2015), Roisin (16th April 2015), RunningDeer (19th April 2015), SabreToothMom (9th May 2015), sandpainter (14th June 2015), Sequoia (21st March 2016), Sidney (16th April 2015), Sierra (19th April 2015), Sophocles (16th April 2015), Spirithorse (16th April 2015), Tintin (4th November 2022), ulli (16th April 2015), william r sanford72 (23rd April 2015), Wind (16th April 2015), Zampano (16th April 2015)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

I'm known for my non sequiturs, and I have to work hard to keep my side subject injections from getting out of hand and derailing discussions.

I'm capable of handling multiple discussions at once, in a round about way.... and I tend to handle most communications exactly like that. But the same gift shows the path in alternative conditions and solutions in the realm of a given problem ....so it does have an upside.

Essentially, I'm saying that I'm hyper aware of the issues you raise, here.
    Last edited by Carmody; 16th April 2015 at 18:05.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

betoobig (21st March 2016), Bill Ryan (16th April 2015), Billy (16th April 2015), Harley (16th April 2015), Jean-Marie (9th June 2015), Magnus (17th April 2015), Sierra (19th April 2015), ulli (16th April 2015)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

The older and wiser a person gets the more it looks like many of the people 'out there' tend to offer up to the world the 'angry soggy bottomed monkey pose', where they are angry and then run up to you/whomever, lie on the floor and adopt the leg lifted 'wipe my bottom and change my diaper' pose, all while screeching their discontent.

That almost everything they do concerning issues... is, at the core.... one derivation or another of this deeper reality. That this is the sort of fundamental mechanism that is seen to be at play, when one is out there, trying to help fix this world.
    Last edited by Carmody; 16th April 2015 at 18:27.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

betoobig (21st March 2016), Bill Ryan (16th April 2015), Billy (16th April 2015), Jean-Marie (9th June 2015), Joe Sustaire (16th April 2015), Magnus (17th April 2015), onawah (28th June 2015), Sierra (19th April 2015), ulli (16th April 2015)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,434 times in 21,489 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    The older and wiser a person gets the more it looks like many of the people 'out there' tend to offer up to the world the 'angry soggy bottomed monkey pose', where they are angry and then run up to you/whomever, lie on the floor and adopt the leg lifted 'wipe my bottom and change my diaper' pose, all while screeching their discontent.
    Sometimes I am grateful that a poster did not honor the maxim that a picture is worth a thousand words .
    Last edited by Sierra; 19th April 2015 at 04:53.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

betoobig (21st March 2016), Ivanhoe (30th March 2016), Jean-Marie (9th June 2015), onawah (28th June 2015), Sierra (19th April 2015)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Thanks, Bill.

And insightful question:

Many of the things you yourself post just add to the 'noise'. When have you recently written something publicly that's educational, inspiring, empowering, or which shares important insights or knowledge, that helps people grow and be bigger, better and wiser than they already are?

<3

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

Hi, All:

Some of you may find this PM interesting — one I wrote today to someone who's been somewhat critical of how I and we appear to conduct ourselves on Avalon, from their point of view.

I thought it might be valuable to share, as some perspectives I've explained might not be apparent to everyone, and might be useful and appreciated.

I have of course retained full anonymity of the person I was writing to. Some of the original has been amended, and added to, for public sharing here.

Dear ________ ,

It seems your main complaint is that totally everything should be transparent and up for grabs for members to know and discuss. That's just not the case.

Re Christine, I'd kept that relationship totally quiet SPECIFICALLY IN ORDER TO PROTECT HER FROM ATTACKS AND SMEARS. Right from the beginning... ask her. That was none of the rest of the world's business, you see. The hyenas out often there lose no opportunity in attacking or trying to smear one's closest relatives or partners. Anything that might draw blood, they will usually try.

As a thought experiment — would you like me to publish to the world any details of your own personal relationship(s)? Probably not. (About which I know exactly nothing, by the way. And if I asked you — or anyone else! — questions about that, you'd be quite right to politely tell me that it was totally none of my business.)

I keep some things confidential for good reasons.

Some stuff can under some circumstances be dangerous. If someone suggested publishing a bunch of black magick spells that really worked, I'd not do that.

Censorship? No, responsibility.

When we were investigating the complex and intriguing Jesse Ames affair (see Avalon Newsletter #2 for details), we said not a word to the rest of the forum. Only AFTER it was all over did we publish what had transpired.

The same with the source of recent leaks from non-public areas of the forum. We know how that happened now... but (read any spy novel!) we have not revealed to the leaker that we know who they are. That discloses our capacity for investigation. (And no, we do not, cannot, and would not ever read PMs. That needs a special vBulletin plugin which is NOT installed. If anyone suggested that, I would veto it personally. That statement is on record for you to share with anyone.)

Re the Corey Goode affair, I've said almost nothing publicly in order not to pour more gas on the bushfire. That wouldn't be a helpful or smart thing to do. There's a very great deal I could say about Corey and his situation and background, all of which would be true and documented... but that doesn't mean that I should.

Meanwhile, 90% of the core details are available on Avalon, in one place or another, for anyone who wants to do a little research using the Advanced Search function.

I have quite a few things which I've not even shared with my fellow mods. Some very sensitive material I have in my archives, I've never even shared with a single other human being. Why? Because some individuals could be put at very serious risk. And sometimes simply because I've been asked not to, and I keep my word. Ask anyone who knows me well. I'm good at keeping confidentiality when it's asked for or called for.

Publishing every tidbit you can, like the tabloid press, or a Hollywood gossip column, isn't always the right thing to do. In fact, usually it's not. Sometimes for very serious reasons, and at other times simply because it's just not kind.

For similar reasons, we filter the membership here carefully. Our firewall of membership applications isn't perfect, but it works pretty well. (Compare the atmosphere here with that on many other forums, and you'll see what I mean.) This is a private forum, not a public service. No one has a divine right to be here.

When the mods read applications, they ask themselves: "Would I want to sit and have coffee with this interesting person?"

That's not a joke: the 'coffee filter' is one of the criteria we consciously use. We want the members here to be valued and valuable friends... and if we'd not actually want to spend personal time with them if we could, we shouldn't be inviting them into the front room of our house.

Sometimes, we make mistakes. We invite someone in, and then realize we've misjudged them, and that they're actually not a very pleasant person to be with. If it's not just that they're having a bad day (and people sometimes do), we may ask them to leave.

And then sometimes, over time, people change... they become unpleasant or spiteful, due to factors only they may truly know. So I and the mods reserve the right to change our minds about anyone at any time.

Just because someone's been invited to a party, doesn't always mean that they can stay there all night. It depends how many fights they start.

Regarding other issues, you seem to misunderstand the position I have. It's one of quite high responsibility sometimes.

Every decision I make, I weigh against the greatest good. Sometimes I make mistakes with that, but usually I think I get it right. Even if you refuse to believe that, it's true.

To react by posting counters to every attempted smear elsewhere on the net only intensifies and prolongs them. It's what others WANT — to 'hook' me and the other mods into really very tiny issues.

Ironically, it was David Wilcock who really encouraged me personally, back in 2009 when he, Kerry and I were being heavily attacked in the second half of the year, to adopt this strategy:

That when people out there are trying to tar one with untruths, inventions and innuendo, as will ALWAYS happen to any 'celebrity' (even a minor one!), the thing to do is to ignore it all and just continue one's work — which should all the time speak for itself.

Here's the point. Have you noticed that the entire world is in great danger, and all our freedoms with it? Do you agree that that's what we should all be focusing on? And that we have powerful common enemies who would like to see us all disempowered, or even dead?

Yet, instead, many people out there play as small as humans possibly can be sometimes. There are a number of antagonists, not on this forum, who are being played like pawns on a chessboard, and they don't even know it: the whole idea is to create so much trivial noise that the important signals all get lost, or overlooked.

They may as well be working for our common enemies, even if no-one's paying them.

I'll leave you to reflect on that question. For God's sakes, ________ , you really are doing very little right now, with everything your attention is stuck on, to help the world be a better place. Please work on that to change it. We can all make a difference.

With my best wishes ~ Bill

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

betoobig (21st March 2016), Bill Ryan (19th April 2015), Hervé (19th April 2015), Jean-Marie (9th June 2015), Muzz (22nd April 2015), Sierra (19th April 2015), ThePythonicCow (19th April 2015), Tintin (4th November 2022), ulli (19th April 2015), Wind (21st April 2015)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 times in 335 posts

The goal here is certainly a noble one considering that forums discussing the kinds of matters discussed here are usually the same ones that have many types who either consciously or by being programmed to do so, contribute in ways that serve to keep the ratio very low.

However you can feel the desire to keep the ratio high here, much more so than elsewhere, which is what gives Avalon a fighting chance.

The idea had long been to compartmentalize the populace as a way of defusing the potential of the internet. The main prong was achieving the kind of digital status quo afforded by social media which few risk treading from. This is largely a show of many bandwagons all being pulled along in a line, and a great majority of the digitally-enabled world simply choosing which bandwagon to hop onto for a little while when they go online.

A secondary prong was meant for the alternative internet, which will hit closer to home - the idea here is to keep alternatively-minded internet-goers treading water by saturating alternative media streams. Eventually nobody knows what to believe - it becomes extremely difficult to distinguish good sources of information from bad sources when they are all presenting their information in a very similar manner.

But, as mentioned above by Another1,

Quote Posted by Another1 (here)
    - the people who seek peace and believe it's possible are usually soft spoken, polite and don't really push much. They offer.
    - the people looking forward to it all falling apart are highly vocal, well versed in the art of subtle ridicule. They tell you what will be.
    This is a sign to look for. It is imperative that people gain the ability to temporarily entangle themselves with the others they interact with on the internet, and to be able to see into those people no matter what facades they may put up. Impostors are everywhere but no one will be able to do a good enough job of appearing to be the former type of individual to fool the most distinguishing / discerning individual.

If only some of the spiritual art/sciences that have been available online since even the 90s had been less of diamonds in the rough, or needles in a haystack. They provided exactly this kind of training. Now, when I (for example) take in small amounts of a person's information (their avatar, a few typed out words is more than enough), then torrents of information come into the mind about that individual which goes a long way towards an improved ability to decide if I am going to give much credence to what they are trying to communicate.

Even when information doesn't come back (barriers around the person, whether intentional or not), that fact in itself provides more information - perhaps a hint of caution - be careful about this person, they are not participating in the "human internet" handshake - the one where we readily reveal ourselves to each other at an energetic level so we can build trust even though we are interacting digitally and have never (and may never) interact in real life.

This "human internet" of seeing into other people who want to be seen into by others that have similar goals of benevolence towards one another is a crucial foundational element for the times ahead. Every time you build new connections along this alternative internet you are opening new doors to additional informational streams, not only in the senses you are used to now (ready to believe types words, take shared media more seriously, etc), but in the ways that will be increasingly apparent in the future (direct exchange of information over quantum channels between minds, etc.)

I had intended to join this forum specifically for two reasons - 1) to present a significant body of information relating to a vastly different branch in the timeline I believed would only be believable at first to members of the alternative internet community, leading to 2) facilitating the cooperation from within that community to start a totally new kind of real life project based around a suppressed form of mathematics / physics / technology that would provide the means to gain access to that 'escape' branch of the timeline which I am worried would never be available to us otherwise.

In an effort towards accomplishing 1), I realized that first impressions might be that as a new member seeking to quickly gain the attention of regular forum members, I was in fact part of the noise camp - someone who without building any kind of identity on Avalon was hoping to quickly gain attention and possibly get people to believe in something that was totally incorrect.

So I realized that perhaps the best approach would be to slow things down incredibly and achieve a more meditative approach to easing into it, and in so doing more clearly expose a signature of who the person behind the words really is.

With enough words, a 'vibe' should definitely emerge. While it is possible to be an impostor in this reality on many (often shocking once you find out) levels, this is not one of them. The 'vibe' you discover in reading the words of someone willing to expose themselves this way is almost certainly going to be authentic.

And so, if I were asked how to best keep the signal to noise ratio high on a forum with incredible potential like Avalon, I would say it is exactly this - go meta with others - use your ability to see into each other via such means to either just let the thread derail temporarily to ask a question on that point (if the other has nothing to worry about, they should gladly reply to it and get back on track), or do it as a private message. People will be afraid to do this sort of thing.

But this is exactly how things like festivals that strongly seek to set an alternative vibe as the status quo for a small amount of time (usually a weekend) succeed - people in those cases go with the intention to relax and generate positive vibes, and people struggling to do so will be quickly helped to do so while people unable to do so will be quickly asked to leave.

The same principle can just be applied to a forum community, where the focus is shifted from relaxation towards maximizing the exchange of the most critical elements of information that is as well-researched as possible.

If it can be done anywhere on the internet, it is probably Avalon. In this timeline, it's uncharted territory for the internet to be used so successfully. It's not as though Avalon has any kind of footsteps to follow in - if it can succeed in becoming an accurate alternative informational hub, it will be the site that can hopefully provide an example for others to follow instead.

We need this effort in the years 2015-2020 more than at any other time. The dark wane 2001-2008 is long over, in fact we are fully rebounded after 2009-2015. This is the right time to try.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

3(C)+me (27th August 2015), Atlas (24th May 2016), Avuso (10th August 2015), betoobig (21st March 2016), Feritciva (9th June 2015), Flash (9th June 2015), Iloveyou (9th June 2015), Jean-Marie (9th June 2015), onawah (28th June 2015), RunningDeer (4th June 2015), ulli (4th June 2015)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

I felt this last post to be incredibly important reading, so...

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Atlas (24th May 2016), betoobig (21st March 2016), Iloveyou (9th June 2015), Jean-Marie (9th June 2015), onawah (28th June 2015), RunningDeer (9th June 2015)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

I had missed that great post. Thank you Ulli for bringing it to our attention.

Quote Posted by triquetra (here)
    The goal here is certainly a noble one considering that forums discussing the kinds of matters discussed here are usually the same ones that have many types who either consciously or by being programmed to do so, contribute in ways that serve to keep the ratio very low.

However you can feel the desire to keep the ratio high here, much more so than elsewhere, which is what gives Avalon a fighting chance.

The idea had long been to compartmentalize the populace as a way of defusing the potential of the internet. The main prong was achieving the kind of digital status quo afforded by social media which few risk treading from. This is largely a show of many bandwagons all being pulled along in a line, and a great majority of the digitally-enabled world simply choosing which bandwagon to hop onto for a little while when they go online.

A secondary prong was meant for the alternative internet, which will hit closer to home - the idea here is to keep alternatively-minded internet-goers treading water by saturating alternative media streams. Eventually nobody knows what to believe - it becomes extremely difficult to distinguish good sources of information from bad sources when they are all presenting their information in a very similar manner.

But, as mentioned above by Another1,

Quote Posted by Another1 (here)
    This is a sign to look for. It is imperative that people gain the ability to temporarily entangle themselves with the others they interact with on the internet, and to be able to see into those people no matter what facades they may put up. Impostors are everywhere but no one will be able to do a good enough job of appearing to be the former type of individual to fool the most distinguishing / discerning individual.

If only some of the spiritual art/sciences that have been available online since even the 90s had been less of diamonds in the rough, or needles in a haystack. They provided exactly this kind of training. Now, when I (for example) take in small amounts of a person's information (their avatar, a few typed out words is more than enough), then torrents of information come into the mind about that individual which goes a long way towards an improved ability to decide if I am going to give much credence to what they are trying to communicate.

Even when information doesn't come back (barriers around the person, whether intentional or not), that fact in itself provides more information - perhaps a hint of caution - be careful about this person, they are not participating in the "human internet" handshake - the one where we readily reveal ourselves to each other at an energetic level so we can build trust even though we are interacting digitally and have never (and may never) interact in real life.

This "human internet" of seeing into other people who want to be seen into by others that have similar goals of benevolence towards one another is a crucial foundational element for the times ahead. Every time you build new connections along this alternative internet you are opening new doors to additional informational streams, not only in the senses you are used to now (ready to believe types words, take shared media more seriously, etc), but in the ways that will be increasingly apparent in the future (direct exchange of information over quantum channels between minds, etc.)

I had intended to join this forum specifically for two reasons - 1) to present a significant body of information relating to a vastly different branch in the timeline I believed would only be believable at first to members of the alternative internet community, leading to 2) facilitating the cooperation from within that community to start a totally new kind of real life project based around a suppressed form of mathematics / physics / technology that would provide the means to gain access to that 'escape' branch of the timeline which I am worried would never be available to us otherwise.

In an effort towards accomplishing 1), I realized that first impressions might be that as a new member seeking to quickly gain the attention of regular forum members, I was in fact part of the noise camp - someone who without building any kind of identity on Avalon was hoping to quickly gain attention and possibly get people to believe in something that was totally incorrect.

So I realized that perhaps the best approach would be to slow things down incredibly and achieve a more meditative approach to easing into it, and in so doing more clearly expose a signature of who the person behind the words really is.

With enough words, a 'vibe' should definitely emerge. While it is possible to be an impostor in this reality on many (often shocking once you find out) levels, this is not one of them. The 'vibe' you discover in reading the words of someone willing to expose themselves this way is almost certainly going to be authentic.

And so, if I were asked how to best keep the signal to noise ratio high on a forum with incredible potential like Avalon, I would say it is exactly this - go meta with others - use your ability to see into each other via such means to either just let the thread derail temporarily to ask a question on that point (if the other has nothing to worry about, they should gladly reply to it and get back on track), or do it as a private message. People will be afraid to do this sort of thing.

But this is exactly how things like festivals that strongly seek to set an alternative vibe as the status quo for a small amount of time (usually a weekend) succeed - people in those cases go with the intention to relax and generate positive vibes, and people struggling to do so will be quickly helped to do so while people unable to do so will be quickly asked to leave.

The same principle can just be applied to a forum community, where the focus is shifted from relaxation towards maximizing the exchange of the most critical elements of information that is as well-researched as possible.

If it can be done anywhere on the internet, it is probably Avalon. In this timeline, it's uncharted territory for the internet to be used so successfully. It's not as though Avalon has any kind of footsteps to follow in - if it can succeed in becoming an accurate alternative informational hub, it will be the site that can hopefully provide an example for others to follow instead.

We need this effort in the years 2015-2020 more than at any other time. The dark wane 2001-2008 is long over, in fact we are fully rebounded after 2009-2015. This is the right time to try.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Atlas (24th May 2016)

27. Link to Post #54
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

There is a problem in this signal-to-noise-ratio still. In general there is a LOT of threads that are started on a premiss of established fact and starting the discussion from there. However the case is more of a subjective feeling of established fact - when one searches the internet and reads enough times the same thing over again, one begins to feel it must be an established fact - without ever actually seeing any facts to back it up.

An example is this thread: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...hiding-history

I mean absolutely no harm to the op of that thread or the thread in itself, this is just an example. This just happened to be the thread to prompt me write this post. The thread begins with the premiss of Smithsonian hiding history. I would however see fit to have the discussion of "Is Smithsonian hiding history" first. In this example case the evidence is at best flimsy, but the discussion is started from a point of view of it being solid.

In Avalon it would be ideal to first really consider whether I have my facts right to present a case as granted? If not, what IS the case I CAN present, do I need to take a step back and start from there? At present we in here oftentimes help memes gather up momentum and the fact of there not being facts to begin with, is lost in noise.

UT

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Atlas (24th May 2016), Eram (21st March 2016)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,523 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    There is a problem in this signal-to-noise-ratio still. In general there is a LOT of threads that are started on a premiss of established fact and starting the discussion from there. However the case is more of a subjective feeling of established fact - when one searches the internet and reads enough times the same thing over again, one begins to feel it must be an established fact - without ever actually seeing any facts to back it up.

An example is this thread: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...hiding-history

I mean absolutely no harm to the op of that thread or the thread in itself, this is just an example. This just happened to be the thread to prompt me write this post. The thread begins with the premiss of Smithsonian hiding history. I would however see fit to have the discussion of "Is Smithsonian hiding history" first. In this example case the evidence is at best flimsy, but the discussion is started from a point of view of it being solid.

In Avalon it would be ideal to first really consider whether I have my facts right to present a case as granted? If not, what IS the case I CAN present, do I need to take a step back and start from there? At present we in here oftentimes help memes gather up momentum and the fact of there not being facts to begin with, is lost in noise.

UT
    It's a good point... we do amend thread titles periodically, to better reflect the nature of the discussion. For instance, we added a question mark to Billy Meier: the Best UFO case EVER? — so it was phrased as a question, rather than the flat statement initially posted. (Regarding the Smithsonian, though, it's been evident to me for years that they certainly are hiding things, but I do understand what you're saying!)

I do agree that many people post things without checking facts... which these days, is pretty easy to do with a small amount of work. More concerning to me is the 'noise' of threads (or posts) which don't always have a lot of weight to them sometimes, and are really more like Facebook comments. Like: "Hey everyone, this is what I woke up thinking this morning."

While that can have its place in any community — because not everything in life can be serious or heavyweight — that's sometimes an accidentally very effective way to drown out the sometimes highly significant discussions, on really important topics, that regularly come along.

Balance in all things... but you're quite right to raise the point here.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (24th May 2016), avid (21st March 2016), betoobig (21st March 2016), Tintin (4th November 2022), Ultima Thule (21st March 2016)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

UT
    I fully agree Ultima Thule.

To elaborate on the issue that you raise:
    It appears to me that We could all benefit from a study in assessing facts and establish truth.

To be a seeker for truth also entails a great responsibility that one takes upon him/her self.

In my mind, it requires a whole set of skills that we must train in order to make our ways through the many pitfalls in conspiracy land and it amazes me there doesn't seem to be much information around that discusses these very qualities and the training to get them sharpened.

I've been thinking about opening a thread on this subject for years now, since I think that it might be one of the more important issues that truth movement faces and yet, this movement seems to be somewhat blind to it.

I mean: Why is there no "How to find the truth 101" yet?
    We should definitely make one.
    Last edited by Eram; 21st March 2016 at 08:31.
    hylozoic tenet: “Consciousness sleeps in the stone, dreams in the plant, awakens in the animal, and becomes self-conscious in man.”

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

betoobig (21st March 2016), Ultima Thule (21st March 2016)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

I like to say that this issue worry me a lot becouse i dont have a technical background either the lenguage skill to keep on the high quality discussions, which are disccus here. Even though i try sometimes i get fooled/scammed, or i do post something it is not relevant at the moment.
    I just saw this thread and want to thank Avalon for being tolerant with me and to say sorry if any of my posts or threads didn't help to keep with the high quality Avalon has.
    Dear Bill, you have been heard and i will do my best in order to keep up with you all.
    I love this "place" and i love you all. I whish Avalon could come truelly real some day, as a gentle, open, wise comunity which offers sanctuary to awaken people, who knows through experience that awakening is a lonely path ( until you get here).
    As usual, much love
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Becky (21st March 2016), Eram (21st March 2016), Ivanhoe (30th March 2016), Pam (21st March 2016)

35. Link to Post #58
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I suppose it is what it now, mainly, is, a discussion forum.
    Opinions abound which is ok as long as it is realised that it is an opinion.
    Educated guess if often close to the mark but not fact.
    If a person expresses from personal experience or has done their own research then the quality shows.
    Several mods, Paul, Herve, and others do come from a factual, in depth place and their posts are appreciated.

Avalon is still well ahead of most forums as far as I can tell.

Chris

C
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

avid (21st March 2016), betoobig (21st March 2016), Eram (21st March 2016), Ivanhoe (30th March 2016), Matthew (21st March 2016)

37. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Bill,

Have you ever considered expanding on the priority thread idea? What if you, as the site owner and leader here, were to serve as an 'editor' of sorts and create some kind of category system? Something along the lines of Analytical, Reactive, Somatic? rate the threads as Definitely pertinent to awakening/truth seeking, Moderately relevant and everything else? I am sure you could find better descriptions than what I pose, but it might be helpful in noise reduction to have someone with laser precision set some social conventions? I could see members eventually going with the flow and ultimately understanding where their thread fits with respect to how it better serves the purpose of the forum? Just a suggestion.

38. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Some interesting discussion on the Billy Meier case at this link, where I've outlined some of what was discussed in the March 2016 roundtable with Simon Parkes, Alex Collier, Win Keech, etc.:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1056446
    and the following post,
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

UT
    It's a good point... we do amend thread titles periodically, to better reflect the nature of the discussion. For instance, we added a question mark to Billy Meier: the Best UFO case EVER? — so it was phrased as a question, rather than the flat statement initially posted. (Regarding the Smithsonian, though, it's been evident to me for years that they certainly are hiding things, but I do understand what you're saying!)

I do agree that many people post things without checking facts... which these days, is pretty easy to do with a small amount of work. More concerning to me is the 'noise' of threads (or posts) which don't always have a lot of weight to them sometimes, and are really more like Facebook comments. Like: "Hey everyone, this is what I woke up thinking this morning."

While that can have its place in any community — because not everything in life can be serious or heavyweight — that's sometimes an accidentally very effective way to drown out the sometimes highly significant discussions, on really important topics, that regularly come along.

Balance in all things... but you're quite right to raise the point here.
    Last edited by onawah; 31st March 2016 at 17:43.
    Each breath a gift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast